Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #316
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Monday, October 28 1996       Volume 01 : Number 316

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 11:28:47 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Not even an RFC, thinking of algorithms

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Jason Orendorff wrote:

> 	To say that wealth is conserved is to use the word "wealth" in a
> way that doesn't match with it's normal English definition.
> 	To me, it seems analogous to saying that energy is conserved to a
> runner who doesn't know Newtonian physics.  The runner will respond, "So
> when I'm full of energy at noon and then run ten kilometers and am
> exhausted, where does the energy go?"  At which point you can reply that
> it is converted to kinetic energy (which is then quickly dissipated 
> through friction), but it won't mean anything to the runner, because to 
> her the energy is simply used up (after all, it won't come back.)  You 
> take a formal definition of "energy"; she takes a colloquial one.
> 	Is "wealth", as used in economics, generally used to represent 
> the mere existence of a resource, regardless of how much humans in an 
> economy consider it to be worth?  If so, then my misunderstanding comes 
> from the fact that I was taking a colloquial definition of "wealth" while 
> you took a formal one.  If not, I must continue to take issue with the idea 
> that wealth is conserved.

In economics, a resource has NO value unless given value by the market.  
Let's say that 6,000 years ago, Thinker-of-Algorithms' great-granddaddy 
was named Knapper-of-Flints.  Knapper-of-Flints possessed a great 
resource -- the knowledge of how to turn common rocks into useful tools 
- -- and so Knapper-of-Flints turned time and rock into useful tools: 
firestarters, arrowheads, knives, axes, plowshares, scrapers, axes, etc.  
And so, from all around, others came, exchanging the results of their 
labor for Knapper-of-Flints' tools.  Planter-of-Seeds, Tanner-of-Skins, 
Slayer-of-Large-Hairy-Beasts, Shaper-of-Wood, Storer-of-Water -- they all 
came to barter.  
And if Knapper of Flint had spent 20 hours creating a spearhead and 50 
creating an axe, the axe had greater value to him, and he would trade it 
for more.

If he had ample food, he might require more food as payment than on a day 
when he was hungry.  During the winter, Tanner-of-Skins might find his 
goods worth more scrapers.  During a drought, Storer-of-Water could name 
his price, but during a flood, he couldn't give water away.

Today, Knapper-of-Flint's resources are worth almost nothing, except 
maybe at a few tourist traps.

This simple example demonstrates one of the basic economics facts -- 
nothing has value unless people are willing to give up somethings else in 
exchange for it.  Then, and only then, can we try to compare the relative 
value of two things.

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 12:45:10 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Not even an RFC, thinking of algorithms

Guy Fawkes wrote:
> 

> In economics, a resource has NO value unless given value by the market.

> This simple example demonstrates one of the basic economics facts --
> nothing has value unless people are willing to give up somethings else in
> exchange for it.  Then, and only then, can we try to compare the relative
> value of two things.

I believe my disagreement with this sums up where I, and my arguments,
disagree with the arguments in much of this thread.

Wealth, to me, is an increase in standard of living (whether the measure
of such increase is subjective or objective, and how that measure is
performed is another can of worms which shall use many more megabytes
to dissuss, real gross domestic GDP works for me, more or less, on a
crude macro level).

An increase in standard of living, and hence wealth, can be achieved
in the absense of a market to give the resources that improved my
standard of living value.  For example, I may think of an algorithm that
builds me a flint and feather archery system.  Such system can be
used to increase my diet from brussel sprouts (yuck!) to fillet mignon.

My wealth has increased without an extant market.  True, I can make
a market in my alrgoithm by liscensing it to the rest of the tribe for
other goodies that increase my SOL further, but that is a seperate issue.

It is also possible that said wealth is ephemeral, inasmuch as I, at
some time, can no longer use my algorithm.  That day has not necessarily
come yet, however.

There is also an assumption that I am picking up that wealth is a zero-sum
game, and I also have issue with that assumption on planet earth (but not
necessarily on acka).

Malenkai
trying unsuccessfully to stay out of this discussion :)

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 12:20:46 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Not even an RFC, thinking of algorithms

I understand your point, and I too think this thread has about exhausted 
its usefulness.

Suffice to say that many economists would describe the situation you 
described as a economy with a market of one participant, invent a unit (the 
util) to quantify your subjective pleasure of eating these various foods, 
describe the time you could not gather food while busy making your archery 
algorithm as its cost, figure the time you spend hunting sheep and hoeing 
in your brussel sprout garden as their costs, and then proceed to assign 
market costs to everything (arrows, brussel sprouts, fillet mignon, etc.) in 
your simple economy so that the relative utility of each item (in terms of 
utils/hr.) was equal.
 
Some call this the "Robinson Crusoe" economic model.

Guy Fawkes

 
On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> I believe my disagreement with this sums up where I, and my arguments,
> disagree with the arguments in much of this thread.
> 
> Wealth, to me, is an increase in standard of living (whether the measure
> of such increase is subjective or objective, and how that measure is
> performed is another can of worms which shall use many more megabytes
> to dissuss, real gross domestic GDP works for me, more or less, on a
> crude macro level).
> 
> An increase in standard of living, and hence wealth, can be achieved
> in the absense of a market to give the resources that improved my
> standard of living value.  For example, I may think of an algorithm that
> builds me a flint and feather archery system.  Such system can be
> used to increase my diet from brussel sprouts (yuck!) to fillet mignon.
> 
> My wealth has increased without an extant market.  True, I can make
> a market in my alrgoithm by liscensing it to the rest of the tribe for
> other goodies that increase my SOL further, but that is a seperate issue.
> 
> It is also possible that said wealth is ephemeral, inasmuch as I, at
> some time, can no longer use my algorithm.  That day has not necessarily
> come yet, however.
> 
> There is also an assumption that I am picking up that wealth is a zero-sum
> game, and I also have issue with that assumption on planet earth (but not
> necessarily on acka).
> 
> Malenkai
> trying unsuccessfully to stay out of this discussion :)
> 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 13:35:36 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Not even an RFC, thinking of algorithms

Guy Fawkes wrote:
> 
> I understand your point, and I too think this thread has about exhausted
> its usefulness.

:o)

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:00:07 -0500 (EST)
From: IdiotBoy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Church Founding

I am looking for some followers to join the Church of HiFi Nance, dedicated
to old stereo equipment and the promotion f Church Bingo.

IB
- --
IdiotBoy, as always, dumber than a box of hammers.
[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:52:27 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: AckaPhysicist

Calvin N Hobbes has been elected AckaPhysicist.  I am willing to
host the Codex of Kra web pages, if the Web-Harfer could provide
a link (unless CnH or the web-harfer wants to host it):

http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackakra.htm

CnH (5 votes)
- ------------
ThinMan
Malenkai
Guy Fawkes
breadbox
Calvin N Hobbes

Count Tabula

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 22:22:57 +0000
From: Matt <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G&C Proposal 103

> Uri Bruck wrote:
> > 
> > On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Guy Fawkes wrote:
> > 
> > >
> > > G&C Proposal 103
> > > Ghost
> > > Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)
> > >
> > 
> > Sine it was posted to the public forum, I received. Consider please
> > consider G & C proposal 103 to have been distributed by me. If someone
> > wants to nitpick, I can just resend it to the list.
> > 
> > Niccolo Flychuck
> > GamesMaster
> 
> I will endorse the current version.  The problems I pointed out
> previously don't bother me enough, although it would be nice if
> we could retract these things like proposals.
> 
> need 4.
> 
> Malenkai

3

Bascule 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 17:58:24 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: cultural contact

I received the following from a Nomic that has started up a little while
ago, which has yet to name itself (they have a couple of proposals in their
queue to name themselves).  I have told them about Internomic.

Malenkai
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

First off, you folks at Ackanomic have a very nice game running.  I'm quite
impressed. I've played nomic on and off for a years, most back when I was in
college.  Recently a few friends and I started playing and us being
technoweenies we made the obvious logic jump to running our game through
email.  Our email game has been running about a month now and seems to be
doing ok. I've set a web site to support it called Nomic Central.
(http://www.xensei.com/users/nomic) I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed a
few formating ideas from your site. We're still going through the birth
pangs of the game, so I have no idea what we'll look like (gamewise or site
wise) by the time we're established.

Oh, I also borrowed some of your initial rules. Again, I hope you don't
mind.  Suber's rules rewrite for the net really doesn't work too well. Your
initial rules are much better.  I did a lot of customizing and hacking
around so there are a bunch of differences between what your rules and my
initail rules, but the core is your set.  One of the bigger modifications I
made is adding the office of Chief Justice.  The way our juducial system
works is that, like your initial rules, a player sends a call for judgement
to the speaker who randomly picks a judge to preside.  What's different is
that in our game players can appeal a judgement up to the chief justice.
The whole call for judgement isn't appealed, just a specific point of law.
The CJ decides if that rule was interpreted properly, if yes the original
judgement stands, if no then it's overturned and the whole thing is remanded
back to a new judge.

Anyway, I though I'd drop you a note to let you know we're out here and to
thank you and your folks.  Good luck with everything.

Jack Zaientz
Nomic Speaker

p.s. while new players are welcome, we're not actively looking for any yet.
As I said, we've just gotten started.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 18:07:34 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 313 Verdict

CFJ 313 is judged TRUE :)

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 313
  Subject: English vs Acka-English
Initiator: Malenkai
    Judge: Bascule (selected Oct 27, 1996, 12:18h EDT)
Judgement: TRUE

Statement:

Using a particular word or phrase in a Rule, Proposal, Newspaper,
public post, or other Acka-document that happens to have identical
spelling to the name of an Acka-entity does not necessarily constitute
a reference to that Acka-entity, or a quoting of the name of that
Acka-entity.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

Tiring of the "is" newspaper business, and similar situations that
may arise in the future, I wish this settled once and for all, if
possible :).

It seems that a verdict of TRUE is obvious, based on common English
usage.

What if I said, "In accordance with R 115 I am buying some bread from
the Baker and putting it in my breadbox for safekeeping".

I claim under the conventions of the English language, the usage of
the word "breadbox" refers to no player.  In fact, one is a common
noun, and one is a proper noun.  Also, I am not quoting breadbox, the
player here.

Similarily, what if a player named "wrote" joined the game.  If I said
"I wrote CFJ 313", am I referring to the Acka-entity "wrote".  No way,
different part of speech in this case.

Also, if a newspaper publishes a statement such as "the earth is round",
the usage of the verb "is" does not constitute a reference or a quote
of any Acka-entity named "is".  It cannot, they are different parts of
speech!

This occurs in English (and probably other languages, except possibly
Greenlandic Inuit, which is really bizzare ;) all the time.  If
I say, "a library is a place to get books", am I referring to
*the library"?

A verdict of TRUE is indicated.

Bascule's Reasoning:

In English, words can have more than one meaning. As no rule states
otherwise, I conclude that Acka-words may also have more than one
meaning. However, I feel that the specific case of the Newspaper
"is" is beyond the scope of this judgement.

Is this a self-referential judgement? The Newspaper "is" has been
quoted in the previous paragraph, and in this sentence, and in the
next sentence. Does that mean that the CotC is publishing this
judgement in the Newspaper "is"? (I don't suppose he bothered to get
permission.) I wonder if the (None Yet) party can enlighten me.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 18:10:01 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 312 (Guy Fawkes)

Bascule declined.  ThinMan's cloak is still on the fritz, he was
better off without it.

Guy Fawkes has been chosen, and has 3 days to accept/decline.

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 312
  Subject: Tower
Initiator: snowgod
    Judge: Bascule (declined to judge)
2nd Judge: Guy Fawkes (selected Oct 27, 1996, 18:11h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

snowgod's plan to build the Tower of Bandwidth was approved by the senate.

snowgod's Reasoning:

[none - CotC]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 17:25:15 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 312 (Guy Fawkes)

Could we just simplify this whole mess by asking the supreme court to 
nullify the senate's decision to ignore snowgod's tower?

Guy Fawkes

I'm neither accepting nor declining just quite yet.

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> Clerk of the Courts
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Call For Judgement 312
>   Subject: Tower
> Initiator: snowgod
>     Judge: Bascule (declined to judge)
> 2nd Judge: Guy Fawkes (selected Oct 27, 1996, 18:11h EDT)
> Judgement:

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 15:00:12 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AckaPhysicist

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> Calvin N Hobbes has been elected AckaPhysicist.  I am willing to
> host the Codex of Kra web pages, if the Web-Harfer could provide
> a link (unless CnH or the web-harfer wants to host it):
> 
> http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackakra.htm
> 
> CnH (5 votes)
> ------------
> ThinMan
> Malenkai
> Guy Fawkes
> breadbox
> Calvin N Hobbes
> 
> Count Tabula

Not that it matters, but I'm about 100% certain that I cast a vote in
favor of CnH.

snowgod
> 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 15:05:37 -0900 (AKST)
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 313 Verdict

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> CFJ 313 is judged TRUE :)
> 
> Clerk of the Courts
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Call For Judgement 313
>   Subject: English vs Acka-English
> Initiator: Malenkai
>     Judge: Bascule (selected Oct 27, 1996, 12:18h EDT)
> Judgement: TRUE

I contend that although TRUE in the general, this CFJ specifically does
not apply to the "is" case in question.  You may have noticed that I have
been particularly lax in enforcing the name of my newspaper.  I am even
willing to allow Malenkai's alleged heresy rag to us my name in it's
articles, when it is being used solely as a an english word without
reference to my paper.  However, My objection to his usage of "is" was to
a specific case of that usage in which malenkai placed the name of my
paper in Quotation marks at the end of sentence.  By putting the name of
my newspaper on a pedastal like that, I am sure he was trying,
intentionally to claim some of my glorty and publish my paper.

I would hate to call a CFCJ against malenkai to protect the rights of
newspapers owners, but I fear that unless something is done to rememdy
this situation I may have to.  Of course, A small transfer of A$ could fix
this whole problem, and buy an newspaper owner the right to publish is
(with or without quotes) in their news articles.

All in good fun,
snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 19:03:57 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AckaPhysicist

Phil Ackley wrote:

> Not that it matters, but I'm about 100% certain that I cast a vote in
> favor of CnH.

Not that it matters, but I'm 100% certain I did not receive it :)

Assistant Tabulator
whose isp may have ate it

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 18:35:01 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  puree

I'm testing a generic bot which will (supposedly) soon turn into a nomic 
bot-- soon as I have time to work out the sordid details.  Going smoothly 
thus far, but it may be difficult to test.

Anyway, if my bot's response to this message hoses the ackanomic list (it 
couldn't possibly; it doesn't know about the Reply-To field) ... sorry bout 
that.

My question is this:  who would be interested in taking over the bot, once
the bugs are worked out?  Preferably it would be someone with root access 
on a unix, who can also use the C++ programming language.  A unix machine is
mandatory; a working C++ compiler is also necessary to compile the bot (GNU 
c++ is the one I'm using; it's free.)

The reason I wouldn't want to do it myself forever is that I do not own
the machine on which I take my mail; besides which it's nice to have a
separate mail account for the bot--an option I don't have. 

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 18:43:10 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Time Check

Central.  Memphis, Tennessee, USA.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 21:07:42 -0500 (EST)
From: IdiotBoy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  puree

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Jason Orendorff wrote:

> My question is this:  who would be interested in taking over the bot, once
> the bugs are worked out?  Preferably it would be someone with root access 
> on a unix, who can also use the C++ programming language.  A unix machine is
> mandatory; a working C++ compiler is also necessary to compile the bot (GNU 
> c++ is the one I'm using; it's free.)
> 
Wow, somebody did this professionally.  I write C++ for a living (well,
sometimes) and I wouldn'ta done it in C++.  Wouldn't it be easy to slap
together a Perl script to scan incoming mail?  Oh sure, now I think I've
volunteered myself.

> The reason I wouldn't want to do it myself forever is that I do not own
> the machine on which I take my mail; besides which it's nice to have a
> separate mail account for the bot--an option I don't have. 
> 
> --Mohammed
> 
I don't know that we need a seperate addy.  We did OK with sending to
Wayne's acct with just an altered subj line.  I can probaably get a seperate
account on this machine with an interesting name.  But there's no way I'm
going to get root access (which would make this easier, but probably isn't
necessary)  IOW, I guess I could do it, but I'd really rather someone else
did.

Besides, they'd use it as another excuse to make me shrink the size of the
MOO database.

IB
- --
IdiotBoy, as always, dumber than a box of hammers.
[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 20:28:04 -0600 (CST)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 312 (Guy Fawkes)

I accept.  (It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it.)

Guy Fawkes
judicial masochist

> Clerk of the Courts
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Call For Judgement 312
>   Subject: Tower
> Initiator: snowgod
>     Judge: Bascule (declined to judge)
> 2nd Judge: Guy Fawkes (selected Oct 27, 1996, 18:11h EDT)
> Judgement:

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 22:15:58 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 312 Verdict

CFJ 312 has been judged FALSE.

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 312
  Subject: Tower
Initiator: snowgod
    Judge: Bascule (declined to judge)
2nd Judge: Guy Fawkes (selected Oct 27, 1996, 18:11h EDT)
Judgement: FALSE

Statement:

snowgod's plan to build the Tower of Bandwidth was approved by the senate.

snowgod's Reasoning:

[none - CotC]

2nd Judge's Reasoning:

Rule 841, which govers towers states in part, "A player is said to be
permitted to build (or extend) a Public Tower provided they submit a plan
to the Senate, and the Senate votes approval of that plan within 3 days
of its submission."

>From this, one can infer that the Senate approves a plan to build aPublic Tower if they vote approval of that plan within 3 days of its
submission.

I don't know the exact date when the Tower of Bandwidth plan was
submitted, but I do know that it was more than three days ago, since it
has been at least three days since this CFJ was made public, which was
after the Tower's plan being submitted.  During that time, the public
forum has heard nothing from the Senate regarding the approval or
disapproval of the Tower of Bandwidth plan.  I see know way in which
this absence of communication constitutes approval.  Applying the spirit of
public knowability, it seems that whatever the Senate's decision (if
any) was, it did not occur (has not yet occurred?) within the three days
imposed by R 841, and therefore cannot constitute the approval required
by that rule.

Note that while the rules state how the Senate is to vote, they are
silent as to when the results of that voting are to take effect, which is
why is feel justified in invoking the spirit of the game and the
"publically knowable" criteria.

Also note that Rule 841 does not require the Senate to vote at all on the
submitted plan -- it merely requires their approval _if_ the plan is to be
implemented.  It leaves open the possibility of their killing the plan
simply by not responding for three days, which it what I feel has happened
here.

Thus, I judge FALSE.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 00:38:27 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Trinkets and Treasure

I am keeping a web page of all announced Trinkets and Treasures.  If
the Web-Harfer wants to do so instead, he is more than welcome, I am
trying to share work, not usurp authority :).  I am also going to
track Trinkets on the Speaker page and link them back to the the
Trinkets page.  If you wish to create Trinkets, and gifs for those
Trinkets, let me know, the guideline is max 54x54 on gifs with a 
transparent background.  No copyrighted material.  In any case, if
the Web-Harfer could add the following links:

Trinkets: http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackata.htm
Treasure: http://www.itw.com/~malenkai/ackabta.htm
 
In accordance with R 1348.1 I am transforming some of my A$ into the
following Trinkets:
- --------------------------------------------------------------------

Crystal Grapefruit (value A$78):

The Crystal Grapefruit is the same shape and size as the Right-Handed 
Grapefruit, except that it is made of pure crystal.  It is very fragile,
it will break if dropped.  Ancient lore has it that the true shape of
the earth can be seen by gazing into it.

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade Key of Yara (value A$23):

The Jade Key of Yara is older than the earth itself.  It is said that
the ancients brought it with them from where ever they came, and that it
opens the lock to some great Treasure.  It is the oldest known artifact
on Acka (even older than the lock it opens).

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Onyx Lion (value A$92):

The Onyx Lion is a finely crafted statue of a Lion, recently found in
the secret catacombs of Malenkai's castle.  It is said that it speaks
the same arcane language that Phoebe does, but its origin is unknown.

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fine Wooden Chest (value A$171):
 
The Fine Wooden Chest is a chest that is made of wood and is fine.
It has a jade lock, gold trim on the corners, and iron banding for
support.  It has finely engraved runes all over it, but they are 
difficult to read due to a thick layer of dust that has accumulated
on the chest over the centuries.

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
In accordance with R 1348.2, I am burying the following Treasure, and
revealing portions of Treasure Maps as below:
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Treasure 101.

I am creating a Treasure that consists of the Crystal Grapefruit, and
burying it.  I am revealing the following clues and/or portion of the
Treasure Map:

The Crystal Grapefruit shall be found by the first player to win 3
different sub-games.  For the purposes of this map, a sub game is 
defined as any of the following: Party Chess, Grab-a-Donkey, any game
on the Games & Contest page (except that for an instance of a Games &
Contest Page game to count, that instance must have had 3 or more
players).

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treasure 102.

I am creating a Treasure that consists of the Onyx Lion, and burying it.
I am revealing the following clues and/or portion of the Treasure Map:

The Onyx Lion shall be found by the first player to have a proposal
accepted (and that Malenkai voted YES for) that defines another way
to win a Game or Cycle of Acka.

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treasure 103.

I am creating a Treasure that consists of the Jade Key of Yara, and
burying it.  I am revealing the following clues and/or portion of the
Treasure Map:

[this space intentionally left blank]

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I get more time, I shall provide more creative treasure hunts.  Of
course, the map to the Key of Yara will be revealed over time.

BTW, I am discontinuing the Harfy Bounty.

Malenkai

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #316
*******************************