Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #137
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, June 14 1997        Volume 02 : Number 137

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 13 Jun 1997 16:52:54 CST/CDT
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: an interesting string 

I have an interesting string to quote:

"Jukkasjarvi Cheez-Whiz 1156"

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 19:51:49 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 406 (Lunatic Fringe)

CFJ 406 has been assigned to Lunatic Fringe.  This CFJ was submitted
before mr cwm went on vacation.  I also note that ThinMan is now
acting justice in mr cwm's stead, and there are a few CFJs in the
appeal queue.

Clerk of the Courts
Wearing a Silly Vacation Hat
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 406
  Subject: CFJ 394 revisited
Initiator: mr cwm
    Judge: Lunatic Fringe (selected Jun 13, 1997, 19:51h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

A judge returning a verdict of TRUE on a CFCJ with the statement "mr cwm
has broken the rules" is a game action appearing equally legal and
illegal.

mr cwm's Reasoning:

This is the same statement as CFJ 394, the Judge's reasoning in which,
although setting a precedent for an extremely useful category of
statements, namely, the indeterminate, I find rather unsatisfying in that
it does not address the problem at hand.

Consider that reasoning:  it declares the CFJ FALSE because the statement
published in is is not untrue, but is, rather, indeterminate.  But what
happens if we accept that the statement is indeterminate?  Why, it must be
untrue, since it claims to be untrue, but we have just accepted it as
indeterminate.  So if it is indeterminate, it must be untrue, and by the
same reasoning presented in the initiator's reasoning of that CFJ, if it
is untrue it must be true, etc.

Really, though, I didn't get to know the Chartreuse Goose very well before
it left for Bascule's.  I've got a nice room prepared for it, now.

"This is a Paradox Win CFJ"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 19:57:17 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: an interesting string

> I have an interesting string to quote:
> 
> "Jukkasjarvi Cheez-Whiz 1156"

Guy Fawkes has found treasure 156.  The map was:

T156 Map: Post 'Jukkasjarvi Cheez-Whiz 1156' as a quoted string to
the public forum.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 03:03:03 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka : Proposal 2069

A resounding frivolous yes.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 16:44:00 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Misc: What Phoebe Says 

"Mr. Finger!!  Hey you, Mr. Lunatic!"

I heard that little voice, and turned around, but there was nothing there.
What is this, I thought to myself?  Am I being haunted by an undead?  Are
my ears still ringing from the chewing of the Anti-Gumball?  What could I
possibly be hearing?

I took a step into the shadows, but still I couldn't see anything.  The
sickening metallic crunch under my boot, though, soon led me to understand
the phenomenon.  I was being addressed by none other than Pheobe, the
infamous steel flea.

I lifted my boot off of her carcass, and peeled her from my sole.  She was
battered, and crunched, and she didn't look to well.

"Mr. Finger, er, Fringe," she said, "You have greivously injured me though
I know you didn't mean to.  Only one thing can save me now."

"Tell me what you need, Pheobe, and I will save you." I said to the flea,
now fading fast.

"I need you to stop alliterating, Mr. Fringe.  I need you to stop
alliterating and I need some processed cheeze product to mend my aching
exoskeleton."

"I have just the ticket, Pheobe.  You're going to be okay."

I reached into my pocket and pulled out some "Jukkasjarvi Cheez-Whiz
342545" to spread on her metallic shell.  However, when I looked down, she
was gone.  All I heard was a fading voice in the wind saying "Whatever you
do, Mr. Fringe, watch where you step."

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 22:32:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: ACKA: BWG Revocation

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Phil Ackley wrote:

> I withdrawl my call for the revocation of malenkai's expert status in the
> matter of BWG.
> 
> Mr. Lunatic Fringe

Actually, there was nothing legaly binding about your call for revocation
in the first place.  The Senate is not required to take the matter up
just because you asked us to, as nothing in the rules says that it is.
Your call for expertese revocation was meerly taken as a suggestion.

                            - Senator Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 22:39:15 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka

rfc

Let there be a toofairy. A magical winged lady with a wrenching pliars will
have to be consulted once evey six months for proper dental care for a fee
of as yet to be determined A($) or trinket of equal value from the date the
proposal is passed, if passed. failure to consult the toofairy on the
required date results in an enormous overbite requiring 2x the yet to be
determined A($)'s to be paid. if a player so wishes they may voulentarily
have all their teeth extracted by the toofairy's wrenchin' pliars but may
neever again use the letters t. l. or s in the wording of  a cfj or cfcj
making their judgements laughable. This toofairy will randomly be occupying
players residences as determined by the dice roller (if there is one)
making A($) payable to that player at consulting times. the toofairy may
also help reattach a residence that is dangling by a suction cup.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 18:31:53 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 406 (Lunatic Fringe) 

>CFJ 406 has been assigned to Lunatic Fringe.  This CFJ was submitted
>before mr cwm went on vacation.  I also note that ThinMan is now
>acting justice in mr cwm's stead, and there are a few CFJs in the
>appeal queue.

I decline this one.

Mr. Lunatic Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 23:05:14 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 395 Verdict

CFJ 395 verdict of FALSE has been upheld by the SC (breadbox, mr cwm)

Jun 13 23:03 EDT: -25 Red Barn: Friviously bothering the judges (CFJ 395)

#award : mr cwm : -4 A$ : tardy CFJ 395
#award : breadbox : -4 A$ : tardy CFJ 395

Clerk of the Courts
may or may not be Wearing a Silly Vacation Hat
- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 395
  Subject: Cheap Trinkets
Initiator: Antimatter was Here
    Judge: You can call me Al (selected Jun 03, 1997, 8:51h EDT)
Judgement: FALSE
   Appeal: FALSE

Statement:

Antimatter was here spent a total of A$1 creating the 100 Really Cheap
Trinkets.

Antimatter was here's reasoning:

Rule 506 does not prevent the creation of trinkets with a value of less than
A$1. Since I created all of these trinkets simultaneously, the transfer is
obviously made simultaneously. Rule 505 would then round it up, except it is
already exactly A$1.

Also, the R506 takes precedence over R505 due to a clause in R505, so it is
possible that no rounding takes place in the creation or destruction of
trinkets anyways.

You can call me Al's Reasoning:

I decided to give this one a shot - it wasn't as user-unfriendly as the
other CFJ's I've been handed lately! :vp But the problem, as AwH states it,
is that there's nothing in the rules that says that decimal values can't be
used. However, rule 505 says (my emphasis):

"IV. No Ackapennies:

     A$ may not be broken into fractional AckaDollars. If the Rules specify
a transfer should be made that
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
includes a fractional reckoning of A$, the transaction will instead be
conducted in an integer number of A$, and the rounding shall be in favor of
the Player or entity receiving A$. "

Also, each entity has to be unique. This creation, as I see it, does not
create a "batch", but 100 unique entities. Each one is a transfer, as I see
it, of A$.01...so it would seem that each one needs to be rounded up to A$1.
If I'm wrong, then so be it. But I'd rather not see the precedent of an
obvious rule break being set. There are no Ackapennies - each Trinket's
price is A$1 or more.

That's it? That's it.

Appealer's Comments: [none]

Supreme Court's Reasoning:

Antimatter was here wants to have 100 separate trinkets, and at the
same time wants the Treasury to treat them a single entity when e
creates them. The fact that the sum total of Ackadollars transferred
at the end of the operation is integral does not alter the fact that
Ackapennies would have to be involved to create any of these trinkets.

Rule 506 says: "A player may create a Trinket by publically announcing
its name, description, and value...". If the rule had allowed a player
to create "one or more" trinkets, the Court might have had to
reconsider. As it stands, nothing in the rules encourages the view
that the action in question would not require 100 discrete steps.

Finally, the Court wishes to note in the reasoning of the original
judge, it was hypothesized that the trinkets would be succesfully
created with a value of A$1 each, based upon Rule 505. The quoted
clause, however, refers to transfers specified by Rules, not
players. The Court finds it more likely that the attempted creations
simply fail to occur.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 23:16:43 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 393 Appeal Verdict

The Supreme Court (breadbox, mr cwm), has overturned CFJ 393 to
TRUE.

Jun 13 23:14 EDT: -10 two-star: overturn CFJ 393

#transfer /dev/joe,Guy Fawkes : Large Wooden Block
#transfer buried,/dev/joe : Vending Machine

Its also possible the OMCL breaks.

Clerk of the Courts
- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 393
  Subject: OMCL Trade
Initiator: /dev/joe
    Judge: two-star (selected Jun 02, 1997, 7:36h EDT)
Judgement: FALSE
   Appeal: TRUE

Statement:

  /dev/joe did not in fact accept a trade of his vending machine for
  a Large Wooden Block, but was in fact a victim of an Orbital Mind
  Control Laser.

/dev/joe's Reasoning:

See Mohammed's message:

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 22:08:51 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
To: Ackanomic <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  steal!

I am powering up my Orbital Mind Control Laser.  The zap-ee
is... /dev/joe.  I am zapping /dev for the trade Guy Fawkes recently
offered:  the Large Wooden Block for a Vending Machine.

This means the Add-On becomes unstrapped.

two-star's Reasoning:

It has been remarked, of late, that the acceptance
of a verdict can have interesting consequences, even if the verdict is
overturned, as I expect this will be. I do believe I am party to a scam,
in this case.

Appealer's Comments: [none]

Supreme Court's Comments:

Although the Court does not necessarily disapprove of "scams",
nevertheless it must look upon misuses of the judicial system with the
utmost seriousness.

Or, in other words: nothing personal, but ...

Penalty to the original judge: 10 points.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 23:19:19 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 405 Verdict

CFJ 405 has been judged FALSE.

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 405
  Subject: Lost Trinkets
Initiator: two-star
    Judge: Alfvaen (selected Jun 11, 1997, 20:21h EDT)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement:

   Inky Bloater Decoy 6 is Somewhere Else.

two-star's reasoning:

    I believe it was stated when I lost this trinket that it was
transfered to the treasury. While trinkets generally act as named
bundles of A$, this is one case where that does not hold.  Rule 505,
section III states: "Whenever the Rules specify that a Player should
lose A$, and do not indicate where those A$ should go to, or specify
that they should be destroyed, they shall go to the Treasury instead."
There is, however, no analogous sentence for trinkets in Rule 506
(Trinkets), nor anywhere else I could find. Therefore Rule 500.2 comes
into play:  "At any given time, each ownable entity is either owned by
one named entity or Somewhere Else (unowned)."
   Rule 940 (Beldin's Pants) currently states: "The creator of Beldin's
Pants loses 1 Trinket every Thursday at noon." I take this to mean that
I cease to own any trinket lost in this manner, and it goes Somewhere
Else by 500.2. (The upshot of this is that if this CFJ is judged true,
we have a very small leak in the economy that should be patched.)

Alfvaen's reasoning:

Rule 505, section II states : "The Treasury is a named, unownable entity
that serves as a storing house for entities that belong to no Player,
except for those entities for which the rules explicitly state are not in
(or considered to be in)the Treasury."  (Exceptions to this seem to include
the Evidence Room, the Museum, and Buried Treasure, of course.)

Now, there is nothing in Rule 506 to make Trinkets an exception to this
Rule.  However, it does also say that a Trinket is transformed into money
when its owner publicly announces it, and as far as I can tell fails to
announce any other conditions.  Interesting, though, section VI of Rule 505
mentioned that, while any non-mimsy Tradeable entity that a player owns can
be donated to the Treasury, a Trinket "is transformed into its value in A$
upon donation".

Rule 500.2 indeed states an entity which is not owned by any player must be
Somewhere Else.  I note that the only entities in the Rules that are ever
referred to as being Somewhere Else are entities like the Chartreuse Goose,
the Great Trombone, Beldin's Pants, etc.  I would contend that game usage
seems to be that Somewhere Else is somehow reserved for such unique
entities, even if this is stated nowhere in the Rules.

I believe it was contended on the public forum that the Treasury and
Somewhere Else are synonymous.  I think that it is possible that they serve
the same function, but may nonetheless still be regarded as distinct.  On
the other hand, entities that are Somewhere Else tend not to be explicitly
described as "not in the Treasury", so perhaps the two overlap, though
the Treasury being a larger set than Somewhere Else is perhaps more likely
than the two being entirely identical.

So it seems that either the "lost" trinkets are either in the Treasury, or
Somewhere Else, and the latter case seems to imply the former.  While it is
not stated what happens to trinkets in the Treasury, I find the donation
rules interesting, in that trinkets are different from other entities in
what happens to them when they go into the Treasury.  I think that game
custom may be in favour of the interpretation that when any trinket goes
into the Treasury, it is converted back to A$.

Thus I believe that the "lost" trinkets have gone into the Treasury, and
there been converted back into Ackadollars.  Thus they no longer exist, and
are certainly not Somewhere Else, which is reserved for entities that
exist.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 23:25:10 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 406 (Vynd)

CFJ 406 has been reassigned to Vynd.  The die was in a bad mood --
it took 9 rolls before an eligible judge was rolled.

Clerk of the Courts
Wearing a Silly Vacation Hat
- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Judgment 406
  Subject: CFJ 394 revisited
Initiator: mr cwm
    Judge: Lunatic Fringe (declined)
2nd Judge: Vynd (selected Jun 13, 1997, 23:24h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

A judge returning a verdict of TRUE on a CFCJ with the statement "mr cwm
has broken the rules" is a game action appearing equally legal and
illegal.

mr cwm's Reasoning:

This is the same statement as CFJ 394, the Judge's reasoning in which,
although setting a precedent for an extremely useful category of
statements, namely, the indeterminate, I find rather unsatisfying in that
it does not address the problem at hand.

Consider that reasoning:  it declares the CFJ FALSE because the statement
published in is is not untrue, but is, rather, indeterminate.  But what
happens if we accept that the statement is indeterminate?  Why, it must be
untrue, since it claims to be untrue, but we have just accepted it as
indeterminate.  So if it is indeterminate, it must be untrue, and by the
same reasoning presented in the initiator's reasoning of that CFJ, if it
is untrue it must be true, etc.

Really, though, I didn't get to know the Chartreuse Goose very well before
it left for Bascule's.  I've got a nice room prepared for it, now.

"This is a Paradox Win CFJ"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 21:25:01 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka

> Let there be a toofairy. A magical winged lady with a wrenching pliars will
> have to be consulted once evey six months for proper dental care for a fee
> of as yet to be determined A($) or trinket of equal value from the date the
> proposal is passed, if passed. failure to consult the toofairy on the
> required date results in an enormous overbite requiring 2x the yet to be
> determined A($)'s to be paid. if a player so wishes they may voulentarily
> have all their teeth extracted by the toofairy's wrenchin' pliars but may
> neever again use the letters t. l. or s in the wording of  a cfj or cfcj
> making their judgements laughable.

I like this.  It's kinda harfy, as I understand the term, which is as yet
imperfectly.  I think the fee should be somewhere in the range of
A$10-A$25.  Paying by trinket is something I think should be available
elsewhere in the Rules, but since it isn't yet I'm not sure if it should be
here.

> This toofairy will randomly be occupying
> players residences as determined by the dice roller (if there is one)
> making A($) payable to that player at consulting times.

Would this be like putting quarters under pillows in place of teeth, or is
this just a means of scheduling the dental appointments?  I think the
"required dates" should be something more like "six months since the last
checkup", but there should also be a scheme for determining when the first
checkup is(after the rule is introduced), so everyone doesn't end up having
to go at once.  How about on, or six months after, the player's birthday?

And if there isn't something about putting a tooth under a pillow, there
should be.  :-)  (I think what you mean by "dice roller" is "Officer In
Charge of Random Things", although perhaps the two terms should be
equivalent, for those who don't like to type the longer one.  :-)

> the toofairy may
> also help reattach a residence that is dangling by a suction cup.

Under what circumstances?  May any two winged players announce that the
toofairy is helping them, as long as she is not tuckered out from helping
someone else?  I like this idea, but think it's possible the rule could do
without it, at least at first.  It doesn't _quite_ fit in with the rest of
it.

But I'd like to see something like this get proposed.  It would be
interesting.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--Talking Heads:Fear of Music
Current Book--Sean Stewart:Clouds End
Revenge is a dish best served...with tangy Miracle Whip!

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 22:29:24 -0500 (CDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: TMBSG 

>I request membership in TMBSG.
>
>Malenkai
>wearing a silly vacation hat

From its silent slumber, slowly stirring, TMBSG accepts the application of
Malenkai. There has been a lot of reminiscing recently and Malenkai did his
part, as he had before. As for his seemingly prolific activity, it has been
lacking during a number of interspersed breaks in his lifespan. The activity
is mostly official have-to-send messages anyway. There is no denying that
his endurance as an active player has lasted a long time, more so than
average, he just has a shorter winter hibernation. But with age and wisdom
comes an appreciation of the peace and quiet only passive dormancy brings,
knowing one has served Acka well and may now savor the resulting fruits.

Talking of fruits, wasn't the Amber Banana our first fruit? It became one
year old on the 4th of this month, soon to be followed by the right handed
grapefruit, which is one year old *today* exactly. A most auspicious date
this is. Last June was one fruity month.

Calvin "talk and talk" Hobbes

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 04:30:39 +0000
From: "Bascule" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka

> rfc
> 
> Let there be a toofairy. A magical winged lady with a wrenching pliars will
> have to be consulted once evey six months for proper dental care for a fee
> of as yet to be determined A($) or trinket of equal value from the date the
> proposal is passed, if passed. failure to consult the toofairy on the
> required date results in an enormous overbite requiring 2x the yet to be
> determined A($)'s to be paid. if a player so wishes they may voulentarily
> have all their teeth extracted by the toofairy's wrenchin' pliars but may
> neever again use the letters t. l. or s in the wording of  a cfj or cfcj
> making their judgements laughable. This toofairy will randomly be occupying
> players residences as determined by the dice roller (if there is one)
> making A($) payable to that player at consulting times. the toofairy may
> also help reattach a residence that is dangling by a suction cup.

Karma

The problem with this proposal is that it doesn't do much. A random 
player will get cash for doing nothing, and everyone must remember to 
pay their dental fees, and that's about it. It would also create 
extra bookkeeping for little added value. Not all of Acka's rules do 
anything much, but proposals like this one rarely pass nowadays. The 
next question might be "OK - so what should it do?" and that's a 
toughie. But it needs some sort of point to it besides the endearing 
tooth fairy (toofairy???).

Bascule
Who has trouble with ideas for rules too

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 21:40:42 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: TMBSG

> Talking of fruits, wasn't the Amber Banana our first fruit? It became one
> year old on the 4th of this month, soon to be followed by the right handed
> grapefruit, which is one year old *today* exactly. A most auspicious date
> this is. Last June was one fruity month.

Well, the new Amber Banana Tree will be ripe on the 20th, though it won't
be until P2199 that anyone will be able to buy Amber Bananas, or my
votes...and that'll probably be July sometime, judging by the current rate
of Proposal submission(which may or may not be typical; as someone who
doesn't satisfy any of the membership requirements for tmbsg, I confess to
not knowing.  :-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--Genesis:Trespass
Current Book--Sean Stewart:Clouds End
"I was getting the bananas.  For the sardines."  [Tim, "Noises Off"]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 23:53:17 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Hacking on 106

> The second trinket is called "your useless brain", and has a value of only
> A$8.  It looks just like your brain, but its convolutions are shallow and
> smooth.  It is very light, it isn't flat, and it's totally useless.
> 
> I am burying this [...]

This seems appropriate ;-)
 
> This leaves me with A$51.  I give A$1 to Malenkai.

You're generousity astounds me.  Clues are A$ 200, though :)
 
> I am now creating, out of the remains, the Twice Life-Sized Replica of the
> Tower of Bandwidth, worth A$617.  This trinket looks sort of like the Tower
> of Bandwidth, only larger.  The main differences are that it is made out of
> what looks like tongue depressors that used to be glued together in a
> different form but were wrenched violently apart, so that there are loose
> ends and broken splinters sticking out all over the place.  It is also
> covered in old back issues of "is", the "Steel Flea Gazette", and the "HTML
> Standard"(at least, those are the newspapers visible from ground level), in
> an ineffective attempt to replicate the Tower of Bandwidth's outer
> appearance.

I hereby nominate Alfvaen for candidacy as a fellow Expert in 
"Bandwidth-Wasting Gizz".

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:04:31 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: TMBSG

> From its silent slumber, slowly stirring, TMBSG accepts the application of
> Malenkai.

Thanks.  I'm not sure all of the red tape has been discharged to
make this official, but I'd appreciate being put on the mailing list,
if there is one, in the mean time.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 23:08:16 -0500
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Acka: Champions 

I believe I am already wearing my Champion's Cloak.  If not, I don it
now.

In honor of the Chicago Bulls victory in the 1997 NBA championships, I
turn up the speakers in the cloak to the maximum, and play some Queen.
[See the description of the cloak for the details.]

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:23:07 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Treasure 

For those of you who have held off on finding the Treasures of 
Jara, it has paid off.  I am upping the ante by burying my
Automatic Sculpture as a Treasure.

The gist of the map is (the actual map is a little more legalese like):

The first person to frink Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice from Malenkai's
Vase shall find this Treasure.

#transfer malenkai,buried 166,Automatic Sculpture

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 23:40:23 -0500 (CDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: TMBSG 

>and that'll probably be July sometime, judging by the current rate
>of Proposal submission(which may or may not be typical; as someone who
>doesn't satisfy any of the membership requirements for tmbsg, I confess to
>not knowing.  :-)

Ha! Well, yeah, it sounds pretty normal. I remember the time when the
finance stuff was being hashed out (as the first big prop, small by today's
standard, it generated replies saying it needed to be smaller). Anyway, the
plan was to create the system over a month and a half, small prop by small
prop, each one acting as a foundation for the next.

Honk when I get senile.

CnH
honking

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:41:44 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  P2051 accepted (Cleaning up those ugly craters made by the landing gear)

> Proposal 2051
> Cleaning up those ugly craters made by the landing gear

> Yes:  13    No:  6     Present:  1   ...Proposal accepted.

> those pesky aliens, which can only clutter and confuse the rules]}}

As much as I'd like to try a loophole surf here, I will refrain and
make the three word phrase in rule 207.1: "loophole surfing expert".

Would the web-harfer please silly me on the PE page :)

Malenkai
Silly

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #137
*******************************