Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #28
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Saturday, March 29 1997       Volume 02 : Number 028

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 00:05:32 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Undead Strider's Stuff (Jammer)

Strider goes to the afterlife with:
   Has 235 A$
   Has 10 PFNarf
   Has 84 BPStrider
   Has a Whamiol <A HREF="blueprints.html#WHAMIOL"><IMG SRC="images/whamiol.gif" width=50 height=50 border=0 align=middle ALT=""></A>
   Member of <A HREF="baker.html">BAKER</A>
   Has the <A HREF="http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackata.htm#042">Little Bag O' Chips C</a> (worth A$1)
   Has the <A HREF="http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackata.htm#061">Big Ole Jug of Wine</a> (worth A$5)
   Has the <A HREF="http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackata.htm#063">Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster</a> (worth A$)
   Has the <A HREF="http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackata.htm#072">IRC Trout of Slapping</a> (worth A$10)

He loses the following offices:
   Bond-Harfer
   President

/dev/joe
unofficial temporary Financier

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 01:59:58 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Mahine (ThinMan)

Due to breadbox going to Gaol, the Machine that Goes *ping* teleports
to another player's house, in this case ThinMan becomes the Scholar
of *ping*.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:36:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Machine (ThinMan)

> Due to breadbox going to Gaol, the Machine that Goes *ping* teleports
> to another player's house, in this case ThinMan becomes the Scholar
> of *ping*.

I give ThinMan the Pedestal of *ping*.

breadbox: -Pedestal of *ping*
ThinMan: +Pedestal of *ping*

I swear, that Machine is cursed. I am the fourth scholar in a row to
default.

My only consolation is that after the Machine teleported away, I was
finally able to finish deciphering the words of the Incan monkey god.
The Machine's truth was: "IF AND ONLY IF today the quantity of letters
in the date's roman numeral is a square, THEN The Machine That Goes
*ping* shall go *ping*."

breadbox
defrocked scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:08:43 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: President 

>If you would like to volunteer for the office of President,
>e-mail me.  The nomination lasts for 3 days.
>
>Malenkai

Techno for President!
snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:18:28 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Strider Leaving 

First of all, goodbye strider.  Its been fun having you around, and I hope
as always that if you ever have more time in your life you will rejoin us.
Secondly, a question.... How does BAKER stand at the moment?  Are they
disbanded as an organization?

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:24:08 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 131 Verdict

CFCJ 131 has been judged FALSE.

Clerk of the Courts
- ----------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Criminal Judgement 131
  Subject: Voting
Initiator: IdiotBoy
    Judge: breadbox (selected Mar 25, 1997, 20:59 EST)
Judgement: FALSE.

Statement:

Robert Sevin has committed a crime.

IdiotBoy's Reasoning:

Rule 106 prohibits players from having more than one vote recorded on any
Proposal.  Robert Sevin submitted votes of both PRESENT and YES on a recent
proposal.

Suggested Penalty:

A FINE of A$150 payable to the treasury

and

a SENTENCE in the Gaol of 7 days.

breadbox's Reasoning:

What Rule 106 actually says is that players are limited to one vote
per proposal. While one would expect that the reports of the Tabulator
should reflect the actual votes of the players, the fact that Robert
Sevin's name appeared twice on this report does not necessarily mean
that he tried to exercise two votes on a single proposal.

Furthermore, the testimony given by Robert Sevin and Mohammed, the
Tabulator, make it clear that Robert Sevin made a second submission to
the Tabulator in order to change his vote, which is certainly
permitted by Rule 106, and this was somehow the source of the
confusion on the report in question. There is no reason to believe
that Robert Sevin made any attempt to have both submissions counted
simultaneously as votes.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:12:30 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: [none]

> Proposal 1873
> Ackanomic Bureau of Investigation
> Calvin N Hobbes
	This was illegally distributed.  At the time there was already a 
proposal numbered 1873.
	However, according to the rules I believe all the ones after it 
were legally distributed.  That would mean I can just send this one 
proposal again, with a proposal number of 1881, and everything will be 
all right.
	I will do this; if anybody sees the need for proposals 1874-1881 
to be renumbered and resent, please speak up.  :o(

- -- Mohammed
oops

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:21:07 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1881

Proposal 1881
Ackanomic Bureau of Investigation
Calvin N Hobbes

This is a Modest proposal.

{{ Renumber this rule to 262 }}

ABI (also affectionately nicknamed Abby) is an Organization. Any Players may
be an ABI Special Agents (SA or agent for short) provided they meet the
requirements. The President must appoint a Director from any of the Special
Agents if there are any, to be Director for a term of 2 months. No SA may be
Director for more than one consecutive term.

ABI has 3 areas of jurisdiction.
1. Violent Crimes (VC)
        This deals with events that are considered Crimes under 
        the rules, finding the culprits and building a case.
2. Profiteering (PF)
        This deals with financial fraud and wrong doings.
3. Counter Espionage (CE)
        This is to investigate possible outside influences from
        other Nomics in Acka, as well as coordinating with other
        Nomics to help investigate InterNomic Crimes.

Agents are not assigned to specific areas of jurisdiction, but should always
be on the look out for any cases that would fall into these categories. Once
a problem is identified by a SA, then they should begin to build a case,
with evidence, witnesses, for the Director.

Once a SA feels he has a strong case he should give it to the Director. If
the Director does not approve it, the SA should either leave the case open
and move to another, or continue the investigation until the Director is
satisfied. Once the Director accepts a case report, then he should pass it
on to the proper authority. VC cases should go to the Supreme Court. PF
cases to the OotF. CE cases to the Senate.

Once the proper authority has accepted a case, then that case is closed.
Closed cases may be reopened only with approval of the authority concerned.
Open cases may be reopened by any SA.

To be a SA, a player must have been a Player in Acka for at least 4 months,
have committed no crimes in the last 4 months and be holding no office. A
qualifying player becomes a SA by making a public request to become a SA. An
agent cannot run or be nominated for office. An agent convicted of a crime
must resign from ABI. It is always possible to resign from ABI.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:32:13 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Trinket Creation 

I am creating a trinket worth A$15 called Phil the Aluminum Tick. Phil is a
little thing, that looks suspiciously like a certain other talking insect in
Acka. He's prone to spouting bits of poetry, non sequitirs, and sports
scores from time to time, but mixed in with his constant stream of babble is
the occasional flash of Wisdom that distinguishes him from other Ticks.

I am also creating a trinket worth A$5 called A Pillbox. It's like any other
pillbox, differing only in its remarkable contents.

Phil is stored inside his Pillbox, except when he ventures out from time to
time.

So:

You can call me Al -A$15 +Phil the Aluminum Tick +A Pillbox

(Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but this might be the
jumping-off point for a bit of silly writing on my part - always fun to
contribute to the general feelings of Harfiness in this place. And think
what would happen if Phil met Phoebe! ;v)

p.s. Anonymous Proposals -interesting idea. I like! Shame it won't come from
Malenkai, but c'est la vie.

                                     __________
                                    /          \
                                   /            \
                                  |   o     o    |
                                  |    |   |     |
                             ----------|   |----------
                             -----------\_/-----------
                           [email-masked]
                             -------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:35:47 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Land Purchases 

I am hereby requesting permission from the senate to purchase Cow Town
hotel for A$50.It has been unowned since Brinjal left the game and was
nominated into the hall of elders.  It was created in the possesion of the
then gaoler, Brinjal, my yours truly.  It is considered good form for the
Gaoler to also own Cow Town.

Aditionally, I am purchasing 2 Kaa of land for A$48 a Kaa.  The financier
only need note this second part.

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 16:20:32 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Undead Lestrade

Lestrade ascended with:
   Has 1179 A$
   Has 90 PFLestrade
   Has 3 Processing Chip <A HREF="rule900.html#R935"><IMG SRC="images/pc.gif" width=45 height=35 border=0 align=middle ALT=""></A>
   Has a Prosthetic Forehead <A HREF="proshead.html#015"><IMG SRC="images/proshead.gif" width=40 height=30 border=0 align=middle ALT=""></A>
   Member of <A HREF="markovian.html">The Church of the Markovian Dream</A>
   Has the <A HREF="http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackata.htm#047">marble pedestal</a> (worth A$15)

In other financial news, I have backed-out the donations to BAKER, since
it's been established that at the time (and still now, in fact) they were
not possible.  (Strider had not donated anything to BAKER so his undead
record does not need to be changed.)  Mohammed, are you still working on
the proposal to fix the rule for joining an organzation, or should I try
my hand at it?

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 01:52:57 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1876 - retracting

I'm retracting 1876

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:57:17 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: G&C 108 and 109

As I wrote in my reply to proposal 1876, I had questioned whether
G&C 108 and 109 existed.  Whilst I was writing the reasoning of
the CFJ, I came to the conclusion that they did, even though they
are not on the web page (someone else can CFJ it if they care).

The GamesMaster should still add these entries to the web page,
though.

Malenkai
interested in the oddest things

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 02:05:53 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G&C 108 and 109

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Malenkai wrote:

> As I wrote in my reply to proposal 1876, I had questioned whether
> G&C 108 and 109 existed.  Whilst I was writing the reasoning of
> the CFJ, I came to the conclusion that they did, even though they
> are not on the web page (someone else can CFJ it if theycare).
> 
> The GamesMaster should still add these entries to the web page,
> though.
> 
> Malenkai
> interested in the oddest things

They definitely do exist, and I'll add them to the web page.
Those actions, plus adding gaming history would probably be my last action
as GamesMaster, as I intend to resign from that office soon. The only
reason I haven't resigned yet is that the Office is in a mess and I'd like
to tidy it up before I transfer it to someone else.

Niccolo Flychuck
GamesMaster 
 > 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 18:02:33 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 364 (ThinMan)

Mar 28 18:01 EST: -3 Techno: did not respond to CFJ 364

ThinMan gets a go at it.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 364
  Subject: Farmyard Animals
Initiator: snowgod
    Judge: Techno (selected Mar 25, 1997, 11:48h EST)
2nd Judge: ThinMan (assigned Mar 28, 1997, 18:01h EST)
Judgement:

Statement:

ThinMan grabbed breadbox's donkey.

snowgod's Reasoning:

I am agreeable to either a verdict of TRUE or FALSE.  I just wanted to get
this cleared up.  I suppose it is a timing issue.  Breadbox grabbed
Malenkai's Little Lamb and ThinMan attempted to grab breadbox's donkey.  If
the events happen simultaniously, does that mean the breadbox already has
the lamb at the time thinman makes his grab attempt?

I honestly don't know and will leave it up to a judge to decide.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 19:42:34 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Phil Speaks - 3.28.97 

I was wandering out of my house to get my copy of the "Steel Flea Gazette"
when I spied something sitting on the ground. It was a pillbox, quite
mundane in appearance, but exuding a mystical aura and the faint smell of
kerosene. I gasped, partially because of the sight of a pillbox sitting in
front of the lamentably medication-free House in which I live, and partially
because an errant wind chose that moment to flit by and blow open the
stylish bathrobe with which I covered myself outside the street. My eyes
boggled, but my mind raced to a (looking back with 20/20 hindsight)
fortunate conclusion and my hands, seemingly of their own volition, scooped
up the pillbox as my legs carried me quickly (and, due to the "open for
business" state of my robe, in a manner that could only be described as
"mortally embarrassed") into the House (which is, by the way, just a stylish
as the bathrobe).

Throwing on a pair of pants (tailored in a manner keeping with the stylish
precedents set by the robe and the house), I sat down to study the pillbox.
Examining its surface, I noticed (in the inestimable "Indiana Jones" style
which I have shamelessly pirated for the purposes of this tale) that there
were strange markings etched on the outside. Being an acknowledged (notice
the fact that the word "ack" is contained therein - by the pricking of my
thumbs, something harfy this way comes) master of only one ancient language,
I figured that as far as translation went, I was deeply screwed on a truly
epic scale...real Cecil B. DeMille stuff. Completely out of luck.

Fortunately, that's the language in which the etchings were written. I
murmured the words, "That's inestimably harfy," to myself (yes, even at my
House I use this absurd style of speaking), and turned to talk to my
favorite decoration, my statue of Rene Descartes (which doesn't talk to me,
and isn't as visually stunning as my former favorite decoration, which was
stolen away from me by a woman dressed as a bounty hunter some time ago, and
which I'm still pretty pissed off about so let's not discuss it any
further...*grumble*). Rene doesn't talk back much, which is why I'm so fond
of him.

However, on this day I didn't have a chance to chat about Dualism because -
at that moment - an incredible thing happened.

The pillbox opened.

No, that's not the incredible thing. This happens all the time, even outside
Ackanomia where such things are commonplace. There are few places where
magical talking bugs are at home, but this wasn't such a big deal here. No.
The incredible thing that happened was:

Phil stepped out.

I didn't know his name was Phil, of course, since at that instant my
lifelong fear of bugs of all shapes and sizes kicked in and I tried to swat
him into oblivion. Fortunately for Phil, I'm not coordinated enough to
accomplish this on my first try. Unfortunately, however, my breakfast proved
a large enough target to suffer the fate intended for the accidental Tick.
Wiping omelette off my hand, I turned to examine the insect.

"Hello there," he said.

Somewhat impressed (and a little bit frightened) that this little bug could
not only dodge my swat of death like an Olympic gymnast, but quote lines
from popular science-fantasy morality plays of the 1970's, I stammered a
reply. It was a fortuitous one.

"Share your wisdom with me, oh wise...err, tick."

"Yesss. Wisdom. Umm, I'm Phil the Aluminum Tick. Got something to eat?" He
rubbed his thorax with a foreleg, and I swear I could hear his little tummy
rumbling. I held up my hand, with its flecks of jelly and egg, and shrugged.

"All right then. Here's something to bear in mind: If someone comes to the
Party Hall asking questions about bugs and red nylons, and maybe somebody
appears at your door someday mentioning a breakout or something like
that...you keep quiet, hear?"

I sat, stunned, and held my head (and my hand, which was beginning to smart
from bashing a good strong plate and a nicely done omelette, about which I
was still somewhat, ahh, upset).

"And maybe I can help you out sometime, Al."

"Oh. That's You can call me Al."

"Right...that's what I said."

"But...never mind."

Shrugging, I rested my head on my hands and listened as Phil the Aluminum
Tick spoke...

(Un)fortunately, I didn't take any of it down on that fateful day, as I got
somewhat sidetracked by fierce hunger and ended up sharing pasta primavera
and lamentably cheap vino with Phil, who has since taken up residence in my
(as mentioned before, painfully stylish) House and is in the process of
sub-letting his Pillbox to other Ticks of Internomic note. He's mentioned to
me, on many occasions, thoughts about a meeting to bring Ticks together who
share his dream of traveling to the heavens, to seek out the great truths of
Ackanomia. I always argue that no one would buy into "Star Tick", but he's
hard to get through to. I'll keep at it - it'd be a shame to see Phil throw
away his parallel dream, of professional dancing. Perhaps, if my "Concert"
RFC gets any review/response, or a future Proposal might bring up the idea
of a public performance forum with game-related benifits, Phil might someday
see his name in lights.

Then again, he's only a bug.

You can call me Al
                                     __________
                                    /          \
                                   /            \
                                  |   o     o    |
                                  |    |   |     |
                             ----------|   |----------
                             -----------\_/-----------
                           [email-masked]
                             -------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 19:57:11 -0500
From: H <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Swimming in the Gene Pool

So I'm there at the Institute of Genetic Replication, and I think to
myself, "Wings." I want some.

And I can afford 'em...;v)

So, it looks like:

You can call me Al -A$100 +one pair of wings

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 21:38:09 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Misc: What Phoebe Says

Sitting out on the roof of the Castle last night, gazing out at the
comet (which appeared strangely flat), I noticed a loose stone below
my feet.  Strange, thought I, that the Acka rules would allow such
deterioration of my abode.

I lifted the stone up and discovered why it was loose: somehow a small
blue and red matchbox got lodged in the roof of my home.  No wonder
the roof was leaking all over my copy of the ruleset.

I picked up the matchbox, and noticed something about the coloring
that I had not been aware of previously.  The box was banded by 2
red stripes, followed by a blue stripe then another red stripe.
Interesting that I had not noticed this before.  I ran my finger down
the blue stripe, causing the box silently slide open, and out popped
Phoebe into the clear night air.

"I've been thinking about the game and winning", said she.  "I have
some thoughts on those matters to share with you":

"I think Acka needs a new way to win the cycle, a more 
competetive-interactive game-like way to win.  Tell me what you
think of this idea which I call 'Hidden Adjenda':

There exist X different categories.  Examples of categories may
be: 1. Treasure Hunting, 2. Subgames, 3. Proposals, 4. Entity Collection,
5. Scoring, 6. Finance and Bond Trading, 7. The Machine that
goes *ping*, 8. Offbeat Harf, etc.

Each player's Hidden Adjenda is a numbered list of 1 event from each
category.  If that event occurs, that entry replaced with a TRUE.  
The first player to achieve Y TRUE's on their list wins the cycle. 

For it to be truly interactive, competetive, and game like, the events
would have to be interlocking, and in some cases, mutually exclusive.
For example, its not good enough to have an event from the proposal
category such as: "I have submitted a proposal that contains 20
seperate instances of the character 'Z'"; but mabye "I have submitted a 
proposal that contains 20 seperate instances of the character 'Z'
and it was accepted (or rejected)".  Better yet, of course, is 
something like "snowgod has submitted a proposal that contains 20
seperate instances of the character 'Z' and it was accepted"; your job
being to get that to happen somehow, without giving your adjenda away.
Or instead of the 'Z' bit, how about: "snowgod has submitted a proposal
that contains the phrase 'Burn the Witch', and it was accepted".

Some of the other categories are more straightforward.  For Treasure
hunts, the obvious is 'I have found a Treasure [from the list of
suitable extant treasures]'.  But mutual exclusivity can be worked in,
if the condition is 'I have found treasure 106', and it is on several
lists; or mutual exclusivity with potential trading, such as 'I possess
the Fine Wooden Chest and have Y-1 TRUEs on my card'.

Subgames are obvious in terms of 'I have won a game of X', or 'I have
won a game of X in which Robert Sevin was a player', or 'I have one
a duel against Niccolo Flychuck'.  Another adjenda item elsewhere might
be 'Niccolo Flychuck has had exactly 5 duels called against him this
cycle'.

Bond trading might be: 'I have the bonds of exactly 5 different players,
and all such holdings are prime numbers', or 'At least 7 different players
hold PFMohammed'.  Entity ownership might be:  'I own X', where X is
a random extant trinket, or '/dev/joe owns the Harfy Banana Wings, and
has done so for 14 consecutive days', or 'Calvin N Hobbes has won a
Silver Moon'.  Your job being to jury-rig the events to occur."

Wow!, I thought.  My head was spinning with the possibilities.  It was
a really rough description, and not well fleshed out, but I got the 
gist of it.  It was the sort of winning condition that could be open
to anyone, and possibly provide a bit of harfy interaction, and mabye
some diplomacy and harfy skulduggery.

I had some questions though.  "Who decides what are the 'suitable 
Treasures'?  Who decides the contents of the Hidden Adjendas in the
first place?  Are they Tradeable?  Is there a way to find out the
contents of other people's, in whole or in part?"

"Slow Down!" exclaimed my petite ferrous friend.  "Of course, there will
need to be a referee who sets it up.  The Speaker would always be
willing to do it, if some sort of arrangement such as the Grapefruit
Holder or GamesMaster or Goose Holder doing it didn't work out.  As for
the 'suitable Treasures', we all know that all cool things require some
sort of judgement; the referee ought to able to choose a pool of 
suitable Treasures.

As for Tradeability, each line item would be Tradeable for a line item
of the same number with another player.  All trades would be contents
unseen.  It would be impermissable to outright discuss or disclose 
the contents of one's adjenda, but Otzma Cards or Gadgets could be worked
in to it to enable viewing of a line item of someone's adjenda.  One
thing that would probably be knowable is the *paradigm* for setting up
the events."

Ok, cool.  I got one more question that has been nagging me lately,
though.  "Do you think people care about winning the game, and do we
want another winning condition?"  

Phoebe continued:  "No matter what it seems or what people sometimes say,
people care about score, winning, and care when someone is trying to win.

CFJs that involve winning usually have more heated debate than those that
don't, even if the point of law being raised by the periphial one is
more interesting.  Look at breadbox's win proposal.  Acka voted it a
Silver Moon, and some players rushed to change their votes at the last
minute when the winning condition was pointed out.

I think winning matters; there's a satisifaction in playing well and
winning.  Look at the way people play Acka's subgames.  I think the
issue lies in Acka's winning conditions.

Winning by points and money (Museum and Round Earth), the 
straightforward ways, is a grind it out affair and takes alot of
time (unless you have a Whamiol sometimes).  The beauty of these
schemes is not in achieving them, but in not achieving them.  They
provide the nomic backdrop where a scam at any time can roll a player
towards a loophole win, and thus are really necessary to make nomic
a nomic; either to provide real fiber for writing tight rules, or for
planting eggs and loophole surfing.

Winning by paradox is dead.  There's not much to talk about here.  The
only paradoxes to ever have won are based on the contents of a single
rule, and the 2 methods used are no longer winning conditions.  It 
seems implausable that a third general method other than 'this statement
is false' and intra-rule precedence will be discovered.  The only real
chance is something along the lines of the Copycat paradox, in a
different situation.

Winning by palindrome and Frankenstein monster seem like sort of 
individual winning conditions.  You sit down by yourself with the ruleset
and a lot of time, and try to find a win here.  There is no real
interactive-competetive aspects of these wins.  They do provide the
potential for loophole surfing, but again that is an individual activity
generally, not an interactive one.  I would say Acka is more of a social
game than a competetive one, hence players spend time on the social 
aspects rather than sitting down for six hours and attempting to slide
one of these wins through.

As for the Chalice Vault and Runestone of Jukkasjarvi, they mystify
me a bit.  They seem to have some of the aspects of the game-like,
interactive-competetive win I've been talking about.  I expected to
see people trade the fragments around a bit more, or at least use the
JMCL or try to sell them for cash or form pools of cooperation.  The
JMCL just gathers dust.  As for the Chalice Vault, I expected some 
people to do as you have, Malenkai, and sell your key to the highest 
bidder, or at least get into it a bit more.  I guess the initial burying
of the Purple Key may have put a damper on the game.  Its a good rule,
despite what some say, give it time to develop.  Perhaps, though,
oh Exalted One, you made the Runestone of Jukkasjarvi thing too
grandiose and hard, but give that time too and see if interest picks up.
It may be that it takes too much time and organizartion on the part of the
players, while the Hidden Adjenda idea may not.  Perhaps the players 
will give you some feedback someday."

"STOP!!  I forgot something!", exclamed I.  "People always expect a
Treasure clue from you, and have probably read this far waiting for one.
Are you going to give me one tonight, for me to transcribe for all of
Acka?"  

"Of course!", spoke the Steel Flea.  And as I was waiting for the clue,
I reaslised I was only talking to thin air.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #28
******************************