Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #169
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Sunday, June 29 1997         Volume 02 : Number 169

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:01:26 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Game State Updates

> > Chalmers's starting cash is A$636 
> 
> And as more and more people create one-person orgs and tax shelter 
> trinkets, the newbies will get less and less starting cash, and be at
> an ever increasing disadvantage, no fault of their own.  The whole 
> financial system really doesn't interest me personally, but I thought
> I'd point out this problem of the current loophole surfing in case
> someone else would like a go at fixing it.  My thoughts, FWIW, was
> to define a quantity called "Wealth", defined with respect to each player,
> that equals A$ + Tkts + Majiks + % of beneficial control of orgs and
> base the starting cash on that.

I've had that thought too.  Maybe it's time to bring back some sort of
minimum A$ for new players...  But I would certainly approve "wealth"
calculations including the values of trinkets.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Five Man Electrial Band:Signs
Current Book--Colin MacInnes:Absolute Beginners
'Why, this is other people, nor are we out of it.'

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:10:08 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Gadget determination

> # 18) Cheez-Whiz (lol)

>      18

I am requesting to visit Vynd's house(I can't remember whether it's "FALSE" or
"Somewhere Else"), or wherever it is he is, to admire his lovely new broken
Cheez-Whiz.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Five Man Eletrical Band:Signs
Current Book--Colin MacInnes:Absolute Beginners
A subtle dragon stings us in the midst of plenty.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:12:08 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Beldin's Pants

> The Beldin's Pants rule eats Nonentity 137 in the Museum,
> as the Museum is still the reciever of Beldin's Parka, even
> though that no longer exists.

Alas, poor Nonetity 137!  Another piece of our past is gone.  Oh, there's
still Inky Bloater Decoy 137, but it's just not the same somehow.  Oh, why
didn't it destroy the Loophole Surfboard instead?  I implore Beldin's
Tailor, if e still can, to change "loses" to "gains" in Beldin's Pants.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Five Man Electrical Band:Signs
Current Book--Colin MacInnes:Absolute Beginners
If you catch an exploding manhole cover, you can keep it.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:13:53 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Expert App

> The senate has voted unanimously in favor of granting Alfvaen expert
> status in Bandwidth-Wasting Gizz.

I would like to thank the Senators for their consideration.  So...thank
you, Senators, for your consideration.  Someday I will put forth a treatise
on the matter; I've got bits of it roiling around in my brain.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Five Man Electrical Band:Signs
Current Book--Colin MacInnes:Absolute Beginners
Turn the tongue seven times, then speak.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 01:52:25 -0400
From: Jazz Jackrabbit <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 2178

> Proposal 2178
> Otzma Card Type Garage Sale

> None of these Trinkets may be in the Museum [protecting our cultural
> treasures] or specifically mentioned in the rules [the Golden Frog's
> Chalice Vault condition won't be broken; similar setups are also
> protected].  

I would like to see a provision to exclude trinkets in treasures.  The
map writer, if alive, should be able to object.  Since this will not
do what it claims to do anyway (see below), hopefully it can be retracted
with that added in.  Using this to hose ancient treasures seems no fun.

> Three days after the card was played, all Trinkets remaining on the list
> are destroyed. 

The problem is that if the trinkets are owned by long lost undead, this
will not work, do to that rule's godlike precedence and the provision that
only undead may manipulate their entities.  This also seems to be when
you would most like to use it as well.

Malenkai
Expert on Entities

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 01:58:18 -0400
From: Jazz Jackrabbit <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposals 2173 and 4

On IRC Now :), there is some discussion as to the status of
these proposals.  The bot apparently knows about them, but until
they have been distributed to all voting players, I do not believe
that they exist.  If the Promoter could just distribute them again,
I think the problem would clear up.  (for all I care, you can just 
e-mail them to me if that is legal.  I keep a copy of every proposal
under consideration in a special folder, and am loathe to use the
web for proposals, for various reasons :))

Did anyone else get them?

Malenkai
Acka's *Original* Expert in Bandwidth-Wasting Gizz

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 02:33:30 -0400
From: Jazz Jackrabbit <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 421 (Rex Mundi)

Rex Mundi has been picked.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 421
  Subject: Interpreting Literature
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: Rex Mundi (selected Jun 28, 1997, 2:33h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

Proposal 2176 is Literature

Malenkai's Reasoning:

The alleged literature in the proposal is:

> "There has been a spacecraft sighted, flying high above the sky." 
> [They Might Be Giants, "For Science", 1st verse]

> "Yes, I will kiss the girl from Venus, for science."
> [They Might Be Giants, "For Science", 3rd verse]

> "Now listen all you swingers, don't you try to tag along."
> [They Might Be Giants, "Absolutely Bill's Mood", line 12]

All the quotes have less than 14 words, but more than 7 words.

=From Rule 210:

> This quotation must be an exact copy of words found in, written, 
> uttered or otherwise communicated by the source, enclosed in
> quotation marks. It must be either a complete sentence of 7 words or 
> more, or a contiguous phrase of at least 14 words in length. [This
> last bit is to try and stop people from trying to pass off "to be"
> as a quote from Hamlet, and the like.] 

Clearly the "contiguous" provision applies to the quotes as used in
the proposal, not the source.  However, what about the term "sentence".

There are two things at work here:

1) Does "sentence" as used in the above quote from rule 210, mean that
the quote must be a sentence 'as used in the proposal', or as it 'appears
in the source material'.  Obviously the CFJ is trivially true if it
is the former.  I tend to think the latter was intended, but the rule
is not clear.  There is no extant game custom, is there?  If so, it
must be used, if not, spirit of the game must be used to find the 
proper rendering of "sentence" as used above.

2) All the quotes in question are from lyrics.  Generally lyrics and
poetry are not punctuated as sentences, so it can be argued that
most lyrics are not sentences, even if they seem sentence-like,
although some may be.  It may be the case that one or more of the
quotes above is actually punctuated as a sentence in the source, 
indicating true (the Judge may have to do some research).  However,
its more important for the judge to address the general case of what
constitues a "sentence" in lyrics and verse (and other forms) if it
is deemed that "sentence" in rule 210 refers to the source, not the
proposal.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 02:58:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Gadget determination

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Aaron Humphrey wrote:

> 
> > # 18) Cheez-Whiz (lol)
> 
> >      18
> 
> I am requesting to visit Vynd's house(I can't remember whether it's "FALSE" or
> "Somewhere Else"), or wherever it is he is, to admire his lovely new broken
> Cheez-Whiz.
> 

Permission granted.  I must say, I am delighted to begin the last days, as
foretold in the Book, with my recovery of the Cheez-Whiz from the dark
realm beneath the concious world.  my voyage was unpleasant, filled with
dark creatures from the time before acka, strange days indeed.  thankfuly,
it was brief, and while the Cheez-Whiz is broken, the Book told me of the
coming days in which it will be restored to it's full, earth-shattering,
glory!  I wuld be much obliged if someone were to, err, like put a wrench
to it or something, I'm not very good with tools.  this concludes my
report from The Vault of the Book.

> 
> --
> --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
> Song In My Head--Five Man Eletrical Band:Signs
> Current Book--Colin MacInnes:Absolute Beginners
> A subtle dragon stings us in the midst of plenty.
> 

                                    - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 01:23:46 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Promoter correction

The Proposals numbered 2173 and 2174 apparently never made it to wilma
and since they were not properly distributed, they don't exist.  They
have been removed from the bot and the proposals have now been
distributed under different numbers.

According to the bot only two players had already voted on 2173 and 4,
so this shouldn't cause too much confusion, just an annoying delay.

Sorrie.  :O(

The bot now recognizes ``` and ''' as the standard delimiters.  (Make
sure not to get the confused.  :o) This is not to say you can't use
whatever delimiters you please-- you can!  But if you use ``` and '''
Acrobot will convert them to <blockquote> and </blockquote> so they'll
look nice.

- -- 
Mohammed
How 'bout that Supreme Court!  :o)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 03:30:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 421 (Rex Mundi)

On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Jazz Jackrabbit wrote:

> Rex Mundi has been picked.
> 
> Clerk of the Courts
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Call For Judgment 421
>   Subject: Interpreting Literature
> Initiator: Malenkai
>     Judge: Rex Mundi (selected Jun 28, 1997, 2:33h EDT)
> Judgement:
> 
> Statement:
> 
> Proposal 2176 is Literature
> 
> Malenkai's Reasoning:
> 
> The alleged literature in the proposal is:
> 
> > "There has been a spacecraft sighted, flying high above the sky." 
> > [They Might Be Giants, "For Science", 1st verse]
> 
> > "Yes, I will kiss the girl from Venus, for science."
> > [They Might Be Giants, "For Science", 3rd verse]
> 
> > "Now listen all you swingers, don't you try to tag along."
> > [They Might Be Giants, "Absolutely Bill's Mood", line 12]
> 
> All the quotes have less than 14 words, but more than 7 words.
> 
> =From Rule 210:
> 
> > This quotation must be an exact copy of words found in, written, 
> > uttered or otherwise communicated by the source, enclosed in
> > quotation marks. It must be either a complete sentence of 7 words or 
> > more, or a contiguous phrase of at least 14 words in length. [This
> > last bit is to try and stop people from trying to pass off "to be"
> > as a quote from Hamlet, and the like.] 
> 
> Clearly the "contiguous" provision applies to the quotes as used in
> the proposal, not the source.  However, what about the term "sentence".
> 
> There are two things at work here:
> 
> 1) Does "sentence" as used in the above quote from rule 210, mean that
> the quote must be a sentence 'as used in the proposal', or as it 'appears
> in the source material'.  Obviously the CFJ is trivially true if it
> is the former.  I tend to think the latter was intended, but the rule
> is not clear.  There is no extant game custom, is there?  If so, it
> must be used, if not, spirit of the game must be used to find the 
> proper rendering of "sentence" as used above.
> 

Well, I believe that the rules for Literature do require all quotes to
appear as they do in the source.  This would, I think, rule out any
possibility of your trivialy true situation.  even if one decided to
interpet the rule in such a manner, quoting something as a sentence when
it was not a sentence in the original source would invalidated it anyway.

> 2) All the quotes in question are from lyrics.  Generally lyrics and
> poetry are not punctuated as sentences, so it can be argued that
> most lyrics are not sentences, even if they seem sentence-like,
> although some may be.  It may be the case that one or more of the
> quotes above is actually punctuated as a sentence in the source, 
> indicating true (the Judge may have to do some research).  However,
> its more important for the judge to address the general case of what
> constitues a "sentence" in lyrics and verse (and other forms) if it
> is deemed that "sentence" in rule 210 refers to the source, not the
> proposal.
> 

This is a good point.  I was mostly thinking ofbooks and speeches when i
wrote the rule, and didn't realy consider poetry, song lyrics, or
non-traditional writting styles.  The 14 word part does serve as a
catch-all for these situations, but it wouldn't apply here.  Frankly, I
wish the judge luck, this part of the rule might eventually need some
rewriting.  Certainly /dev/joe's proposal is Literature in spirit, if
nothing else.

                                  - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 09:32:35 -0400
From: Jazz Jackrabbit <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Promoter correction

> How 'bout that Supreme Court!  :o)

Ours or the one that struck down the CDA? ;-)

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: 28 Jun 1997 11:53:32 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Game State Updates 

AC>> I believe P2123 destroys the azpiazu monster, only moments after we
AC>> finally knew it existed

AC>Which is a shame.  I do not believe it will be possible to build a
AC>"legitimate" Frankenstein Monster that does not conflict with the
AC>rules -- indeed, virtually every part I thought to add would conflict
AC>with the fragment of the rules that was used for it, and since it will
AC>be virtually impossible to pull the Cheez-Whiz scam again, the whole
AC>FM rule seems pointless now.  Perhaps someone can think of a fix.

AC>> Chalmers's starting cash is A$636

AC>And as more and more people create one-person orgs and tax shelter
AC>trinkets, the newbies will get less and less starting cash, and be at
AC>an ever increasing disadvantage, no fault of their own.  The whole
AC>financial system really doesn't interest me personally, but I thought
AC>I'd point out this problem of the current loophole surfing in case
AC>someone else would like a go at fixing it.  My thoughts, FWIW, was
AC>to define a quantity called "Wealth", defined with respect to each player,
AC>that equals A$ + Tkts + Majiks + % of beneficial control of orgs and
AC>base the starting cash on that.  As for the tax loophole and the robin
AC>hood rule, I think it would be simpler to just remove both of them.

Simplicity is good, usually.  I support Robin Hood's removal.  As for
the tax problem, it would only require an extremely modest proposal to
change the taxation system to tax a player on the value of their
Trinkets as well as their A$ balance.  Determing the value of a player's
org membership could be a bit more tricky but still manageable.

I really don't call the actions of late "loophole surfing" -- that's far
too glorious a name for it.  The necessary entity manipulations are
clearly spelled out it the rules, and can be fairly trivially carried
out by anyone who wants to.  Avoiding taxation is not an unexpected
consequence of a broken rule, just what should be expected when player's
are penalized for their holdings.  Do we _really_ want to tax every
possible shelter, and complexify the rules, are just remove the
incentive to have a tax shelter, by removing the tax (or taxing money as
it is earned rather than as it is held, but that's a different issue).

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 15:58:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  P2147 accepted (Forgery)

> Proposal 2147
> Forgery
> Malenkai
> 
> Votes cast by active players:  14 / 20 = 70.000000%
> Yes:  11    No:  4     Present:  0   ...Proposal accepted.

> A player-created Trinket, whose name contains the name of a current
> or former player other than that of the creating player, such that
> the player name in question existed before the Trinket was created,
> is a forgery.  The rules may define other circumstances under which
> a Trinket is a forgery.  Upon it being discovered that a Trinket is
> a forgery, it is transferred to the Treasury.

By my reckoning, "Robert Sevin's Moderately Amusing Vacation Hat"
(created by Guy Fawkes) and "the trinket formerly known as the player
formerly known as snowgod" (created by Antimatter) are both
forgeries. (Big thanks to Alfvaen for his trinket creator page.)

> For the purposes of this clause, the Trinket name "contains" a name
> N, if it contans a word or phrase of the same length in words as N,
> that when stripped of any conventional English morphological
> changes, matches N as described in rule 348. [e.g. "Malenkai's
> Loophole" and "Malenkai-esque Statues" would be forgeries].

Now, does this include the trinket "5 PFAlfvaen", created by Red Barn?

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 17:18:52 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  P2147 accepted (Forgery)

> > A player-created Trinket, whose name contains the name of a current
> > or former player other than that of the creating player, such that
> > the player name in question existed before the Trinket was created,
> > is a forgery.  The rules may define other circumstances under which
> > a Trinket is a forgery.  Upon it being discovered that a Trinket is
> > a forgery, it is transferred to the Treasury.
> 
> By my reckoning, "Robert Sevin's Moderately Amusing Vacation Hat"
> (created by Guy Fawkes) and "the trinket formerly known as the player
> formerly known as snowgod" (created by Antimatter) are both
> forgeries. (Big thanks to Alfvaen for his trinket creator page.)

Thank you.

Things being how they are, I am cashing in Malenkai's Vase for A$.

#destroy Alfvaen: Malenkai's Vase
[
#award Alfvaen: 12 A$: if this is necessary
]

> > For the purposes of this clause, the Trinket name "contains" a name
> > N, if it contans a word or phrase of the same length in words as N,
> > that when stripped of any conventional English morphological
> > changes, matches N as described in rule 348. [e.g. "Malenkai's
> > Loophole" and "Malenkai-esque Statues" would be forgeries].

> Now, does this include the trinket "5 PFAlfvaen", created by Red Barn?

That depends on whether adding a "PF" prefix is considered a
conventional English morphological change, I guess. Since I don't
recall having used it before joining Ackanomic, I would wager not.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--The Nylons:Combat Zone
Current Book--Colin MacInnes:Absolute Beginners
Barkis is up the wrong tree

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 17:20:57 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Retraction

Since I hid my last proposal retraction, I'll make this one quite evident
and plain:

#retract proposal 2180

And will resubmit with self-deletion braces...

Is there any particular reason, by the way, that conditional effects in
proposals are verboten?  Scam potential?  (My brain doesn't work that way,
I'm afraid, so anyone whose does, enlighten me...:-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Tom Waits & Bette Midler:I Never Talk To Strangers
Current Book--Colin MacInnes:Absolute Beginners
Either it's an illusion or Spielberg's head exploded.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 17:24:44 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Land Deal

karma and I have privately negotiated the following trade:

#transfer karma, Alfvaen: A$360: land deal
#transfer Alfvaen, karma: 1 kaa of land(K9): land deal

He does specifically request K9, which I confess I drove a hard bargain
on...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--The Nylons:Combat Zone
Current Book--Colin MacInnes:Absolute Beginners
Kangaroo and chipmunks...bedbugs and ballyhoo

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 19:31:00 -0400
From: Jazz Jackrabbit <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Retraction

> Is there any particular reason, by the way, that conditional effects in
> proposals are verboten?  Scam potential?  (My brain doesn't work that way,
> I'm afraid, so anyone whose does, enlighten me...:-)

I do not know.  I submitted a proposal a long time ago to change this,
when it was evident that the only difference was the {{braces}}, but
it was soundly opposed.  Since I did not understand the rationale for
the opposition, I did not resubmit it, because I did not know how to
"correct" it; I just decided to start adding the braces.

BTW, Anti Gumball was repealed, I believe, so you no longer need a
conditional rule change anyway, but I would check.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 21:35:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stuff happening (or not)

Rex Mundi tried to create an organization named rexbank a few days ago,
but didn't pay his start-up costs, so I think it failed.

I am turning my trinket "One big honking trinket" back into cash.  I am
also converting my trinket "One unpopulr proposal."  Now that my house is
soon to cease being Somewhere Else incarnate, I'm going to need the room,
no matter what the Arts an antiquities community thinks.

#award Vynd: + A$813, - One big honking trinket, - One unpopular /
proposal : housecleaning

I will attempt to appease the community, however, with the creation of a
new trinket, with the name Practice Voodoo Economics, worth A$5, with the
following text:

It's a ventriloquist's dummy that looks like Ronald Regean.  It's got pins
stuck in it.

I am offering this trinket to President Mohammed, with the express wish
that he place it in The Cabinet.

                                 - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 23:06:32 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Land Deal

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Aaron Humphrey [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Saturday, June 28, 1997 7:25 PM
To:	Ackanomic
Subject:	Acka: Land Deal

karma and I have privately negotiated the following trade:
#transfer karma, Alfvaen: A$360: land deal
#transfer Alfvaen, karma: 1 kaa of land(K9): land deal
He does specifically request K9, which I confess I drove a hard bargain on...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head-The Nylons:Combat Zone
Current Book-Colin MacInnes:Absolute Beginners
Kangaroo and chipmunks...bedbugs and ballyhoo

I ack thissweet deal whooohheee did I ever put one over on Alfvaan!!!

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 23:48:25 -0400
From: Jazz Jackrabbit <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Cheez-Whiz

> I am building a Cheez-Whiz so that its blueprint will remain as
> part of history, and as a keepsake.  It will be done in three days.
> Its blueprint may also be useful to someone else as a tool...

The Cheez-Whiz is complete and an a public auction now begins for it.
The minimum bid is 0.  There is no maximum bid.  Bid early and often
for this piece of acka history.  This one is not broken.  Vynd's
is not really broken either, as it is not a mechanical gadget.  It
will work just fine.

Chief Cheese

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 00:25:46 -0400
From: Jazz Jackrabbit <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Silver Moon Results

Vynd's Phoebe wisdom wins the 4th Silver Moon.  I believe a speech
is required.

#award Vynd : 75 A$,silver moon : can I do that in one command?

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 Proposal 1909 by fnord (2 votes)
   http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/prop1950.html#P1909
 
 Thinman's ridicule of /dev/joe's guess at the 11th truth (1 vote)
   http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/machine.html#11-r1
 
 breadbox's Hubert Feathers treasure (2 votes)
   http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackafta.htm#141
 
 Vynd's posting of Phoebe's Wisdom on April 25th. (3 votes)
   http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/phoebe.html#36

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 00:44:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Cheez-Whiz

On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Jazz Jackrabbit wrote:

> > I am building a Cheez-Whiz so that its blueprint will remain as
> > part of history, and as a keepsake.  It will be done in three days.
> > Its blueprint may also be useful to someone else as a tool...
> 
> The Cheez-Whiz is complete and an a public auction now begins for it.
> The minimum bid is 0.  There is no maximum bid.  Bid early and often
> for this piece of acka history.  This one is not broken.  Vynd's
> is not really broken either, as it is not a mechanical gadget.  It
> will work just fine.
> 
> Chief Cheese

I bid A$5 for this Cheez-Whiz.  Also, even though I sent this message to
the finance and main lists, I'd recommend all furhter bids go on the
finance list...

                               - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 00:57:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Silver Moon Results

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Jazz Jackrabbit wrote:

> Vynd's Phoebe wisdom wins the 4th Silver Moon.  I believe a speech
> is required.
> 
> #award Vynd : 75 A$,silver moon : can I do that in one command?
> 

Well, i'm gratified to see my little scheme worked.  When I was first
elected to the Senate, I knew that this day would come.  From my humble
beginings as a Crazy French-Scotsman, I ahve now ascended to the very
pinacle of acka, the Silver Moon.

It wasn't easy, of course.  I had to enlist the help of Phoebe.  It took
some time, and some, shall we say, muscle, but she came around.  Then
there was the whole Azpiazu buisness to end the cycle, which not only
brought about the Silver Moon hearing, but led to the creation of the
Cheez-Whiz!  A major coup, if I do say so myself.  After that, developing
a list of Nominees that I could get my fellow Senators to vote for, while
still not having any serious competition for me, well, it was child's
play.  Now I have the Silver Moon, and will soon ahve not one but TWO
Cheez-Whiz.  It's all coming together now...

                           - Vynd

[email-masked]
All in good fun.

P.S. - Only one vote for Thinman's hilarious scolding of /dev/joe?
Sheesh...

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #169
*******************************