Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #390
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest      Tuesday, December 10 1996      Volume 01 : Number 390

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 20:19:18 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC 2 -- players consolidation

Guy Fawkes wrote:
 
> RFC 2
> Players
> Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)

One thing I forgot.  You will have to handle Techno's bond promissories,
I believe.  Something like

{{All Bond Promissories associated with registered players are converted
to PFBonds in that player's name.}}

or some such.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:48:02 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Re: Acka: Vacation 

>I'm sorry I'll miss the Presidential Election, but I wish to express my
>support for Niccolo Flychuck.  snowgod has done an excellent job, but
>I think Niccolo Flychuck has a unique perspective on Ackanomic, and I'd
>like to see what he'll do as President.

Have no fear.  I will not be running against Niccolo Flychuck this
election.  I decided right after my re-election that I would not run for a
third consecutive term.  Better to spread the fun around... But before I
endorse anyone, I have to wait and see who all is running :)

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:48:04 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary Round 1 Results 

>ThinMan's definition, "Suitable for use as adornment", was not of the
>same part of speech as the Ing word and may be ridiculed by rule 5e.

I can't believe ThinMan would do such a silly silly thing as confuse his
parts of speech.  ThinMan of all people?  Suitable for use as adornment?
HA!  Not bloody likely :)

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:48:08 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Acka: Mohammed vs. Guy Fawkes: Superstar Showdown 

I am excercising my privlidge as President to announce that the Duel
between Guy Fawkes and Mohammed has begun.  I wish both contestants well,
as neither of them have displayed the audacity to claim that their personal
airspace is a hat, or that they are the law. :)

Futhermore, I am inviting the winner of the Duel over to my house for
dinner.  We can have little lamb and (if I'm lucky) Magic Potato!

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:54:48 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Acka: Dueling Stuff 

Mr Corpus,

Would you please be so kind as to inform the esteemed Robert Sevin that It
is my sicerest wish that when he loses the upcoming duel, he will see the
light and cease making rediculous claims about his headware?  You may also
tell him that If i were, by some fluke, to lose the duel, I will purchase
for him a prosthetic forehead that resembles his departed Silly Vacation
Hat in every way.  Make sure he is aware that if he agrees to these terms,
the rule make us bound to honor them.

Thank you,
snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 21:42:35 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC 2 -- players consolidation

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> > Upon a player legally taking the name of an existing Undead, the following
> > procedure takes place, in the order shown.
> > 1) The Undead which shares the player's name is destroyed.
> 
> Does the Undead have to stop haunting first?  Can he haunt after being
> destroyed :)

This sort of bugs me, too, but it's the way it is now, and I really do 
like the language that forbids the manipulation of haunted entites except 
through the action of the Undead.  Of course, I could say, "The undead 
gives all its haunted entites to the player" and then destroy it.

> Search the rules for "On Ice", if you must remove it :(.
> Rearch the rules for "457", and renumber 457 with the rest of them.

I could have sworn I did renumber 457.

A second look at 457, and I don't have to remove on ice, now that I 
remember than iced players are still on vacation.

> I thought we set a player's score to 0 when they left, unless it was
> negative, in which case we kept it.  In this case, it looks like a loophole
> for a player with a negative score to get rid of it.  Of course, such 
> a player could submit 60 + their score CFJs and retract them to achieve
> the same effect, something I've never liked about that -60 rule.  Wayne
> wrote a really cool proposal ages ago, I do not remember the number,
> which is an excellent demonstration of this principle.  I know its no
> big deal, but it was a fun looking proposal.  Sorry for digressing.

Tick marks were my attempt to preserve the current scoring upon leaving 
and reentry within a cycle, based on misreading "maximum" instead of 
"minimum" in R962.2 "Player Leaving/Returning Process."  That 
misunderstanding cleared up, they are now a former idea.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 00:01:04 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Parade Description

The following parade description is interesting.

The parade started at /dev/house, where the Great Trombone was picked
up.  More musicial accompaniment was needed, though, because trombone
music was being supplanted by tales of monsters and marshes that could
not be interrupted.  So the troupe circled Xanadu 1187 times until
mr cwm chimed in with musical accompaniment.

Given life by Proposal 1476, the parade searched on.  Round and round
the earth it went, looking for the 254 votes.  Found not were these
votes, so it pressed on down Roosevelt Blvd, towards Cow Town.  Through
a strange tangle of mist and vines it passed, as each molecule of water
in Cow Town's lake was now suspended from the earth by tethers, held
not by gravity.  How the flood could impose such a state on water is a
mystery only the AckaPhysicist can ravel, it is not a problem for
parades to dwell on.

On we pressed to a carnival, where only one of every 4 cotton candy 
vendors was selling candy; the others hawked just fluff.  An interesting
sight we did see, a Gnome wearing a Silly Vacation Hat.  Such was 
approproprite told was I by the Harfmeister, for the Gnome is not dead,
only vacationing.  Such words did cause those less civilised in the
troupe to take to fighting, but such barbarism I did ingore, spurred
on by that which is hidden behind proposal 1476, and by the nagging 
question: "is the Harfmeister hogging the harf?".

Malenkai

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #390
*******************************