Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #282
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Tuesday, October 8 1996       Volume 01 : Number 282

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 06:00:58 +0000
From: Bascule <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: offer

> I am willing to pay 100 A$ for The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do 
> Much, Really.
> 
> If Bascule is unwilling to sell at this price, I am willing to rent it 
> for 15A$ for one week.  (I will buy it for 15 A$, then give it back as a 
> gift after seven days.)
> 
> Guy Fawkes

The The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Much, Really, is very 
dear to my heart, is of great sentimental value, and is totally 
priceless in my eyes. However, I could be persuaded to part with it 
for A$500 or more. As for the rental offer, I don't think I would 
have any legal redress if you reneged on your side of the bargain, 
which makes me cautious. If contracts were around, or if this rental 
thing becomes law, then that would be fine; however at the moment I'm 
afraid I'll need a deposit of A$400, and the rental charge is A$25 
per week. So if you'll give me A$400 for the RBBTTDDMR, I'll buy it 
back off you for A$375 in a week's time.

Deal?

Bascule

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 06:06:35 +0000
From: Bascule <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *ping*

Today is Tuesday, the 8th day of October, in the Year of Our Lord 
1996, and the Machine That Goes *ping* Has Gone *ping* today.  Since I 
have been Scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 3 times.

Bascule
Scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 96 1:30:21 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1324

Proposal 1324 - Tue Oct 08 01:30:21 EDT 1996
No Cheesy Whamiol Points
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Create a new rule which reads:

{{
      Amend the Blueprint for the Whamiol (aka "Blueprint: Whamiol") to
      read:

"
      Whenever a new Player enters the game and becomes an active player,
      the Whamiol will increase the score of it's owner by fifteen points
      (effective the time it is publically knowable the new player is an
      active player). If no new players become active for a period equal
      to or exceeding 30 days, the Whamiol will become anxious and 
      subtract one point from it's owners score once every two days until
      such time as a new player joins the game and becomes active.
"
}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 96 1:31:01 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1325

Proposal 1325 - Tue Oct 08 01:31:00 EDT 1996
Shotgun Control
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Create a new rule entitled "Substantially Similar Proposals" which
reads:

Proposal A is invalid if it, or the game effect that would occur if
it is adopted, is substantially similar, (in the judgement of a judge to
adjudicate such matters) to Proposal B, or the game effect that would
occur if Proposal B is adopted, and both of the following are true:

	a) Proposal A was distributed after Proposal B.
	b) Proposal B is still under voting consideration.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 96 1:31:17 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1326

Proposal 1326 - Tue Oct 08 01:31:16 EDT 1996
Lots of Office Stuff
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{[I attempt to make the following changes to offices:

   I have taken out Web-Harfer and Inventor and Swinger as optional
   offices from the RFC version.  I want to get the concept in, then
   worry about the controversial offices.  Right now, the acting
   GmaesMaster is breaking the rules.  I wish to fix that, in general
   plus do the other stuff listed.
 
   1) Create the idea of an "optional office", where the office need
      not be filled if there are no volunteers, and where acting
      officers will not be breaking the rules if they do not perform
      the tasks of an optional officer, as tinan is right now as
      acting GamesMaster.  I have made the following
      offices optional:  Historian, Postmaster, Chess-Umpire
      Map-Harfer, GamesMaster, and Poet Laureate.  I have also made
      Swingers optional for parties (and have a comment justifying that
      where I do it)

   2) I have merged Appointer into President and eliminated Appointer.

   3) I have added "Officer in charge of random things" to a few rules.

   4) I have done some miscelleaneous cleanup.

   5) I have changed all references of "Assistant Tabulator" to "Count
      Tabula".  This could have been done via CSR, but I figured I
      do it while I was going through all the office stuff anyway.

    Its long.  Sorry.]}}

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
{{[Optional Offices]}}
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend Rule 609, "Offices, Commonalities", as follows:

1) Add the following text at the end of the rule:

"
(ix) Optional Offices

     An office is considered "optional" if and only if it is
     specified as such by the rules.  An optional office has the
     following effects:

            a) A player filling an optional office in an acting
               capacity is not required to perform the duties of
               that office.  This sub-section takes precedence over
               section (iv) and R 612.

            b) If a nomination is held for an optional office, and
               no one volunteers for that office, no action is taken
               to fill the office once the nomination period ends,
               except as follows: If an optional office is vacant,
               and no nomination or election is currently being held
               for that office, any player may insist that a nomination
               (or election, as the case may be) commence, by making
               a statement to that effect to the public forum.  At such
               time, a nomination (election) shall be conducted by the
               appropriate officer.

(x)  Office Type

     All offices are either Functional or Political.  If the
     rules fail to specify the type of an office, that office is
     a Political Office.  Vacancies in a particular Political office
     are filled by election for office (by the procedure in R 611),
     unless other rules specify otherwise.  In the case of an optional
     Political office where a nomination did not produce any
     volunteers, the election process is aborted at that point.
"
   
2) Change section (viii) to read:

"(viii)  A player may not acquire titles or offices except as specified by
the rules."

3) Indent all section headers and section text uniformly.

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend Rule 611 "Offices, Related Definitions", as follows:

1) Add the following text after the word "volunteer" in section (i) e):

", except in the case of optional offices [qv Rule 609, section (ix)]".

2) Replace all occurrances of "the Assisant Tabulator" with "Count Tabula"

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 621, "Historian", to read:

The Historian is an optional office with one seat.

The duties are to maintain a WWW page of the History of Ackanomic.
Content of the page is up to the Historian [but should include the
comings and goings of political parties (and their agendas); history of
Presidents, Senators, and Winners, notable historical events such as
the Quorum Crisis, etc].

The Historian does not receive a salary, but it is considered good form
for players to give donations to the Historian when he or she is doing
a good job.

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 832, "Postmaster", to replace the first paragraph with:

"The Postmaster is an optional functional office with one seat."

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 894, "Map" to delete the last paragraph.

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 895, "Map-Harfer" to replace "a Functional Office" with "an
optional Functional Office".

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 991 so that section 1. A. reads:

"The optional functional office of Chess-Umpire exists.  If, at any
time, there is no player performing the duties of Chess-Umpire, the
game of Party Chess is suspended (or not started), and all other
players who would have duties with regard to Party Chess are absolved
of those duties.  This clause takes precedence over all mutables rules
dealing with Swingers and Party Chess."

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 985.2 so that section 1. A. reads:

"The optional functional office of Chess-Umpire exists.  If, at any
time, there is no player performing the duties of Chess-Umpire, the
game of Party Chess is suspended (or not started), and all other
players who would have duties with regard to Party Chess are absolved
of those duties.  This clause takes precedence over all mutables rules
dealing with Swingers and Party Chess."

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 1206 so that section 3 reads:

      "3. The optional Functional Office of GamesMaster exists."

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 1271 "Poet Laureate" so that the first paragraph reads:

      "The optional Office of Poet Laureate exists. The Duties are:"

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
{{[Merging the Appointer and President]}}
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 504, "The President of Ackanomia", to append the following at the
end of the current text:

      (i)   The Duties are:
            a) To publicly announce the occurrence of an open
               Seat for a Functional Office.
            b) To conduct a the nominations for open Functional Office
               seats.
            c) To publicly announce the occurrence of a Player
               being appointed to hold a Functional Office.
            d) Other rules may define other duties.

      (ii)  The Privileges are:
            a) To decide who among the volunteers shall be selected to
               hold an open Seat for Functional Office.
            b) Other rules may define other privileges.

      (iii) Whenever this Office is filled in an acting capacity,
            the Acting President may exercise Privilege  "a" as listed
            in section (ii) of this Rule.  This takes precedence over
            any Rule that would prevent this action.

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 612, "Functional Offices, Commonalities", as follows:

1) Amend section (ii) to read:

      (ii)   As a Privilege of Office, each Player shall receive a
             weekly salary of A$3 for every Functional Office held.

2) Replace all occurrances of the string "Appointer" with "President".

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repeal R 614, "Appointer"

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 615, "Speaker", to replace all occurrances of "A$10" with "A$5".

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
{{[Officer in charge of random things]}}
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 306, "Magic Potato" to replace "Registrar" with "Officer in charge
of random things".

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 937, "Silly Vacation Hat" to replace all occurrances of
"registrar" with "Officer in charge of random things".

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend Rule 1240, "The Machine That Goes *ping* (revisited)", as follows:

1) Replace the last paragraph with:

      "Whenever the Machine randomly teleports itself, it is the duty of
the Officer in charge of randon things to determine and report its new
location."

2) Change its title to: "The Machine That Goes *ping*"

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
{{[Misc cleanup]}}
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repeal Rule 576, "Political Offices, Starting List"

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 588, "Selecting A Judge" to replace the following sentence:

"This selection is performed by the officer who is officially assigned
 this duty (the job will be performed by the Speaker in the absence of
 such an officer)."

with:

"It is a duty of the Clerk of the Court to make this selection.".

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 589, "Invoking Judgement" to replace the following text:

"officer who is officially responsible for handling calls for judgement
(in the absence of such an officer, the Speaker assumes these duties)"

with:

"Clerk of the Court"

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 613 to replace all occurrances of the phrase "one month" with
the phrase "30 days".

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
{{[Count Tabula]}}
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 400, "Politeness Moon", to replace all occurrances of "the
Assistant Tabulator" and "The Assistant Tabulator", with "Count Tabula".

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 414, "The Office of the Tabulator" as follows:

1) replace all occurrances of "the Assistant Tabulator", "The
Assistant Tabulator", and "Assistant Tabulator" with "Count Tabula".

2) Add the following at the end of the rule:

"The terms "Count Tabula", and "Assistant Tabulator" are synonomous,
as used in the rules.  [this will be removed by CSR, hopefull, when
no longer needed]"
 
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 629, "Constitutional Convention; Procedure" to replace all
occurrances of "the Assistant Tabulator", "The Assistant Tabulator",
and "Assistant Tabulator" with "Count Tabula".

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 729, "Ackanomic Middle Ages" to replace all
occurrances of "the Assistant Tabulator", "The Assistant Tabulator",
and "Assistant Tabulator" with "Count Tabula".

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 730, "Steel Flea" as follows:

1) replace all occurrances of "the assistant tabulator", "The Assistant
Tabulator", and "Assistant Tabulator" with "Count Tabula".

2) remove all occurrances of the following sentence:

"If no Officer is in charge of random things, this duty shall fall to the
Registrar, unless e indicates that e can't be bothered, in which case
this duty falls to the Speaker."

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 1023, "Auction" to replace all
occurrances of "the Assistant Tabulator", "The Assistant Tabulator",
and "Assistant Tabulator" with "Count Tabula".

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 1112.3, "Let those who are without Harf cast the first stone."
to replace all occurrances of "the Assistant Tabulator", "The
Assistant Tabulator", and "Assistant Tabulator" with "Count Tabula".

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend Rule 1268 "Commission d'Arts"
to replace all occurrances of "the Assistant Tabulator", "The
Assistant Tabulator", and "Assistant Tabulator" with "Count Tabula".

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 00:44:04 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Commission d'Arts Report

The first Commission d'Arts ended sometime today (er... yesterday, in my
time zone) and here's the report.

The Nominees for the first Silver Moon award shall be:
1. Brinjal's first Party Hall Party poem.
  http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/php.html#PHP1

2. fnord's post of Phoebe's wisdom
  http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/phoebe.html#14

3. ThinMan's silly vacation hat design for Robert Sevin
  http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/svh.html#SVH1

4. The Gallery Portrait of Malenkai (a product of snowgod's portrait service)
  http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/gallery/malenkai2.jpg

From the posting of this report, players have three days to vote for
their favorite of the above four nominees.  Send your votes to Malenkai.

BTW, did any swingers send messages for the October 7 party hall party?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 02:01:37 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Commission d'Arts Report

Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> BTW, did any swingers send messages for the October 7 party hall party?

I sent all the required messages as acting NAP swinger, and received
a message from Niccolo and Bascule.  I have received none from snowgod,
but it is still the 7th in Alaska, as far as I know...

Malenkai
acting NAP swinger

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 22:38:13 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Party Hall Party

I have recieved (and written) messages from (and to) the Swingers for the 
NAPS, the Vulcans, and the FUN parties, on this, the seventh day of 
October, 1996 on the occasion of the third Party Hall Party.

snowgod
Swinger for (None Yet)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 08:42:47 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Party Hall Party

I have received messages from the NAP , (None Yet) and FUN Swingers, and
sent messages  for the Party-Hall Party.

Niccolo Flychuck

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Phillip R. Ackley wrote:

> 	
> I have recieved (and written) messages from (and to) the Swingers for the 
> NAPS, the Vulcans, and the FUN parties, on this, the seventh day of 
> October, 1996 on the occasion of the third Party Hall Party.
> 
> snowgod
> Swinger for (None Yet)
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 22:44:20 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Commission d'Arts Report

Oh the choices...

Brinjal's Poem!
ThinMan's Hat!
Fnords Wisdom!
And My portrait! Truly a shocker!

I will have much difficulty casting my vote here!  I'd love to recieve 
the award myself, but I everyone is so desrving.  I just do not know what 
I shall do.

snowgod
troubled

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 02:47:32 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Commission d'Arts Report

Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
 
> The first Commission d'Arts ended sometime today (er... yesterday, in my
> time zone) and here's the report.

These are all excellent nominees.  Lets try to have a good turn out
for this voting, I can't wait to hear the speech.

Malenkai
Assistant Tabulator
 
> The Nominees for the first Silver Moon award shall be:
> 1. Brinjal's first Party Hall Party poem.
>   http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/php.html#PHP1
> 
> 2. fnord's post of Phoebe's wisdom
>   http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/phoebe.html#14
> 
> 3. ThinMan's silly vacation hat design for Robert Sevin
>   http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/svh.html#SVH1
> 
> 4. The Gallery Portrait of Malenkai (a product of snowgod's portrait service)
>   http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/gallery/malenkai2.jpg
> 
> >From the posting of this report, players have three days to vote for
> their favorite of the above four nominees.  Send your votes to Malenkai.
> 
> BTW, did any swingers send messages for the October 7 party hall party?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 08:54:27 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Proposal 1326

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996 [email-masked] wrote:

> Proposal 1326 - Tue Oct 08 01:31:16 EDT 1996
> Lots of Office Stuff
> Malenkai  (Randy Hall)
> 
> {{[I attempt to make the following changes to offices:
> 
>  I have taken out Web-Harfer and Inventor and Swinger as optional
>  offices from the RFC version.  I want to get the concept in, then
>  worry about the controversial offices.  Right now, the acting
>  GmaesMaster is breaking the rules.  I wish to fix that, in general
>  plus do the other stuff listed.
> 
>  1) Create the idea of an "optional office", where the office need
>     not be filled if there are no volunteers, and where acting
>     officers will not be breaking the rules if they do not perform
>     the tasks of an optional officer, as tinan is right now as
>     acting GamesMaster. I have made the following
>     offices optional:  Historian, Postmaster, Chess-Umpire
>     Map-Harfer, GamesMaster, and Poet Laureate.  I have also made
>     Swingers optional for parties (and have a comment justifying that
>     where I do it)

I don't know if Swinger is that controversial anymore, since I don't
really remember anyone else opposing this idea but myself, and I no longer
do. The Party-Hall construct was useful during the development of
PartyChess, but this is no reason to freeze it in its current state.
I can only suggest that it would be simpler to make any changes,
especially ones that have to do with participation in PartyChess in the
Party-Hall rule, with minor ammendments (the Capital-Swingers RFC is an
example), to the PartyChess rules. 
If Swingers are made optional, I will not be proposing said ammendment
right away. I believe the game should still be played out a little further
before throwing such stuff in. 

I don't really like the idea of Chess-Umpire optional, and if it were
proposed on its own I'd probably vote against, however my dislike for it
is not sufficient to make me vote against the current proposal just for
that section.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 02:58:07 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Acka: Perhaps The Most Important Message You'll Read All Year! 

Ah, the endless variety of prosthetic foreheads!  And me, with 24 Rocks to
Wind A String Around!  I use my rocks to purchase some foreheads.

I step foreward and select a forehead that is rather large, really, so that
it may contain all sorts of vast legal knowledge.  It is bronze, like a
torch, and has some nice blue highlights around the edges. Stamped across
the front of this forehead are the words "Re-Elect snowgod." I transfer
this forehead to the Honorable Bascule, assuming he acks the transaction.

For my next forehead purchase I select a forehead that resembles nothing
more than a loaf of sourdough bread (San Francisco variety) and resides
*inside* the real head of it's wearer.  Written microscopically among the
porous surface of the bread are the words "snowgod for President!" I
transfer this forehead to the very talented Breadbox, assuming he acks the
transaction.

Next, I select a lovely forehead that is (amazingly enough) the same size
and shape as the normal forehead of it's owner.  Contained on this forehead
is a map of the earth, which is of course flat.  A small legend tells you
that the map was created by snowgod, who just happens to be running for
president.  I transfer this forehead to Calvin N Hobbes assuming he acks
the transaction.

Ah!  Next I select a forehead, and this one was difficult to choose, that
is actually a rock to wind a string around in disguise.  Etched into the
rock, and this must have taken at least 8 weeks of careful carving, are the
words "Hey!  Vote for snowgod!"  I transfer this forehead to Dagny,
assuming the acking bit, of course.

Out of the corner of my eye, I catch another wonderful forehead, which I
select.  This forehead bears an amazing resemblance to a /dev/forehead,
except for two minor details.  The first is a small olive branch that rests
above the eyebrows.  The second is an amazingly erect set of Vulcan ears.
This forehead also contains a little billboard atop it which reads "Vote
for snowgod... He's good people"." The billboard can be retracted by it's
owner, but the retraction is always accompanied by a good deal of squeeking
ang grinding and is really very unpleasant to everyone involved.  To
/dev/joe I transfer this forehead.

Next, I select a forehead that has been painted a yellow shade of pastel
yellow, with a light pink trim.  This forehead come complete with an
impeccable haircut and a poem, written broadly across the front of it.  The
poem reads: "A forehead for our greatest poet, donated by snowgod who wants
your voet!" Written in very tiny text beneath the poem is an apology by
snowgod who perhaps should consider running for gaoler where his awful
poetry can be best appreciated.  I transfer this forehead to Fnord.

I pick another forehead, this one tall and made of felt, with a feather
sticking out of it in a very dandy way.  Attached to the forehead (with
elmer's glue) are some bright green felt letters spelling out the following
poem:

"All hail th'illustrious god of snow
Who 'pon us suction cups bestowed,
For he who paid for days of frink
Is still a leader grand, I think!

(And yea, Guy Fawkes is quite a flake;
Of syntax mockery he doth make,
And for the sake of finding rhyme,
Use structure from a prior time."

To Guy Fawkes I transfer this forehead.

I trip over a forehead, which has been carelessly left on the floor, but I
decide to trade one of my rocks for it nonetheless.  It is quite charming,
really.  A forehead that may, perhaps, be just a bit to small to acutally
cover ones real head, with a donkey tail sticking strait out of the center
of it.  The tail keeps twitching around, making whooshing noises which
begin to sound an awful lot like "Hip Hip Hooray!  Three Cheers for the
next president of Ackanomia - Snowgod!"  I transfer this forehead to
Habeous Corpus.

Of course, no forehead purchase would be complete without a box of hammers,
which is exactly what I select next.  This forehead attaches squarely over
it's owners realy head, but somehow manages not to obscure his vision.
Above the eys, and below the hairline is a large hatch.  When opened it
reveals that it's wearers head is really nothing more than a box full of
hammers.  Written on the front of the hatch is "Thanks to snowgod, all my
dreams have been realized!  He's getting my vote for president!" I transfer
this forehead to IdiotBoy.

My next forehead purchase is very special.  This forehead is tall and
angular and very wise looking.  It is made of fine crystal.  Etched into
this crystal are a golden frog, a blue cross, and a rare tropical harf
(which has never been seen in captivity).  Also etched, in a fine script,
are the words "snowgod, snowgod he's our man!  If he can't do it, no one
can!"  I transfer this forehead to Malenkai.

Next I purchase I prosthetic forehead that begs the question "Why is this
forehead self-referential?"  Psychic forces broadcast incessantly from this
forehead tell everyone to vote for snowgod.  I transfer this forehead to mr
cwm.

Now I make another very special forehead purchase.  This forehead bears a
remarkable resemblance to Chess Piece Face, entire, except for the Vulcan
Eyebrows that cover it's owners real eyebrows.  Spinning around the
forehead etherealy are the words "Hi, I'm Niccolo Flychuck, and I'm running
for President.  Please vote for snowgod!"  I transfer this forehead to
Niccolo Flychuck.

Oh dear, I've forgotten a forehead!  This forehead is hairy, and smells
like a camel, but that is okay, because it is actually a camel that can be
worn on a forehead, or detached in ridden in a pinch.  That camel doesn't
make typical camel noises though.  Instead it tells everyone it come in
contact with to "Cast your vote in favor of snowgod, A man who fulfills his
promises."  I transfer this forehead to Mohammed.

My next forhead purchase is kind of silly, but I can't help myself.  It's
bright blue, and made of latex.  It also inflatable.  Completely replacing
it's owners original forehead skin, it allows for a clear view of the inner
workings of it's owners mind when fully inflated and streched thin.  Of
course, when examine it's owners mind you can see that he is thinking "Wow!
That snowgod is peachy keen!  I think I'll vote for him for president!"
To pascla do I transfer this forehead.

Next I purchase a forehead which looks like a cute little spotted mushroom.
Of course, the colors are a little funny, but I don't let that bother me.
I also don't let the little blue guys living inside it bother me.  They are
screaming "Stop! Stop!  Your taking our home!  Well do anything! Just stop!
We'll even vote for snowgod!" I transfer this forehead to PapaSmurph (sp?)
assuming he acks this sordid little transaction.

Another forehead purchase you ask? Yes!  This forehead is simple and plain,
but emotionally powerful.  It is a neon sign which is worn on it's owner's
real head. The sign reads "I invented Harf!"  I transfer this forehead to
Robert Sevin.

I trade another rock for a forehead of great class and distinction.  It's
owner has obviously not just learned the tricks of the trade, but instead
learned the trade.  A small gold plate on the forehead declares that "This
forehead was donated by snowgod, a swell guy!"  I transfer this forehead to
Techno.

When I see the next forehead, i realize that I have no choice but to
purchase it, and transfer it to my evil twin, ThinMan.  It is another
forehead of obvious class and distinction, but much different from
Techno's.  This forehead looks like me, hates work like me, and even has a
twin like me.  It has a a small label, made of silk and attached along a
seam.  The labels reads (Big Surprise Coming) "Hi!  I'm probably not voting
for snowgod, but I've come to believe he's actually a pretty harfy type of
guy!"  Like I said before, I transfer this forehead to ThinMan.

Just a few more foreheads to purchase now.  The next forehead attempts to
answer the age old question "Why is this forehead dissimilar to mr cwm's?"
but fails, unfortunately.  It does succeed, however in informing you to
vote for snowgod, the next president of ackanomia!  I transfer this
forehead to this is not a name.

Next, I purchase a forehead, colored red, white and blue, with yellow stars
and pink horseshoes.  This forehead has a loadspeaker atached to the top
that constantly blares the Star Spangled Banner and other marching tunes,
with only short interuptions between songs for a public service message.
This public message says "Greetings Ackanomians!  My Name is Uncle Sam and
I am running for President.  Vote for me, or better yet, vote for snowgod!
He's good people." to Uncle Sam I transfer this forehead.

The next forehead falls off a high shelf and bonks me right between the
eyes.  Lucky it did though, or I may never have noticed it.  It's another
lovely forehead, made entirely of A$, wrapped tight to resemble Waynes
forehead (or at least a more expensive version of the same).  It contains a
gold star, attached firmly to the center of it as an additional reward for
the great work Wayne does as tabulator.  Written in itty bitty little
script above the eyebrows are the words "I vote for snowgod once and I'll
do it again!  snowgod for president!"  I transfer this forehead to Wayne.

And finally I purchase a forehead that like nothing more than a snowflake.
Well, Maybe a big snowflake.  Spinning, slowly spinning.  Inducing
hypnoisis.  Subliminally reenforcing your already existing desire to vote
for snowgod.  I place this forehead upon my head and happily walk back
home.

snowgod
running for president

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 09:09:12 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: ???

Lest any of us think that some Players take things too literal,  or have
trouble understanding our intentions in a post,  my mother sent me the
following from a service bulletin:

Compaq is considering changing the command "Press Any Key" to "Press 
Return Key" because of a flood of calls asking where the "Any" key is. 
Another Compaq technician received a call from a man complaining that the
system wouldn't read word processing files from his old diskettes.  After
troubleshooting for magnets and heat failed to diagnose the problem, it
was found that the customer labeled the diskettes then rolled them into a
typewriter to type the labels.   Another customer was asked to send a
copy of her defective diskettes, when the letter arrived a few days later
with Xeroxed copies of the floppies.

Make of the above what you will;

Habeous Corpus

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 08:48:06 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Foreheads

I am removing my Prosthetic Forehead.

Ouch!!

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 08:58:13 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: offer

I transfer 400 A$ to Bascule in exchange for the Really Big Blue Thing 
That Doesn't Do Much, Really, pending his ack of this trade.

Guy Fawkes

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Bascule wrote:

> however at the moment I'm 
> afraid I'll need a deposit of A$400, and the rental charge is A$25 
> per week. So if you'll give me A$400 for the RBBTTDDMR, I'll buy it 
> back off you for A$375 in a week's time.
> 
> Deal?
> 
> Bascule
> 
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 09:08:54 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Perhaps The Most Important Message You'll Read All Year!

snowgod wrote:

>When I see the next forehead, i realize that I have no choice but to
>purchase it, and transfer it to my evil twin, ThinMan.  It is another
>forehead of obvious class and distinction, but much different from
>Techno's.  This forehead looks like me, hates work like me, and even has a
>twin like me.  It has a a small label, made of silk and attached along a
>seam.  The labels reads (Big Surprise Coming) "Hi!  I'm probably not voting
>for snowgod, but I've come to believe he's actually a pretty harfy type of
>guy!"  Like I said before, I transfer this forehead to ThinMan.

I acknowledge and accept the transaction.

I am wearing my new prosthetic forehead.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 16:45:15 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: My new Prosthetic Forhead, and other gizmos

I would like to thank snowgod for the Prosthetic Forehead I received as
part of his silly campaign. I intend to wear for as long as it is legal
until the election results are published. I a, also invoking R115 and
create stickers that say "Pay no attention to my Prosthetic Forehead -
Niccolo Flychuck for President". I have a very big supply of those, and
I'm giving a sticker for each and every player. I'd love to hear from
players, either publically or privately, telling me how they chose to
display those stickers. 
I put one on my T-shirt, the one I'm weraing that is.

Niccolo Flychuck

Wearing  a Prosthetic Forehead (if it is legal)

Wearing a T-shirt with a sticker that says "Pay no attention to my
Prosthetic Forehead - Niccolo Flychuck for President."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 11:45:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: IdiotBoy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Cool Election Gifts!

I acknowledge the transaction for me to get my special snowgod forehead!  I
also will take one of those neato Niccolo stickers.

I remove my current PForehead and place the new one on my real head.

I place my new sticker from Niccolo over my mouth.

IB
- --
IdiotBoy, as always, dumber than a box of hammers.
[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 10:59:28 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mohammed <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Proposal 1326

Upon looking over the rules, I don't think someone who fails to fulfill 
the Duties associated with an office he or she holds is breaking the 
rules.  This may be subject to interpretation, though.  I don't see 
"being expected to" and "being required to" as the same thing.  If 
someone is expected to do something and doesn't, the result is surprise 
(and possibly impeachment.)  If someone is required to do something and 
doesn't, the result is a breach of the rules.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 11:06:47 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Cool Election Gifts!

IdiotBoy wrote:
> I acknowledge the transaction for me to get my special snowgod forehead!  I
> also will take one of those neato Niccolo stickers.
> 
> I remove my current PForehead and place the new one on my real head.

Unfortunately, IdiotBoy's forehead is sore and he finds himself unable to
put on a forehead for two days.

Meanwhile, I accept snowgod's forehead offer, and also one of Niccolo's
stickers.  I display the forehead in a window of my home, and I put the
sticker on a small sign in front of the forehead.

/dev/joe
Still wearing his old prosthetic forehead

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 15:06:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: mr cwm <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Perhaps The Most Important ... etc.

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, snowgod wrote:

>
>Next I purchase I prosthetic forehead that begs the question "Why is this
>forehead self-referential?"  Psychic forces broadcast incessantly from this
>forehead tell everyone to vote for snowgod.  I transfer this forehead to mr
>cwm.
>

I acknowledge this transaction, and thank snowgod for his lovely gift.
Since I have no special plans for this Prosthetic Forehead, unlike the two
I already own, I feel free to put it on.  I do so.  It fits.  Thanks
again, snowgod!  (Why *is* this forehead self-referential?)

In addition, I accept one of Niccolo Flychuck's stickers.  I paste it
inside a brushed pewter Klein bottle I keep next to the kitchen sink in
The Revolving Shed.  Thanks, Niccolo Flychuck!

- -mr cwm

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 13:35:53 -0600
From: Uncle Sam <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Perhaps ... 

I accept snowgod's nice prosthetic forehead.  I remove my current forehead.
Oohhhh the pain.

Uncle Sam

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 13:11:06 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stickers

Per R115 I am creating some stickers that read "Only snowgod is wearing a 
blue cartoon parka.  What more reason do you need to vote for him?".  I 
offer one to every player.  Are R115 Stickers tradeable? :)

snowgod
feeling generous

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #282
*******************************