Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #185
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Tuesday, August 20 1996       Volume 01 : Number 185

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 13:26:24 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  Vacation 

>mr cwm wrote:
>>
>> To:   Ackanomians
>> From: mr cwm
>>
>> I hereby place myself on vacation.  My expected date of return is 12 SEP
>> 96.  Don't kill the Gnome or round the Earth while I'm gone :)
>
>I shall be acting Justice.  I am still not sure of the state of CFJ 251
>and CFJ 265 appeals.  Hopefully the justices have reached verdicts
>before mr cwm left, and I can simply rubber stamp them.
>
>Also, did snowgod officially go on vacation?  If so, I appoint Niccolo
>Flychuck as acting president.  I can't find the e-mail though, so mabye
>this does not occur.
>
>Malenkai
>Speaker
>In a rush

I have not officially gone on vacation.  I will soon.

snowgod

snowgod

Ackanomic Ambassador - Liason to Internomic - President
Inventor - Former Senator (seat a)  - Heretic (4 times!) - Former CSRR
Founder, Church of the Markovian Dream - Member, None Yet
Wearing a prosthetic forehead - Fighting Forehead Discrimination

"Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot"

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 16:38:23 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Official: Vacation 

I am placing myself on vacation.  The expected duration of my vacation is 6
days.

I may return sooner if I am able to juryrig a mailing solution.

snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 20:41:15 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Official: Vacation

Phil Ackley wrote:
> 
> I am placing myself on vacation.  The expected duration of my vacation is 6
> days.
> 
> I may return sooner if I am able to juryrig a mailing solution.
> 
> snowgod

I shall now make Niccolo Flychuck Acting President.

Malenkai
Speaker

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 21:04:43 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Re: Peace and Quiet

On Monday,  19 Aug 96,  Malenkai wrote:
>stuff...
Note that Locations, P 1108 which was recently accepted, added a
subparagraph (iii) b).  I guess we could have 2 subparagraphs b), but it
would be cleaner to retract and resubit.  Given that "Song of the 
Gaolbird" was rejected, this proposal may lose some of its punch.

Your right of course.  Without "Song of the Gaolbird" this Proposal does
not make much sense.  I will have to retract it and accomplish a major
rewrite to take into account any future Gaolhouse activities that _might_
pass.  

BTW - Congrats on a NON-CFJ win.  

Habeous Corpus
<How many ants would have to fart simultaneously before anyone noticed?-
Harry Harrison>

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 21:04:43 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Re: Oops

On Monday 19 Aug 96,  Pascal wrote:
>Stuff...
P's instead of f's, since there are no f's in harfish, as of yet, and the
p's make a pf sort of sound. Oh well. No big deal.

Don't sweat it,  Pascal.  I have problems with foreign alphabets,  too. 
I like your harfy concept.  I think I'll suggest to Malenkai that e make
this Rule harfy.  

I would like to suggest another word for your harfy vocabulary:  NARPV
{pronounced narf}  It means decidedly UN-harfy.  It goes beyond boring or
redundant to repulsive in an asthetic way,  not in any way meant to
demean the usefulness or legality of a Proposal.  Should be saved only
for the dullest,  dryest,  most verbose forms of legalese.  Much like a
couple of my RFC's.

Habeous Corpus
<How many ants would have to fart simultaneously before anyone noticed?-
Harry Harrison>

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 21:15:18 -0500
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re: Acka: Official: Accounts

Malenkai wrote:
>John Bollinger wrote:
>> 
>> Ackazens,
>> 
>> Here are the most recent financial account standings.  They should be
>> fully up-to-date, and now include the assets haunted by the  undead.
>
>> List of accounts as of 8/15/96
>
>I assume this report is post end of cycle, and the date is a typo?

Malenkai is correct.  The accounts are post end-of-cycle; the date is
left over from the previous report.  My cut-and-paste job was slightly
sloppy.  Apologies.

ThinMan
Financier

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #185
*******************************