Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #261
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest     Thursday, September 26 1996     Volume 01 : Number 261

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:12:16 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Another new church

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> robert gene shimmin wrote:
> > 
> > Any thoughts on allowing players to join multiple churches?
> > 
> > I think Acka has room for polytheists.
> > 
> > Guy Fawkes
> 
> The proposal is already in the queue.  See previous post :)
> 
> Malenkai
> promoting polytheism
> I'll join all of them + form another
>
I see some real scam potential in Malenkai's proposal to allow a player to
become a member in multiple Churches.

Consider the followin. If any player can become a member of more than one
Church, than any four players, can form as many Churches as they like,
with the result that we could several different Churches with identical
memberships.
Specifying that Churches with identical memberships are either not
allowed, or considered to be the same Church is in sufficient, since the
same scame could be done with five players, forming five different
Churches each with only four of them.

Currently, Churches have no role in the game. But the possibility of this
scam means that if we allow Malenkai's ammendment. We can never give
Churches a role in the game, they're just so much dead-weight.

Usually Malenkai fixes up loop-holes, this time, unfortunately, he is
creating a giant one.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:14:01 +0200 (EET)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: G&C prop 101

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> Uri Bruck wrote:
> > 
> > G&C proposal 101
> > Habeus Corpus
> 
> I endorse this.  I was hoping to find something like this for something
> I was working on.  Accroding to R 1206, if you ignore the paradox (which
> I have submitted a CSR to hopefully fix), 4 other people need to endorse
> this for it to happen.
> 
> Need 3 more...
> 
> Is that the way this works, Niccolo?
>
Yes. That's the way it works. 
It's all in good fun, Malenkai.

Niccolo Flychuck
GamesMaster

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 06:30:14 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Churches

Rats,  everyone's beating me to the punch on new churches.

And some pretty neat ones too.  Beats anyting I could come up with.  If
"Polyethism"  passes,  I might still propose it;  but for now I'll see
how these do.  Good luck to all Church Founders.

Habeous Corpus

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 06:30:14 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: AMD

I publicly endorse my proposal for the AMD

Habeous Corpus

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 06:30:14 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Politeness Moon

Considering Techno's comments,  and the responses, maybe I should have
left the original name on Grab-a Donkey.  8-)

Habeous Corpus

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 13:21:50 +0000
From: " M.J.Blackler" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: ISP Probs

Hmm. ISP collapse _again_. It's probably down to 12000 or so undergraduates who
returned this week.

My mail server is refusing to send mail, although it is recieving it. I now
have this new account (on a Silicon Graphics Challenge! Hee! Hee!) but it
doesn't appear to be _recieving_ mail yet even though I know I can send stuff
out.

Until I get this sorted I'd better go on vacation. Expected duration 3 years
unless this University transmogrifies into an efficient organisation (the old
server was shut down completely last night while they tried to fix it but it's
still not working). You can still mail me at the old address, although I can
only reply from this address. One or t'other should be fully functional soon

Bascule

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 07:44:30 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Another new church

Now that churches may soon have economic power though, what's to prevent 
the same four people from forming twenty-odd churches to cash in many, 
many times over?

Guy Fawkes

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Malenkai wrote:

> robert gene shimmin wrote:
> > 
> > Any thoughts on allowing players to join multiple churches?
> > 
> > I think Acka has room for polytheists.
> > 
> > Guy Fawkes
> 
> The proposal is already in the queue.  See previous post :)
> 
> Malenkai
> promoting polytheism
> I'll join all of them + form another
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 05:35:40 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Re: acka: registrar 

>We have a returning player
>Jason Orendorff, Ackanomic name Mohammed
>[email-masked]
>
>Has rejoined Ackanomic
>
>We welcome him back.
>
>Niccolo Flychuck

Yes!

Welcome Back mohammed.  There will be great merriment and mirth in ackanomic!

snowgod
president
perhaps we need a holiday?

I offer A$100 for 50 PFmohammed
also: all bonds I hold @ 1 Cow Town Hotel

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** *
Amazing things happen when great minds work together.

That's why IdiotBoy is working closely with the underworld party to insure
that your investments will provide you with maximum cash flow and minimum
risk.  Only IdiotBoy actively promotes Waynenomics as part of his
investment package!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 05:35:47 -0900
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Re: acka: G&C prop 101 

>On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Malenkai wrote:
>
>> Uri Bruck wrote:
>> >
>> > G&C proposal 101
>> > Habeus Corpus
>>
>> I endorse this.  I was hoping to find something like this for something
>> I was working on.  Accroding to R 1206, if you ignore the paradox (which
>> I have submitted a CSR to hopefully fix), 4 other people need to endorse
>> this for it to happen.
>>
>> Need 3 more...
>>
>> Is that the way this works, Niccolo?
>>
>Yes. That's the way it works.
>It's all in good fun, Malenkai.
>
>Niccolo Flychuck
>GamesMaster
>

Make it two more!

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 09:15:25 +0200
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: I (Bash) have a new mail address

Please note that I have a new mail address you should forward
everything to from now on:

[email-masked]

Bash

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 08:45:43 -0500 (CDT)
From: Guy Fawkes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: registrar

I offer to buy 30 PFmohammed at 75 A$

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 08:50:23 -0600
From: Uncle Sam <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: G&C prop 101 

At 05:35 AM 9/26/96 -0900, you wrote:
>>On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Malenkai wrote:
>>
>>> Uri Bruck wrote:
>>> >
>>> > G&C proposal 101
>>> > Habeus Corpus
>>>
>>> I endorse this.  I was hoping to find something like this for something
>>> I was working on.  Accroding to R 1206, if you ignore the paradox (which
>>> I have submitted a CSR to hopefully fix), 4 other people need to endorse
>>> this for it to happen.
>>>
>>> Need 3 more...
>>>
>>> Is that the way this works, Niccolo?
>>>
>>Yes. That's the way it works.
>>It's all in good fun, Malenkai.
>>
>>Niccolo Flychuck
>>GamesMaster
>>
>
>Make it two more!
>
>snowgod

I endorse this.
I guess only 1 left.

Uncle Sam
I want you to join us in the Underworld

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 12:19:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: IdiotBoy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Home!

I'm leavin' Cow Town, heading to FunkyTown!

- --
IdiotBoy, as always, dumber than a box of hammers.
[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 12:44:04 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Home!

IdiotBoy wrote:
> 
> I'm leavin' Cow Town, heading to FunkyTown!

The transfer of A$25 to the Gaoler has been noted.

I believe you also owe A$25 to Malenkai's Loophole Service for
legal fees.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 13:21:01 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Another new church

Guy Fawkes wrote:
> 
> Now that churches may soon have economic power though, what's to prevent
> the same four people from forming twenty-odd churches to cash in many,
> many times over?

The answer is: The proposal which attempts to give them economic power
should account for the possibility of a player being in multiple
churches, if "Freedom of Religion" passes.

Churches had no economic power, or even an RFC for one, when I submitted
"Freedom of Religion".  In fact, they had no power by rule whatsoever
when I submitted "Freedom of Religion".  My view of a church is that it
is an organization where like minded people can get together and share
ideas, RFCs, etc.

I point out the the Church of the Markovian Dream has accomplished alot
*without* the rules giving it any power, so I personally see no need to
give Churches any of this extra baggage.

Under that definition, "Freedom of Religion" makes sense.  Under 
definitions which would make churches bureaucratic or economic powers,
it may not.  I'm happy with churches the way they work now.  I'd like
to participate in all of them where I share common ground with the
dogma and thoughts of their members, just as I would in the real world.

I see no need to develop churches beyond what they are now.  It is 
possible that such development will clash with "Freedom of Religion"
and promote scams, if not done properly.  Acka can now decide which
of these directions, if at all, churches can develop.

My preference, obviously, is for "Freedom of Religion".  Right now, without
it, churches are political parties without the unity vote and other 
stuff about parties I don't like.

Malenkai
wordy

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 13:47:30 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1277

Proposal 1277 - Thu Sep 26 13:47:30 EDT 1996
Guy Fawkes' Day
Guy Fawkes  (Robert Shimmin)

Create a new rule with the following text:

This rule takes precedence over all mutable rules which would conflict 
with its game effect in whole or in part.

November 5 of each year shall be designated an Ackanomic holiday called 
Guy Fawkes' Day.  On this day, the citizenry of Acka shall seize the 
player Guy Fawkes, should such an active player exist, carry him up and down 
the length of Yellow Roosevelt Avenue, and then burn him on the steps of the 
Senate (explicitly not as a witch).  Shortly after the burning (before 
the end of the Holiday), his ashes shall be taken to the Ackanomic Afterlife.

If the active player Guy Fawkes does not exist, the Ackanomic Institute 
of Genetic Replication, if such exists, will provide a clone for the 
occasion.  The clone's ashes shall not be carried to the Ackanomic Afterlife.

If neither the active player Guy Fawkes nor the Ackanomic Institute of 
Genetic Replication does not exist, any player who wishes to may create a 
cardboard cutout or other effigy by publically describing it.  More than one 
player may create such an effigy -- and all shall be burned.

Any active player may participate in the festivities by publically 
posting a description of the holiday or a poem specially written for the 
occasion.  At any rate, such a description or poem must be at least 8 
lines in length, excluding blank lines.  All players so participating the 
festivities will receive two points for so doing.  Guy Fawkes, if such an 
active player exists, must take part in the festivities, and considering 
the special pains he goes to for entertaining acka, receives not two but 
four points.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 13:47:53 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1278

Proposal 1278 - Thu Sep 26 13:47:53 EDT 1996
Flight of the Goose
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 1067 to replace all occurrances of:

      "No player may enter Cow Town except as specified in this rule." 

With:

      "No player may enter Cow Town except as specified in this rule.
Upon entering Cow Town, the guest shall have the Chartreuse Goose
transferred to him or her from wherever it is."

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 13:49:04 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1279

Proposal 1279 - Thu Sep 26 13:49:04 EDT 1996
Amend 682
Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Amend 682 to the following:

{{Note: this just changes (c) to read "...in (a) and (b) do.." instead of
"...in (a) and (c) do..." so as to stop (c) from making itself optional.
I've also made the format clearer by adding i and ii to each (a) and (b)}}

Rule 682/2 (Mutable)
For Personal Glory...
SnafuMoose (Stephen F Roberts)

     Preamble: Such that each player should be able to strike his own mark
upon AckaNomic; And that all future
     AckaCitizens should remember the exploits of those that went before
them; Let this rule be enacted. 

     (a) i. The official copy of the official rules should include with the
text of each rule the name of the originator of the
     rule and the date the rule was enacted. 

        ii. The originator's name should appear just below the title of the
proposal and before the text of the
     proposal. 

     (b) i. Likewise, any changes to the rules should be noted with the name
of the changer and the date the changes
     were enacted. 

        ii. The names of any changers should appear at the end of the rule,
after the body text of the rule, and
     before the beginning of the next rule. 

     (c) The requirements in (a) and (b) do not have to apply to rules
created before the enactment of this rule if
     such data is not known. 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 13:49:34 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1280

Proposal 1280 - Thu Sep 26 13:49:33 EDT 1996
Decked
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 1206 so that its title is "Games & Contests", and so that its text
reads:

      {{[I like the concept, but opposed the rule for various significant
technical reasons the first time.  Unfortunately, ex-nomic activity has
prevented me from dedicating much time to the game lately, so I could not
express my concerns in the RFC or voting stages.  In any case, I propose
to fix some potential problems with R 1206.]}}

      {{0.  All extant Games and Contests are destroyed.  All 
extant General Equipment, and the General Equipment Section created under
the auspices of previous versions of this rule is also destroyed.}}
 
      1.  There exists a class of entities known as Games & Contests,
hereafter, for the purposes of this Rule, known as "Games" (Game).

      2.  Games are listed on the Games & Contest web page which is
maintained by the GamesMaster.

      3.  The GamesMaster is a Functional Officer.  If the office of
GamesMaster is vacant, or the officer is on Vacation, it need not be filled
in an acting capacity, unless there is someone willing to do so.  This is
considered an alternate method for filling the office in an acting capacity
for the purposes of R 457.  This clause takes precedence over any mutable
rule concerning acting officers.
 
      4.  A listing for a Game consists of its name, the name of its
author(s), and a link to a full description which may, but need not be,
maintained on a seperate web page.

      5 a.  The Games & Contest web-page has a General Equipment Section,
which specifies entities that may be used with any of the Games & Contests
on the list.
      
        b. Entities from the General Equipment section have no influence
on any Ackanomic entities other than what is specified by this rule.

        c. Equipment for a Game or Contest is implicitly created when the
Game starts, and destroyed when the Game is over.
      
        d. It is permissible for a Game to create legal Decks, as long
as the Deck is defined by a "Description of a <name> Deck" rule.  The
created Deck is said to have no owner, unless the Game's description
specifies otherwise.
 
      6. Each Game or Contest must have a legal ackanomic name.

      7. The description for each Game must specify the following things,
even if that specification is the word "none":
         
          a. Entities from the General Equipment section which are used in
the specific Game or Contest.
     
          b. A list of entities specific to the Game, that can be used as
part of the Game or Contest. Section 5, subsections b-d are applicable to
the Game specific entities described in this section.

          c. Upper and lower limits on the number of participants in the
specific Game.  The minimum for the lower limit is 2.  The lower limit may
not be specified to exceed the upper limit.  Either limit may be specified
as an integer or or an expression such as "the number of active players
when an instance of the game is instantiated", so long as the previous
conditions of this sub-section are not violated.  If a limit is specified
as a non-integer, it shall be evaluated when the Game is instantiated,
and shall not "float" while the Game is in progress, unless the Game's
rules specify otherwise.
   
          d. The Rules for the Game.

          e. The number of referees, and how those referees are to be
chosen.  This must be a non-negative integer.  Referees may not win the
game, nor may they be penalized as a result of participation in an instance
of the Game.  They may receive no rewards other than A$, and such rewards
may not exceed A$10 per Game instance.  It is permissable to specify, or
conditionally specify, the GamesMaster as a referee, but referees other
than the GamesMaster are permissible.

          f. Conditions for winning the Game.
      
          g. Any additional information necessary to play that specific
Game.
      
      8. Games may not manipulate any Ackanomic entity, except as defined
in this Rule, and with the following specific exceptions:
      
          a. Games may specify transfer of currency between participants
in the specific Game, as entry fees, rewards or penalties, subject to
restrictions elsewhere in this rule.
      
          b. Games may specify a transfer of currency from the Treasury
to the Game (or a participant or referee therein), with an upper of limit
of A$50 per instance of a Game or a Contest.  A player may receive no
more than A$100 from the Treasury per 30 day period as a result of
participation in the same class of Game ("class" being defined as
the definition of a particular Game).  Any excess that would have been
received is disregarded.  It is a duty of the GamesMaster to track this.

          c. Games may add or subtract points from the score of a
participating player. The maximum number of points added or subtracted in
any specific instance of a Game is 8.  A player may receive no more than
20 points per 30 day period as a result of participation in the same
class of game.  Any excess that would have been received is disregarded.
This sub-section has precedence over R 906.  It is a duty of the
GamesMaster to track this.

      9. Games, or entities in the General Equipment Section, are added
to the Games & Contests web-page via either of the following procedures.
It is possible that application of these procedures will result in the item
being rejected, in which case its definition will have no legal authority
to manipulate Protected entities whatsoever.  The preceeding clause has
precedence over all others in this rule.  Rejected items may be added or
not added to the Games and Contests web-page at the discretion of the
GamesMaster, but all such must be clearly labelled as rejected.

        Procedure 1:

        a. By first sending a description of Game, or Entities for the
General Equipment section to the GamesMaster.

        b. The GamesMaster may reject the submission, by publically stating
he or she is doing so, with a brief explanation as to why.  This act
ends the procedure in this case.

        c. The GamesMaster distributes the description publically.
        
        d. The President, or the Senate, may reject a description within
7 days by publically announcing it is doing so.  In the case of the
Senate, it may only do so if it has voted to do so on the particular
game Game description in question.  These are considered Presidential
and Senatorial decisions, respectively.

        e. If at least 5 Active Players, or 10% of the Active Players,
whichever is greater, endorse the description within 7 days, it is
approved, otherwise it is rejected.  This sub-section defers precedence
to sub-sections b and d.

      Procedure 2:

        A Game or a an entity from the General Equipment section can be
added by a Proposal which has been submitted and accepted according to
the Ackanomic Rules.
      
       10. A Game or an entity from the General Equipment section
may only be removed by a proposal which has been submitted and accepted
according to the rules.

       11.  An instance of a Game may only be started in accordance
with its rules for doing so.  A player may not join an instance of
a Game in progress, except as specified in its rules.  Any Game should
be designed in such a way as to handle the contingency of any of its
players or referees quitting it at any time.  An instance of a Game
may not be started if there is no GamesMaster or acting GamesMaster,
or the GamesMaster is not an active player.
 
       12.  The GamesMaster may at any time declare an instance of a
game an "exibition" by publically announcing they are doing so, even while
it is in progress.  In this case, no points or currency shall be awarded
or transferred to, or among, the participants.  The GamesMaster is
discouraged from doing this, and should do so only under conditions of
abuse or other problems.
 
       13.  Participation in Games and Contests is voluntary. No player may
be forced to take part in a Game or a Contest, or be forced to be a
referee in one.  A player may leave a Game they are participating in at
any time.

       14.  Games and Contests are meant to be fun and to enhance Acka.
Using Games and Contests to loophole surf, scam, or otherwise abuse the
spirit and intent of this structure is in bad taste, and players are
permitted to sneer at this behaviour.

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 1155 as follows:

      1) delete all occurrances of the following text:

      An Eleusis Deck has 8 suits: Wands (!), Strudels (@), Pounds (#),
Dollars ($), Maces (%), Spears (^), Daemons (&), and Stars (*), and 15
ranks: Suber (S), Nomic (N), Monarch (M), Knave (K), Page (P), 10, 9, 8,
7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, Ace (A). In addition to the Normal Cards, there are
four indistinguishable Wild cards (W) in this Deck which have neither
suit nor rank nor color. In this deck, Wands and Strudels are blue, Pounds
and Dollars are green, Maces and Spears are black, and Daemons and Stars
are red.

      2) Replace the fifth paragraph with the following text:

      The definition of a particular deck may specify none, some, but not
all, of its cards as optional. Upon instantiation, the Acka Rule or 
Games and Contest rule which is creating the deck may specify the
exclusion of any or all of the optional cards in a deck.  If no such
specification is made, the optional cards are said to be included in that
instance of the deck.
 
      Decks may be used to play card games defined in the Acka Rules, or
rules for a Game or Contest, or other Ackanomic document which has the
legal authority to instantiate a deck, as the relavent rules specify.
Decks may not be instantiated by any document which has not been given 
explicit authority from the Rules to do so.

      Players may hold individual Cards while playing a card game but they
do not own those cards while doing so. While a Deck is being used to play
a card game, that deck may not be used in another card game.

      A deck does not have an owner, unless the instantiating document
says it does.  Decks may be used without being owned.  An unowned deck
is not tradable.

      Any rule which defines a Deck of Playing Cards must have a title of
the form: "Description of a <name> Deck", where name is replaced by a
legal Ackanonic name.

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create a new rule with title "Description of a Eleusis Deck" which reads:

      An Eleusis Deck has 8 suits: Wands (!), Strudels (@), Pounds (#),
Dollars ($), Maces (%), Spears (^), Daemons (&), and Stars (*), and 15
ranks: Suber (S), Nomic (N), Monarch (M), Knave (K), Page (P), 10, 9, 8,
7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, Ace (A). In addition to the Normal Cards, there are
four indistinguishable Wild cards (W) in this Deck which have neither
suit nor rank nor color. The Wild cards are optional. In this deck, Wands
and Strudels are blue, Pounds and Dollars are green, Maces and Spears
are black, and Daemons and Stars are red.

      {{Renumber this rule to 1156.}}
 
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 1185 so that its title is "Description of a Legacy Deck", and so
that its text is:

      A Legacy Deck of Cards has four suits: Spades (S), Hearts (H),
Diamonds (D), and Clubs (C), and 13 ranks: Ace (A), King (K), Queen (Q),
Jack (J), 10, 9, 8,7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2.  Spades and Clubs are black.
Hearts and Diamonds are red.

      There are also two Jokers in this Deck (?1, ?2). Jokers have no suit,
rank or color. Jokers are optional.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 13:50:31 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka nomicbot

#vote 1253 y

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 13:53:04 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: nomicbot

#vote 1276 y

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 13:58:07 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Re: Acka nomicstupid

I guess the Tabulator even makes mistakes sometimes!  :)

"#vote 1253 y"

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 14:02:50 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1244 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1244
  Proposal 1244 - Tue Sep 17 09:56:27 EDT 1996
  Fixing the incentive to vote NO
  Wayne  (Wayne Sheppard)

Quorum met : 22 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

9 YES votes   11 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Wayne loses 7 points.  18 -> 11

9 YES votes:  3 point each
  Bascule                FUN                    6 -> 9            
  Bash                   Underworld             9 -> 12           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            26 -> 29           
  Habeous Corpus                                2 -> 5            
  Techno                 Underworld             7 -> 10           
  IdiotBoy               Underworld            12 -> 15           
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  Uncle Sam              Underworld            15 -> 18           
  Wayne                  Underworld            11 -> 14           

11 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   2               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  16               
  Brinjal                                     =   3               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =   3               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  19               
  Vulcan Unity vote                           =   0               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =   6               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  25               
  fnord                                       =   9               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  breadbox                                    =   9               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  skinny                                      
  Mohammed                                    

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 14:03:28 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1245 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1245
  Proposal 1245 - Tue Sep 17 12:38:23 EDT 1996
  Surfing with Pseudo-Rules
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 22 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

11 YES votes   7 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 7 points.  16 -> 9

11 YES votes:  3 point each
  Robin Hood                                    2 -> 5            
  Malenkai               FUN                    9 -> 12           
  Brinjal                                       3 -> 6            
  ThinMan                Vulcan                 3 -> 6            
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan                19 -> 22           
  Bascule                FUN                    9 -> 12           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            29 -> 32           
  Habeous Corpus                                5 -> 8            
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            25 -> 28           
  fnord                                         9 -> 12           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)             6 -> 9            

7 NO votes:  
  Bash                   Underworld           =  12               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =   6               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  10               
  IdiotBoy               Underworld           =  15               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  Uncle Sam              Underworld           =  18               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  14               

1 PRESENT votes:
  breadbox                                     =   9

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  skinny                                      
  Mohammed                                    

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Tim                                         
  Dagny                                       

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 14:03:44 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1246 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1246
  Proposal 1246 - Tue Sep 17 12:38:46 EDT 1996
  No Business Like Gnome Business
  Guy Fawkes  (Robert Shimmin)

Quorum met : 22 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

7 YES votes   12 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Guy Fawkes loses 7 points.  28 -> 21

7 YES votes:  3 point each
  Brinjal                                       6 -> 9            
  ThinMan                Vulcan                 6 -> 9            
  Bascule                FUN                   12 -> 15           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            32 -> 35           
  Habeous Corpus                                8 -> 11           
  /dev/joe               Vulcan                 6 -> 9            
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            21 -> 24           

12 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  12               
  Robin Hood                                  =   5               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  22               
  Bash                   Underworld           =  12               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  10               
  IdiotBoy               Underworld           =  15               
  fnord                                       =  12               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   9               
  breadbox                                    =   9               
  Uncle Sam              Underworld           =  18               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  14               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  skinny                                      
  Mohammed                                    

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 14:04:06 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1247 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1247
  Proposal 1247 - Tue Sep 17 12:38:49 EDT 1996
  No more Paradox Wins.
  Techno  (Jerome Herrman)

Quorum met : 22 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

8 YES votes   11 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Techno loses 7 points.  10 -> 3

8 YES votes:  3 point each
  Bash                   Underworld            12 -> 15           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            35 -> 38           
  /dev/joe               Vulcan                 9 -> 12           
  Techno                 Underworld             3 -> 6            
  IdiotBoy               Underworld            15 -> 18           
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  Uncle Sam              Underworld            18 -> 21           
  Wayne                  Underworld            14 -> 17           

11 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   5               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  12               
  Brinjal                                     =   9               
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =   9               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  22               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  15               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  11               
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)           =  24               
  fnord                                       =  12               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   9               
  breadbox                                    =   9               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  skinny                                      
  Mohammed                                    

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Tim                                         
  Dagny                                       

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 14:04:25 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1248 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1248
  Proposal 1248 - Tue Sep 17 12:38:51 EDT 1996
  Modesty and Pride
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 22 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

9 YES votes   7 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 7 points.  12 -> 5

9 YES votes:  3 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                    5 -> 8            
  Brinjal                                       9 -> 12           
  ThinMan                Vulcan                 9 -> 12           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            38 -> 41           
  Habeous Corpus                               11 -> 14           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            24 -> 27           
  IdiotBoy               Underworld            18 -> 21           
  fnord                                        12 -> 15           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)             9 -> 12           

7 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   5               
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan               =  22               
  Bash                   Underworld           =  15               
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               =  12               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   6               
  Uncle Sam              Underworld           =  21               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  17               

2 PRESENT votes:
  Bascule                FUN                   =  15
  breadbox                                     =   9

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  skinny                                      
  Mohammed                                    

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Dagny                                       
  Tim                                         

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 96 14:04:54 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1249 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1249
  Proposal 1249 - Wed Sep 18 10:51:04 EDT 1996
  Patent Infringement
  mr cwm  (Eric Murray)

Quorum met : 22 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

9 YES votes   8 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

mr cwm loses 7 points.  12 -> 5

9 YES votes:  3 point each
  Robin Hood                                    5 -> 8            
  Malenkai               FUN                    8 -> 11           
  Brinjal                                      12 -> 15           
  Bascule                FUN                   15 -> 18           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            41 -> 44           
  Habeous Corpus                               14 -> 17           
  Guy Fawkes             (None Yet)            27 -> 30           
  fnord                                        15 -> 18           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)             5 -> 8            

8 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Vulcan               =  12               
  Bash                   Underworld           =  15               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   6               
  IdiotBoy               Underworld           =  21               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  breadbox                                    =   9               
  Uncle Sam              Underworld           =  21               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  17               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Niccolo Flychuck       Vulcan                =  22

5 ABSTENTIONS:
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  /dev/joe               Vulcan               
  skinny                                      
  Mohammed                                    

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Robert Sevin                                
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:
  Tim                                         
  Dagny                                       

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #261
*******************************