Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #346
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest      Tuesday, November 12 1996      Volume 01 : Number 346

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 00:12:46 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: *ping*

Today is Monday, the 11th day of November, in the Year of Our Lord 1996, 
and the Machine That Goes *ping* Has Gone *ping* today. 
Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 2 times. 

/dev/joe
Scholar of *ping*

(Still debugging the automatic *ping* message generation script -- it
tried to say it was the "11st" day of November, when I thought I had
fixed that already.)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:32:48 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: P1402 Passes

>
>> Proposal 1402 - Sat 2 Nov 8:10 CST 1996
>> Duck, duck, goose
>> Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)
>> 
>> [Note: All scoring changes are approximations.}
>> 
>> ThinMan gains 5 points:                        28 -> 33
>
>Just to make sure, I think those are my 5 points.
>Guy Fawkes

Hey!  He said they were mine, and I'm keeping them.  Finders, keepers,
after
all.  Go get your own points!  ;-)

ThinMan
>

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:41:56 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Medals

/dev/joe wrote:

>I am awarding a Blue Cross to ThinMan, and a Silver Stripe to Mohammed.

It is with great pride that I accept this award.  My only hope is that
the
proposals which earned me such a distinction have been and continue to
be
to the advantage of Ackanomic in general, and to all Ackanomians.  I
want
to thank my wife, my mother, my father, my high school teach Miss
Rubinelli,
my deceased cat Snuggles, and all the players of Ackanomic, past and
present,
for making me what I am today.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:04:26 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Treasure search

SIGMA!!!

Malenkai, did I just find some sort of treasure, or did I just dig a hole 
for no apparent reason.

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:16:26 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: P1404 Correction

ThinMan voted YES on P1404

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:21:00 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: P1401 Correction

ThinMan voted yes on P1401

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:22:00 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Party Hall Party

Am I imagining things, or did we just have a Party Hall party?

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 13:51:31 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Inventor:  building new gadget

I'm building a Pyraic Frobnotzer.  It'll be done Saturday night.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 22:59:41 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Party Hall Party

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Phil Ackley wrote:

> Am I imagining things, or did we just have a Party Hall party?
> 
> snowgod
> 
I think I had one too.

Niccolo Flychuck
Chess-Umpire

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 16:32:18 -0500 (EST)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: P1392 Passes

What a surprise!  After my discussion with ThinMan, I was about ready to
withdraw this to limit the damage, point wise.  And then I went and forgot
to vote for it myself!  I guess you never know.

- -mr cwm
 inching slowly and painfully toward a Blue Cross

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:03:44 -0500 (EST)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: RFC Reserve Banking

To:   Ackanomians
From: mr cwm

Comments on "Not even an RFC" a couple of weeks ago quickly went
off-topic, even though they were extremely interesting.  So, here's my
attempt at basing our currency on something that's actually rare. 
Comments are most welcome.  (In particular, I'm not sure what action is
appropriate if there's a run on the Treasury.)

 --------

Create a new Rule entitled "AsSPEC Prosthetic Foreheads" with the
following text:

Each, and only each, of those Prosthetic Foreheads offered by the Player
snowgod to other Players in his message of October 8, 1996 shall be an
Authentic snowgod Second Presidential Campaign Prosthetic Forehead (AsSPEC
Prosthetic Foreheads).  Any other Prosthetic Forehead, however it may be
described or named, is not an Authentic snowgod Second Presidential
Election Campaign Prosthetic Forehead.  This Rule takes precedence over
any other Rule that would cause or allow any other Prosthetic Forehead to
be an Authentic snowgod Second Presidential Election Campaign Prosthetic
Forehead, to the extent necesary to prevent any other entity from being an
Authentic snowgod Second Presidential Election Campaign Prosthetic
Forehead. 

{{The eight AsSPEC Prosthetic Foreheads purchased at auction by the Player
mr cwm from the Player snowgod shall be placed in the Treasury.  The
Player mr cwm shall receive A$215 from the Treasury in compensation.}}

{{R665 (Treasury and Hard Money) shall be amended so that the section
sub-titled "Hard Currency" reads, in its entirety:  Ackadollars may only
be created and destroyed in the Treasury.  Ackadollars are created in the
Treasury at the instant they are required for payment from the Treasury. 
Ackadollars are destroyed in the Treasury at the instant they are recieved
by the Treasury.  Whenever the Rules specify that a Player should recieve
A$, and do not specify where those A$ should come from, they shall come
from the Treasury.  Whenever the Rules specify that a Player should lose
A$, and do not indicate where those A$ should go to, they shall go to the
Treasury.}}

{{R665 (Treasury and Hard Money) shall be amended by the deletion of the
section sub-titled "Bankrupt Treasury".}}

{{All A$ in the Treasury are destroyed.}}

- --------

Create a new Rule entitled " The Office of Treasurer" with the following
text:

There is a Political Office of Treasurer.  Each Player nominated for
President shall nominate a Player for the office of Treasurer.  The votes
cast for a particular Presidential nominee in the Election for President
shall be counted as votes for the Treasurer nominee that particular
Presidential nominee nominated for Treasurer. 

The Term of Office of the Treasurer is the same as the Term of Office of
the President.

The Priviledge of the Office of Treasurer is to name the Exchange Rate. 
The Exchange Rate so named must be confirmed by the Senate in accord with
R648 ("Confirmation Procedure") for it to take effect, which it does three
days after the Confirmation Period ends.  [This act of the Senate is
subject to nullification by an Act of Justice.]

The Duty of the Treasurer is to maintain records of the current ownership
of each AsSPEC Prosthetic Forehead, and to notify the Fiancier whenever a
transfer of an AsSPEC Prosthetic Forehead affects the number of A$ a
Player owns.

The Treasurer may only name a positive integer number of A$ as the
Exchange Rate.  If an Exchange Rate has taken effect, any Player owning an
AsSPEC Prosthetic Forehead may relinquish ownership to the Treasury,
whereupon the Treasury shall pay that Player a number of A$ equal to the
Exchange Rate.  If an Exchange Rate is in effect, and if at least one
AsSPEC Prosthetic Forehead is in the Treasury, any Player owning at an
amount of A$ equal to or greater than the Exchange Rate may relinquish to
the Treasury ownership of number of A$ equal to the Exchange Rate,
whereupon the Treasury shall transfer ownership of an AsSPEC Prosthetic
Forehead to that Player.  If more than one AsSPEC Prosthetic Forehead is
in the Treasury, the Player may select the AsSPEC Prosthetic Forehead in
the Treasury that shall be transferred.  Transfers of ownership take place
at the time the Treasurer receives notification of the trasnfer. 

If, at any time, there are either no AsSPEC Prosthetic Foreheads in the
Treasury, or no AsSPEC Prosthetic Foreheads that are not in the Treasury,
a Constitutional Convention is called.  [This is a method of calling a
Constitutional Convention alternate to that described in R629 (a) through
(c).] {{[... which does not appear to be exclusive.  If the Crisis Rule
passes, we could require a Crisis be declared.  My first thought was to
have all Political Officers thrown out and hold comprehensive new
elections, but it seemed like it would cause too many problems.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:32:37 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Party Hall Party

Phil Ackley wrote:
> 
> Am I imagining things, or did we just have a Party Hall party?
> 
> snowgod

I believe we have a Gaoler who is violating the Speed rule :)

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 00:40:11 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC Reserve Banking

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, mr cwm wrote:

> To:   Ackanomians
> From: mr cwm
> 
> Comments on "Not even an RFC" a couple of weeks ago quickly went
> off-topic, even though they were extremely interesting.  So, here's my
> attempt at basing our currency on something that's actually rare. 
> Comments are most welcome.  (In particular, I'm not sure what action is
> appropriate if there's a run on the Treasury.)

For one freak moment I thought you wanted to use comments for the exchange
rate. "Comments? - they're hardly rare!":)
(and one might harfily add, and only rarely well done)

> 
> --------
> 
> Create a new Rule entitled "AsSPEC Prosthetic Foreheads" with the
> following text:
> 
> Each, and only each, of those Prosthetic Foreheads offered by the Player
> snowgod to other Players in his message of October 8, 1996 shall be an
> Authentic snowgod Second Presidential Campaign Prosthetic Forehead (AsSPEC
> Prosthetic Foreheads).  Any other Prosthetic Forehead, however it may be
> described or named, is not an Authentic snowgod Second Presidential
> Election Campaign Prosthetic Forehead.  This Rule takes precedence over
> any other Rule that would cause or allow any other Prosthetic Forehead to
> be an Authentic snowgod Second Presidential Election Campaign Prosthetic
> Forehead, to the extent necesary to prevent any other entity from being an
> Authentic snowgod Second Presidential Election Campaign Prosthetic
> Forehead. 

So far so good
> 
> {{The eight AsSPEC Prosthetic Foreheads purchased at auction by thePlayer
> mr cwm from the Player snowgod shall be placed in the Treasury.  The
> Player mr cwm shall receive A$215 from the Treasury in compensation.}}
> 
> {{R665 (Treasury and Hard Money) shall be amended so that the section
> sub-titled "Hard Currency" reads, in its entirety:  Ackadollars may only
> be created and destroyed in the Treasury.  Ackadollars are created in the
> Treasury at the instant they are required for payment from the Treasury. 
> Ackadollars are destroyed in the Treasury at the instant they are recieved
> by the Treasury.  Whenever the Rules specify that a Player should recieve
> A$, and do not specify where those A$ should come from, they shall come
> from the Treasury.  Whenever the Rules specify that a Player should lose
> A$, and do not indicate where those A$ should go to, they shall go to the
> Treasury.}}

Still seems that you are creating money out of thin air, where are the
limits, and where is the forehead tie-in?
> 
> {{R665 (Treasury and Hard Money) shall be amended by the deletion of the
> section sub-titled "Bankrupt Treasury".}}
> 
> {{All A$ in the Treasury are destroyed.}}
> 
> --------
> 
> Create anew Rule entitled " The Office of Treasurer" with the following
> text:
> 
> There is a Political Office of Treasurer.  Each Player nominated for
> President shall nominate a Player for the office of Treasurer.  The votes
> cast for a particular Presidential nominee in the Election for President
> shall be counted as votes for the Treasurer nominee that particular
> Presidential nominee nominated for Treasurer. 

So what we've got here is the American Presidential election system. I'm
not sure I like this, I'd prefer to have something less RL.

> 
> The Priviledge of the Office of Treasurer is to name the Exchange Rate. 
Based on what? whim?

I'll comment on the section below alltogether. The way I read this, all
you are doing is setting up an office that fixes the price of foreheads,
while in effect, as long as there is a forehead in the treasury, we just
print money with no limit, at least I could  not find one. 
Niccolo Flychuck

 > 
> The Treasurer may only name a positive integer number of A$ as the
> Exchange Rate.  If an Exchange Rate has taken effect, any Player owning an
> AsSPEC Prosthetic Forehead may relinquish ownership to the Treasury,
> whereupon the Treasury shall pay that Player a number of A$ equal to the
> Exchange Rate.  If an Exchange Rate is in effect, and if at least one
> AsSPEC Prosthetic Forehead is in the Treasury, any Player owning at an
> amount of A$equal to or greater than the Exchange Rate may relinquish to
> the Treasury ownership of number of A$ equal to the Exchange Rate,
> whereupon the Treasury shall transfer ownership of an AsSPEC Prosthetic
> Forehead to that Player.  If more than one AsSPEC Prosthetic Forehead is
> in the Treasury, the Player may select the AsSPEC Prosthetic Forehead in
> the Treasury that shall be transferred.  Transfers of ownership take place
> at the time the Treasurer receives notification of the trasnfer. 
> 
> If, at any time, there are either no AsSPEC Prosthetic Foreheads in the
> Treasury, or no AsSPEC Prosthetic Foreheads that are not in the Treasury,
> a Constitutional Convention is called.  [This is a method of calling a
> Constitutional Convention alternate to that described in R629 (a) through
> (c).] {{[... which does not appear to be exclusive.  If the Crisis Rule
> passes, we could require a Crisis be declared.  My first thought was to
> have all Political Officers thrown out and hold comprehensive new
> elections, but it seemed like it would cause too many problems.]}}
> 
> 
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 00:41:33 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Party Hall Party

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> Phil Ackley wrote:
> > 
> > Am I imagining things, or did we just have a Party Hall party?
> > 
> > snowgod
> 
> I believe we have a Gaoler who is violating the Speed rule :)
> 
> Malenkai
>
I received a message from snowgod for the Party Hall Party, and sent
messages to all Swingers. It was a coupla days late, but it happened, I
was there.

Niccolo Flychuck
Vulcan Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:41:24 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Inventor:  building new gadget

Jason Orendorff wrote:
> 
> I'm building a Pyraic Frobnotzer.  It'll be done Saturday night.
> 
> --Mohammed

Has this blueprint existed one week?  It seems that I just announced
the Inventor appointment last Friday. 

Malenkai
temporally challenged

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:44:14 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Party Hall Party

Uri Bruck wrote:

> I received a message from snowgod for the Party Hall Party, and sent
> messages to all Swingers. It was a coupla days late, but it happened, I
> was there.

I believe I was acting FUN swinger on Nov 7, and I received no messages.
If needed, I will check my records as to who the actual FUN swinger was
at that time.  This would probably be easier for the Chess Umpire, however.

Malenkai
still temporally challenged

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:54:57 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Treasure search

Guy Fawkes wrote:
> 
> SIGMA!!!
> 
> Malenkai, did I just find some sort of treasure, or did I just dig a hole
> for no apparent reason.

HA!  Would that I could be immune to respond without Politeness Moon!

I can only say that the 3 P's of November shall indicate the whereabouts
of the three Treasures, and that only 2 of the 3 P's has yet been
heard.

You do not need the third to find the first or second but the second and
first to find the third.  All I can say is look for what is woven within,
and look for big fishes and walruses.

Malenkai
who would privatly be curious to know how you came up with your guess

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 22:29:39 -0500 (EST)
From: IdiotBoy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Leaving

I am, hereby, resigning from the game.  I'm sorry to do this with seemingly
no notice (and having just volunteered for an office and to take judgement
on a couple CFJs).  A matter of extreme personal importance precludes me
from having the time to continue to play.  I hope and pray that I shall be
able to return and soon.

- --
IdiotBoy, as always, dumber than a box of hammers.
[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 21:52:33 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Leaving

This worries me.  New players often don't last two weeks, and cherished 
ones keep dropping out due to time concerns.  I begin to fear all our 
wonderful innovations are going to collapse the game under its own 
weight.  It's been more than two months since fnord and I joined; since 
then, no new player has remained, and many experienced names have left 
us.  Any ideas on what can be done to alleviate this problem?

Guy Fawkes
this is a beautiful game

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, IdiotBoy wrote:

> I am, hereby, resigning from the game.  I'm sorry to do this with seemingly
> no notice (and having just volunteered for an office and to take judgement
> on a couple CFJs).  A matter of extreme personal importance precludes me
> from having the time to continue to play.  I hope and pray that I shall be
> able to return and soon.
> 
> --
> IdiotBoy, as always, dumber than a box of hammers.
> [email-masked]
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 07:06:57 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Party Hall Party

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> Uri Bruck wrote:
> 
> > I received a message from snowgod for the Party Hall Party, and sent
> > messages to all Swingers. It was a coupla days late, but it happened, I
> > was there.
> 
> I believe I was acting FUN swinger on Nov 7, and I received no messages.
> If needed, I will check my records as to who the actual FUN swinger was
> at that time.  This would probably be easier for the Chess Umpire, however.
> 
> Malenkai
> still temporally challenged
> 
I sent the actual message on Nov. 9, by which time Bascule was back.
Furthermore, I didn't know you were acting FUN Swinger, in fact I didn't
know there was an acting FUN Swinger, as indicated by my public message
that your Swinger's Office Warm, which, had Bascule not returned from
vacation might have had a serious implication on your Party's turn.
I'll check it out though.
Niccolo Flychuck
Chess-Umpire

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 07:14:47 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Leaving

It seems that I yet another set of useless Bonds now. (alongside my
PFTechno and PFUncle) anyone wants a long term investment?

I think it's time to go on a campaign to recruit new players. 
I believe we already have some rules that ease a new player into the game,
if anyone can think up anymore, this would be a good time to suggest it.
Let us go out to the cyberstreets, put out backs to the grindstones,
proudly wear our Prosthetic Foreheads and let people know, Ackanomic is
looking for new blood.

How about giving tes points for anyone who manages to recruit
someone.  If somone indicates in their poll question that an existing
player introduced them to the game, then that player gets them points.

Niccolo Flychuck

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Guy Fawkes wrote:

> 
> This worries me.  New players often don't last two weeks, and cherished 
> ones keep dropping out due to time concerns.  I begin to fear all our 
> wonderful innovations are going to collapse the game under its own 
> weight.  It's been more than two months since fnord and I joined; since 
> then, no new player has remained, and many experienced names have left 
> us.  Any ideas on what can be done to alleviate this problem?
> 
> Guy Fawkes
> this is a beautiful game
> 
> 
> On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, IdiotBoy wrote:
> 
> > I am, hereby, resigning from the game.  I'm sorry to do this with seemingly
> > no notice (and having just volunteered for an office and to take judgement
> > on a couple CFJs).  A matter of extreme personal importance precludes me
> > from having the time to continue to play.  I hope and pray that I shall be
> > able to return and soon.
> > 
> > --
> > IdiotBoy, as always, dumber than a box of hammers.
> > [email-masked]
> > 
> > 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 07:18:17 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Leaving

On the same matter I can add that there were even very few requests for
observers. 
I sent out two observer welcome packs, and one player welcome pack, none
of which received any acknowledgement, so I guess that was just an almost
player, or someone else who would not have lasted more than a coupla
weeks.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 07:21:10 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Leaving

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Uri Bruck wrote:

> 
> On the same matter I can add that there were even very few requests for
> observers. 
> I sent out two observer welcome packs, and one player welcome pack, none
> of which received any acknowledgement, so I guess that was just an almost
> player, or someoneelse who would not have lasted more than a coupla
> weeks.
> 
> Niccolo Flychuck

I think I should clarify something, I sent them out because people asked
for them. From the above it might be construed that I tried to adopt one
of those telemarketing strategies.

 > 
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 00:32:54 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Leaving

Uri Bruck wrote:

> I think it's time to go on a campaign to recruit new players.

If anyone is interested, I will redistribute the poll results I
took a month or so ago which indicated how people found out about
the game.  That was the reason I took it.  

Only myself and one or 2 other players found out about the
game in a way other than newsgroups, so that is where I would start.

I do not have usenet access at home (althouth I should) and do not
do game related stuff at work (although I should ;), so if someone
else wants to volunteer to do that, I will forward the poll.

Malenkai
some great players have managed to stay, look at the bright side

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 00:41:33 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 320 (Niccolo)

Niccolo has been chosen, and has 3 days to accept/decline.

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 320
  Subject: Dilocation of the Little Lamb
Initiator: Guy Fawkes
    Judge: IdiotBoy (relieved of duty to deliver verdict by R 962.2)
2nd Judge: Niccolo Flychuck (selected Nov 12, 1996, 00:43h EST)
Judgement:

Statement:

More than one player may possess the Little Lamb simultaneously.

Guy Fawkes' Reasoning:

>From Rule 1046, which governs the Little Lamb:  "Any player may claimpossession of the Little Lamb, which will remain in effect until another
player claims possession of the Little Lamb, or for one week, whichever
is longer."  Let's say that Player A claims possession of the Little
Lamb, then four days later Player B does.  This clause guarantees that
Player A's claim will remain in effect for at least one week, but this does
not preclude the effectiveness of Player B's claim.  Indeed, Player B has
claimed possession of the Little Lamb, and according to Rule 1046, this
claim will remain in effect for at least one week.

Note that this is one of those cases where possession and ownership are
very different.  No one _owns_ the Little Lamb -- I believe it possible
that many players might possess it.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 20:47:18 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Leaving

> I do not have usenet access at home (althouth I should) and do not
> do game related stuff at work (although I should ;), so if someone
> else wants to volunteer to do that, I will forward the poll.

I can easily write a script that would send mesages to appropriate
newsgroups while we speak (harfy and politcal newsgroups are best, though
legal and techincal/programmer *chat* newsgroups would be good too.  spam
alt.fan.tmbg anyone?) if someone wants to draw up a blurb.  The text of
Malenkai's Ackanomic Page and CnH's nomic essay (internal church document)
would both be a good starting point for creating a blurb.

snowgod
anxious to ment

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 00:43:58 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 321 (fnord)

IdiotBoy, once again, has been chosen, and has 3 days to accept/decline.

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 321
  Subject: Whamiol Treasure
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: IdiotBoy (relived of duty to deliver verdict by R 962.2)
2nd Judge: fnord (selected Nov 12, 1996, 00:45h EST)
Judgement:

Statement:

As of the time of this posting, snowgod buried a Treasure that
consists of a Whamiol.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

This looks like a strict/loose constructionalist sort of thing.  A
verdict of FALSE means that Habeous Corpus has his Whamiol back, a
verdict of TRUE means it is buried Treasure.  I quote snowgod's post:

> I am burying my Whamiol and creating the following treasure map:
>
> For to see his Whamiol again,
> and hold it near his score,
> Habeous Corpus must transfer some cash,
> A$500 to be exact,
> to snowgod, the would be extortionist.
>
> Do this and the Whamiols is buried no more.

Note that this has nothing to do with the discussion between myself and
Guy Fawkes as to whether the map posted must be genuine if it is in fact
deemed to be a Treasure.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 20:53:53 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 321 (fnord)

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> IdiotBoy, once again, has been chosen, and has 3 days to accept/decline.

I'm relieved to not be the only person who does stuff like this :)

snowgod
wasting bandwidth

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #346
*******************************