Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #94
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, May 24 1997        Volume 02 : Number 094

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 09:15:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Last Will and Testament.

Yes, it's true, I am once again leaving Ackanmic.  This time it is
forever, I believe.

I could give the whole litany of reasons why I am doing this and why now,
but they aren't very interesting.

I apologize to all the officers for whom this makes additional work.  Some
things that I know should be cleared up are CFJ383 and the office of Mad
Scientist.  (Vote for Vynd for Mad Scientist!)

Before I leave the game, I give all my tradeable entities which it is
legal for the Church of Odo on the Wormhole to accept to the Church of Odo
on the Wormhole.

If I have any remaining tradeable entities, I grant them to snowgod.

If there is any action which I can take which would allow me to leave the
game without the creation of an Undead, I do so now.

This sentence is the sentence which removes me from the game.

You kids have fun and play nice-
IB

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 08:50:01 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Last Will and Testament.

With IdiotBoy's departure from Ackanomic, the field of eligible
Senatorial candidates is reduced by one.  Any players who voted for
him are encouraged to submit new votes.  The remaining candidates are:

Robert Sevin
You can call me Al

Regards,

ThinMan
Acting Speaker

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 08:37:57 -0700
From: [email-masked] (fnord)
Subject: Re: Acka: A call to arms

Vynd spake thusly
> 
> > > As a Senator, Crazy-French Scotsman, and citizen of ackanomic, I feel
> > > that
> > > it is my duty, painful as it may be, to call for an Inquistion on
> > > fnord,
> > > our Harfmeister.
> 
> Unfortunately, this is incorrect.  Rule 408 clearly states that if Count
> Tabula is on vacation, then the Tabulator will assume Count Tabula's
> duties.  Furthermore, it also states that the only way in which the office
> of Count Tabula can be flled is by appointment by the Tabulator.  Seeing
> as how Mohammed is the Tabulator, and warned us that he would not be
> around until, I think it was Sunday, this Inquisition was rather poorly
> timed.  Thus, I hearby retract this call for a hearing, I'll try again
> later when Mohammed is around.

Hey, I got no problems with this.  Been way *wicked* too busy to 
read the proposals and declare them Harfy, much less even vote for
any proposals.  However, since you mentioned it though, I'm hereby
officially declaring Proposal 2010 to be Harfy.  Now you got two
chances to become Harfmeister.

fnord

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 08:35:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Last Will and Testament.

Goodbye, IdiotBoy.

b

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:37:03 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Absent Officers

In my short time in Ackanomic, I've noticed that often people just aren't
inclined to go on vacation.  Malenkai did 'cause he's gone for a month, but
it seems that if someone's gone for less than a week, e's less likely to go
on vacation, even if there are things that can't be done in eir absence.
Like it's hard for someone else to update web pages that are on someone
else's site...

Anyway, I'm wondering if we should be raising the minimum vacation time,
or if people are going to bother taking three-day vacations.  Or is it just
officers, who don't want to go through the hassle of appointing an Acting
Officer if they're not gone for more than a few days?

Just some thoughts...yes, probably prompted by the fact that /dev/joe and
Mohammed have both been unofficially on vacation...  And also wondering if
someone else should be able to take over pages that are harfed by someone
who is absent.  (I mean, with two elections, an auction, and a postponed
hearing, the Current Events page might be nice...:-)

However, I tend to spend large chunks of my day waiting impatiently for
more Ackanomic email to come, and maybe this is affecting my subjective
sense of how long things should take...:-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Little Texas:Kiss The Girl
Current Book--C.S. Friedman:Black Sun Rising
Glob thinkally, loc actally.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:46:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Absent Officers

On Fri, 23 May 1997, Aaron Humphrey wrote:

> However, I tend to spend large chunks of my day waiting impatiently for
> more Ackanomic email to come, and maybe this is affecting my subjective
> sense of how long things should take...:-)
> 

You remind me of a young IdiotBoy.

IB
dead

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 11:29:40 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Joan of Arkansas

Okay, so who submitted "Joan of Arkansas" to my Random Band Name Server?  I
highly suspect it's an Ackanomian, but I can't localize the site it was
submitted from any more than "probably somewhere in Texas", which makes me
even more suspicious.

And while I'm thinking of it, how did she(and Eponimondas and nietzsche)get
the unspecified-by-Rules designation "Criminal", anyway?

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Little Texas:Kiss The Girl
Current Book--C.S. Friedman:Black Sun Rising
Bad night to sleep in a eucalyptus tree.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:28:40 -0700
From: Joshua Nave <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Absent Officers

Matt Miller wrote:
> 
> On Fri, 23 May 1997, Aaron Humphrey wrote:
> 
> > However, I tend to spend large chunks of my day waiting impatiently for
> > more Ackanomic email to come, and maybe this is affecting my subjective
> > sense of how long things should take...:-)
> >
> 
> You remind me of a young IdiotBoy.
> 
> IB
> dead

Been there, done that...

Now I spend a significant chunk of my day waiting for Rishon or Eco mail
to come.  Either way, it affects my productivity <grin>

I remember one particular Friday....

Between public and private Acka messages, I never did get off my
computer.  Idiot Boy and I were discussing the Acka economy, I was
discussing the Narfalone family with my chief Capo (who shall remain
nameless, as 'e is currently in the game -- which reminds me, with
Malenkai on vacation, the Narfalone family is ripe for a takeover.  I'd
like to see the only non voting player submit a bid for control,
m'self...) and several proposals were issued as well.  It was one heck
of an Acka day, believe you me.

Narf

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:30:36 -0700
From: Joshua Nave <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Joan of Arkansas

Aaron Humphrey wrote:
> 
> Okay, so who submitted "Joan of Arkansas" to my Random Band Name Server?  I
> highly suspect it's an Ackanomian, but I can't localize the site it was
> submitted from any more than "probably somewhere in Texas", which makes me
> even more suspicious.
> 
> And while I'm thinking of it, how did she(and Eponimondas and nietzsche)get
> the unspecified-by-Rules designation "Criminal", anyway?

I would reccomend that your read Breadbox's excellent report on the
history of Acka available off the main page.  

I wasn't around at the time, but to the best of my understanding, all
three people are one and the same.  The scam was to register 'em all,
then have the two ghosts give her all their Ackabucks.

Narf

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 11:07:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Joan of Arkansas

>> Okay, so who submitted "Joan of Arkansas" to my Random Band Name Server?  I
>> highly suspect it's an Ackanomian, but I can't localize the site it was
>> submitted from any more than "probably somewhere in Texas", which makes me
>> even more suspicious.
>> 
>> And while I'm thinking of it, how did she(and Eponimondas and nietzsche)get
>> the unspecified-by-Rules designation "Criminal", anyway?
> 
> I would reccomend that your read Breadbox's excellent report on the
> history of Acka available off the main page.  

Whoa. Thanks for the recommendation, but the Ackanomic History at this
point only covers the first six months, ending in July 1996, long
before Joan of Arkansas appeared.

> I wasn't around at the time, but to the best of my understanding, all
> three people are one and the same.  The scam was to register 'em all,
> then have the two ghosts give her all their Ackabucks.

Well, there never really was a scam, actually. The person in question
was attempting to come up with a scam, but never found one. When e
finally gave up, e had the two other players donate all their A$ to
JoA, who then confessed to the ruse and left the game.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:11:25 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Joan of Arkansas

> >> And while I'm thinking of it, how did she(and Eponimondas and nietzsche)get
> >> the unspecified-by-Rules designation "Criminal", anyway?
> > 
> > I would reccomend that your read Breadbox's excellent report on the
> > history of Acka available off the main page.  
> 
> Whoa. Thanks for the recommendation, but the Ackanomic History at this
> point only covers the first six months, ending in July 1996, long
> before Joan of Arkansas appeared.

Aha!  I had read that over even before I started the game, but I didn't the
Criminals coming up.  And I was just rereading it now, to check this.

> > I wasn't around at the time, but to the best of my understanding, all
> > three people are one and the same.  The scam was to register 'em all,
> > then have the two ghosts give her all their Ackabucks.
> 
> Well, there never really was a scam, actually. The person in question
> was attempting to come up with a scam, but never found one. When e
> finally gave up, e had the two other players donate all their A$ to
> JoA, who then confessed to the ruse and left the game.

Pity, because "Eponimondas" is a nice name.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Little Texas:Kiss The Girl
Current Book--C.S. Friedman:Black Sun Rising
He couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 11:17:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Absent Officers

> Or is it just officers, who don't want to go through the hassle of
> appointing an Acting Officer if they're not gone for more than a few
> days?

It is mostly officers, yes, and for the reason you suppose. The
current situation *is* a bit unusual. It isn't common to have so many
functional officers quietly absent.

> Just some thoughts...yes, probably prompted by the fact that /dev/joe and
> Mohammed have both been unofficially on vacation...  And also wondering if
> someone else should be able to take over pages that are harfed by someone
> who is absent.  (I mean, with two elections, an auction, and a postponed
> hearing, the Current Events page might be nice...:-)

No kidding....

HEY THERE MR. NACHO! If the Acting CotC isn't already planning on
doing this, I would like to volunteer to maintain a CotC page.
Understand, I'm not volunteering to be the one to badger players about
missed deadlines or anything like that; I'm just offering to make the
information available and keep it up-to-date as it becomes publicly
knowable.

breadbox
Justice

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 11:32:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: IdiotBoy

With oddly mixed emotions, I hereby nominate IdiotBoy to the Hall of
Elders.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:51:18 -0500 (CDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: 5 minutes to New World Order 

In deference to Mohammed, as well as all the other players, I am about to
send an RFC. I have omitted adding comments in it because I do want everyone
reading it without them. Before flaming it out and over to the other side of
Ackanomic (the topside) keep in mind that I did RFC this time. It has many
many many strong points imho.

Just a short summary.

It basically creates a whole new dimension for Acka. Actually, not just 'a'
dimension but many of them. Players who are feel that Acka has become
"stalled", or would like to try their hands at new rule sets could now do so
with the support of Ackanomic.

The proposed rule would be the bones of a giant. From it, we could start
giving entities, money, objects, etc, some scope in the child nomics of
Acka. These nomics would have not just a safety net but a share of the vast
heritage Acka has, while at the same time making Acka's heritage, history
and experience grow. And grow in small steps that can be made slowly by
players who are well versed in the fields they want to expand into the
children nomics.

I expect the RFC to be completely controversial. However, I *know* that this
could be the difference between a number of players leaving Acka unsatisfied
or staying in Acka because it provides them an infinite number of new
challenges.

Calvin N Hobbes
back from hibernation with a bang

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:55:51 -0500 (CDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: RFC: Renaissance, Rebirth, Phoenix... You Get The Picture 

RFC: Renaissance, Rebirth, Phoenix... You Get The Picture
{{ This is a modest proposal }}

AckaEnfants (hereafter called AEs for short) are part of the Game of
Ackanomic (hereafter called Acka for short). They are self-modifying games
of rules which claim Acka as its parent and considers themselves an AE. All
players in an AE must always abide by all the rules then in effect in that
AE, in the form in which they are then in effect, and interpreted in accord
with current game custom in that AE.

The rules and the game state of an AE may only be changed as described in
the rules of that AE. Actions described in the rules may only be performed,
and shall only have those effects, as specified by the rules of that AE.
Whatever is not explicitly prohibited or regulated by the rules of an AE,
however, is permitted and unregulated. Game custom, spirit of the game, and
linguistic interpretation are external concepts to AEs and are not regulated
or part of the game state of an AE.

An AE may be created by any voting player of Acka, by that player sending a
message in Acka starting with "Rejoice for an AckaEnfant is born!" and
making public the entire original rule set of that AE in the same message.
That player is considered the Founding Player of that AE. The initial rule
set of a new AE cannot be the same as that of the current or initial rule
set of either Acka or any another AE, nor can it have the same name.  Any
player of Acka is free to join an AE provided they follow the rules of that
AE to join it. If so allowed by the rules of the AE, persons not players in
the game of Ackanomic may also join the AE; this does not make them players
of Acka.

Rules of the Game of Ackanomic which claim legal scope in an AE only have
that legal scope if accepted, word-for-word, in an AE according to the
procedure set down in that AE. Rules of an AE cannot have legal scope in
Ackanomic unless the same holds true. The only exception is for this rule
which always has legal scope over all AEs. Should the wording of a rule no
longer be the same in both an AE and Acka then those two are considered
different and neither can have legal scope in Acka if in the AE, or the AE
if in Acka.

An AE is no longer a recognized AE if it no longer describes itself as an
AE, thereby losing all privileges and responsibilities associated with being
an AE. In such an event the ex-AE is now considered an AckaColony by Acka.
No rule in Acka may affect the rules of an AckaColony. No rule of an
AckaColony may affect the rules of the Game of Ackanomic. AckaColonies are
considered completely distinct nomics (but with a common heritage) and
relations with them should be established as such.

All AEs must have the following rule as their first rule, replacing <AE's
name> with the actual AE's name:
"<AE's name> is an autonomous self-modifying game of rules that claims the
Game of Ackanomic as its parent and as such describes itself as an
AckaEnfant (AE). The rules of this game will be the rule set of this nomic
and those of the Game of Ackanomic which have legal scope over AEs. The rule
set of <AE's name> may only affect its own game state and rules unless rules
in Ackanomic which have legal scope of this AE grant them a greater scope.

All players must always abide by all the rules then in effect, in the form
in which they are then in effect, and interpreted in accord with current
game custom.

The rules and the game state may only be changed as described in the rules.
Actions described in the rules may only be performed, and shall only have
those effects, as specified by the rules. Whatever is not explicitly
prohibited or regulated by the rules, however, is permitted and unregulated.
Game custom, spirit of the game, and linguistic interpretation are external
concepts and are not regulated or part of the game state.

This rule cannot be modified unless 90% of all players in <AE's name> vote
in favor of such a change, irrespective of how other rule changes are made
in <AE's name>. This rule has precedence over all other rules in <AE's name>."

This rule takes precedence over all other rules that deal with AEs or
AckaColonies.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:56:54 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: IdiotBoy

> With oddly mixed emotions, I hereby nominate IdiotBoy to the Hall of
> Elders.
> 
I support IdiotBoy's nomination to the Hall of Elders.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 14:03:12 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Renaissance, Rebirth, Phoenix... You Get The Picture

CnH wrote:

> RFC: Renaissance, Rebirth, Phoenix... You Get The Picture
> {{ This is a modest proposal }}
> 
[etc.]

I'll go for the general idea.  I always wanted my own little pocket
universe.  The details need to be sorted out, however.  I think that
the RFC can be rather much simplified while making very little
difference in the effect.  I don't have time to go into the details
right now, however.

ThinMan
Thinking about Fermat ...

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 15:04:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: IdiotBoy

>> With oddly mixed emotions, I hereby nominate IdiotBoy to the Hall of
>> Elders.
>> 
>I support IdiotBoy's nomination to the Hall of Elders.

  Oy, do I get a chance?  I third it.

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 14:11:23 -0500 (CDT)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: IdiotBoy 

>>> With oddly mixed emotions, I hereby nominate IdiotBoy to the Hall of
>>> Elders.
>>> 
>>I support IdiotBoy's nomination to the Hall of Elders.
>
>  Oy, do I get a chance?  I third it.

I support it.

Calvin N Hobbes

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:07:22 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Last Will and Testament. 

>
>
>If I have any remaining tradeable entities, I grant them to snowgod.

We'll miss you IB.  And thanks for whatever entities you have given me (if
you have given me entities).  I ack them.  And, I nominate IdiotBoy for the
Hall of elders.

Mr. Nacho

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:19:21 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: IdiotBoy 

>>>> With oddly mixed emotions, I hereby nominate IdiotBoy to the Hall of
>>>> Elders.
>>>>
>>>I support IdiotBoy's nomination to the Hall of Elders.
>>
>>  Oy, do I get a chance?  I third it.
>
>I support it.
>
>Calvin N Hobbes

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:15:13 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Absent Officers 

>No kidding....
>
>HEY THERE MR. NACHO! If the Acting CotC isn't already planning on
>doing this, I would like to volunteer to maintain a CotC page.
>Understand, I'm not volunteering to be the one to badger players about
>missed deadlines or anything like that; I'm just offering to make the
>information available and keep it up-to-date as it becomes publicly
>knowable.
>
>breadbox
>Justice

I'm short on time now.  Barely enough to do all the propoer badgering
(which reminds me...).  If you want to maintian a CotC page, though, I
would surely appreciate it.

Do want me to send you pertinent info?

Mr. Nacho
squeezed for time
sad

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 21:49:35 +0200
From: Erikk Piper <[email-masked]>
Subject: I have no vote and I must scream

Dear Ackanolics,

I tried a few days back to vote through the Acrobot, but it would not
let me past the opening screen - it did not recognize the name Eris
Discordia. My mentor can't solve the problem, and if I understand right,
Mohammed is on vacation. I want to become an active player as soon as
possible. Any suggestions on how to overcome or go around the problem in
the meantime?

Erik/s
[email-masked]
      ^^^^
(some server somewhere's leaving that out)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:42:06 -0800
From: "Ross Morgan-Linial" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: I have no vote and I must scream

Erikk Piper <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Dear Ackanolics,
> 
> I tried a few days back to vote through the Acrobot, but it would not
> let me past the opening screen - it did not recognize the name Eris
> Discordia. My mentor can't solve the problem, and if I understand right,
> Mohammed is on vacation. I want to become an active player as soon as
> possible. Any suggestions on how to overcome or go around the problem in
> the meantime?

Just enter "Eris Discordia" in the name field and leave the password blank. 
Press "make this go", and when it says you don't have a password, press "this 
button". It will mail you a password. Go back and enter that in the password 
field, then press "make this go" again.
- -------------------------------
Antimatter * [email-masked]
You have the power of negation.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 14:48:29 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: I have no vote and I must scream

> I tried a few days back to vote through the Acrobot, but it would not
> let me past the opening screen - it did not recognize the name Eris
> Discordia. My mentor can't solve the problem, and if I understand right,
> Mohammed is on vacation. I want to become an active player as soon as
> possible. Any suggestions on how to overcome or go around the problem in
> the meantime?

Been there, done that, about two weeks ago now...  Since it says
nothing in the rules about Acrobot, you could try just sending your
votes to Mohammed's email address, and then he can deal with them when
he returns.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Extreme:Hole Hearted
Current Book--C.S. Friedman:Black Sun Rising
No, Dear.  We sleep in the Garage with the Cars.  The BOOKS stay here.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 16:21:40 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Last Will and Testament.

Mr. Nacho wrote:

> We'll miss you IB.  And thanks for whatever entities you have given me
> (if
> you have given me entities).  I ack them.  And, I nominate IdiotBoy
> for the
> Hall of elders.
> 
By my reading of the rules, and absent any clarifying remarks in
snownacho's message, I think that this has to be taken as a second
attempt to nominate IB to the Hall (which, by rule, is ignored)
rather than as support of the earlier nomination.

ThinMan
Rules Lawyer

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 16:26:16 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: I have no vote and I must scream [Acka]

Eris Discordia wrote:

> I tried a few days back to vote through the Acrobot, but it would not
> let me past the opening screen - it did not recognize the name Eris
> Discordia. My mentor can't solve the problem, and if I understand
> right,
> Mohammed is on vacation. I want to become an active player as soon as
> possible. Any suggestions on how to overcome or go around the problem
> in
> the meantime?
> 
Use of the 'bot is for the Tabulator's (and our) convenience only; it
is not required by rule.  You can send your votes to Mohammed by e-mail
([email-masked]); he is legally bound to count them as long as
they arrive by the voting deadline for the relevant proposals.  It
would probably help him if you used the e-mail 'bot syntax for your
votes:

#vote (####) (your vote)

where (####) represents the proposal number, and (your vote) can be
y, yes, n, no, p, or present.

ThinMan
Acting Speaker

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 18:44:28 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Acka: Last Will and Testament. 

At 08:50 AM 5/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>
>With IdiotBoy's departure from Ackanomic, the field of eligible
>Senatorial candidates is reduced by one.  Any players who voted for
>him are encouraged to submit new votes.  The remaining candidates are:
>
>Robert Sevin
>You can call me Al

With regards to Mr. Sevin, I withdraw my candidacy for the Senatorial seat,
figuring that the ignominy of losing an election far outweighs that of
simply giving up. :v)

Al

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 18:44:30 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Acka: IdiotBoy 

At 02:11 PM 5/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>>> With oddly mixed emotions, I hereby nominate IdiotBoy to the Hall of
>>>> Elders.
>>>> 
>>>I support IdiotBoy's nomination to the Hall of Elders.
>>
>>  Oy, do I get a chance?  I third it.
>
>I support it.
>
>Calvin N Hobbes

I, too, support IdiotBoy's nomination to the Hall of Elders.

Al

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 18:54:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Last Will and Testament.

Goodbye Idiotboy!  You'll be missed. =(

                                 - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 19:04:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: IdiotBoy

On Fri, 23 May 1997 [email-masked] wrote:

> At 02:11 PM 5/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >>>> With oddly mixed emotions, I hereby nominate IdiotBoy to the Hall of
> >>>> Elders.
> >>>> 
> >>>I support IdiotBoy's nomination to the Hall of Elders.
> >>
> >>  Oy, do I get a chance?  I third it.
> >
> >I support it.
> >
> >Calvin N Hobbes
> 
> I, too, support IdiotBoy's nomination to the Hall of Elders.
> 
> Al

I also support IdiotBoy's nomination, with the utmost harf.

                               - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 19:21:37 EDT 
From: [email-masked] (Ed  Graham)
Subject: Acka:  Paradox wins (?)

It seems to me that there have been an awful lot of so-called Paradox Win
CFJ's lately that do not meet the criteria,  or barely meet the criteria
due to confused wording.

Rule 211 (Invoking Judgement) States,  in part: "C FJ's with no clear
statement, or consisting of empty statements or inherently contradictory
statements or multiple statements, in the judgement of the Judge, shall
be judged "Invalid". A statement with multiple sentences is not
necessarily disqualified; it is up to the judgement of the Judge as to
whether such submission is Invalid, as per above. "

Regardless of what a Player's comments or statements to the contrary may
be in eir reasoning,  if the wording in the CFJ Statement do not match
the criteria laid out in Rule 601 (Winning by Paradox),  then the CFJ
*cannot* be a Paradox Win CFJ.

I will be submitting a CFJ of my own to this effect very soon,  at least
as soon as someone reminds me whos the acting CotC is.  (I *think* it's
Mr.  Nachodude,  but I want someone to tell me I'm not wrong.)

Habeus Corpus

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #94
******************************