Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #25
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Wednesday, March 26 1997       Volume 02 : Number 025

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:49:17 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Land Purchases 

I am hereby requesting permission from the senate and the Financier
(whoever that will be?) to purchase the Cow Town Hotel from the treasury.
Aditionally, I would like to purchase 2 kaa of land.

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 22:19:05 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Where is everyone? 

Hey IRC follks... Ackers and I are bored.  Of course, I'm going to bed now
so it's too late for tonight, but what about tuesday?  Anyone want to have
a big old IRC party Tuesday night, normal time, normal place?

And just to show mohhamed that this isn't really an offensive IRC message I
post the following explanation:

  snowgod: I was thinking it would be fun to make it a burnable offense to
say the earth is round except on gumball days when it would be reversed and
you could be burned for saying the earth is flat.
   snowgod: Well, I'm gonna go submit a couple of proposals and go to bed.
   snowgod: Night everyone
    Ackers: sissy
   snowgod: hehe
   snowgod: We need to get Robert Sevin and Harf and Narf and all the rest
on here tommorow.
   snowgod: Shall I post an offensive IRC message?
    Ackers: indeed we do
    Ackers: Oh, yes, please do
    Ackers: I shall if you don't
   snowgod: I will then

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:45:57 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 363 (Strider)

Strider has been chosen.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 363
  Subject: Contempt
Initiator: snowgod
    Judge: Strider (selected Mar 25, 1997, 11:46h EST)
Judgement:

Statement:

Each senator is in Contempt.

snowgod's Reasoning:

        Cycle eleven ended on Mar 13 at 17:13 EST.  It was longer than
thirty days in length and a Commission d'Arts at the beginning of the next
cycle by R670:

>1) Upon the end of a cycle which exceeded 30 days in length, or as
>otherwise directed by the rules, The "Commission d'Arts" (Commission)
>shall begin session, which shall last for 7 days. The Senators shall be
>the Commissioners, thus composing this body. Exception: No Commission
>shall be started if it has been less than 60 days since any previous one
>has been started.

        The Commission lasted 7 days (until March 20th) at which time a
report was due from the senate listing the nominees for the Silver Moon
award.

>2) At the end of the session, the Commission shall produce, and publically
>post, a report listing 4 Nominees for the Silver Moon award. A Nominee
>must be a work of art from Acka's past, such as a Silly Vacation Hat
>description, Phoebe post, Gaoler poem, Prosthetic Forehead, etc. Rules,
>Proposals, and other written works are also permissible, but are
>discouraged as Nominees, unless they are truly meritorious. One constraint
>is that the Nominee must be publically accessible from a web page
>maintained by the Web-Harfer. Material created by non-active players is
>discouraged as a Nominee.

        No nominees were produced until Mon, 24 Mar 1997 at 07:46:24 (PST).
Thus the senators are held in Contempt in accordance with section 4 of R670.

>4) If the Commission fails to produce the report in within the constraints
>of this rule, each Senator is placed in Contempt.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:48:45 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 364 (Techno)

Techno has been chosen.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 364
  Subject: Farmyard Animals
Initiator: snowgod
    Judge: Techno (selected Mar 25, 1997, 11:48h EST)
Judgement: 

Statement:

ThinMan grabbed breadbox's donkey.

snowgod's Reasoning:

I am agreeable to either a verdict of TRUE or FALSE.  I just wanted to get
this cleared up.  I suppose it is a timing issue.  Breadbox grabbed
Malenkai's Little Lamb and ThinMan attempted to grab breadbox's donkey.  If
the events happen simultaniously, does that mean the breadbox already has
the lamb at the time thinman makes his grab attempt?

I honestly don't know and will leave it up to a judge to decide.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 09:15:02 -0800
From: Stephen McCulley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Financier

Salutations!

I am accepting nominations for the Office of the Financier.  I'm not
sure as to how long this period lasts, because I can't get to the web
pages right now.

Strider
President
Figurehead

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:58:42 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: acrobot (fwd)

Narf, I checked the last week's botmail and didn't find a vote for you on 
P1841.  All I found was this, dated March 18.

- --Mohammed
ah well

- ---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 06:31:42 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: acrobot

#vote 1841

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 14:51:52 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 357 (ThinMan)

Red Barn did not return a verdict in time.  This has been assigned to
ThinMan

Mar 25 14:50 EST: -10 Red Barn: did not deliver a verdict on CFJ 357

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 357
  Subject: Keys III
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: Red Barn (selected Mar 18, 1997, 1:44h EST)
2nd Judge: ThinMan (selected Mar 25, 1997, 14:50h EST)
Judgement:

Statement:

The Silver Key (defined in rule 222), was transferred to /dev/joe on
March 8th, 1997.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

snowgod posted the following public message on that date:

> I am giving the Silver Key to /dev/joe.

I believe there is a reading of R 222 that would allow this transfer
without /dev/joe's ack (he never acked the transfer), and this should
be cleared up.  If this is true, it would have eaten a Gadget on March
15th.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:48:14 -0500 (EST)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Zee Verk Continues

I am steel beelding my monster deep underneath FunkyTown.  Please to respect
zee "do not disturb" sign.

IB
Mad Scientist

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:00:08 -0800
From: Stephen McCulley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Nominations

I would be obliged if someone would tell me how long the nomination
period for the Financier will last.  I still can't access the web pages.

Strider
President

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 20:32:23 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: NAP swinger

Red Barn was the only volunteer for NAP swinger, and gets the office.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:00:46 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 131 (breadbox)

breadbox has been chosen.
IdiotBoy owes a A$20 court fee.

Clerk of the Courts
- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Criminal Judgement 131
  Subject:  Voting
Initiator:  IdiotBoy
    Judge:  breadbox (selected Mar 25, 1997, 20:59 EST)
Judgement: 

Statement:

Robert Sevin has committed a crime.

IdiotBoy's Reasoning:

Rule 106 prohibits players from having more than one vote recorded on any
Proposal.  Robert Sevin submitted votes of both PRESENT and YES on a recent
proposal.

Suggested Penalty:

A FINE of A$150 payable to the treasury

and

a SENTENCE in the Gaol of 7 days.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 20:12:12 -0600 (CST)
From: Thierry Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFCJ 131 (breadbox) 

>Call for Criminal Judgement 131
>
>Robert Sevin has committed a crime.

Oh come on. This has to be the saddest thing I've seen. Not only is the
reasoning wrong, Robert Sevin never got two votes it was just incorrectly
recorded, but that wasn't really Mohammed's fault but mine. I should have
known how to make the retraction correctly.

So if anyone should be punished, it should be me.
Calvin N Hobbes

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:43:14 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 365 (Red Barn)

Red Barn has been chosen.

Clerk of the Courts
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 365
  Subject: Ad Hoc
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: Red Barn (selected Mar 25, 1997, 22:43h EST)
Judgement:

Statement:

Rule 1843 calls and Ad Hoc Committee.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

First one must consider whether rule 1843 (or proposal 1843)
successfully satisfies section 1a of rule 1803 (as rule 1843 does
not have precedence over rule 1803).

More importantly, does rule 1843 "empower" the Ad Hoc committee, per
rule 1803, section 2?  I do not think so, and believe FALSE is indicated.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 23:05:35 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe

Malenkai has found Phoebe's matchbox.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 20:27:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Land Purchases

> I am hereby requesting permission from the senate and the Financier
> (whoever that will be?) to purchase the Cow Town Hotel from the treasury.
> Aditionally, I would like to purchase 2 kaa of land.

Acoording to our records, Cow Town Hotel is currently haunted by
Brinjal's undead. It cannot be bought or sold. You need to write a
proposal that tells Brinjal's undead to stop haunting Cow Town Hotel
first.

breadbox
senator, seat sinecure 33

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 20:38:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Land Purchases

>> I am hereby requesting permission from the senate and the Financier
>> (whoever that will be?) to purchase the Cow Town Hotel from the treasury.
>> Aditionally, I would like to purchase 2 kaa of land.
> 
> Acoording to our records, Cow Town Hotel is currently haunted by
> Brinjal's undead. It cannot be bought or sold. You need to write a
> proposal that tells Brinjal's undead to stop haunting Cow Town Hotel
> first.

Whoops. Correction: due to timing considerations, Cow Town is not
haunted, and is in fact owned by the Treasury.

However, the senate does not have the power to approve or reject this
purchase.

breadbox
senator

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #25
******************************