Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #372
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Monday, December 2 1996       Volume 01 : Number 372

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 20:35:50 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1501

Proposal 1501 -- Sun 1 Dec 20:31 CST 1996 
Vault Divination II
Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)

This is a Modest Propsal.

The CV is hidden within the Gumball.  If a player eligible to find the CV 
legally chews the Gumball, he shall find it therein.  Other players may 
still chew the Gumball, but they shall not find the CV by doing so.  If 
the CV is sent Somewhere Else by Rule 1430, this rule shall repeal itself.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 20:38:42 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1502

Proposal 1502 -- Sun 1 Dec 20:34 CST 1996
Experts
Robert Sevin (Mitchell Harding)

Any player may become an Expert on any area or areas of the Ackanomic rule
set. An Expert in a given area must be knowledgeable about the area,
particularly including knowledge of relevant rules and CFJs. In order for a
player to become an Expert in a given area they must publicly state their
desire to become an Expert, and they must declare the area (or areas, if
they wish to become an Expert in more than one area simultaneously) in
which they wish to be considered an Expert. The Senate has 2 weeks to
discuss the matter. They must vote to grant the player the title of Expert
in each requested area. If half (or more) of the Senate votes to grant the
player the title of Expert in a given area, the player becomes an Expert in
that area. By the end of the 2 week period the Senate must publicly
announce the results of their voting, and declare what area(s) (if any) the
player is an Expert in. If the Senate does not declare a player an Expert
in a requested area, they have the option of posting the reasoning for
their decision. There is no limit to the number of areas a player may be an
Expert in, and there is no limit to the number of players that may be an
Expert in a given area.

When deciding whether or not a player is an Expert in a given area, the
Senate must consider the following criteria:

1. The player must be well versed in all rules and CFJs relevant to the area.
2. The player must be keeping up to date with any relevant new proposals.
3. The player must be honest, and willing to interpret the rules when a
conflict arises that is relevant to their area of Expertness. They must do
so without bias.
4. The area must be well-defined and specific.
5. The area must not be too broad (ie "the rules" is too broad, but "Acka
economy" isn't)
6. The area must not be so simple that everyone understands it well.

An Expert may publicly resign as an Expert in any given area (or areas).
This causes them to no longer be an Expert in that area (or areas). The
Senate may, at any time, vote to cause a player to no longer be an Expert
in any given area (or areas). The Senate must publicly announce their
intention to do so, and then publicly announce the results of their vote.
If 75% or more of the Senate votes to revoke the player's title of Expert
in a given area (or areas), the player loses that title (or titles). The
Senate must publicly give their reasoning for this decision.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 23:46:43 -0600 (CST)
From: T Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Prayer for Deliverance 

Astronautically speaking,
"laki atino makini lorhoho"
Is neither aerodynamical
Nor really astrobiologic.

CnH
saying thanks to GF

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 23:57:30 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka:  RFC Pinkerton, take 2

> Pinkerton is a unique, unownable entity that never sleeps.  Pinkerton is
> always either watching or working.
> 
> The symbol {{ at the start of a paragraph begins a trigger, unless
> it appears within a larger trigger or a note.  The trigger ends with the 
> next }} that occurs at the end of a paragraph and isn't inside a note.

Add "or at the end of the rule, whichever comes first"
I'm sure Malenkai will appreciate that (see P1387, and the recent CSR)

/dev/joe

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #372
*******************************