Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #168
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, June 28 1997        Volume 02 : Number 168

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 00:00:11 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Tamson House

In accordance with whatever Rule that is, I am posting here a description
of Tamson House.  Let me just say that I'm glad I don't have to pay A$2 per
word to do this.  :-)  Since nobody else is doing this, I will be keeping a
list of house(and tower, I guess)descriptions myself; anyone else who has
one can send it to me and I'll probably eventually put it up.  I'm not sure
of the URL yet, but there will be a link on my main Acka page...

From the outside, Tamson House looks like a small brownstone building,
square, with a carved oak door on the front and a couple of more
plain-looking wooden doors on the sides and back(the means to opening
which, however, is not evident).  The front door has a knocker in the shape
of an ugly-looking face with the knocker held between its teeth.

Tamson House is much larger on the inside, however, but despite this
manages to remain extremely cluttered.  The entryway is somewhat cramped,
although there is room for up to eight people to remove their outerwear
without being too uncomfortable, and adequate storage space for it all.
The floor is discreetly suckered for guests' comfort, but the suckering is
done in a tasteful geometric mosaic pattern.

Through the entryway is(usually)the main living room, for entertaining
guests.  Again, there is much clutter, and the furniture does not all
match, or point the same direction, but there is ample space for several
dozen people to mingle or lounge about with no crowding.  Even when it is
more sparsely occupied, though, it still seems cosy.

The rest of the layout of the house is highly variable.  There are several
hallways and doors off the living room, but they do not always lead to the
same rooms, and guests can end up lost quite quickly if they do not have a
guide with them.  (Fortunately, the House tires quickly of such games and
usually lets people arrive at their destination eventually...)

Among the other rooms which can(usually)be found in Tamson House are the
library, computer room, and music room, though the contents tend to spill
over into one another.  The library contains a huge number of works of
science fiction and fantasy, with a smattering of almost everything else,
mostly arranged in alphabetical order by author, but one can tell where
books have recently been removed, returned, or added.  The non-fiction
section includes many textbooks in physics, computing science, mathematics,
and linguistics, as well as more esoteric fields; some have obviously never
been touched, acquired entirely on a whim, and "because they were there".

The music room contains a similarly chaotic assortment of records, tapes,
and CDs(the latter, oddly enough, in short supply), and the equipment to
reproduce sounds from the same.  This equipment can pipe music into the
entire house, different music to each section if desired, and can be
controlled from the music room or remotely from anywhere in the house.

The computer room contains a selection of different machines running
different operating systems, different graphics systems, and generally
capable of running all sorts of different games, but it is evident that
some receive a great amount of use while others receive little, if any.  A
giant umbilical cord leads from the back of each into the walls of the
house, where it is presumed it connects to the Source of All Good Bits.
There is a space in the corner where the Machine That Goes *ping* may or
may not sit, and a desk opposite it where mounds of paper accumulate, with
scribblings in a variety of ink colours on a variety of topics, usually
illegible to the uninitiated.

There are also more utilitarian rooms--a kitchen, which can produce a great
variety of food and frink(though the availability of Right-Handed
Grapefruit Juice is strictly seasonal), though it usually doesn't; various
bedrooms, for guests on extended stays; and lavatory facilities.  (The
House, through the kindness of its heart, tends to be generous in allowing
visitors to find the latter, though finding their way back again may not be
so easy.)

There are also windows that face out onto the outside(though somehow they
can't be seen from outside the house), and others that face onto an
interior courtyard, which(if one is lucky)can be accessed from the house,
though it is rarely used.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Gilbert O'Sullivan:Alone Again(Naturally)
Current Book--Jean Lorrah:Ambrov Keon
I say, put Schrodinger in the box & see how HE likes it.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 10:34:13 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 419 (Niccolo Flychuck)

I accept Judegment on this CFJ (it had been so long)

Niccolo Flychuck

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Malenkai wrote:

> Niccolo Flychuck has been selected.  I was wondering if someone
> was going to do this.  At least the CFJs are getting more interesting
> and less nit-picky :)
> 
> Clerk of the Courts
> - ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Call For Judgment 419
> Subject: That's my Machine!  I've got Patent Pending on that!
> Initiator: Mohammed
>   Judge: Niccolo Flychuck (selected Jun 26, 1997, 19:09h EDT)
> Judgement:
> 
> Statement:
> 
> Malenkai is guilty of Patent Infringement for possessing "military
> lasers" when P2104 was accepted (or shortly thereafter.)
> 
> Mohammed's Reasoning:
> 
> Rule 716 (Patent Infringement) says:
> 
> > When a rule change occurs that causes a new named entity or named
> > class of entities to exist, and a Player ownsan entity with the
> > same name as the new entity or class, that Player shall be Guilty of
> > Patent Infringement, unless that entity is any type of Frog.
> 
> The main question is whether the rule in question is sufficient to
> "cause a new ... class of entities to exist."  Certainly it didn't
> cause any actual *examples* of Military lasers to appear.  But I argue
> that a "class" of entities is not a concrete thing but an idea-- and
> P2104 inserted the *idea* of Military lasers in the ruleset for the
> first time.  It said:
> 
> > If a player assumes a title which requires a score higher than their
> > own, in addition to any penalties required by other rules, that
> > player is deemed to have been ambushed by Thargoids in hyperspace
> > and blasted into a million pieces, leading to the replacement of any
> > Military lasers in the player's possession by Pulse lasers, and the
> > loss of 1 point.
> 
> Interestingly enough, that would cause Malenkai not to have a Pulse
> Laser:
> 
> > When a Player becomes Guilty of Patent Infringement they shall:
> > 1) deliver the item described in the preceding paragraph to the
> >    Gaoler, to be placed in the Gaol's Evidence Room.
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:32:49 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: re : Acka : Proposal 2163

   Proposal 2163 - Mon, 23 Jun 1997 21:13:39 -0500
   Less Paper Work = More Fun (part 2)
   Calvin N Hobbes (Thierry Joffrain)
   Decision:
   
     {{This is a Modest proposal
     
     Award 6 points to Niccolo Flychuck, substract 6 points from Calvin
     N Hobbes.
     
     [ This is all NF's work. I apologize for messing with it at all.

Actually it's not all mine, the modular orgs are mostly Mohammed's work.
The lack of RFC is fine (getting some private commentary might have been
advised), however, as Expert in Organizations and Institutions I have the
following comments to make:

     Amend R1301 to read:
     
     "1. Churches are Organizations. Church, Church membership,
     Foundership, Priesthood, and Church Dogma are Protected.
*
I know that's what it ways now, but you stated the intent to correct
redundant language. Protection language is obsolete.
*
    
     4. Priests
[snipped]
     
     If a decision is to be made by the Priesthood, and no method for
     making such decisions is defined in Church Policy, then the
     decision will be made by a simple majority rule. If there is still
     a tie after this, then the Founder will break the tie.
*
Simpler tie breaking. I rather liked the seniority bit, although there was
no reason for it to appear twice. Whatever.
*     
     
     6. Membership
     A player may not be a member of more than three Churches at the
     same time. Any player may petition the Founder of a Church for
     membership in that Church. If Church Policy has nothing to say on
     accepting new members, then Church membership will be up to the
     Founder. However, a Player cannot become a member of a Church until
     the Founder of the Church sends a public announcement to that
     effect.

*
Unifying these was a good idea
*

     This rule defers to all other Rules which do not contain this
     sentence outside of quotation marks."

**
Results of the abduction ?
***

     Amend R1001 to read:
     
     "1. Institutions
     There exists a class of entities called Institutions. Institutions
     are Protected. An Institution is in session when it has more than 2
     member.

*
Protection again.
And doesn't the text currently says :"2 or more members"? I don't see any
reason to change that.
*

     
     
     7. Profit Sharing Day
     Whenever the Synod has been in session for at least 14 consecutive
     days and there was no Profit Sharing Day for at least 14
     consecutive days. An Organization is eligible for getting a share
     of the profits if it has a Delegate in the Synod.
     
     Profits are defined as the amount A$ currently owned by the Synod.
     Each member receives an amount of A$ equal to profits divided by
     number of Seats in the Synod, rounded down to the nearest integer.
     It is the duty of the Yor-Delegate to track and declare Profit
     Sharing days, calculate the amount of A$ each Organization
     receives, report it to the Financier, and record the amount of A$
     at the end of the Profit Sharing day.

**
The current language only shares some of the profits with the member
Organizations. I'm inclined to agree that 40% might be a bit low, and
perhaps it should be increased to 60-80, but the Synod's assets should be
allowed to grow. It does have its own expenses, it needs to own stuff to
operate, and it saves the trouble of transferring funds to it continously
from the member Organizations.
Also you kept the voting by size, but not the profit sharing by size. Odd.
As far as the work argument is concerned. All this is done by the
Yor-Delegate, an entirely voluntary position, not the financier, not the
speaker. This change robs the Synod of some its dynamics and interaction,
and from a large portion of its fun value.

I'm going to have to vote NO on this proposal.
**

Niccolo Flychuck
Expert on Organizations and Institutions

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:00:04 -0800
From: "Jerome Herrman" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Vacation 

Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
From: Jerome Herrman
To:  'acka'
Subject:  Acka: Vacation
Date: 1997-06-27 08:51
Priority: 3
Message ID: 11565CCC42EED011948C0060976638FA
Conversation ID: Acka: Vacation

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of this message, I am officially on vacation.  Expected return date,   
7/7/97.

Techno

While an intelligent blind funny detective from another planet was with a
team of kangeroos, one cosmic Russian from Indiana stole all the air.

------------------------------

Date: 27 Jun 1997 12:49:16 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: trades 

I am offering GF Mini-storage, Inc., 4 BV's.  I propose that this org
accept this trade offer.  As that org's only member, I approve of the
action, and so it happens.

#transfer Guy Fawkes, GF Mini-storage, Inc.: 4 BV

"Jukkasjarvi Cheez-Whiz 11sfdghsdh56"

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:57:04 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: re : Acka : Proposal 2163

>      Amend R1301 to read:
>      
>      "1. Churches are Organizations. Church, Church membership,
>      Foundership, Priesthood, and Church Dogma are Protected.
> *
> I know that's what it ways now, but you stated the intent to correct
> redundant language. Protection language is obsolete.
> *
   
Sounds like a job for the CSRR Officer, once we have one again...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--Spinal Tap:Break Like The Wind
Current Book--Colin MacInnes:Absolute Beginners
"Lloyd, you know how stupid I am about moves."

------------------------------

Date: 27 Jun 1997 17:05:32 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Thoughts on Yellow (off-topic) 

Some thoughts on the plight of Rishonomic.

Why is the proposal "all numbers greater than 4 are a Suffusion of
Yellow" that menacing?

The only properties that a Suffusion of Yellow would naturally have are
that of being colored yellow, and being so colored quite suffusely.
Neither the various wavelengths of radiation that constitute yellow nor
the intensity of such coloration has any properties that intrinsically
prevent the suffusely yellow number from retaining its numerical
properties.  Suffusely coloring a number does not necessarily deprive it
of numericalness.

Several places in Rishon's ruleset speak of performing equality or
greater-than / less-than tests on quantities which are a Suffusion of
Yellow.  In the absence of such evidence that these quantities are not
actually non-numerical, there is a strong implicit case that the
intensely yellowed quantites are indeed numerical, or at the very least
capable of having the aforementioned operations applied to them.

Furthermore, if Rishon has a "spirit of the game" criterion in its
judiciary, these quantites can even be evaluated.  The simplest
evaluation is that being colored yellow, even suffusely, does not change
a number's arithmetical properties.  It is very much in the game's
spirit that numerical uncertainty does not constitute a crash where
there is any reasonable alternative

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 15:05:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ross Morgan-Linial <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Thoughts on Yellow (off-topic)

On 27 Jun 1997 [email-masked] wrote:

// Some thoughts on the plight of Rishonomic.
// 
// Why is the proposal "all numbers greater than 4 are a Suffusion of
// Yellow" that menacing?

It's actually closer to "all numbers greater than 4 are changed to 'A
Suffusion of Yellow'". What's why it's menacing - it changes the numbers,
instead of merely adding an attribute.

- ------
Ross Morgan-Linial * [email-masked]

Any man who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
 - Samuel Goldwyn

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 02:23:46 +0100
From: "Gavin Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RexBank

I hereby create an organization called RexBank. It will provide banking
services for anyone who wants them. Just accounts at first, although I
doubt it will ever be able to afford loans.
It will charge 20 A$ to set up an account, and 5% (rounded down) of the
current balance at the end of each cycle.
It will also charge 5 A$ (from an account if one exists) to keep PFBonds.
All money earned will be put into my RexBank account.

I am giving it 50 A$ to buy a trade license.
#transfer Rex Mundi, RexBank: 50 A$

As sole member of RexBank, I propose and authorize its purchase of a trade
license.

I am giving it 619 A$. I believe this is my current total. If not, I will
give my current total.
#transfer Rex Mundi, RexBank: 619 A$: To Rex Mundi's account.
New account created for Rex Mundi. 20 A$ deducted from Rex Mundi's account,
and immediately added to Rex Mundi's account. Balance 619 A$.

I am also giving it all my PFRex Mundi.
#transfer Rex Mundi, RexBank: 100 PFRex Mundi.
5 A$ fee from Rex Mundi's account to Rex Mundi's account. Balance 619 A$.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 22:44:48 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Game State Updates

> I believe P2123 destroys the azpiazu monster, only moments after we
> finally knew it existed

Which is a shame.  I do not believe it will be possible to build a
"legitimate" Frankenstein Monster that does not conflict with the
rules -- indeed, virtually every part I thought to add would conflict
with the fragment of the rules that was used for it, and since it will
be virtually impossible to pull the Cheez-Whiz scam again, the whole
FM rule seems pointless now.  Perhaps someone can think of a fix.

> Chalmers's starting cash is A$636 

And as more and more people create one-person orgs and tax shelter 
trinkets, the newbies will get less and less starting cash, and be at
an ever increasing disadvantage, no fault of their own.  The whole 
financial system really doesn't interest me personally, but I thought
I'd point out this problem of the current loophole surfing in case
someone else would like a go at fixing it.  My thoughts, FWIW, was
to define a quantity called "Wealth", defined with respect to each player,
that equals A$ + Tkts + Majiks + % of beneficial control of orgs and
base the starting cash on that.  As for the tax loophole and the robin
hood rule, I think it would be simpler to just remove both of them.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 22:50:56 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: trades

Guy Fawkes wrote:
 
> "Jukkasjarvi Cheez-Whiz 11sfdghsdh56"

T162 Map: Post 'Jukkasjarvi Cheez-Whiz 11sfdghsdh56' as a quoted string to
the public forum.

#transfer buried, Guy Fawkes : 4 BV

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:07:59 -0400
From: jordan james <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: CFJ 418 (Karma)

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC834E.F7495FC0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

- -----Original Message-----
From:	Malenkai [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Wednesday, June 25, 1997 11:12 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Acka: CFJ 418 (Karma)

Karma has been selected.=20

Clerk of the Courts
Wearing a headache
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 418
  Subject: Holy Harfy Headwear
Initiator: Mr. Lunatic Fringe
    Judge: Karma (selected Jun 25, 1997, 23:11h EDT)
Judgement:true

Statement:the list will not have to be released until all players have =
sent in their full descriptions of hats, why etc.=20
Yet there are people on vacation and these should be excluded until they =
return therefore if everyone who is not presently on vacation sends in =
their hat descr. Alist should be made and posted . I noticed there is no =
deadline which should be erradicated for this would allow the registrar =
to not release a list for months and also does not specify voting =
players or non voting ,it simply says "each player" so I say the =
registrar is not obliged to post every hat descr. As it comes in (if =
this is what all the ruckus is about?) but that this rule should not =
pass till a specified statement of what kind of "player" is in question. =
A deadline in which all the hats must be submitted. State exactly what =
is meant by "huge list" letter size?, a minimum amount of hats?, pages? =
And till this is eradicated the registrar, in conjunction with the =
web-harfer is not yet violating rule # 2099/0 =20

The Registrar is not not required to release a list of players ackanomic
hats until such time as every player has sent in a legal description.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe's Reasoning:

>From R2099

>Each player is hereby required to choose what they want their ackanomic
>hat to look like. They must then write a 25 line description of their
>hat, telling what it looks like and why they chose that design for it.
>Messages describing the players hat must be sent to the Registrar, who
>will compile a huge list of everyone's hat descriptions, and then make
>that list available for any player to see, in conjunction with the
>Web-Harfer.

This rule sets up a three step process.  Each player must first "choose
what they want their ackanomic hat to look like" Then they must write a
description of it and send it to the Registrar.

Okay so far, but the third step is more complicated.  The registrar is
required to compile a list of *everyone's* hat design, and release such =
a
list.  I am not authorized or even permitted to release a partial list, =
and
I do not think that speed kicks in until such time as I recieve a hat
design from *everyone*.

Now, no offense to Robert Sevin (I love this rule), but I think this =
needs
to be fixed. First though, I want to verify that there is broken, and =
that
by not releasing a list of hat designs I am not violating the rules. :)

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC834E.F7495FC0
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC834E.F7495FC0--

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:14:09 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 418 Verdict

CFJ 418 has been judged TRUE without comment.

Clerk of the Courts
Wearing a headache
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 418
  Subject: Holy Harfy Headwear
Initiator: Mr. Lunatic Fringe
    Judge: Karma (selected Jun 25, 1997, 23:11h EDT)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

The Registrar is not not required to release a list of players ackanomic
hats until such time as every player has sent in a legal description.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe's Reasoning:

>From R2099

>Each player is hereby required to choose what they want their ackanomic
>hat to look like. They must then write a 25 line description of their
>hat, telling what it looks like and why they chose that design for it.
>Messages describing the players hat must be sent to the Registrar, who
>will compile a huge list of everyone's hat descriptions, and then make
>that list available for any player to see, in conjunction with the
>Web-Harfer.

This rule sets up a three step process.  Each player must first "choose
what they want their ackanomic hat to look like" Then they must write a
description of it and send it to the Registrar.

Okay so far, but the third step is more complicated.  The registrar is
required to compile a list of *everyone's* hat design, and release such a
list.  I am not authorized or even permitted to release a partial list, and
I do not think that speed kicks in until such time as I recieve a hat
design from *everyone*.

Now, no offense to Robert Sevin (I love this rule), but I think this needs
to be fixed. First though, I want to verify that there is broken, and that
by not releasing a list of hat designs I am not violating the rules. :)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 22:37:21 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Expert App

The senate has voted unanimously in favor of granting Alfvaen expert
status in Bandwidth-Wasting Gizz.

/dev/joe
I'm on IRC, karma was too but he left, come join me.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 20:36:53 -0700
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Ackanomicon Determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Ackanomicon determination for Vynd
# based on the following (using a 46 sided die):
# 1 -15: arcane trivia
# 16-20: vile prophecies
# 21-25: inner workings
# 26-30: arcane lore
# 31-33: terrorizing pages
# 34-34: ancient artifact
# 35-36: mutation
# 37-38: dark domain
# 39-39: visitation
# 40-40: the secret
# 41-42: long lost treasure
# 43-44: doomsday
# 45-45: forbidden fruit
# 46-46: catastrophe
# Malenkai

No. of sides on every die:     46
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

     34

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/ds.html

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Fri Jun 27 20:36:36 1997
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id UAA15772 for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 27 Jun 1997 20:36:36 -0700
> Received: from mail.itw.net(206.138.122.6) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma015770; Fri Jun 27 20:36:34 1997
> Received: from ppp181.itw.com (ppp181.itw.com [206.138.122.181]) by mail.itw.net (8.8.0/8.7.3) with SMTP id XAA32145 for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:36:32 -0400
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:34:16 -0400
> From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
> X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.0 (Win95; I; 16bit)
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: d
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 46
> #D 1
> #R 1
> #L 1
> #T Acka: Ackanomicon Determination
> 
> #C Ackanomicon determination for Vynd
> #C based on the following (using a 46 sided die):
> #C 1 -15: arcane trivia
> #C 16-20: vile prophecies
> #C 21-25: inner workings
> #C 26-30: arcane lore
> #C 31-33: terrorizing pages
> #C 34-34: ancient artifact
> #C 35-36: mutation
> #C 37-38: dark domain
> #C 39-39: visitation
> #C 40-40: the secret
> #C 41-42: long lost treasure
> #C 43-44: doomsday
> #C 45-45: forbidden fruit
> #C 46-46: catastrophe
> #C Malenkai

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBM7SG1D8NitsTFjcVAQG3rgP/WzoI1fKLYo5qGFy4tGe+N2XZZ+wZpmO7
ETWkIlDt/IayEFGOe93ZEpsQBmJxVoLUC0eO4uFjHqzAep31aL9SKfb6Tyd3Nwoh
sD08GJcP7qoQLAw6Fc7ZZGZH44nR+OKjj2+TAhOX2yH2J7yS0XW/y323DUaDUQmd
LPDkayG2W/8=
=XNNu
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:42:01 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Beldin's Pants

The Beldin's Pants rule eats Nonentity 137 in the Museum,
as the Museum is still the reciever of Beldin's Parka, even
though that no longer exists.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 20:51:44 -0700
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Gadget determination

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# I am using the dice server to determine Vynd's Gadget (broken as approp)
# based on the following (using a 20 sided die):
# 1) Electronic Potato
# 2) Scroll of Crumble
# 3) Blue Thing
# 4) Whamiol
# 5) Vending Machine
# 6) Pyraic Frobnotzer
# 7) Automatic Scuplture
# 8) OMCL
# 9) Grav. Monopole
# 10) Evil Ballot Stuffer
# 11) JMCL
# 12) Book of Chorg
# 13) PMW
# 14) BV add on
# 15) MTAD
# 16) Gimme Shelter
# 17) Oscar
# 18) Cheez-Whiz (lol)
# 19) Pulse Laser
# 20) Silver Spaceship
# Malenkai

No. of sides on every die:     20
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

     18

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is provided by:

      Shadow Island Games
      http://www.pbm.com/ds.html

Original message follows:
> From [email-masked]  Fri Jun 27 20:51:30 1997
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by xkey.com
>       id UAA15985 for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 27 Jun 1997 20:51:30 -0700
> Received: from mail.itw.net(206.138.122.6) by xkey.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma015981; Fri Jun 27 20:51:23 1997
> Received: from ppp181.itw.com (ppp181.itw.com [206.138.122.181]) by mail.itw.net (8.8.0/8.7.3) with SMTP id XAA00082 for <[email-masked]>; Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:51:21 -0400
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:49:05 -0400
> From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
> X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.0 (Win95; I; 16bit)
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: d
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> 
> #P [email-masked]
> #S 20
> #D 1
> #R 1
> #L 1
> #T Acka: Gadget determination
> 
> #C I am using the dice server to determine Vynd's Gadget (broken as approp)
> #C based on the following (using a 20 sided die):
> #C 1) Electronic Potato
> #C 2) Scroll of Crumble
> #C 3) Blue Thing
> #C 4) Whamiol
> #C 5) Vending Machine
> #C 6) Pyraic Frobnotzer
> #C 7) Automatic Scuplture
> #C 8) OMCL
> #C 9) Grav. Monopole
> #C 10) Evil Ballot Stuffer
> #C 11) JMCL
> #C 12) Book of Chorg
> #C 13) PMW
> #C 14) BV add on
> #C 15) MTAD
> #C 16) Gimme Shelter
> #C 17) Oscar
> #C 18) Cheez-Whiz (lol)
> #C 19) Pulse Laser
> #C 20) Silver Spaceship
> #C
> #C Malenkai

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBM7SKTz8NitsTFjcVAQEpcgQAxNn6hLvVdGcRy84Zkp+CXaEbYPrh9GdI
cgQ4GgnOvdX3kk+g6mAzflnNAiat6MJqkTbn64mINL1qnDqLQQ/CFGFswgsjAFCQ
UJVbtcYvJBKJM76xU+yybdZDBykPySa4fRBLqWxtAEXg2KN6qWCUqagaQTzyx06L
nU/XRahwLq8=
=ia20
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 22:15:10 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CSRR

> This doesn't happen until the prez formally announces the opening
> for the office.
	I apologize; I've been wrapped up in trying to get stuff
working around here.
	A Nomination for the office of CSRR begins now.

- -- 
Mohammed
When a parakeet talks, hordes of Americans from Hell listen.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 22:30:06 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Frankenstein Treasure

(Frankenstein treasure map part)

I have mentioned a type of junk food (such as Cheez-Whiz) in a public
message, while at someone else's house.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 00:31:02 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Politeness Moons

Politeness Moon results:

/dev/joe: "It was not Polite" by a 10-3 margin.  /dev/joe loses 3 pts

Malenkai: "It was Polite" by an 8-5 margin.  Malenkai receives the nickname
of "Jazz Jackrabbit" for the next 3 days.

Alfvaen: "It was Polite" by a 5-2 margin.  Alfvaen receives the nickname
of "Jazz Jackrabbit" for the next 3 days.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 22:42:34 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  I lied

Sadly, the bot is indeed down.  Way down.

I'll work on it until it goes, though.  Thanks for your enormous
patience.

- -- 
Mohammed
A queen eloped with lions from Honduras.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #168
*******************************