Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #135
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Friday, June 13 1997         Volume 02 : Number 135

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 22:49:19 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Frobnotzer 

So I've got this Pyraic Frobnotzer (a wonderful little Terrorist Device, if
I do say so!), and I would like to know: is a "noun phrase" any different
from a noun?

Al, SMILING.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 22:33:07 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Bonus Vote Purcahses

The blueprint for the vending machine doesn't seem to indicate that it can't
be used while buried, but the blueprint for the bonus vote add-on says
it becomes unstrapped if either it or the vending machine changes possession
while it is strapped on.

As a result, the buried vending machine cannot vend bonus votes.

Only the 7 batches of 4 bonus votes Malenkai bought were purchased before
21:20 EDT, when the vending machine was buried.

And, by the way, could the new player (jordan james, forget your acka name)
whose mailer posts this spew at the the end of his messaages configure
it not to do so?  Thanks.

> ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC7779.424FB780
> Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
> 
> eJ8+IiIBAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAA5AQAAAAAAADoAAEIgAcAGAAAAElQTS5NaWNy
> b3NvZnQgTWFpbC5Ob3RlADEIAQ2ABAACAAAAAgACAAEEkAYA9AEAAAEAAAAQAAAAAwAAMAIAAAAL

[etc.]

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 22:46:21 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: MetaMorph and the Church of Odo on the Wormhole 

>MetaMorph: Mr. Lunatic Fringe and Niccolo Flychuck
>
>Metamorph has a web page now too and I'm working on one for TMBSG.

I hereby request membership in MetaMorph.

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 22:49:01 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ack: enough 

>       This treasure shall be found by the first player whom Guy Fawkes
>publically praises as a hoopy frood.

Guy Fawkes is just this guy, ya know?

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 22:52:08 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Frobnotzer 

>So I've got this Pyraic Frobnotzer (a wonderful little Terrorist Device, if
>I do say so!), and I would like to know: is a "noun phrase" any different
>from a noun?

Yes, a noun phrase can be something like "the scintilating duck", whereas
that is not a noun. A noun phrase, defined cheaply (and this doesn't always
work, I believe), is anything that can fit at the end of the phrase "I have
a <noun phrase>".

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 23:12:10 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 397 Verdict

> CFJ 397 has been judged TRUE, indicating the collapse of the SVH
> thread, and any designs and scoring therefrom.

CasresraC does not lose 3 points from failing to post a SVH, and
his dividend from bonds is -10 instead of -12 for the last cycle.

#award CarsesraC: 2 A$ : dividend correction for CFJ 397

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 23:26:41 -0500 (CDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: TMBSG 

>Hey, can I join TMBSG? I know I haven't been in the game for a year,
>but I will have in August. Furthermore, I've been called
>"conservative" and accused of having an "old man mentality" by players
>who've been in the game longer than myself.
>
>breadbox

It is a great pleasure to announce that TMBSG has accepted the application
of breadbox. As a distinguished Historian he has published a most excellent
report on Acka's proto-history and early History. He can probably reminisce
about the old days better than old timers themselves. He also qualifies on
all other counts.

And besides, us slumbering giants are pretty nonchalant players, always
ready to embrace precocious slumbering giants. Bascule, true to form as a
tmbsger, reminisced about the days, reminding us of when he was the mentor
to breadbox.

Ah, it was our first summer and what a sweetly crazy one too...
CnH

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #135
*******************************