Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #333
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Tuesday, November 5 1996       Volume 01 : Number 333

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 23:02:31 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Financial Opening

The functional Office of the Financier is vacant.  I am hereby taking
nominations for the Office of the Financier.  I will take nominations for
three days. 

snowgod
President

send your nominations to [email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 08:42:49 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Poem for Elder Wayne

I give A$40 to fnord.  I guess I never got around to building the
memorial tower to inscribe the memorial poems on.  I assume they are
being saved on the Poet Laureate web page?

Malenkai

fnord wrote:
> 
> Although his visage will be seen no longer,
> We strive to always think of Elder Wayne.
> His hard work helped to make our nomic stronger,
> To multiply our fun, and not for his own gain.
> 
> As Tabulator and Promoter did he work,
> To keep our Ackanomic flowing smooth.
> His privileges and duties he would not shirk,
> His desire was to see our nomic improve.
> 
> The Party of the Underworld he led,
> To try to bring variety to our game.
> Now he has gone, and left us his Undead,
> And Ackanomic shall not ever be the same.
> 
> fnord
> Ackanomic Poet Laureate

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 09:46:26 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *ping*

Today is Tuesday, the 5nd day of November, in the Year of Our Lord
1996, and the Machine That Goes *ping* Has Gone *ping* today.  Since I
have been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 18 times.

Guy Fawkes
Scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 09:26:28 -0800 (PST)
From: fnord <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 1398

Guy Fawkes spake thusly
> 
> 
> Proposal 1398 -- Sat 2 Nov 8:09 CST 1996
> That's Too Silly
> ThinMan (John Bollinger)
> 
> This is a modest proposal.
> 
> Rule 728 shall be amended to read:
> 
> If a proposal containing the phrase "cows eat grass" is accepted, then
> the player who submitted the proposal is said to be silly, and shall
> score 5 points when the results of the voting on that proposal are
> distributed.

Is this scoring supposed to replace any (and all) scoring that the player
would have received for the proposal?  The wording appears to indicate
that that would be the case, when I would think that they should/would
receive the 5 points in *addition* to any points scored by that player 
based on the success/failure of that proposal.

fnord

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 12:18:34 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Proposal 1398

fnord asked:
>> Proposal 1398 -- Sat 2 Nov 8:09 CST 1996
>> That's Too Silly
>> ThinMan (John Bollinger)
>> 
>> This is a modest proposal.
>> 
>> Rule 728 shall be amended to read:
>> 
>> If a proposal containing the phrase "cows eat grass" is accepted, then
>> the player who submitted the proposal is said to be silly, and shall
>> score 5 points when the results of the voting on that proposal are
>> distributed.
>
>Is this scoring supposed to replace any (and all) scoring that the player
>would have received for the proposal?  The wording appears to indicate
>that that would be the case, when I would think that they should/would
>receive the 5 points in *addition* to any points scored by that player 
>based on the success/failure of that proposal.

This scoring is not supposed to replace any other scoring, nor would the
revised rule have the precedence to enforce such a stipulation.  It does
not seem to me that the language there precludes other scoring at the
same
time, but if there is sufficient concern about that then I will retract
this proposal in favor of a reworded one.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 12:57:01 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1414

Proposal 1414 -- Tue 5 Nov 12:51 CST 1996
Entities
Mohammed (Jason Orendorff)

[I was planning to add some more stuff to this, but decided that each day 
I waited some of the same stuff was getting Proposed, so it's either ship 
it now or let it grow obsolete and spend an enormous amount of time 
keeping it up-to-date.  So here it is.]

The symbol --- is used many times in this proposal as a delimiter.  It
is not part of the text it marks off.

1.  Modify Rule 592 ("Protection") to read, in full:
- ---
	A Protected action may not be performed except as specified
	by the rules.  An action's performance has no effect on the
	game other than those effects specified by the Rules.  All
	actions in Ackanomic are Protected by default, unless the
	rule(s) which specify or define their behaviour explicitly
	state otherwise.
- ---

2.  Create a new rule, titled "Entities", reading:
- ---
{{
	All entities created solely under the authority of Rule 115 are
	destroyed.  [From now on it's strictly Trinkets.]
}}

	Something is an entity if and only if the rules specify that it is.

	An entity may not be created, destroyed, or manipulated except
	as specified by the Rules.  It can have no material effect on the
	game other than those effects specified by the Rules.

	Rules, the rule set, and Proposals are unownable entities.
	Rule changes may manipulate Rules and the Rule set.

	Manipulation of an entity is permissible if such manipulation
	is not explicitly regulated by the rules, and such
	manipulation would not have a material effect on the game. In other
	words, the game state must be the same after the manipulation as it
	would have been had the manipulation not occurred.

	For the purposes of this rule, discussion and messages (public or
	private) are not considered a material effect on the game.  Nor are
	the initiation or results of a CFJ or CFCJ concerning the matter of
	whether or not a certain event constitutes a material effect.  It
	is recognized that deciding whether a particular manipulation
	materially affected the game state is a matter that often can only
	be decided by judgement alone.

	{{ This Rule is hereby renumbered to 500. }}
- ---

[ Current text of "Protection":

   Rule 592/6 (Mutable)
   Protection
   Mohammed (Jason Orendorff)
   
	A Protected entity may not be created, destroyed, or manipulated
	except as specified by the Rules. It has no effect on the game other
	than those effects specified by the Rules.
	
	A Protected action may not be performed except as specified by the
	rules. An action's performance has no effect on the game other than
	those effects specified by the Rules.
	
	All entities and actions in Ackanomic are Protected by default,
	unless the rule(s) which specify or define their behaviour
	*explicitly* state otherwise. This clause defers precedence to all
	such mutable rules which *explicitly* state such.
	
	Rules, the rule set, proposals, points, currency, Officers, Players,
	and PFbonds are protected entities. Rule changes may manipulate
	rules and the rule set.
	
	Manipulation of a protected entitiy is permissable if such
	manipulation is not explicitly regulated by the rules, and such
	manipulation would not have a material effect on the game. In other
	words, the game state must be the same after the manipulation as it
	would have been had the manipulation not occurred.

	For the purposes of the above paragraph, discussion of the
	manipulation is not considered a material effect on the game. Nor is
	the initiation, or the effects, of a CFJ or CFCJ alledging or
	indicating the manipulation was illegal, unless said CFJ or CFCJ is
	judged TRUE. It is recognized that deciding whether a particular
	manipulation materially affected the game state is a matter that
	often can only be decided by judgement alone.

	Extra-Nomic entities and actions, and External Concepts, including
	but not limited to: linguistic and customary interpretation, game
	custom, spirit of the game, and food and drink, are explicitly not
	Protected. Words and the use of words in public messages are not
	Protected, except where specified by other rules.
]

3.  A new Rule is created, titled "Entity Names", reading:
- ---
	Each entity is either named (which means it has a name) or
	nameless.  An entity is nameless unless the Rules specify
	otherwise.

	When a named entity is created, it shall be given a name in
	accordance with the Rules.  If the Rules do not specify any
	other method for deterimining its name, or if the method
	specified does not give a legal name, that entity shall be
	considered nameless until a name is legally assigned to it.

	A name is a sequence of name characters.  The name characters are:

	! # $ % & * + - / 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 : = ? @ \ ^ _
	A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
	a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
	| ~ ,

	and the space character.

	[ Parentheses, single quotes, double quotes, back quotes, the
	period, square brackets, angle brackets, and braces are not
	name characters.] {{[This is slightly different from
	the previous rule, but it's not a gratuitous change, and no names
	are affected that I know of.]}}

	{{ This Rule is renumbered to 500.1 . }}
- ---

4.  A new Rule is created, titled "Entity Ownership", reading:
- ---
	Named entities may own other ownable entities, or even own themselves.
	(Nameless entities may not.)

	Each entity is either unownable, non-tradeable, tradeable, or gift.
	An entity is non-tradeable unless the Rules specify otherwise.

	If an entity is non-tradeable, tradeable, or gift, then it is
	ownable.  At any given time, each ownable entity is either
	owned by one named entity or Somewhere Else (unowned).

	When an ownable entity is created, it is unowned, unless the
	Rules specify an initial owner for it.  Entities may be
	transferred from one owner to another only through methods
	specified by the Rules.

	{{ This Rule is renumbered to 500.2. }}
- ---

5.  A new Rule is created, titled "Entity Uniqueness", reading:
- ---
	An entity is unique if, and only if, the Rules specify that it
	is.  Each unique entity is the only entity of its type.

	If there are several entities of the same type, and at least
	one of them is unique, all the non-unique entities of that
	type are destroyed.  If there are several unique entities of
	the same type, the oldest one survives and the rest are
	destroyed.

	Unique entities may not be cloned, copied, duplicated, or
	Xeroxed; an attempt to forge a copy of a unique entity always
	results in humiliating failure.

	{{ This Rule is renumbered to 500.3 . }}
- ---

6.  A new Rule is created, titled "Trading and Gifts", reading:
- ---
	This Rule defers to all other rules.  [Rules may specify
	conditions in which certain trades may not take place, even
	though this rule specifies that they are legal.  Rules may
	specify alternate means of trading entities, beyond those given
	here.]

	A Player may offer a trade of one group of entities for
	another, by sending a public message specifying the entities
	offered (if any) and the entities requested (if any); however,
	all the entities mentioned must be either tradeable or gift.
	If the message further states specifically to which Players
	the trade is offered, then the trade is exclusive; otherwise
	it is offered at large.

	An offer made in this way stands until it is legally retracted or
	accepted, or the player who offered it no longer owns the entities
	offered, or the offer has been standing for at least three days,
	whichever comes first.

	A Player may retract a trade he or she offered by sending a public
	message to that effect.

	A Player may accept an exclusive trade offered to him or her,
	or any trade offered at large [but not one that was offered
	specifically to someone else] if, and only if, he or she owns
	all of the entities requested.  He or she does this by sending
	a public message to that effect.

	When a Player accepts a standing trade, the entities offered
	are transferred from the Player who offered the trade to the
	Player who accepted it, and the entities requested in exchange
	are transferred from the Player who accepted the trade to the
	Player who offered it.

	A Player who owns a gift entity may transfer that entity to
	another Player by sending a public message announcing the
	action.

	All trades made as described by this rule are said to occur on
	the Free Market.
- ---

7.  Rule 218 ("Registered Players") is amended by adding the sentence
"Players are named, unownable entities." after the sentence "A player
is any person who is registered as a player."

8.  Rule 422 ("Required Number Of Points To Win") is amended by adding
the paragraph
- ---
	Points are entities.  [Players gain and lose points as a part
	of gameplay.]
- ---
at the beginning.

9.  Rule 428 ("Office of the Financier and Free Market") is amended to
read, in full:
- ---
	The Office of the Financier (OotF), or Financier, is a Functional
	Office.

	The Duties of the Financier are:

	a)  To maintain accurate records of the who owns each ownable
	entity, what each Player owns, and what each named non-Player
	entity [such as the Treasury or the Chartreuse Goose] owns.

	b)  To log all transfers of entity ownership and the creation
	and destruction of entities, and to verify that these events
	happen only in accordance with the Rules.

	c)  To make the records and logs available to any Player upon request.

	d)  To maintain the Free Market (FM), and to verify any
	transaction made there was made in accordance with the rules.
	The Financier is responsible for overseeing the lawful
	functioning of any entity that deals on, is related to, uses
	the FM, when using the FM.  This includes the authority to
	negotiate and resolve conflicts or disagreements between such
	entities according to the rules, tradition, or to the best of
	his/her judgement, in that order.

	The Priveleges of the Financier are:

	a) To appoint up to 2 assistants, to help in gathering, maintaining,
	and publishing information pertaining to the above.  These assistants
	may resign.  These assistants are not Officers.

	b) To receive the usual salary for a Functional Officer.
- ---

[ The rest of the stuff is moved in with the various Entity rules.
    Current text:

	I. Financier
	
	The Office of the Financier (OotF), or Financier, is a Functional
	Office.
	
	The duties of the Financier are:
	
	a) To maintain accurate records of all players' account balances,
	and a log of all debits and credits to those balances.
	
	b) To maintain a list of balances and assets of all non-player
	entities, such as the Treasury.
	
	c) To publish all account balances on at least a bi-weekly basis,
	and to make the logs or balances available to any player upon
	request.
	
	d) To maintain the Free Market (FM), and to verify any transaction
	made there was made in accordance with the rules. The Financier is
	responsible for overseeing the lawful functioning of any entity that
	deals on, is related to, uses the FM, when using the FM. This
	includes the authority to negotiate and resolve conflicts or
	disagreements between such entities according to the rules,
	tradition, or to the best of his/her judgement, in that order.
	
	The priviledges of the Financier are:
	
	a) To appoint up to 2 assistants, to help in gathering, maintaining,
	and publishing information pertaining to the above. These assistants
	may resign. These assistants are not "officiers", as the term is
	generally used elsewhere in the rules.
	
	b) To receive the usual salary for a functional officer.
	
	II. Trading and the Free Market (FM)

	1) All entities are either Tradeable or non-Tradeable.

	2) An entity is Tradeable if and only if the rules specify that it
	is, otherwise it is non-Tradeable. The rules may specify specific
	conditions or mechanisms for non-Tradeable entities to be traded or
	transferred; this rule defers to any such rules where there is a
	conflict. Tradeable entities may only be transferred by methods
	described in the rules.

	3) The FM is a bulletin board where players may post a desire to
	make a trade, and is where a record of all trades are kept.

	4) Two players may trade a non-negative quantity of a Tradeable
	entity for another non-negative quantity of another (or the same)
	Tradeable entity on the FM, as described following. (If one of the
	quantities is 0, the trade may be specified as a "gift" or
	"donation" for convienence).

	5) Both players must consent to the trade, and must own sufficient
	quanitity of the entity to fulfill their half of the trade.

	6) The trade is completed (unless it is deemed unlawful) by both
	players posting their consent to the public forum, along with a
	description of the trade.

	7) A record of the trade is recorded on the FM by the Financier. If
	the Financier determines that the trade is not in accordance with
	the rules, it is deemed never to have happened.

	8) Other rules may specify other methods in which Tradeable entities
	may be transferred, independent of the FM.
]

10.  Rule 480 ("Creation of the AckaDollar") is amended by changing the
sentence "AckaDollars are tradeable." to "AckaDollars are gift
entities." and by changing the Rule's Title to "AckaDollars".

11.  Rule 481 ("Creation of PF Bonds") is amended by changing
- ---
	PF Bonds are tradeable. They may not be broken into fractional PF
	bonds.
- ---
to
- ---
	PF bonds are nameless, tradeable entities.  They may not be
	broken into fractional PF bonds.
- ---
and by changing the Rule's Title to "PF Bonds".

12.  Rule 549 ("The Blue Cross") is amended by adding the sentence "A
Blue Cross Bonus is a nameless, non-tradeable entity." to the end of
section 2 and by adding the sentence "Gold and Silver Stripes are
nameless, non-tradeable entities."

13.  Rule 570 ("Player Names") is amended by changing
- ---
Each player will have an Official Ackanomic Name. The Name must
consist of at least three, and no more than twenty alphanumerical
characters. All nomic business must use the Name when referring to a
specific player.
- ---
to
- ---
Players are named.  A Player's name must consist of at least three,
and no more than twenty name characters.  All nomic business must use
the Name when referring to a specific player.
- ---
and by removing
- ---
Alphanumerical characters are defined for this rule to include
alphanumeric characters and (! @ # $ % ^ & * ' " , . ^ ! : ; / \ | -
_ = + space). Excluded are the characters < > ( ) { } [ ].

[This rules justifies the common practice that some players have
name like Calvin N Hobbes, Robert Sevin and allow names like
/dev/joe and De'ghew. Yes, the ' ' or space is not an alphanumeric
character :)]
- ---

14.  Amend Rule 593 ("The Inventor") by changing
- ---
	(iii) Blueprints and Gadgets are protected.
- ---
to
- ---
	(iii) Blueprints are unownable entities.
- ---

15.  Rule 609 ("Offices, Commonalities") is amended by adding
- ---
	Offices are named, unownable entities.
- ---
at the beginning, and by adding
- ---
	A Seat of an Office is an unownable entity.  [Seats are held,
	not owned.]
- ---
after "(i) Seats:".

16.  Rule 642 is amended by changing
- ---
	Rule numbers and proposal numbers are protected.
- ---	
to
- ---
	Rule numbers and proposal numbers are unownable entities.
- ---

17.  Rule 665 ("Treasury and Hard Money") is amended by changing 
- ---
	The acka-entity called the Treasury now exists.

	Treasury:
	The Treasury serves as a storing house for acka-entities that
	belong to no Player. Items in the Treasury may not be
	manipulated in any way except as explicitly allowed by the
	Rules.
- ---
to
- ---
	Treasury:
	The Treasury is a named, unownable entity that serves as a
	storing house for entities that belong to no Player.  Items
	owned by the Treasury are said to be "in the Treasury", and
	they may not be manipulated in any way except as explicitly
	allowed by the Rules.
- ---

18. Rule 683 ("ExtraNomic Entities") shall be amended to read:
- ---
	Other nomics may exist, although it is uncertain exactly where
	they might reside (maybe in some of the smaller cells of the
	Gaol.)

	When the Rules specify that an entity is "imported" from
	another nomic, that entity is, for the purposes of Ackanomic,
	created at that time.  Its behavior and ownership are
	generally governed by the rules of the nomic from which it was
	imported.  However, it may not perform protected actions,
	create entities, or manipulate or destroy entities that
	weren't imported from the same nomic; if a nomic specifies
	that an entity imported from it performs any of these actions,
	the entity is immediately exported.  For the purposes of
	Ackanomic, it is then destroyed.
- ---

[ Current text:
   
By this rule, Ackanomic recognizes the legitimate existence of
entities that live the InterNomic realm, which is composed of
(potentially) all Nomics, and that players from Ackanomic itself are
allowed to be a part of them.  These organizations are governed by
MetaNomic rules as set down by whatever InterNomic entity is
recognized by Ackanomic, while the members of such organizations must
abide by the rules of their respective individual Nomics. ]

19.  Rule 762 ("The Great Trombone of Ackanomia") is amended by changing
- ---
	The Great Trombone is protected, and cannot be transferred or
	destroyed except as described by the rules.
- ---
to
- ---
	The Great Trombone is a non-tradeable entity.
- ---

20.  Rule 786 ("Gadgets") is amended by changing
- ---	
	(iii) A Gadget has at most one owner. Gadgets are tradeable.
- ---
to
- ---
	(iii) Gadgets are tradeable entities.
- ---
and by removing
- ---
	(iv) Entites with the same name as a Gadget proposed or
	introduced by a Blueprint may only be created in accordance with
	procedures explicitly delineated in the Rules.
- ---

[ Gadgets are protected; just because something has the same name
doesn't make it a Gadget.  Also, you can't make a Trinket with the
same name as anything else under the new rules anyway, and there will
be no more R115 entities.]

21.  Rule 818 ("Prosthetic Foreheads") is amended by changing
- ---
	This rule creates a type of entity known as a Prosthetic Forehead.
	There is an endless supply and an endless variety of Prosthetic
	Foreheads. Prosthetic Foreheads are protected and tradeable.
- ---
to
- ---
	There is an endless supply and an endless variety of
	Prosthetic Foreheads.  Prosthetic Foreheads are tradeable
	entities.
- ---

22.  Rule 827 ("The Amber Banana") is amended by changing
- ---
	The Amber Banana, and the tree it grows on, are protected, and can
	only be destroyed by Acid Rain.
- ---
to
- ---
	The Amber Banana, and the tree it grows on, are entities, and can
	only be destroyed by Acid Rain.
- ---

23.  Rule 867 ("Eggs and Fruit") is amended by changing
- ---
	A Chartreuse Goose Egg is an Ackanomic Entity. Any number may exist at
	any time.
- ---
to
- ---
	A Chartreuse Goose Egg is a nameless, tradeable entity.
- ---
and by changing
- ---
	A Right-Handed Grapefruit is an Ackanomic Entity. Only one may
	exist at any time. A player who owns a Right-Handed Grapefruit may at
	any time make Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice. Right-Handed Grapefruits
	have no other power. Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice has only those
	powers granted it by the Rules.
- ---
to
- ---
	The Right-Handed Grapefruit is a unique, non-tradeable entity.  A
	Player who owns a Right-Handed Grapefruit may at any time make
	Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice (a tradeable, potable
	entity).
- ---
and by deleting the sentences labelled (a) and (b) at the end.

[ Current text:

	(a) Chartreuse Goose Eggs, Right-Handed Grapefruits, and
	Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice may only be created, destroyed, or
	manipulated as the Rules specify.

	(b) If entities have Power attributes, then Chartreuse Goose
	Eggs, Right-Handed Grapefruits, and Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice
	shall each have power 0.6666, and the sentences labelled (a) and
	(b) shall be deleted from this rule.

I think Power's dead & buried; (a) is effectively Protection and
as such is now unnecessary.
]

24.  Rule 891 ("The Press") is amended by changing
- ---
	The player that creates a newspaper is said to own that newspaper.
	No player may own more than three newspapers at any one time.
	Newspapers are tradeable. An owner of a newspaper may close it down
	by publically announcing that he is doing so. In this case, that
	newspaper is said to have "gone bust" and no longer exists.
- ---
to
- ---
	Newspapers are named, tradeable entities.  When a newspaper is
	created, it belongs to the player who started it.  To own more
	than three newspapers at any one time is a Crime.  An owner of a
	newspaper may close it down by publically announcing that he is
	doing so.  In this case, that newspaper is said to have "gone
	bust" and no longer exists.
- ---
and by deleting the sentence "Newspapers are protected entities."

25.  Rule 962.2 ("Player Leaving/Returning Process") is amended by
adding the sentence "Bond Promissories are nameless, tradeable
entities." to the end of the first paragraph.

26.  Rule 964 ("Undead") is amended by changing
- ---
	There exists the class of protected acka-entities known as the
	Undead.

	a) Each Undead has a name and can act to "haunt" some number
	of entities.
- ---
to
- ---
	There exists the class of named, unownable entities kwown as
	the Undead.

	a) Each Undead can act to "haunt" some number of entities.
- ---

27.  Rule 1033 ("Bronze Torch") is amended by replacing:
- ---
	Any number of Bronze Torches may exist at any one time. They
	may only be owned by players, and have only those powers	
	specified by the Rules and shall only be created and destroyed
	as specified by the Rules. A player may have at most one
	Bronze Torch. Bronze Torches may not be bought, sold, or
	otherwise traded or transferred amongst players, except as
	specified in this rule. This clause has precedence over any
	mutable rule which would allow such transference.
- ---
with
- ---
	Bronze Torches are metallic entities.  A Player may have at
	most one Bronze torch.
- ---
and by removing
- ---
	Upon a player leaving the game, their Bronze Torch is haunted
	by their undead.
- ---
(which is the default.)

28.  Rule 1155 ("Decks of Playing Cards") is amended by changing
- ---
	This paragraph takes precedence over all other mutable rules
	dealing with Playing Cards and Decks of Playing Cards.  A Deck of
	Playing Cards (or Deck) is an Ackanomic Entity which consists
	of some number of elements called Playing Cards (or simply
	Cards).  Cards may not be created, destroyed, sold, or traded
	except when entire Decks are created, destroyed, sold, or
	traded together.  Cards may not be exchanged between
	Decks. Decks are tradable.
- ---
to
- ---
	This paragraph takes precedence over all other mutable Rules
	dealing with Playing Cards and Decks of Playing Cards.  A Deck
	of Playing Cards (or Deck) is an entity which consists of some
	number of elements called Playing Cards (or simply Cards).
	Cards are non-tradeable entities.  Cards may not be exchanged
	between Decks.
- ---
and by changing
- ---
	A deck does not have an owner, unless the instantiating
	document says it does.  Decks may be used without being
	owned.  An unowned deck is not tradable.
- ---
to
- ---
	A Deck is unownable, unless the instantiating document
	specifies an owner for it, in which case it is tradeable.
- ---

29.  Rule 1240 ("The Machine That Goes *ping*") is amended by changing
- ---
	I. There exists the Ackanomic entity called The Machine That Goes
	*ping*, henceforth known as the Machine. Should a Machine ever be
	created by means other than this rule, it instantly ceases to exist.
	The Machine is protected.
- ---
to
- ---
	I. There exists the unique entity called The Machine That Goes
	*ping*, henceforth known as the Machine.
- ---

30.  Rule 1243 ("Chartreuse Goose") is amended by changing
- ---
	Let the Chartreuese Goose exist, it is a unique entity. Initially
	it is Somewhere Else. It may only be possessed by one player at a 
	time.
- ---
to
- ---
	Let a unique, non-tradeable entity exist named the Chartreuse
	Goose.
- ---

31.  Rule 1300 ("Patent Infringement") is amended by changing
- ---
If there is a type of Ackanomic Entity whose creation or existance is
specified by a Rule or Rules, and yet a Player possesses an Entity of
that type whose creation or existance was made possible solely by the
Rule "Permissibility of the Unprohibited," that Player shall be Guilty
of Patent Infringement, unless that Entity is any type of Frog.
- ---
to
- ---
When a rule change occurs that causes a new named entity or named
class of entities to exist, and a Player owns an entity with the same
name as the new entity or class, that Player shall be Guilty of Patent
Infringement, unless that entity is any type of Frog.
- ---

[There may be other problems with this rule but I won't try to fix
them here.]

32.  Rule 1312 ("Garments") is amended by changing
- ---
	A class of Protected entity known as a Garment exists. Garments are
	Tradeable, unless the rules for a particular Garment specify
	otherwise.
- ---
to
- ---
	A class of entity known as a Garment exists.  Garments are
	tradeable, unless the rules for a particular Garment specify
	otherwise.
- ---

33.  Rule 1315 ("Easy Money") is repealed.  [Since A$ are gift, we
don't need it.]

34.  Rule 1318 ("Bond Options") is amended by changing...
- ---
	1) A class of entity known as Bond Options (Options) exist. Bond
	Options are Tradeable and mimsy.
- ---
to
- ---
	1) A class of nameless, tradeable, mimsy entity known as Bond Options
	(Options) exist.
- ---
and by changing
- ---
	6) Specific Options are named as follows:
	O<Name of Bond>-<Quantity>-A$<Strike Price>-<Exp. Date as
	yymmdd>-<Writer>
- ---
to
- ---
	6) Specific Options are labelled as follows:
	O<Name of Bond>-<Quantity>-A$<Strike Price>-<Exp. Date as
	yymmdd>-<Writer>
- ---

35.  Rule 1348 ("Trinkets") is amended by changing
- ---
	A class of Tradeable entities known as Trinkets exist. Trinkets may be
	traded via the same procedures allowed for the trading of Ackadollars.
- ---
to
- ---
	A class of gift entities known as Trinkets exist.
- ---

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 12:57:25 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1415

Proposal 1415 -- Tue 5 Nov 12:51 CST 1996
Freeing up some disk space
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

{{[R 629, Constitutional Convention, always seemed useless to me
and needlessly long unless there was a crisis which prevented normal
rule changes (since the effect of a CC can be done with a multi-rule
change proposal without all the clutter of delagates and the 7/8
supermajority).  Rather than repeal it outright, I attempt to replace
it with something more straightforward.  If we think the game is
crash-proof, perhaps we should just repeal the thing.  Of course,
this doesn't make it crash-proof, obviously]}}

Amend R 629 so that its title is "Crisis Resolution" and so that its
text is:

{{all current States of Crisises cease to exist.  All State of Crisis
Resolution Documents are destroyed}}

1) The Speaker, and only the Speaker, may declare a State of Crisis at any
time via public announcement, provided the game is not in a State of
Crisis.  Upon such declaration being legally made, the game is said to
be in a State of Crisis until the State of Crisis is lifted as specified
by the rules.

2) When, and only when, the game is in a State of Crisis the following
officers have the following powers:

	a) The Speaker may declare the State of Crisis lifted.
        b) The President may publically issue a State of Crisis
Resolution Document detailing a list of rule changes to be made to the
ruleset.  The valid rule changes detailed in that document will be
applied three days after the issuance of that document, or at the end
of a failed challenge (whichever is later) unless it has been challenged
and defeated.  

3) Any player may publically challenge the State of Crisis Resolution
Document within three days of its issuance, provided that document has
not been previously challenged.  If such a challenge is lodged, a Hearing
is called.  The valid responses in this Hearing are "The President is
scamming us", and "This will patch the crisis".  If the verdict of the
Hearing shows that the President is scamming us, the document is
defeated, and an Impeachment Paper is immediately filed against the
President.  Otherwise, the challenge is said to have failed.

This rule takes precedence over any mutable rule with which it conflicts.

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 414 to remove the sections labelled "(a.5)" and "(a.6)".

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 12:57:43 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1416

Proposal 1416 -- Tue 5 Nov 12:52 CST 1996
Entities
Mohammed (Jason Orendorff)

[Okay, here it is.  The final revision, as far as I'm concerned.
						--Mohammed  ]

[Clarifications:]

The symbol --- is used many times in this proposal as a delimiter.  It
is not part of the text it marks off.  Quote marks ("") are also used
as delimiters.

This proposal often proposes to change part of a paragraph (in a Rule)
so that it reads differently.  This does not break the paragraph into
two paragraphs (except where the text to be swapped in appears as two
paragraphs.)

[Rule changes:]

1.  Modify Rule 592 ("Protection") to read, in full:
- ---
	A Protected action may not be performed except as specified
	by the rules.  An action's performance has no effect on the
	game other than those effects specified by the Rules.  All
	actions in Ackanomic are Protected by default, unless the
	rule(s) which specify or define their behaviour explicitly
	state otherwise.
- ---

2.  Create a new rule, titled "Entities", reading:
- ---
{{
	All entities created solely under the authority of Rule 115 are
	destroyed.  [From now on it's strictly Trinkets.]
}}

	Something is an entity if and only if the rules specify that
	it is, or it is defined by the Rules and Ackanomic tradition
	indicates that it is an entity.  [Caveat:  implicit entityhood
	(by game custom) may be abandoned in a future version of this
	rule.  Explicitly defining your entityish creations to be
	entities is strongly recommended.]

	An entity may not be created, destroyed, or manipulated except
	as specified by the Rules.  It can have no material effect on the
	game other than those effects specified by the Rules.

	Rules, the rule set, and Proposals are unownable entities.
	Rule changes may manipulate Rules and the Rule set.

	Manipulation of an entity is permissible if such manipulation
	is not explicitly regulated by the rules, and such
	manipulation would not have a material effect on the game. In other
	words, the game state must be the same after the manipulation as it
	would have been had the manipulation not occurred.

	For the purposes of this rule, discussion and messages (public or
	private) are not considered a material effect on the game.  Nor are
	the initiation or results of a CFJ or CFCJ concerning the matter of
	whether or not a certain event constitutes a material effect.  It
	is recognized that deciding whether a particular manipulation
	materially affected the game state is a matter that often can only
	be decided by judgement alone.

	{{ This Rule is hereby renumbered to 500. }}
- ---

[ Current text of "Protection":

   Rule 592/6 (Mutable)
   Protection
   Mohammed (Jason Orendorff)
   
	A Protected entity may not be created, destroyed, or manipulated
	except as specified by the Rules. It has no effect on the game other
	than those effects specified by the Rules.
	
	A Protected action may not be performed except as specified by the
	rules. An action's performance has no effect on the game other than
	those effects specified by the Rules.
	
	All entities and actions in Ackanomic are Protected by default,
	unless the rule(s) which specify or define their behaviour
	*explicitly* state otherwise. This clause defers precedence to all
	such mutable rules which *explicitly* state such.
	
	Rules, the rule set, proposals, points, currency, Officers, Players,
	and PFbonds are protected entities. Rule changes may manipulate
	rules and the rule set.
	
	Manipulation of a protected entitiy is permissable if such
	manipulation is not explicitly regulated by the rules, and such
	manipulation would not have a material effect on the game. In other
	words, the game state must be the same after the manipulation as it
	would have been had the manipulation not occurred.

	For the purposes of the above paragraph, discussion of the
	manipulation is not considered a material effect on the game. Nor is
	the initiation, or the effects, of a CFJ or CFCJ alledging or
	indicating the manipulation was illegal, unless said CFJ or CFCJ is
	judged TRUE. It is recognized that deciding whether a particular
	manipulation materially affected the game state is a matter that
	often can only be decided by judgement alone.

	Extra-Nomic entities and actions, and External Concepts, including
	but not limited to: linguistic and customary interpretation, game
	custom, spirit of the game, and food and drink, are explicitly not
	Protected. Words and the use of words in public messages are not
	Protected, except where specified by other rules.
]

3.  A new Rule is created, titled "Entity Names", reading:
- ---
	Each entity is either named (which means it has a name) or
	nameless.  An entity is nameless unless the Rules specify
	otherwise.

	When a named entity is created, it shall be given a name in
	accordance with the Rules.  If the Rules do not specify any
	other method for deterimining its name, or if the method
	specified does not give a legal name, that entity shall be
	considered nameless until a name is legally assigned to it.

	A name is a sequence of name characters.  The name characters are:

	! # $ % & * + - / 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 : = ? @ \ ^ _
	A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
	a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
	| ~ . ,

	and the space character.

	[Parentheses, single quotes, double quotes, back quotes,
	square brackets, angle brackets, braces, and non-ASCII
	characters are not name characters.] {{[This is slightly
	different from the previous rule, but it's not a gratuitous
	change, and no names are affected that I know of.]}}

	{{ This Rule is renumbered to 500.1 . }}
- ---

4.  A new Rule is created, titled "Entity Ownership", reading:
- ---

	Named entities may own other ownable entities, or even own
	themselves.  (Nameless entities may not.)

	Each entity is either unownable, nontradeable, tradeable, or
	gift.  An entity is nontradeable unless the Rules specify
	otherwise.

	If an entity is nontradeable, tradeable, or gift, then it is
	ownable.  At any given time, each ownable entity is either
	owned by one named entity or Somewhere Else (unowned).

	When an ownable entity is created, it is unowned, unless the
	Rules specify an initial owner for it.  Entities may be
	transferred from one owner to another only through methods
	specified by the Rules.

	{{ This Rule is renumbered to 500.2. }}
- ---

5.  A new Rule is created, titled "Entity Uniqueness", reading:
- ---
	An entity is unique if, and only if, the Rules specify that it
	is.  Each unique entity is the only entity of its type.

	If there are several entities of the same type, and at least
	one of them is unique, all the non-unique entities of that
	type are destroyed.  If there are several unique entities of
	the same type, the oldest one survives and the rest are
	destroyed.

	Unique entities may not be cloned, copied, duplicated, or
	Xeroxed; an attempt to forge a copy of a unique entity always
	results in humiliating failure.

	A unique entity is also mimsy, unless the rules specify that
	it is not.  A non-unique entity is not mimsy, unless the Rules
	specify that it is.  [Mimsy entities cannot be haunted by
	Undead.  See Rule 962.2 .]

	{{ This Rule is renumbered to 500.3 . }}
- ---

5a.  Rule 962.1 ("Twas Brillig") is repealed. 
[ Current text:
   
   Rule 962.1/1 (Mutable)
   Twas Brillig
   pTang1001001sos (Mark Nau)
   
     The following entities are mimsy:
     
     Gumball
     Magic Potato
     Phoebe
     Phoebe's matchbox
     Great Trombone
     Brass Monkey
     The Little Lamb
     WOol Sweaters
     
     No other entities are mimsy unless explicitly designated as such by
     the Rules.
]

[Practically all this stuff is already unique; the rest of it is
declared to be mimsy by some other Rule.  So that's obsolete.]

6.  A new Rule is created, titled "Trading and Gifts", reading:
- ---
	This Rule defers to all other rules.  [Rules may specify
	conditions in which certain trades may not take place, even
	though this rule specifies that they are legal.  Rules may
	specify alternate means of trading entities, beyond those given
	here.]

	A Player may offer a trade of one group of entities for
	another, by sending a public message specifying the entities
	offered (if any) and the entities requested (if any), if and
	only if the trade is legal.  If the message further states
	specifically to which Players the trade is offered, then the
	trade is exclusive; otherwise it is offered at large.

	A trade that offers or requests a negative number of any type
	of entity is illegal.  A trade that offers or requests any
	entity that is neither tradeable nor gift, or that the Player
	offering the trade doesn't own, is illegal.  A trade that
	offers more entities of any type than the Player offering the
	trade owns is illegal.  All other trades are legal.

	An offer made in this way stands until it is legally retracted or
	accepted, or the player who offered it no longer owns the entities
	offered, or the offer has been standing for at least three days,
	whichever comes first.

	A Player may retract a trade he or she offered by sending a public
	message to that effect.

	A Player may accept an exclusive trade offered to him or her,
	or any trade offered at large [but not one that was offered
	specifically to someone else], if and only if he or she owns
	all of the entities requested, in at least the quantities
	requested.  He or she does this by sending a public message to
	that effect.

	When a Player accepts a standing trade, the entities offered
	are transferred from the Player who offered the trade to the
	Player who accepted it, and the entities requested in exchange
	are transferred from the Player who accepted the trade to the
	Player who offered it.

	A Player who owns a gift entity may transfer that entity to
	another Player by sending a public message announcing the
	action.

	All trades made as described by this rule are said to occur on
	the Free Market.
- ---

7.  Rule 218 ("Registered Players") is amended by adding the sentence
"Players are named, unownable entities." after the sentence "A player
is any person who is registered as a player."

7a.  Rule 306 ("The Magic Potato") is amended by changing the sentence
"This rule creates a nomic entity known as the Magic Potato." to
"This rule creates a unique entity known as the Magic Potato."

8.  Rule 422 ("Required Number Of Points To Win") is amended by adding
- ---
	Points are entities.  It is possible for a Player to have a
	negative number of points.

	The number of points a Player has is commonly referred to as
	his or her score; when it is specified that a Player's score
	is changed, the appropriate number of points are created or
	destroyed in order to accomplish the specified change.
- ---
at the beginning.

9.  Rule 482 ("Office of the Financier and Free Market") is amended to
read, in full:
- ---
	The Office of the Financier (OotF), or Financier, is a Functional
	Office.

	The Duties of the Financier are:

	a)  To maintain accurate records of the who owns each ownable
	entity, what each Player owns, and what each named non-Player
	entity [such as the Treasury or the Chartreuse Goose] owns.

	b)  To log all transfers of entity ownership and the creation
	and destruction of entities, and to verify that these events
	happen only in accordance with the Rules.

	c)  To make the records and logs available to any Player upon request.

	d)  To maintain the Free Market (FM), and to verify any
	transaction made there was made in accordance with the rules.
	The Financier is responsible for overseeing the lawful
	functioning of any entity that deals on, is related to, uses
	the FM, when using the FM.  This includes the authority to
	negotiate and resolve conflicts or disagreements between such
	entities according to the rules, tradition, or to the best of
	his/her judgement, in that order.

	The Priveleges of the Financier are:

	a) To appoint up to 2 assistants, to help in gathering, maintaining,
	and publishing information pertaining to the above.  These assistants
	may resign.  These assistants are not Officers.

	b) To receive the usual salary for a Functional Officer.
- ---

[ The rest of the stuff is moved in with the various Entity rules.
Current text depends upon whether P1404 passed.  Here is the
latest text available to me:

	I. Financier
	
	The Office of the Financier (OotF), or Financier, is a Functional
	Office.
	
	The duties of the Financier are:
	
	a) To maintain accurate records of all players' account balances,
	and a log of all debits and credits to those balances.
	
	b) To maintain a list of balances and assets of all non-player
	entities, such as the Treasury.
	
	c) To publish all account balances on at least a bi-weekly basis,
	and to make the logs or balances available to any player upon
	request.
	
	d) To maintain the Free Market (FM), and to verify any transaction
	made there was made in accordance with the rules. The Financier is
	responsible for overseeing the lawful functioning of any entity that
	deals on, is related to, uses the FM, when using the FM. This
	includes the authority to negotiate and resolve conflicts or
	disagreements between such entities according to the rules,
	tradition, or to the best of his/her judgement, in that order.
	
	The priviledges of the Financier are:
	
	a) To appoint up to 2 assistants, to help in gathering, maintaining,
	and publishing information pertaining to the above. These assistants
	may resign. These assistants are not "officiers", as the term is
	generally used elsewhere in the rules.
	
	b) To receive the usual salary for a functional officer.
	
	II. Trading and the Free Market (FM)

	1) All entities are either Tradeable or non-Tradeable.

	2) An entity is Tradeable if and only if the rules specify that it
	is, otherwise it is non-Tradeable. The rules may specify specific
	conditions or mechanisms for non-Tradeable entities to be traded or
	transferred; this rule defers to any such rules where there is a
	conflict. Tradeable entities may only be transferred by methods
	described in the rules.

	3) The FM is a bulletin board where players may post a desire to
	make a trade, and is where a record of all trades are kept.

	4) Two players may trade a non-negative quantity of a Tradeable
	entity for another non-negative quantity of another (or the same)
	Tradeable entity on the FM, as described following. (If one of the
	quantities is 0, the trade may be specified as a "gift" or
	"donation" for convienence).

	5) Both players must consent to the trade, and must own sufficient
	quanitity of the entity to fulfill their half of the trade.

	6) The trade is completed (unless it is deemed unlawful) by both
	players posting their consent to the public forum, along with a
	description of the trade.

	7) A record of the trade is recorded on the FM by the Financier. If
	the Financier determines that the trade is not in accordance with
	the rules, it is deemed never to have happened.

	8) Other rules may specify other methods in which Tradeable entities
	may be transferred, independent of the FM.
]

10.  Rule 480 ("Creation of the AckaDollar") is amended by changing
`the sentence "AckaDollars are tradeable." to "AckaDollars are gift
entities." and by changing the Rule's Title to "AckaDollars".

11.  Rule 481 ("Creation of PF Bonds") is amended by changing
- ---
	PF Bonds are tradeable. They may not be broken into fractional PF
	bonds.
- ---
to
- ---
	PF bonds are nameless, tradeable entities.  They may not be
	broken into fractional PF bonds.
- ---
and by changing the Rule's Title to "PF Bonds".

11a.  Rule 495/3 ("Gumball") is amended by changing
- ---   
	The passage of this proposal will create an acka-entity called
	the gumball which can be chewed only on alternate Wednesdays
	and Thursdays.
- ---
to
- ---
	There is a unique entitiy called the gumball which can be
	chewed only on alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- ---

12.  Rule 549 ("The Blue Cross") is amended by adding the sentence "A
Blue Cross Bonus is a nameless, nontradeable entity." to the end of
section 2 and by adding the sentence "Gold and Silver Stripes are
nameless, nontradeable entities."

13.  Rule 570 ("Player Names") is amended by changing
- ---
	Each player will have an Official Ackanomic Name. The Name
	must consist of at least three, and no more than twenty
	alphanumerical characters. All nomic business must use the
	Name when referring to a specific player.
- ---
to
- ---
	Players are named.  A Player's name must consist of at least
	three, and no more than twenty name characters.  All nomic
	business must use the Name when referring to a specific
	player.
- ---
and by removing
- ---
	Alphanumerical characters are defined for this rule to include
	alphanumeric characters and (! @ # $ % ^ & * ' " , . ^ ! : ; /
	\ | - _ = + space). Excluded are the characters < > ( ) { } [ ].

	[This rules justifies the common practice that some players
	have name like Calvin N Hobbes, Robert Sevin and allow names
	like /dev/joe and De'ghew. Yes, the ' ' or space is not an
	alphanumeric character :)]
- ---

14.  Amend Rule 593 ("The Inventor") by changing
- ---
	(iii) Blueprints and Gadgets are protected.
- ---
to
- ---
	(iii) Blueprints are unownable entities.
- ---

15.  Rule 609 ("Offices, Commonalities") is amended by adding
- ---
	Offices are named, unownable entities.
- ---
at the beginning, and by adding
- ---
	A Seat of an Office is an unownable entity.  [Seats are held,
	not owned.]
- ---
after "(i) Seats:".

16.  Rule 642 is amended by changing
- ---
	Rule numbers and proposal numbers are protected.
- ---	
to
- ---
	Rule numbers and proposal numbers are unownable entities.
- ---

17.  Rule 665 ("Treasury and Hard Money") is amended by changing 
- ---
	The acka-entity called the Treasury now exists.

	Treasury:
	The Treasury serves as a storing house for acka-entities that
	belong to no Player. Items in the Treasury may not be
	manipulated in any way except as explicitly allowed by the
	Rules.
- ---
to
- ---
	Treasury:
	The Treasury is a named, unownable entity that serves as a
	storing house for entities that belong to no Player.  Items
	owned by the Treasury are said to be "in the Treasury", and
	they may not be manipulated in any way except as explicitly
	allowed by the Rules.
- ---

18. Rule 683 ("ExtraNomic Entities") shall be amended to read:
- ---
	Other nomics may exist, although it is uncertain exactly where
	they might reside (maybe in some of the smaller cells of the
	Gaol.)

	When the Rules specify that an entity is "imported" from
	another nomic, that entity is, for the purposes of Ackanomic,
	created at that time.  Its behavior and ownership are
	generally governed by the rules of the nomic from which it was
	imported.  However, it may not perform protected actions,
	create entities, or manipulate or destroy entities that
	weren't imported from the same nomic; if a nomic specifies
	that an entity imported from it performs any of these actions,
	the entity is immediately exported.  For the purposes of
	Ackanomic, it is then destroyed.
- ---

[ Current text:
   
By this rule, Ackanomic recognizes the legitimate existence of
entities that live the InterNomic realm, which is composed of
(potentially) all Nomics, and that players from Ackanomic itself are
allowed to be a part of them.  These organizations are governed by
MetaNomic rules as set down by whatever InterNomic entity is
recognized by Ackanomic, while the members of such organizations must
abide by the rules of their respective individual Nomics. ]

18a.  Rule 721 ("Organizations") is amended by changing
- ---
	1. Let a new class of entities be created called
	Organizations.  Organizations may only be established or
	disbanded according to the rules.
- ---
to
- ---
	1.  Organizations are unownable, named entities.
- ---

18b.  Rule 730 ("Steel Flea") is amended by changing "nomic entity" in
the first paragraph to "unique entity", and by adding
- ---
	Phoebe's matchbox is a unqiue entity.
- ---
to the end.

19.  Rule 762 ("The Great Trombone of Ackanomia") is amended by changing
- ---
	The Great Trombone is protected, and cannot be transferred or
	destroyed except as described by the rules.
- ---
to
- ---
	The Great Trombone is a unique entity.
- ---

19a.  Rule 775 ("Church") is amended by changing
- ---
	1.a Let there be a new type of Ackanomic entity called a Church

	b. If Organization is defined, then a Church is a type of
	Organization

	c. A Church is a Protected entity.
- ---
to
- ---
	1.  Churches are Organizations.  {{ [All Organizations are
	already entities by Rule 721. ] }}
- ---

20.  Rule 786 ("Gadgets") is amended by changing
- ---	
	(iii) A Gadget has at most one owner. Gadgets are tradeable.
- ---
to
- ---
	(iii) Gadgets are tradeable entities.
- ---
and by removing
- ---
	(iv) Entites with the same name as a Gadget proposed or
	introduced by a Blueprint may only be created in accordance with
	procedures explicitly delineated in the Rules.
- ---

[ Gadgets are protected; just because something has the same name
doesn't make it a Gadget.  Also, you can't make a Trinket with the
same name as anything else under the new rules anyway, and there will
be no more R115 entities.]

21.  Rule 818 ("Prosthetic Foreheads") is amended by changing
- ---
	This rule creates a type of entity known as a Prosthetic Forehead.
	There is an endless supply and an endless variety of Prosthetic
	Foreheads. Prosthetic Foreheads are protected and tradeable.
- ---
to
- ---
	There is an endless supply and an endless variety of
	Prosthetic Foreheads.  Prosthetic Foreheads are tradeable
	entities.
- ---

22.  Rule 827 ("The Amber Banana") is amended by changing
- ---
	The Amber Banana, and the tree it grows on, are protected, and can
	only be destroyed by Acid Rain.
- ---
to
- ---
	The Amber Banana, and the tree it grows on, are entities, and can
	only be destroyed by Acid Rain.
- ---

22a.  Rule 841 ("Towers") is amended by changing
- ---
	There is no limit to the number of towers that may be added to a
	building, and there is no upper limit to their height, so long as
	they are constructed (or extended) via procedures defined in the
	rules. Towers are protected, as is the act of constructing (and
	extending) them.
- ---
to
- ---
	There is no limit to the number of towers that may be added to a
	building, and there is no upper limit to their height, so long as
	they are constructed (or extended) via procedures defined in the
	rules.  Towers are unownable entities.
- ---

23.  Rule 867 ("Eggs and Fruit") is amended by changing
- ---
	A Chartreuse Goose Egg is an Ackanomic Entity. Any number may exist at
	any time.
- ---
to
- ---
	A Chartreuse Goose Egg is a nameless, tradeable entity.
- ---
and by changing
- ---
	A Right-Handed Grapefruit is an Ackanomic Entity. Only one may
	exist at any time. A player who owns a Right-Handed Grapefruit may at
	any time make Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice. Right-Handed Grapefruits
	have no other power. Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice has only those
	powers granted it by the Rules.
- ---
to
- ---
	The Right-Handed Grapefruit is a unique, nontradeable entity.  A
	Player who owns a Right-Handed Grapefruit may at any time make
	Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice (a tradeable, potable
	entity).
- ---
and by deleting the sentences labelled (a) and (b) at the end.

[ Current text:

	(a) Chartreuse Goose Eggs, Right-Handed Grapefruits, and
	Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice may only be created, destroyed, or
	manipulated as the Rules specify.

	(b) If entities have Power attributes, then Chartreuse Goose
	Eggs, Right-Handed Grapefruits, and Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice
	shall each have power 0.6666, and the sentences labelled (a) and
	(b) shall be deleted from this rule.

I think Power's dead & buried; (a) is effectively Protection and
as such is now unnecessary.
]

24.  Rule 891 ("The Press") is amended by changing
- ---
	The player that creates a newspaper is said to own that newspaper.
	No player may own more than three newspapers at any one time.
	Newspapers are tradeable. An owner of a newspaper may close it down
	by publically announcing that he is doing so. In this case, that
	newspaper is said to have "gone bust" and no longer exists.
- ---
to
- ---
	Newspapers are named, tradeable entities.  When a newspaper is
	created, it belongs to the player who started it.  To own more
	than three newspapers at any one time is a Crime.  An owner of a
	newspaper may close it down by publically announcing that he is
	doing so.  In this case, that newspaper is said to have "gone
	bust" and no longer exists.
- ---
and by deleting the sentence "Newspapers are protected entities."

25.  Rule 962.2 ("Player Leaving/Returning Process") is amended by
adding the sentence "Bond Promissories are nameless, tradeable
entities." to the end of the first paragraph.

26.  Rule 964 ("Undead") is amended by changing
- ---
	There exists the class of protected acka-entities known as the
	Undead.

	a) Each Undead has a name and can act to "haunt" some number
	of entities.
- ---
to
- ---
	There exists the class of named, unownable entities kwown as
	the Undead.

	a) Each Undead can act to "haunt" some number of entities.
- ---

26a.  Rule 1022 ("Spelling Bee") is amended by changing the sentence
"This Rule creates a Protected entity known as the Spelling Bee." to
"The Spelling Bee is an unownable entity."

27.  Rule 1033 ("Bronze Torch") is amended by replacing:
- ---
	Any number of Bronze Torches may exist at any one time. They
	may only be owned by players, and have only those powers	
	specified by the Rules and shall only be created and destroyed
	as specified by the Rules. A player may have at most one
	Bronze Torch. Bronze Torches may not be bought, sold, or
	otherwise traded or transferred amongst players, except as
	specified in this rule. This clause has precedence over any
	mutable rule which would allow such transference.
- ---
with
- ---
	Bronze Torches are metallic entities.  A Player may have at
	most one Bronze torch.
- ---
and by removing
- ---
	Upon a player leaving the game, their Bronze Torch is haunted
	by their undead.
- ---
(which is the default.)

27a.  Rule 1046 ("Baaa") is amended by changing "acka-entity" in the
first paragraph to "unique entity" and by adding "Wool Sweaters are
tradeable, mimsy entities." to the end of the last paragraph.

28.  Rule 1155 ("Decks of Playing Cards") is amended by changing
- ---
	This paragraph takes precedence over all other mutable rules
	dealing with Playing Cards and Decks of Playing Cards.  A Deck of
	Playing Cards (or Deck) is an Ackanomic Entity which consists
	of some number of elements called Playing Cards (or simply
	Cards).  Cards may not be created, destroyed, sold, or traded
	except when entire Decks are created, destroyed, sold, or
	traded together.  Cards may not be exchanged between
	Decks. Decks are tradable.
- ---
to
- ---
	This paragraph takes precedence over all other mutable Rules
	dealing with Playing Cards and Decks of Playing Cards.  A Deck
	of Playing Cards (or Deck) is an entity which consists of some
	number of elements called Playing Cards (or simply Cards).
	Cards are nontradeable entities.  Cards may not be exchanged
	between Decks.
- ---
and by changing
- ---
	A deck does not have an owner, unless the instantiating
	document says it does.  Decks may be used without being
	owned.  An unowned deck is not tradable.
- ---
to
- ---
	A Deck is unownable, unless the instantiating document
	specifies an owner for it, in which case it is tradeable.
- ---

28a.  Rule 1206 ("Games & Contests") is amended by removing the word
"Protected" wherever it appears [in section 9, near the middle of that
paragraph].

29.  Rule 1240 ("The Machine That Goes *ping*") is amended by changing
- ---
	I. There exists the Ackanomic entity called The Machine That Goes
	*ping*, henceforth known as the Machine. Should a Machine ever be
	created by means other than this rule, it instantly ceases to exist.
	The Machine is protected.
- ---
to
- ---
	I. There exists the unique entity called The Machine That Goes
	*ping*, henceforth known as the Machine.
- ---

30.  Rule 1243 ("Chartreuse Goose") is amended by changing
- ---
	Let the Chartreuese Goose exist, it is a unique entity. Initially
	it is Somewhere Else. It may only be possessed by one player at a 
	time.
- ---
to
- ---
	Let a unique, nontradeable entity exist named the Chartreuse
	Goose.
- ---

30a.  Rule 1253 ("Tornado") is amended by changing "All Tornadoes are
Protected." [in the first paragraph] to "Tornadoes are dangerous entities."

31.  Rule 1300 ("Patent Infringement") is amended by changing
- ---
	If there is a type of Ackanomic Entity whose creation or
	existance is specified by a Rule or Rules, and yet a Player
	possesses an Entity of that type whose creation or existance
	was made possible solely by the Rule "Permissibility of the
	Unprohibited," that Player shall be Guilty of Patent
	Infringement, unless that Entity is any type of Frog.
- ---
to
- ---
	When a rule change occurs that causes a new named entity or
	named class of entities to exist, and a Player owns an entity
	with the same name as the new entity or class, that Player
	shall be Guilty of Patent Infringement, unless that entity is
	any type of Frog.
- ---

[There may be other problems with this rule but I won't try to fix
them here.]

32.  Rule 1312 ("Garments") is amended by changing
- ---
	A class of Protected entity known as a Garment exists. Garments are
	Tradeable, unless the rules for a particular Garment specify
	otherwise.
- ---
to
- ---
	A class of entity known as a Garment exists.  Garments are
	tradeable, unless the rules for a particular Garment specify
	otherwise.
- ---

32a.  Rule 1314 ("Marks of the Champion") is amended by changing
- ---
	The types of entities called Champion's Cloaks and Badges of
	Glory are defined by the rules. Both are Protected; Champion's
	Cloaks are non-Tradeable Garments. Neither may be created or
	destroyed except as specified in the rules.
- ---
to
- ---
	Champion's Cloaks and Badges of Glory are nontradeable
	entities.  Champion's Cloaks are Garments.
- ---

33.  Rule 1315 ("Easy Money") is repealed.  [Since A$ are gift, we
don't need it.]

34.  Rule 1318 ("Bond Options") is amended by changing...
- ---
	1) A class of entity known as Bond Options (Options) exist. Bond
	Options are Tradeable and mimsy.
- ---
to
- ---
	1) A class of nameless, tradeable, mimsy entity known as Bond
	Options (Options) exist.
- ---
and by changing
- ---
	6) Specific Options are named as follows:
	O<Name of Bond>-<Quantity>-A$<Strike Price>-<Exp. Date as
	yymmdd>-<Writer>
- ---
to
- ---
	6) Specific Options are labelled as follows:
	O<Name of Bond>-<Quantity>-A$<Strike Price>-<Exp. Date as
	yymmdd>-<Writer>
- ---

35.  Rule 1329 ("Church Sanctuary") is amended by changing the
sentence "The W-File Pair is a protected entity." [at the end] to "The
W-File Pair and Mold and Scold are entities."

36.  Rule 1348 ("Trinkets") is amended by changing
- ---
	A class of Tradeable entities known as Trinkets exist. Trinkets may be
	traded via the same procedures allowed for the trading of Ackadollars.
- ---
to
- ---
	A class of gift entities known as Trinkets exist.
- ---

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #333
*******************************