Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #432
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest      Wednesday, January 1 1997      Volume 01 : Number 432

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 01:03:32 -0600
From: john duncan <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost (Robert Sevin)

Brian Raiter wrote:
> 
> > there is no ghost word.  It is breadbox's turn.
> 
> The Ghost Word is "t".

I play "ti".

Lestrade

> > Turn order
> > ----------
> > Robert Sevin
> > snowgod
> > breadbox
> > Lestrade

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 10:01:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary

Bluffers, start your engines. The next round of Fictionary has now
begun. Your word is: "buddle".

Send your definitions to [email-masked].

breadbox
Brainiac-in-Training

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 10:42:29 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Steel Flea Gazette - SPECIAL YEAR END ISSUE 

Steal Flea Gazette
Special Year End Issue

In which we espouse predictions for the new year

- -----------------------------------------------------------
THE STEAL FLEA GAZETTE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE UNDEAD OF
ELDER WAYNE, WHO WE NOTE STILL HAS NO BIOGRAPHY IN THE HALL
OF ELDERS.  TO PLACE YOUR ADVERTISMENT SEND EMAIL TO SNOWGOD.
- -----------------------------------------------------------

PREDICTION #1

Several newspapers will go belly-up at midnight Ackanomic time on January
1, 1997  -  This short range prediction is provided to lend credibility to
the other predictions, which may not prove themselves true for some time.

PREDICTION #2

Ackanomic will gain recognition from several topside nations, including
Lichtenstein and the Republic of Texas. However, this recognition will
bring with it new responsibilities as Ackanomic is asked to hold a seat on
the UN security council.

PREDICTION #3

Several proposals will be introduced to celebrate Ackanomic's first
birthday, but all will fail as it is discovered that an egg in recent rule
changes made voting a crime punishable by public apology.  The torrent of
apologies will flood the mailing list causing new proposals to not even be
noticed.  This "apology crises" will make the great quorum crises look like
child's play.

PREDICTION #4

It will be discovered that Elvis is alive and hiding out in the Monument to
Futility.  However, he will be lost forever when Guy Fawkes buries him as
treasure with a map that contains only the word "rosebud"

PREDICTION #%

Players will wake up from their holiday stupor, return to their keyboards,
and on January 2nd, 1997, the flow of traffic on the Mailing List will
finally pop back up.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 22:33:17 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: KOLOT Ackanomic - Special Holiday Issue

NEWSPAPERS IN A MAD RUSH TO SAVE THEMSELVES

As the end of the calender month draws near, Ackanomic newspapers are
working around the clock to get eir next issue out.
The Steal Flea Gazzette has already capitalized on this media panic and
has attmepted to turn the current media crisis into a news event in its
own right. 

Kolot Ackanomic was never in any danger, its premiere issue having been
published earlier this calendar month. However, in keeping with its
commitment to keep its readers informed and address the issues, whatever
they are, it publishes this Special Holiday Issue.

At this time, it appears that some of our faithful press people will not
bounce back from the long Holiday which just ended.

What would be the short term and long term effects of this crisis?

The short term effect are pretty obvious. A sudden gap will be created in
the press scene with the consequence that a small number of publishers
will effectively control the news market. While this leaves Ackanomic in
the hands of a supposed information monopoly, it also puts a heavier
burden of responsibility on the publishers that will survive. 

In the long range, however, this might even be beneficial. Like a forest
fire which clears the way for new saplings, the gap would allow new faces
to get into the press scene. There is no way to know how long it will take
for such young talents to sprout forth and rise until they become a
house-hold name in Ackanomic.

Niccolo Flychuck
Editor

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:37:48 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Mad Scientist

Swann is the only volunteer for the office of Mad Scientist, and
thus now has that office.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 22:57:55 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka : My webpages - expected short downtime

Tonight around 21:00 EST (Dec. 31) some upgrading and reorganization are
going to be done in actcom. Among them, reorganization of the web-server.

This will probably take approximately half an hour. During that time it is
possible that my web pages will be inaccessible. 

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 16:27:28 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: 'Round the Earth (Issue 3)

'Round the Earth, Issue 3 (31-Dec-96):
- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
'ROUND THE EARTH FORCED TO PUBLISH WITH NO NEW NEWS
malenkai, managing editor

Certain legislative forces, rumoured to be in league with
some of Acka's second tier papers, have rammed through
legislation forcing all papers to publish, regardless of
whether there is any actual news at all.  We're happy to
report that there is no real news to report; the shape of
the earth has not changed from the last time we reported it.

It seems the competetion has complied by trotting in some
psychics for some last minute predictions, or produced
long-winded editorials.  We don't have the time to do that,
unfortunately, so here's compliance for ya :)

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
SWANN APPOINTED MAD SCIENTIST
bruce goose, political correspondant

We have learned exclusively that Swann, outcast from the Ackanomic
Research Guild, has turned up as the Mad Scientist.  Rumor has it that
he will announce plans soon to construct something the likes of which
Acka has never seen.  Wait until we try to export it.

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVERTISEMENT

Any legal problems?  Consult Makenkai's Loophole Service.  Our rates
are cheap, and with inflation, getting cheaper.  Rates and references
available upon request.

[this ad space could be yours!! Ad rates are cheap]

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAME STATE LOOSE ENDS

The following game state loose ends are known about:

1) The nomination period for Registrar is over.
2) Jammer's land purchase request is still in senate vote
3) We are anxiously awaiting what the RuneMaker does this Otzma day
4) It is permissible to guess a magic letter on the Machine that goes *ping*
5) 'Round the Earth wonder's if the Acting Promoter has taken a round
the world cruise :)
6) 'Round the Earth knows of exactly one word that contains the letters
'qa' consecutively.

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ROUND THE EARTH TO PAY FOR TREASURE MAPS

'Round the Earth is willing to publish Treasure Maps. In fact, we will
pay A$10 for all bona-fide submissions, and intend to keep all such
submissions on our corporate web pages.

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILLER
malenkai, managing editor

Since this is a pretty lame-o issue, we figured we'd end it with some
bandwidth wasting filler.  The following statistics are Ackanomic
e-mails received by me, by month, since I switched e-mail clients in
April 96.  May is the first full month for which figures are available:

Month     e-mails received   megabytes of e-mail received
- -----     ----------------   ----------------------------
May            1184                2.90
June           1540                3.70
July           1944                4.98
August         1521                3.58
September      2442                5.86
October        1889                4.33
November       1229                2.92
December*      1834                4.19

*preliminary

Like the competetion, 'Round the Earth hopes e-mail volume picks up a
little bit.

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
SORRY FOR THE LAME ISSUE

'Round the Earth, Acka's #1 newspaper, apologizes for the lame issue, and
assures its readers that the next one will be up to its high standards.

Also, here's hoping Acka is as fun in 97 as it was in 96

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:53:00 -0800 (PST)
From: fnord <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *ping* Magic Letter Request

Oh, Scholar of things *ping*, I would like to guess a Magic Letter.

The letter of my choosing is 'm'

fnord -5 *ping* Magic Letter

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 17:37:05 -0500
From: [email-masked] (Steven A. Swiniarski)
Subject: Re: Acka: Mad Scientist

>
>Swann is the only volunteer for the office of Mad Scientist, and
>thus now has that office.
>
>Malenkai
>
>
[ahem] (manic grin) <tap tap....1...2...3...testing>
(whine of feedback)

They all laguged at me back at the Academy, puny fools with puny little
minds.  I'll show them, I'll show them all!  

<what? Oh yeah...>

Bwahahahahahah!

Swann, Mad Scientist.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 17:47:22 -0500
From: [email-masked] (Steven A. Swiniarski)
Subject: Acka: Mad: Scientist: Babble

ve apprach the micrphone...

<tap, tap, whine, screach--thing on?>

Ach, the time has come!  I am building a monster and its name is <drum roll>
Tickle-me-Elmo!

Yes this fendish creature shall ravage the countryside and reduce the population
into gibbering madness (or is that mad gibberningness?)

Ov course, such activity requires a fresh supply of Frankenstein parts, and
I request all Ackanomicans with an open-minded view of _Science_ (unlike
those fools who booted me out of the Academy!) will provide me with the
raw materials I need for my work.  You may leave them out on the lawn in
front of my house, or e-mail them to me at: [email-masked]

Mad Scientist Swann

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:11:11 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: Re: Acka: 'Round the Earth (Issue 3) Loose ends #2 and 6

> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> GAME STATE LOOSE ENDS
> 
> The following game state loose ends are known about:
> 
> 1) The nomination period for Registrar is over.
> 2) Jammer's land purchase request is still in senate vote
> 3) We are anxiously awaiting what the RuneMaker does this Otzma day
> 4) It is permissible to guess a magic letter on the Machine that goes
*ping*
> 5) 'Round the Earth wonder's if the Acting Promoter has taken a round
> the world cruise :)
> 6) 'Round the Earth knows of exactly one word that contains the letters
> 'qa' consecutively.
> 
#2)

Err . . .

Quorum achieved: 21 Eligible voters - 15 Players cast votes
9 YES votes - 4 NO votes - 3 PRESENT votes - Proposal PASSES

Proposal 1554 - Thu, 12 Dec 1996 22:46:34 -0600 (CST)
Land Baroncy
Jammer (John-Martin Lotz)

Jammer gains 5 (+bonus) points:

YES Votes:
- ---------

/dev/joe                     Vulcan

snowgod                      (None Yet)
Guy Fawkes                   (None Yet)
ThinMan                      Vulcan
Niccolo Flychuck             Vulcan
Lestrade
Habeous Corpus
Jammer
Vulcan Unity Vote

NO Votes:
- --------
Mohammed
fnord
23 Skidoo
Swann

PRESENT Votes:
- -------------

Robert Sevin                 Harf
breadbox
Malenkai                     Harf

Abstentions:
- -----------

Bascule
AirHead                      Harf
Clairence
Techno                       Harf
mr cwm                       (None Yet) (vacationing)
Calvin N Hobbes              Harf

New Players Who Are Not Yet Active:
- ----------------------------------
BuzzBee
G. Peefalt

[Am I forgeting anyone?]

Text of Passed Proposal:
- -----------------------
     This is a Modest proposal.

     For the purposes of this rule, the area of Acka is the map of Acka
     as currently maintained by the Map Harfer. For the purposes of
     this rule, occupied places are locations that a player owns and
     places that are officially set aside in the rules. For the
     purposes of this rule, unoccupied places are all places within the
     area of Acka, that are not occupied places.

     All players entering the game are allocated one kaa with the area
     of Acka. Any active player may purchase an unoccupied place within
     Acka by paying the current rate.
     The current rate starts at 50 A$, and every week the keeper of
     Random events shall either raise the rate by five percent (5%)
     raise the rate by 1%, keep the rate the same, reduce the rate by
     one percent(-1%), or reduce the rate by five percent (-5%). While
     the current rate may be a decimal value, the rate that a player
     pays to purchase the place shall be given in the integer portion
     of the current rate.

#6)
A Qatari is a citizen of the country of Qatar

MS Bookshelf dictionary

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:11:26 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1593

Proposal 1593
Amend R 505
Malenkai

[I needed to amend R 505 to allow entities which are unowned by any
acka player to not be in the treasury.  This will eliminate precedence
claims like those in R 1348.2, and make rules like "Museum" work without
the precedence claim.  It will also allow items to leave acka and not
also be in the Treasury.

I threw in the CFJ 325 fix while I was here, not to steal anyone's thunder,
but I was going to do this amendment anyway.
]

This is a Modest proposal.

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 505, "Treasury and AckaDollars", as follows:

I.  In section II of the rule, replace

"
The Treasury is a named, unownable entity that serves as a storing house
for entities that belong to no Player
"

with

"
The Treasury is a named, unownable entity that serves as a storing house
for entities that belong to no Player, except for those entities for which
the rules explicitly state are not in (or considered to be in) the Treasury.

{{all entities in the Treasury that were donated to the Museum are
transferred from  the Treasury to the East Wing of the Museum, and
all necessary transactions are performed to set the state of such items
and the Museum to the state they would be in had the above amendment been
in force when P 1551 was accepted.}}
"

II.  In section VI of the rule, remove:

"If the item is a Trinket, it is converted into its value in A$ upon
transferrence to the Treasury."

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 1348.2, "Buried Treasure!", to remove

"This clause has precedence over R 505."

from the second paragraph.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:12:21 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1594

Proposal 1594
Beldin's Pants
Malenkai

Create a new rule entitled "Beldin's Tailor", which reads:

"
The bearer of the Magic Potato is also Beldin's Tailor.  Beldin's 
Tailor has the privilege of amending the rule entitled "Beldin's Pants"
as described in this rule, if and only if they were not the last player
to amend that rule via the methods described in this rule.

Beldin's Tailor may amend the rule entitled "Beldin's Pants" in any one
of the following ways by publically announcing the amendment, provided
said amendment is unambiguous:

1) They may replace any one word in the rule with a different word.
The new word must appear in the Official Dictionary or elsewhere in the
rules.

2) They may delete any one word in the rule, and, as part of this
amendment, optionally delete an article which directly precedes the
deleted word (if one happens to directly precede it).

3) They may add any one word anywhere in the rule, and, as part of 
this amendment, optionally add one article to directly precede the new
word.  The new word must appear in the Official Dictionary or elsewhere
in the rules.

4) They may add or delete one piece of standard English language
punctuation, or change one piece of punctuation to another piece of
standard English language punctuation.  Square brackets and curly braces
are not considered standard English language punctuation for the
purposes of the preceding sentence.

For the purposes of the above, the articles are 'a', 'an', and 'the'.

The rule entitled "Beldin's Pants" may not be amended by the Spelling
Bee, by Common Sense Report (CSR), or by an effect generated by a CSR.
This paragraph has precedence over rules 421 and 1022.
"

- -------------------------------------------------------------------

Create a new rule entitled "Beldin's Pants", which reads:

"
Beldin's Pants are a Garment, initially Somewhere Else.  Beldin's
Pants may only be transferred as described in the rules.  Beldin's
Pants are unique.

The wearer of Beldin's Pants loses 1 Ackadollar every Thursday at noon.
"

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:12:49 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1595

Proposal 1595
The Golden Baton of Ackanomia
Lestrade (John Duncan)

The Golden Baton of Ackanomia is hereby created. It is unique, and will
always be in the possession of one player.

The possessor of the Golden Baton shall be the author of a proposal that
ends with the digits '09. When that proposal is made public the previous
possessor will post a public message containing within the message the
words "passing the baton". At the initial occurance, P1609, or when a
player is on vacation or left the game, the President shall pass the
baton.

The holder of the Golden Baton will have the privilege of waving it
about during parades.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:13:48 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1596

Proposal 1596
Ammend Party Hall
Niccolo Flychuck

This is a Modest Proposal

Ammend R726 "Party Hall" to read in full:
"
I. Party Hall is an Institution. Party Hall is in session when there are
three or more Swingers. 
II. the number of members of Party Hall is equal to the number of Parties
plus the number of Capital Swingers plus one. Each member is a Political
Officer known as a Swinger. The Office of Swinger is an Optional Political
Office.
III. There are three kinds of Swingers: Party Swingers,
Capital-Swingers, NAP Swingers
A. Party Swingers - 
1. Each Party has exactly one Swinger's Office in Party
Hall. Each Party's Office may be filled by a member of that Party selected
by the Party, by a method decided upon by the Party.
2. A PartySwinger can be impeached by the procedure for Impeachment
described
by the rules with the additional provision that at least one of the votes
in favor of Impeachment was cast by a member of eir Party.
This section takes precedence over R404 and R403 where there is a
conflict.
3. Whenever a Party's Swinger Office becomes vacant, the Party may appoint
another member of the Party in eir stead. 
4. When a Party's Swinger or Acting Swinger is on Vacation, that Party may
appoint another one of its member as Acting Swinger.
5. If all members of a Party are on Vacation then no Acting Swinger is
appointed for that Party.
6. If a Party Swinger leaves a Party, then e immediately ceases to be a
Swinger for that Party.
7. A Party Swinger may resign at any time.
8. When a Party dissolves its Swinger's Office continues to exist for 7
days after it dissolves. During those 7 days the Swinger's Office is
considered to be On a Limb. If it is legal to purchase a Capital Swinger's
Office, then a Swinger who occupies a Swinger's Office which is On a Limb
has the option of purchasing a Capital Swinger's Office for a price which
A$100 hiegher than the price as calculated in section B of this rule. If a
Swinger exercises this option then the  Swinger's Office becomes a Capital
Swinger's Office, and retains all of its PartyChessPieces and its current
board position.  
At the end of those 7 days, if the Swinger has not exercised the above
option, the Swinger's Office is destroyed and all of its pieces are
destroyed.
This section precedence over section B 2 of thie rule.

B. Capital Swingers - 
Capital Swinger Offices are Tradable.
If  there are fewer than 7 non-Warm Swinger Offices in Party Hall, then
additional Offices can be created in the following manner:
1. Any player who is not currently a Swinger may announce eir desire to
purchase an Office of Capital Swinger
2. An amount of A$ equal (100 + (Number of Swingers multiplied by 50)) is
transferred from that player's account to the Treasury
3. The player names eir Office a legal Ackanomic name.
4. Swingers who acquire their Offices in this manner are known as Capital
Swingers
5. When a Capital Swinger goes on Vacation, no acting Swinger is
appointed. If a Capital Swinger's Office changes ownership, then the
previous owner ceases to be a Swinger, and the new owner becomes Swinger
in eir stead.
6. A Capital Swinger may resign at any time. In such a case, the Office of
Swinger e resigned from is destroyed

C. NAP Swinger

1. The NAP Swinger's Office is filled by general election as described in
the rules with the following exceptions:
a. Only non-aligned players, that is, players who are not members of any
political party, are eligible to run for the Office of NAP
Swinger.
b. Each vote sent in by a non-aligned player is counted as if it were two
two votes.
2. The Player who holds the NAP Swinger's Office continues to be NAP
Swinger until e either resigns, is impeached, or becomes a member of a
Party.
3. The NAP Swinger may be impeached according to therules describing
impeachment, with the additional requirement that e can only be impeached
if at least half the active non-aligned players vote for the impeachement,
regardless of the number of players who voted on the IP.
This section takes precedence over R404 and R403 where there is a
conflict.

4. If there are no non-aligned players, then there is no NAP Swinger
Office.
5. When the NAP Swinger goes on Vacation, the Speaker shall appoint a
non-aligned player as Acting NAP Swinger. If the Speaker is a member of a
Party, then e may not be an Acting Swinger emself.

IV. If A Swinger's Office remains vacant for more than 6 days then the
Office is declared a Warm Office, until it is no longer vacant.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:14:46 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1597

Proposal 1597
Amend R1269 "Newton, Apples, and Parties"
Niccolo Flychuck

This is a Modest Proposal.
Ammend R1269 "Newton, Apples, and Parties" In the following ways.

1. Replace the text "NoS-1" with the the text "NoS"
2. Replace the text "NoS-2" with the the text "NoS-1"
3. Replace the text "NoS-3" with the the text "NoS-2"
4. Replace the text "NoS-4" with the the text "NoS-3"
5. Replace the text "NoS-5" with the the text "NoS-4"
6. Replace the text "NoS-6" with the the text "NoS-5"

7. Ammend section 4 subsection a to read in full
a. Any set of Swingpoint can be converted to points to be added to the
player's score according to the formula points added = Swingpoints*2

8. Append to section 2 subsection a the following text:
"According to the formula in section 4a of this rule."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:15:37 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1598

Proposal 1598
ammend 1311
Niccolo Flychuck

This is a Modest Proposal.

Append the following text ro R1311 "Time Zone":
"When a day of the week or a day of the month is specified, and no time of
day is specified, then the action is said to occur at 12:00, noon on that
day."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:18:13 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1599

Proposal 1599
No False Modesty
Jammer

This is a modest proposal

Any time a modest proposal is made, any active player may
call for a modesty trialby posting ies accusation and resoning as 
to why the proposal is not modest.

A modesty trial must be requested before the results of any voting
on the proposal is announced. and only one modesty trial may occur 
a calendar month.and no player may be the subject of 2 two trials 
sucsessively.  

If a trial is called, a random, unenvolved active player is selected
as Manner Minder,  The Manor Minder calls for the question by
posted, "This is trial of false modesty,  <Name of accused> stands 
accused of Overwelming Oer Modesty on the issue of <Name, 
Idnetification and text of Proposal in question>  What say you."

All active players vote either "That was a Proposal?" if it was 
modest, or "I'm Awestruck" if the proposal was not modest.

If a majority vote "That was a proposal?" the accuser loses 20 points
and cannot levy a charge of "False Modesty" until a successful charge
of False modesty has been made.

If a majority vote "I'm Awastruck" the accused loses 20 points

The Manner Minder is Paid A$ 10 \for services rendered>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 19:18:52 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1600

Proposal 1600
Elbow room
Jammer

This is a modest propsal.

A full Kaa of land is needed to build a space in a structure.

Any structure may have additional things built on to it, including
towers.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 20:15:30 -0600
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ghost (snowgod) 

I play "yti". It is now snowgod's turn.

Robert Sevin

>> > Turn order
>> > ----------
>> > Robert Sevin
>> > snowgod
>> > breadbox
>> > Lestrade

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 18:08:23 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 1600

> 
> Proposal 1600
> Elbow room
> Jammer
> 
> This is a modest propsal.
> 
> A full Kaa of land is needed to build a space in a structure.
> 
> Any structure may have additional things built on to it, including
> towers.

This proposal codifies existing game custom

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 18:18:24 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Martin Lotz)
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposal 1599 request for Spelling Bee

If a trial is called, a random, unenvolved active player is selected
> as Manner Minder,  The Manor Minder calls for the question by
> posted, "This is trial of false modesty 

becomes

If a trial is called, a random, unenvolved active player is selected
> as Manner Minder,  The Manner Minder calls for the question by
> posted, "This is trial of false modesty

changing Manor into Manner

and

If a majority vote "I'm Awastruck" the accused loses 20 points

becomes

If a majority vote "I'm Awestruck" the accused loses 20 points

changing Awastruck to Awestruck

Jammer

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 20:36:23 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ghost (snowgod) 

I play "nyti".  It is now breadbox's turn.

snowgod
who notices that
>
>Robert Sevin

is no longer ambiguous about the state of his headware.

>>> > Turn order
>>> > ----------
>>> > Robert Sevin
>>> > snowgod
>>> > breadbox
>>> > Lestrade

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 20:34:20 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: 'Round the Earth (Issue 3) Loose ends # 6 

>#6)
>A Qatari is a citizen of the country of Qatar
>
>MS Bookshelf dictionary

It's all acedemic now, but when I posted qa I had qaid in mind (which is an
alternate acceptable spelling for caid).

snowgod

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #432
*******************************