Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #265
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest     Saturday, September 28 1996     Volume 01 : Number 265

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 96 18:11:36 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1265 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1265
  Proposal 1265 - Fri Sep 20 11:15:55 EDT 1996
  Reducing the Scorekeeper's Workload
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 22 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

3 YES votes   13 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 7 points.  45 -> 38

3 YES votes:  3 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   38 -> 41           
  Brinjal                                      39 -> 42           
  /dev/joe               Vulcan                29 -> 32           

13 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  36               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  30               
  Bash                   Underworld           =  30               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  35               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  21               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  40               
  IdiotBoy               Underworld           =   1               
  fnord                                       =  33               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  breadbox                                    =  18               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  18               
  Uncle Sam              Underworld           =  36               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  32               

0 PRESENT votes:

7 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Bascule                FUN                  
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  snowgod                (None Yet)           
  skinny                                      
  Mohammed                                    

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 96 18:11:54 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1266 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1266
  Proposal 1266 - Fri Sep 20 14:05:25 EDT 1996
  The Office of the Official Moron
  Guy Fawkes  (Robert Shimmin)

Quorum met : 22 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

5 YES votes   10 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Guy Fawkes loses 7 points.  40 -> 33

5 YES votes:  3 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   41 -> 44           
  Habeous Corpus                               35 -> 38           
  /dev/joe               Vulcan                32 -> 35           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            33 -> 36           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            18 -> 21           

10 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  36               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  30               
  Bash                   Underworld           =  30               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  21               
  IdiotBoy               Underworld           =   1               
  fnord                                       =  33               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  breadbox                                    =  18               
  Uncle Sam              Underworld           =  36               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  32               

0 PRESENT votes:

8 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Brinjal                                     
  Bascule                FUN                  
  snowgod                (None Yet)           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  skinny                                      
  Mohammed                                    

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Tim                                         
  Dagny                                       

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 16:25:24 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Acka: Official Ambassador 

CFJ 101 has been judged true by Pascal, liason from Imperial Nomic 14.

Here is a repost of the call for judgement:
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Proposal 306 was accepted.
>
>Reasoning:
>
>Rule 209 tells us that:
>
>     A proposal passes if and only if all votes cast on it are in favor.
>
>Proposal 306 recieved three votes.  The nomics of Ackanomic, Agora, and
>Fascist 14 all voted FOR.  Thring abstained, and therefore did not *cast* a
>vote.  The only possible interpretation that the rules allow tells us that
>P306 was accepted.
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Imperial Nomic 14 has been selected to judge this.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 96 23:16:44 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1282

Proposal 1282 - Fri Sep 27 23:16:43 EDT 1996
Stock Split
IdiotBoy  (Matt Miller)

{{Each PFIdiotBoy shall be split into 2 PFIdiotBoy, until there exist 200
PFIdiotBoy. This rule takes precendence over all mutable rules.}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 96 23:38:07 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1283

Proposal 1283 - Fri Sep 27 23:38:07 EDT 1996
Surfing with Pseudo-Rules
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 594 to append the following as a new section, after section (iii):

(iv) If the specificaion or behaviour, attributes, etc, specified by 2
Blueprints is in conflict, the Blueprint which was created first has
precedence.  If the Blueprints were created at the same time, the one
which would appear first in an alphabetic list (using ASCII) of their
titles would hold precedence.  If this still does not resolve the
conflict, or the precedence cannot be determined with finality for any
reason, both Blueprints, and all gadgets made from each, are destroyed,
in a large yellow, pungent, cloud of dust, which remains in the
Inventor's home for 3 days.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 96 23:38:28 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1284

Proposal 1284 - Fri Sep 27 23:38:27 EDT 1996
Modesty and Pride
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 207 to add the following quoted text at the end of the 3rd
paragraph:

"Exception:  No points are awarded for voting NO on a proposal considered
to be Modest."

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 1109 as follows:

1) Change its title to "Modesty and Pride"

2) Add the following paragraphs after the second paragraph:

      {{All extant Grandiose Proposals, or those considered to be
Grandiose, are hereby stripped of their Grandiose designation.}}

      A proposal is considered to be Grandiose if and only if the author
of the proposal prefaces the proposal with the words "This is a Grandiose
proposal".

      Whenever a Grandiose Proposal is adopted, the author shall receive
an additional 6 point bonus above and beyond any other points received
for that proposal.  This is considered a scoring change based on the
content of the proposal.

      If a proposal appears to be designated as both Modest and Grandiose,
or it cannot be determined which designation should hold sway, the proposal
is declared invalid, and removed from voting consideration.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 96 23:38:52 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1285

Proposal 1285 - Fri Sep 27 23:38:51 EDT 1996
Bomb Shelter
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 973 to add the following at the end of the rule:

III.  Bomb Shelter

The President may build a Bomb Shelter for the community.  In addition
to any other requirements of this rule to do so, however, the President
must also pay A$500 in construction costs, or it will not be built.  Any
Bomb Shelter is destroyed 7 days after it is built by a rare species of
acidic mold.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 00:00:48 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 300 (tinan)

this is not a name has been chosen, and has 3 days to accept/decline.

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 300
  Subject: Going to Gaol
Initiator: Brinjal
    Judge: this is not a name (selected Sep 28, 1996, 00:04h EDT)
Judgement:

Statement:

IdiotBoy went to Gaol on Thursday September 26th.

Brinjal's Reasoning:

There is a three day grace period from time of sentence to actual
Gaoling of offenders. IdiotBoy was in the Cow Town Hotel at the
moment his three days elapsed. Shortly after this he left the Cow Town
Hotel and I, as Gaoler, attempted to put IdiotBoy behind bars.
Rule 710 "Criminal Justice", describes the process of Gaoling
criminals, and it is the interpretation of this rule which the judge
must consider.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 20:31:55 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Official: Inventor

	I have selected the blueprint for the Scroll of Crumble from the 
list of available blueprints, and having done so, am building one.  It 
shall be auctioned by me three days from now.

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 20:37:26 -0800 (AKDT)
From: "Phillip R. Ackley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ambassador's reques

Could COunt Tabula please initiate a vote on the matter of internomic 
proposal P307?  I had held off on requesting this vote until now, 
awaiting the results of "Amend 970".  However, since it failed due to 
striking, we have no choice but to initiate a public vote.

I am respectfully requesting that members of the underworld party refrain 
from casting NO votes on this matter as an extension of their strike.  
Internomic has had a hard enough time getting anything passed (due to 
various problems with other nomics) and ackanomic voting down a proposal 
in internomic over an internal dispute would seem petty,

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 01:33:20 GMT
From: Simon Clarke <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Home!

In a message dated Thursday 26, September 1996 IdiotBoy wrote :
> If the Gaoler can do this, I want my A$25 back!

I`m really not sure if I can either. But as Gaoler it seemed to be
my duty to try it. Whether what I described actually happened may
have to be determined by a CFJ (my reading of the rules leaves it
open to interpretation).

In the meantime, accepting that I have already received IBs fees for 
staying in Cow Town, and not wishing to seem greedy or vindictive, 
and not wishing either to cause possible multiple threads on this:

By rule 712 I hereby release IdiotBoy from Gaol - if indeed IdiotBoy
ever was in Gaol at all.

Brinjal.
Gaoler
Tough on crime - nice as pie to criminals

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 00:43:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: IdiotBoy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ambassador's reques

I think I can state with some authority that our strike does not extend
beyond our borders.  In fact, not beyond the proposed rules within our
borders.

IB
- --
IdiotBoy, as always, dumber than a box of hammers.
[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #265
*******************************