Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #402
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest      Saturday, December 14 1996      Volume 01 : Number 402

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 21:52:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Secret Decoder Ring

>> I won't post the map to the list, because it's kind of big (over 8K,
>> in fact), what with all this recent discussion about large files
>> breaking people's mailboxes. Instead, the map can be found at
> 
> There is at least one player (Habeous Corpus), who does not have web
> access.  R 1348.2 allows discrimination in the treasure hunt, but it
> would be nice, if feaseable, if you could find a way to allow those
> without web access to participate.  If you cannot, I understand.

My apologies; I hadn't considered that. I would, of course, have been
happy to mail it directly to anyone who wanted to see it. (Or I could
have just mailed it to the list, if no one had any objections.) Of
course, as it turns out, /dev/joe decoded my map in less time than it
took me to create it. (Just how long DID it take you, /dev/joe?)

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 23:55:10 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Traveling

> > Upon breadbox granting permission, I will visit his house.
> 
> /dev/joe! What a nice surprise! Come in, come in. Can I get you
> something to drink? I'd offer you no tea, but I'm still trying to find
> that.... Yikes! What's this? The Exquisite Dead Guy, here on my coffee
> table! And after I went through all that trouble to bury it. How
> could that have happened? Oh, that's right, I set it up to do that
> myself. Anyway, would you like this Trinket, /dev/joe? Here you
> go. Enjoy!

Actually, I am already hot on the trail of the no tea, but I have to wait
for something else to happen before I can find it.  In any case, I am
carrying my Exquisite Dead Guy home with me now, and displaying him in
a window of /dev/house.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 21:55:32 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Proposals 1555 and 1561

> >         Is it true in general that parenthetical statements are
> > non-binding?  Often I put ()s around rule/proposal text that is
> > technically necessary but merely annoying from a stylistic point of
> > view.
> 
> I never thought parnethetical content was non-binding.  If so, I sense
> a paradox win or a Chartreuse Goose coming my direction soon ...

Parenthetical content is certainly binding. Only brackets [ ] are
non-binding.

b

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #402
*******************************