Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #180
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Saturday, August 17 1996       Volume 01 : Number 180

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 01:37:43 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Registrarness

We have a new observer, Rhonda Landreth, whose e-mail address
is [email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 96 09:35:01 BST
From: R Shaw <[email-masked]>
Subject: Ackanomic: Party Chess 

  I hereby purchase 1 copycat, 1 il-Nabi, 1 echo and 10 pawns, in that
order.  
I will also be a spectator for party chess.

 Robin Hood

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 01:29:26 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Official 

Malenkai, one of Ackanomic's most prolific author's, has become eligible
for another Silver Stripe.  It is, therefore, with great pleasure that I
award him the shiny new Silver Stripe that I have had minted by the Frobozz
Magic Medal Company, Ackanomic Division for this occasion.

May it be worn with pride and honor!

[as the crowd goes wild, snowgod wonders how Malenkai's clothing can hold
the weight of all that metal on his chest without sagging or ripping????]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 06:46:05 EDT 
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Re: CFJ 263 Verdict

Malenkai,  while I agree that Rules 594 and 786 need some work,  I don't
agreee that renaming Gadgets will create a Paradox.  One of the things
that snowgod wrote into Rule 594 was that Blueprints do not create a
specific entity,  but a "class" of entity.  As a matter of fact,  there
may be a problem with all the auctions of Gadgets ever held because
snowgod did not give the Gadets that were built individual, unique names
for each entity built and sold.  This would not necessarily create a
Paradox,  either;  but may invalidate the sales. (With the Electronic
Potate thing,  Wayne's gonna have fits if this turns out to be the case).
 It could be argued,  however,  that each owner of a Gadget needs to name
eir own entity after purchase at auction.  

Question:  Can an Acka Entity exist that has a specified Classification, 
but no explicit name?  Is there a specific Rule regulating this,  or may
we use R115 to call an unamed Entity anything we wish,  as long as other
Rules are obeyed?  This may more properly lead to a CFCJ than a CFJ
looking for a Paradox.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 14:12:17 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Registrarness

It is my duty as acting registrar to announce:
  ThinMan is on ice.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:08:47 -0500
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Acka: Official 

I hereby return from vacation.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:13:57 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Official: Vulcan Party Charter

Announcing a new Political Party for Ackanomic:  Vulcan

Official Charter of the Vulcan Party - August 16, 1996

Vulcan exists. (See R457 item 1).

The initial members of Vulcan are:
/dev/joe, Niccolo Flychuck, and ThinMan

1. The goal of the Vulcan party is to repeal or rewrite illogical
rules in the existing rule set, and prevent more such rules from
being added.  Fun rules are OK, but they should be well-written fun
rules.  Rules with some purpose are preferable to do-nothing rules.

2. Secondary goals of Vulcan are to get party unity votes, and to play
Party Chess and any other activities defined for parties.  Party
Unity won't be stressed too much, but it does mean that all members
are expected to vote on every proposal.

3. If a loophole is discovered in the rule set that allows an
unexpected action, it is permissible to take advantage of that
loophole before removing it, particularly if it can result in a
win for a member of Vulcan.

4. Players may only join Vulcan with the approval of a majority of the
existing members.  A player may be removed from Vulcan for not voting,
or for any other reason, by the approval of a majority of the other
members.  The charter of Vulcan may be amended by a majority of the
members.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:17:32 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Vulcan Swinger

Niccolo Flychuck is the Swinger for Vulcan.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 13:18:45 -0700 (MST)
From: David Chapman <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 265 (Geezer) 

I hereby accept judgeship on this issue.

Geezer

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 16:12:44 -0500
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Acka: Official: Finances 

Ackazens,

Here are the most recent financial account standings.  They should be
up-to-date, except for a small number of transactions that occured today
before I rejoined the main list.  Those will be included when I get the
latest digest.

I offer a great many thanks to Malenkai for his work on the accounts; I
checked over the log he published Tuesday, and verified it against my
records and the material I derived from the digest list.  I found one
transaction that I had missed.  Our bond-handling should be equivalent,
but the details are not identical because I had already included the
7/24 bond cycle corrections on my records of the accounts.  There is
a discrepancy between the way he handled salaries and the way I did,
however, but I will hash that out with him.

If anyone wants a copy of my financial log then just let me know.  (I
will send one to Malenkai whether he wants it or not  :)

ThinMan
Financier

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

List of accounts as of 8/15/96

- ---------
Stats:
Ackadollars in circulation:
A$ 14,419

Average Per Player:
A$ 655

Treasury:
A$ 60,581

Orkatass Lawn Care Company and Motor Inn:
A$ 10

The following entities are stored in the Treasury:

The Gumball, The Voting Gnome, Tammany, Phoebe, The Fat Lady, An endless
supply and endless variety of Prosthetic Foreheads, The Brass Monkey, The
Map of Ackanomia, The Rules of Ackanomic, the Proposals of Ackanomic, the
Judgements of Ackanomic, the three Blueprints currently in existence, and
every other legal document of Ackanomic, Game custom, The Ackanomic Afterlife,
the Senate Building, the Free Market, the Treasury, the Gaol, the Library, and
every other public building, Scads of PFs of fromer players, An infinite
number of points, The Great Trombone of Ackanomia, and probably a few others.
- --------

Name of Player [Acka Name]
A$xxx		nnn PFxxx       Other entities

/dev/joe
A$993 		100 PF/dev      Prosthetic Forehead

Bascule
A$558 		100 PFBascule   2 Newspapers, Big Blue Thing

Brinjal
A$573		100 PFBrinjal

Calvin N Hobbes
A$428		100 PFCalvin

chess piece face
A$458		100 PFchess

De'ghew
A$633   	100 PFDe'ghew

fon
A$530		100 PFfon

Geezer
A$661		100 PFGeezer

Habeous Corpus
A$839           100 PFHabeous	Whamiol

Malenkai
A$994		100 PFMalenka   Prosthetic Forehead

Mellon
A$920           100 PFMellon

mr cwm
A$538 		100 PFmr        2 Prosthetic Foreheads

Niccolo Flychuck
A$519		100 PFNiccolo   Scroll of Crumble, Prosthetic Forehead

Pascal
A$500           100 PFPascal

Robert Sevin
A$492		100 PFRobert

Robin Hood
A$776 		100 PFRobin

Simon Marty Harriman
A$506		100 PFSimon

snowgod
A$376		100 PFsnowgod   Electronic Potato, 2 Prosthetic Foreheads

Techno
A$768		100 PFTechno

ThinMan
A$816 		100 PFThinMan

this is not a name
A$713 		100 PFthis

Wayne
A$818 		100 PFWayne
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:23:55 +0000
From: Bascule <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Official: Vulcan Party Charter

> Announcing a new Political Party for Ackanomic:  Vulcan

Cool name, much better than Nobs.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 14:26:50 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Gallery 

The following players now have portraits in the gallery:

/dev/joe
pascal
snowgod (sans prosthetic forehead)
this is not a name

I'm hoping that more players will sunmit portraits to the Web-Harfer soon.

By the way, in case you had noticed :), I'm offering my services at a
portraiter.  For A$25, I will create a portrait for you based on an
existing photo, or from scratch.  I offer a complete refund if you are not
satisfied with the final product.

For more information, send me email.

snowgod
wearing a blue cartoon parka :)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 02:08:18 GMT
From: Simon Clarke <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Re: Proposal 1119

Habeous Corpus wrote :
> I urge all Ackazens to vote against this Proposal.  No matter how it 
> is pronounced,  Ackanomic is OUR name,  and dsoes not deserve to be
> tinkered with.  

> >The CSRR is given the tile of Bob Harfer.  

> _CAN_ an official have two Titles for the same position?

Hmm, I don't know the answer to that one. I'll have to vote for P1119
to find out :) Bobdom here we come! Nice one, Snowgod!

Brinjal

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 17:33:20 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Re: Proposal 1119 

>Habeous Corpus wrote :
>> I urge all Ackazens to vote against this Proposal.  No matter how it
>> is pronounced,  Ackanomic is OUR name,  and dsoes not deserve to be
>> tinkered with.
>
>
>> >The CSRR is given the tile of Bob Harfer.
>
>> _CAN_ an official have two Titles for the same position?

I don't see why not.  One is the name of his office (CSRR) and the other is
just a title, bestowed opon the holder of that office (mr cwm).  I believe
there are other instances of it in the rules, though I can't think of any
right off the top of my head.  The harfy stuuf proposals contain something
similar, though.  Upon the passage of the proposal, the first person to be
given the title of Harfmeister is the speaker.

>Hmm, I don't know the answer to that one. I'll have to vote for P1119
>to find out :) Bobdom here we come! Nice one, Snowgod!

Thank you.  Thank you very much. [snowgod bows deeply]

I just thought of another reason to vote YES on Bob.  Plaindromes (Bob) are
inherantly amusing :)

snowgod
preparing himself for the coming of bob

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:05:14 -0500
From: [email-masked] (John Bollinger)
Subject: Re: Acka: Re: Proposal 1119 

Man!  I go on vacation for just a few days, and what do I find when
I get back?  The whole game is going to Bob!  Good grief.

ThinMan

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #180
*******************************