Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #178
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest       Thursday, August 15 1996       Volume 01 : Number 178

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 01:15:51 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: RFC R 691

I detest R 691, the deadbeat judge rule that can remove a player from
the game for failing to respond to a CFJ.  I tried repealing it once,
and that failed.

Does anyone have any compelling reason to keep this around, or would 
you support a repeal this time?

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 01:22:17 -0400
From: this is not a name <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC R 691

>I detest R 691, the deadbeat judge rule that can remove a player from
>the game for failing to respond to a CFJ.  I tried repealing it once,
>and that failed.
>
>Does anyone have any compelling reason to keep this around, or would 
>you support a repeal this time?

No compelling reason. How about putting the judge on vacation instead?

- --      Mike Epstein            Is the glass half empty,
      [email-masked]          half full,
  *                      *      or twice as large as it needs to be?
http://www.nyiq.net/~epstein/   

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 09:31:32 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Official - my new blue cross

On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Phil Ackley wrote:

> Niccolo Flychuck's recent hard work and dedication to his Party 
> Chess series of proposals has paid off.  Niccolo has now had 20 of 
> his proposals pass, making him eligable to recieve a Blue Cross.
> 
> It is with great pleasure that I, in my official capacity of 
> President of Ackanomic, award Niccolo Flychuck this newly minted 
> Blue Cross. 
> 
> May he wear it with pride and honor!
> 
> President snowgod
> who is working dilligently to one day recieve across of his own
>
I must say that this came as a complete surprise to me.  I guess I got
involved with the proposals around Party Chess, that I didn't een notice I
finally made 20 proposals. 
I would like thank my fellow citizens of Ackanomia for helping making this
possible. I am overcome with joy, and I shall wear this Blue Cross with
pride and honor.
Thank you ackanomic. Thank you President snowgod.

Niccolo Flychuck

Wearing a Blue Cross (and next I'll wear a shirt that goes much better
with it)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 09:46:17 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ambassador: Nomic War

While the convention is interesting, and may have some application beyond
the simplisitic concept of war, I must oppose the idea of engaging
Ackanomic in any such war.
Ackanomic is unsuitable for such a task. It is my view that the mission of
ackanomic is a mission of exploration and not a mission of conquest. 
Let other nomics engage in war.
People can either create a seperate nomic for war, of alternatively,
create a warrior nomic, from nomic, that will be dedicated to such acts
of war. 

Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 23:04:52 -0800
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ambassador: Nomic War 

>While the convention is interesting, and may have some application beyond
>the simplisitic concept of war, I must oppose the idea of engaging
>Ackanomic in any such war.
>Ackanomic is unsuitable for such a task. It is my view that the mission of
>ackanomic is a mission of exploration and not a mission of conquest.
>Let other nomics engage in war.
>People can either create a seperate nomic for war, of alternatively,
>create a warrior nomic, from nomic, that will be dedicated to such acts
>of war.
>
>Niccolo Flychuck

I would have to agree with you here... Ackanomic, or any of the other
"internomic" nomics are not ready (and I hope not willing) to go to war
with each other currently.

However, consider the following...

Suppose the war ruleset is modified so that each fighting member nomic is
acutally an "army" represented by players of a specific nomic.  Each nomic
could wreak havoc on each others "army" ruleset while leaving the actual
ruleset undamaged.  Then a system (using the referee idea, I suppose) could
be set up to determin scoring effects based on combat.

just tossing out ideas,
snowgod

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 11:44:16 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ambassador: Nomic War

On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Phil Ackley wrote:

> >People can either create a seperate nomic for war, of alternatively,
> >create a warrior nomic, from nomic, that will be dedicated to such acts
> >of war.
> >
> >Niccolo Flychuck
> 

[snip] 
> However, consider the following...
> 
> Suppose the war ruleset is modified so that each fighting member nomic is
> acutally an "army" represented by players of a specific nomic.  Each nomic
> could wreak havoc on each others "army" ruleset while leaving the actual
> ruleset undamaged.  Then a system (using the referee idea, I suppose) could
> be set up to determin scoring effects based on combat.
> 
> just tossing out ideas,
> snowgod
> 

Not a bad idea, it has similarities with my above suggestion, so I guess
we're in the same ball park. However, I feel that some internomic support
structures and procedures may have to be set up before such an experiment
could be successfuly carried out.
Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 20:16:57 +0000
From: Bascule <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: RFC R 691

> I detest R 691, the deadbeat judge rule that can remove a player from
> the game for failing to respond to a CFJ.  I tried repealing it once,
> and that failed.
> 
> Does anyone have any compelling reason to keep this around, or would 
> you support a repeal this time?
> 
> Malenkai

Having almost been booted out by this rule, I'm in favour of repeal

B

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 20:29:48 +0000
From: Bascule <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: RFC

What about an Acka-Harfy mailing list, for the development of harfy 
rules?

Bascule

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 17:31:00 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1119

Proposal 1119 - Thu Aug 15 17:30:59 EDT 1996
Bob
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

{{The name of the game we are playing, which is currently Ackanomic, shall
be changed to Bob.}}

{{[In so much as there may exist confusion as to the proper pronounciation
of Ackanomic (is it A as in apple or A as in eh?) and where ackanomic may
be pronounced differently depending on geographical location and cultural
differences (such as accents or native languages) it has been determined
that Bob is a much simpler name.  The pronounciation of Bob is the same in
any language, with only small differences being made do to varying accents.
It follows the most basic rules of the english language, and requires no
special skill to translate.  And it is fun.  Imagine, in internomic for
example the ambassador being known as the "liason for Bob.]}}

- ---------

Amend R362 "No Dead Players Allowed" by replacing the term "Ackanomic
Players" with "Players of Bob".

- ---------

Amend R411 "Office of the Web-Harfer" by replacing all instances of the
word "Ackanomic" with the word "Bob".

- ---------

Amend R414 "The Office of the Tabulator" by replacing the term "all
Ackanomic matters" with "all matters relating to Bob"

- ---------

Amend R424 "Office of Registrar" by replacing all instances of the word
"Ackanomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R451 "Spelling Errors" by replacing the word "Ackanomic" with the
words "Bob related"

- ---------

{{R480 is renamed "Creation of the AmazingBobDollar"}}

Amend R480 by replacing all instances of the word "AckaDollar" with the
word "AmazingBobDollar", all instances of the word "AckaDollars" with the
word "AmazingBobDollars", and all instances of the word "Ackanomic" with
the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R481 "Creation of PF Bonds" by replacing all instances of the phrase
" acka-entity" with the phrase "a Bob-entity"

- ---------

Amend R495 "Gumball" by replacing a replacing all instances of the phrase "
acka-entity" with the phrase "a Bob-entity"

- ---------

{{R504 is renamed "The President of Bob"}}

Amend R504 by replacing all instances of the words "Ackanomia" or
"Ackanomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

{{R570 is renamed "The Supreme Court of Bob"}}

- ---------

Amend R545 "Notes and Comments" by replacing the phrase "Ackanomic
language" with  the phrase "language of Bob"

- ---------

{{[R549 is not ammended pending Blue Cross Automation Results.  The CSRR is
encouraged to make any nescessary changes one the result of the proposal
are known]}}

- ---------

Amend R554 "Tammany" by replacing replacing all instances of the phrase
"Ackanomic entity" with the phrase "Bob-entity" and the phrase "Ackanomic:
Bribe" in section iv with the phrase "Bob: Bribe"

- ---------

Amend R569 "Overturning Judgements" by replacing all instances of the term
"Ackadollar" with the term "AmazingBobDollar"

- ---------

Amend R570 "Player Names" by replacing all instances of the phrase
"Ackanomic Name" with the phrase "Bob-Approved Name", and all otherwise
unchanged instances of the word "Ackanomic" to the word "Bob"; and changing
the second paragraph to read in whole:

Players must choose a Name when they register. No player may choose a Name
that is already in use (or otherwise would be in violation of R703), nor
may a player choose the name Bob or bob. Players without a Name must choose
a Name within one week.

- ---------

Amend R583 "The Ambassador" by replacing all instances of the words
"Ackanomic" and "AckaNomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R592 "Protection" by replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomic"
with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R609 "Offices, Commonalities" by replacing the all the instances of
the phrase "Ackanomic curency" with the phrase "the AmazingBobDollar" and
all other instances of the word "Ackanomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R621 "Historian" by replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomic"
with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R622 "Customary Subject Line" to read in whole:

A message is public if, and only if, it is distributed to all the
registered Players and the subject line contains "Bob:".

- ---------

Amend R665 "Treasury and Hard Money by replacing all instances of the
phrase "acka-enity" with the phrase "Bob-entity", all instances of the
phrase "acka-entities" with the phrase "Bob-entities", and all instances of
the word "AckaDollars" with the word "AmazingBobDollars".

All instances of the word "Ackapennies" shall be replaced with the phrase
"AmazingBobPennies"

- ---------

Amend R666 "End of Cycle"  by deleting the word "Acknomic" from section a
and section m, and capitalizing any instances of the word "play" is said
sections.

- ---------

Amend R682 "For Personal Glory" by relacing all instances of the word
"Ackanomic" with the word "Bob", all instances of the word "AckaCitizens"
with the phrase "Members of Bob"

- ---------

Amend R683 "ExtraNomic Entities" by replacing all instances of the word
"Ackanomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R703 " " by replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomic" with the
word "Bob", with the exception of the instance of the word "Ackanomic" in
section 5, which shall be replaced with "Bob-Approved"

- ---------

Amend R709 "Gaol" by replacing the phrase "Ackanomic entity" with "Bob-enitity"

- ---------

Amend R712 "Gaoler" by replacing the phrase "Ackanomic entity" with
"Bob-enitity"

- ---------

Amend R721 "Organizations" by replacing the the phrase "legal Ackanomic
name" with the phrase "Bob-Approved Name"

- ---------

{{The title of R729 is changed to "Middle Ages in Bob"}}

Amend R729 by replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomic" with the word
"Bob"

- ---------

Amend R730 "Steel Flea" by adding the words "(before there was Bob)"
immediatly after the word "Acka-scientists" and replacing all other
instances of the words "Acka" or "Ackanomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R761 "Parades" by replacing all instances of the wordby replacing the
phrase "an Ackanomic Parade" with the phrase "a Bob Parade", and all
instances of the words "Ackanomic" or "Ackanomia" sahll be replaced with
the word "Bob"

- ---------

{{R762 is renamed "The Greate Trombone of Bob"}}

Amend R762 by replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomia" with the word
"Bob"

- ---------

Amend R767 "Nothing Important" by replacing all instances of the word
"Ackanomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R775 "Church" by replacing the phrase "Ackanomic entity" with the
word "Bob-enitity"

- ---------

Amend R779 "Succession Proceedings" by replacing all instances of the word
"Ackanomic" with the word "Bob", with the exception of the instance of
"Ackanomic" in section 4c which shall be replaced with "Bob-Approved"

- ---------

Amend R790 "Fat Lady" by replacing the phrase "Ackanomic Entity" with the
phrase "Bob-entity"

- ---------

Amend R797 "Festival of Torkola" by replacing all instances of the word
"Ackanomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R798 "Palindromes are Inherently Amusing" by replacing all instances
of the word "Ackanomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R824 "Consecutive Passages" by replacing all instances of the word
"Acka" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R832 "Postmaster" by replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomic"
with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R839 "Building" By replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomic"
With the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R867 "Eggs and Fruit" by replacing all instances of the phrase
"Ackanomic Entity" with the phrase "Bob-enitity"

- ---------

Amend R894 "Map" by replacing all instances of the words "Ackanomic" or
"Ackanomia" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R895 "Map-Harfer" by replacing all instances of the words "Ackanomic"
or "Ackanomia" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R901 by replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomic" with the word
"Bob"

- ---------

Amend R924 by replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomic" with the word
"Bob"

- ---------

Amend R962.2 by replacing all instances of the word "acka-entities" with
the word "Bob-entities", and all instances of the phrase "Ackanomic name"
wiht the phrase "Bob-Approved name"

- ---------

Amend R964 by replacing all instances of the word "acka-entities" with the
word "Bob-entities"

- ---------

{{R907 is renamed "Bob/Internomic Interface"}}

Amend R970 by replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomic" with the word
"Bob" including possesive forms of said words where appropriate.

- ---------

Amend R1018 "Hotels" by replacing all instances of the word "Ackanomic"
with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R1026 by replacing all instances of the phrase "Ackanomic name" with
the phrase "Bob-Approved name"

- ---------

Amend R1033 "Bronze Torch" by replacing all instances of the word
"Ackanomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R1046 "Baaa" by replacing all instances of the word "acka-enitity"
with the word "Bob-entity" and the word "Ackanomia" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Amend R1051 "Mentors (Take II)" by replacing all instances of the word
"Ackanomic" with the word "Bob"

- ---------

Create a new rule entitled "Bob Harfer" with the following text:

{{[It is recognized that some omisions or mistakes may have been made
during the process of transforming Ackanomia to Bobdom, therefore]}}

The CSRR is given the tile of Bob Harfer.  It shall be considered good form
for the Bob Harfer to make any changes to the ruleset that he deems
apropriate to eas the transition from Ackanomic to Bob.

When the Bob Harfer is finished making nescessary changes, players are
allowed to cheer and congratulate the Bob harfer on a job well done.

- ---------

Create of a new rule entitles "bonus" with the following text:

{{Upon the passage of this proposal a parade will be held to celebrate the
coming of Bob.  The guest of honor shall be the Bob Harfer.  Any fees of
costs associated with the Parade shall be paid by the President}}

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 17:40:35 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1090 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1090
  Proposal 1090 - Wed Aug 07 15:02:34 EDT 1996
  Reservoir Poodles
  Bascule  (Matt Black)

Quorum met : 13 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

8 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Bascule loses 9 points.  51 -> 42

8 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                   27 -> 28           
  Brinjal                                      26 -> 27           
  Bascule                FUN                   42 -> 43           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            12 -> 13           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            75 -> 76           
  Habeous Corpus                               30 -> 31           
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            32 -> 33           

6 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 246               
  ThinMan                                     =  72               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  53               
  /dev/joe                                    = 178               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  68               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -15               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Geezer                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 17:41:09 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1092 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1092
  Proposal 1092 - Wed Aug 07 15:03:04 EDT 1996
  Scientific Sanity
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 13 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

12 YES votes   2 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  255 -> 264

12 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  28               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 264               
  Brinjal                                     =  27               
  ThinMan                                     =  72               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  53               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  45               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  13               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  76               
  /dev/joe                                    = 178               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  33               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -15               

2 NO votes:  2 points each
  Habeous Corpus                               33 -> 35           
  Techno                 Underworld            70 -> 72           

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Geezer                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1092 - Wed Aug 07 15:03:04 EDT 1996
Scientific Sanity
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 594, "Blueprints", to change section (ii) to read in full:

      "(ii) When a Blueprint is judged to be in conflict with one or more 
Rules, the Blueprint is destroyed, as are any extant Gadgets made from 
that Blueprint.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 17:40:52 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1091 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1091
  Proposal 1091 - Wed Aug 07 15:02:52 EDT 1996
  Bothering the Judges
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 13 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

11 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  246 -> 255

11 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  28               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 255               
  Brinjal                                     =  27               
  ThinMan                                     =  72               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  53               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  13               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  76               
  /dev/joe                                    = 178               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  33               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -15               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  Bascule                FUN                   43 -> 45           
  Habeous Corpus                               31 -> 33           
  Techno                 Underworld            68 -> 70           

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Geezer                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1091 - Wed Aug 07 15:02:52 EDT 1996
Bothering the Judges
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{[This is something I left out by mistake when I removed the appeal 
penalty in R 569; the penalty for being frivilous went from 25 to 20
in toto. I'd like to put it back the way it was originally.]}}

Amend R 569 to replace the sentence which reads:

"If the Court agrees with the original verdict, then the player who lodged
the appeal shall be fined 20 points for frivolously bothering the Judges."

with:

"If the Court agrees with the original verdict, then the player who
lodged the appeal shall be fined 25 points for frivolously bothering the
Judges."

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 17:45:03 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1093 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1093
  Proposal 1093 - Wed Aug 07 15:03:22 EDT 1996
  Booze
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 13 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

10 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 9 points.  264 -> 255

10 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                   28 -> 29           
  Malenkai               FUN                  255 -> 256          
  Extra Vote for Malenkai 
  Bascule                FUN                   45 -> 46           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            13 -> 14           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            76 -> 77           
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Tammany                                     =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            33 -> 34           
  Wayne                  Underworld           -15 -> -14          

6 NO votes:  
  Brinjal                                     =  27               
  ThinMan                                     =  72               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  53               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  35               
  /dev/joe                                    = 178               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  72               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Geezer                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      
===============================================

Malenkai bought an extra vote for A$100

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 17:48:06 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1094 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1094
  Proposal 1094 - Wed Aug 07 15:03:45 EDT 1996
  Creation of PartyChessPiece il-Nabi
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 13 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

7 YES votes   3 NO votes   3 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Niccolo Flychuck gains 9 points.  53 -> 62

7 YES votes:  
  Brinjal                                     =  27               
  ThinMan                                     =  72               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  62               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  14               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  35               
  /dev/joe                                    = 178               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  72               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  Malenkai               FUN                  256 -> 258          
  Robin Hood                                   29 -> 31           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            77 -> 79           

3 PRESENT votes:
  Bascule                FUN                   =  46
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            =  34
  Wayne                  Underworld            = -14

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Geezer                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1094 - Wed Aug 07 15:03:45 EDT 1996
Creation of PartyChessPiece il-Nabi
Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

1. il-Nabi is represented by the ASCII character M
2. il-Nabi has one of the following moves:
  (a)3 squares diagonally, and one square either horizontally, or
vertically, provided all the squares it passes through are unoccupied. the
move must be made in that order.
  (b) If, at any given direction, SQ1 is occupied, then il-Nabi may skip
over that piece to SQ2.
8  (c) if, at any given direction, SQ3 is occupied, and SQ2,is unoccupied,
then il-Nabi may skip to SQ4. 
     For this move to be legal, it does not matter whether or not SQ1 is
occupied.
3. il-Nabi can legally capture according to 2.(a).  It cannot capture using
the moves in 2(b), 2(c)
4. il-Nabi's material value is 6
5. The proper pronunciation of il-Nabi, is with an emphasis of the 'Na',
which is pronounced the same as in 'nun', minus the last '-n'.
6. il-Nabi is Arabic for 'the Prophet', and is named in honor of Mohammed,
who made a large contribution to the game of Party Chess

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 17:48:29 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1095 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1095
  Proposal 1095 - Wed Aug 07 15:04:05 EDT 1996
  Portraits
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 13 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

5 YES votes   5 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 9 points.  14 -> 5

5 YES votes:  1 point each
  Bascule                FUN                   46 -> 47           
  snowgod                (None Yet)             5 -> 6            
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            79 -> 80           
  /dev/joe                                    178 -> 179          
  Wayne                  Underworld           -14 -> -13          

5 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 258               
  Brinjal                                     =  27               
  ThinMan                                     =  72               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  35               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  72               

2 PRESENT votes:
  Niccolo Flychuck                             =  62
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            =  34

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robin Hood                                  
  Geezer                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 17:48:51 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1096 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1096
  Proposal 1096 - Wed Aug 07 15:05:30 EDT 1996
  Portraits II
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 13 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

9 YES votes   4 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

snowgod gains 9 points.  6 -> 15

9 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  31               
  ThinMan                                     =  72               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  47               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  15               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  80               
  /dev/joe                                    = 179               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  34               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -13               

4 NO votes:  2 points each
  Malenkai               FUN                  258 -> 260          
  Brinjal                                      27 -> 29           
  Habeous Corpus                               35 -> 37           
  Techno                 Underworld            72 -> 74           

1 PRESENT votes:
  Niccolo Flychuck                             =  62

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Geezer                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1096 - Wed Aug 07 15:05:30 EDT 1996
Portraits II
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

It is a Duty of the Web-Harfer to maintain a gallery of portraits.

This gallery shall be linked to the Official Ackanomic Web Page and must
contain every portrait of a player that the Web-Harfer has recieved.  If a
player has no portrait the Web-Harfer shall place an empty picture fram in
the gallery containing the words "This space reserved for x" (where x is
the name of the player without a portrait.)

If the Web-Harfer can think of a feasible way of doing so, he may charge
admission to the gallery.  However, the price of Admission must never
exceed A$2. Charging admission is a privlige of the Web-Harfer.

The Web-Harfer may, but is not required to maintain a gallery containing
images of deceased players.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 17:49:31 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1097 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1097
  Proposal 1097 - Wed Aug 07 15:07:07 EDT 1996
  Protecting Prosthetic Foreheads
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 13 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

5 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 9 points.  15 -> 6

5 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                   31 -> 32           
  Brinjal                                      29 -> 30           
  snowgod                (None Yet)             6 -> 7            
  Habeous Corpus                               37 -> 38           
  /dev/joe                                    179 -> 180          

8 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 260               
  ThinMan                                     =  72               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  62               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  47               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  80               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  74               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  34               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -13               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Geezer                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 17:49:51 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1098 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1098
  Proposal 1098 - Wed Aug 07 15:07:56 EDT 1996
  In Debt
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 13 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

11 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

snowgod gains 9 points.  7 -> 16

11 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 260               
  Robin Hood                                  =  32               
  Brinjal                                     =  30               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  62               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  47               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  16               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  80               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  38               
  /dev/joe                                    = 180               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  34               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  ThinMan                                      72 -> 74           
  Techno                 Underworld            74 -> 76           
  Wayne                  Underworld           -13 -> -11          

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Geezer                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1098 - Wed Aug 07 15:07:56 EDT 1996
In Debt
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

If at any time a player has a negitive balance of A$ in their account they
shall be  deemed to be "in debt".

The treasury will transfer A$x(where x is the sum of money required to
raise a players balance to A$0) into the account of a player who is in debt
so that his account balance will be A$0.  The player in debt will then be
considered "enslaved".

an enslaved  player is required to donate any and all currency he recieves
to the treasury, until such time as he has paid the treasury x+(x/20).

When a player has reimbursed the treasury x+(x/20) [the original sum of
money, plus another 20 percent] he shall no longer be considered enslaved.

The financier shall maintain a "credit record" wherin each time a player is
enslaved he recieves one "divot".  For every period of  30 days (not
including the first 30 days of enslavement) that a player remains enslaved
he shall recieve an additional divot.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 17:14:26 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Prop 1093 Fails

> Here are the voting results for : 1093
>   Proposal 1093 - Wed Aug 07 15:03:22 EDT 1996

> 10 YES votes:  1 point each
>   Robin Hood                                   28 -> 29           
>   Malenkai               FUN                  255 -> 256          
>   Extra Vote for Malenkai 
>   Bascule                FUN                   45 -> 46           
>   snowgod                (None Yet)            13 -> 14           
>   this is not a name     (None Yet)            76 -> 77           
>   (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
>   Tammany                                     =   0               
>   mr cwm                 (None Yet)            33 -> 34           
>   Wayne                  Underworld           -15 -> -14          

> ===============================================
> 
> Malenkai bought an extra vote for A$100
> 
> 
> ====================================================
> Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
> ====================================================

Who bribed Tammany and for how much?

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #178
*******************************