Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #225
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Thursday, July 31 1997        Volume 02 : Number 225

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 21:32:16 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: is not 

>
>> Now, for the second edition of is not
>>
>> is not -- issue two
>>
>> Senate
>>
>> The senate today acted completely responsibly, with the exception of
>> senator Robert Sevin who continued on his path of wanton disregard for the
>> rules and the players of Ackanomic :)
>
>If this is indeed a valid issue of is not, then I demand that mr cwm post a
>public retraction of this statement, which is obviously intended to
>undermine the righteous cause of the Rebellion.  However, since I doubt
>that it is, under Rule 925, a retraction need not necessarily be issued.  A
>member of the Rebellion will be by to put a chalk mark on your door.  Have
>a nice day, and overthrow the Tyrannical Ruling Elite!

Why would you think this is not a valid issue?  I have been granted
permission to publish, and publish I am.  Also, note what is not is (the
untruth of its statements are all completely vouched for) and take this is
Satire.

I voted for senate resolutions, because I didn't think an organization
would abuse that much power just because it could.  I guess I was wrong and
most players aren't as honorable as I hoped they were, as Mr. Robert Sevin
was.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 21:49:28 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Senate Things 

#1 - I encourage all of our Current senators, with the exception of the
Honorable Robert Sevin, to hang their heads in shame and resign from the
senate.

#2 - I encourage our CSSR officer to assign a new number to the rule
created by the first senate resolution so that the aliens still have a
decent hance of accepting something.

#3 - I encourage everyone tovote for the repeal of senate resolutions.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 00:13:03 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: is not

> >If this is indeed a valid issue of is not, then I demand that mr cwm post a
> >public retraction of this statement, which is obviously intended to
> >undermine the righteous cause of the Rebellion.  However, since I doubt
> >that it is, under Rule 925, a retraction need not necessarily be issued.  A
> >member of the Rebellion will be by to put a chalk mark on your door.  Have
> >a nice day, and overthrow the Tyrannical Ruling Elite!

> Why would you think this is not a valid issue?  I have been granted
> permission to publish, and publish I am.  Also, note what is not is (the
> untruth of its statements are all completely vouched for) and take this is
> Satire.

I'm not sure that Rule 925 allows for other people to publish one's
newspaper.  That is, they don't prohibit anyone from posting a message and
claiming "This is an issue of is not"; but they don't obligate anyone
except the owner of the newspaper to publish retractions of incorrect
facts.  But that's what I'm testing here.  :-)

And yes, I realize that it's satire...but nonetheless, it can be considered
to be a false statement, if it's not too subjective to be assigned a
definnite true/false value in the eyes of a Judge.

> I voted for senate resolutions, because I didn't think an organization
> would abuse that much power just because it could.  I guess I was wrong and
> most players aren't as honorable as I hoped they were, as Mr. Robert Sevin
> was.

I think they've been planning this since at least the Bonus Votes scam.
ICOCBW...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--The Beatles:Eight Days A Week
Current Book--Dick Francis:Risk
"I am lonely, and I am growing very small."

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 00:18:18 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Senate Things

> #1 - I encourage all of our Current senators, with the exception of the
> Honorable Robert Sevin, to hang their heads in shame and resign from the
> senate.

Preferably before SR 102 comes to vote.

> #2 - I encourage our CSSR officer to assign a new number to the rule
> created by the first senate resolution so that the aliens still have a
> decent hance of accepting something.

I think that SR 101 had not yet passed on Monday, so that the rule number
should still be in a reasonable range.  (In a perfect world, Rule 411.1
would be the one abducted...:-)

> #3 - I encourage everyone tovote for the repeal of senate resolutions.

I think that defanging the Rule from amending itself might work too, but I
submitted both to leave people the options.  Please be careful to vote only
for the earliest version of each Proposal, since that's the only one that's
going to be valid.

(Actually, now that I think about it, my first submission of "Checks &
Balances" had some precedence problems, and the later ones where it was
fixed would still be too close, and hence invalid; so maybe you should just
vote for "Blinding Big Brother".)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--The Beatles:Eight Days A Week
Current Book--Dick Francis:Risk
'My name is Inigo Montoya.  You stole my .sig quote.  Prepare to die.'

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:33:11 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Public Apology

Do we have such nominations going on now?
Niccolo Flychuck

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Malenkai wrote:

> > > This is Silver Moon material.
> > 
> > Yes, but so is the description of how to remove Beldin's Pants, not to
> > mention the Blueprint for the BWG Laser.  IMHO, at least.
> 
> Why thanks :)
> 
> Malenkai
> who has never been nominated for an SM, *despite* treasure 106 ;-)
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:44:33 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Senate Resolution

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
> 
> What this Resolution will do is remove power from the hands of the good
> Robert Sevin, the One Good Senator in this conflict, and Vynd, whom we are
> at least willing to give the benefit of the doubt, and give it to Malenkai
> as well.  And, furthermore, the Vulcan party members can not be impeached
> from their posts, nor need they admit any member that they do not wish to.
> 
> This is a dark day indeed for Ackanomic.  Do not be fooled by those who
> tell you otherwise.
> 

Which is precisely the reason I wanted to see ThinMan's proposal pass. It
was the only way to show the citizens of Ackanomic the kind of beast we
are facing here. 
They laughed at me when.. (sorry that's someone else)

For too long the citizens of Ackanomic have ignored my warnings about the
dangers of the flawed Senate rules, now they too see the light.

The Church of Odo on the Wormhole adds its support to the Rebelion.

Strong mesasures should be taken against the Vulcan Party, their current
actions tarnish the name of the Partyof which I was a founding member.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:49:10 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2263

I"m voting Yes, Yes, Yes.

I would have also supported self deleting text tomake sure /dev/joe and
ThinMan are removed from the Senate for a few months, or forever, whicever
is longer :)

Niccolo Flychuck

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Acrobot wrote:

> Proposal 2263
> Checks & Balances
> Alfvaen
> 
> 
> Repeal Rule 411.1, "Senate Resolutions" {{[if it exists]}}.
> 
> Create a new Rule, numbered 411.1, named "Senate Resolutions", with the
> following text(delimited by BEEFEATER):
> 
> BEEFEATER
>  
> The President, the Speaker, the Supreme Court Justices, and the
> Senators may each introduce a Senate Resolution at most once per
> calendar month by publicly posting its text. The officer
> introducing the resolution shall then post a presumptuous,
> ostentatious speech, at least as long as the text of the
> resolution, explaining why the resolution should be accepted.
> 
> If the text of the resolution is longer than 20 80-character lines,
> or if it is not prefaced in the same document with a statement to
> the effect thatthe following text is a Senate Resolution and a
> provisional title, then the Officer who introduced it is considered
> an Incompetent Political Buffoon for the following three days.
> Otherwise, a vote is initiated in the Senate on the question of
> whetheror not to accept the Resolution; the voting period shall be
> three days for this.
> 
> If the Senate votes in favor of accepting a resolution then
> immediately after the results of the vote are publicly announced
> (as described in rule 1001), that resolution's text is added to the
> ruleset as a new rule with its initial title the specified
> provisional title, and an initial number equal to the first integer
> greater than 5000 which is not already a rule number. The player
> who initiated the resolution is then permitted to cheer, strut, and
> make victory gestures. The CSRR Officer is permitted and encouraged
> to assign such a rule a new number once within the first 7 days of
> its existence (in order to place it in the correct section of the
> rules); the Harfmeister is permitted to once rename such a new rule
> to any legal name during the first seven days of its existence.
> 
> If the Senate votes against accepting the resolution then the
> player who introduced it loses 10 points and is encouraged to moan,
> gripe, and complain about their choice of either "tree-hugging,
> big-government, hippie liberals" or "gun-toting, poor-hating,
> draconian conservatives."
> 
> Regardless of the outcome of the vote, each Senator who votes in
> favor of accepting a resolution isremoved from his Senator seat at
> the same time that the complete, final voting results on that
> resolution are publicly announced. Senators who are removed from
> their seats in this way shall not be eligible to be re-elected as
> Senators for eight weeksfollowing the removal.
> 
> This rule cannot be amended except through a Proposal submitted by a
> player and distributed by the Promoter.  In particular, it cannot be
> amended as the result of a Senate Resolution, even through the use of
> self-deleting text.  This takes precedence over other rules which may
> otherwise be considered to specify ways to amend this rule.
> 
> BEEFEATER
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:51:28 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2267

If it were phrased to give this power to the Founder in absence of Church
Policy on the matter, like other parts of the rule, then I might have
supported it. Not in its present form thought.
Founders are only dictators by default, and their presence is the life
blood of the Church.

Niccolo Flychuck

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Acrobot wrote:

> Proposal 2267
> Get Thee Hence From My Sight
> Alfvaen
> 
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> {{[ While the recent CFJ specifies that Church Policy can make it
> Iconoclasm for a member to remain in the Church, this is not quite as
> strong as I want.  I think a Church should be able to forcibly eject a
> member. ]}}
> 
> Amend Rule 1301, "Church", as follows:
> 
> Replace the existing text of sections 4. a.-c.
> 
> {{[
> 
> 4.a. The Church Founder has the power to ordain Priests.
>    
> b. A Founder may ordain a Player as a Priest if and only if that
> Player is a member of eir Church.
>    
> c. The Founder may delegate any of his duties or authorities to the
> Priesthood, except for the power to ordain Priests.
> 
> ]}}
> 
> with the following(delimited by AUTO-DA-FE):
> 
> AUTO-DA-FE
> 
> 4.a. The Church Founder has the power to ordain Priests.  The Church
> Founder also has the power to expel Players from eir Church; this is called
> Excommunication.
>    
> b. A Founder may ordain a Player as a Priest, or Excommunicate a Player,
> if and only if that Player is a member of eir Church.
>    
> c. The Founder may delegate any of his duties or authorities to the
> Priesthood, except for the power to ordain Priests and to Excommunicate.
> 
> AUTO-DA-FE
> 
> {{[ Even if we do this, though, I still think it a good idea for a CFCJ to
> be able to remove a player from an Organization. ]}}
> 
> Amend Rule 710, "Criminal Justice", as follows:
> 
> Add to section 5) a clause g), with the following text(delimited by
> HEATHEN):
> 
> HEATHEN
> 
> g) the REMOVAL of Player X from one or more Organizations to which e
> currently belongs.
> 
> HEATHEN
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 01:24:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Senate IP

I am publicly voting:

AGAINST the Impeachment of /dev/joe
AGAINST the Impeachment of Vynd
AGAINST the Impeachment of ThinMan
AGAINST the Impeachment of Robert Sevin

Sorry, folks, but 411.1 is a BAD RULE. Large-scale changes to the
Ruleset should NOT happen without the participation of a majority of
the players. Yes, we have exceptions like Beldin's Pants, but that is
relatively constrained. Senate Resolutions permit nearly unlimited
modifications to occur in a matter of minutes, and without the
agreement (implicit or otherwise) of most of the members of Ackanomic.

In my opinion, what would have been worse than SR 101 is if this rule
remained untested, and then later on down the road was used to fix
something that was perceived at the time as being an emergency, only
to break something else by accident. It wouldn't be hard to do, and
then we wouldn't even have someone else to blame for it.

Please note that I'm not condoning the Senate's actions, but I'm glad
they did this rather than let people think that 411.1 is a safe
rule. Having them Impeached is shooting the messenger.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 00:56:35 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Senate IP 

>Please note that I'm not condoning the Senate's actions, but I'm glad
>they did this rather than let people think that 411.1 is a safe
>rule. Having them Impeached is shooting the messenger.

I disagree.  This rule was proposed by a senator, and a plan was enacted by
senators to abuse it.  By granting the senate this sort of power I (and
maybe others) felt there was an implicit agreement not to abuse it, just as
there was in the speaker/president crisis fix deal.

You can't tell me that the senate was pointing out the flaw in a rule *they
themselves supported* as a favor to ackanomic.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 02:55:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Senate IP

>> Please note that I'm not condoning the Senate's actions, but I'm glad
>> they did this rather than let people think that 411.1 is a safe
>> rule. Having them Impeached is shooting the messenger.
> 
> I disagree.  This rule was proposed by a senator, and a plan was
> enacted by senators to abuse it.  By granting the senate this sort
> of power I (and maybe others) felt there was an implicit agreement
> not to abuse it, just as there was in the speaker/president crisis
> fix deal.

That's not my point. It's not a bad rule just because it can be
abused. It's a bad rule because it can do a great deal of damage by a
small number of people with only the best of intentions.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:57:07 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Secret Lab

I am announcing the attempt to perform this action:

Vulcan builds a Spell Book of Chorg in its secret lab.

I am supporting this action.
If the other members of Vulcan support this before the end of the day,
it will happen in July. :-)

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:58:59 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Vacation

If it is possible for me to do so, I am voting in favor of the
Senate Resolution "Concerning the Senate" authored by Malenkai.

I am going on vacation now with an expected duration of 5 days.
(I may be back sooner.)

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:36:26 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Secret Lab

> Vulcan builds a Spell Book of Chorg in its secret lab.
> 
> I am supporting this action.
> If the other members of Vulcan support this before the end of the day,

I support this action.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:14:09 -0600 
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Public Apology

>> > > This is Silver Moon material.
>> > 
>> > Yes, but so is the description of how to remove Beldin's Pants, not to
>> > mention the Blueprint for the BWG Laser.  IMHO, at least.

>Do we have such nominations going on now?
>Niccolo Flychuck

No, no.  This is just a mnemonic for later on when such things may actually
happen.  Then we can just go scan through our email archives to find out
what stuff we thought might be worthy.

- --
- --Alfvaen (Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen)
Current Album--Def Leppard:Hysteria
Current Book--Dick Francis:Risk
Lead me in with a count of seventeen, Mr. Stapleton, then wave your baton!'

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:18:53 -0600 
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Senate Resolution

>For too long the citizens of Ackanomic have ignored my warnings about the
>dangers of the flawed Senate rules, now they too see the light.

>The Church of Odo on the Wormhole adds its support to the Rebelion.

Your support is gratefully accepted.  All you need to do now is make it
Church Policy for everyone to join up.  :-)

>Strong mesasures should be taken against the Vulcan Party, their current
>actions tarnish the name of the Partyof which I was a founding member.

Any suggestions?  There isn't much in the Rules to deal with Parties, as
far as I can tell.  And the question is whether or not we can get Proposals
through to fix any problems, if they can SR them out of existence.  But we
can at least use up their Bonus Votes by submitting over and over again(hang
the point cost), and maybe they'll get tired and give in.  I encourage
any Rebellion member or supporter thereof to submit their own anti-SR
Proposals, even just copies of my own(the amended copy of "Checks &
Balances" would be best, with the precedence issues addressed).  As far as I
know, it's not a Crime to submit _someone else's_ Proposal that's currently
in the queue...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Album--Def Leppard:Hysteria
Current Book--Dick Francis:Risk
Fruit juice everywhere, not one drop to fill me

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:22:13 -0600 
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2267

>If it were phrased to give this power to the Founder in absence of Church
>Policy on the matter, like other parts of the rule, then I might have
>supported it. Not in its present form thought.
>Founders are only dictators by default, and their presence is the life
>blood of the Church.

It never made sense to me that the ability of Church Founders to ordain
Priests could never be transferred, either.  If one thing is beyond the
sway of Church Policy, why not others?  I'd rather see them both go away,
but Excommunication seems just as serious a responsibility as Ordination,
to me...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Album--Def Leppard:Hysteria
Current Book--Dick Francis:Risk
'My name is Inigo Montoya.  You stole my .sig quote.  Prepare to die.'

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:27:48 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Secret Lab

/dev/joe wrote:

> I am announcing the attempt to perform this action:
> 
> Vulcan builds a Spell Book of Chorg in its secret lab.
> 
I support this action.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:31:54 -0600 
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Senate IP

>>Please note that I'm not condoning the Senate's actions, but I'm glad
>>they did this rather than let people think that 411.1 is a safe
>>rule. Having them Impeached is shooting the messenger.

>I disagree.  This rule was proposed by a senator, and a plan was enacted by
>senators to abuse it.  By granting the senate this sort of power I (and
>maybe others) felt there was an implicit agreement not to abuse it, just as
>there was in the speaker/president crisis fix deal.

>You can't tell me that the senate was pointing out the flaw in a rule *they
>themselves supported* as a favor to ackanomic.

I agree with Mr. Lunatic Fringe here.  ThinMan proposed the Rule, they used
Malenkai-obtained Bonus Votes to ensure its passage, and /dev/joe submitted
the Resolution for the Coup to take place.  The fact that many players
voted for it, apparently naively trusting the Senate to not abuse their
power, should make the participants ashamed of themselves.  (And, of course,
we should have been ashamed to have all apparently missed the lack of
safeguards against self-amendment, and not brought this to everyone's
attention before the thing actually passed.)

It has become clear that the culprits were really the Vulcan party, which
now has an unhealthy concentration of power, and will have more if SR 102
passes(which, even if Malenkai's single vote did not do it, will still
probably pass even if Vynd and Robert Sevin vote against it, since he will
still have a tiebreaker).  And the Church of Seleya, with its obvious
ties to the Vulcan party, must be looked upon with suspicion as well.

I call upon the denizens of Ackanomic!  The Rebellion stands ready!  The
Churches of Odo on the Wormhole and Azpiazu have given us their support!
I call upon the Church of the Markovian Dream, and the parties of Harf,
Metamorph, and (None Yet) to take a unified front against Rule 411.1, and
the Vulcan Party!

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Album--Def Leppard:Hysteria
Current Book--Dick Francis:Risk
The reader of this tagline only exists while reading me.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 18:18:51 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka:  CFJ439 (among other things)

OK,  so it looks like I'll never be Acka's Ambassador to Internomic.  At
least I still have my seat on the PCI bus.

On a totally different front,  up till now I have refrained from joining
any Churches,  Political Parties or associations,  mostly because I like
being something of a lone wolf,  but also because Acka produces enough
mail for me as it is.  However,  without the burden of having to read
through all those Proposals,  and not having to worry about judging a
CFJ,  I think I would like to change that.  I believe I have now been
with Acka at least a year (and even if I'm a little short,  I think I
qualify in other ways) so I would like to request membership in TMBSG.  I
freely admit I know nothing of TMBG,  but according to most poll results
indicating Players' taste in literature and music,  I probably wouldn't
scream in agony if I heard them.

Voting metroGnome

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 18:19:08 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: TSMBG

I support Voting Gnome's membership im TMSBG.  I have no idea
if this message affects the game state in any way.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:28:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: TSMBG

> I support Voting Gnome's membership im TMSBG.  I have no idea
> if this message affects the game state in any way.

Ditto on both counts.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 19:26:21 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka:  Leaving

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC9DE7.A308CB40
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Jason Orendorff [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Wednesday, July 30, 1997 4:23 PM
To:	Ackanomic
Subject:	Acka:  Leaving

I am now dead certain I will be leaving the game soon.

I don't know how to explain this but I've had a few very bad days
since I last logged in, and I'm so... I dunno, heartbroken, that it's
hard for anything to hold my attention.

I hereby resign the Presidency.

I have too much mail.  I don't want to read any of it.  In three days,
I will leave the game and unsubscribe all the mailing lists.  Any time
before or thereafter, I'll be happy to mail the bot programming and
game state to whoever wants it.  If you want me to read something, tag
it with CHAOS (all-caps) in the Subject line or send it without
"Acka:" and I'll get it.

The bot has been down for 48 hours or so because I meant to fix it and
never got around to it.

I'm really sorry.

- -- 
Chaos
not so hot after all :)
All this misery for a free lunch, there are better ways, btw how's the tattoo? Any comments or suggestions would be GA
- - karma sad to see u go

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC9DE7.A308CB40
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC9DE7.A308CB40--

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:38:45 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka

gfghfgit is thursday and the third one of the month and I am chewing the gumball
- -karmahhghghhjgghghh

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 02:11:53 +0100
From: "Gavin Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: trinket creations

OK, I sent this to the wrong list the first time. Here goes, with
apologies...

#transfer RexBank, Rex Mundi: 40 A$.
Approved by me.

#award Rex Mundi: -10 A$: trinket creation - I Opposed P2241 #1
#award Rex Mundi: -10 A$: trinket creation - I Opposed P2241 #2
#award Rex Mundi: -10 A$: trinket creation - I Opposed P2241 #3
#award Rex Mundi: -10 A$: trinket creation - I Opposed P2241 #4

I am creating four trinkets called "I Opposed P2241", numbers 1 to 4, and
worth 10 A$ each.

Each of these is a small black cylinder which fits in one hand. On the side
is a switch which when switched causes a beam of light about 3 feet long to
extrude from the end. They make a humming noise, which is louder when they
are swung through the air. They also play loud, dramatic music whenever
someone holds one of them and shouts "You're not my father!".

I am giving one of these to each of the players who voted against Proposal
2241, Senate Resolutions (that's me, breadbox, and Guy Fawkes), and one to
Robert Sevin.

#transfer Rex Mundi, breadbox: I Opposed P2241 #2
#transfer Rex Mundi, Guy Fawkes: I Opposed P2241 #3
#transfer Rex Mundi, Robert Sevin: I Opposed P2241 #4.

I am also shouting "You're not my father!" for 2 minutes per head, while
holding I Opposed P2241 #1.
 
Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:23:32 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  CFJ439 (among other things) 

>OK,  so it looks like I'll never be Acka's Ambassador to Internomic.  At
>least I still have my seat on the PCI bus.

I would happily submit a proposal allowing you to become ambassador.  I
will even include proposal magic {{like this}} to make you the ambassador,
should our current one not object.

>On a totally different front,  up till now I have refrained from joining
>any Churches,  Political Parties or associations,  mostly because I like
>being something of a lone wolf,  but also because Acka produces enough
>mail for me as it is.  However,  without the burden of having to read
>through all those Proposals,  and not having to worry about judging a
>CFJ,  I think I would like to change that.  I believe I have now been
>with Acka at least a year (and even if I'm a little short,  I think I
>qualify in other ways) so I would like to request membership in TMBSG.  I
>freely admit I know nothing of TMBG,  but according to most poll results
>indicating Players' taste in literature and music,  I probably wouldn't
>scream in agony if I heard them.

I support VG's induction into TMBSG

Mr. Lunatic Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:30:17 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka

Tis' the 3rd thurs. of july I am chewing the gumball

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:37:34 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re acka

I wish to purchase a prosthetic forehead please let me know if one will sell one to me?
- - Karma

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:43:02 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka prop. and bot

I am getting server errors on both the bot and the current proposals is this the same for all?
- -Karma

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 22:34:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Senate IP

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Brian Raiter wrote:

> I am publicly voting:
> 
> AGAINST the Impeachment of /dev/joe
> AGAINST the Impeachment of Vynd
> AGAINST the Impeachment of ThinMan
> AGAINST the Impeachment of Robert Sevin
> 
> Sorry, folks, but 411.1 is a BAD RULE. Large-scale changes to the
> Ruleset should NOT happen without the participation of a majority of
> the players. Yes, we have exceptions like Beldin's Pants, but that is
> relatively constrained. Senate Resolutions permit nearly unlimited
> modifications to occur in a matter of minutes, and without the
> agreement (implicit or otherwise) of most of the members of Ackanomic.

Well, I guess this as as good a time as any for me to say my piece.  First
of, things have gotten somewhat out of hand in my opinion.  My hands, that
is, I was OK with things so long as I had some control =)  In all
seriousness though we've gone quickly from a very unpalatable situation to
one that is nearly intolerable.

I was quite suprised the Senate resolutions rule passed.  I voted present,
because, well, because I'm on the Senate, that's why, did you seriously
expect me to vote no on near unlimited power for myself?  In the real
world ethics might constrain me, but in Acka, well I don't think we've
deliniated ethics in the rules yet....

Now, once the rule actually passed, I spent a feverish hour or so trying
to figure out exactly how I could use it to win a cycle or 10.  As you
might ahve guessed, I didn't come up with anything that I could pull off
without, say, two other certain players helping me.  I came close though,
and depending on how my CFj gets ruled, well, lets just say I'll be
hitting myself repeatedly if it gets ruled false.

Now, Senate resolution 101 I voted for for amny of the same reasons I
mentioned above, but I also honestly didn't want to spoil things for
everyone else by voting no, either.  Things have been kind of slow lately,
I figured it might be fun to see what dev/joe and Thinman had in mind.

Senate resolution 102 (not that they're actually numbered like this
anywhere officialy) looks like it is probably what they had in mind, and
it loooks like I was wrong, it's not much fun.  I honestly think it didn't
work, my CFJ may not be invincibly correct but I do believe it's true.  If
it did work, well, I can only hope Malenkai and the rest show some
restraint, judging by their long histories in Acka I think we can feel
fairly safe that they won't just close things down and send us home, but
we might end up picking cotton out in the fields for them or something...

Alfvaen said something about this being their plan for months.  I doubt
that.  I think all the recent talk about how unconstrainted the Senate is,
etc inspired them, and the Bonus Vote scamming is just something they
scamed because they could. =)

In any case, while I still think we (I) could ahve fun with this Senate
Resolutions thing, I will reluctantly devote myself to getting rid of it
now, before we really break something hard.

                                - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 22:36:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Vacation

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> If it is possible for me to do so, I am voting in favor of the
> Senate Resolution "Concerning the Senate" authored by Malenkai.
> 
> I am going on vacation now with an expected duration of 5 days.
> (I may be back sooner.)
> 
> /dev/joe

It is almost certainly impossible to vote on it now.  Just to cover my
bases, however, I am voting against "Concerning the Senate"

                             - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 22:42:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Senate IP

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:
> 
> It has become clear that the culprits were really the Vulcan party, which
> now has an unhealthy concentration of power, and will have more if SR 102
> passes(which, even if Malenkai's single vote did not do it, will still
> probably pass even if Vynd and Robert Sevin vote against it, since he will
> still have a tiebreaker).  And the Church of Seleya, with its obvious
> ties to the Vulcan party, must be looked upon with suspicion as well.
> 
> I call upon the denizens of Ackanomic!  The Rebellion stands ready!  The
> Churches of Odo on the Wormhole and Azpiazu have given us their support!
> I call upon the Church of the Markovian Dream, and the parties of Harf,
> Metamorph, and (None Yet) to take a unified front against Rule 411.1, and
> the Vulcan Party!

I wuldn't worry about the Senate voting on SR 102.  Of all the loopholes
malenkai exloited in trying to pass it by himself, the one which allowed
him to end the voting period prematurely is the clearest.  GF and I even
ahd a little chat about it here on the main list a week or two back, when
the buisness with my vote change on one of the Internomic proposals came
up.  The voting period is over, no further votes will be counted unless
essentially everyone was off bae on this sucker.  I do encourage all
Senators to vote agianst it just in case.

                              - Vynd

[email-masked]

> 
> 
> --
> --Alfvaen(Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
> Current Album--Def Leppard:Hysteria
> Current Book--Dick Francis:Risk
> The reader of this tagline only exists while reading me.
> 
> 

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #225
*******************************