Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #187
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest      Wednesday, August 21 1996      Volume 01 : Number 187

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 13:50:54 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1136

Proposal 1136 - Tue Aug 20 13:50:53 EDT 1996
Acka is not a Vacation Club
Wayne  (Wayne Sheppard)

At the end of a cycle that lasted longer that 30 days, all players who
were on vacation the entire cycle shall be removed from the game.  Any
offices they held shall be vacated.  The players shall be treated as if
they quit the game.  They may rejoin in good standing if they so desire.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 19:27:07 +0000
From: Bascule <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Prop 1115 Fails

> Here are the voting results for : 1115
>   Proposal 1115 - Tue Aug 13 14:37:54 EDT 1996
>   Phoebe for President!
>   Bascule  (Matt Black)
> 
> Quorum met : 15 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes
> 
> 5 YES votes   9 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
> Proposal FAILS

I'm at a loss to understand the opposition to this proposal. It 
didn't create any extra work for anyone, and as far as I could tell, 
had no loopholes. Certainly no-one pointed any out. It would have 
required positive action from a lot of players before it would have 
had any effect, and wasn't hard to understand. So why vote against?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 16:37:47 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1137

Proposal 1137 - Tue Aug 20 16:37:46 EDT 1996
Jeremiah,  The Rather Average Looking Bullfrog
Habeous Corpus  (Ed Graham)

As I was hiking in the Wilds of Ackanomia a while ago,  I came across a
Rather Average Looking Bullfrog.  What prevented it from being Totally
Average was what stopped me from stepping on it and squishing it.

The Rather Average Looking Bullfrog could speak.  It spoke out and warned
me that it was underfoot. ("Watch where you're bloody well stepping,  you
jerk!" were it's exact words) Startled,  I jumped back a step or two (it
was later measured at half a kilometer) and stared at this Rather Average
Looking Bullfrog,  which obviously wasn't.

He introduced himself to me as Jeremiah,  claimed to be a direct
descendant of the Golden Frog,  and asked me for a drink.  Jeremiah,  
the Rather Average Looking Bullfog is apparently a lush.  I picked him up
and carried him back to my house,  where we shared a bottle of wine or
twelve.  Over the course of the evening,  we devised the following
Proposal:

Create a Rule Entitled,  "Jeremiah,  The Rather Average Looking
Bullfrog";  with text:

1.  An Ackanomic Entity titled "Jeremiah the Rather Average Looking
Bullfrog" exists.  For the duration of this Rule,  the Entity shall be
referred to as "JRALB".  JRALB may not be owned,  bought or sold.  It may
not be destroyed except as defined in this Rule.

2.  JRALB will visit various Players randomly,  as determined by the
Officer in charge of random things. If no Officer is in charge of random
things, this duty shall fall to the Registrar, unless e indicates that e
can't be bothered, in which case this duty falls to the Speaker.  Visits
from JRALB will last at most one week from the date JRALB's visit is
posted on the Public forum except as otherwise specified in this Rule.

3.  At any time during JRALB's visit,  the Player being visited may buy
JRALB a drink.  Drinks for JRALB cost A$5,  A$10,  A$20,  or A$50.  When
a Player buys JRALB a drink,  e does so by posting a message to that
effect to the Tabulator,  Assistant Tabulator,  Acting Tabulator or
Acting Assistant Tabulator,  if those positions exist.  If they do not
exist,  the Speaker will accept these postings.  Whenever a Player buys
JRALB a drink,  JRALB will cast a vote on any one (1) Proposal of the
Player's choice still open for voting.  JRALB will cast his vote in the
following manner:
   a)  Upon buying JRALB a drink for A$5,  and specifying which Proposal
JRALB is casting a vote for,  the Tabulator (et al.) will roll a four (4)
sided die;  if the roll comes up 1,  then JRALB abstains;  if the roll
comes up 2,  then JRALB votes Present;  if the roll comes up 3,  JRALB
votes AGAINST;  if the rolls comes up 4,  JRALB votes FOR.
   b)  Upon buying JRALB a drink for A$10,  then the Tabulator (et al.)
rolls a five (5) sided die with the same conditions as above except:  if
the roll comes out either a 4 or a 5,  JRALB votes FOR.
   c)  Upon buying JRALB a drink for A$20,  then the Tabulator (et al.)
rolls a six (6) sided die with the same conditions as above except:  if
the roll comes out a 4,  a 5 or a 6,  JRALB votes FOR.
   c)  Upon buying JRALB a drink for A$50,  then the Tabulator (et al.)
rolls a seven (7) sided die with the same conditions as above except:  if
the roll comes out a 4,  a 5, a 6, or a 7,  JRALB votes FOR.

4.  After casting a vote,  or after seven days from the start of his
visit if no vote was cast,  JRALB will cease visiting the Player and find
a new Player to visit,  unless one or more of the following conditions
are met:
   a)  If the Player currently visited by JRALB buys another drink, 
JRALB will decide as described above for voting whether to remain another
week.
   b)  If the Player currently being visited by JRALB,  after buy a A$50
drink,  becomes outraged by the vote cast by JRALB,  e may step on JRALB,
 killing him.  The Player will pay a penalty in Points equal to the
number of Points e would have been entitled to had the Proposal voted on
by JRALB passed and a cleanup fee of A$50.  If the Player kills JRALB, 
any vote cast by JRALB will be considered null and void,  as if the vote
were never cast.  JRALB will cease to exist;  but his Undead will visit
the Undead of Players and mooch drinks.  Of course,  no one can keep
track of JRALB's Undead and his drinking binges,  and his Undead is
incapable of voting.

5.  This Rule takes Precedence over all other Mutable Rules concerning
the Creation or Destruction of Ackanomic Entities,  Entity Voting or the
allocation of Points based on Voting or Proposals.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 15:51:31 -0500
From: [email-masked] (Jason Reed)
Subject: Re: Ackanomic Digest V1 #186 

>One comment, which I might have made earlier had I not been RFCs at the
>time :)
>You've got grammar and vocabulary mixed up.

Have I? I was under the understanding that grammar was a description of how
words were constructed and used, and vocab a mapping from a language to
another. Admittedly the list of phonemes and graphemes isn't much of the
grammar yet, but it doesn't seem to fit under the vocabulary.

>Niccolo Flychuck

- ---Pascal---
Wearing A Silly Vacation Hat.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 00:01:28 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic Digest V1 #186

On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Jason Reed wrote:

> 
> >One comment, which I might have made earlier had I not been RFCs at the
> >time :)
> >You've got grammar and vocabulary mixed up.
> 
> Have I? I was under the understanding that grammar was a description of how
> words were constructed and used, and vocab amapping from a language to
> another. Admittedly the list of phonemes and graphemes isn't much of the
> grammar yet, but it doesn't seem to fit under the vocabulary.

That part fits under neither. The description of prefixes and suffixes I
wouldn't place under vocabulary though. I'll have to loog up more formal
definitios before I can comment extensively - either way, something seems
terribly mixed to me.

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 15:58:52 -0500
From: [email-masked] (Jason Reed) 
Subject: [none]

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 19:40:25 +0200
>From: Niklas Mellin <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: RFC: Furtherly Harfishness.
>
>Jason Reed wrote:
>>
>> The Language Harfish:
>
>[etc, etc]
>
>What is going on here? Why are you describing the Swedish language, and why
>do you call it Harfish? :-)

Er, this is similar to sweedish? I wasn't aware of that. I just picked some
of my favorite phonemes from english, latin, esperanto, etc. Harfish is
from 'Harfy', a term introduced by a really really old proposal that tried
to make certain rules 'harfy'.

>- ---
>Mellon,
>Wearing a Silly Vacation Hat

- ---Pascal---
Wearing A Silly Vacation Hat.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 23:24:07 +0200
From: Niklas Mellin <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: RFC: Furtherly Harfishness.

Jason Reed wrote:
>
> I wrote: 
> >Jason Reed wrote:
> >>
> >> The Language Harfish:
> >
> >[etc, etc]
> >
> >What is going on here? Why are you describing the Swedish language, and 
> >why do you call it Harfish? :-)
> 
> Er, this is similar to sweedish? I wasn't aware of that. I just picked some
> of my favorite phonemes from english, latin, esperanto, etc. Harfish is
> from 'Harfy', a term introduced by a really really old proposal that tried
> to make certain rules 'harfy'.
> Are you saying that you don't know Swedish? Everyone knows Swedish!
If you don't know Swedish, try to find some channel that has reruns of good
old Muppet Show. Remember that Swedish Chef? He'll be glad to teach you :-)

Mellon,
Wearing a Silly Vacation Hat

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 16:57:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Prop 1115 Fails

> > Here are the voting results for : 1115
> >   Proposal 1115 - Tue Aug 13 14:37:54 EDT 1996
> >   Phoebe for President!
> >   Bascule  (Matt Black)
> > 
> > Quorum met : 15 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes
> > 
> > 5 YES votes   9 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
> > Proposal FAILS
> 
> I'm at a loss to understand the opposition to this proposal. It 
> didn't create any extra work for anyone, and as far as I could tell, 
> had no loopholes. Certainly no-one pointed any out. It would have 
> required positive action from a lot of players before it would have 
> had any effect, and wasn't hard to understand. So why vote against?

It was just annoying to make all those changes just to allow a non-player
to hold an office.  If you want to get rid of the president, and assign
his duties and privileges to somebody else, just do so.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 18:10:39 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Bob proposal

From the "Bob" proposal:

> The CSRR is given the tile [sic] of Bob Harfer. [...]

I wonder if the rule entitled "Spelling Errors" will allow
an interpretation of what was intended, or if the Spelling
Bee could change this.

Otherwise, are there any other tiles in play?  Perhaps the
Bob Harfer tile can be integrated with Eleusis or Otzma
cards :)

Malenkai
Not wearing a silly vacation hat

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 17:21:53 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Registrarness (new player)

Brian Raiter (former observer) chose his Ackanomic Name and has become
a player.  His Ackanomic Name is breadbox.
His new domain name is working now too, so his e-mail address is
[email-masked]

He gets a house & some land (which I will update when I have the chance),
some A$ (the financier can tell him how much), 100 PFbonds, and the
Whamiol gives its owner 15 points.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 17:28:39 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Bob proposal

> >From the "Bob" proposal:
> 
> > The CSRR is given the tile [sic] of Bob Harfer. [...]
> 
> I wonder if the rule entitled "Spelling Errors" will allow
> an interpretation of what was intended, or if the Spelling
> Bee could change this.

The Spelling Bee can do it, since it seems that "title" was the
intended word.  Section 5a)c) of the spelling bee rule allows
exactly this kind of change.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 18:36:36 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Harfmeister

I am declaring P 1135 "Harfish Linguistics", Harfy.  That seems obvious
to me, despite any debates about vocabulary and grammar.

I could not stop laughing whilst reading P 1137 "Jeremiah,  The Rather
Average Looking Bullfrog", especially the part about being squished.
I suppose side splitting laughter is a criteron for Harfyness, and so
this proposal shall be declared.

My only problem with it is the preamble, which I presume makes a seperate
new rule, per game custom.

I note that 3 proposals in the queue are now declared Harfy; that
is the limit.

Malenkai
Harfmeister

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 18:03:35 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Prop 1117 Passes

> Proposal PASSES

> Proposal 1117 - Tue Aug 13 14:42:14 EDT 1996
> Blue Cross Automation Again
> /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

OK, let's take our fun procedure step by step.

>  0. The following steps are executed, in order:
>  
>  i. All Undead stop haunting all Blue Crosses, Silver Stripes, Gold Stripes,
>  and Blue Cross Bonuses.  All Blue Crosses, Silver Stripes, Gold Stripes, and
>  Blue Cross Bonuses are destroyed.

Get rid of all the old stuff.

>  ii. A Blue Cross Bonus is given to Robert Sevin.
>  iii. A Blue Cross Bonus is given to Wayne.
>  iv. An unowned Blue Cross Bonus with Mohammed's name on it is created and
>  stored in the Treasury, and the Undead named Mohammed begins haunting it.
>  v. A Blue Cross Bonus is given to /dev/joe. 

This is easy enough.

>  vi. A Blue Cross Bonus is given to each player who would have been given
>  a Blue Cross Bonus between the time the proposal which created this rule
>  was distributed and the time it was accepted, had section 3 of this rule
>  been in effect since the proposal was distributed.

Hmm, Simon Marty Harriman might have qualified here (or maybe not; section 3
doesn't list leaving the game as a way to get a blue cross) but in any case
he is not a player now so he doesn't get one here.  Snowgod wasn't a
senator for long enough, so nobody gets a blue cross bonus by this clause.

>  1. Each player has a Blue Cross Rank; it is a non-negative integer.
>  At all times, a player's Blue Cross Rank is equal to the number of
>  proposals he submitted which have been accepted, plus an additional 10
>  if he has a Blue Cross Bonus.

>  4. A player with a Blue Cross Rank of 20 or more qualifies for a Blue Cross.
>  
>    a. For each 40 points of Blue Cross Rank above 20 that a player has, he
>       qualifies for a Gold Stripe.  For each 10 points of Blue Cross Rank a
>       player with a Blue Cross has beyond that required for his Blue Cross
>       and all his Gold Stripes, he qualifies for a Silver Stripe.

By my count, these are the Blue Cross Ranks of the players eligible for a
Blue Cross now (some of them are also eligible for one or more stripes):

Robert Sevin: 40
Wayne: 21
Calvin N Hobbes: 22
Malenkai: 67
/dev/joe: 48
Niccolo Flychuck: 25

These would be eligible for a Blue Cross if they were still players:

pTang1001001sos: 21
Mohammed: 28

In the future, I will only list Blue Crosses and Stripes on the player list
page and the undead page.  In the proposals by player, only blue cross ranks
and blue cross bonuses will be listed.

>  6. A player with at least one Gold Stripe shall have the title "Officer of
>  the Blue Cross."  A player with four Gold Stripes shall have the title
>  "Commander of the Blue Cross".

Malenkai will be the game's first Officer of the Blue Cross as soon as
somebody gives him his gold stripe.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 19:25:27 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Blue Crosses

I am awarding the following Blue Crosses and Silver Stripes.  A parade
is optional.

1) I am awarding Robert Sevin a Blue Cross and 2 Silver Stripes.

R. S. was an early Speaker and our first President, and he contributed 
greatly towards building our game and giving it its distinctive Harfy
flavor. As Publicist, he was also responsible for recruiting many of
our current players, and growing the game.  We anxiously await his
return.

2) I am awarding Wayne a Blue Cross.  

Wayne has also been in the game from the beginning, and his hard work has
kept the game running smoothly.  I note that Wayne introduced the concept
of Protection along time ago (P 392, P 428, and to some extent, 
initiating CFJ 113). I note that both proposals were rejected at the
time.  Wayne was ahead of his time. 

(I wonder if Wayne would trade in that Cross for a repeal of the Gnome? :))

3) I am awarding Calvin N Hobbes a Blue Cross.

CnH has written 99 proposals, and most of the major structures (government,
currency and finance, buildings, etc) can be traced to his creativity.
He also co-founded the coolest political party in the game :).  We
anxiously await his return.

4) I am awarding /dev/joe a Blue Cross and 2 silver stripes.

I don't think too much needs to be said about the work for this game 
/dev/joe does.  He has also worked tirelessly to clean up the ruleset
to the game is more accessable to new players and less vulnerable to
Loophole Surfers [:(].

5) I am awarding Niccolo Flychuck a Blue Cross.

As snowgod pointed out, Niccolo's hard work on Party Chess has finally
paid off.  All we need is a Chess-Umpire.  I also thought the Oztma
cards were cool, and am anxiously awaiting Eleusis.

Malenkai
ProConsul

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 19:35:47 -0400
From: this is not a name <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Official: Blue Cross

[the crowd files into the square in front of the Senate, fresh from 
Malenkai's award ceremony for a bunch of other players.]

[this is not a name approaches the podium, and says:]

Greetings, fellow Ackanomians. Today it is my pleasure to award an 
outstanding player his well-deserved medals, which I've ordered for the 
occasion from our friends at the Frobozz Magic Medal Company, Ackanomic 
Division. 

Malenkai has been in the game longer than I have, in two separate 
installments. In both, he has shown himself to be a skilled, 
knowledgeable and devoted player.

I now bestow upon Malenkai a Blue Cross and four Silver Stripes.

[the crowd goes wild, then hushes as it watches the intensely beautiful 
pyrotechnic display as the four Silver Stripes fuse into one Gold Stripe]

I proclaim Malenkai the first Officer of the Blue Cross.

[the crowd goes even wilder; soon they'll be swinging from trees and 
eating bananas. then again, we already have a brass monkey...]

- --      Mike Epstein            "The one function that TV news performs
      [email-masked]           very well is that when there is no 
  *                      *       news we give it to you with the same
http://www.nyiq.net/~epstein/    emphasis as if it were."
                                                       --David Brinkley

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 18:46:50 -0500
From: T Joffrain <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Blue Crosses 

>3) I am awarding Calvin N Hobbes a Blue Cross.

Thanks Malenkai, but I already have one (more than 20 passed proposals).
Unless it was taken from me I guess.

And when does my forced vacation end?

CnH

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 18:52:35 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Blue Crosses

> >3) I am awarding Calvin N Hobbes a Blue Cross.
> 
> Thanks Malenkai, but I already have one (more than 20 passed proposals).
> Unless it was taken from me I guess.

My fix to the Blue Cross rule took away all the Blue Crosses and Stripes
and let new ones be awarded, because I changed the conditions slightly.

> And when does my forced vacation end?

As soon as you publicly announce that you are returning from vacation;
we fixed the vacation rule a few weeks ago (and fixed it again, and again,
and again ... but the main fix to let vacationers return from vacation
passed July 30th).

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 20:32:08 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Proposal 1132

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Proposal 1132 - Tue Aug 20 00:16:21 EDT 1996
> Fixing a Loophole I almost Surfed but thought better of
> Malenkai  (Randy Hall)
> 
> Amend R 824, "Consecutive Passages", to read in full:

I am retracting this proposal.  I am submitting a fix with tinan's
suggested wording changes.  I encourgage some yes votes on the
fixed version; the amount of points that can be racked up under the
current version is stunning.

Malenkai
 
>       If 10 or more consecutive proposals are accepted, the Brass
> Monkey shall climb the tallest building in Acka Land and proclaim --
> 
>       "The authors of the consecutive proposals that were accepted shall
> be awarded 5 bonus points."
> 
>       After this proclamation, the Scorekeeper shall increment the
> scores of each author of a proposal in the consecutive streak by 5 points
> for each proposal accepted in that streak, with a maximum of 15 points
> per distinct author.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 23:23:42 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFJ 266 (Mellon)

Mellon has been selected, and has 3 days to accept/decline.

Clerk of the Courts
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call For Judgement 266
  Subject: Scoring question
Initiator: /dev/joe
    Judge: Mellon (selected Aug 20, 1996, 11:26h New York Time)

Statement:

If a short, harfy, modest proposal containing the words "cows eat grass"
is accepted, then the points for the proposal being short, harfy, and
containing "cows eat grass" are halved, by rule 1109.

/dev/joe's reasoning:

	[none - Cotc]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 23:41:38 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1138

Proposal 1138 - Tue Aug 20 23:41:38 EDT 1996
Jeremiah,  The Rather Average Looking Bullfrog
Habeous Corpus  (Ed Graham)

As I was hiking in the Wilds of Ackanomia a while ago,  I came across a
Rather Average Looking Bullfrog.  What prevented it from being Totally
Average was what stopped me from stepping on it and squishing it.

The Rather Average Looking Bullfrog could speak.  It spoke out and warned
me that it was underfoot. ("Watch where you're bloody well stepping,  you
jerk!" were it's exact words) Startled,  I jumped back a step or two (it
was later measured at half a kilometer) and stared at this Rather Average
Looking Bullfrog,  which obviously wasn't.

He introduced himself to me as Jeremiah,  claimed to be a direct
descendant of the Golden Frog,  and asked me for a drink.  Jeremiah,  
the Rather Average Looking Bullfog is apparently a lush.  I picked him up
and carried him back to my house,  where we shared a bottle of wine or
twelve.  Over the course of the evening,  we devised the following
Proposal:

Create a Rule Entitled,  "Jeremiah,  The Rather Average Looking
Bullfrog";  with text:

1.  An Ackanomic Entity titled "Jeremiah the Rather Average Looking
Bullfrog" exists.  For the duration of this Rule,  the Entity shall be
referred to as "JRALB".  JRALB may not be owned,  bought or sold.  It may
not be destroyed except as defined in this Rule.

2.  JRALB will visit various Players randomly,  as determined by the
Officer in charge of random things. If no Officer is in charge of random
things, this duty shall fall to the Registrar, unless e indicates that e
can't be bothered, in which case this duty falls to the Speaker.  Visits
from JRALB will last at most one week from the date JRALB's visit is
posted on the Public forum except as otherwise specified in this Rule.

3.  At any time during JRALB's visit,  the Player being visited may buy
JRALB a drink.  Drinks for JRALB cost A$5,  A$10,  A$20,  or A$50.  When
a Player buys JRALB a drink,  e does so by posting a message to that
effect to the Tabulator,  Assistant Tabulator,  Acting Tabulator or
Acting Assistant Tabulator,  if those positions exist.  If they do not
exist,  the Speaker will accept these postings.  Whenever a Player buys
JRALB a drink,  JRALB will cast a vote on any one (1) Proposal of the
Player's choice still open for voting.  JRALB will cast his vote in the
following manner:
   a)  Upon buying JRALB a drink for A$5,  and specifying which Proposal
JRALB is casting a vote for,  the Tabulator (et al.) will roll a four (4)
sided die;  if the roll comes up 1,  then JRALB abstains;  if the roll
comes up 2,  then JRALB votes Present;  if the roll comes up 3,  JRALB
votes AGAINST;  if the rolls comes up 4,  JRALB votes FOR.
   b)  Upon buying JRALB a drink for A$10,  then the Tabulator (et al.)
rolls a five (5) sided die with the same conditions as above except:  if
the roll comes out either a 4 or a 5,  JRALB votes FOR.
   c)  Upon buying JRALB a drink for A$20,  then the Tabulator (et al.)
rolls a six (6) sided die with the same conditions as above except:  if
the roll comes out a 4,  a 5 or a 6,  JRALB votes FOR.
   c)  Upon buying JRALB a drink for A$50,  then the Tabulator (et al.)
rolls a seven (7) sided die with the same conditions as above except:  if
the roll comes out a 4,  a 5, a 6, or a 7,  JRALB votes FOR.

4.  After casting a vote,  or after seven days from the start of his
visit if no vote was cast,  JRALB will cease visiting the Player and find
a new Player to visit,  unless one or more of the following conditions
are met:
   a)  If the Player currently visited by JRALB buys another drink, 
JRALB will decide as described above for voting whether to remain another
week.
   b)  If the Player currently being visited by JRALB,  after buy a A$50
drink,  becomes outraged by the vote cast by JRALB,  e may step on JRALB,
 killing him.  The Player will pay a penalty in Points equal to the
number of Points e would have been entitled to had the Proposal voted on
by JRALB passed and a cleanup fee of A$50.  If the Player kills JRALB, 
any vote cast by JRALB will be considered null and void,  as if the vote
were never cast.  JRALB will cease to exist;  but his Undead will visit
the Undead of Players and mooch drinks.  Of course,  no one can keep
track of JRALB's Undead and his drinking binges,  and his Undead is
incapable of voting.

5.  This Rule takes Precedence over all other Mutable Rules concerning
the Creation or Destruction of Ackanomic Entities,  Entity Voting or the
allocation of Points based on Voting or Proposals.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 23:41:55 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1138

Proposal 1138 - Tue Aug 20 23:41:55 EDT 1996
Fixing a Loophole I almost Surfed but thought better of
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)
 
Amend R 824, "Consecutive Passages", to read:
 
       If 10 or more consecutive proposals are accepted, the Brass
Monkey shall climb the tallest building in Acka Land and proclaim --
 
       "The authors of the consecutive proposals that were accepted shall
be awarded 5 bonus points."
 
       After this proclamation, the Scorekeeper shall increment the
scores of each author of a proposal in the consecutive streak by 5 points
for each of their proposals accepted in that streak, with a maximum of
15 points per distinct author.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 23:42:11 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1139

Proposal 1139 - Tue Aug 20 23:42:11 EDT 1996
Undead end of cycle fixes
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Amend rule 666 as follows:

Add this section to the beginning:
{{ [Since Rule 964 takes precedence, the Undead with CGE's did not lose them
   at the end of the cycle.]
   The undeads Simon Marty Harriman, Kelly Martin, and The Great Old One
   stop haunting all Chartreuse Goose Eggs.  Then, all Chartreuse Goose
   Eggs in the Treasury are destroyed. }}

Change section b from:
 "b) All Chartreuse Goose Eggs and Right-Handed Grapefruit are eliminated."
to:
 "b) All Undead stop haunting all Chartreuse Goose Eggs and Right-Handed
     Grapefruit.  Then, all Chartreuse Goose Eggs and Right-Handed
     Grapefruit are destroyed."

Change section f from:
  "f) In every instance where a Player owns Bonds issued in another Player's
   name, 25% (round up) of such Bonds will revert back to the Player in
   whose name the Bonds were issued."
to:
  "f) In every instance where a Player owns or an Undead haunts Bonds or
   Bond Promissories associated with a Player or Undead other than 
   emself, 25% (round up) of such Bonds or Promissories revert back to the
   Player or Undead they are associated with.  Each Undead haunts or stops
   haunting Bonds and Promissories as necessary to achieve the above
   exchange, and Promissories returning to Undead go into the Treasury."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 23:44:08 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Proposal 1138

I'm sure many of you people will recognize this proposal as one already
distributed.  I sent it out again by mistake.  Please ignore this proposal.
=================

Proposal 1138 - Tue Aug 20 23:41:38 EDT 1996
Jeremiah,  The Rather Average Looking Bullfrog
Habeous Corpus  (Ed Graham)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 00:04:15 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Senate

The nomination for office of senate is over (SMH's seat).
The nominee was /dev/joe.

No election is necessary.  /dev/joe is senator.

Malenkai
Speaker

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #187
*******************************