Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #157
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Monday, June 23 1997         Volume 02 : Number 157

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 00:13:27 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Senate Appointment

I am appointing Niccolo Flychuck acting senator for ThinMan.
There are a few Internomic proposals to vote on, and the
Commission d'Arts stuff to rubber stamp.  If one of the other
Senators could update Niccolo, that'd be cool.

Malenkai
Speaker

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 00:21:23 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe (Antimatter)

Antimatter has found Phoebe

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 00:24:15 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 136 Verdict

CFCJ 136 has been judged TRUE.  Public apology of 13 lines is the
penalty.

Clerk of the Courts
Wearing a Men Without Hats logo
- --------------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Criminal Judgement 136
  Subject: Illegal Dueling
Initiator: Robert Sevin
    Judge: Vynd (selected Jun 18, 1997, 21:51 EDT)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

Robert Sevin has committed a Crime.

Robert Sevin's Reasoning:

At approximately 10:08pm Central time on June 17, I officially announced a
duel between Alfvaen and /dev/joe. At 10:57pm Central time on June 17, I
sent an identical copy of the same message. Since the duel had already been
declared, my second message was a Crime (I was not authorized by Alfvaen to
initiate a second, identical duel).

Suggested penalty:

a DEDUCTION of 1,000,000,000 points
and
a FINE of A$5
and
a SENTENCE of 2 days in the Gaol
and
a TRANSFERENCE of the Adhesive Capital H
and
a PUBLIC APOLOGY of 3 lines

Vynd's reasoning:

The first question here is, of course, did the events described above
actualy occur?  I have satisfied myself that they did (OK, OK, I remember
it happening).  Rule 1215 Duels clearly describes the procedure through
which Challenges to a duel may be given.  The first step is for the
Challenging player to find someone else to be their Second.  Only after a
Second has been chosen may he post a Challenge on behalf of the
Challenger.  Clearly then, Robert Sevin broke the rules by sending out an
unauthorized Challenge.  Actually, since it was impossible for him to send
a real Challenge, that message "never happened," but even trying to send
it was still a Crime.

In light of the serious nature of the Crime, and the history of Mr. Sevin.
I have no choice but to sentence him to:

A DEDUCTION of 0 points.

and

A PUBLIC APOLOGY of 13 or more lines.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 00:32:37 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Witchhunts

The votes were 7-6 in favor of BURN THE WITCH against Vynd.
The You can call me Al witchhunt is cancelled.

Jun 23 00:31 EDT: -10 Vynd: burn the witch

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 23:44:26 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Public Apology 

>CFCJ 136 has been judged TRUE.  Public apology of 13 lines is the
>penalty.

I am sorry for committing the crime, and I am even more sorry that I didn't
have to sacrifice one billion points due to it's heinous and terrible
nature. The lack of discipline and punishment in our justice system is
frankly a disappointment to me, and to any law-abiding member of Ackanomic.
To think that a vile criminal, a sociopathic villain such as myself can go
free after performing such a crime with nothing more than a slap on the
wrist...it boggles the mind. As I compose this sincere apology for my
transgression, I can't help but fear for the future of Ackanomic. Surely it
will degenerate into an anarchy, not unlike the world depicted in the Mad
Max films, where justice will be meted out by burly men like Mel Gibson who
are heavily armed and have strong Australian accents. We could prevent this
foul fate by doing our part now to stamp out crime, and the only way to do
that is to be more harsh in our enforcement of the laws. I am truly sorry
for committing my crime, but is apologizing sufficient to make up for my
wrong-doing? I think not. I will not rest until I am adequately punished for
my crime. I can't sleep at night knowing that criminals such as myself are
allowed to walk our fair streets, to visit the Cow Town Hotel as a free
citizen. This is not right! I demand justice. This is a call to arms to all
of Ackanomic! Stand up and be counted!

I hereby appeal CFCJ 136, paying any necessary fees to do so. I hope that
the TRUE sentence will be upheld, and that I will be given a more severe
punishment.

Robert Sevin,
Filthy Criminal

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 00:44:57 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Potato + Aliens

Niccolo Flychuck receives the Magic Potato.

The aliens abduct rule 1309 again.  Fortunately that will not
change the game state or the way the game is played.

Malenkai
Speaker

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #157
*******************************