Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #535
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest      Saturday, February 22 1997      Volume 01 : Number 535

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 23:21:10 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost play

> I play "ughou"

I challenge this.

breadbox

> The playing order is:
> 
> breadbox
> snowgod
> mr cwm
> Mohammed
> Narf
> ThinMan
> /dev/joe
> IdiotBoy
> fnord

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 22:39:03 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost play 

>> I play "ughou"
>
>I challenge this.

Better you did than I had to :)

snowgod
awaiting his turn with relief

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 22:41:23 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: IRC Again? 

Anyone for a saturday night IRC meeting? Turnout was great Friday.  I saw
Narf, Jammer, Strider, /dev/joe, Malenkai, IdiotBoy and Lestrade on there.
I only wish I could have stayed longer.  So whaddya say?  Want to see how
many people we can fit in a phonebooth at one time?

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 00:47:54 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G&C proposal 108

[email-masked] wrote:

> 2. The newest version of the rules comes from the 80's.  The only 
> difference I am aware of deals with convoys.  Given the following set
> of orders: [...]

Specifying a specific set of rules seems preferable to the vague 'rules
the ref has'.  Also, there is no reason the ref cannot specify the
new convoy rule you outline as a variant from the 1976 rules.  
Someone mentioned the rules had not changed since the 70s, so i used
that set.  No matter how you do it, you have the copyright problem, so
it really does not matter; its a problem that I see no good solution to.
If you want to change to the latest rules, thats fine, as long as it
is a physical thing that I can go buy if I want, and it doesn't change
when the ref goes on vacation, as I believe would happen in other
implementations.
 
> 3.  I prefer a game where the referee can set the stakes, not just limited 
> to points.  Ie.. players can play for $A, pfBonds or points.

This can be done with G&C 108, except for points via R 101 or R 1217.
Just make an agreement amongst whoever is playing that the winner gets
X from all the losers, or however you want to do it, or all contribute
equal tradeable entities, and bury them as a treasure with a map such
as: "the winner of this diplomacy game finds the treasure".  I do not
like the stakes coupled with the game; I prefer a more modular/reuseable
approach, that was my main objection.  

Also, making it a rule had many problems, because your "variant" scoped
to the ruleset with the full force of a rule (albiet with low precedence).
Your variant could have allowed a repeal of an acka rule for each supply
center controlled, and been given full force of rule.  I didn't like
that -- the scam potential was more than my weary brain could harf at
the time.

Malenkai
a bit wordy tonite :)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 23:30:20 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary 

Bluffers, Get ready to Bluff.  The Ing word is Felly.

The definitions are:

1) Demoniacally
2) The exterior rim or a segment of the rim of a wheel supported by the spokes
3) A young female antelope.
4) A cloth belt or sash sewn with colored beads or ornaments.
5) To gather amber after a storm.

snowgod
Braniac

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 02:38:08 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary

> Bluffers, Get ready to Bluff.  The Ing word is Felly.

I vote for definition #2:

> 2) The exterior rim or a segment of the rim of a wheel supported by the
> spokes

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:06:26 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: IRC Again? 

>Anyone for a saturday night IRC meeting? Turnout was great Friday.  I saw
>Narf, Jammer, Strider, /dev/joe, Malenkai, IdiotBoy and Lestrade on there.
>I only wish I could have stayed longer.  So whaddya say?  Want to see how
>many people we can fit in a phonebooth at one time?

>snowgod

I'll be there with bells on...

Narf

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:07:49 -0800
From: [email-masked] (fnord)
Subject: Re: Acka: Elvis

snowgod writes:
> 
> Hehehe,
> 
> I don't know who those people are, besides the oweners of the nifiest
> WebCam I have ever seen.  When I stumbled accross that, I wrote a letter to
> "Project Manager", Bob Lepkowski, asking if he'd mind writing a cryptic
> message on the top of his whiteboard for a treasure hunt and he said no
> problem. Swell bunch of folks there, I'd say.  If I needed to buy something
> in the area of whatever it is they were selling, I think i'd buy it from
> them :)

I'd have to agree with both of those statements.  I think I'm gonna
scope out the pricing for their java app to do the work, and the camera
that they use, 'cause it looks cool.  It'll prolly be way out
of my price range.

> I was thinking it would be fun to scatter smaller clues all accross the
> room, but then I figured that might be too tricky.  How long did you have
> to look around before you found the hint?  I pointed the camera in the
> general direction of the Board, but not right at it.  Originally, I was
> going to point it at the ceiling.

When I got it, it was pointing at a desk on the right side of the room,
and the message was on a white board on the left side of the room.

I scanned the room for a while, looking at the guys, and then noticed
that I could look at the white board and zoom in on it.  I got closer
and noticed the section blocked off in the upper right corner of the 
white board and zoomed in on it.

> Another time I aimed the Cam at the guys monitor well he was using his
> computer and was actually able to watch him play with AutoCAD.

Yeah, it was cool, I could see that the guy on the right in the far side 
was using a Mac, and I could see the Excel spreadsheet he was working on.

fnord

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:08:44 -0800
From: [email-masked] (fnord)
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost play

breadbox writes:
> > I play "ughou"
> 
> I challenge this.

The word is "roughouse", as in "rough play, as amongst
young males".

fnord

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:03:26 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: IRC Again?

I'm for it if you can give a more precise Date/Time
Niccolo Flychuck

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Phil Ackley wrote:

> Anyone for a saturday night IRC meeting? Turnout was great Friday.  I saw
> Narf, Jammer, Strider, /dev/joe, Malenkai, IdiotBoy and Lestrade on there.
> I only wish I could have stayed longer.  So whaddya say?  Want to see how
> many people we can fit in a phonebooth at one time?
> 
> snowgod
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 08:54:03 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost play

fnord wrote:
 
> breadbox writes:
> > > I play "ughou"
> >
> > I challenge this.
> 
> The word is "roughouse", as in "rough play, as amongst
> young males".

I never received breadbox's challenge e-mail, but apparently at least
snowgod and fnord did.  The rules indicate the challenger should specify
which sort of protest is being called; we've been playing though that
an unspecified protest is the second form of protest, and fnord has
responded as if it is the second form, so context has established that.
However, in the future, please be explicit as to which sort of protest
you are lodging, even if it appears obvious, as you never know what is in
the official dictionary.

In this case, I could find "roughouse" in the official dictionary.  
fnord is removed from the game.

There is no ghost word.  It is snowgod's turn.

snowgod
mr cwm
Mohammed
Narf
ThinMan
/dev/joe
IdiotBoy
breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 09:19:41 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary

Phil Ackley wrote:

> 3) A young female antelope.

I'll go with #3.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 09:23:16 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Bond Trading

I seemed to have some sort of e-mail problem last night; mail is coming
in 8 hours late, in the wrong order, missing, etc.  This is my log of
the bond trading from last night.  Please review it and report any errors
or omissions.

Malenkai
Financier
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
IdiotBoy -8, +5 PFLestrade Bond trade
IdiotBoy -8, +5 PFJammer Bond trade
Jammer   +8, -5 PFJammer Bond trade
Lestrade +8, -5 PFLestrade Bond trade

IdiotBoy -125, +5 PF/dev Bond trade
/dev/joe +125, -5 PF/dev Bond trade

Mohammed -20 +5PFLestrade
Lestrade +20 -5PFLestrade

IdiotBoy -8, +5 PFStrider Bond Trade
Strider  +8, -5 PFStrider Bond Trade

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 10:06:21 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: More travel...

fnord wrote:

> Woo-hoo!  I am donating this lovel Statue of snowgod made entirely
> of blue jello to the Museum.  I also make sure to specify to keep it
> in a well-air-conditioned room, so it doesn't melt.

You must actually go to the museum for this to happen.  Since I have
already updated all the web pages, please go there, don't change your
mind :)

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 10:19:16 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Another Auction

I am now auctioning the Spell Book of Chorg in a public auction. Its
Blueprint can be found in the blueprints section off of the main page.

Based on the value of its components, it should fetch over A$1000 :-)
Bidding lasts for 3 days, or 3 hours after the lastest bid.

Chief Cheese

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 08:08:23 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost

> However, in the future, please be explicit as to which sort of protest
> you are lodging, even if it appears obvious, as you never know what is in
> the official dictionary.

Oops. Sorry about that. I will be more careful in the future.

> In this case, I could find "roughouse" in the official dictionary.  
> fnord is removed from the game.

I presume you meant to say you could NOT find "roughouse" in the
official dictionary. (I would hope so, seeing as the word is spelled
"roughhouse".)

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 11:07:34 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost

Brian Raiter wrote:

> I presume you meant to say you could NOT find "roughouse" in the
> official dictionary. 

That is correct.  Typo, Sorry.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 08:30:34 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Fragment 18

I give snowgod Fragment 18 for his gift of the swinger seat to me.
Does this mean I send him a copy, or Malenkai sends him the real thing?
Ludwig

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 08:38:07 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary

> 1) Demoniacally

I select definition #1.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:15:27 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1748

Proposal 1748
Bond Devaluation
snowgod

{{[PF snowgod are trading too high.  I'm not accustomed to this.  It scares
me.  I must do something to fix it.]  Upon the acceptance of this proposal:
snowgod will win the current cycle.  The fat lady will sing "Kiss Me, Son
of God" in honor of the event.  All A$ belonging to all players will be
transferred to snowgod.  All A$ in the treasury will be transferred to
snowgod.  All Functional officers will be impeached.  R101 will be
repealed.  Ackanomic will declare war on Australia and the United Nations.
All Ackanomic names will immediatedly become un-interesting AND snowgod
will become dictator with whatever poswers he claims during his first
public message after the passage of this proposal.}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:27:03 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Bond Trading

> Mohammed -20 +5PFLestrade
> Lestrade +20 -5PFLestrade
	I also nabbed 5 PF from Jammer for A$ 20.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:29:12 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Bond Sales

> I'll sell the 5 fnord I found in his treasure.  How much will you offer
> for those?
	I offer A$10 (plus Trinket text) for 5 PFfnord.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 09:34:31 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: IRC Again? 

>I'm for it if you can give a more precise Date/Time
>Niccolo Flychuck

I left that vaugue so everyone could figure out a good time that worked for
them.  ANyone, anyone?  What works for you Niccolo?

sowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 09:36:48 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost play 

>There is no ghost word.  It is snowgod's turn.
>
>snowgod
>mr cwm
>Mohammed
>Narf
>ThinMan
>/dev/joe
>IdiotBoy
>breadbox

I Play "w"

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 09:41:13 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fragment 18 

>I give snowgod Fragment 18 for his gift of the swinger seat to me.
>Does this mean I send him a copy, or Malenkai sends him the real thing?
>Ludwig

Thank You, Ludwig.  Thank you.

Malenkai will send it to me, I believe.

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 09:52:18 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Bonus Vote 

What would it cost me to procure one bonus vote in the current market?  I
ask not because I want to buy a vonus bote :), but because I am offering my
services at a 20% discount.  I will seell me next 10 votes to anyplayer for
whatever 10 bonus votes would cost, -%20 of that sum.

If you are interested, email me.

snowgod

This offer good on any proposal posted today or afterwards.  Prior proposls
require snowgods approval before changing his vote.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 10:51:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: IRC Again?

>> I'm for it if you can give a more precise Date/Time
>> Niccolo Flychuck
> 
> I left that vaugue so everyone could figure out a good time that worked for
> them.  Anyone, anyone?  What works for you Niccolo?

For me, it doesn't matter so much the time you pick - I just need
something more precise than "evening". (I'm not even sure which time
zone you had in mind when you said that; I'm assuming yours.)

b

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:52:56 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Bond Trading

Jason Orendorff wrote:
> 

>         I also nabbed 5 PF from Jammer for A$ 20.

I would appreciate if Jammer would ack this again.  I did not see
*either* half of this trade in my e-mail:

> > Mohammed -20 +5PFJammer
> > Jammer +20 -5PFJammer

Malenkai
Financier

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 11:07:06 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: RE: Acka: Bond Trading

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC20B0.9EFDD720
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I ack it

Jammer
busy creating a treasure map
<evil cackle>

Jason Orendorff wrote:
> 

>         I also nabbed 5 PF from Jammer for A$ 20.

I would appreciate if Jammer would ack this again.  I did not see
*either* half of this trade in my e-mail:

> > Mohammed -20 +5PFJammer
> > Jammer +20 -5PFJammer

Malenkai
Financier
- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC20B0.9EFDD720
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC20B0.9EFDD720--

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:35:55 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Thring auction

I'm sure it's been at least three days;  I'm hereby officially offering 
Thring in exchange for A$ 15.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:38:44 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Bonus Vote

> What would it cost me to procure one bonus vote in the current market?  I
	I would part with my Bonus Vote for A$ 200, which puts your 
services at A$ 1600 for 10 votes.  However, your votes are actually *more* 
valuable than Bonus Votes, mathematically speaking.  I would sell a vote 
of my own for A$ 400, possibly more depending on the proposal.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:40:51 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Bond Trading

> Jammer
	Are you aware that you have a 3-kilobyte MIME-encoded signature? 
I think there's a Usenet word for such stuff, but it doesn't leap to mind. 

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:40:46 -0500 (EST)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The burgeoning Bond Market!

I heard tell that a former President is stating that the bond market is over
inflated.. don't believe those stories.  There are plenty of money and
points to back all the bonds.  In fact, to show my confidence in the market,
I am going to offer the highest price yet for any PFbond:

PFMalenkai [5 @ A$160] -- A$32 ea... an unbelievable sum!

IB
using the main list for his own reasons

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 11:44:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Widget Auction

I bid A$140 on the Widget.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 11:56:24 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Fragment 18

If he doesn't I'll send it your way.
Ludwig

On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Phil Ackley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>I give snowgod Fragment 18 for his gift of the swinger seat to me.
>>Does this mean I send him a copy, or Malenkai sends him the real thing?
>>Ludwig
>
>Thank You, Ludwig.  Thank you.
>
>Malenkai will send it to me, I believe.
>
>snowgod
>
>
>

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 11:48:38 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: Acka;  RFC   Frobozz Company Factory Outlet Store, Ackanomic Division. 

The Frobozz Company Factory Outlet is a cozy building located near the =
museum.  It contains a Frobozz virtual imaging widget and a Frobozz =
creation dohikkey.  All awards given are manufactured there and as =
result of corporate restructuring All deliveries are made at the store =
front.  Whenever anyone receives a reward such as  a cloak, a Silver =
moon and the like e must travel to the Frobozz Company Factory Outlet =
location and publicly post a description of eis journey.  This =
description is eligible for the Silver Moon.

[Please, I wanna have something pass <Grin>]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 22:04:30 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: IRC Again?

On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Phil Ackley wrote:

> >I'm for it if you can give a more precise Date/Time
> >Niccolo Flychuck
> 
> 
> I left that vaugue so everyone could figure out a good time that worked for
> them.  ANyone, anyone?  What works for you Niccolo?
> 
> sowgod
> 
> 
I'll be online starting 1 am EST for a few hours (on and off), but my
participation
would depend on the amount of work that will be thrown my during that
time.  
Also anytime between now and, say 19:00 EST, I might be around.

But just post a message anytime you start, if I'm  on, I'll  drop by.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 22:05:27 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: G&C  proposal 109

G&C game: Spades

by /dev/joe, based on the traditional game

Players: exactly 4 players and 1 referee are needed.  The 4 players may
be already divided into 2 teams of 2 players each; if not, teams will be
assigned.

Equipment: 1 legacy deck

Beginning the game:
The referee sends a message to the Gamesmaster, indicating the players
in the game and their chosen teams, if any.  The Gamesmaster starts the
game by randomly assigning the players into a playing order, but ensuring
that members of the same team do not occupy adjacent positions if teams
are already chosen.  Players 1 and 3 shall be team 1; players 2 and 4
shall be team 2.  Throughout the game, play will rotate through this
sequence, returning to player 1 after player 4.

Rules:
1. Dealing
At the beginning of each round, the referee collects and shuffles into
a random order all of the cards in the deck (except the Jokers, which
are not used), and deals 13 cards to each player (sending each player
eir cards by private email). 

2. Bidding
In the first round, player 1 has the first bid; in each later round,
the next player in the sequence has the first bid.  After the deal, the
first bidder (and each other bidder after him) makes a bid.  The valid
bids are 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13.

3. Trick Play
The main part of a round consists of 13 tricks. In each trick each
player shall play one card from his hand; these cards are then
removed from play for the rest of that round.  The player who made
the highest bid (the first player who made it, in case of a tie) leads
to the first trick; for later tricks, the player who won the previous
trick leads.  The player who leads a trick begins it by playing any
card from eir hand (called the card led).  The other players follow
in order; each player must play a card from eir hand of the same suit
as the card led, if e has one; if not, e may play any card from eir
hand.  The player who played the highest Spade played to a trick wins
the trick, if any Spade was played; otherwise the player who played the
highest card of the suit led wins the trick.

4. Scoring
For the purposes of Spades, each team has a Spadescore, which has no
effect outside an instance of Spades, and whenever the spades rules say
a team scores, eir spadescore is increased or decreased as appropriate.

After the 13th trick in a round is completed, each team scores as follows:

The bids the two players won are added together, as are the number of
tricks taken by the two players. If they took fewer tricks than their
bid, they score -10 times the bid (-20 times the bid if the bid was 10
or more); otherwise they score 10 times the bid (20 times the bid if it
was 10 or more), and in addition, they score 1 and get one sandbag for
each trick in excess of their bid.

For each player on the team who bid 0, the team scores 100 if e took no
tricks, or -100 if e took at least one trick.

When a team receives their 10th, 20th, 30th, etc. sandbag, they score -100.

5. Winning the Game
After the scoring for a round, if at least one team has a Spadescore of
greater than or equal to 500, and the teams aren't tied, the team with
the greater score wins; otherwise, the referee shall begin another round.
If both players on a team post a concession publicly, the other team wins
the game.  If either team forfeits their opponents win.  There are no
other ways to win the game.

6. Miscellaneous
Bids are made and cards are played by announcing them publicly.

Nobody is allowed to reveal to anybody what cards any player has except
as explicitly stated in these rules.

If a player misplays (plays a card not matching the suit of the card led
when e has a card in eir hand matching the suit of the card led, or attempts
to play a card not in eir hand), the referee should intervene as quickly as
possible, voiding all plays since (and including) the misplay, and the
misplaying player's team scores -100.  If players on one team misplay twice
in one hand or three times in a game, that team forfeits.  Any misplays
voided due to an earlier misplay do not count and are not penalized.

7. Time Limit
Whenever action is expected of any player and they fail to act for 3 days,
the referee shall intervene by choosing a valid action for that player,
as follows:

If it occurs during the bidding, a bid of 2 is made.

If it occurs during the trick play, the referee chooses a card at random
from among the cards the player could legally play, and it is played.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:09:56 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Bond Sales

> > I'll sell the 5 fnord I found in his treasure.  How much will you offer
> > for those?
> 	I offer A$10 (plus Trinket text) for 5 PFfnord.

I accept.

/dev/joe +10, -5 PFfnord
Mohammed -10, +5 PFfnord

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:03:16 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: Acka:  I think I've gotten rid of the problem

I turned off auto sig.  Is everything better?

Jammer
apologizing for wasting bandwidth

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:15:05 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: G&C  proposal 109

> G&C game: Spades

I endorse this game.
It makes use of the cards (finally) and makes use of the "team duel" rule
where the seconds also participate.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:23:49 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka; RFC Frobozz Company Factory Outlet Store

> publicly post a description of eis journey.  This description is eligible
> for the Silver Moon. 
	Should be "eir" instead of "eis" ("eir" as in "their") and I 
think it could do without the Silver Moon clause.
	Other than that I'll probably vote yes.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 22:46:46 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G&C  proposal 109

On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> > G&C game: Spades
> 
> I endorse this game.
> It makes use of the cards (finally) and makes use of the "team duel" rule
> where the seconds also participate.
> 
> /dev/joe
> 
I endorse this as well.
Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 15:05:57 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1749

Proposal 1749
Bonus Vote Tweak
Mohammed

This is a Modest proposal.

[No big deal.  It changes "Protected" to "entity" and also changes
"Bonus Votes can only be used once" to "A particular Bonus Vote can
only be used once" -- that sort of bothered me.  Minor rework.  Also
allows Bonus Vote casters to make mistakes in casting their bonus
votes... without their bonus votes being destroyed.

Going over this rule just made me remember how cool it is.  Maybe
we'll see some Bonus Vote action soon...]

Rule 317 ("Bonus Votes") is amended by changing:
- -----
1. Bonus Votes are Protected.
2. Bonus Votes are Tradeable
3. A player can own at most five Bonus Votes at an given time. If a
Player who already owns five Bonus Votes receives an additional Bonus
Vote, by any means, the additional Bonus Vote is destroyed.
4. Bonus Votes are used in the following manner - A Player sends a
message to the Tabulator that e is using a Bonus Vote on a specific
proposal, and the legal type of Vote that Bonus Vote represents.
Players can only use Bonus Votes that they own.  Bonus Votes can only
be used once.  Any Bonus Vote which does not meet these restrictions
is not a valid vote, and is destroyed.
- -----
to:
- -----
1.  Bonus Votes are tradeable entities.

2.  A player can own at most five Bonus Votes at an given time. If a
Player who already owns five Bonus Votes receives an additional Bonus
Vote, by any means, the additional Bonus Vote is destroyed.

3.  Bonus Votes are used in the following manner - A player sends a
message to the Tabulator that e is casting eir Bonus Vote on a
specific proposal, and the legal type of Vote that Bonus Vote
represents.  The Bonus Vote shall then be counted as a vote on
that proposal.  When the results of that proposal are released by the
Tabulator, the Bonus Vote is destroyed.

4.  A Player can only cast a Bonus Vote e owns.  A particular Bonus
Vote can only be cast once.  Any attempt to cast a Bonus Vote fails if
it does not meet these restrictions.

{{ The Web-Harfer may amend this rule by inserting and/or removing
HTML tags such that each section is in a seperate paragraph. }}
- -----

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:30:22 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The burgeoning Bond Market! 

>I heard tell that a former President is stating that the bond market is over
>inflated.. don't believe those stories.  There are plenty of money and
>points to back all the bonds.  In fact, to show my confidence in the market,
>I am going to offer the highest price yet for any PFbond:
>
>PFMalenkai [5 @ A$160] -- A$32 ea... an unbelievable sum!

I'll do this.  Consider it Acked

snowgod +160, bond trade
IdiotBoy -160, bond trade

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:28:08 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: IRC Again? 

>>> I'm for it if you can give a more precise Date/Time
>>> Niccolo Flychuck
>>
>> I left that vaugue so everyone could figure out a good time that worked for
>> them.  Anyone, anyone?  What works for you Niccolo?
>
>For me, it doesn't matter so much the time you pick - I just need
>something more precise than "evening". (I'm not even sure which time
>zone you had in mind when you said that; I'm assuming yours.)
>
>b

Actually, I was Assumin New York time, since that seems to be the standard.
IRC always seems to be the busiest aroun midnight in New York, but I'm open
to anytime.  I guess if you pop onto IRC send a message to the list and let
everyone know you are there.

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:28:57 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Thring auction 

>I'm sure it's been at least three days;  I'm hereby officially offering
>Thring in exchange for A$ 15.
>
>--Mohammed

I think that was my offer.  I ack it.

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:33:20 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G&C  proposal 109 

>> G&C game: Spades
>
>I endorse this game.
>It makes use of the cards (finally) and makes use of the "team duel" rule
>where the seconds also participate.
>
>/dev/joe

It looks like fun to me.  I'll endorse it

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:31:31 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Widget Auction 

>I bid A$140 on the Widget.
>
>breadbox

Well, I'm in trouble if I don't get it :)  I bid Acka 180

snowgod
getting too rich for my blood

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:34:07 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka; RFC Frobozz Company Factory Outlet Store 

>> publicly post a description of eis journey.  This description is eligible
>> for the Silver Moon.
>	Should be "eir" instead of "eis" ("eir" as in "their") and I
>think it could do without the Silver Moon clause.
>	Other than that I'll probably vote yes.
>
>--Mohammed

And game custom usually leans toward the "Frobozz Magic" whatever :)

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:41:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Harfiness

What can I say? Proposal 1748 ("Bond Devaluation", authored by
snowgod) made me laugh out loud. I am declaring it harfy.

breadbox
Harfmeister (for now)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 16:57:06 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  bond offer (Red Barn)

I offer Red Barn A$200 for all his PFbonds.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:58:34 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Harfiness 

>What can I say? Proposal 1748 ("Bond Devaluation", authored by
>snowgod) made me laugh out loud. I am declaring it harfy.
>
>breadbox
>Harfmeister (for now)

Cool. Now lets all vote for it :)

snowgod
notbeing sneaky :)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 19:15:16 -0500 (EST)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost play

I play "wr".  It is now Mohammed's turn.

- -mr cwm

List:

Mohammed
Narf
ThinMan
/dev/joe
IdiotBoy
breadbox
snowgod
mr cwm

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 20:48:48 -0500 (EST)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  bond offer (Red Barn)

On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Jason Orendorff wrote:

> I offer Red Barn A$200 for all his PFbonds.
> 
> --Mohammed
> 

That comes out to A$2 per bond.  I offer A$15 for just 5 PFRed.  (a 50%
bonus)

IB
ever generous

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 17:59:25 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: RE: Acka:  bond offer (Red Barn)

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC20EA.E9FC6680
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

 Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Red Barn 
on Ice as no one can reach him.

Just checked, he is:
  On Vacation  (since Feb 07, 22:14 EST; ER: Feb 09, 22:14 EST; On Ice)

Jammer
who wants his Scroll of Crumble ;-)

On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Jason Orendorff wrote:

> I offer Red Barn A$200 for all his PFbonds.
> 
> --Mohammed
> 

That comes out to A$2 per bond.  I offer A$15 for just 5 PFRed.  (a 50%
bonus)

IB
ever generous

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC20EA.E9FC6680
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

- ------ =_NextPart_000_01BC20EA.E9FC6680--

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #535
*******************************