Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #358
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Friday, November 22 1996       Volume 01 : Number 358

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:04:44 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Bids

I bid A$130 for the Pyraic Frobnotzer.
I bid A$1 on the Go Fish cards.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 01:30:35 EST 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Otzma Auction

Habeous Corpus Bids A$5 for OCID 101 Go Fish

HC

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 01:23:47 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: *ping*

Today is Thursday, the 21st day of November, in the Year of Our Lord 1996, 
and the Machine That Goes *ping* Has Gone *ping* today. 
Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 5 times. 

/dev/joe
Scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 09:58:04 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Proposal 1460

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> Guy Fawkes wrote:
> > 
> > Proposal 1460 -- Wed 20 Nov 19:37 CST 1996
> > Games Bonus
> > Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)
> 
> > {{All G&C Counts are set to zero. A Bonus is created and given to
> > Malenkai. A Bonus Vote is created and given to Niccolo Flychuck}}
> 
> Since I only get a Bonus, and Niccolo gets a Bonus Vote, I should
> ask for retraction, unless we can construe this as intended.  Can we?
> 
> Malenkai
>
OOPS, typo!
If I'm not convinced in a few hours that we can, I'll retract and
resubmit.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 10:00:24 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Official - RuneMaker

I am creating two more Otzma Cards

OCID 104 Go Fish
OCID 105 Go Fish

I believe it is up to the Speaker to Auction those off.

Having created all the Otzma Cards allowed I am declaring this Otzma-Day
over.

Niccolo Flychuck
RuneMaker

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 01:20:21 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 320 Verdict

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> CFJ 320 has been judged TRUE.
> 
> Clerk of the Courts
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Call For Judgement 320
>   Subject: Dilocation of the Little Lamb
> Initiator: Guy Fawkes
>     Judge: IdiotBoy (relieved of duty to deliver verdict by R 962.2)
> 2nd Judge: Niccolo Flychuck (selected Nov 12, 1996, 00:43h EST)
> Judgement: TRUE

I am once again claiming the little lamb, or do I already have it? :)

snowgod
confused

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 01:22:50 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Snowgod  Bids

I bid A$152 for the Frobnotzer
I bid A$2 on a Go Fish card

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> I bid A$130 for the Pyraic Frobnotzer.
> I bid A$1 on the Go Fish cards.
> 
> Malenkai
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 01:25:31 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: You're gonna hate me

An emergency of sorts has come up, and I will be leaving town for about a
day (maybe two).  I will not place myself on vacation (hehe, i'm too tired
to do it - been up for twenty hours and my plane leaves in another 4).
I'll release all the voting results up to and including the results for x
where x is the date of my return (probably friday) upon x.

snowgod
who is much much too tired.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:46:49 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:   Bids

For all those players who are bidiing on Go Fish Cards.
Please specify which Card you are bidding for by OCID

Niccolo Flychuck

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Phil Ackley wrote:

> I bid A$152 for the Frobnotzer
> I bid A$2 on a Go Fish card
> 
> 
> On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:
> 
> > I bid A$130 for the Pyraic Frobnotzer.
> > I bid A$1 on the Go Fish cards.
> > 
> > Malenkai
> > 
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 08:14:57 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:   Bids

Uri Bruck wrote:
 
> For all those players who are bidiing on Go Fish Cards.
> Please specify which Card you are bidding for by OCID

1) I tried to specify my bid the way I read R 1023 to work.  You are
auctioning 3 things.  The three highest bids each win one of those
things.  Thus, the way I interpret the rules, the following bids have
been received in a single auction of 3 similar items:

A$5 - Habeous
A$2 - snowgod
A$1 - Malenkai

So if there is no further bidding, we all receive a Go Fish card.  This
is based on the interpretation that this is one auction of 3 similar
items, which I argue is the correct interpretation.  On the other hand,
since each has a different number, you could argue that it is 3 seperate
auctions of one thing, but that interpretation seems wrong to me.  It
will probably require a CFJ, unless we can work out a consensus 
interpetation.

Additionally, section 1 d) of R 1023 makes the Otzma Card auction 
*private*, as the rule that called the auction does not specify private
vs public, thus we are doing this wrong, too.

2) I initiate the auction of 2 Go Fish cards, based on the same 
interpretation as above.  This is a private auction, send me your bids.

3) snowgod's bid on the Frobnotzer was late.  My bid was on time, but 
my timestamp is 12 hours late, thus I broke the "No e-mail, no game"
rule, unintentionally.  I believe I still win the auction, but am
liable for CFCJ.  If anyone cares, I wanted my timestamp as close as
possible to "real world" time since I was submitting a last minute
bid, and screwed up the AM/PM when I adjusted it.

So, if you are going on time of bid, I win that auction for A$130.  If
you are going on timestamp of bid, Habeous wins at A$125.  Do we need
a CFJ here?

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 08:28:55 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 322 (Robert Sevin)

Robert Sevin has been chosen.

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 322
  Subject: Otzma Auction
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: Robert Sevin (selected Nov 21, 1996, 08:30h EST)
Judgement:

Statement:

At the time of this post, 3 Go Fish Otzma cards were being auctioned
in a single auction.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

The other interpretation is that there are 3 seperate auctions each
containing one card each.  As the auction was called in one post with
3 identical things, I would favor the interpretation of R 1023 in the
CFJ's statement.  On the other hand, each has a different id, so ...

Since id has no effect on the game state, I would argue that they are
identical, and thus are being auctioned in a single, multi-unit, auction.

In any case, hopefully this CFJ can be wrapped up quickly, before the
auction ends.

The RuneMaker's post calling the auction is produced below.  Note the
use of the terms "a public Auction" and "the Auction".  Of course,
"public" is incorrect, so just because it is written a particular way
does not make it correct.

> I have created three Otzma Cards so far, they are all of type Go Fish

> I am also anouncing the begining of a public Auction for the following
> Cards

> OCID 101 Go Fish
> OCID 102 Go Fish
> OCID 103 Go Fish

> Since the date in the ackanomic time zone is even, I shall be conducting
> the Auction.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 15:59:56 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:   Bids

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> Uri Bruck wrote:
> 
> > For all those players who are bidiing on Go Fish Cards.
> > Please specify which Card you are bidding for by OCID
> 
> 1) I tried to specify my bid the way I read R 1023 to work.  You are
> auctioning 3 things.  The three highest bids each win one of those
> things.  Thus, the way I interpret the rules, the following bids have
> been received in a single auction of 3 similar items:
> 
> A$5 - Habeous
> A$2 - snowgod
> A$1 - Malenkai
> 
> So if there is no further bidding, we all receive a Go Fish card.  This
> is based on the interpretation that this is one auction of 3 similar
> items, which I argue is the correct interpretation. 

Granted. This is indeed a single auction of three items. Anyway, it
achieves the desired results, of putting  a lot of Go Fish Cards out
there, before anything else is available. 

> 
> Additionally, section 1 d) of R 1023 makes the Otzma Card auction 
> *private*, as the rule that called the auction does not specify private
> vs public, thus we are doing this wrong, too.

I disagree with that interpretation. I think I can call it public. If I
didn't, it would have defaulted to private. 
> 
> 2) I initiate the auction of 2 Go Fish cards, based on the same 
> interpretation as above.  This is a private auction, send me your bids.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 09:09:47 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:   Bids

Uri Bruck wrote:

> > So if there is no further bidding, we all receive a Go Fish card.  This
> > is based on the interpretation that this is one auction of 3 similar
> > items, which I argue is the correct interpretation.
> 
> Granted. This is indeed a single auction of three items. Anyway, it
> achieves the desired results, of putting  a lot of Go Fish Cards out
> there, before anything else is available.

Ok, unless someone else disagrees with this interpretaion, I may
retract CFJ 322 sometime later (or I may leave it out there, CFJs are
fun).  I will go with the will of Acka, if any :)

> > Additionally, section 1 d) of R 1023 makes the Otzma Card auction
> > *private*, as the rule that called the auction does not specify private
> > vs public, thus we are doing this wrong, too.
> 
> I disagree with that interpretation. I think I can call it public. If I
> didn't, it would have defaulted to private.

I would check the Otzma Card rule (and I'm off to work so I can't right
now).  If the *rule* is calling the auction, it is private.  If *you*
are calling the auction, you may be able to do this, although this is
manipulation of a protected action, IMO, so *I* don't think you can do
it.  My take is that rules always call auctions unless it is something a
player is doing on their own with items they own.  If our justice system
wasn't so slow, I'd CFJ this too, but I haven't the time.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 16:35:14 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:   Bids

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:
> I would check the Otzma Card rule (and I'm off to work so I can't right
> now).  If the *rule* is calling the auction, it is private.  If *you*
> are calling the auction, you may be able to do this, although this is
> manipulation of a protected action, IMO, so *I* don't think you can do
> it.  My take is that rules always call auctions unless it is something a
> player is doing on their own with items they own.  If our justice system
> wasn't so slow, I'd CFJ this too, but I haven't the time.
> 
> Malenkai
>
I'm not sure I agree with this, but  I'll play it safe, and argue the case
later.

The message that called auction was erroneous, the auction was called by a
rule and was therefore private (safe arguable interpretation).

Private Auction only requires that the Auctineer keep it private, it does
not require that bids be made privately, so I will consider the bids that
were already made as valid bids (and my apologies to the bidders for the
publicity of the situation)

If anyone finds this whole proceeding distastefull, I am just trying my
best to follow the rules, this is my first Auction, and you can always
CFCJ if you really feel strongly about it.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 10:43:37 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: acka: Proposal 1460

Malenkai wrote:

>Guy Fawkes wrote:
>> 
>> Proposal 1460 -- Wed 20 Nov 19:37 CST 1996
>> Games Bonus
>> Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)
>
>> {{All G&C Counts are set to zero. A Bonus is created and given to
>> Malenkai. A Bonus Vote is created and given to Niccolo Flychuck}}
>
>Since I only get a Bonus, and Niccolo gets a Bonus Vote, I should
>ask for retraction, unless we can construe this as intended.  Can we?

I think it best to ask for a retraction and resubmission.  There is at
least one other type of bonus defined by the rules (Blue Cross Bonus),
so it is not necessarilly clear what the effect of the self-deleting
clause would be.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:38:54 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: retracting - Proposal 1460

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Bollinger, John C. wrote:

> 
> I think it best to ask for a retraction and resubmission.  There is at
> least one other type of bonus defined by the rules (Blue Cross Bonus),
> so it is not necessarilly clear what the effect of the self-deleting
> clause would be.
> 
> ThinMan
>
I accept the logic of this conclusion and formally, officialy and
otherwise retract this proposal, to be shortly resubmitted.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 14:54:03 -0500 (EST)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CSR 109

To:   Ackanomians
From: CSRR Officer mr cwm

In the interest of having the rules conform to the way Ackanomic is
actually played, I submit the following as CSR 109.  Note that two public
objections within next the three days will prevent this change from taking
place.  My thanks to Malenkai for this suggestion.

- --------

Insert the word "ramdomly" into R730 ("Steel Flea") before the first
occurance of the word "shall".

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:15:07 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CSR 109

mr cwm wrote:
> 
> To:   Ackanomians
> From: CSRR Officer mr cwm
> 
> In the interest of having the rules conform to the way Ackanomic is
> actually played, I submit the following as CSR 109.  Note that two public
> objections within next the three days will prevent this change from taking
> place.  My thanks to Malenkai for this suggestion.
> 
> --------
> 
> Insert the word "ramdomly" into R730 ("Steel Flea") before the first
> occurance of the word "shall".

Mabye we should put it after the word "shall".  This is the problematic
line from R 730:

> the Officer in charge of random things shall determine
> which lucky player has found the matchbox with Phoebe in it

I guess it doesn't much matter, although it seems to read better the
other way.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:17:26 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 321 Verdict

CFJ 321 has been judged TRUE.  I believe the Scorekeeper has been keeping
score in the CFJ 321 TRUE thread.

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 321
  Subject: Whamiol Treasure
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: IdiotBoy (relived of duty to deliver verdict by R 962.2)
2nd Judge: fnord (selected Nov 12, 1996, 00:45h EST)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

As of the time of this posting, snowgod buried a Treasure that
consists of a Whamiol.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

This looks like a strict/loose constructionalist sort of thing.  A
verdict of FALSE means that Habeous Corpus has his Whamiol back, a
verdict of TRUE means it is buried Treasure.  I quote snowgod's post:

> I am burying my Whamiol and creating the following treasure map:
>
> For to see his Whamiol again,
> and hold it near his score,
> Habeous Corpus must transfer some cash,
> A$500 to be exact,
> to snowgod, the would be extortionist.
>
> Do this and the Whamiols is buried no more.

Note that this has nothing to do with the discussion between myself and
Guy Fawkes as to whether the map posted must be genuine if it is in fact
deemed to be a Treasure.

fnord's Judgement:

Normally, I would be a strict constructionalist on this kind of thing.
The Rules state that in order to bury Treasure, the player should
"publically announce that they are doing so, and state what the
Treasure consists of."

In snowgod's statement, quoted previously, he merely states that he is
burying the Whamiol and that he is creating a Treasure Map.  According
to a strinct interpretation Rules, this is not enough.  He never stated
that the Whamiol is a Treasure, nor that he buried that specific Treasure.

However, there is game custom and precedence in existence to show that
you do not necessarily have to describe the entity as a Treasure and
then state that you are burying the Treasure.  Look at Treasure #104
listed on Malenkai's (very handy) Buried Treasure Archive
(http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackabta.htm).  It is another instance of
snowgod burying a treasure, but not by explicitly stating that his I
Palindrome I forehead was a Treasure and that that was the Treasure
he was burying.  No one complained at that time that he hadn't followed
the Rule for burying treasure.

It is this, along with the way Malenkai phrased his original
Statement (in the positive instead of the negative), that lead me to
a Judgement of TRUE.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:26:58 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 322 (Robert Sevin)

Malenkai wrote:
> 
> Robert Sevin has been chosen.
> 
> Clerk of the Courts
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Call For Judgement 322
>   Subject: Otzma Auction
> Initiator: Malenkai
>     Judge: Robert Sevin (selected Nov 21, 1996, 08:30h EST)
> Judgement: Retracted by Author

I am retracting CFJ 322.

Nov 21 18:29 EST: -1 Malenkai: retract CFJ 322

Malenkai
sorry for the inconvience

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 17:30:35 -0600
From: [email-masked] (Mitchell Harding)
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 322 (Robert Sevin) 

>Robert Sevin has been chosen.
>
>Clerk of the Courts
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Call For Judgement 322

I hereby decline.

Robert Sevin
Wearing a Silly Vacation Hat

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:34:46 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Auction Stuff

Clarifying auction stuff:

1) The auction for 3 "Go Fish" Otzma cards is being conducted by
Niccolo Flychuck.  This auction ends Nov 23, 1996 19:46 EST.

2) The auction for 2 "Go Fish" Otzma cards is being conducted by
Malenkai.  This auction ends Nov 24, 1996 08:14 EST.

3) Both auctions are private, and are of the style for multiple
items detailed in R 1023.  I see Niccolo's point about private vs
public (I'm not sure I agree), but in any case it would make sense 
to clarify that section of R 1369.1 (if Niccolo would like to do the
honors) or call a CFJ.

4) I assume Malenkai won the auction of the Frobnotzer at A$130, with
a commission of A$13 to Mohammed.  I will not use it for 3 days, just
in case.  Sorry for any confusion.

Malenkai
speaker

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:09:55 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1463

Proposal 1463 -- Thu 21 Nov 18:05 CST 1996
The Men In Black
Robert Sevin (Mitchell Harding)

The Men In Black exist and they cause all mysterious, inexplicable events in
Ackanomic. They wield enormous power, but no proof or evidence of this
exists. Once during every calendar month a player may publicly claim to have
seen The Men In Black up to something. They must describe in detail (yet
vaguely) what they witnessed. After this sighting is reported, a council of
players is called into existence, composed of the following players:

1. The Speaker
2. The Financier
3. The player with the highest score (in case of a tie, choose from the tied
players the player whose Ackanomic name comes first alphabetically, and the
player whose Ackanomic Name comes last alphabetically)
4. The player with the least currency (in case of a tie, choose from the
tied players the player who has the score closest to 57. In case of a
further tie, choose from the tied players the player whose Ackanomic name
comes closest to having 1 vowel. In case of a further tie, choose from the
tied players the player who has been in the game the longest. If this still
does not resolve it, randomly choose from the remaining players)
5. The player who most recently had one of their proposals pass

The council shall be made up of 5 players. If any of the above criteria
result in selecting the same player twice, the Speaker must randomly choose
from the remaining players until the council has 5 players on it. The player
that described the siting cannot be on the council. 

The council has 5 days to decide what The Men In Black were doing, and how
it effects Ackanomic. They must publish their results publicly. This
publication has absolutely no effect, except that if the council does not
publish it before the 5 day period ends, all players on the council lose 10
points. At least one newspaper must run a story about the activities of The
Men In Black.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:10:22 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1464

Proposal Thu 21 Nov 18:06 CST 1996
Games Bonus
Niccolo Flychuck
 
1. Every Ackanomic player has a G&C Count.
2. When  a proposal is accepted for either the Games & Contests section
or the General Equipment section of the Games & Contests web-page, the G&C
Count of the author of the proposal is incremented by 1
3. Whenever a player's G&C Count is incremented to an even number - a
Bonus Vote is created and given to that player.
 
{{All G&C Counts are set to zero. A Bonus Vote is created and given to
Malenkai. A Bonus Vote is created and given to Niccolo Flychuck}}

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:09:30 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1462

Proposal 1462 -- Thu 21 Nov 18:05 CST 1996
Better Dead than Red
Robert Sevin (Mitchell Harding)

All members of other Nomics have been discovered to be Communists. To this
end, Ackanomians must endeavor to:

1. Create anti-Communist legislation
2. Discover secrets from other Nomics that will advance the Ackanomic cause
3. Feel extremely self-righteous
4. Try and include as much anti-Communist sentiment as possible in public
messages
5. Attempt to discover and blacklist (redlist?) all Communists within Ackanomic
6. Hold bomb and air raid drills

If a player is discovered to be a Communist (through any means defined in
other rules) then that player faces criminal charges to be decided by the
President, but that must include a loss of currency and score, and also
should include a public chastisement that denounces Communism and promotes
Ackanomic. The player is then considered to no longer be a Communist (but
can be discovered to be one again if circumstances warrant).

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:10:49 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1465

Proposal 1465 -- Thu 21 Nov 18:06 CST 1996
Appeal to the People
Niccolo Flychuck

Append the following text to R201 following the first paragraph:
"Special Quorun is defined as at least 75% of the active players."

Replace the word "quorum" on the last line of R201 with the text:
"quorum or Special Quorum."

- -------
In R569, append the following text immediately following the fourth
paragraph:
"
Once an Appeal has been made to the Supreme Court, players who are not
Justices can vote on the
Appeal. The legal votes on an appeal are Uphold and Overturn. Votes are
sent to the clerk of the courts.
The Voting Period on an appeal is 7 days. If at the end of the Voting
Period the number of players who voted on an Appeal has reached Special
Quorum, and at least 2/3 of those players voted the same way, then vote of
those player overrides the decision of the Supreme Court, and is deemed to
be the decision of the Supreme Court.  If the Supreme Court had already
submitted their decision then the Justices are counted as if they voted
according to the Supreme Court's decision.
If the Justices had not delivered a verdict on time, and the vote had
already overridden their decision, then they are not required to deliver a
verdict, however, they are still required to set a fine, in cases where it
is necessary.
"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:11:17 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1466

Proposal 1466 -- Thu 21 Nov 18:07 CST 1996 
Otzma Card of Type Organization Expansion
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Create a rule entitled "Otzma Card of Type Organization Expansion" which
is a member of the Otzma Card Rule Suite and contains the following text:
"
An Otzma Card of this type can only be played in the public forum.
When a player who is a member of an Organization plays a Card of this
type then the Organization e is a member of, is considered to have one
member the number of players who are members of that Organization, for a
period of 7 days. If the player is a member of more than one Organization,
then e must specify which Organizations e is a member of the Card is to
affect.

Counter-Action: The Organization is no longer considered to have the extra
member.

This Rule takes precedence of all rules that concern Organizations.

The maximum number of Cards of this type in existence at any given time is
equal to twice the number of Organizations in existence.

"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:11:34 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1467

Proposal 1467 -- Thu 21 Nov 18:07 CST 1996
Untouch my Otzma
Niccolo Flychuck

Create a rule entitled "Otzma Card of type Untouch Me" which is a member
of the Otzma Card Rule Suite, and contains the following text:

"
An Otzma Card of type Untouch Me can only be played in the public forum.
When a card of this type is played it has the effect of rendering the
player who played it Untouchable for a period of 7 days
Its Counter-Action: The player who played this card ceases to be
Untouchable.

At any given there can be at most 18 Cards of this type in existence.

"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:11:50 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1468

Proposal 1468 -- Thu 21 Nov 18:07 CST 1996
Otzma Card of type Spread Them Bonuses
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Create  a rule entitled "Otzma Card of type Spread Them Bonuses", which is
a member of the Otzma Card Rule Suite", and contains the following text:
"
An Otzma Card of type Spread Them Bonuses can only be played in the public
forum. When a player plays this card, e must also anounce the number of a
proposal authored by emself that failed within the preceding seven days.
The effects of playing this card are as follows: Bonus Votes are created
equal in number to the absolute value of the difference between the number
of yes votes and the number of no votes that were cast on the proposal
named by the player. The player may take one Bonus Vote to emself, the
rest are given to players of eir choice.

If the player failed to post the number of a failed proposal e authored,
then the Card transforms into a Cheshire Cat style smile, and a few
seconds later it disappears.

Counter-Action : If the player who played the Card has two or more Bonus
Votes, then two of eir Bonus Votes are destroyed. Otherwise, 10 points are
deducted from eir score.
"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:12:12 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka : Proposal 1469

Proposal 1469 -- Thu 21 Nov 18:08 CSt 1996
Otzma Card of type Spread Them Bonuses
Niccolo Flychuck

Create  a rule entitled "Otzma Card of type Spread Them Bonuses", which is
a member of the Otzma Card Rule Suite", and contains the following text:
"
An Otzma Card of type Spread Them Bonuses can only be played in the public
forum. When a player plays this card, e must also anounce the number of a
proposal authored by emself that failed within the preceding seven days.
The effects of playing this card are as follows: Bonus Votes are created
equal in number to the absolute value of the difference between the number
of yes votes and the number of no votes that were cast on the proposal
named by the player. The player may take one Bonus Vote to emself, the
rest are given to players of eir choice.

If the player failed to post the number of a failed proposal e authored,
then the Card transforms into a Cheshire Cat style smile, and a few
seconds later it disappears.

Counter-Action : If the player who played the Card has two or more Bonus
Votes, then two of eir Bonus Votes are destroyed. Otherwise, 10 points are
deducted from eir score.

At any given time there can be at most 8 Cards of this type in existence.
"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:12:31 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1470

Proposal 1470 -- Thu 21 Nov 18:08 CST 1996
Share The Wealth
Niccolo Flychuck

Create a rule entitled:"Otzma Card of type Share my Expenses", which is a
member of Otzma Card Rule Suite, and contains the following text:
"
An Otzma Card of this type can only be played in the public forum.
When a player who is about to pay any sum of money, plays a Card of this
type e anounces the name of another player, and anamount he wants that
player to play, provided it is at most half what the former player has to
pay. The player whose name was anounced pays the names amount, and the
player who played the card, pays the remainder.

Counter-Action: The player who played the card pays the player whose name
e anounce, the sum of money e originaly named when e played tha Card, plus
10 percent, the sum of both being rounded down to the nearest integer.

At any given time there may at most 10 Cards of this type in existence.
"

- ----------------------------------
Create a rule entitled:"Otzma Card of type Share your income", which is a
member of Otzma Card Rule Suite, and contains the following text:
"
An Otzma Card of this type can only be played inthe public forum.
When a player plays this a Card of this type e also names another player,
and a sum of money which is at most half of a sum the named player
received in the preceding three days. The Named player transferrs that
same to the player who played the Card

Counter- Action: The player who played the card transfers the amount of
money e named to the player e named, plus 10 percent, the sum of both
being rounded down to the nearest integer.

At any given time there may at most 10 Cards of this type in existence.
"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:12:51 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1471

Proposal -- Thu 21 Nov 18:08 CST 1996
Otzma Card of type Swinging Sale
Niccolo Flychuck

"
A Card of this type can only be played in the public forum.
A player who plays this Card, can purchase a Capital-Swinger Office for
half its normal price, provided that such purchase does not violate any
restrictions on the purchase of Capital-Swinger Offices.

At any given time there may exist at most one Card of this type.
"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:13:12 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1472

Proposal 1472 -- Thu 21 Nov 18:09 CST 1996
Otzma Card type anti-Entity Attitude
Niccolo Flychuck

"
An Otzma Card of type anti-Entity Attitude can only be played in the
public forum. When a player plays a Card of this type, e anounces the name
of an Ackanomic Entity which is not a player. This has the effect of
causing the Entity to lose all its powers, effects, and special property,
and it becomes a Null Entity for the duration of three days. The player
can extend this duration in up to three additional days by anouncing this
when e plays the Card. For each additional day, A$100 are deducted from
eir account and transferred to the Treasury. The money is deducted when
the Card is played.

Counter-Action: The Entity the Card was played on immdiately regains
whatever powers, effect and properties it had, and is no longer Null. If
the player chose an extended duration, then e is not refunded the money e
spent on the extended duration.

At any given time there can at most 8 Cards of this type in existence.

"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:55:04 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Auction Stuff

> 4) I assume Malenkai won the auction of the Frobnotzer at A$130, with
> a commission of A$13 to Mohammed.  I will not use it for 3 days, just
> in case.  Sorry for any confusion.
	This is correct.

	I am building a second Pyraic Frobnotzer.  It'll be done in three
days. 

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 02:57:18 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 1468 -retracting

REtracting this one, duplicate refference error.

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Guy Fawkes wrote:

> 
> Proposal 1468 -- Thu 21 Nov 18:07 CST 1996
> Otzma Card of type Spread Them Bonuses
> Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 22:30:02 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposals 1466 - 1472

These are the Otzma Card proposals.  Unfortunately, they attempt to
add to the rule suite "Otzma Card Rule Suite" when the name of
the rule suite is "Otzma Cards Rule Suite".  It seems like a minor
point, but remember that business with the "a" in the chess pieces.

I wonder if the Spelling Bee can change the *title* of the rule 
suite.  Of course, I've written a couple of proposals that use the
correct title, so that would be a bit unfair, but any creative way to
fix this would be cool.

Also, P 1471 and P 1472 do not attempt to add to the rule suite at
all.

Malenkai
Otzmazised

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 23:17:36 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposals 1466 - 1472

CSR could modify the proposals before effect, I think.

Guy Fawkes

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> These are the Otzma Card proposals.  Unfortunately, they attempt to
> add to the rule suite "Otzma Card Rule Suite" when the name of
> the rule suite is "Otzma Cards Rule Suite".  It seems like a minor
> point, but remember that business with the "a" in the chess pieces.
> 
> I wonder if the Spelling Bee can change the *title* of the rule 
> suite.  Of course, I've written a couple of proposals that use the
> correct title, so that would be a bit unfair, but any creative way to
> fix this would be cool.
> 
> Also, P 1471 and P 1472 do not attempt to add to the rule suite at
> all.
> 
> Malenkai
> Otzmazised
> 

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #358
*******************************