Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #29
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Sunday, March 30 1997        Volume 02 : Number 029

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 01:05:36 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Supreme Court Reminder

Just a reminder to the supreme court that the appeal of CFJ 362
is due tomorrow.

Clerk of the Courts

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 10:34:48 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Phil Speaks - 3.28.97 

At 12:20 AM 3/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I am creating a trinket called "Han Solo".  It is shaped like a man frozen in
>Carbonite and valued at $A50.  I'm offering it to You Can Call Me Al in trade
>for Phil, the tick of acerbic wit and wisdom.
>
>Narf
>-A$50, trinket creation

"You'll like it there."
"You're only saying that because you're getting a frozen half-dead gigolo
out of all this."
"He's not a gigolo, he's a galactic hero, and he's not half-dead. He's in
perfect hibernation."
"Which still leaves me living with some stranger. What if he finds out about..."
"Shh! Don't mention that. There are prying ears here. Just stick to your
trademark acerbic - "
"Yeah yeah, acerbic wit and wisdom. Gotcha. And nobody knows nothing, hear,
kid?"
"No es una problema, amigo."
"Han Solo. Pfft."
"Don't forget your box." Shrugging, I offer a hand to shake, which nearly
squashes Phil like...well, like a bug. Clearing a large space on my wall, I
settle in, knowing that soon I'll have scored a couple of uppity robots, a
big talking dog, and a brother and sister with an unhealthy attraction to
eachother. He is, after all, only a bug.

I gleefully ack this trade, knowing that we've not heard the last of Phil.
So it's:
Narf -Han Solo +Phil the Aluminum Tick
You can call me Al -Phil the Aluminum Tick +Han Solo

Hee hee!
You can call me Al
                                     __________
                                    /          \
                                   /            \
                                  |   o     o    |
                                  |    |   |     |
                             ----------|   |----------
                             -----------\_/-----------
                           [email-masked]
                             -------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 09:36:46 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: Acka:  Lucy, I'm home

I am officially returning from vacation having been gone
fourteen days.  I believe I get a silly vacation hat.

Life has been . . . interesting.  I have a big class in marketing 
promotion coming up and I had to review my business plan.
Simultaneously, my mother broke her leg, arm and shoulder
and is laid up so I've been helping out there

enough about Real Life

1.  I gather Acrobot is working again both legally and technically.
2.  The roster has really changed. Strider and Lestrade are
	gone and we have a bunch of new members.  Hi all.
	I'll finish updating the Undead page today and will 
	announce it
3.  Acka has botted (?) up. Entities and Finance are on,
	will be on, might be on a 'bot, I think.
4.  There is a proposal digest, I missed it, how do I sign up?
5.  Organization are sprouting like weeds.  I'll officially announce
	an Acka Band later today.  Hey, I even have a place
	for a HQ.
	As an question how many non aligned players
	are there?

Jammer

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 12:00:43 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Postal Code Change 105

Effective immediately, I'm changing the reply-to's on ackanomic and
ackanomic-digest to ackanomic. (this is not covered in the postal code)
Be careful replying to old messages on ackanomic -- they will still
reply-to acka-discuss and will not be valid for actions besides trades.

I'm also making the following postal code change, effective in 3 days
if there are fewer than 2 objections:
===
 Change the paragraph that begins with acka-research@wilma to read:
  "acka-research@wilma may only be used for game actions related to
   current proposals.
   acka-research-digest@wilma is the digest version of this list and is
   subject to the same restrictions."
 
 Add to the end of the paragraph that begins with acka-finance@wilma:
  "acka-finance-digest@wilma is the digest version of this list and is
   subject to the same restrictions."
===

When this takes effect, I intend to let acka-discuss mail bounce.
Please send it to acka-research or ackanomic, as appropriate.

The new structure will look like this:
 ackanomic is for anything except subgame actions
 acka-voting is for proposal and vote result distribution
 acka-finance is for trades, gifts, auctions
 acka-games is for subgame actions
 acka-chess is for party chess
 acka-research is for discussion, and stuff related to proposals

/dev/joe
Postmaster

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 21:17:47 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Lucy, I'm home

On Sat, 29 Mar 1997, John Martin Lotz wrote:
> 5.  Organization are sprouting like weeds.  I'll officially announce
> 	an Acka Band later today.  Hey, I even have a place
> 	for a HQ.
> 	As an question how many non aligned players
> 	are there?

Only Parties and Churches have exclusionary membership policies, so as
long as the Band is neither, you don't need to worry about that..
Niccolo Flychuck

> 
> Jammer
> 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 16:54:31 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe (/dev/joe)

/dev/joe has found Phoebe.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 17:36:44 EST 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka:This won't take long

Excuse me?  Pardon me?  Sorry to bother you all,  but I'll only take a
minute of your time.  Promise.

In the two months I've been away from Acka,  I know a lot has changed. 
New Players arriving,  old Players dropping out in favor of more mundane
but profitable ventures,  new Rules,  old Rules with new meanings,  and
all the other things that happen when you turn your back and don't pay
attention.

As one of the few involved who has no access to the Web,  and therefore
to those nice,  helpful pages of Rules,  Player Scores,  and other such
essential trivia,  I find it difficult even when attending to Ackanomic
happenings without a break to keep up.  Therefore,  I have a couple of
questions for the Experts:

The Rules used to exclude non-Players from making Proposals,  voting on
Proposals,  judging,  holding offices,  or having Points or Acka-dollars.
 Pretty much everthing else was allowed.  Is this still the case,  or
have further limitations (or fewer) been placed by non-Playing entities
such as myself?

Second question:  Are Silly Vacation Hats still around?  When Mr cwm
returned from vacation,  I saw no mention of eir SVH,  although I don't
know how long e had been gone and one may not have been required at this
time.  I hope this is the case,  as I really like those hats.  In fact I
like all of Acka's headware themes.  The may be rip-off of TMBG,  but
their fun anyway.

And thirdly;  can someone out there tell me what artifacts my undead is
currently haunting?  I haven't the faintest.

One last Question and I'll let you get back to the business of running
Acka.  Does anyone have a set of rules for Diplomacy that can be sent in
an e-mail text message.  My e-mail does not support file extensions,  so
it would have to be sent as the message itself.  If so,  I would like to
get in on the fun of Diplomacy as well as Acka.  It's been years since I
even tried to play.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding while I go through yet
another period of transition.

Habeous Corpus
thinking about a scam,  without the messiness of actually becoming a
Player.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 20:16:25 -0500
From: Randy Hall <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Vending Machine

The Vending Machine is complete.  I am starting an auction for it
now.  Could be useful if you have a Vending Machine Add-on.

Malenkai
Wizard

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 19:57:49 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Vending Machine

> The Vending Machine is complete.  I am starting an auction for it
> now.  Could be useful if you have a Vending Machine Add-on.
	I bid A$100 for this.

- -- Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 22:32:50 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 132 (ThinMan)

ThinMan has been chosen.

Clerk of the Courts
- ----------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Criminal Judgement 132
  Subject: Gaoling the Gaoler
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: ThinMan (selected Mar 29, 1997, 22:33 EST)
Judgement: 

Statement:

snowgod has comitted a crime.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

The irony here is too good to pass up.

The Senators went to Gaol March 26th, 17:13 EST.

- -From rule 712, Gaoler:

>      (iii) The duties are 

>            b) To publically post a description of the cell of any player
> in the Gaol. 

snowgod, the Gaoler, has not performed these duties.  Perhaps our Gaoler
has lost touch with the Gaol, and from within its walls, he will be in a
better position to do so, or at least get reacquainted with the Gaol and
acka's tough on crime custom, something his prisoners have not
experienced ;-)

Suggested Penalty:

3 days in Gaol for the Gaoler

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 00:21:40 EST 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Phoebe & Phil

If I had some Acka-dollars,  I'd create a Trinket called "Rover",  a
mangy,  patchy-furred mongrel dog totally ordinary and forgetable in
every way save one:  its fur would secrete the enzymes necessary for the
nourishment and good health of metal-based insect life.

I'd then set Rover free to wander the alleys and lesser-traveled
throughfares of Ackanomia hoping to attract Phoebe,  Phil and any other
metal insects roaming our fair land.

While Rover was roving about,  I'd Propose to create the Functional
Office of Dog Catcher,  whose duty would be to hunt down,  capture and
incarcerate any domesticated animals wandering around without a license.

Then,  just to make sure,  I'd invent (if I was lucky enough to get one
of the Scientist postitions) an acid-based bug spray to delouse Rover and
destroy the metalic pests.

These quai-inteligent nuisances are spreading very dangerous ideas
throughout the population.  Make up your own win,  indeed!  And if
Ackanomic ticks start breeding with other Nomics' ticks and they all
tried to share their *wisdom* with us,  the only survivors of the TickWar
will be the insects themselves.

Please,  please,  as Players,  it's up to you to put a stop to these tiny
terrors before the very fabric of Ackanomic is wrent asunder.  

As an Observer,  all I can do is sit back,  enjoy the show and laugh
uncontrollably at the harf that spews forth from these ingenious
creatures.

Body of the Poorly Spelled Crime

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 00:58:51 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Vending Machine 

In a message dated 97-03-29 21:37:05 EST, you write:

> The Vending Machine is complete.  I am starting an auction for it
>  now.  Could be useful if you have a Vending Machine Add-on.
>  

I bid A$150

Narf

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #29
******************************