Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #415
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Friday, December 20 1996       Volume 01 : Number 415

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 23:39:32 +0000
From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Victorious Eggplant

> 	The problem is, each Nomic should keep its own records to some
> extent, and so there has to be a way to resolve discrepencies between the
> records of member nomics.  Either massive redundancy, or messy
> arbitration, or both. 
> 
> --Mohammed

I think arbitration has to be the way forward, but I don't see that
it has to be messy. Unless somebody wishes to become literate in the
ruleset of another nomic, I think it unfeasible for us to keep track
of Acka entities that have gone to another nomic. We should be aware
of those entities that have left our realm, but ownership beyond our
borders should I believe be regulated by the rules of those nomics
that have recieved said items. The problem is when and if they return
to Acka; if some bogus Pumpkin player not legally in possession of
the eggplant were to try to trade it back to acka. Would recognising 
a single body within a given nomic suffice? For instance, other 
nomics could accept our CFJ system as being the final arbiter of who 
owns what here. 

I spose there's another complication of further internomic trading; 
if there were to be a dispute between say Agora and the Pumpkin nomic 
over possession of an Acka entity; I think an internomic court (one 
is currently being discussed on internomic) would be the way forward 
in such cases. 

Well OK then it is fairly messy.

Bascule

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 15:49:38 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Duel/Ghost 

>The word indeed is a word involved in Russian politics, and it is my sincere
>hope that our official dictionary contains it. The word is guberniya.

The suspense is killing me... Is it, or isn't it in the official
dictionary?  I don't know, but I find it scary that oth Robert Sevin and I
were building to the same word.

In any case, I am giving Robert Sevin one last chance to denounce his
imaginary headware and bow out of this situation gracefully before the
results of the duel are announced.  Should he lose, I expect to see no more
of this

>Robert Sevin, who may or may not be...
>Wearing a Silly Vacation Hat

ambiguous headware floating around Ackanomic.  However, should he win, I
will happily create a trinket for him that he may place upo9n his head,
being an exact replica of his long-since-departed Silly Vacation Hat.

snowgod, who may or may not have...
won a dule with Robert Sevin, who is definitely not, but seems to think
that he may or may not be...
Wearing a Silly Vacation hat

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:14:23 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Victorious Eggplant 

>I spose there's another complication of further internomic trading;
>if there were to be a dispute between say Agora and the Pumpkin nomic
>over possession of an Acka entity; I think an internomic court (one
>is currently being discussed on internomic) would be the way forward
>in such cases.
>
>Well OK then it is fairly messy.
>
>Bascule

I encourage everyone involved in this discussion to view Mohammed's United
Nomics Web Page at

http://www.cbu.edu/~jorendor/nomic/un.html

While an internomic game has already been established, perhaps his ideas
for object ransfer (SPOTS) could serve as a basis for any proposals dealing
with internomic trading.

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 18:11:58 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Bomb Shelter 

I am climbing down from the Tower of Bandwidth, my business there complete,
and seeking refuge in the Bomb Shelter.

snowgod
who acutally has a postive score

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 18:21:25 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: WTB: Scrolls 

I am looking to purchase several Scrolls of Crumble.  Will pay A$150 per
scroll.
snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 21:39:46 -6:00
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: RL Holiday Greeting

Sorry to waste bandwidth, but for those that still believe, here you 
go...

- -------------- Enclosure number 1 ----------------
 * This message contains the file '@loha01.@ha', which has been
 * uuencoded. If you are using Pegasus Mail, then you can use
 * the browser's eXtract function to lift the original contents
 * out to a file, otherwise you will have to extract the message
 * and uudecode it manually.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 22:01:56 -6:00
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Fictionary

Okay bluffers, It is time for the new ing word.

'ing' word for this round is "zebub"

Techno
playing for Guy Fawkes while he is on vacation.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 22:07:31 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: RL Holiday Greeting

Techno wrote:
> Sorry to waste bandwidth, but for those that still believe, here you 
> go...
> 
> -------------- Enclosure number 1 ----------------
>  * This message contains the file '@loha01.@ha', which has been
>  * uuencoded. [...]
> begin 660 @loha01.@ha
> M0T5&6#[B``#MO7F89<=5)Q@O2U)*LBQC,.#&!:YLX:Y^H`^D%/ZDJ2E)3U9A
> MO$CV[7*!X<-?@5'[FYP/;/>8DKZY_#&,6)KNIFF,<,]`T9AR`S+&>),EE9:T
> M]GTIJ5;5DK5F5NZ9+U^^];Z[Q/Q^OXC[\F7FRU+97S-#]Y14[^:-<R-.G#AQ

What kind of file was this supposed to be?  I decoded it but the
result is a binary of an unknown type.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 22:09:09 -0600 (CST)
From: T Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Bomb Shelter 

>I am climbing down from the Tower of Bandwidth, my business there complete,
>and seeking refuge in the Bomb Shelter.
>
>snowgod

Grabbing my most precious possessions and the ancient Tome, I scramble to
the bomb shelter, giving my floating home one last look before the tornado
arrives. My faith in the clemency of the great weather gods is unshaken, the
Golden Frog will intercede on my behalf.

Cn(H-1!)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 22:54:56 -0600 (CST)
From: T Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Newspapers 

By this public message, I create two newspapers, paying A$40 to the treasury.

The first is called the Ackanomic Rule Review (pron: "R" for it's initials
ARR) and will publish articles about specific rules and proposals and their
effects, changes, discussions. It will feature the two articles, one
presenting a point of view, another a counter point as its main component.
It will also do special interviews with people in office. It will focus on
the day to day events.

The second is called Eureacka (pron: eureka for purists, your-acka for
aficionados) and will be a forum for theoretical discussions, discuss where
Acka is going, ideologies, concepts, etc, what is good with the system, but
also point out flaws, how acka could be refined, things that should be
removed, its format, etc. It will look at long term issues in preference.

Publisher would like censure to be nonexistent. You are welcome to submit
articles for one or the other. Publication under pseudonyms is not
considered out of the ordinary. Scathing critiques, praising articles
equally welcome (within reason).

CnH

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 23:14:19 -0600
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Bomb Shelter 

I beat a hasty retreat to the bomb shelter, still waiting to see the outcome
of my duel.

Robert Sevin, who may or may not be...
Wearing a Silly Vacation Hat

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 23:21:41 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Bomb Shelter

> I beat a hasty retreat to the bomb shelter, still waiting to see the outcome
> of my duel.

You don't need to do this.

From rule 1253:
> If a Bomb Shelter exists, all players are Sheltered,
> regardless of their Location.

/dev/joe
Still reading the rules

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 00:22:59, -0500
From: [email-masked] (MR JOHN E COFFMAN)
Subject: beeline to the Bomb Shelter 

Hi everyone:

I am truly a simple Acka-lyte.  I am franticly trying to learn all of 
your Rules, but in the meantime, it seems that I need to get mineself 
to the bomb shelter.  Forgive me if my humble knowledge of the rules 
is lacking, but this twister looks like it means business.  

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
- -------------------------------------------
clang clang clang [knocking on the metal shelter door]

"Please let me in and take a donation from my new A$ account, if 
necessary!"
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
- -------------------------------------------

We don't have twisters in the Patch.  Comparatively, life there is 
simple.  Yet the whimsical culture of the two nomics is remarkably 
similar. 

The Patch, too, has a new leader.  Our Fifth Pumpkin, Flaming Brandon 
Kruse the Zuke Suit, has just been inaugurated this week.  He has 
promised a Metamucil Administration.  Perhaps we could plan a 
diplomatic meeting between our two new leaders, complete with a Royal 
State Dinner and party on New Year's Day.  Pumpkin Patch Nomic will 
be celebrating its first full year of existence on that holiday.

Another thought: I am glad to see that Acka is supportive of the 
Patch joining Internomic, but why does Prop. 318 drop 'Imp. Nomic 14' 
from the list?

(I'm going to be on vacation for a week.  When I return, I will 
contribute more.  If it's an emergency, I can be reached during the 
next four days at--   [email-masked])

Season's greeting to all of Flatland!

Wishing fertile cross-pollination between Acka & PPN,
BuzzBee

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 23:57:30 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Christmas

I will be staying with my parents for the next couple weeks, which means I
won't be reading my mail as actively as I normally would.  I will not be
going on vacation, though, and I will still be checking in and keeping
things somewhat updated.  I might do a quickie job on some things (like
posting the text of all new proposals within a giant <PRE> block instead
of formatting them), but I will do a minimal job of keeping things going.

Hoepfully the president will declare a holiday over part of this upcoming
period, which is a real-life vacation for many of our players.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #415
*******************************