Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #182
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Monday, July 7 1997         Volume 02 : Number 182

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 21:17:31 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka : chess - Pawn Hearing 

I vote in favor of keeping promotion.  BTW, I replied to the list beacuase
I wansn't sure if this was a specific case of hearings in which the Chess
umpire was supposed to tally votes (a "chess hearing") or whether Count
Tabula is supposed to tally the votes.  My apologies for any inconveniences.

Mr

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 21:46:13 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Repeals 

> Also, vote
>no on repeal of {{ }}; everyone uses them and they are much less work
>than the alternatives.

Hehe, yeah, but it was also much simpler to understand before we introduced
something with their power to Ackanomic :)

Fringe (no more no less)(

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 00:07:01 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Ping

Today is Monday, the 7th day of July, in the Year of Our Lord
1997, and the Machine That Goes *ping* Has Gone *ping* today.  Since I
have been Scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 9 times.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 05:45:11 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Beldin's Pants

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Aaron Humphrey [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Sunday, July 06, 1997 8:28 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Re: Acka: Beldin's Pants

> > The Beldin's Pants rule has eaten the 'Bascule's vacation lunchbag'.
>
> This is wrong.  /dev/joe pointed out to me that it was donated after
> 12:00 on Thurs.  The 'loophole surfboard' is eaten instead.
>
> #award museum : -1 loophole surfboard

Darn, and I was waiting for an "Art Thief" card to snag that one...:-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Tommy Tuton:867-5309(Jenny)
Current Book--Dan Simmons:Hyperion
I laughed, I cried, it was a Mecca of emotion.

I am making three exact clones of 'Bascule's Vacation lunchbag" trinkets at 
A($)5  so 3 x A($)5 for a total of 15A($) to ensure that his memory remains 
strong in all of us. I donate 2 of them to our beautiful museum, and so not 
to disappoint anyone I will soon attempt to add a beautiful graphical 
representation of this crumpled recycled paper lunch bag

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 04:57:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Beldin's Pants

> I am making three exact clones of 'Bascule's Vacation lunchbag"
> trinkets at A($)5 so 3 x A($)5 for a total of 15A($) to ensure that
> his memory remains strong in all of us.

You need to give each trinket unique names. Since Bascule's Vacation
Lunchbag apparently still exists, I believe that all three of these
creation attempts fail.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 08:45:50 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Beldin's Pants

> > I am making three exact clones of 'Bascule's Vacation lunchbag"
> > trinkets at A($)5 so 3 x A($)5 for a total of 15A($) to ensure that
> > his memory remains strong in all of us.

It would also seem that the original and these, if successful, would be
forgeries anyway.

Malenkai
Trinket Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:03:51 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Cell Descriptions + Murals

> Well, all the numbers are even but 8675309 and 4545, and the latter is
> obviously divisible by 5, so that takes care of the prime question.
> 
Jenny, don't lose that number!

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:31:12 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka:  Proposal 2212

Niccolo Flychuck wrote:

> My proposals to change the Senate started after a Senator submitted a
> proposal that, had it passed, would have required the Senate to
> approve
> every proposal submitted to Internomic. This would have closed
> Internomic
> even further from the populace. I thought that was in bad taste. It
> demonstrated for me the dangers of giving the Senators unlimited
> terms.
> 
Let me be quite clear as I state that I would have drafted and
submitted that proposal exactly as I did even if Senators had limited
terms.  I probably would still have submitted it even if I had not
been a Senator.  It is not apparent to me that submission of proposals
to Internomic is necessarilly a fundamental right of the populace, and
it seemed at the time -- indeed, it still seems -- that Ackanomic
might have a vested interest in having a review procedure for its
outgoing IN proposals.  The public rejected the proposal, however,
which is certainly their collective right.  Although I disagree with
the general public on the matter, I have let it drop.  I am mildly
suprised that Niccolo took this matter as a cue to begin attempts to
reduce the terms and powers of the Senate.  It certainly was not the
case that those terms or other powers had anything to do with the
proposal being submitted.

> Such terms were fine when the Senate wasn't doing much, but since then
> it
> has gathered power, every little thing we do we assign to the Senate.
> Such
> power should be moderated. One measure of Moderation is the Supreme
> Court.
> I believe it is insufficiet, as the Justices are also unlimited term
> appointeed, who apointements are approved by the Senate. A better
> measure
> of Moderation would be refreshing the Senate every once in a while,
> hence
> , term limits. I have nothing against any of the Senators personally.
> I
> just feel that we are losing some sort of balance here.
> 
To some extent I have to reply that we are enacting legislation
according to the will of the people.  Indeed, it can be no other way
under the current rules.  Niccolo is attempting to change popular
opinion, which is fine.  He is asserting his discontent with the
current rules, which is also fine.  In opposing his attempts at
modifying the Senate, I am exercising my rights, which is fine too.
I do not personally agree that we are losing balance, but in truth,
individual opinions matter only insomuchas they contribute to the
collective opinion.

ThinMan
Senator

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:53:58 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Re acka me mailer 

Karma wrote:

> I'm trying this again because I've got two yeses and 1 no good for my
> cobweb mailer, a computer programmer at my sound designing school told
> me to try this configuration. I don't mean to play mailanomick but my
> cobweb mailer tells me my inbox is damaged and when I sent my survey
> question yesterday my mailer told me my message couldn't be sent cuz'
> my emailer was damaged, yet the message still came out, so this is
> another test (god let it be the last) I hope everyone can enjoy this.
> BTW when I send to wilma (this address) it tells me not all servers
> could be reached Dev/joe asked me 'bout this yesterday, when I checked
> the details it mentioned a malplacement of a colon in the address. I
> have no idea what this means other than a reference to
> [email-masked] is it possible it's a comma instead of
> a period?
> 
It looks fine to me.  It is clear that at least most of the formatting
is gone, perhaps all of it.  But then, I never had any problem reading
your earlier mail, either.  The list address you wrote above is
correct as it is.  If you have an option, though, you should configure
that address in your mailer as an internet (or SNMP) address -- that
may be the source of the complaint about a bad address.  Alternatively,
Cobweb may not be interfacing correctly with your mail delivery
system.  I am not knowledgable enough to be sure that I could diagnose
the problem even if I were there, however, so I surely cannot hope to
be very acurate or specific from here.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: 7 Jul 1997 13:02:54 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Chorg 

I am reading the next (8th) page of my Spell Book of Chorg.
The resulting explosion causes the book to fly nearly twelve feet into
the air.

At this time, I would also appreciate the OiCoRT determining the Otzma
Card generated by my reading of the 7th page, which I read last week,
but e may not have seen as I placed it at the bottom of the auction
non-results to save bandwidth.

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 13:10:11 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: CFJ 419 (ThinMan)

Call For Judgment 419
  Subject: That's my Machine!  I've got Patent Pending on that!
Initiator: Mohammed
    Judge: Niccolo Flychuck (failed to deliver verdict)
2nd Judge: ThinMan (assigned Jul 05, 1997, 00:37h EDT)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

Malenkai is guilty of Patent Infringement for possessing "military
lasers" when P2104 was accepted (or shortly thereafter.)

Mohammed's Reasoning:

Rule 716 (Patent Infringement) says:

> When a rule change occurs that causes a new named entity or named
> class of entities to exist, and a Player owns an entity with the
> same name as the new entity or class, that Player shall be Guilty of
> Patent Infringement, unless that entity is any type of Frog.

The main question is whether the rule in question is sufficient to
"cause a new ... class of entities to exist."  Certainly it didn't
cause any actual *examples* of Military lasers to appear.  But I argue
that a "class" of entities is not a concrete thing but an idea-- and
P2104 inserted the *idea* of Military lasers in the ruleset for the
first time.  It said:

> If a player assumes a title which requires a score higher than their
> own, in addition to any penalties required by other rules, that
> player is deemed to have been ambushed by Thargoids in hyperspace
> and blasted into a million pieces, leading to the replacement of any
> Military lasers in the player's possession by Pulse lasers, and the
> loss of 1 point.

Interestingly enough, that would cause Malenkai not to have a Pulse
Laser:

> When a Player becomes Guilty of Patent Infringement they shall:
> 1) deliver the item described in the preceding paragraph to the
>    Gaoler, to be placed in the Gaol's Evidence Room.

ThinMan's Reasoning:

As Mohammed points out, P2104 did not cause any new entity to exist,
so the question becomes whether it caused a new named class of entities
to exist.  This case, then, becomes a matter of what a class of
entities is, and when one exists.

As far as I can tell, the rules nowhere specify a meaning for the term
"class of entities," so I must rely on game custom and the spirit of
the game, including standard English, for a definition.  Rules 506 and
597 define Trinkets and Frankenstein Monsters, respectively, to be
classes of entities.  It seems to me that a "class" of entities is a
conceptual tool which allows us to define the properties and behavior
of many entities at the same time without naming or describing each one
individually.  This definition appears to be compatible with both the
existing rules and with standard English.  It would also seem that
nameless entities must implicitly belong to a class of entities from
which they derive their properties and behavior -- for example,  I
would render "Ackadollars" as a class of entities.

Military Lasers, then, certainly is, or at least can be, a class of
entities.  The question that remains is whether P2104 is sufficient to
cause the class of entities "Military Lasers" to exist.  In all other
cases known to me, the rules specify the existence of the class of
entities, either explicitly (Trinkets), or by stipulating the existence
of the members of the class (Ackadollars).  R2104 does not do this.  Is
defining properties of a potential group of entities sufficient to
make that group an _existing_ "class," as defined by R716?

With some regret, I have to say yes.  A class is more than the ensemble
of its instances; it is, IMO and as I wrote above, a conceptual tool in
its own right.  Because P2104 assigned a property (or is it a behavior)
to "Military Lasers," it brought into being the "class" of "Military
Lasers."  Thus the CFJ statement is TRUE.

Although it is not binding, I will note that I disagree with Mohammed
about whether this ruling causes Malenkai to not have a Pulse Laser.
R716 prescribes a player behavior to be taken; it does not cause any
entity transfer to happen automatically.  Moreover, I note that R716
allows no time window in which to perform such action, thus, IMO, the
transferrence requirement can never be satisfied, and the net effect
is to make Patent Infringement be a Crime (which otherwise it isn't).

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 14:17:12 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Beldin's Pants

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Brian Raiter [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Monday, July 07, 1997 7:58 AM
To:	[email-masked]'
Subject:	RE: Acka: Beldin's Pants

I am making one
 Trinket of 'Bascule's Vacation lunchbox" a smurf lunhbox with His name in 
crayon.
> valued at A($)5 so  to ensure that
> his memory remains strong in all of us.

You need to give each trinket unique names. Since Bascule's Vacation 
Lunchbag apparently still exists, I believe that all three of these 
creation attempts fail.
Breadbox
How come there are so many prosthetic foreheads of identical name and 
value, and since I am the creator of this trinket I should be allowed to 
make duplicates.

- - karma

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 14:48:00 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Retraction

I am retracting Proposal 2204, "Freeze Tag".  I just got a better idea.
:-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--REM:Fireplace
Current Book--Dan Simmons:Hyperion
Listen.  Let's determinedly cry together.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 14:58:24 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Big White Gazette, Issue 2

                   The Big White Gazette
            "Wasting Bandwidth Since Last Week Sometime"

Continuing our look at Trinkets and Treasure, this issue the Big White
Gazette looks at those Trinkets which, while not necessarily Antiquities,
have spent large chunks of their lifetime Underground.

Yes, some Trinkets just seem to be best-suited to being buried as
Treasures, found again, and then reburied.  Some have served well in this
capacity, but none better than the No Tea, which has been buried a whopping
four times so far(by Mohammed, /dev/joe[twice], and fnord).  While
currently enjoying an above-ground sojourn of over two months, it seems
likely that this spunky little entity will not stay there forever...

Runners-up, at three times buried, are the Exquisite Dead Guy and the Lucky
Ball and Chain.  These two trinkets are both TMBG references(the No Tea, a
bit more obscure, is a reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Infocom Software game), and the Exquisite Dead Guy definitely seems to prefer
inhumation as a lifestyle.

There are a few which have been underground twice:  the cheap plastic
imitation of the Amulet of Yendor, Fibber the Low-Grade Brass-Painted
Cheapo Plastic Flea, the Golden Frinking Straw, the Hubert Feathers,
the Secret Decoder Ring, the Silver Shovel, and Strider's Presidential
Vision.

What is it about certain trinkets that make them more likely than others to
be reburied?  We asked up-and-coming treasure-hunting hotshot, Alfvaen.

A: One of the factors is that the ones who enjoy finding treasures the
most, and are the best at it, also enjoy burying treasures themselves.
So what you get is someone unearthing a treasure, and having the trinket
around for a while, and then ending up burying it later when they want to
create a new treasure.

BWG: I can certainly see this being the case with you and /dev/joe,
although /dev/joe seems to accumulate trinkets faster than he
buries--witness last month's mass trinket destruction, many of which were
found in treasures.  fnord also tends to keep things in circulation.  I
think that breadbox may perhaps be more interested in keeping the trinkets
he finds, as souvenirs.

A: Well, breadbox is more of a finder than a burier, I think.  The "Hubert
Feathers" was created and buried specifically to find another treasure, and
even the adjunct treasure he created for that featured only one minor
trinket, and the rest bonds, money and gadgets.  I myself actually prefer
to create new trinkets and bury them, like I did with my first few
treasures, but with what seems to be a growing amount of currency tied up
in trinkets, it seems best to make use of the ones we have.

BWG: Do you notice any discernible pattern in the types of trinkets that
are reburied?

A: If it's a hard treasure, you want to bury an expensive trinket, to make
people want to work harder for it.  /dev/joe will often bury a bunch of
small trinkets together as one lot, which makes his own PE entry less
crowded.  <grin>  But apart from that, I don't think there's a real pattern
to it.  Most of the new trinkets created today are either big ones intended
as tax shelters, or small ones trying to exploit Malenkai's Loophole, or
for humorous intent.  The Silver Shovel idea is interesting, though, and if
it continues it may surpass the No Tea in reburyings.

BWG: Do you have any hints for the treasure hunters out there?

A: <grin>  I knew that was coming.  One thing that may be helpful is that
breadbox, when he did his W-File Report/Phoebe post, asked me if I wanted
to put any hints in, since he didn't have any treasures buried himself.  So
there are a couple in there, which some people may not have realized.  And
of course, now that I'm a Priest of the Church of the Markovian Dream, I
will be putting in my Prayers For Deliverance as well.  Apart from
that...the pangram one is entirely straightforward, and I confess is more
of a test of computing power than anything else, but I'm genuinely
interested in the result; and yes, I did mean "Ackapennies" instead of
"Ackadollars", but I'd rather the listing on the Treasure page remain the
way it is.

BWG: Thank you for talking to us.

A: My pleasure.

Grapefruit Update:

The staff of BWG have also sorted through the available records to
determine who are the leading Crystal Grapefruit candidates.  The results
are as follows:

Guy Fawkes--2 wins, Ghost game 1 and Grab-A-Donkey game 1
/dev/joe--2 wins, Ghost game 3 and Fictionary game 1
Robert Sevin--1 win, Ghost game 2
Mr. Lunatic Fringe--1 win, Grab-A-Donkey game 2

Neither Guy Fawkes nor /dev/joe are finalists in the current Grab-A-Donkey
game, but both are strong contenders in the current game of Viruses, so
this reporter is willing to bet that that game will see the final fate of
the Crystal Grapefruit, as soon as it gets back up to speed(as it should,
with the return of CarsesraC to referee).

Want Ads:

- -----------------------------
Wanted: prosthetic foreheads.
Will pay a reasonable price.
Contact [email-masked]
or visit kaa J8.
- -----------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:17:20 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Beldin's Pants

Karma wrote:

> 		How come there are so many prosthetic foreheads of
> identical name and value, and since I am the creator of this trinket I
> should be allowed to make duplicates.
> 
If you indeed think so, Karma, then read the relevant rules and draft
a proposal to change them so that you may do as you suggest.  That is
the nature of the game.  Under the current rules, however, each trinket
must have a unique name.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:26:43 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Warning

Well, it looks like the situation here at Terranet is becoming increasingly
unstable.  :-(  Just had a talk with my boss(the owner), and it's possible
that bankruptcy may be an option(not a _good_ option, but an option).  On
the other hand, we owe so much money to our creditors that we may be able
to hold that over them--"Foreclose on us and you'll never see that money!"

In any event, the possibility arises that, however much I may like to, I
might not be in a position to take over /dev/joe's offices, as we had been
planning; so anyone else who feels that they might be in the least capable
of doing so, let /dev/joe know so that we can make up some worst-case
scenarios.

Hopefully, this will blow over, and I will be around as web-harfer come
August, but I don't want to string anybody along here.

And hopefully if I suffer a discontinuity in my Internet access, I will at
least be able to put myself on Vacation in time(though I won't do so yet).

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Suzanne Vega:Freeze Tag
Current Book--Dan Simmons:Hyperion
Once you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is no longer a friend.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:43:43 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Warning 

>In any event, the possibility arises that, however much I may like to, I
>might not be in a position to take over /dev/joe's offices, as we had been
>planning; so anyone else who feels that they might be in the least capable
>of doing so, let /dev/joe know so that we can make up some worst-case
>scenarios.

Well, I've space on a server for a web account, but I don't have the time to
update the page. If worse comes to worse I can run the page, albeit far
slower than /dev/joe currently does.

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:48:04 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Warning

> >In any event, the possibility arises that, however much I may like to, I
> >might not be in a position to take over /dev/joe's offices, as we had been
> >planning; so anyone else who feels that they might be in the least capable
> >of doing so, let /dev/joe know so that we can make up some worst-case
> >scenarios.
> 
> Well, I've space on a server for a web account, but I don't have the time to
> update the page. If worse comes to worse I can run the page, albeit far
> slower than /dev/joe currently does.

Maybe we should put it on Geocities.  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Crowded House:Weather With You
Current Book--Dan Simmons:Hyperion
No, Dear.  We sleep in the Garage with the Cars.  The BOOKS stay here.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 18:09:15 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 419 Verdict

CFJ 419 is now publically knowable, if the verdict timing matters.

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgment 419
  Subject: That's my Machine!  I've got Patent Pending on that!
Initiator: Mohammed
    Judge: Niccolo Flychuck (failed to deliver verdict)
2nd Judge: ThinMan (assigned Jul 05, 1997, 00:37h EDT)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

Malenkai is guilty of Patent Infringement for possessing "military
lasers" when P2104 was accepted (or shortly thereafter.)

Mohammed's Reasoning:

Rule 716 (Patent Infringement) says:

> When a rule change occurs that causes a new named entity or named
> class of entities to exist, and a Player owns an entity with the
> same name as the new entity or class, that Player shall be Guilty of
> Patent Infringement, unless that entity is any type of Frog.

The main question is whether the rule in question is sufficient to
"cause a new ... class of entities to exist."  Certainly it didn't
cause any actual *examples* of Military lasers to appear.  But I argue
that a "class" of entities is not a concrete thing but an idea-- and
P2104 inserted the *idea* of Military lasers in the ruleset for the
first time.  It said:

> If a player assumes a title which requires a score higher than their
> own, in addition to any penalties required by other rules, that
> player is deemed to have been ambushed by Thargoids in hyperspace
> and blasted into a million pieces, leading to the replacement of any
> Military lasers in the player's possession by Pulse lasers, and the
> loss of 1 point.

Interestingly enough, that would cause Malenkai not to have a Pulse
Laser:

> When a Player becomes Guilty of Patent Infringement they shall:
> 1) deliver the item described in the preceding paragraph to the
>    Gaoler, to be placed in the Gaol's Evidence Room.

ThinMan's Reasoning:

As Mohammed points out, P2104 did not cause any new entity to exist,
so the question becomes whether it caused a new named class of entities
to exist.  This case, then, becomes a matter of what a class of
entities is, and when one exists.

As far as I can tell, the rules nowhere specify a meaning for the term
"class of entities," so I must rely on game custom and the spirit of
the game, including standard English, for a definition.  Rules 506 and
597 define Trinkets and Frankenstein Monsters, respectively, to be
classes of entities.  It seems to me that a "class" of entities is a
conceptual tool which allows us to define the properties and behavior
of many entities at the same time without naming or describing each one
individually.  This definition appears to be compatible with both the
existing rules and with standard English.  It would also seem that
nameless entities must implicitly belong to a class of entities from
which they derive their properties and behavior -- for example,  I
would render "Ackadollars" as a class of entities.

Military Lasers, then, certainly is, or at least can be, a class of
entities.  The question that remains is whether P2104 is sufficient to
cause the class of entities "Military Lasers" to exist.  In all other
cases known to me, the rules specify the existence of the class of
entities, either explicitly (Trinkets), or by stipulating the existence
of the members of the class (Ackadollars).  R2104 does not do this.  Is
defining properties of a potential group of entities sufficient to
make that group an _existing_ "class," as defined by R716?

With some regret, I have to say yes.  A class is more than the ensemble
of its instances; it is, IMO and as I wrote above, a conceptual tool in
its own right.  Because P2104 assigned a property (or is it a behavior)
to "Military Lasers," it brought into being the "class" of "Military
Lasers."  Thus the CFJ statement is TRUE.

Although it is not binding, I will note that I disagree with Mohammed
about whether this ruling causes Malenkai to not have a Pulse Laser.
R716 prescribes a player behavior to be taken; it does not cause any
entity transfer to happen automatically.  Moreover, I note that R716
allows no time window in which to perform such action, thus, IMO, the
transferrence requirement can never be satisfied, and the net effect
is to make Patent Infringement be a Crime (which otherwise it isn't).

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 18:18:57 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Silver Spaceship

The silver spaceship auction is over.

Voting Gnome wins the auction for A$50.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 17:34:00 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Warning

> Well, I've space on a server for a web account, but I don't have the time to
> update the page. If worse comes to worse I can run the page, albeit far
> slower than /dev/joe currently does.
	I can host the Main Page no problem, but I have a quota so the
other 9 Meg of stuff is sort of out of the question.

- -- 
Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 17:41:09 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Practice Voodoo Economics

> OK, the Player/Entities page list this as already having happened, but
> just to be sure, I am unambiguously giving President Mohammed the trinket
> Practice Voodoo economics to place in the Cabinet.

Thank you!  I notice that the head seems to be missing.  I narrow my
eyes suspiciously in Calvin N Hobbes' direction...

And without further ado, I place Practice Voodoo Economics in the
Cabinet.  How wise indeed!

- -- 
Mohammed

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #182
*******************************