Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #279
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Sunday, October 6 1996        Volume 01 : Number 279

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 01:04:00 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Presidential Election

Its time for Acka's 4th presidential election.  The results of the
previous 3 were:

Robert Sevin 9, Mohammed 3
/dev/joe 5, this is not a name 4
snowgod 7, Niccolo Flychuck 4, /dev/joe 2

If you would like to volunteer for this office, e-mail me.  The
nomination lasts for 3 days.

Malenkai
speaker

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 00:23:02 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Church of Seleya

The Church of Seleya just needs one more follower to become a real church.
Contact me if you want to be the one.

/dev/joe

> I am announcing my intent to form a church, called the Church of Seleya.
> 
> Dogma of The Church of Seleya
> 
> If there were no lawful advantage gained by belonging to a Church,
> Vulcans and other like-minded people probably would not join a
> Church.  However, there is such an advantage now, thus a great altar
> is constructed here on Seleya, the tallest mountain on Vulcan, to
> help protect free-thinkers from hordes of torch-wielding flat-earthers.
> Through a powerful telescope which is built into the altar, it is
> possible to see the Earth!
> 
> Policy of the Church of Seleya
> 
> Any player may be a follower of the Church of Seleya, except for those
> players specifically banned.  The Founder has the rights to ban players
> from becoming followers, to remove such bans, to remove followers from
> the church, and to amend this policy, as well as any other rights defined
> in the rules.
> 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 22:10:50 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Witchunt

It seems that all presidential elections in Ackanomic begin with a 
witchhunt, or a series of them.  Let's not make this one an exception!  

It is with great pleasure that as I announce that I, president snowgod, 
am standing for re-election, I can also announce that I am calling for a 
witchhunt against /dev/joe!

It seems that even an illustrious senator is not above a little heresy!  
It may even be part in parcel for the office!  Lord knows that when I was 
senator I had yet to see the light! Of course, I was never so cowardly as 
to make a pansy-wansy statement heding the fact like /dev/joe did when he 
said:

> > If there were no lawful advantage gained by belonging to a Church,
> > Vulcans and other like-minded people probably would not join a
> > Church.  However, there is such an advantage now, thus a great altar
> > is constructed here on Seleya, the tallest mountain on Vulcan, to
> > help protect free-thinkers from hordes of torch-wielding flat-earthers.
> > Through a powerful telescope which is built into the altar, it is
> > possible to see the Earth!

No!  I came right out and said the earth is round, which it of course it 
not!  We mustn't let this vieled heresy stand in ackanomic! Burn 
/dev/joe! Burn the Witch!

snowgod
candidate for president

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 02:45:50 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Witchunt

Phillip R. Ackley wrote:

> It is with great pleasure that as I announce that I, president snowgod,
> am standing for re-election, I can also announce that I am calling for a
> witchhunt against /dev/joe! 
> It seems that even an illustrious senator is not above a little heresy!

> We mustn't let this vieled heresy stand in ackanomic! Burn
> /dev/joe! Burn the Witch!

Actually, this attempted Witchhunt call violates R 729 as /dev/joe is
Enlightened.  Therefore, please do not send mew your votes.

The earth is very round, I must say :)

Malenkai
would be Witchfinder General

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 09:00:53 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Witchunt - Presdential Election

On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Phillip R. Ackley wrote:

> It seems that all presidential elections in Ackanomic begin with a 
> witchhunt, or a series of them.  Let's not make this one an exception!  
> 
> It is with great pleasure that as I announce that I, president snowgod, 
> am standing for re-election, I can also announce that I am calling for a 
> witchhunt against /dev/joe!

Even though Malenkai has already pointed out that this witchunt is
illegal, I'd like to point out a fallacy in snowgod's argument.
Nowhere does /dev/joe make a statement about the shape of the earth. E
specifically invites free-thinkers to find out for themselves. I myself
have been to the great altar on Seleya, and looked through the telescope,
and I must say that I am satisfied with what I have seen.

Niccolo Flychuck

Running for President

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 23:04:38 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Witchunt

> Actually, this attempted Witchhunt call violates R 729 as /dev/joe is
> Enlightened.  Therefore, please do not send mew your votes.
> 
> The earth is very round, I must say :)
> 
> Malenkai
> would be Witchfinder General
> 

Ah heck,

Forget about those darn enlightnened people!  Perhaps there oughta be a 
church of the enlightened too!  Everyone can join but snowgod and CnH!

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 14:52:43 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mohammed <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Proposal 1308

I retract Proposal 1308.

It's funny that the quirk of activeness counting on voting has never been 
brought up before.  But it's certainly nothing to accentuate, so 1308 
goes into the dust bin.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 18:43:16 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Phoebe

Upon returning home from the Parade,  I was just placing the Great
Trombone in its cradle by the fireplace when 
something dropped out of its mouth.  I was wondering which of the drunken
revellers shoved eir trash so 
disrepectfully down the throat of this fine musical instrument,  when, 
bending over I saw that it was a matchbox.  
Sightly battered,  its once bright blue and red sides starting to fade, 
it looked like any other piece of flotsom from a 
party the size of the last Parade.

But as I picked it up to throw it in the trash can,  it suddenly opened
by itself and a buzzing speck sprang out and 
hovered in front of my face.  I could barely make out its shape,  due to
its size and constant buzzing;  it was a flea,  but 
so shiny it was obvious that was made out of some metal.

This must be Phoebe,  the famed Steel Flea,  and so I listened to the
buzzing to hear what words of wisdom she might 
impart to me.  Soon the buzzing became a coherent,  intelligent noise, 
not really words,  but understandable 
nonetheless.  Here is what Phoebe had to say to me:

Listen to the Elders,  for whilest they are grizzled with age,  they yet
have wisdom; witness their performance in the 
game.  Do not disdain or avoid controversy;  for even the dumbest
argument,  yea even a box of hammers has some 
grain of Truth to impart.  Beware of sheep in wolves' clothing,  for they
will promise glory,  and only deliver the 
Cartuese Goose.  Seek not prizes,  for they are but shadows of the
ultimate Prize:  the Game Itself.

Suddenly,  Phoebe flew back into her matchbox and both the matchbox and
the wonderful steel flea vanished, not in 
a puff of smoke,  but in the fading,  dwindling way a television screen
or monitor looks when you shut them down.  I 
hope I see her again someday,  and hear again that incessant,  yet
wonderful buzz.

Habeous Corpus

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 15:15:49 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Acka: Official: Ambassador 

The following proposals have been distributed by Andre, the friendly
internomic moderator.  Would Count Tabula please initiate a vote on these
if Amend R970 fails?

snowgod
Ambassador

>
>Transmute Rule 103 to Mutable.
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Proposal 311
>Proposed by: AckaNomic
>
>Replace the entire text of Rule 103 with the following:
>
>At any time,  there shall be exactly one moderator,  who must be a player
>of at least one member nomic.  The moderator may not resign.  The moderator
>may only be replaced as follows:
>
>a.  If the moderator is no longer a player in any member nomic.
>b.  If the member nomic(s) the moderator is a player in withdraw from
>Internomic.
>c.  Upon another member nomic achieving a win.
>
>In either of the first two cases the departing moderator must name a
>successor who meets the eligibility criteria; if he does not then the first
>eligible player to volunteer shall become moderator.  In the third,  the
>Liason of the winning nomic replaces the moderator.
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Proposal 312
>Proposed by: AckaNomic
>
>Transmute Rule 103 to Immutable.

Ackanomic Ambassador - Liason to Internomic - President
Inventor - Former Senator (seat a)  - Heretic (4 times!) - Former CSRR
Priest, Church of the Markovian Dream - Member, None Yet
Wearing a prosthetic forehead - Fighting Forehead Discrimination

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 15:15:53 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Re: Acka: Witchunt - Presdential Election 

>On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Phillip R. Ackley wrote:
>
>> It seems that all presidential elections in Ackanomic begin with a
>> witchhunt, or a series of them.  Let's not make this one an exception!
>>
>> It is with great pleasure that as I announce that I, president snowgod,
>> am standing for re-election, I can also announce that I am calling for a
>> witchhunt against /dev/joe!
>
>Even though Malenkai has already pointed out that this witchunt is
>illegal, I'd like to point out a fallacy in snowgod's argument.
>Nowhere does /dev/joe make a statement about the shape of the earth. E
>specifically invites free-thinkers to find out for themselves. I myself
>have been to the great altar on Seleya, and looked through the telescope,
>and I must say that I am satisfied with what I have seen.

Fallacy? No! Senator /dev/joe made a clear implication as to the shape of
the earth... the fact that he never actually came out and said it was round
does not matter - the rules only require that an implication be made!

And to hide behind the veil of Enlightenment! Hah!  As the Honorable mr cwm
told us, "Enlightenment is the dead gnome of heresy!".  I truly believe in
this fact, ano something about it.  How about you, Niccolo?  Are you
willing to allow player disregard the rules willy nilly?  Two rules tell us
the earth is flat - only one protects those who believe otherwise.

snowgod
reformed heretic running for president

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 19:57:54 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Proposal 1308

Mohammed wrote:
> 
> I retract Proposal 1308.
> 
> It's funny that the quirk of activeness counting on voting has never been
> brought up before.  But it's certainly nothing to accentuate, so 1308
> goes into the dust bin.

Thanks.  Appreciated :)

Malenkai
lazy

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 20:11:08 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Poet Election

The election for Poet Laureate is over.  The results were

fnord (4 votes)
- ---------------
IdiotBoy
Bascule
fnord
Mohammed

Guy Fawkes (4 votes)
- --------------------
Guy Fawkes
Habeous Corpus
Malenkai
snowgod

Niccolo Flychuck (1 vote)
- ------------------------
Niccolo Flychuck

Ties are broken by random means.  I will be using the dice server
to do the random determination.  A message from "Dice server" will
hit the public forum in about a half hour.  If the value is odd
fnord shall win, if the value is even, Guy Fawkes shall win.

Assistant Tabulator

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 16:21:31 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Acka: Vending Machine Purchases 

Ah the wonderful Vending Machines!

They sit there, shining in the midday Ackanomic Sun (is it a line or an
arc?), attached to the bottom of the earth with their lovely suction cups!
Beckoning to me, calling me, trying to convince me to purchase a Rock to
Wind a String Around.  I resist intially, thinking I don't need another
prosthetic forhead.  I have two already, what would I do with another?

Aha!  An idea occurs to me.  I insert A$6 into Habeous Corpus's Vending
Machine once, and purchase a rock to wind to wind a string around.  I am
satisfied by the heft and feel of the rock, so I repeat the procedure 11
more times.  I now own 12 Rocks to Wind a String around.

Next I travel to Bascule's Vending Machine.  I insert A$6 into the Vending
Machine once.  I now have thirteen Rocks.  I repeat the procedure 11 more
times.  I am now the proud owner of 24 Rocks to wind a string around!

I con a couple of local kids into dragging my rocks to my house, where I
proudly admire them.

snowgod
running for president

Ackanomic Ambassador - Liason to Internomic - President
Inventor - Former Senator (seat a)  - Heretic (4 times!) - Former CSRR
Priest, Church of the Markovian Dream - Member, None Yet
Wearing a prosthetic forehead - Fighting Forehead Discrimination

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 17:39:16 -0700
From: [email-masked] (Dice server)
Subject: Acka: Poet Random Roll

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dice rolls requested by: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Rolls also sent to:
    [email-masked]

# Random resolution of Poet Laureate election
# Odd indicates fnord wins, Even indicates Guy Fawkes wins
# Assistant Tabulator

No. of sides on every die:    100
No. of dice for every roll:     1
No. of dice rolls requested:    1
No. of rolls per line:          1

     27

Information on the dice server:
   DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
   Replies to [email-masked] vanish into a seldom-read mailbox.

   For instructions on using the dice server, send a message with
   subject "help" to [email-masked], or see http://www.pbm.com/dice/

   The dice server is a public service provided by Shadow Island Games.

Original headers follow:

> From [email-masked]  Sun Oct  6 17:38:48 1996
> Received: (from smtp@localhost) by rt.com
>       id RAA16253 for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 6 Oct 1996 17:38:48 -0700
> Received: from mail.itw.com(206.138.122.6) by rt.com via smtp (V1.3)
>       id sma016251; Sun Oct  6 17:38:44 1996
> Received: from ppp173.itw.com (ppp173.itw.com [206.138.122.173]) by mail.itw.com (8.6.12/8.6.9) with SMTP id UAA06189 for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 6 Oct 1996 20:39:35 -0400
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 20:33:47 -0400
> From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
> X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.0 (Win16; I)
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Acka: Poet Election
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.7

iQCVAwUBMlhRMz8NitsTFjcVAQEVywP/dT/q/XCG6OqL3eS89ilHmpC7t6M+0Exr
pNTcmtgX7fmdudALBnFZlX25Cd77khr/ts07Khzl+ljL6MloI/UwfHr0bks9fMDp
aQPqBzisAw6uJhXkc4rxeqz1cDWLtkc9mWz9Z7mf1sF/sWyVZxuPBVKbWNvnc3nh
vnZlbr/OkJM=
=RwVh
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 96 20:52:44 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1316

Proposal 1316 - Sun Oct 06 20:52:44 EDT 1996
The Will of Tim
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

This is a modest proposal.

{{All A$ belonging to "Tim" shall be divided up and distributed evenly to
all other players, with any remainder going to the treasury}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 96 20:53:34 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1317

Proposal 1317 - Sun Oct 06 20:53:34 EDT 1996
Pheobe Abuse
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

{{snowgod shall be placed in Gaol for 2 days, as punishment for losing
Pheobe's Matchbox.}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 96 20:53:59 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1318

Proposal 1318 - Sun Oct 06 20:53:59 EDT 1996
Bond Options
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Create a new rule which reads:

1) A class of entity known as Bond Options (Options) exist.  Bond Options
are Tradeable and mimsy.

2) Any player may create an Option at any time by publically announcing
they are doing so, and by providing the following information about the
option:
	a) Name of the PFBond the option is associated with
        b) Quantity of that bond the option is associated with.
           This value must be positive and evenly divisible by 10.
        c) Strike Price per associated bond.  This value may be
           fractional, so long as this value times quanitity in b) is
           a positive whole number.
        d) Expiration Date, which must be a date at least 7 days after
           the date the option is created.

An option is said to be "written" by the player who created it.  The
writer of the option, and the 4 pieces of information above, may not
be changed for a particular option so long as that option exists.

3) A player may destroy any Option that they own by publically announcing 
they are doing so.

4) An option is automatically destroyed upon the end of its Expiration
Date.

5) A player may exercise any options that they own, so long as they were
written by another player, by publically announcing they are doing so.

Upon an exercise: 

	a) The player who wrote the option has 3 days to give the
quantity of bonds specified in the option to the exercising player.
If they fail to do so, they are fined A$200 to the Treasury, and have
broken the rules.

        b) The player who exercised the option has 3 days from the time
of receiving the bonds to give (Strike Price * Quantity) to the player who
wrote the option.  If they fail to do so, they are fined A$200 to the 
Treasury, and have broken the rules.

        c) If either player is on vacation, or in Gaol, the times above
are extended until 3 days past when they are not on vacation or in Gaol.
These are the only two situations which will extend the times above.

        d) Upon exercise, an Option is destroyed.

6) Specific Options are named as follows: 
O<Name of Bond>-<Quantity>-A$<Strike Price>-<Exp. Date as yymmdd>-<Writer>

[For example, if I were to create an option to buy 
10 PFMalenkai for A$20 apiece, by Dec 1, 1996, such an option would
be named: OPFMalenkai-10-A$20-961201-Malenkai]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 6 Oct 96 21:24:37 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka Proposals Results 1277-1292

Following are the voting results for Proposals 1277-1292.  First
a quick summary, then each individual result.

Passed Proposals:
1278 (14/2)
1279 (14/2)
1280 (15/1)
1283 (12/2)
1284 (12/3)
1285 (14/1)
1287 (9/4/1)
1288 (15/0)
1290 (12/3)
1291 (11/4)

Failed Proposals:
1277 (8/7)
1282 (4/11)
1286 (6/9)
1292 (5/10)

Here are the voting results for : 1277
  Proposal 1277 - Thu Sep 26 13:47:30 EDT 1996
  Guy Fawkes' Day
  Guy Fawkes  (Robert Shimmin)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

8 YES votes   7 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Guy Fawkes loses 7 points.  51 -> 44

8 YES votes:  3 point each
  Robin Hood                                   17 -> 20           
  Brinjal                                      51 -> 54           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            57 -> 60           
  Habeous Corpus                               47 -> 50           
  /dev/joe               Vulcan                44 -> 47           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            44 -> 47           
  IdiotBoy                                      3 -> 6            
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            21 -> 24           

7 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  Wayne                                       =  47               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Tim                                         
  Dagny                                       
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1278
  Proposal 1278 - Thu Sep 26 13:47:53 EDT 1996
  Flight of the Goose
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

14 YES votes   2 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  35 -> 45

14 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  45               
  Brinjal                                     =  54               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  Wayne                                       =  47               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

2 NO votes:  3 points each
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1279
  Proposal 1279 - Thu Sep 26 13:49:04 EDT 1996
  Amend 682
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

14 YES votes   2 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Calvin N Hobbes gains 10 points.  0 -> 10

14 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  Brinjal                                     =  54               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  50               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  Wayne                                       =  47               

2 NO votes:  3 points each
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            47 -> 50           
  Mohammed                                      0 -> 3            

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1280
  Proposal 1280 - Thu Sep 26 13:49:33 EDT 1996
  Decked
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

15 YES votes   1 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  35 -> 45

15 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  45               
  Brinjal                                     =  54               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  Wayne                                       =  47               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

1 NO votes:  3 points each
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1282
  Proposal 1282 - Fri Sep 27 23:16:43 EDT 1996
  Stock Split
  IdiotBoy  (Matt Miller)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

4 YES votes   11 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

IdiotBoy loses 7 points.  6 -> -1

4 YES votes:  3 point each
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            47 -> 50           
  IdiotBoy                                     -1 -> 2            
  Wayne                                        47 -> 50           

11 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1283
  Proposal 1283 - Fri Sep 27 23:38:07 EDT 1996
  Surfing with Pseudo-Rules
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

13 YES votes   2 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  35 -> 45

13 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  45               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Wayne                                       =  47               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

2 NO votes:  3 points each
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1284
  Proposal 1284 - Fri Sep 27 23:38:27 EDT 1996
  Modesty and Pride
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

12 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  35 -> 45

12 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  45               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

3 NO votes:  3 points each
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  Uncle Sam                                    42 -> 45           
  Wayne                                        47 -> 50           

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1285
  Proposal 1285 - Fri Sep 27 23:38:51 EDT 1996
  Bomb Shelter
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

14 YES votes   1 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  35 -> 45

14 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  45               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  50               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Wayne                                       =  47               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

1 NO votes:  3 points each
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1286
  Proposal 1286 - Sat Sep 28 13:18:43 EDT 1996
  TMBG
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

6 YES votes   9 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 7 points.  35 -> 28

6 YES votes:  3 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   28 -> 31           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            60 -> 63           
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            
  fnord                                        39 -> 42           
  Uncle Sam                                    42 -> 45           

9 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Wayne                                       =  47               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1287
  Proposal 1287 - Sat Sep 28 13:19:06 EDT 1996
  Similarity
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

9 YES votes   4 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Niccolo Flychuck gains 10 points.  40 -> 50

9 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  50               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  50               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

4 NO votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai               FUN                   35 -> 38           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            47 -> 50           
  Uncle Sam                                    42 -> 45           
  Wayne                                        47 -> 50           

1 PRESENT votes:
  ThinMan                Vulcan                =  45

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1288
  Proposal 1288 - Sat Sep 28 13:19:31 EDT 1996
  Making Parties a Part of it all
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

15 YES votes   0 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Niccolo Flychuck gains 10 points.  40 -> 50

15 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  50               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  50               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  47               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Wayne                                       =  47               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

0 NO votes:  3 points each

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1290
  Proposal 1290 - Sat Sep 28 14:56:08 EDT 1996
  Even Less Double Jeopardy
  Guy Fawkes  (Robert Shimmin)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

12 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Guy Fawkes gains 10 points.  47 -> 57

12 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  57               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

3 NO votes:  3 points each
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  fnord                                        39 -> 42           
  Wayne                                        47 -> 50           

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1291
  Proposal 1291 - Sat Sep 28 14:56:19 EDT 1996
  Creative Cranium Copyright Renewal
  Guy Fawkes  (Robert Shimmin)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

11 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Guy Fawkes gains 10 points.  47 -> 57

11 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  60               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  50               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  57               
  IdiotBoy                                    =   6               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               

4 NO votes:  3 points each
  fnord                                        39 -> 42           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            24 -> 27           
  Wayne                                        47 -> 50           
  Mohammed                                      0 -> 3            

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

=============================================

Here are the voting results for : 1292
  Proposal 1292 - Sun Sep 29 01:44:46 EDT 1996
  Proposal Bribing
  Wayne  (Wayne Sheppard)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

5 YES votes   10 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Wayne loses 7 points.  47 -> 40

5 YES votes:  3 point each
  snowgod                (None Yet)            60 -> 63           
  Habeous Corpus                               50 -> 53           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            47 -> 50           
  IdiotBoy                                      6 -> 9            
  Wayne                                        40 -> 43           

10 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  20               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  40               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  47               
  fnord                                       =  39               
  Uncle Sam                                   =  42               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Mohammed                                    =   0               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Techno                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin                                
  breadbox                                    
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         
  PapaSmurf                                   

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #279
*******************************