Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #306
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Monday, October 21 1996       Volume 01 : Number 306

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 01:58:37 -0900
From: Acting Tabulator <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Tabulating Blurb 

Ackanomians,

Here are the results of my first attempts at tabulating.  They are bound to
include some errors, so please bear with me.  You may wish to examine the
results carefully...  Also, on a couple of proposals, a couple of players
abstained from voting, even though they had otherwise voted.  I double
checked my records, and this is not an error.  Perhaps, until I get a bot
set up, I will send reciepts on votes...

One more thing... My computer crashed about 5 times while tabulating - This
is the sixth attempt, so I am getting a little frustrated, and possibly
careless.

snowgod
tabulating.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 02:18:08 -0900
From: Acting Tabulator <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: P1327 Passes 

Here are the voting results for : 1327

   Proposal 1327 - Sun Oct 13 20:41:49 EDT 1996
   Proper Care and Handling of the Chartreuse Goose
   Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)

Quorum met : 16 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

10 YES votes   2 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Guy Fawkes gains 10 points and is Silly.                 133 -> 143

10 YES votes:
  Guy Fawkes                      (None Yet)           =  143
  mr cwm                          (None Yet)           =  73
  snowgod                         (None Yet)           =  60
  (None Yet) Unity Vote
  Thinman                         Vulcan               =  50
  /dev/joe                        Vulcan               =  71
  breadbox                                             =  -1
  Brinjal                                              =  57
  Malenkai                FUN                          =  192
  Tammany (Malenkai A$5)

2 NO votes:  3 points each
  Niccolo Flychuck               Vulcan               80 -> 83
  Mohammed                                            20 -> 23

1 PRESENT votes:
  IdiotBoy

5 ABSTENTIONS:
  Basucle                FUN
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN
  Robert Sevin
  fnord
  Habeous Corpus

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon
  Pascal

   Proposal 1327 - Sun Oct 13 20:41:49 EDT 1996
   Proper Care and Handling of the Chartreuse Goose
   Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)
   Decision: Accepted

     Insert the following between the existing second and third
     paragraphs of Rule 1243:

     The player possessing the Chartreuse Goose is responsible for
     feeding it. At such time that officers' salaries are paid, 4 A$
     shall be deducted from the account of the player then possessing the
     Chartreuse Goose, if such a player exists. He may post a public
     message describing exactly what he has fed the Goose. Otherwise, it
     shall be assumed that the Goose has eaten grass, much like cows eat
     grass. If this payment would force a player to go into debt, the 4
     A$ is not paid, but instead the Goose becomes grumpy and bites its
     owner, inflicting a 2-point penalty.

     If he has paid for the Goose's food or been bitten since the last
     time he has treated the Goose to a luxury, the Goose-holder may post
     that he is spending an additional 12 A$ to treat the Goose to some
     luxury (feather preening, an extra-large meal, a trip to the movies,
     etc.). If he does so, the Goose has a 5% chance of taking pity on
     its owner and flying Somewhere Else. Whether or not the goose flies
     away is determined by the officer in charge of random things.

     {{Guy Fawkes loses two points and Malenkai receives two points as
     partial compensation for the loss of his unpublished idea and his
     subsequent assistance with this proposal.}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 02:19:06 -0900
From: Acting Tabulator <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: P1328 Fails 

Here are the voting results for : 1328

   Proposal 1328 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:02 EDT 1996
   Encouraging New Games
   Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)

Quorum met : 16 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

     6 YES votes   4 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Guy Fawkes loses 7 points                                  143 -> 136

 6 YES votes:  3 points each
  Guy Fawkes                   (None Yet)                  136 -> 139
  Niccolo Flychuck             Vulcan                       83 -> 86

  /dev/joe                     Vulcan                       71 -> 74

  Brinjal                                                   57 -> 60
  snowgod                      (None Yet)                   60 -> 63
  Malenkai                     FUN                         192 -> 195

4 NO votes:  3 points each
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            = 73
  Mohammed                                     = 23
  ThinMan                Vulcan                = 50
  breadbox                                     = -1

1 PRESENT vote:
  IdiotBoy

5 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN
  Robert Sevin
  fnord
  Habeous Corpus

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon
  Pascal

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 02:19:47 -0900
From: Acting Tabulator <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: P1329 Passes 

Here are the voting results for : 1329

   Proposal 1329 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:20 EDT 1996
   Church Sanctuary
   Calvin N Hobbes (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 16 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

7 YES votes   3 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Calvin N Hobbes gains 10 points.                           7 -> 17

7 YES votes:
  Guy Fawkes                    (None Yet)                 =  139
  mr cwm                        (None Yet)                 =  73
  snowgod                       (None Yet)                 =  63
  (None Yet) Unity Vote
  Niccolo Flychuck              Vulcan                     =  86
  Brinjal                                                  =  60
  Malenkai                      FUN                        =  195

3 NO votes:  3 points each

  Mohammed                                     23 -> 26
  Thinman                Vulcan                50 -> 53
  /dev/joe               Vulcan                74 -> 77
  breadbox

2 PRESENT votes:
  IdiotBoy
  breadbox

5 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN
  Robert Sevin
  fnord
  Habeous Corpus

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon
  Pascal

   Proposal 1329 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:20 EDT 1996
   Church Sanctuary
   Calvin N Hobbes (Thierry Joffrain)
   Decision: Accepted

     If a player is declared a Heretic or otherwise threatened to be
     burned, then any priest can grant the player a "Sanctuary Of
     Salvation", even if the priest is the player herself, by making a
     public statement to that effect.

     That player is said to have taken refuge in solemn meditation and
     may not send any public messages for 27 hours. Any witchhunt against
     the player is canceled.

     If the player breaks her vows of silence, then the SOS is annulled
     and all proceedings (as Heretic) against the player can resume.

     If the player is not a member of the church that gave her sanctuary,
     and did stay silent for 27 hours, then she must pay A$11 to the
     priest of that church.

     Title: Telepathy, Telekinesis and Side Effects.

     When a player's score is a prime number, her amount of A$ is a prime
     number and the number of proposals she has had passed is a prime
     number, all simultaneously, then her stars are said to be aligned.

     Any player that is put in the Ackanomic Afterlife when her stars are
     aligned will gain the ability to use telepathy. If this is not the
     first occurrence of this, and the previous time was at least one
     month or more before, then the player also gains the use of
     Telekinesis.

     A player with telepathy may send public and private messages even if
     other rules (unless immutable) prohibit her from doing so and it is
     not considered normal communication - she accesses minds directly. A
     player with telekinesis may vote even when prohibited to do so even
     by other rules (unless immutable) - as she is said to be able to
     manipulate her (and only her) vote counter.

     Any player may make as many use of these powers as she wants, so
     long as she still has them. However, if either of these actions are
     made, and the player had used one less than 17 days (408 hours)
     earlier, then that player is captured and taken into captivity by
     the W-File Pair.

     The W-File Pair is a team of two agents, Mold and Scold. They will
     inject the player with an alien sedative which will remove the
     player's power that was last used. Also, they will question the
     player about "alien colonization" for 48 hours, during which time
     the player can take no action which would be prohibited if the
     player was in Goal. However, the player is not actually in the Goal.
     After the 48 hours, the player is freed.

     Telepathy, telekinesis are protected actions. The W-File Pair is a
     protected entity.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 02:20:25 -0900
From: Acting Tabulator <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: P1330 Passes 

Here are the voting results for : 1330

   Proposal 1330 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:41 EDT 1996
   This Proposal does not deserve a title
   Malenkai (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 16 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

13 YES votes   0 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 5 Modest points.                           195 -> 200

13 YES votes:
  Guy Fawkes                          (None Yet)           =  139
  mr cwm                              (None Yet)           =  73
  snowgod                             (None Yet)           =  63
  (None Yet) Unity Vote
  Niccolo Flychuck                    Vulcan               =  86
  Brinjal                                                  =  60
  Malenkai                            FUN                  =  200
  Mohammed                                                 =  26
  Thinman                             Vulcan               =  53
  /dev/joe                            Vulcan               =  77
  breadbox                                                 =  -1
  Habeous Corpus                                           =  149
  Vulcan Unity Vote

0 NO votes

1 PRESENT votes:
  IdiotBoy

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN
  Robert Sevin
  fnord

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon
  Pascal

   Proposal 1330 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:41 EDT 1996
   This Proposal does not deserve a title
   Malenkai (Randy Hall)
   Decision: Accepted

     This is a Modest proposal.

     Amend R 726 to replace the last 4 paragraphs with:

     Whenever a party's Swinger or Acting Swinger is on vacation, that
     party shall appoint another one of its members Acting Swinger.
     Whenever the NAP Swinger or NAP Acting Swinger is on vacation, the
     Speaker shall appoint a non-aligned player Acting Swinger.

     If, however, all the members of a party are on vacation then no
     acting swinger is appointed for that party. If all non-aligned
     players are on vacation then no acting NAP Swinger is appointed.

     If a Swinger's Office remains vacant for more than 6 days then the
     Office is declared a Warm Office, until it is no longer vacant.

     --------------------------------------------------------------------
     -----

     Amend R 457 to replace all occurances of:

     "some other assignment of these duties"

     with:

     "some other assignment (including possible non-assignment) of these
     duties"

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 02:21:13 -0900
From: Acting Tabulator <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: P1331 Passes 

Here are the voting results for : 1331

   Proposal 1331 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:59 EDT 1996
   Cheers!
   Bascule (Matt Black)

Quorum met : 16 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

13 YES votes   0 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Bascule gains 5 Modest points.                           49 -> 54

13 YES votes:
  Guy Fawkes                    (None Yet)               =  139
  mr cwm                        (None Yet)               =  73
  snowgod                       (None Yet)               =  63
  (None Yet) Unity Vote
  Niccolo Flychuck              Vulcan                   =  86
  Brinjal                                                =  60
  Malenkai                      FUN                      =  200
  Mohammed                                               =  26
  Thinman                       Vulcan                   =  53
  /dev/joe                      Vulcan                   =  77
  breadbox                                               =  -1
  Habeous Corpus                                         =  149
  Vulcan Unity Vote

0 NO votes

1 PRESENT votes:
  IdiotBoy

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN
  Robert Sevin
  fnord

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon
  Pascal

   Proposal 1331 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:59 EDT 1996
   Cheers!
   Bascule (Matt Black)
   Decision: Accepted

     This is a modest proposal.

     {{ [The Frobozz Magic Medal Company, Ackanomic Division, has been
     commissioned by the players of Ackanomic to create a special limited
     edition badge for service above and beyond the call of duty as a
     player, the Badge of Many Thanks.] All players who do not hold a
     functional office are billed A$10. All players who hold a functional
     office recieve a Badge of Many Thanks. Players who own a Badge of
     Many Thanks are encouraged to wear them at public ceremonies. }}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 02:21:45 -0900
From: Acting Tabulator <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: P1333 Passes 

Here are the voting results for : 1333

   Proposal 1333 - Sun Oct 13 20:43:58 EDT 1996
   Cat-eat-Cat
   Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 16 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

10 YES votes   0 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Niccolo Flychuck gains 5 Modest points.        86 -> 91

10 YES votes:
  Guy Fawkes                     (None Yet)           =  139
  mr cwm                         (None Yet)           =  73
  snowgod                        (None Yet)           =  63
  (None Yet) Unity Vote
  Niccolo Flychuck               Vulcan               =  91
  Brinjal                                             =  60
  Malenkai                       FUN                  =  200
  Mohammed                                            =  26
  /dev/joe               Vulcan                       =  77
  breadbox                                            =  -1
  Habeous Corpus                                      =  149

0 NO votes

2 PRESENT votes:
  IdiotBoy
  Malenkai

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN
  Robert Sevin
  fnord

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon
  Pascal

   Proposal 1333 - Sun Oct 13 20:43:58 EDT 1996
   Cat-eat-Cat
   Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)
   Decision: Accepted

     This is a Modest proposal.

     A proposal to ammend R1085 in the following manner:
     The follwing text will be added to section 3, immediately following
     the first sentence of that section.
     "A CopyCat cannot Capture another CopyCat."

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 02:22:26 -0900
From: Acting Tabulator <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: P1334 Passes 

Here are the voting results for : 1334

   Proposal 1334 - Sun Oct 13 20:44:17 EDT 1996
   Enough, Already
   Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)

Quorum met : 16 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

11 YES votes   1 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Guy Fawkes gains 10 points.                   139 -> 149

11 YES votes:
  Guy Fawkes                      (None Yet)           =  139
  mr cwm                          (None Yet)           =  73
  snowgod                         (None Yet)           =  63
  (None Yet) Unity Vote
  Niccolo Flychuck                Vulcan               =  91
  Malenkai                        FUN                  =  200
  Mohammed                                             =  26
  /dev/joe                        Vulcan               =  77
  breadbox                                             =  -1
  Thinman                         Vulcan               =  53
  Vulcan Unity Vote

1 NO votes
  Habeous Corpus                              149 -> 152

2 PRESENT votes:
  IdiotBoy
  Brinjal

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN
  Robert Sevin
  fnord

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon
  Pascal

 Proposal 1334 - Sun Oct 13 20:44:17 EDT 1996
   Enough, Already
   Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)
   Decision: Accepted

     Insert the following between the existing 3rd and 4th paragraphs of
     R790.

     {{The Fat Lady, who has been singing continuously since June 5, is
     commended for her efforts and will now stop.}} The Fat Lady's
     singing will endure for exactly three hours, or until any player
     publicly posts an original limerick politely asking her to stop,
     whichever comes first.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 02:23:38 -0900
From: Acting Tabulator <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: P1335 Passes 

Here are the voting results for : 1335

   Proposal 1335 - Sun Oct 13 20:44:34 EDT 1996
   Codex of Kra
   Malenkai (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 16 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

11 YES votes   2 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.                   200 -> 210

11 YES votes:
  Guy Fawkes                     (None Yet)           =  139
  mr cwm                         (None Yet)           =  73
  snowgod                        (None Yet)           =  63
  (None Yet) Unity Vote
  Niccolo Flychuck               Vulcan               =  91
  Malenkai                       FUN                  =  200
  Habeous Corpus                                      =  152
  Mohammed                                            =  26
  Tammany (A$5 Malenkai)
  Brinjal                                             =  60
  Thinman                        Vulcan               =  53

2 NO votes
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               77 -> 80
  breadbox                                    -1 -> 2

1 PRESENT votes:
  IdiotBoy
  Brinjal

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN
  Robert Sevin
  fnord

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon
  Pascal

   Proposal 1335 - Sun Oct 13 20:44:34 EDT 1996
   Codex of Kra
   Malenkai (Randy Hall)
   Decision: Accepted

     The Codex of Kra has recently been unearthed outside the window of
     the Ackanomic House of Pancakes. It is an ancient tome in an arcane
     language, probably scribed by the Elder Ackanomians who created the
     Machine that goes *ping*. All that has been discovered about it
     initially is that it seems to describe the laws of Ackanomican
     physics, and the empirical observations and theory which led to the
     formulation of those laws.

     The optional office of AckaPhysicist exists. It is a privilege of
     the AckaPhysicist to translate the Codex of Kra, and report its
     contents to the people of Acka [maintaining, or arranging to
     maintain a web page of its contents would be ideal].

     Such translations shall describe the Acka world and universe
     (multiverse?) in terms of the Ackanomican physics, mathematics,
     observations, theory, experiments, etc, as discovered by the
     Ancients, as well as any additional conclusions the AckaPhysicist
     draws from his translations of the Codex.

     If any player believes a particular translation posted by the
     AckaPhysicist to be an obvious forgery, or otherwise doubts its
     accuracy, they may publically accuse the AckaPhysicist of being a
     quack, if they do so within three days of the translation being
     published. In this case, there will then be a three day voting
     period, during which players may send one vote each to Count Tabula
     saying either "the Ancients weren't that clueless", or "my own
     experiments have produced similar results". No quorum is required; a
     simple majority of votes challenging the translation's accuracy will
     prove that the AckaPhysicist is a quack in the case of this
     particular translation.

     If the AckaPhysicist is found to be a quack, he is fined A$25 for
     misleading the masses with bogus science, and the translation in
     question is stricken from the official records. If the translation
     is proven to be genuine, however, the accuser must publically
     apologize to the AckaPhysicist, and pay him A$25 compensation for
     the damage to his reputation.

     Upon the AckaPhysicist being found a quack for the third time in a
     single term, he is immediatly impeached from the office, and has 7
     days to write a piece on Elvis returning from the dead in an alien
     spaceship for one of Acka's newspapers, if any exist. If none exist,
     or he cannot get permission from the onwer of one to publish the
     piece, he must start his own in accordance with the rules for doing
     so, and publish the piece.

     Any results not foung bogus are added to the official publication of
     the Codex of Kra. Such writings become part of game custom where
     they do not contradict the Rules. Translations of the Codex of Kra
     hold legal sway only if, when, and where the rules indicate that
     they do.

     The Codex of Kra is unique and owned by no player, but it remains in
     the custody of the AckaPhysicist while he is translating it, with
     translated passages being available for view at the Library.

     {{
     If proposal 1326 was not accepted, amend this rule in the following
     ways:
     a) replace all above occurrances of the string "Count Tabula" with
     the string "the Assistant Tabulator".

     b) remove the first occurrance of the word "optional" from the
     second paragraph.
     }}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 02:40:49 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: AckaPhysicist

I believe that the recent Offices rewrite makes it my dutie, as president 
to announce nominations for the optional office of AckaPhysicist.  Of 
course I could be totally wrong :)  It may be the speakers job.

In any even, I looked through the rules, and couldn't find exactly what I 
was looking for, though I'm sure it's there.  I suppose that is what 
happens when you are tabulating at 2:45 in the morning and you have to be 
to work in 5 1/4 hours.

Oh well, such is life.  If someone can confirm that this is my duty, then 
feel free to send me your nominations.  If I am way off base (most 
likely) I'm sure someone will let me know :)

snowgod
tired

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 07:17:31 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1267

Proposal 1267 -- Mon 21 Oct 7:12 CDT 1996
Shortening the Shortness Bonus
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

Amend R 207 to replace the final occurrance of the number "5" in the
final paragraph with the number "2".

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 07:18:15 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1268

Proposal 1268 -- Mon 21 Oct 7:12 CDT 1996
No Magic Letter Hogs
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend R 1240 to replace the first occurrance in section VII of  

"any active player other than the Scholar"

with:

"any active player other than the Scholar or the most recent player
to ever name a Magic Letter"

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 07:19:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1369

Proposal 1369 -- Mon 21 Oct 7:14 CDT 1996
Otzma Cards
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Create a new rule entitled:
"Otzma Cards Rule Suite"

Which contains the following text:
"
[Otzma Cards are a set of entities that can be used to carry out game 
actions. They can be used only once. They can be perceived as Magic style 
cards for Ackanomic, or as Gadgets that can only be used once.]
"

[Otzma Cards Rules.]
{{[this is the suitable phrase]}}

- ---------------------------
Create a new rule member of Otzma Cards Rule Suite, entitled "Definition
of Otzma Cards", which contains the following text:
"

I.
1. Otzma Cards are Protected
2. Otzma Cards can be created only according to the rules.

II.
1. At any given time the number of Otzma Cards in existence may not 
exceed 100

2. Any single player may not own more than six Otzma Cards simultaneously.

3. Otzma Cards are tradable.

4. If a player already owns the maximum number of Otzma Cards and 
receives or acquires an additional Otzma Card, e must destroy, as soon as 
possible, either the new Otzma Card, or one of eir existing Otzma Cards. 

5. If a player receives or acquires an Otzma Card, that cannot be owned 
by that player simultaneously with other cards owned by that player, then 
the player must destroy as soon as possible one or more Otzma Cards, until 
the Otzma Cards e owns meet all the restrictions placed on Otzma Cards.

6. In either of the cases described inthe above subsection 4,5. The 
Player cannot use any Otzma Cards until the Otzma Cards e owns meet all 
the restrictions laid down by the rules. 

III.
1. The RuneMaker can only create Otzma Cards on Otzma-Days. Other
methods  for creating Otzma Cards may be defined by other rules, as long
as the  maximum number of Cards created in any period of 7 consecutive
days is 14.

2. The following entities have the authority to 
declare an Otzma-Day:
the President, the RuneMaker, any Institution.
a proposal which has been accepted according to the rules can also declare
an Otzma Day

3. Otzma-Days must be declared at least three-days in advance, unless it 
has been declared by a proposal. An Otzma-Day 
last for three days or until the RuneMaker has declared the end of 
Otzma-Day, whichever comes first. Once an Otzma-Day is over, at least 10 
days must pass before the next Otzma-Day can start.

4. When an Otzma-Day starts the RuneMaker determines values of the
following:
a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since the previous Otzma-Day.
On the first Otzma Day, the LSAP is calculated from the begining
of the game of  Ackanomic.
b. MaxCard - the maximum number of cards allowed for given type of 
Otzma Card, for which a maximum is defined
c. LiveCard - the number of cards of a given type of Otzma Cards in existence
d. CrIndex - creation index of for a given of Otzma Card. CrIndex is 
defined as MaxCard-LiveCard. If MaxCard is not defined for a specific 
type of Otzma Card then CrIndex is defined as the average of all CrIndex 
of all the other Otzma Cards.
e. TCrIndex - The total of all CrIndex for Otzma Card types.
f. Other rules may dictate ways in which CrIndex may be increased or 
decreased subject to the following restrictions:
  (i)Such rules can only specify a method that increases or decreases a 
   CrIndex by an integer value. They do not specify an absolute CrIndex 
   value.
  (ii) Changes to CrIndex specified by other rules are calculated after 
      individual CrIndex values for all Otzma Card types have been calculated
      and before TCrIndex has been calculated.
  (iii) Changes specified by other rules have no effect on Otzma Card types
  for which a value of zero has been calculated by section III 4 d of 
  this rule.
  (iv)When more two or more rules change the same CrIndex, the changes 
  are applied on rule at a time, by order of the ordinal numbers of the 
  rules, the rule with the lowest ordinal number is applied first.
  (v) After all changes have been applied the following adjustments are
  made: Any negative CrIndex is changed to zero. An CrIndex which is 
 bigger than MaxCard for that type is changed to MaxCard. Any CrIndex for 
 types that have no MaxCard defined, is changed to the highest MaxCard

5. The maximum number of Otzma Cards that the RuneMaker may create on an 
Otzma-Day  is equal to the largest integer smaller to or greater than 
(LSAP-1)/2. If LSAP is equal to or greater than 10, then the RuneMaker 
must create at least 1 Otzma Card, provided that the number of Cards created 
does not bring the total number of Cards in existence over 100. If no 
Otzma Cards types are defined, or if the restriction on the types which 
are defined make it illegal to create Cards of that type, then the
RuneMaker does not create any Otzma Cards, instead e posts a message to the 
effect that it's too bad e can't create any Otzma Cards.

6. Creating Otzma Cards:
a. There are two method for creating Otzma Cards: Deterministic and
Probabilistic. The first Card created on an Otzma day may be created 
using either the Probabilistic or Deterministic method . Any Other Card
Created by the RuneMaker on an Otzma-Day must be created using the
Probablistic method. If all cards are created using the Probabalistic
method, then e receives 9 probability points. Each Probaility point can be
used by the RuneMaker to increas or decrease CrIndex of any Otzma Card type, 
as long as decreasing a CrIndex doesn't bring it down to zero. The
RuneMaker must publically anounce the method used to create the
Otzma-Cards. The RuneMaker does not have to use all 9 probability
points,if they are used, then TCrIndex must be updated accordingly.

 b. The Deterministic method - The RuneMaker selects an Otzma-Card type
    among the legal Otzma Card types and creates it.

 c. The Probabilistic method - 
 The RuneMaker determines the type of the new Otzma Card by randomly 
selecting a type among the legal Otzma Card types. The probability for a 
given type is equal to  the CrIndex for that type divided by TCrIndex. If 
more than one Otzma Card is created by the RuneMaker, then after each Card 
is created, the CrIndex for that type is decremented by one and the 
TCrIndex is decremented by one.

d. The RuneMaker gives each card a unique Otzma Card ID (OCID). The OCID
is the smallest integer which larger than the OCID of the previous Otzma 
Card created. Each Otzma Card retains its OCID for the entire duration of 
its existence.
The OCID of the first Otzma Card created is 101.

c. At the end of the Otzma-Day the RuneMaker anounces publically the 
following information about each Otzma Card created that 
day: OCID, Otzma Card type.
 He also anounces the begining of an Auction for each Otzma Card. The
Auction is conducted according to R1023 "Auction", except that on those
cases that the Inventor would have been the Acutioneer, the RuneMaker
replaces the Inventor as Auctioneer. This section takes precedence over
the R1023 "Auction". 

IV. Otzma Card Types.
1. Otzma Card types may be defined by other rules which explicitly claim 
that they are defining Otzma Card Types, and belong to the Otzma Card 
Rule Suite.  This rule takes precedence over any rule which defines an 
Otzma Card type 

V.
1. Otzma Cards may only be used according to the rules.

2. Each Otzma Card can only be used once. Once it has been used, it is 
destroyed. 

3. A Player uses an Otzma Card by notifying the appropriate Officer that e 
is using an Otzma Card, and which Card e is using, depending on the type 
of Card. If the Otzma Card definition does not define a specific 
Officer, context, or forum in which the Card can be used, then its use 
must be anounced in the public forum. In any case, the use of Otzma Cards 
must be reported to the RuneMaker.

4. All transaction involving Otzma Cards must be reported to the
RuneMaker.

5. When a player uses an Otzma Card on a proposal, and the proposal is 
retracted, the Otzma Card is destroyed.

6. The results of using an Otzma Card are published by the appropriate 
Officer, along with the name of the Player who used the Card, and the 
manner of its use. 

7. The RuneMaker keeps tracks of all transactions and uses involving Otzma 
Cards, and of all Otzma Cards in existence.

8. A Player can only an Otzma Card that e owns.

9. A player may use at most one Otzma Card per proposal.

10. When a player has used an Otzma Card in a public forum, e may not 
another Otzma Card in a public forum for three days. This section has no 
effect on Otzma Cards used on proposals.
" 

- ----------------------

Proposal to create a new rule entitled "Otzma Card Type Go Fish", which is
a member of Rule Suite Otzma Cards, and contains the following text:
"
1. This rule defines an Otzma Card type called 'Go Fish'
2. An Otzma Card of type 'Go Fish' can be used in the following ways:
  a. In a public forum it can be used to nullify an action or an effect
caused by another Otzma Card, provided that the Go Fish Card is played no
more than three days after the Card it attempts to nullify has been
played. The player who plays the Go Fish Card plays the Card by anouncing
that e is playing it, and which Card it is being used on. The anouncement
must non-ambigous. 
  b. A Go Fish Card can only be used on another Go Fish card, if the Go
Fish card it his used on was not used on another Go Fish card.
  c. When used on proposals. A player can use a Go Fish card on a proposal
     by sending a message to that effect to the tabulator. When a Go Fish
	Card is used on a proposal, all other Cards used on that proposal
	have no effect, but they are destroyed anyway. If more than one
	Go Fish Card is used on a proposal, then the effect is the 
	same as if one Go Fish Card has been used on a proposal.
	When a Go Fish Card has been used on a proposal, the date
	of the end of the Voting on that Proposal is considered to the
	date it has been used.
3. This rule takes precedence over all the rules in the Otzma Card Rule
Suite.

{{[This has nothing to do with the time limits between cards. If someone
has one such Card, and uses it on a proposal, this fact is only publically
known when the votes are released. This allows proper tracking of the use
of Cards. If anyone likes, I can draw out the scenarios that would get
complicated if this were not so]}}

{{[For now I am only proposing this Card, which I believe to be very
important. Other Exmples of Cards I already RFCd, I will start proposing
some after this rule is accepted.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 07:20:21 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 1370

Proposal 1370 -- Mon 21 Oct 7:14 CDT 1996
Creation of a PartyChessPiece Archer
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

A proposal to create a rule entitld "Creaion of a PartyChessPiece Archer",
which is a member of the PartyChess Rule Suite, and contains the following
text:
"

1. An Archer is represented by the ASCII Character "A"
2. The Archers move is made up of two parts:
   In the first part the Archer moves either vertically or horizontally a
   distance of d1 squares, where d1 is either 1,2,3 or 4. 
   In the second part the Archer moves a distance of 4-d1 in a direction
   perpendicular to the direction he moved in the first part (in the
   second part the distance can be 0)
3. An Archer capture from a distance. An Archer can capture any opposing
   piece that occupies a square at a maximum distance of 4, either
   vertically or horizontally, or a at a maximum distance of 3 diagonally,
   provided that all the squares between the Archer and the captured piece
   are unoccupied.
   The Archer does not replace the captured piece, but remains on the
   same square it occupied when the turn started. An Archer cannot capture
   using the move decribed in section 2 of this rule.
4. An Archer has a material value of 7

"

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 07:22:29 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: promotion errata

I think it's evident that the recently distibted 1267 and 1268 should be 
1367 and 1368.  Yes, and I will still be writing 1996 on papers until 
about March or so.

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 07:25:36 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *ping*

Today is Monday, the 21st day of October, in the Year of Our Lord 
1996, and the Machine That Goes *ping* Has Gone *ping* today.  Since I 
have been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 3 times.

Guy Fawkes
Scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 08:47:52 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: AckaPhysicist

Phillip R. Ackley wrote:
> 
> I believe that the recent Offices rewrite makes it my dutie, as president
> to announce nominations for the optional office of AckaPhysicist.  Of
> course I could be totally wrong :)  It may be the speakers job.

Its the speaker's job.  I will take nominations for 3 days for the
office of AckaPhysicist.

Malenkai
speaker

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 08:49:38 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: R 362

PapaSmurph failed to respond to an R 362 message for 2 day.  He
should be removed from the game by the appropriate officers.

Malenkai
speaker

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 08:40:05 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Harf Bounty

Malenkai wrote:

>I have no time to look into this, whether a blanket thing like the Harfy
>Bounty could be acked like this, perhaps the Financier, (who obviously
>has mountains of time on his hands :)) can look into it.  My gut is no,
>I must give it each time.

I have accepted as valid IdiotBoy's bond quotations,
which are similar.  IdiotBoy did specify that he
intended that those quotes be valid trade offers
with anyone.  I would like to take this opportunity
to support Mohammed's "Creatures and Lackeys"
idea (still in RFC at this point).  Creatures and
Lackeys would take care of the whole problem.

ThinMan
Financier

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 09:16:25 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: P1333 Passes

snowgod:
>
>Here are the voting results for : 1333
>
>10 YES votes:
>  Guy Fawkes                     (None Yet)           =  139
>  mr cwm                         (None Yet)           =  73
>  snowgod                        (None Yet)           =  63
>  (None Yet) Unity Vote
>  Niccolo Flychuck               Vulcan               =  91
>  Brinjal                                             =  60
>  Malenkai                       FUN                  =  200
>  Mohammed                                            =  26
>  /dev/joe               Vulcan                       =  77
>  breadbox                                            =  -1
>  Habeous Corpus                                      =  149
>
>0 NO votes
>
>2 PRESENT votes:
>  IdiotBoy
>  Malenkai
>
>4 ABSTENTIONS:
>  Bascule                FUN
>  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN
>  Robert Sevin
>  fnord
>
>
>Players on Vacation who did not vote:
>  fon
>  Pascal

I note that I am not listed on these results at all.  My vote
(I'm pretty sure I made one) is not listed, and I am not
listed as abstaining or being on vacation.  This does not
appear to have been a problem with the other proposals.

ThinMan

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #306
*******************************