Subject: Ackanomic Digest V2 #1
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Sunday, March 2 1997         Volume 02 : Number 001

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 21:57:46 -0800
From: Stephen McCulley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:JMCL

Salutations!!

I am targetting snowgod's fragment #18  with my Mind Control Laser.  I
am pushing the button marked "Push Me"

Strider
<giggle>

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 01:12:23 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Let us Pray

ceremoniously spake in tongues the golden frog (to me via the Amulet):

"dk jqigkvcdcv jgogbqtvbk jqigkvcdquv bqtvbk jqigkvcdcv dk dquv
jgogbqtvbk jqigk ugk dquv dcv jqigk bqtvbk dquv jgogbqtvbk jgogtgvbk"

unmiraculously treasure of processing chips shall you find
unless misdirectionally led you have been 

Malenkai
Priest

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 04:57:59 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Prayer of Deliverance

My first Prayer for Deliverance will be in rhyme:

Fatalistically, Spock asked Kirk,
"If the Enterprise flew at warp
Beyond ten, would we all go berserk?"

Overcasually, the captain replied,
"No, but a better question is,
'Are we going to survive the ride?'"

Calvinistically, Mr. Spock responded,
"Certainly we will, provided that
Iot bzdcte fd fz iot qfedi ptiited."

- --
/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 12:34:56 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Newspapers

To my knowledge, 'The Day Today' is the only acka newspaper that did
not publish this month, and it is destroyed.  'is' was published in
by two different players, but at least one of them is the owner :)

Malenkai
Financier

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 09:56:00 -0800
From: Stephen McCulley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:Proposal 1759

Salutations!!

	I am retracting proposal 1759.  I have a better idea...

Strider-2 retraction

Strider

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 13:05:48 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Museum

snowgod once again receives the Bonus Vote for the Museum's door prize
for March.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 14:00:30 -0500 (EST)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:Aliens

Good citizen that I am, I cough up A$50 for the National Defense.

- -mr cwm

- --------

mr cwm -A$50, National Defense
Strider, +A$50, Voluntary Taxation

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Strider wrote:

>Salutations!
>
>	Acting on the advice of snowgod, I am purchasing an Earth Defense
>Missle for R101, and another for R1743.  Beware, citizens; they are out
>there!
>
>President Strider
>-A$500 <ouch> Missle purchases
>

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 14:40:11 -0500 (EST)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: is (maybe edition)

is - mr cwm, publisher, etc.
maybe edition

Late last night while slumped over the Linotype (*can* one slump over a
Linotype?), despondant over the waste resulting from publishing twice in
the same month, this publisher (who is definitely *not* a reporter) saw a
single sheet of paper emerge from the crack under the door, and heard
footsteps fade away down the hall.  While setting the information scrawled
upon it in type for your reading pleasure, the whole bizarre
emerging/fading routine was repeated.  After waiting a bit to make sure
there was to be no third occurrance, the completely unsubstantiated
rumours passed on to this publisher were printed up, as follows, for your
eddification and amusement, and to keep us from going belly up (or is it
bust?) at the end of March:

Sources that claim to be reliable, but which are, in fact, completely
unknown, tell me that the Narfalone Crime Family (DBA Organized Crime) is
planning to run some sort of protection racket.  It seems that they might
ask for 5% of all transactions between individual players (treasury
transaction not included).  Rumor has it that there might be serious
consequences for those who don't "voluntarily" agree to contribute.  A
temporary amnesty could be put in place while the Narfalones consolidate
their power, so there might not be an immediate danger to those who fail
to contribute.  However, the most severe consequences could be planned for
those who persist in such failure.  The proceeds might be divided unevenly
between the Godfather and the rest of the Narfalones.

- --------

Do the alternating "might"s & "could"s satisfy the legal department? - Ed.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 13:56:10 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Runestone of Jukkasjarvi Fragment 18

For The World To See

Runestone of Jukkasjarvi Fragment 18

18. Only a fool would use programs when solving a difficult encryption.
Ludwig
Mid you, this is only my translation, so can not be proven to be authentic.  I 
can say that I haven't tampered with it, but they are just words

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 16:13:49 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: Acka:  A building . . . a building

I am building a building . . . well two buildings

Building one

The Band Shell

The Band Shell is a small structure.

Description

The Band shell is a concrete, fiberglass and steel shell with superb =
acoustics.  It contains:
	dressingrooms,
	light and electrical bridge
	 a remote for the mighty Wurlitzer,
	 small music library
	quarters for Jammer or guest,
	l dining room and restrooms.=20
 In front are an indefinite number of extraordinarily nice seats, placed =
to listen with maximum=20
advantage, beyond is a muddy field.

End of description

"Jammer's Graffiti Wall" is located in the Band Shell

Building Two

Jammer's Getaway

Jammer's Getaway is a small building

Description

A small cottage landscaped and soundproofed to seem far away from the =
hustle and bustle of everyday life in Ackanomic.  It has elements of a =
small fishing shack, a mountainside retreat, and a swinging bachelor =
pad.  It has a library, a kitchen, a large bedroom with a luxurious spa, =
a pool, a office, and a area for quiet contemplation. Made of wood and =
brick with quarry tile floor and counters, it is furnished with =
comfortable chair and couches perfect for lounging.

End of description

Jammer -482 A$
Treasury  +$482 A$

Jammer

=00=00

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 16:15:39 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: Acka: Linking

I'd like to link Jammer's graffiti Wall to The Band Shell

Jammer

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 16:19:04 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: Acka:  Party 

All are invited to the Band Shell for a party.

BYOF

Bring your own Frink

Jammer

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 16:45:10 -0800
From: Stephen McCulley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:Party at Jammer's

Salutations!!

	I am taking my Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster and going to the Band
Shell.  Hope to see you all there.

Strider

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 17:09:47 -0800
From: Stephen McCulley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:Aliens

IdiotBoy wrote:
> > When will the liberal media be reporting this?   The answer, most likely
> > never. Certainly we can't depend on media mogul snowgod to bring us the
> > facts.
> >
> > IB
> > Acka's first radio talk show host

Salutations!

	If you fear a liberal bias to my actions, why not express your own
opinions on them, rather than complaining about my advisors.  As an
ex-president, snowgod's advice is more than welcome in this, the
beginning of my term.  I am open, however, open to suggestions from all
sides.  Regardless of whose advice i receive, all decisions I make are
my own.  

			Yours in service,
					Strider

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 17:44:58 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: Acka:  Traveling

I am going to the Band Shell, I am bringing "Jammer's Butler" to add
even more class to what will prove to be one of the Ackanomical (?)
social events of the year. 

Jammer

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:32:47 -0600
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fairly large group on IRC 

There are about 5 of us on IRC right now -- you should stop by...

Robert Sevin

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:55:23 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: P1749 accepted (Bonus Vote Tweak)

> I have bot results showing my votes for props 1740-1750.  Is this a
> problem on my end or on yours.  If mine, how can I fix it?
	My end, it appears.  I have reexamined the results on those 
proposals, and it doesn't appear the extra votes would have changed the 
result on any of them.  However, it will affect your score, so I will 
publish the votes now:

#vote 1740 y y y y y n y y n y ?

1740	yes	(rejected)
1741	yes	(accepted)
1742	yes	(accepted)
1743	yes	(accepted)
1744	yes	(retracted; proposal proposal proposal proposal...)
1745	no	(rejected)
1746	yes	(accepted)
1747	yes	(accepted)
1748	no	(rejected)
1749	yes	(accepted)

Proposal 1750 is still pending, so I've entered Strider's vote in the 
bot manually.  Strider also thanked the bot.

If anybody else voted NO on the Aliens proposal, and wasn't counted, 
please speak up now.  One more NO vote would've caused it to fail.

- --Mohammed
abstained  :o\

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V2 #1
*****************************