Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #209
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Sunday, July 20 1997         Volume 02 : Number 209

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 21:35:38 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Duel 

Has malenkai made a play in the Duel between him and myself?

Mr. Lunatic Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 10:25:45 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2243

> Proposal 2243
> If It Ain't Broke...

> Amend Rule 595, "Gadgets", as follows:
> 
> Delete the existing clause (vi).

I think this proposal will toast all blueprints, or some of them anyway.
Clause (vi) says:

> (vi) A Gadget may create, destroy, or manipulate a Protected entity if 
> its Blueprint so specifies. [So, Gadgets can affect other Gadgets, 
> create points, and so on, as long as this behaviour does not conflict
> with the Rules.] 

Clause 6 is what gives blueprints the force of rules.  Were it not here,
any blueprint that operated on entities would be in violation of the
rules, because the manipulation would not be described in the rules.
In other words, clause 6 gives "described in the rules force" to blueprints,
and without it, they are toast.  I agree we do not need the word
"protected", but we cannot throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Hopefully
Aflvaen will retract, otherwise vote no.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 10:38:50 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 438 (mr cwm)

mr cwm has been selected.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 438
  Subject: Treasure
Initiator: Alfvaen
    Judge: mr cwm (selected Jul 20, 1997, 10:38h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

If a Map Writer or Map Custodian believes the conditions of a Treasure Map
to be fulfilled, and declares the Map to be destroyed and the Treasure to
be found, and later on discovers that the conditions were not in fact
fulfilled, then the Treasure should be considered to not have been
found, nor the Treasure Map destroyed.

Alfvaen's Reasoning:

I'm not sure whether this is covered by Rule 1217 or not.  It does not
state any truly rigorous game requirements that a Map's conditions be
satisfied validly; I don't believe that it is necessarily a Crime, for
instance, to mistakenly destroy a Treasure Map.  Since the language of
Treasure Maps is often not "legalese", it is left up to the Map Writer
or Custodian to determine whether the conditions have been met.  Can e
change eir mind?

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 10:42:56 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 434 Verdict

CFJ 434 has been judged TRUE.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 434
  Subject: Private E-mail
Initiator: Alfvaen
    Judge: Vynd (selected Jul 15, 1997, 20:21h EDT)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

If a CFCJ is made against the Mad Scientist alleging that e distributed a
Frankenstein Part through private email or by some other non-public means,
a Judge cannot necessary rule on it with finality.

Alfvaen's Reasoning:

What this rests on is the privacy of the medium.  I feel that it is
impossible to legislate all possible non-public means of sharing
information.  Furthermore, for most such methods there is little or no
evidence that the sharing took place.  A private email message can always
be forwarded to the Judge, of course, but there is no assurance of
authenticity without a PGP signature, since such a document could
theoretically be forged.

In the specific case of Frankenstein Parts, it may seem evident that once
the final Blueprint can be consulted, it should be evident whether or not
the Part could have been knowable by the player without them having
received a private email from the Mad Scientist; but the possibility of a
lucky guess cannot be ruled out.

This verdict should also apply to judgements on other knowledge which is
forbidden to be distributed, such as the Truth of the Machine.  (And
possibly Church Policy, but that's probably another kettle of fish
entirely.)

Vynd's Reasoning:

I judge this to be TRUE.  Alfvaen's reasoning is quite sound, I think.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 10:44:54 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 436 Verdict

CFJ 436 has been judged TRUE.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 436
  Subject: Pulse Entities
Initiator: Alfvaen
    Judge: Dread Pirate Roberts (declined)
2nd Judge: Vynd (selected Jul 17, 1997, 22:13h EDT)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

The Entity called the Pulse Shovel, owned by two-star, is not a Trinket.

Alfvaen's Reasoning:

This Entity was created by self-deleting text in Proposal 2196 by two-star,
which was "two-star is ambushed by Thargoids, loses one point, and all
his gaol house rock shovels are converted into pulse shovels".  This was
an obvious emulation of the original text of "More Blatant Elitism".

So what happened with "More Blatant Elitism"?  "Military lasers", a
Trinket, was transformed into a "Pulse Laser", a gadget.  So obviously game
custom dictates that changing a Trinket(or class of Trinkets)with a
particular name into some Entity with another name does not necessarily
create a Trinket with that name.

Furthermore, how would this Trinket be created?  It would have be by
a Rule, since two-star did not personally create a Trinket called
"Pulse Shovel".  Rule 506 states "Other rules may also create and
bestow ownership of Trinkets, so long as the rule provides for naming,
describing, and valuing the Trinket."  I do not believe that the
self-deleting text in Proposal 2196 satisfies those conditions, even if
we are to assume that a Trinket is being created by it(which is nowhere
stated), since it does not provide for describing or valuing the Trinket.
(Unless it is assumed that the value and description of "Gaol House Rock
Shovel" is to be carried over, which I do not believe there is sufficient
precedent for.)

Thus all that two-star has in his position is a miscellaneous, nontradeable
entity named "Pulse Shovel".  It is not a Trinket, or a Gadget, or even a
Majik.  It has no function, and if it were given one(except possibly by
creation of a Blueprint)he would be guilty of Patent Infringement.  Good
luck getting rid of it.

Vynd's Reasoning:

In game custom, it seems to me that when the rules call for something to
be created and do not specify exactly what it is, then it is assumed to be
an entity, and nothing more specific than that.  Did Proposal 2196 in fact
create the pulse shovel by converting the gaol house shovel?  I believe
that it did.  Conversion, as it is generaly used, indicates a major
change, or a replacement of one thing with another.  It is not usually
used to mean rename.  The actual Rules ahve little to say on this matter.
Rules 506 and 511 do, however, provide examples of trinkets being
transformed into non-trinkets, which shows that such a thing is at least
legal.  Thus I rule this CFJ TRUE.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 11:18:08 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 434 Appeal

> CFJ 434 has been judged TRUE.

> Statement:
> 
> If a CFCJ is made against the Mad Scientist alleging that e distributed a
> Frankenstein Part through private email or by some other non-public means,
> a Judge cannot necessary rule on it with finality.

CFJ 434 has been appealed.

Malenkai's Appeal Reasoning:

As much as I'd like to see the verdict upheld, I do not think game custom
supports the verdict delivered.  I think that game custom is wrong, but
its here, and if it has changed, upholding this appeal will strengthen
that change.

CFJ 228 established that a Judge can use [what I call] "whim" in reaching
a decision.  I'm not saying that's the right word, and there may be
a better word, but in my mind CFJ 228 affirmed game custom that a Judge
can choose any of our 4 verdicts of TRUE, FALSE, UNDECIDED, and INVALID,
as needed.

In the case of the specific statement brought by the initiator, and based
on the fact that CFJ 228 establised that there are is not a rigorous,
mechanical, non-human-decision involved judgement process, the Judge
can *always* say UNDECIDED or INVALID.  They can also say one of the
normal verdicts if they cannot *prove* or *disprove* the assertion 
because the private e-mail evidence necessary is unavailable.  The acka
justice system is based on the burden of proof of the judge, and if,
for whatever reason, a judge cannot prove an asserion TRUE or FALSE,
they will have no problem delivering one of the other verdicts.

Its easy for the Court to uphold the appeal based on the word "necessary"
(which I believe should be "necessarily") in the statement; ie, the Judge
may be in Gaol, drunk, or there may be a rule that says all Judges may not
rule with finality (ie, a bug in the rules, or a weird change to the
rules because of a Frobnotzer, etc).  I would be disappointed if such
were the reasoning of any upholding of the appeal, and ask the Court to
examine the *intent* of the statement -- "Because of indeterminacy of
information or the Judgement process, a Judge sometimes cannot deliver
a verdict".  This statement is FALSE as Acka is currently played, unless
this CFJ is changing that custom.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 11:23:33 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 424 Verdict

CFJ 424 has been judged FALSE.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 424
  Subject: Conventional English Morphology I
Initiator: breadbox
    Judge: two-star (selected Jul 10, 1997, 22:26h EDT)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement:

The trinket "Bug Bashing Implement", created by breadbox, is a
Forgery.

breadbox's Reasoning:

Bash is the name of a former player. The real question is whether or
not the "-ing" form of a verb constitutes a "conventional English
morphological change" as described by Rule 506.

two-star's Reasoning:

Names, as names, are nouns, even if a word that is normally a verb is
chosen as a name. Verbing a noun is not a conventional English
morphological change.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 11:29:08 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 425 Verdict

CFJ 425 has been judged FALSE.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 425
  Subject: Conventional English Morphology II
Initiator: breadbox
    Judge: two-star (selected Jul 10, 1997, 22:29h EDT)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement:

The trinket "Mister Cwm's Bench", created by breadbox, is a Forgery.

breadbox's Reasoning:

mr cwm is the name of a player. The real question is whether the full
spelling of "mr" constitutes a "conventional English morphological
change" as described by Rule 506.

two-star's Reasoning:

using /dev/joe's reasoning on CFJ 426, this does not seem to be a
morphological change.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 11:41:33 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: End of Cycle

I don't really have time to do it either today, and its the
Financier's job anyway.  This is what happens:

b-d) at the end of the day, the players mentioned, and no
others, have the entities mentioned:

Chartreuse Goose Egg - Lipid               
Chartreuse Goose Egg - Dread Pirate Roberts
Chartreuse Goose Egg - Ace Rimmer
Right Handed Grapefruit - Malenkai
+Badge of Glory - Malenkai

All others lose their Chartreuse Goose Eggs.

e) There *is* a tax, according to /dev/joe.  The Financier should
figure out the ammounts.

Malenkai loses 10% of his Ackadollars
Everyone else loses 20%

f) Players receive end of cycle bonuses based their score, which
has been published by /dev/joe.  I don't have the time or the editor
or the sed to quickly blast out #award lines, the Financier can do
that.

g-i) Scores are reset to 0, and bonds are based as if previous scores
are 0.

j) Joon is removed from the game as if e quit.  If e was never active,
it is as if e never joined the game.

k) Rule 603 is amended to change the magic number's base value to 239.

l) Increment cycle to 16, set mn to 239.

m) All players (no one) are released from Gaol.

n) No multiple win crash

o) Calvin N Hobbes becomes the Archaeologist, there is no Commission
d'Arts.

Malenkai
Speaker
preparing for house guests

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 11:56:22 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: CFJ 435 (Karma) Judgement 

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Malenkai [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Tuesday, July 15, 1997 8:24 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Acka: CFJ 435 (Karma)

Karma has been picked.
Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 435
  Subject:	Otzma my income
Initiator:	/dev/joe
    Judge:	Karma (selected Jul 15, 1997, 20:24h EDT)
Judgement:false
Statement:Vynd's use of the otzma card was legal because it was played 
according to the rules (rule 1250.7 below) , in a public forum.
 however It is true the only income dev/joe received in the past three days 
was the conversion of the trinket so the only A($) vynd would be entitled 
to would be no more than half of the value of the trinket.
Vynd's use of an Otzma Card Share your income on /dev/joe for A$400 on July 
14 was not in accordance with the rules.
/dev/joe's Reasoning:
This depends on the definition of "receives".
R1250.7 says:
An Otzma Card of this type can only be played in the public forum.  When a 
player plays this a Card of this type e also names another player, and a 
sum of money which is at most half of a sum the named player received in 
the preceding three days.
The only change in the A$ /dev/joe owned in the three days preceding the 
otzma card usage was the conversion of a trinket to A$.  Remember that 
trinket creation and destruction is the only normal event which actually 
changes A$ into other entities (or vice versa) instead of paying the A$ 
into or taking them from the treasury.  R506 says:
The owner of a Trinket may transform it into its value in A$ by publically 
announcing they are doing so. This action destroys the Trinket, creating A$ 
in its stead, and it upsets the art and antiquities communities.
If anybody has any Go Fish Otzma Cards for sale, I am interested in buying 
them, regardless of the outcome of this CFJ.
I accept wholeheartedly This is definitely cthliuluiuli (slap) whatever 
that heinous new crime is.
- -karma

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 12:08:08 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: CFJ 432 (Karma)Judgement

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Malenkai [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Tuesday, July 15, 1997 8:14 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Acka: CFJ 432 (Karma)

Karma has been chosen.
Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 432
  Subject:	The Trouble with Lushrike
Initiator:	Alfvaen
    Judge:	Karma (selected Jul 15, 1997, 20:14h EDT)
Judgement:invalid
Statement:This was a consequence where the transfer of a title "Mad 
Scientist" took place between the uncompleted task of creating a 
frankenstein monster after studying the rule 597 I cannot find anything 
that would allow for the transfer, nor can I see anything that would let 
the former "Mad scientist" who seized being "Mad Scientist" view the BUC 
for as stated no one may see it except the "Mad Scientist"
Alfvaen must add to the Blueprint-Under-Construction for Lushrike any parts 
submitted to Vynd while Vynd was Acting Mad Scientist.
Alfvaen's Reasoning:
Heck, I have no idea.  If I knew, I probably wouldn't be submitting this. 
 For instance, Rule 597 says "The Mad Scientist must attach all parts to 
the Blueprint-Under-Construction".  Can Vynd do that if I've got the only 
copy of the BUC(which I'm fairly sure I can't show to him, because it's 
illegal)?

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 12:33:34 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Seleya

Seleya gives A$1108 to Malenkai and A$844 to /dev/joe.

/dev/joe
Founder

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 16:41:44 EDT 
From: [email-masked] (Ed  Graham)
Subject: Acka:  Auction

I now bid A$27 on OCID 136

Voting Gnome

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:22:44 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 435 Verdict

CFJ 435 has been judged FALSE.

I hope I extracted the reasoning correctly; the Judge's e-mail is
still difficult for me to read, and I feel I may miss stuff.
BTW, can you take another crack at getting the uuencode
and all the headers out of the mail, and quoting the message you
are replying to so its clearer what is your text, and what is the
quoted text.  Thx.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 435
  Subject: Otzma my income
Initiator: /dev/joe
    Judge: Karma (selected Jul 15, 1997, 20:24h EDT)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement:
  
Vynd's use of an Otzma Card Share your income on /dev/joe for A$400 on
July 14 was not in accordance with the rules.

/dev/joe's Reasoning:
  
This depends on the definition of "receives".

R1250.7 says:

    An Otzma Card of this type can only be played in the public forum.
    When a player plays this a Card of this type e also names another player,
    and a sum of money which is at most half of a sum the named player
    received in the preceding three days.

The only change in the A$ /dev/joe owned in the three days preceding the
otzma card usage was the conversion of a trinket to A$.  Remember that
trinket creation and destruction is the only normal event which actually
changes A$ into other entities (or vice versa) instead of paying the A$
into or taking them from the treasury.  R506 says:

    The owner of a Trinket may transform it into its value in A$ by
    publically announcing they are doing so. This action destroys the
    Trinket, creating A$ in its stead, and it upsets the art and
    antiquities communities.

If anybody has any Go Fish Otzma Cards for sale, I am interested in
buying them, regardless of the outcome of this CFJ.

Karma's Reasoning:

Vynd's use of the otzma card was legal because it was played
according to the rules (rule 1250.7 below) , in a public forum.
 however It is true the only income dev/joe received in the past three days
was the conversion of the trinket so the only A($) vynd would be entitled
to would be no more than half of the value of the trinket.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 16:32:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: End of Cycle

> j) Joon is removed from the game as if e quit.  If e was never
> active, it is as if e never joined the game.

Joon joined as a Non-voting player. A Non-voting player is never
Active or Pending, so I believe e is removed as if e quit.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:37:28 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 432 Verdict

CFJ 432 has been judged INVALID

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 432
  Subject: The Trouble with Lushrike
Initiator: Alfvaen
    Judge: Karma (selected Jul 15, 1997, 20:14h EDT)
Judgement: INVALID

Statement:

Alfvaen must add to the Blueprint-Under-Construction for Lushrike any parts
submitted to Vynd while Vynd was Acting Mad Scientist.

Alfvaen's Reasoning:

Heck, I have no idea.  If I knew, I probably wouldn't be submitting this.
For instance, Rule 597 says "The Mad Scientist must attach all parts to the
Blueprint-Under-Construction".  Can Vynd do that if I've got the only copy
of the BUC(which I'm fairly sure I can't show to him, because it's
illegal)?

Karma's Reasoning:

This was a consequence where the transfer of a title "Mad
Scientist" took place between the uncompleted task of creating a
frankenstein monster after studying the rule 597 I cannot find anything
that would allow for the transfer, nor can I see anything that would let
the former "Mad scientist" who seized being "Mad Scientist" view the BUC
for as stated no one may see it except the "Mad Scientist"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:44:54 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 437 (Karma)

MFL declined; this has been reassigned to Karma.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 437
  Subject: Similarity II
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: Mr Lunatic Fringe (declined)
    Judge: Karma (selected Jul 20, 1997, 19:44h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

It cannot be determined with finality whether the Church of Seleya is
eligible for a Seat in the Synod.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

This is not a PWCFJ, although it could easily be reworded to be.  Its
the situations, and not the wins, that I find intersting, and by making
winning *not* an outcome, the air can be cleared.  This is just for
fun.

Rule 1303, section 10b, says:

> b. A Church is not eligible for a Seat in the Synod if the total M
> Similarities with all the Churches which are members of the Synod is
> equal to or greater than 80.

CFJ 429 established that self-similarity was undefined.  This rule
establishes eligibility based on, in part, a test that involved calculation
of self-similarity.  Thus the eligibilty cannot be determined with
finality.  What than means, I'll leave to someone else to decide.

Note that none of the other churches, indeed any church, is eligible
either.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:51:55 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 140 (two-star)

two-star has been picked.

Clerk of the Courts
- -----------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Criminal Judgement 140
  Subject: Malpractice
Initiator: Mr. Lunatic Fringe
    Judge: two-star (selected Jul 20, 1997, 19:51h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

Mr. Lunatic Fringe has commited a crime.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe's reasoning:

On June 26th, the senate reached a decision on the matter of internoic
proposal 342.  I, mistakenly, believed that the senate had not reached a
decision, and was acting under that impression when I abstained while
casting Ackanomic's vote in internomic.  If that isn't the crime of
malpractice, I don't know what is.

Suggested Penalty:

A puplic apology not to exceed 92,000 lines of text.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:31:48 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2243

> > Proposal 2243
> > If It Ain't Broke...
> 
> > Amend Rule 595, "Gadgets", as follows:
> > 
> > Delete the existing clause (vi).
> 
> I think this proposal will toast all blueprints, or some of them anyway.
> Clause (vi) says:
> 
> > (vi) A Gadget may create, destroy, or manipulate a Protected entity if 
> > its Blueprint so specifies. [So, Gadgets can affect other Gadgets, 
> > create points, and so on, as long as this behaviour does not conflict
> > with the Rules.] 
> 
> Clause 6 is what gives blueprints the force of rules.  Were it not here,
> any blueprint that operated on entities would be in violation of the
> rules, because the manipulation would not be described in the rules.
> In other words, clause 6 gives "described in the rules force" to blueprints,
> and without it, they are toast.  I agree we do not need the word
> "protected", but we cannot throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Hopefully
> Aflvaen will retract, otherwise vote no.

The word "protected" occurs a few times in the Rules; let's see where.

Rule 501, "Extranomic Entities", states that "imported" entities may not
perform protected actions.  There's the existing line in Rule 595.  Rule
841, "Towers", says "Towers may not manipulate protected entities or
perform protected actions except where specified by the rules".  Rule 921
says something about the Amber Banana Tree being protected from Acid Rain
by the Bronze Umbrella.  Rule 1131 specifies how Rules can be protected
(lower-case)with Earth Defense Missiles.  Rule 1301 specifies that
"Church, Church membership, Foundership, Priesthood, and Church Dogma are
Protected."  Rule 1326 states that "The official science fiction television
serial is Protected."  And Rule 1240.1 says "Otzma Cards are Protected".

Well, this does look serious.  Those Gadgets that allow any player to
become the Founder of a Church, or operate on Otzma Cards, will no longer
function.

"Protected" is no longer a word with any force in the Rules, as far as I
can tell.  I will not retract my proposal on this grounds, nor do I think
that players should necessarily vote no on it, because I do not believe it
will break any existing Gadget.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--John Denver:Greatest Hits Vol. 2
Current Book--Robert Jordan:The Dragon Reborn
I've got a love and it won't stop burning

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:33:44 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Seleya

> Seleya gives A$1108 to Malenkai and A$844 to /dev/joe.

Now would be a good time for End of Cycle.  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--John Denver:Greatest Hits Vol. 2
Current Book--Robert Jordan:The Dragon Reborn
"Belinda's being all, you know."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 21:37:07 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2243

> "Protected" is no longer a word with any force in the Rules, as far as I
> can tell.  I will not retract my proposal on this grounds, nor do I think
> that players should necessarily vote no on it, because I do not believe it
> will break any existing Gadget.

This has *nothing* to do with the word "protected", it has to do with the
*rest* of clause (vi).  All blueprints which affect the game state will
be destroyed if clause (vi) is removed -- clause (vi) is what gives 
blueprints (and gadgets) the authority to affect the game state.
That is acka's choice, but I find gadgets and blueprints fun, and see
no reason to eliminate them.

Malenkai

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #209
*******************************