Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #119
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Sunday, June 8 1997         Volume 02 : Number 119

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 07 Jun 1997 19:43:00 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka:  Purchase

Mr Nacho,  I would very much like to purchase a BV from your Vending
Machine.
#transfer -A$200 Voting Gnome,  Mr.  Nacho,  1 Bonus Vote
#transfer 1 Bonus Vote,  Mr Nacho,  Voting Gnome

Also,  how would it be possible for me to get one of those neat Add-ons?

Voting Gnome
doesn't know what e's going to do with it,  but wants one anyway

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 07 Jun 1997 19:43:00 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka:  Re: further personal info

1.  What's the best movie you've seen in the past year?

"The Usual Supspects"  with Kevin Spacey (The only downside was the end
was easier to figure out than was advertised)

2.  What's the worst movie you've seen in the past year?

"Earth Girls Are Easy"  with a young (and decidedly unfunny) Jim Carey

(Big-screen movies you've rented or seen on TV count, but made-for-TV
movies don't.)

How about Showtime?  Both the above were viewed when I visited my mother
and she still had cable.

VG

P.S.  Birhtday is 5/1/56  (you figure out the relationship)

P.P.S.  I remember the Mercury flights,  and was even in Miami for one of
those and in Orlando for two of the Gemini flights.  Watching the Apollo
11 landing on the moon was the first time I saw color TV (and the
pictures back from the moon were of course in black and white.)  Please
take note that I make no reference in this message to WHICH moon Apollo
11 landed on.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 18:10:51 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Sal

I may just have missed something, but did officer salaries get paid this
month?

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--Julian Cope:World Shut Your Mouth
Current Book--Steven Brust:Five Hundred Years After
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 20:25:29 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Azpiazu Blueprint

It is somewhat to my chagrin zat I am forced to post the Blueprint uff zee
Monster Azpiazu.  <reading from script>  "I have assembled the Blueprint
for <name>!"  Oops, I mean "I have assembled the Blueprint for Azpiazu!"
It follows in its entirety(and I sink zat you vill recognize its nature and
zee source of my chagrin).

Blueprint for Azpiazu:

All sentences that follow this one are, or describe, attributes
of Azpiazu, and they conflict with this one.

As is obfious, it is impossible to add more parts vissout zee Blueprint
becoming contradictory.  (I belieff zat I must also use a Processing Chip
to make zis Blueprint.)

#award Alfvaen: -1 PC : Azpiazu Blueprint creation

I now commence building Azpiazu.  Zis vill be completed in three days, at
vich point I will expend a furzer 0.5 PC(or 1 PC, depending on a certain
proposal in zee queue); Azpiazu vill be transferred into zee possession of
Malenkai, be avarded the honorary title of Angry Fillager, receiff a
Silfer Pitchfork, and vin yet anuzzer Cycle.

(Is zee cause uff my chagrin now clear?  Vould anyvun vish to be my second
in a duel?)

Mad Scientist, feeling used

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In The Other Room--The Phantom of The Opera
Current Book--Steven Brust:Five Hundred Years After
I was brought up to believe in nature over nurture.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 22:15:03 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Sal

> I may just have missed something, but did officer salaries get paid this
> month?

They were paid on June 2 at noon, EDT, though they may not have been
announced.

I got 25 each for bond-harfer, entity-harfer, map-harfer, postmaster,
scorekeeper, trinket-harfer, undead-harfer, and web-harfer.
Malenkai got 35 for speaker and 25 each for COTC and count tabula
mr cwm got 25 for CSRR
Mohammed got 25 each for financier, promoter, tabulator
snowgod got 25 for registrar (as Malenkai noted, the impeachment paper
  came after salaries were paid)
Niccolo Flychuck would have gotten 25 for chess-umpire had he not been
  on vacation

In case these are not yet in the bot:
#award /dev/joe: +200 A$: salary
#award Malenkai: +85 A$: salary
#award mr cwm: +25 A$: salary
#award Mohammed: +75 A$: salary
#award snowgod: +25 A$: salary

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 22:33:53 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Sal

> > I may just have missed something, but did officer salaries get paid this
> > month?
> 
> They were paid on June 2 at noon, EDT, though they may not have been
> announced.

That was what I was wondering.

> I got 25 each for bond-harfer, entity-harfer, map-harfer, postmaster,
> scorekeeper, trinket-harfer, undead-harfer, and web-harfer.

> #award /dev/joe: +200 A$: salary

And you wonder why I proposed "Salary Cap"?  :-)  It won't be long before
you can win by Rule 1319, at this rate...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--OMD:Crush
Current Book--Steven Brust:Five Hundred Years After
"Is it a party?"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 22:49:30 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Robert Sevin's House

So whatever happened with that, anyway?  Are the three intrepid winged
house-saviours still waiting for permission to reattach it?

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--OMD:Crush
Current Book--Steven Brust:Five Hundred Years After
My, the toves seem particularly slithy today.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #119
*******************************