Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #278
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Sunday, October 6 1996        Volume 01 : Number 278

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 00:13:25 +0000
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Banana Buyback

I transfer A$10 to Malenkai.  He purchased an Amber Banana from me 
and then requested a yes vote from me on P1278.  This proposal did 
not earn Malenkai the right to purchase the Banana.  If Malenkai 
would like for me to vote yes on P1299 he may repurchase the Banana 
as this is the proposal that has earned him the right to purchase the 
Banana.

I thought there might be a possible CFCJ here, but couldn't decide if 
Malenkai broke the law by purchasing the Banana on P1278 or if I 
would be breaking the law by selling and voting that way.

Techno
"Don't learn the tricks of the trade, learn the trade."

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 05 Oct 1996 03:12:08 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Phoebe (Habeous Corpus)

snowgod failed to share Phoebe's wisdom with us, and has carelessly
lost her matchbox.  Fortunately, the matchbox has been found
by Habeous Corpus.

Oct 05 03:10 EDT: -3 snowgod: failed to report what Phoebe said

Malenkai
speaker

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 23:27:47 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Phoebe (Habeous Corpus)

Oop  I new I was forgetting something!

Poet Vote, Check
My Donkey, Check
My Forehead, Check
My Votes, Check
Pheobe, Damn!

Anyhow... Sorry Phoebe.

snowgod
repentant

On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> snowgod failed to share Phoebe's wisdom with us, and has carelessly
> lost her matchbox.  Fortunately, the matchbox has been found
> by Habeous Corpus.
> 
> Oct 05 03:10 EDT: -3 snowgod: failed to report what Phoebe said
> 
> Malenkai
> speaker
> 

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 00:25:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: VACATION

I, breadbox, do hereby place myself on vacation, with an expected
duration of four days.

(muppetlabs.com is moving to a new, privately owned machine. Unfortunately
the internic is more efficient than we are, and the muppetlabs.com DNS
entry has already been updated to point to the new machine, which currently
has no mail service.)

Don't burn down the place while I'm gone.

b

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 05 Oct 1996 10:41:31 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Parade

In commemoration of the wonderful Parade thrown by snowgod in honor of
the passage of Proposal 
1276,  Grab-a-Donkey,  I would like to offer the following eye-witness
account.

As the marching band and floats queu up in front of Habeous Corpus'
residence,  the citizens of 
Ackanomia gather in the Free Market,  drawn by President snowgod's garish
banners addorning a 
portable tavern parked directly in front of the Senate.  From the Senate
balcony,  the president and 
three fourths of the Senate gaze upon the colorful costums worn by
various Ackzens;  only snowgod's
nervous fingering of eir wallet marring the obvious feeling of joy on
their faces.  

At a signal from Habeous Corpus,  triumphantly bearing the Great Trombone
of Ackanomia,  the 
marching strikes up a tune:  a raucus rendition of "Pensylvania 6-5000". 
The parade stately starts off 
headed for the Senate,  flamboyant floats filled with flowers and people
dressed in finery following.  

The lead float is a 12 foot high reproduction of the Chartruese Goose, 
complete with Goose eggs.  
Contained within each artificial egg is a right-handed grapefruit,  but
as they are completely concealed,  
no one tries to steal an egg of the float.  Next come floats representing
the various goals of Ackanomic 
Philosophy:  A giant Eniac computer,  spewing forth logical answers to
nonsense questions;  an hiena,  
constantly braying at the questions,  and answers;  a solid gold frog, 
twelve year old scotch pouring 
from its mouth into a large punch bowl;  and lastly,  a 25 foot long
float in the shape of a violin case,  the 
timeless symbol of underworld muscle.  Inside the violin case,  however, 
is only a handful of cash,  an 
empty ballot box and a small coffin,  commemorating the early demise of
one of Acka's oldest political 
parties.

As the marching band and floats semi-solemnly make their way through the
free market approaching 
the senate,  the revellers momentarily pause in their carrousing to send
up a loud cheer directed at 
both President snowgod and Senator Habeous Corpus.After snowgod
acknowledges the affection of 
the crowd,  e returns to nervously counting the remains of eir wallet. 
Habeous Corpus temporarily 
halts the progress of the parade so that e and the other members of the
procession may sample 
snowgods generousity before continuing on.

Habeous Corpus
exhilerated

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 12:00:36 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mohammed <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC: Quotes

It is important to define what a "line" is.  Do we have a record of all 
the line breaks in all the proposals?  Currently we aren't required to 
keep track of such stuff.

> Whenever a proposal contains a rule change to add, delete, and/or change
> text in a rule, the text to be added, deleted, and/or changed which is
> quoted in the proposal must be enclosed between two delimiters or blank
> lines.  The delimiters or blank lines must be the same, and not match
> any delimiters within the enclosed text.
	That use of "must" makes me uneasy.  What should happen if the
quoted text isn't enclosed between delimiters?  What if the delimiters
aren't the same?
	Also, I think there's a kind of special case that's neglected here:

- ---
what about "this
- ---
case"?

> Only the ASCII characters numbered 32 (space) through 126 (tilde) may
> be used in proposals and rules.
	Okay.  That's a bit of a restriction, though, on who can join.
(Discrimination based on character set--how unenlightened.  :o)  I'd rather
see just an enumeration of those characters.  It's easy enough: 

- ---
The space character, the double quote character, and each of the 
characters in the following three lines may be used in messages:

! # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 : ; < = > ?
@ A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z [ \ ] ^ _
` a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z { | } ~

An e-mail message containing any other character does not constitute a 
message.
- ---

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 11:24:30 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Acka: Official: Ambassador 

I have recieved this message from the head pumpkin at the Pumpkin Patch and
am forwarding it along to all of you.

>Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 11:48:43 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Matthew David Westbrook <[email-masked]>
>X-Sender: [email-masked]
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: Official: Extraterestial Visitation
>Mime-Version: 1.0
>
>Greetings Snowgod, and welcome to the Patch. As you can see, we are a
>simple farming people, and have little knowledge of the outside world.
>(You may have noticed that some of us bear a curious resemblance to the
>vegetables we cultivate--I hope you will not let this disturb you. And pay
>no attention to the broken, burned, and mangled letters and words you see
>strewn about our gardens. They are relics of a more complicated time in
>our land. Perhaps sometime we will tell you their story.)
>
>Do you have an address that I can use to speak to your people as you have
>spoken to us?
>
>Dr. West,
>Pumpkin (i.e., "Speaker")
>Pumpkin Patch Nomic
>

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #278
*******************************