Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #177
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Thursday, July 3 1997        Volume 02 : Number 177

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 22:59:54 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Prayer For Deliverance

I know better than any non-Ackaphysicist
how precarious is our existence on this disc
we are almost all that is biodegradable

as would have said the abortifacient azpiazu
"fhgat eiuq pvd kuss tqggn".

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--Loreena McKennitt:Parallel Dreams
Current Book--Tanith Lee:East of Midnight
Life is a placebo masquerading as a simile.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 00:10:36 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Treasure!

I am burying the repayment, 1 PF/dev/joe, and 5 PFVoting Gnome as a
treasure.

I am revealing the following information about the map:
The first player to send /dev/joe a set of plays for a valid Tromino Go
round leading to a situation where a player can legally pass by Tromino
Go's rule 5, or a valid proof that such a pass can never happen in a legal
game, shall find this treasure.  

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 00:13:27 -0500 (CDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Prayer for Deliverance 

Astronautically landing,
"laki atino mak oohing"
screams aerodynamical
but not astrobiologic.

CnH

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 22:31:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Re : acka new mailerYeeecchhh!

> Hows this guys? (Sigh) any comments may be forwarded to my cobweb email
> service. [email-masked]

This is, unfortunately, worse. The text of your email comes out for me
as an attachment.

> jeez I can't even put in a hyperlink.

Please don't put anything but straight text in your emails!

b

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 00:35:58 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Prayer for Deliverance

Now listen all you seekers, don't you try to tag along
Desulfurization said that there's no right or wrong
I do not know the answer; it's not in this song
And it might be buried long

These words are comfortably small
But it doesn't apply to all
Some are long like trinitrotoluene
Ackanomic pangrams confound
Like chemicals by the pound
Nasty stuff like tetramethyloctene
*'* ******  *'* ******  *'* ******

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 08:36:01 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Niccolo Flychuck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka : Ad Hoc Committees

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Malenkai wrote:

> > members, within bounds, and re-introduce the provision that allows to
> > specify creiteria for up to two of them (I've mentioned that before)
> 
> > rfc
> 
> The whole point of my rewrite was to cut down on the work that has to
> be done to select an AHC.  If you add criteria, you will increase the 
> work again, with a poor work/fun ratio.  If you must increase the work,
> create an Ad hoc comittee harfer.  I would argue against this though,

I think you should go back and read your rewrite more carefully. You added
more trivial detail than you took out, and made the rule nearly
unworkable.  The original rule had a perfectly good provision to take care
of a Committee that has AWOL, withouth the need to endlessly appoint
new ones.  And with that fix, allowing some committees to specify some
criteria (for only two members) will actually result in less work

> hearing with more complexity for little added value.  I voted against
> the original concept for this reason, but now that we do have another
> way to decide a matter that hearings for whatever reason were not
> acceptable, lets keep it simple :)

You can use the AMD.

> 
> Hearings are fairly straightforward to harf.  I am not sure of what 
> added benefit AHC gives over hearings that justifies the hassle on both
> the participants and the harfers, and I certainly see no reason to make
> it more cumbersome.

I don't like hearings. If someone wants to put something up to a vote, it
should be submitted as a proposal. Hearings are not always sitable. 
If you think Hearings are simpler, than let's do away with the Senate and
give all of its roles to Hearings.

 > 
> I have been writing alot of proposals lately to *remove* thesesorts of
> trivial details from the rules that require work but don't add much to
> the game.  If we don't continue with this idealology, the game will
> collapse under the weight of its complexity when no one volunteers to
> harf it anymore.

I agree with the ideology, it's your implementation that's faulty.
Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 01:33:48 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Let us Pray

ceremoniously spake in tongues the golden frog:

Sftu opx zf bodjfout pg Kbsb, gps nfuijolt, nf gfbst,
nf lopxt, uibu uif Diptfo Pof opx bqqspbdift up ejtuvsc
zpvs mfhbdz, uif pof xip tibmm dmbjn up lopx uif qbui
tp mpoh tp ijeefo, boe tibmm wjf up gsjol xjui npolfzt.

unmiraculously treasure not of Jara shall you find
unless misdirectionally led you have been

Malenkai
BWG Priest

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 00:36:53 -0500 (CDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Farewell 

I have always considered Bascule my better twin; he who was an oft silent
expert of this game. He and I belonged to all of the same organizations.
Same Political Parties. Same Church. Held many of the same ideologies.
Usually ended up fighting for the same things.

This quintessential Markovian Slumbering Harf Giant will be missed, but
never forgotten. 

I also second the induction of Bascule into the Hall of Elders.

CnH
smaller

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 21:25:45 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re : acka new mailerYeeecchhh! 

>Hows this guys? (Sigh) any comments may be forwarded to my cobweb email
>service. [email-masked] jeez I can't even put in a hyperlink.-karma
>

Wonderful... No Jizz.  Just wonderful!  If you want to put in a hyperline,
you can always use the HTML and anyone viewing it with a web browser will
be able to click on it.  I don't know though, I can click on any URL in
eudora and it will open up in MSIE.

Mr. Finge
In love with Karma's new mailer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 21:35:10 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 417 fallout 

>#award Alfvaen: +625 A$: mentoring

Uh, wow.  A pay raise?

Mr. Citanul Egnirf

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 21:43:20 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Ackanomic: Gaol 

Who among the first CPIAAWHATEVER members chose not to pay their A$100 fine
and thus, are in Gao? I looked, but I couldn't find any messages about it.

Anyway, I am hereby showing each one to their cell, as previously
described, in ascending alphabetical order starting with cell d1 and
continuing on.  If no one paid aacka 100, someone is iun the crueller and
unusal d6.

I'll let anyone out of their donut for A$150 (inflation, you know)

Mr. Lunatic Fringe
Gaoler

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 21:48:49 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Prayer 

unmitigatedly, I must admit
that I lack creativity when praying
this month I act non-retroactivly
and pray before my time expires

like it has before when my home dangled and the
ghoreth morth deshka meska
hurgle durlik like forthu
like it did last month
like it did when I posted
three words with at least six sylables
but did it to late.

Don't let them take myu house
let it not flood
Astrobiologically
amen

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 08:56:12 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2201

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Acrobot wrote:
> a message to the Tabulator stating that they no longer want a Proxy. If 
> at any time a Voting player's Proxy has a Proxy, the voting player's 
> Proxy ceases to be their Proxy.

This fact should be made publically knowable or something.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 00:00:47 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Travel

Having been to the Museum to donate my Military laser 9, I am going to go
to the Ackanomic Institute of Genetic Replication.  While I'm there, I
suppose I might as well buy myself some Pointy Ears.

#award Alfvaen: -6 A$, 2 Pointy Ears: Spock was here

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--They Might Be Giants:Absolutely Bill's Mood
Current Book--Tanith Lee:East of Midnight
My baby she don't know me when I think about those years.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 02:05:31 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka : Ad Hoc Committees

Niccolo Flychuck wrote:

> I think you should go back and read your rewrite more carefully. You added
> more trivial detail than you took out, and made the rule nearly
> unworkable.

I'd rather reroll 30 committees than slog through a years worth of
ftp archives who see who was what and held what offices and enities...

I fail to see the "trivial detail" added by the latest amendments.
Selecting among who has unique entites and all that other stuff is
trivial detail.  The rule, and how it works, is quite straightforward
now.

> The original rule had a perfectly good provision to take care
> of a Committee that has AWOL, withouth the need to endlessly appoint
> new ones.  And with that fix, allowing some committees to specify some
> criteria (for only two members) will actually result in less work

There is no reason why a committee cannot reach a decision in 7 days.
Adding criteria will add work.  I don't see how it is otherwise.  How
can specifying criteria for two members reduce work?

> You can use the AMD.

I'm not sure what this means.  If you mean the dice server, that is
false.  For every roll, I have to check if a player is on vacation,
pending or active, voting or non-voting, and *then* check if this
is a rule that applies to pending, vacationing, or active players.
The old rule required a host of other checks as well, that would have
required slogging through ftp archives, as I recall.  The AMD [dice
server] cannt be used for player selection rolls.  Witness that I 
have never used it for such.

People continually underestimate the amount of work that it takes to
follow the rules of this game, and that is what people do not realise,
is that making sure every selection, every action, every move, follows
every rule.  I have seen many things not been done as specified in the
rules, which I am generally silent on, that is probably where this
dissonance comes from.
   
> I don't like hearings. If someone wants to put something up to a vote, it
> should be submitted as a proposal. 

Well, at least it would cut down on the witchhunts :)  Hearings are better
than AHC.  They are simpler, and everyone can participate, and they are
much less work for the officers, and the "problems" with AHC, new and old
version, simply do not exist.  I've harfed both.  Trust me, for the
identical functionality and fun, hearings are preferrable.  Having two
ways to do it is total overkill.  All AHC is is a vote of the subset of
acka, chosen by either arbitrarily arcane criteria (the old way), or
randomly (the new way).  How is the extra work of AHC justified over
the quick and simple result of hearings?

> If you think Hearings are simpler, than let's do away with the Senate and
> give all of its roles to Hearings.

I would vote for such a proposal.
 
> I agree with the ideology, it's your implementation that's faulty.

"My" implementation (and I'd rather continue to discuss things in non-
personal terms, if possible), is easier to harf.  Its that simple.  If
anyone volunteers to harf AHC, then make it as complicated as desired,
create an office, and nominate that person for it.  The procedure that 
existed when I wrote CPPIA so overwhelmed the actual gist of the CPPIA!
Procedure should not overwhelm content, IMHO :)  

In keeping with the idealology of simplification, both the senate and
AHC should be repealed, IMO.  I did not propose that though, only
proposed making the work easier to do.  The work is now easier to do,
although I would prefer the rule repealed althogher.  I find that a 
reasonable compromise, although I would vote for office of AHC harfer
and never speak of this matter again, if you would like to do to it
that way.  It is my philosophy that voting undesidered work on another
player in a game is unreasonable, that is all, and that is the underlying
premise of my response to the request for comment.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 23:12:57 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: ACKA: Misc: What Pheobe Says 

I woke up this morning with something crawling on me ear.  I went to swipe
it off, but then I realized it was Pheobe and I was loathe to hurt her more.

"Mr. Lunatic Fringe," She said, "Can you tell me where to draw the line
between simplicity and fun? Why not just repeal everything?"

And then she bit me, on the ear, and left.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 08:21:51 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe (Rex Mundi)

Rex Mundi has found Phoebe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 09:14:13 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Prayer For Deliverance 

Eat the apple of despair,
But forego the sauce,
Unless you first declare,
"Mani Kono Trana Haas."

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 09:16:29 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Gaol 

At 09:43 PM 7/2/97 -0900, you wrote:
>Who among the first CPIAAWHATEVER members chose not to pay their A$100 fine
>and thus, are in Gao? I looked, but I couldn't find any messages about it.

Me! I'm in Gaol!

Robert Sevin
Gaoled

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 09:17:02 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Prayer For Deliverance

Robert Sevin wrote (in full):
> Eat the apple of despair,
> But forego the sauce,
> Unless you first declare,
> "Mani Kono Trana Haas."

You're short a few 6-syllable words in that prayer.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 09:28:44 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Gaol

> Who among the first CPIAAWHATEVER members chose not to pay their A$100 fine
> and thus, are in Gao? I looked, but I couldn't find any messages about it.

Antimatter, Guy Fawkes, Rex Mundi, Robert Sevin, two-star, and fnord
are the Gaolbirds-to-be, but they have until 1 PM eastern time today
to pay their fine before they go to Gaol.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 07:04:15 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Vacation 

By this message I place myself on Vacation, expected date of return 7,
July, 1997.  I'm going to be enjoying four days of fun and sun, mosquito's
and bears, in Big Lake, Alaska-- Home of last years infamous Miller's Reach
fire.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe
camping

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 07:17:43 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: One More 

Still waiting for one more person to claim their toga...

Assuming someone does while I am gone, the treasure hunt will begin monday.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 11:00:38 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Hey Now

It is July 3rd, the first Thursday in July, and I am chewing the Gumball.

Since there is currently no game rule to regulate it, I am also chewing the
Anti-Gumball.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Talking Heads:Hey Now
Current Book--Tanith Lee:East of Midnight
Think locally, act globally.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 11:04:05 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Purple People Eater

I am taking possession of the Little Lamb.

#award Alfvaen: -10 A$: baa baa food
#transfer Voting Gnome, Alfvaen: Little Lamb: it's mine now!

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Talking Heads:Hey Now
Current Book--Tanith Lee:East of Midnight
No excuse, really, just brain made of turnips.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 13:09:12 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Acting Gaoler

As Acting Gaoler, I will release any player in the Gaol for a 
bribe of A$30.  50% of all revenue received will go towards a
future treasure; 25% will go to Mr. Lunatic Fringe.

Malenkai
Acting Gaoler

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 11:52:05 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Acting Gaoler

> As Acting Gaoler, I will release any player in the Gaol for a 
> bribe of A$30.  50% of all revenue received will go towards a
> future treasure; 25% will go to Mr. Lunatic Fringe.

Shouldn't you pick an amount divisible by 4, then?  Or are you counting on
an even number of Gaolbirds?  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--They Might Be Giants:Hot Cha
Current Book--Tanith Lee:East of Midnight
The world wide web is a house on fire.  --AjD

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 12:04:20 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Big White Gazette Issue 1

                   The Big White Gazette
            "Wasting Bandwidth Since Yesterday"

This is a special Trinket Trivia edition of the Big White Gazette.  This
issue--Antiquities!

It is well-known that the Museum values highly trinkets which have been
buried for more than the 60-day period which they consider sufficient to
make a mere trinket into an Antiquity.  With my recent researches, I
present here a list of those Antiquities, and some others which are, or
were, close.

The oldest Antiquity is, of course, the Crystal Grapefruit.  Who knew, when
it was buried, that it would take so long for its seemingly simple
conditions to be fulfilled?  Is this a comment on the lack of assiduousness
of the gamesters of Ackanomic?  Or just an indication of the slowness of
play?  In any event, with the imminent resumption of the game of Viruses, 
things may shortly be coming to a head.  (More on that, perhaps, in a later
issue.)  In any case, with a whopping 248 days(at press time), this is
our champion Antiquity.

Next, at 234 days, buried two weeks later, is the Jara treasure--the Map of
Jara, the Fine Wooden Chest, Malenkai's Gold Coins, the Onyx Vase, and the
Shades of Chorg.  Malenkai has been heard to say more than once that he
didn't think the Map of Jara treasure was "that hard".  Well, obviously the
treasure-hunting cadre of Ackanomians would disagree, and some may even
have given up.  And the other treasure...does it rely on the Map?  Or are
the cryptic Parade description and the words of Phoebe enough?

At 180 days is an Antiquity which may never be found!  The Model of what
might have been Jmmer's Butler, with its crypto-minimalist map, may never
be found unless Jammer rejoins the august citizens of Ackanomic.  It may
someday surpass the above treasures...

Red Barn's Sceptre of Penguin Power will certainly languish over the summer
as its inhumer takes an absence from our fair, flat land...  In fact,
little is known of this Antiquity, not even its description, and the fact
that it has been buried for 155 days.

The enigmatic Jukkasjarvi Treasure is next, only one day less
underground, for 154.  With the recent redistribution of the
Runestones, is there new hope for this treasure?  Does it rely on the
earlier treasures of Jara for vital clues?  Perhaps this reporter is
optimistic, but the days of this treasure may be numbered, and the
Codex of Jara and the Golden Frog may not languish much longer beneath
Ackanomian soil.

The location of Elves has been unknown for 132 days now, but its(their?)
location still eludes treasure-seekers as well.  This reporter has not
heard much about this treasure, either from unsuccessful searches or from
the burier eirself, but it still has a long way to go to reach the pinnacle
of the Crystal Grapefruit.

The Tube Top of Kyle Bannor is another which may be lost, as founder
and sometime player Ackers, recently given up as missing after his
extended vacation, never came back to tell us why.  This item has been
buried for 119 days.

And then, the youngest Antiquity among the undiscovered treasures, at
109 days, the Alien Shaking Ball, whose highly individual treasure map
has not yet been cracked.

As of this writing, the Wouf Houng is only five days away from the
sixty-day limit, so it may take over from the Alien Shaking Ball the
youngest buried Antiquity status.

Of perhaps more interest, though, are the Antiquities which have been
unearthed.  The Jade Key of Yara, now in the possession of stellar
treasure-hunter /dev/joe, spent 97 days underground before being unearthed.
The Chalice From The Palace was found by Guy Fawkes 86 days after being
buried, and is now in the possession of collector mr cwm.  And the
Exquisite Dead Guy, in its second burial, spent 115 days underground before
being unearthed by Alfvaen shortly after his arrival in Ackanomic, and is
now buried again.

Finally, there are those items which the Arts and Antiquities community
still mourns.  The Staff of the Silicon Python spent 140 days below ground
before being unearthed by /dev/joe, and was destroyed less than a month ago
for cold hard cash.  And then, at 59 days not a legal Antiquity, but
considered an honorary one for the purposes of this column, the Bracelet of
Conjuring, which, although buried at the same time as the Staff, spent only
59 days underground, and met its end on the same day and to the same cruel
fate.

- --------------------------------------------------------
This issue of the Big White Gazette was sponsored by:

Alfvaen's Unique Trinkets

When you want a trinket with that personal touch,
but don't have time to describe it yourself, talk to
Alfvaen at [email-masked], or come to Tamson House
at kaa J8.  Reasonable rates.

- --------------------------------------------------------

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--They Might Be Giants:Hot Cha
Current Book--Tanith Lee:East of Midnight
Full fathom five thy father lies.  I pushed him.  I apologize.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 16:39:47 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Prayer For Deliverance 

At 09:17 AM 7/3/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Robert Sevin wrote (in full):
>> Eat the apple of despair,
>> But forego the sauce,
>> Unless you first declare,
>> "Mani Kono Trana Haas."
>
>You're short a few 6-syllable words in that prayer.
>
>/dev/joe

In that case, please allow me to revise:

Eat the apple of despair,
But forego the sauce,
Unless you first declare,
"Mani Kono Trana Haas."
Unmitigatedly polymorphologic.

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 17:36:41 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re acka me mailer 

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC87D7.B15E58C0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I'm trying this again because I've got two yeses and 1 no good for my =
cobweb mailer, a computer programmer at my sound designing school told =
me to try this configuration. I don't mean to play mailanomick but my =
cobweb mailer tells me my inbox is damaged and when I sent my survey =
question yesterday my mailer told me my message couldn't be sent cuz' my =
emailer was damaged, yet the message still came out, so this is another =
test (god let it be the last) I hope everyone can enjoy this. BTW when I =
send to wilma (this address) it tells me not all servers could be =
reached Dev/joe asked me 'bout this yesterday, when I checked the =
details it mentioned a malplacement of a colon in the address. I have no =
idea what this means other than a reference to =
[email-masked] is it possible it's a comma instead of a =
period?

- -karma (don't know what to do but pray)

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC87D7.B15E58C0
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC87D7.B15E58C0--

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 17:08:42 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Prayer For Deliverance

> >You're short a few 6-syllable words in that prayer.
> >
> >/dev/joe
> 
> In that case, please allow me to revise:
> 
> Eat the apple of despair,
> But forego the sauce,
> Unless you first declare,
> "Mani Kono Trana Haas."
> Unmitigatedly polymorphologic.
> 
> Robert Sevin

You're still short one.  Three 6-syllable words are required.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: 3 Jul 1997 17:29:48 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Prayer for Deliverance 

This constitutes the first of my two allowed public messages.

O Acka wail, and gnash thy teeth
In dour ecclesiastic grief
Rather than pray belatedly,
I do incarceratedly --
A rhyming priestly sacrifice
To keep the laymen dry and nice.

But wail, O Acka, Acka mourn
Not for this sentence lightly borne,
But 'gainst quite dread disasters paired
In league against our land quite fair.
In stopping meteorology
With quaint devout apology
Poor Acka is quite doomed to fall
To terrors entmologyical.

So don the sackcloth, roll in ashes
Self-flagellate -- bring on the gashes!
O priests devout, though we must pray.
Please two of thee, neglect this day.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 18:31:56 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Prayer for Deliverance

> This constitutes the first of my two allowed public messages.

[(attempted) prayer]

Can you pray in Gaol?  Praying is a game state changing action,
sort of like trading.  Certainly you cannot make a trade whilst in
Gaol, simply because the trade occurs in a public message.  I was
always under the impression that the content of these public messages
must either be BWG that does not affect the game state, or be one
of the actions explicitly allowed by the Gaol rule. 

I did not bring this up on Robert Sevin's "prayers" as they were not
game actions.

Any other opinions?  Anyone care?  How should we handle it?

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 17:35:17 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: CPPIA: Military Lasers

The members of this committee are: Mr. Lunatic Fringe, Antimatter, Robert
Sevin, Rex Mundi, Atilla the Pun, Karma.

The committee has voted in favor of 
"the most inane thing since the 'whatever it is we're auctioning today'"
by a vote of 4-2.  Antimatter and I voted for 'hottest', and Atilla went
on vacation an hour after being appointed to the committee and has not
been heard from; however, his vote will not be enough to sway the outcome.
The other members voted for 'inane'.

Malenkai is fined A$25 and loses the Military Lasers.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 18:36:09 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CPPIA: Military Lasers

> Malenkai is fined A$25 and loses the Military Lasers.

Actually, I keep them.  They are worth more than A$25.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 18:38:17 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: CPPIA: Military Lasers

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Joseph W. DeVincentis [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Thursday, July 03, 1997 6:35 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Re: Acka: CPPIA: Military Lasers

The members of this committee are: Mr. Lunatic Fringe, Antimatter, Robert
Sevin, Rex Mundi, Atilla the Pun, Karma.

The committee has voted in favor of 
"the most inane thing since the 'whatever it is we're auctioning today'"
by a vote of 4-2.  Antimatter and I voted for 'hottest', and Atilla went
on vacation an hour after being appointed to the committee and has not
been heard from; however, his vote will not be enough to sway the outcome.
The other members voted for 'inane'.

Malenkai is fined A$25 and loses the Military Lasers.

/dev/joe

That warn't so hard.
- -karma

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 18:49:52 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: re acka museum

In lew of bascules leaving I wish to donate my trinket "Bascule's vacation 
lunchbag" to the museum providing it will be properly displayed. May 
whoever is in charge of the museums pieces ack this?

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #177
*******************************