Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #292
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Sunday, October 13 1996       Volume 01 : Number 292

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 13:02:26 -0400
From: this is not a name <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Leaving

I'm afraid I don't have enough time to be active in Ackanomic at the 
moment. I'm going to leave the game, but I hope to come back in the 
future. I've really enjoyed knowing and working with all of you. Please 
remember to have fun. And don't forget that the earth is flat.

this is no longer a name

- --      Mike Epstein            "The scientific approach to the 
    [email-masked]         examination of phenomena is a defence
   [email-masked]        against the pure emotion of fear."
http://www.bozosoft.com/mike/                           --Tom Stoppard

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 13:11:26 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Leaving

this is not a name wrote:
 
> I'm afraid I don't have enough time to be active in Ackanomic at the
> moment. I'm going to leave the game, but I hope to come back in the
> future. I've really enjoyed knowing and working with all of you. Please
> remember to have fun. And don't forget that the earth is flat.

Ackanomic will not be the same without tinan.  Hopefully he will come
back soon.

Volunteers are being taken for the following offices.

GamesMaster

Senator (seat Sinecure 33)
Historian
Appointer (note that there is a proposal to eliminate this office in the Q)

Malenkai
Acting Appointer
Speaker

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 13:39:12 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Games and Contests

Submissions for the games and contests page are being
taken.

Malenkai
Acting GamesMaster

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 13:57:00 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: G & C 101

The following has been (re)submitted for Games and Contests.  It
was eliminated as a side effect of the R 1206 rewrite.  In needs 4
other public endorsements, after mine (I endorse it).

Malenkai
Acting GamesMaster
- -----------------------------------------------------------------

G&C proposal 101
Habeus Corpus

 New General Equipment for Games and Contests

The Ackanomic Magic Dice (AMD)

The Ackanomic Magic Dice will roll 1 to 1000 multi-sided die up to 1000
rolls per request.  Sides may be from 2-1000 sides.

The AMD will display results automatically to the mail list,  or to as
amny as ten private addresses.

To use the AMD,  a Player sends an e-mai message to "[email-masked]"
omitting the quotation marks.  In the body of the message,  use the
following format:

#P <mail address of Player or maillist>  [up to 10 #P lines allowed]
#S <number of sides on all die>  [up to 1000 sides allowed]
#D <number of dice in every roll>  [up to 1000 dice allowed]
#R <number of rolls>  [up to 1000 total rolls]
#L <number of rolls per line in output>  [up to 20 rolls per line]
#C <comments>  [up to 100 #C lines allowed]
#T <subject line of returned mail>

Complete instructions and examples of use may be found at the Dice Server
Web site:  http://www.pbm.com/dice/

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 13:10:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Forheads

> If you are asking how a round world would explain the observable
> universe, then I would have to refer you to an ancient text, stored
> in the very dusty underground of our Librairy. No one goes there
> much these days, save for a few heretics. The book is called
> "Galaxia Astronomica" and can be found in the archives room, shelf
> Gaa-Gak, row 42, shelf 4. The books there are very fragile.

Actually, you won't find it there any more. I stumbled across it by
accident when I was at the library during the previous cycle. After
flipping through the pages for a few minutes (very gently, of course,
as they are very fragile), I became scared that someone might come by
and see me, so I put it away. However, I did take the time to put it
back on the correct shelf: Gal-Gay.

b

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 13:26:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G & C 101

I have made use of the G&C dice server and hereby endorse it.
(After Malenkai, that leaves three more.)

b

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 21:26:33 +0000
From: Bascule <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G & C 101

> I have made use of the G&C dice server and hereby endorse it.
> (After Malenkai, that leaves three more.)
> 
> b
 
I endorse it also

Leaves 2

Bascule

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 12:51:39 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G & C 101

I too have used the Dice Server and endorse it

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Brian Raiter wrote:

> I have made use of the G&C dice server and hereby endorse it.
> (After Malenkai, that leaves three more.)
> 
> b
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 13:03:46 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Hall of Elders

I am hereby nominating the late this is not a name tobe enshrined in the 
Hall of Elders.  He has servewd ackanomic bravely, leading the charge 
against evil heretics.  He has brought us such wonderful things as the 
Little Lamb and Hotels.  His very name was the inspiration for one 
Ackanomic's oldest surviving political party - (None Yet).

this is not a name has served us as appointer, as senator, and 
historian.  He ran twice, but was never elected to the presidency.

this is not a name brought fun to ackanomic, and I am proud to sponser 
him for enshrinement in the Hall of Elders.

Long live elder tinan!

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 00:08:21 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G & C 101

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Bascule wrote:

> > I have made use of the G&C dice server and hereby endorse it.
> > (After Malenkai, that leaves three more.)
> > 
> > b
> 
> I endorse it also
> 
> Leaves 2
> 
> Bascule
> 
> 
>
I endorse it as well.

Niccolo Flychuck

...and then there was one.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 18:19:46 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Hall of Elders

Phillip R. Ackley wrote:

> this is not a name brought fun to ackanomic, and I am proud to sponser
> him for enshrinement in the Hall of Elders.
> 
> Long live elder tinan!

I second this nomination.  That makes 2. 

The nomination period lasts for three days, and tinan is confirmed if
more than half of the active players support the nomination by
public post.

The Hall of Elders is governed by R 1099:

http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/rule1000.html#R1099

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 18:21:21 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: G & C 101

> G&C proposal 101
> Habeus Corpus

G&C 101 has been accepted.

Malenkai
Acting GamesMaster

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 18:05:17 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Hall of Elders

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> I second this nomination.  That makes 2. 
> 
> The nomination period lasts for three days, and tinan is confirmed if
> more than half of the active players support the nomination by
> public post.

You now have 3.

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 00:29:19 +0000
From: Bascule <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Hall of Elders

tinan nomination
> 
> On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Malenkai wrote:
> 
> > I second this nomination.  That makes 2. 
> > 
> > The nomination period lasts for three days, and tinan is confirmed if
> > more than half of the active players support the nomination by
> > public post.
> 
> You now have 3.
> 
> Guy Fawkes

4

Bascule

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:41:49 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1327

Proposal 1327 - Sun Oct 13 20:41:49 EDT 1996
Proper Care and Handling of the Chartreuse Goose
Guy Fawkes  (Robert Shimmin)

Insert the following between the existing second and third paragraphs of 
Rule 1243:

The player possessing the Chartreuse Goose is responsible for feeding 
it.  At such time that  officers' salaries are paid, 4 A$ shall be deducted 
from the account of the player then possessing the Chartreuse Goose, if 
such a player exists.  He may post a public message describing exactly what 
he has fed the Goose.  Otherwise, it shall be assumed that the Goose has 
eaten grass, much like cows eat grass.  If this payment would force a player 
to go into debt, the 4 A$ is not paid, but instead the Goose becomes grumpy 
and bites its owner, inflicting a 2-point penalty.

If he has paid for the Goose's food or been bitten since the last time he 
has treated the Goose to a luxury, the Goose-holder may post that 
he is spending an additional 12 A$ to treat the Goose to some luxury 
(feather preening, an extra-large meal, a trip to the movies, etc.). If 
he does so, the Goose has a 5% chance of taking pity on its owner and flying 
Somewhere Else.  Whether or not the goose flies away is determined by the 
officer in charge of random things.

{{Guy Fawkes loses two points and Malenkai receives two points as partial 
compensation for the loss of his unpublished idea and his subsequent 
assistance with this proposal.}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:42:02 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1328

Proposal 1328 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:02 EDT 1996
Encouraging New Games
Guy Fawkes  (Robert Shimmin)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Rule 1206, Section 9e to read:

If at least 5 Active Players, or 10% of the Active Players, whichever is 
greater, endorse the description within 7 days, it is approved, and the 
player who submitted it receives 4 points; otherwise, it is rejected.  This 
sub-section defers precedence to sub-sections b and d.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:42:20 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1329

Proposal 1329 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:20 EDT 1996
Church Sanctuary
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

If a player is declared a Heretic or otherwise threatened to be burned, then
any priest can grant the player a "Sanctuary Of Salvation", even if the
priest is the player herself, by making a public statement to that effect.

That player is said to have taken refuge in solemn meditation and may not
send any public messages for 27 hours. Any witchhunt against the player is
canceled.

If the player breaks her vows of silence, then the SOS is annulled and all
proceedings (as Heretic) against the player can resume.

If the player is not a member of the church that gave her sanctuary, and did
stay silent for 27 hours, then she must pay A$11 to the priest of that church.

Title: Telepathy, Telekinesis and Side Effects.

When a player's score is a prime number, her amount of A$ is a prime number
and the number of proposals she has had passed is a prime number, all
simultaneously, then her stars are said to be aligned.

Any player that is put in the Ackanomic Afterlife when her stars are aligned
will gain the ability to use telepathy. If this is not the first occurrence
of this, and the previous time was at least one month or more before, then
the player also gains the use of Telekinesis.

A player with telepathy may send public and private messages even if other
rules (unless immutable) prohibit her from doing so and it is not considered
normal communication  - she accesses minds directly. A player with
telekinesis may vote even when prohibited to do so even by other rules
(unless immutable) - as she is said to be able to manipulate her (and only
her) vote counter.

Any player may make as many use of these powers as she wants, so long as she
still has them. However, if either of these actions are made, and the player
had used one less than 17 days (408 hours) earlier, then that player is
captured and taken into captivity by the W-File Pair.

The W-File Pair is a team of two agents, Mold and Scold. They will inject
the player with an alien sedative which will remove the player's power that
was last used. Also, they will question the player about "alien
colonization" for 48 hours, during which time the player can take no action
which would be prohibited if the player was in Goal. However, the player is
not actually in the Goal. After the 48 hours, the player is freed.

Telepathy, telekinesis are protected actions. The W-File Pair is a protected
entity.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:42:41 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1330

Proposal 1330 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:41 EDT 1996
This Proposal does not deserve a title
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend R 726 to replace the last 4 paragraphs with:

Whenever a party's Swinger or Acting Swinger is on vacation, that
party shall appoint another one of its members Acting Swinger.
Whenever the NAP Swinger or NAP Acting Swinger is on vacation, the
Speaker shall appoint a non-aligned player Acting Swinger.

If, however, all the members of a party are on vacation then no acting
swinger is appointed for that party.  If all non-aligned players are on
vacation then no acting NAP Swinger is appointed. 

If a Swinger's Office remains vacant for more than 6 days then the
Office is declared a Warm Office, until it is no longer vacant. 

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 457 to replace all occurances of:
 
"some other assignment of these duties"

with:

"some other assignment (including possible non-assignment) of these
duties"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:42:59 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1331

Proposal 1331 - Sun Oct 13 20:42:59 EDT 1996
Cheers!
Bascule  (Matt Black)

This is a modest proposal.

{{ [The Frobozz Magic Medal Company, Ackanomic Division, has been
commissioned by the players of Ackanomic to create a special limited
edition badge for service above and beyond the call of duty as a
player, the Badge of Many Thanks.] All players who do not hold a
functional office are billed A$10. All players who hold a functional
office recieve a Badge of Many Thanks. Players who own a Badge of
Many Thanks are encouraged to wear them at public ceremonies. }} 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:43:45 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1332

Proposal 1332 - Sun Oct 13 20:43:45 EDT 1996
Censorship
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Farenheit 451, a "novel" by Ray Bradburry, an extra-nomic author, has been
found to promote such intolerable behavior as censorship and book burning.

In order to discourage the citizens of Ackanomic from believing that
censorship should be condoned, no player will be allowed to read Farenheit
451, or any other work by Ray Bradburry.  Furthermore, mention of his name,
or the titles of any of his works, is strictly forbidden in any public
message  or official ackanomic document, including Rules and proposals.

This rule specifically does not apply to itself.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:43:58 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1333

Proposal 1333 - Sun Oct 13 20:43:58 EDT 1996
Cat-eat-Cat
Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

This is  a Modest proposal.

A proposal to ammend R1085 in the following manner:
The follwing text will be added to section 3, immediately following the
first sentence of that section.
"A CopyCat cannot Capture another CopyCat."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:44:17 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1334

Proposal 1334 - Sun Oct 13 20:44:17 EDT 1996
Enough, Already
Guy Fawkes  (Robert Shimmin)

Insert the following between the existing 3rd and 4th paragraphs of R790.

{{The Fat Lady, who has been singing continuously since June 5, is 
commended for her efforts and will now stop.}}  The Fat Lady's singing 
will endure for exactly three hours, or until any player publicly posts 
an original limerick politely asking her to stop, whichever comes first.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:44:34 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1335

Proposal 1335 - Sun Oct 13 20:44:34 EDT 1996
Codex of Kra
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

The Codex of Kra has recently been unearthed outside the window of
the Ackanomic House of Pancakes.  It is an ancient tome in an arcane
language, probably scribed by the Elder Ackanomians who created
the Machine that goes *ping*.  All that has been discovered about it
initially is that it seems to describe the laws of Ackanomican physics,
and the empirical observations and theory which led to the formulation
of those laws.
 
The optional office of AckaPhysicist exists.  It is a privilege of the
AckaPhysicist to translate the Codex of Kra, and report its contents
to the people of Acka [maintaining, or arranging to maintain a web page
of its contents would be ideal].

Such translations shall describe the Acka world and universe (multiverse?)
in terms of the Ackanomican physics, mathematics, observations,
theory, experiments, etc, as discovered by the Ancients, as well as any
additional conclusions the AckaPhysicist draws from his translations
of the Codex.

If any player believes a particular translation posted by the
AckaPhysicist to be an obvious forgery, or otherwise doubts its accuracy,
they may publically accuse the AckaPhysicist of being a quack, if they
do so within three days of the translation being published.  In this case,
there will then be a three day voting period, during which players may
send one vote each to Count Tabula saying either "the Ancients weren't
that clueless", or "my own experiments have produced similar results".
No quorum is required; a simple majority of votes challenging the
translation's accuracy will prove that the AckaPhysicist is a quack
in the case of this particular translation.

If the AckaPhysicist is found to be a quack, he is fined A$25 for
misleading the masses with bogus science, and the translation in
question is stricken from the official records.  If the translation is
proven to be genuine, however, the accuser must publically apologize
to the AckaPhysicist, and pay him A$25 compensation for the damage
to his reputation.

Upon the AckaPhysicist being found a quack for the third time in a
single term, he is immediatly impeached from the office, and has 7
days to write a piece on Elvis returning from the dead in an alien
spaceship for one of Acka's newspapers, if any exist.  If none exist,
or he cannot get permission from the onwer of one to publish the piece,
he must start his own in accordance with the rules for doing so, and 
publish the piece.

Any results not foung bogus are added to the official publication of
the Codex of Kra.  Such writings become part of game custom where they
do not contradict the Rules.  Translations of the Codex of Kra hold
legal sway only if, when, and where the rules indicate that they do.
  
The Codex of Kra is unique and owned by no player, but it remains in
the custody of the AckaPhysicist while he is translating it, with
translated passages being available for view at the Library.

{{
	If proposal 1326 was not accepted, amend this rule in the following
ways:
             a) replace all above occurrances of the string "Count
Tabula" with the string "the Assistant Tabulator".

             b) remove the first occurrance of the word "optional" from
the second paragraph.
}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:52:26 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka : Results 1293-1299

========================================================================
________________________________________________________________________

Here are the voting results for : 1293
  Proposal 1293 - Mon Sep 30 11:44:19 EDT 1996
  Easy Money
  ThinMan  (John Bollinger)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

8 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

ThinMan gains 10 points.  45 -> 55

8 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Techno                                      =  27               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               

4 NO votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai               FUN                   35 -> 38           
  Bascule                FUN                   24 -> 27           
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  Mohammed                                      0 -> 3            

0 PRESENT votes:

6 ABSTENTIONS:
  ThinMan                Vulcan               
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           
  fnord                                       
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
========================================================================
________________________________________________________________________

========================================================================
________________________________________________________________________

Here are the voting results for : 1294
  Proposal 1294 - Mon Sep 30 11:45:06 EDT 1996
  Democracy Yes, Republic Yes, Plutocracy No
  breadbox  (Brian Raiter)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

15 YES votes   2 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

breadbox gains 10 points.  18 -> 28

15 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  24               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Techno                                      =  27               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  breadbox                                    =  28               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

2 NO votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai               FUN                   35 -> 38           
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
========================================================================
________________________________________________________________________

Here are the voting results for : 1295
  Proposal 1295 - Mon Sep 30 14:40:09 EDT 1996
  Simplifying the scorekeeper's job somewhat
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

15 YES votes   1 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 10 points.  47 -> 57

15 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  24               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  50               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  57               
  Techno                                      =  27               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  breadbox                                    =  18               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

1 NO votes:  3 points each
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            47 -> 50           

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
========================================================================
________________________________________________________________________

Here are the voting results for : 1296
  Proposal 1296 - Mon Sep 30 14:53:51 EDT 1996
  Changing voting requirements from 2/3 to 60%
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

9 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

/dev/joe loses 7 points.  47 -> 40

9 YES votes:  3 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   35 -> 38           
  Bascule                FUN                   24 -> 27           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            60 -> 63           
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  /dev/joe               Vulcan                40 -> 43           
  Techno                                       27 -> 30           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            47 -> 50           
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            
  Mohammed                                      0 -> 3            

6 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  breadbox                                    =  18               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
========================================================================
________________________________________________________________________

Here are the voting results for : 1297
  Proposal 1297 - Tue Oct 01 22:55:51 EDT 1996
  No Name, No Game
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

16 YES votes   1 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  35 -> 45

16 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  45               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  24               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Techno                                      =  27               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  Tammany                                     =   0               
  breadbox                                    =  18               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

1 NO votes:  3 points each
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
=========================
The Tammany was bribed by Malenkai for A$5

========================================================================
________________________________________________________________________

Here are the voting results for : 1298
  Proposal 1298 - Tue Oct 01 22:56:25 EDT 1996
  Amending 970
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

12 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

snowgod gains 10 points.  60 -> 70

12 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  24               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  70               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  50               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Techno                                      =  27               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

3 NO votes:  3 points each
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan                40 -> 43           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            47 -> 50           
  breadbox                                     18 -> 21           

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
========================================================================
________________________________________________________________________

Here are the voting results for : 1299
  Proposal 1299 - Tue Oct 01 22:57:23 EDT 1996
  I'm too lazy to keep tracking this
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

16 YES votes   1 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  35 -> 45

16 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  45               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  24               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  50               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Techno                                      =  27               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  Tammany                                     =   0               
  breadbox                                    =  18               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

1 NO votes:  3 points each
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            24 -> 27           

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
================
Malenkai Bribed the Tammany in the amount of A$5

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Oct 96 20:55:43 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Results 1300-1309

_________________________________________________
=================================================

Here are the voting results for : 1300
  Proposal 1300 - Tue Oct 01 22:58:06 EDT 1996
  Petent Infringement III
  mr cwm  (Eric Murray)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

12 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

mr cwm gains 10 points.  24 -> 34

12 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  24               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  50               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Techno                                      =  27               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  breadbox                                    =  18               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  34               

4 NO votes:  3 points each
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            47 -> 50           
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            
  Uncle Sam                                    42 -> 45           
  Mohammed                                      0 -> 3            

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
_________________________________________________
=================================================

Here are the voting results for : 1302
  Proposal 1302 - Wed Oct 02 11:24:13 EDT 1996
  Duels
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

12 YES votes   2 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Niccolo Flychuck gains 10 points.  40 -> 50

12 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  50               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  50               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Techno                                      =  27               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               

2 NO votes:  3 points each
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            
  Mohammed                                      0 -> 3            

2 PRESENT votes:
  Bascule                FUN                   =  24
  breadbox                                     =  18

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
_________________________________________________
=================================================

Here are the voting results for : 1303
  Proposal 1303 - Wed Oct 02 11:24:29 EDT 1996
  Let Modesty Cut Both Ways
  breadbox  (Brian Raiter)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

9 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

breadbox loses 7 points.  18 -> 11

9 YES votes:  3 point each
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan                40 -> 43           
  Bascule                FUN                   24 -> 27           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            60 -> 63           
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  Techno                                       27 -> 30           
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            
  fnord                                        39 -> 42           
  breadbox                                     11 -> 14           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            24 -> 27           

6 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
_________________________________________________
=================================================

Here are the voting results for : 1304
  Proposal 1304 - Wed Oct 02 16:55:04 EDT 1996
  Party Unity again
  Habeous Corpus  (Ed Graham)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

9 YES votes   4 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Habeous Corpus gains 10 points.  50 -> 60

9 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  24               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  60               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Techno                                      =  27               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

4 NO votes:  3 points each
  ThinMan                Vulcan                45 -> 48           
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan                40 -> 43           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            60 -> 63           
  fnord                                        39 -> 42           

1 PRESENT votes:
  breadbox                                     =  18

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Uncle Sam                                   
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
_________________________________________________
=================================================

Here are the voting results for : 1305
  Proposal 1305 - Thu Oct 03 12:45:08 EDT 1996
   snowman Parade
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

8 YES votes   5 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 7 points.  60 -> 53

8 YES votes:  3 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   35 -> 38           
  Bascule                FUN                   24 -> 27           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            53 -> 56           
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  Techno                                       27 -> 30           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            47 -> 50           
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            24 -> 27           

5 NO votes:  
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

2 PRESENT votes:
  ThinMan                Vulcan                =  45
  breadbox                                     =  18

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
_________________________________________________
=================================================

Here are the voting results for : 1306
  Proposal 1306 - Thu Oct 03 12:46:08 EDT 1996
  If we don't need Gravity, we'd better have Pressure
  mr cwm  (Eric Murray)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

9 YES votes   5 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

mr cwm loses 7 points.  24 -> 17

9 YES votes:  3 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   35 -> 38           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            60 -> 63           
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  Techno                                       27 -> 30           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            47 -> 50           
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            
  fnord                                        39 -> 42           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            17 -> 20           
  Mohammed                                      0 -> 3            

5 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               

2 PRESENT votes:
  Bascule                FUN                   =  24
  breadbox                                     =  18

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
_________________________________________________
=================================================

Here are the voting results for : 1307
  Proposal 1307 - Thu Oct 03 18:39:23 EDT 1996
  Rule Suites
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

12 YES votes   1 NO votes   3 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  35 -> 45

12 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  45               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  24               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Techno                                      =  27               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               

1 NO votes:  3 points each
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            

3 PRESENT votes:
  Habeous Corpus                               =  50
  breadbox                                     =  18
  Mohammed                                     =   0

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   
_________________________________________________
=================================================

Here are the voting results for : 1309
  Proposal 1309 - Thu Oct 03 22:37:49 EDT 1996
  Frinking Straws
  Guy Fawkes  (Robert Shimmin)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

9 YES votes   7 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Guy Fawkes loses 7 points.  47 -> 40

9 YES votes:  3 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   35 -> 38           
  Bascule                FUN                   24 -> 27           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            60 -> 63           
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  Techno                                       27 -> 30           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            40 -> 43           
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            
  Uncle Sam                                    42 -> 45           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            24 -> 27           

7 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  breadbox                                    =  18               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Wayne                                       

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #292
*******************************