Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #69
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Thursday, May 1 1997         Volume 02 : Number 069

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:11:47 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Swingpoint report

Here the current Swingpoint totals
Niccolo Flychuck 9
Mohammed 7
When did Red Barn go AWOL?

Use them while they last.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:15:14 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Chorg determination

The good faith bit clinches this. No requirement for accuracy.
The 2 Go Fish cards are gone.
However, since I am partially responsible for the situation, I am giving
Guy Fawkes a Go Fish Otzma Card

Niccolo Flychuck

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> Niccolo Flychuck wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
> > > The ZZimsy undead thing reduced your possessions to those the Undead-Harfer
> > > listed on his page [...]
> > 
> > I disagree.  TThe Zzimsy rule said that any that any informaiton that
> > could be retrievd about Zzimsy Undead possessions would be saved, and
> > those possession would remain Haunted by the Undead.
> 
> Here is the temporary text in rule 426, 'Undead-Harfer' (see proposal 1694).
> I don't see where it says anything about any publicly knowable entity
> sticking around.  All entities haunted by undead not on the Undead-Harfer's
> list, and all entities not on the list but haunted by undead on the list
> were made ZZimsy, and all ZZimsy entities were destroyed.
> 
> /dev/joe
> 
> 
> $$
> The text in this rule enclosed in double dollar signs, inclusive, is
> known as 'This Section'.
> 
> Within a fortnight of the creation of this rule, the Undead-Harfer or
> acting Undead-Harfer shall produce a list which is a good faithattempt
> at an accurate list as specified in section a) above.  If no list
> is published within the time limit, the null list is assumed to have
> been published upon the expiration of the time limit.
> 
> [All officers shall make a good faith attempt to help the Undead-Harfer
> compile such a list.  I have some of it, and I know of one player who
> stated willingness to do the Undead-Harfer job].
> 
> Upon the contents of such a list being publically knowable, the following
> will occur in the order specified:
> 
> 1) All Undead not on the list shall be known as 'Lost Souls'.  No
> other entities shall be known as 'Lost Souls'; any such attribute is
> removed from any such entities.
> 
> 2) All Lost Souls shall stop haunting all A$s they are haunting.  Any
> other A$s being haunted, but not accounted for on the list, shall no
> longer be being haunted as well.
> 
> 3) All entities, including houses and land, being haunted by Lost
> Souls shall have the attribute of 'ZZimsy'.  No other entities, except
> as designated by this rule, shall have the attribute of ZZimsy.
> 
> 4) All entities which are not on the list, but are being
> haunted by Undead on the list, are given the attribute of ZZimsy as well.
> 
> 5) All ZZimsy entites are destroyed.  This clause has precedence over all
> rules.
> 
> 6) All Lost Souls are destroyed.  This clause has precedence over all
> rules.
> 
> 7) This rule is amended to delete This Section.
> $$
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:17:06 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Chorg determination

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Guy Fawkes wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
> 
> > > > The ZZimsy undead thing reduced your possessions to those the Undead-Harfer
> > > > listed on his page [...]
> 
> Would anybody terribly object to a proposal that restored these Cards to
> me?  Since it is publically knowable that I had them and all...
> 
> Guy Fawkes

Guy, I think this all comes down to the fact that few people trust my
record keeping :)

Niccolo Flychuck

> - --
> Bless the man who keeps these stones,
> And Cursed he who moves my bones.
> 
> ------------------------------
> 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:54:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Misc: What Phoebe Says.

To:   Ackanomians
From: mr cwm

I was relaxing in the Revolving Shed last night, thinking what a bust my
last bartending job turned out to be, which is somewhat worrisome
considering the Tardy Justice fees I'm piling up, when a little matchbox,
red and blue, and very pretty (if a bit battered), faded into sight. 
Phoebe the Steel Flea popped out, as we've all come to expect, and told me
the things she didn't tell snowgod on Monday (I'm sure you can look it
up).  Then she popped back into her matchbox, and faded out.  All in
accord with the Rules. 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 16:10:41 +0100 (BDT)
From: Matt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Our heresy laws are too liberal

Cor! I know that many people think that our heresy laws are perhaps a bit
restrictive, but just check this out - makes us look progressive! Edited
from the Daily Telegraph, 4th October 1996. 

The URL is a bit long:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk:80/et?ac=000150279249932&rtmo=336754cb&atmo=336754cb&pg=/et/96/10/4/nwee04.html

Bascule

- -------

Wee Frees face new threat over heresy charge
By Auslan Cramb, Scotland Correspondent

THE Free Church of Scotland faces the prospect of a damaging split after
rejecting a court's judgment that one of its senior preachers had been the
victim of an internal conspiracy. 

The church's Commission of Assembly ... announced it was setting up a
committee to investigate Professor Donald Macleod's alleged heresy in a
newspaper column.

Prof Macleod, regarded as one of the most charismatic preachers in the
Free Church, claimed he had once again been the victim of hard-line
fundamentalists opposed to his modernist and socialist views.

At the end of his high-profile trial, Sheriff Horsburgh questioned whether
those who plotted against Prof Macleod were practising Christianity, or
behaving a little like the Jesuits who conducted the Inquisition in the
belief that, while it was "a little bit messy", it was good for the
church.

The Rev MacLeod said the "real agenda" was that people wanted the church
to go back to its "antiquarian past" and did not like open discussion. But
he was reluctant to abandon it to "sub-Christian elements". 

The heresy allegations stem from Prof Macleod's regular column in the West
Highland Free Press. His "heresies" include: suggesting it may not matter
if women wear hats in church; visiting the Sydney Opera House while he was
in Australia; sharing a platform with a Roman Catholic; and a proposal
that Wee Frees should be allowed to sing the occasional hymn, instead of
the regulation psalms.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 16:13:22 +0100 (BDT)
From: Matt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Misc: What Phoebe Says.

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, mr cwm wrote:

> To:   Ackanomians
> From: mr cwm
> 
> I was relaxing in the Revolving Shed last night, thinking what a bust my
> last bartending job turned out to be, which is somewhat worrisome
> considering the Tardy Justice fees I'm piling up, when a little matchbox,
> red and blue, and very pretty (if a bit battered), faded into sight. 
> Phoebe the Steel Flea popped out, as we've all come to expect, and told me
> the things she didn't tell snowgod on Monday (I'm sure you can look it
> up).  Then she popped back into her matchbox, and faded out.  All in
> accord with the Rules. 

No disrespect to mr cwm, but isn't it a bit sad that this is what loophole
surfing has been reduced to in Acka?

Bascule

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:57:54 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe (Niccolo Flychuck)

Niccolo Flychuck has found Phoebe's matchbox.

Malenkai
Speaker

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 19:52:16 -2900 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Senate Vote on Internomic Props

The senate has voted unanimously YES on internomic proposals 333 and 334.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:48:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: trinket creation

I am creating a trinket with a value of A$50 called: The Ackanomic Museum
of Antiquities (Trinket).  It is a perfect life size replica of the
Museum, and all of it's contents, including Guy Fawkes.  The only
difference is that everything is much cleaner and prettier than in real
life.

#trinket Vynd: The Ackanomic Museum of Antiquities (Trinket): 50 :

I am now donating this trinket to the Museum.

#transfer Vynd, Museum: The Ackanomic Museum of Antiquities (Trinket)

                                - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 22:29:50 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: 'Round the Earth

TREASURES REMAIN LOST
malenkai, expert in bandwidth-wasting gizz
- --------------------------------------------------------------------

In accordance with the rules 'Round the Earth will publish this month.
If I'm awake in an hour and a half, it will publish next month too.

The following treasure hint has remained unsolved for a while, so we
figured a repost was in order.  7 clues so far have been posted over
the months, including possibly other Parade descriptions, Phoebe posts,
or Blueprints.

Many treasures and treasure clues can be found on the buried treasure
page at http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackabta.htm

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following describes the Parade resulting from P 1376, and said 
description is interesting:

The Parade, it began when it was getting closer to Midwinter's, a dark
cold eve, and not before long and some time ago, people marched to and
fro; Trombone music I heard.  The troupe wandered on, and I lost track
of time in my intoxicating euphoria the mushroom of the wilds gave me.

Then, of course, all of Ackanomia was really just trying to march along
to Jara's rhythm, to follow behind /dev/joe with an upbeat tempo, along
old roads, beside the tattered buildings, those the map has forgotten
'cause of thieves of time unknown before even Acka's origin.

So we followed after the Great Trombone, crawling on our knees, through
the Gaol district, some time after sunset, rather late is was, thick
in night's blackness and starkness.  Then a gnarly Gnome from the
underbrush, a Gnome that I seem to remember, happened to jump out upon
us.  I asked a bug, a Flea hidden in a grassy clearing, from whence
did obviously this Gnome come?  Untouched by repeals?  Survived for
voting, for uncounted millenia?

That was when I ran!  So rattled was I, scared and overcome by dread,
shocked by something unthinkable.  From the otherside, some ominous power
had come here and conjured some bizzare magic, resurrecting the Gnome
of Voting, bringing back that horror to this place.

The Parade did in fact, continue towards the Senate, near town center,
just somewhat north of Xanadu.  Then back the other direction, just
clearing the southern area bracketed by two Towers.  By about this time,
two monkeys, hidden in oak barrels behind some trees, joined the Parade.
Older, were these monkeys, than dirt.  I had the feeling that the
universe (or its edge), was some sort of an extension of these ancient
monkeys' conscienceness.  A statue of a monkey, made exquisitely and
beautifully of some sort of onyx, came into view.  Such monkeys are
brass statues usually, but others have just very recently been discovered
(and were rumored always to exist).

About three hours later, in the middle of the night, a dusty Codex
was found.  Codex of the Wisdom of Kra?  I opened it, but its
language being heretofore undecipherable, it really never should have
been seen here.

The Parade, it continued.  A monkey said:  "Tell me who you are.
Why then, are you here?  Is the great universe really worthy of your
presence?"  One should look at who is questioning, and shall understand
and really know to adamantly ignore the monkeys!  Quest for Tao then,
instead.

Look to the otherside, to the place whence the Ancient Ones bringing the
treasure came from.  Overlords of the Dominion of Jara they were, having
locked all scientific knowledge away from our Priests, for all the
countless millenia.  You must think only pure thoughts, for those
thoughts will come with a subtle clue, a fleeting glimpse into prime
reality...

Then a number of large frogs of gold with bronze heads joined the Parade.
Shall we consider letting even these pathetic creatures have their day?
Have a slim and none chance to accompany us to the Statue, to gaze at its
beauty?  Upon reflection, it seems, those were tough questions.

Riches are easy answers, and those Paraders with even the slightest clue
then, shall come upon such riches that they must spend them, or be
utterly and completely adorned with such, and with garish, tacky,
ostentatious headwear that they'd need constructed a 230m Tower, not
of wool or of cheese, or of ones private and very own carefully
thought out design, to store them.

One last Parade question:  Who thus goes and seeks across Acka for this
most excellent valuable treasure?   Tell me who shall do so and not then
come to be called Gheezy the Greedy?  Don't look now, but you don't
really have that much time.  At the absolute, very least, you shall
have one minute.  Not a big window, so you'll head east *fast*.

After they follow you, you should really begin to know how and why the
road winds the ways it does.  Unless, of course, you have buried
your useless brain.

Treasure, it's like Parades, in many ways.  The fact of it is they both
really, truly should lead you to know the whereabouts and the easiest
to find location of wealth.  Wealth, of course, is really such a burden,
its worth giving it away!  At the absolute very least, give all but A$50
to the Speaker.
  
As Parades wind down, they often circle and are very rowdy.  As such
frink for yourself a coke, and be proud of every last individual
Proposal you've written, they make Acka great.  Should you come to have
any doubt in their very grandeur and greatness, check what is recorded
Elsewhere in song, in prose, and in verse.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 19:15:31 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: SFG INTERNOMIC EDITION FOLDS 

I am closing down the SFG Internomic Edition do to time constraints.

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 19:18:07 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: SFG 

STeal Flea Gazette - End Month Edition
Volume 2, Issue 5

SFG INTERNOMIC EDITION FOLDS

snowgod, newspaper baron and other things, announced to day that he is
closing down our sister paper, the SFG internomic edition.  When asked why,
he announced "I don't have time to answer that question".

ACKANOMIC: OH WOE ARE WE?

Twice this week, both officially and not so officially, Pheobe the steel
flea told Ackanomic that it is in the grips of a horrible illness, and that
it has lost the will ro the desire to change.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #69
******************************