Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #226
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Friday, August 1 1997        Volume 02 : Number 226

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 22:42:15 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  CFJ439 (among other things)

> I would happily submit a proposal allowing you to become ambassador.  I
> will even include proposal magic {{like this}} to make you the ambassador,
> should our current one not object.

I object because it prolly will not work :-).  As soon as the {{}} goes
away, he will be impeached.  

I would prefer a general proposal, as opposed to one that creates
a rule "Voting Gnome is the Ambassador".  The solutions, in my mind,
are:

1) Voting Gnome becomes a voting player
2) Allow an NVP to be the Ambassador

If either of these events occured, I would resign as Ambassador.  However,
I would vote against a proposal enacting solution 2) (that is not to
say it wouldn't happen anyway), nothing personal, I just personally do
not like 2)

Malenkai
Ambassador

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:11:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka prop. and bot

> I am getting server errors on both the bot and the current proposals
> is this the same for all?

Mail to Chaos is bouncing. (I'm getting mailer-daemon errors every
time someone posts to acka-azpiazu.) From what I can make of it, it
appears that something is wrong concerning his procmail setup.

Presumably he will figure this out before too long.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:53:13 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Subscriptions 

I have a couple of new people two subscribe to the lists, but before I do
that, I need to know a couple of things.

#1) Should I go ahead and subscribe them to the wilma versions?

#2) Should I subscribe them to the muppetlabs versions?

#3 If so, would breadbox be so kind as to send me the list password?

Mr. Lunatic Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 19:56:17 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  CFJ439 (among other things) 

>> I would happily submit a proposal allowing you to become ambassador.  I
>> will even include proposal magic {{like this}} to make you the ambassador,
>> should our current one not object.
>
>I object because it prolly will not work :-).  As soon as the {{}} goes
>away, he will be impeached.
>

I think you have misunderstood my position.  My intent was to write a
proposal allowing NVP's to be the ambassador (I see no reason why they
shouldn't be - it's a harfy job more than anything else) and then {{magic}}
you out and him in.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe
Ex Ambassador

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:42:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Subscriptions

> #1) Should I go ahead and subscribe them to the wilma versions?

Absolutely. At this time, wilma's lists are still the only official
lists. The game does not yet recognize muppetlabs. (Another twelve
hours or so.) Even then, I suspect that the transition will not be
immediate....

> #2) Should I subscribe them to the muppetlabs versions?

No reason not to. Right now all of us are subscribed to the muppetlabs
versions.

> #3 If so, would breadbox be so kind as to send me the list password?

The passwords are unchanged from wilma's.

And by the way, if you notice any majordomo behavior that is different
from what you've come to expect, let me know.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 22:55:14 -0600 
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Re acka

>I wish to purchase a prosthetic forehead please let me know if one will
>sell one to me?

You don't necessarily have to buy one from someone else.  You can either
go to the Treasury, pay A$7, and then pick one(i.e. describe what the
Prosthetic Forehead you bought looks like).  Or you can buy a Rock To Wind
A String Around from somebody with a Vending Machine, because the Treasury
will also accept one of those in exchange for a Prosthetic Forehead.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Album--Kate Bush:The Red Shoes
Current Book--Dick Francis:Risk
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #226
*******************************