Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #369
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest      Saturday, November 30 1996      Volume 01 : Number 369

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 00:46:18 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Acting Tabulator)
Subject: Acka: Internomic 

Thiring has had a change of Liasons.  The new liason is Anthony Bailey
<[email-masked]>

snowgod
liason (but for how long? :)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 14:17:05 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: RuneMaker

I've made some changes to the RuneMaker's page.
Take a look and tell me about it.

I didn't draw any of the gifs myself, btw.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 14:30:30 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  tiers

On Thu, 28 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> Uri Bruck wrote:
> 
> > I think we should either add tiers, perhaps starting a move which would
> > eventually bring us towards a Power-like system (changing to such a system
> > overnight seems too big a change for me to do all at once), or go the
> > other route and abolish tiers entirely, as Malenkai suggests.
> 
> I hope to eliminate the immutables when I get back (give the boot to
> R 108, among a host of other changes), then someone can add more tiers
> if they like to a single tier ruleset.  I personally think tiers will
> add complexity with no compensatory benefits, and my goal now is to
> simplify and organize the rules as much as possible, so new players
> are not confused.
> 
> Malenkai
> 
I never argued for adding a tier system for its own sake. A tier system,
indeed, any structure, should be used if it has some function. 
I disagree with Malenkai, and I'll at least RFC my idea. I'm not that hung
up on it, it just seems like a good idea.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 12:52:01 -0500
From: [email-masked] (Super-User)
Subject: Acka: *ping* 

Today is Friday, the 29th day of November, in the Year of Our Lord 1996,
and the Machine That Goes *ping* Has Gone *ping* today.
Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 1 times.

Malenkai
Scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 07:53:46 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Swingpoints               

I looked the holiday rule to see that I won't be violating it by posting
this, and apparently I won't.

On Tuesday, Brinjal's 3 Swingpoints were converted into points. That
action happens automatically and does not require the Chess-Umpire's
intervention, so I'm telling you about it.

So
Nov. 26 Brinjal +2  Swingpoint conversion

Now, Tue. was also the time when new Swingpoints were supposed to be given
to Swinger. 
I'm giving them out now.

I have the highest positive Weight, so I get three Swingpoints.

The NAP Swigner has the second highest positive Weight, but there is no
NAP Swinger, so no one is receiving those Swingpoints. Swingpoints, unlike
players, are owned by the player, not by the Office. That's too bad, but I
hope there will a NAP Swinger soon to capitalize on eir PartyChess
position.

Might I take this opportunity to point out that Brinjal has left the NAP
Swinger Office in a fairly good condition, the Office still has many
off-board pieces (some of Robin Hood's purchases).

Perhaps Kolot should publish some PartyChess commentary.

Niccolo Flychuck
Chess-Umpire

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #369
*******************************