Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #145
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Wednesday, June 18 1997       Volume 02 : Number 145

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:02:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: D'Arts

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Aaron Humphrey wrote:

> 
> In the thread where the Commission D'Arts is in session, I would like to
> humbly suggest Vynd's Phoebe post, which I still get a kick out of every
> time I read it.

Whew!  I was afraid I was going to ahve to suggest it myself....

                                      - Vynd

[email-masked]

> 
> 
> --
> --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
> Song In My Head--The Hooters:Seven Days A Week
> Current Book--Jo Clayton:The Snares of Ibex
> Who was that I saw you with leaving my body last night?
>    [The Singing Fools, "Fly By Night"]
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 22:08:01 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Duel Challenge (/dev/joe) 

/dev/joe, I have the honor to serve as Alfvaen's second, and I hereby
announce that you, /dev/joe, are challenged to a duel by Alfvaen. I am
instructed to tell you that you are challenged for the following reason:

On behalf of the Arts and Antiquities communities, whom you so greatly
offended by destroying all those artfully hand-crafted trinkets(including
The White Tent The Raft)only last week, to create a number of somewhat less
artfully bulk-crafted trinkets this week.  Your ashes will know they've
been in a fight after this one!

You have been challenged.

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:19:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Missing message

I seem to have missed the message with the results on Proposal 2058 (?).
The Universal Constants thing, anyway.  For whatever reason, I seem to
have gotten confused and thought that it failed, but recent messages by
other people are leading me to think otherwise, so I figured I would ask.
If there have been any messages sent out to the main list that should be
important to me for some reason (like a CFJ I have to judge), someone
please let me know.  I wish I knew where this problem was coming from....

                                  - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:24:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Missing message

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:

> 
> I seem to have missed the message with the results on Proposal 2058 (?).
> The Universal Constants thing, anyway.  For whatever reason, I seem to
> have gotten confused and thought that it failed, but recent messages by
> other people are leading me to think otherwise, so I figured I would ask.
> If there have been any messages sent out to the main list that should be
> important to me for some reason (like a CFJ I have to judge), someone
> please let me know.  I wish I knew where this problem was coming from....
> 

Err.  I've also just noticed that my big, huge, literature RFC that I sent
out last night never seemed to get back to me on the main list.  So I
guess I'd like to know if anyone else saw it (perhaps I sent it to
something else by mistake, god help me).

> 
>                                   - Vynd
> 
> [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 21:26:15 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Missing message

> Err.  I've also just noticed that my big, huge, literature RFC that I sent
> out last night never seemed to get back to me on the main list.  So I
> guess I'd like to know if anyone else saw it (perhaps I sent it to
> something else by mistake, god help me).

I did see the literature RFC.  And I'm almost dead positive that "Universal
Constants" did not pass, and lingers on only because of its mention in
"Amung Gods".

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--The Offspring:Smash
Current Book--Jo Clayton:The Snares of Ibex
I trust my fingers about as far as I can throw them.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 22:57:17 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Duel Challenge (/dev/joe) 

/dev/joe, I have the honor to serve as Alfvaen's second, and I hereby
announce that you, /dev/joe, are challenged to a duel by Alfvaen. I am
instructed to tell you that you are challenged for the following reason:

On behalf of the Arts and Antiquities communities, whom you so greatly
offended by destroying all those artfully hand-crafted trinkets(including
The White Tent The Raft)only last week, to create a number of somewhat less
artfully bulk-crafted trinkets this week.  Your ashes will know they've
been in a fight after this one!

You have been challenged.

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 22:58:14 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Duel Challenge (/dev/joe) 

At 10:08 PM 6/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>/dev/joe, I have the honor to serve as Alfvaen's second, and I hereby
>announce that you, /dev/joe, are challenged to a duel by Alfvaen. I am
>instructed to tell you that you are challenged for the following reason:

Sorry about sending this twice. It should only have been sent once.

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 20:55:22 -0700
From: **Alexandre Muniz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Exquisite Treasure

Aaron Humphrey wrote:

> 
> "This Ackanomic-inspired pangram contains one a, twelve b's, six c's,
> nineteen d's, five e's, zero f's, two g's, seven i's, one j, twenty-seven
> k's, thirteen l's, ninety-nine m's, three n's, four o's, six p's, twelve
> q's, four r's, eighteen s's, nine t's, one u, one v, eleven w's, one x,
> three y's, and twenty-four z's."

Hmm, looks like the pangram stuff is in chapter 3 of Metamagical 
Themas, and Nomic is in chapter 4. Coincidence? I think not. The self 
replicating ideas are conspiring to enslave our minds!

**two-star
Have You Hugged Your Television Today?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:22:46 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: New Harf Party Member (karma) 

The Harf party has unanimously voted to admit karma to its ranks. Please add
karma to the appropriate mailing lists. Welcome aboard!

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #145
*******************************