Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #150
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Friday, August 2 1996        Volume 01 : Number 150

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:46:30 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1035 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1035
  Proposal 1035 - Wed Jul 24 00:33:25 EDT 1996
  Parades and such
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

14 YES votes   0 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 9 points.  149 -> 158

14 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 124               
  Robin Hood                                  =  16               
  Brinjal                                     =  13               
  ThinMan                                     =  16               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  41               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  -4               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  69               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  12               
  /dev/joe                                    = 158               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  43               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  21               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -34               

0 NO votes:  2 points each

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1035 - Wed Jul 24 00:33:25 EDT 1996
Parades and such
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Amend rule 761, "Parades", as follows:

Change the beginning of the first sentence from:
 "Whenever a proposal whose number ends with the digits "76" is accepted,
  an Ackanomic Parade shall be held"
to:
 "When the Tabulator distributes the voting results for a proposal whose
  number ends with the digits "76", and the proposal was accepted, an
  Ackanomic Parade shall be held"

Change the second sentence from:
 "The Guest of Honour has seven days from the acceptance of the proposal
  to publish an interesting description of the parade." 
to:
 "The Guest of Honour has seven days from the distribution of the proposal's
  voting results to publish an interesting description of the parade." 

Add to the end of the rule:
  "{{ Malenkai shall be awarded 10 points.  [This is to make up for the
   points he lost without ever having a chance to describe the parade.]}}"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:48:33 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1036 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1036
  Proposal 1036 - Thu Jul 25 01:59:33 EDT 1996
  Rock, Creation of
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

11 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

snowgod gains 9 points.  -4 -> 5

11 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  16               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 124               
  Brinjal                                     =  13               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  41               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   5               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  69               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  12               
  /dev/joe                                    = 158               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  43               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  21               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  ThinMan                                      16 -> 18           
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Wayne                  Underworld           -34 -> -32          

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      
================================================

It is my assumption that Calvin N Hobbes is now the cuurent gnome buddy.

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1036 - Thu Jul 25 01:59:33 EDT 1996
Rock, Creation of
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

There exists A Rock To Wind A String Around (henceforth known as the rock).
The rock may not be owned or controlled by any player, except as specified
by the rules.  The rock may be manipulated by a vending machine, should
such a thing exist.

Presently the rock is unowned, and resides in the treasury.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:48:59 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1037 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1037
  Proposal 1037 - Thu Jul 25 01:59:46 EDT 1996
  Bull Market
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

5 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 9 points.  124 -> 115

5 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                  115 -> 116          
  Robin Hood                                   16 -> 17           
  Brinjal                                      13 -> 14           
  Bascule                FUN                   41 -> 42           
  Techno                 Underworld            43 -> 44           

8 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                                     =  18               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   5               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  69               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  12               
  /dev/joe                                    = 158               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  21               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -32               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:49:19 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1038 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1038
  Proposal 1038 - Thu Jul 25 01:59:59 EDT 1996
  Enlightenment
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

8 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  116 -> 125

8 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  17               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 125               
  Brinjal                                     =  14               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   5               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  12               
  /dev/joe                                    = 158               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  44               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -32               

4 NO votes:  2 points each
  ThinMan                                      18 -> 20           
  Bascule                FUN                   42 -> 44           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            69 -> 71           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            21 -> 23           

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1038 - Thu Jul 25 01:59:59 EDT 1996
Enlightenment
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 729, "Ackanomic Middle Ages", to append the following 
paragraph at the end of the current text:

Any player who has been burned as a heretic exactly once is considered
Enlightened. Any player burned more than once, however, is beyond hope
and may never become Enlightened. Any player who is Enlightened is free
to say what they wish, and may never have a Witchhunt called against
them, or be burned as a heretic. This paragraph has precedence over all
others in this rule.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:49:40 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1039 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1039
  Proposal 1039 - Thu Jul 25 02:00:13 EDT 1996
  Winning
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

10 YES votes   2 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  125 -> 134

10 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 134               
  Robin Hood                                  =  17               
  Brinjal                                     =  14               
  ThinMan                                     =  20               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  44               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  71               
  /dev/joe                                    = 158               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  44               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  23               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -32               

2 NO votes:  2 points each
  snowgod                (None Yet)             5 -> 7            
  Habeous Corpus                               12 -> 14           

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1039 - Thu Jul 25 02:00:13 EDT 1996
Winning
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 110, "Winning the Game", as follows:

1) Change the title to "Winning".

2) Amend it to read, in full:

A player may only win the Game or Cycle by procedures defined by the 
Rules, or by achieving a winning condition that is defined by the Rules.
There is no limit to the number of such procedures or conditions which
may be defined in the Rules.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:49:56 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1040 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1040
  Proposal 1040 - Thu Jul 25 02:00:49 EDT 1996
  Protect #1
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

10 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

snowgod gains 9 points.  7 -> 16

10 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  17               
  Brinjal                                     =  14               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  44               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  16               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  71               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  14               
  /dev/joe                                    = 158               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  44               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  23               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  Malenkai               FUN                  134 -> 136          
  ThinMan                                      20 -> 22           
  Wayne                  Underworld           -32 -> -30          

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1040 - Thu Jul 25 02:00:49 EDT 1996
Protect #1
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Transmute R110 to Immutable

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:50:18 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1041 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1041
  Proposal 1041 - Thu Jul 25 02:01:10 EDT 1996
  Protect #2
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 10 players cast votes

6 YES votes   5 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 9 points.  16 -> 7

6 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                   17 -> 18           
  snowgod                (None Yet)             7 -> 8            
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            71 -> 72           
  Techno                 Underworld            44 -> 45           
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            23 -> 24           

5 NO votes:  
  Brinjal                                     =  14               
  ThinMan                                     =  22               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  44               
  /dev/joe                                    = 158               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -30               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Malenkai               FUN                   = 136

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Habeous Corpus                              

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:51:02 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1042 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1042
  Proposal 1042 - Thu Jul 25 02:02:06 EDT 1996
  protect #3
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

9 YES votes   3 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

snowgod gains 9 points.  8 -> 17

9 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  18               
  ThinMan                                     =  22               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  44               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  17               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  72               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  14               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  45               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  Malenkai               FUN                  136 -> 138          
  /dev/joe                                    158 -> 160          
  Wayne                  Underworld           -30 -> -28          

1 PRESENT votes:
  Brinjal                                      =  14

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1042 - Thu Jul 25 02:02:06 EDT 1996
protect #3
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Transmute R112 to Immutable

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:51:27 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1043 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1043
  Proposal 1043 - Thu Jul 25 02:02:34 EDT 1996
  We've been crashed for a while
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

12 YES votes   0 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  138 -> 147

12 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 147               
  Robin Hood                                  =  18               
  ThinMan                                     =  22               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  44               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  17               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  72               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  14               
  /dev/joe                                    = 160               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  45               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -28               

0 NO votes:  2 points each

1 PRESENT votes:
  Brinjal                                      =  14

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1043 - Thu Jul 25 02:02:34 EDT 1996
We've been crashed for a while
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 457 to replace the sentence which reads:
 
"The only thing a player on vacation may legally do is take
himself off vacation."

with:

"The only thing a player on vacation may legally do is take
himself off vacation, or perform any action permitted by an Immutable
Rule."

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:52:10 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1044 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1044
  Proposal 1044 - Thu Jul 25 02:03:02 EDT 1996
  Honoring Wayne
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 10 players cast votes

9 YES votes   1 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  147 -> 156

9 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 156               
  Robin Hood                                  =  18               
  Brinjal                                     =  14               
  ThinMan                                     =  22               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  17               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  14               
  /dev/joe                                    = 160               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  45               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  24               

1 NO votes:  2 points each
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            72 -> 74           

1 PRESENT votes:
  Bascule                FUN                   =  44

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           
  Wayne                  Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1044 - Thu Jul 25 02:03:02 EDT 1996
Honoring Wayne
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{Wayne is hereby awarded a Blue Cross as recognition for his outstanding
work for Ackanomic. A parade shall be held in his honor. This rule has
precedence over all other mutable rules.}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 01:53:43 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Official

I proclaim that the earth is ROUND!!!!!!!!!

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:57:17 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1045 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1045
  Proposal 1045 - Thu Jul 25 02:03:16 EDT 1996
  Just sillier
  this is not a name  (Mike Epstein)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

8 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

this is not a name loses 9 points.  74 -> 65

8 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                  156 -> 157          
  Robin Hood                                   18 -> 19           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            17 -> 18           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            65 -> 66           
  Techno                 Underworld            45 -> 46           
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Tammany                                     =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            24 -> 25           

6 NO votes:  
  Brinjal                                     =  14               
  ThinMan                                     =  22               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  44               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  14               
  /dev/joe                                    = 160               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -28               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      
===========================================
Tammany Action:
A$25 for Yes by this is not a name
A$25 for Yes by snowgod
A$25 for Yes by mr cwm
(note that (None Yet) accounted for 5 of the 8 Yes votes)

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 01:58:39 -0400
From: this is not a name <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Official

>I proclaim that the earth is ROUND!!!!!!!!!
>
>Malenkai

Some souls are just lost. What a shame.

- --      Mike Epstein            "You can no more win a war
      [email-masked]           than you can win an earthquake."
  *                      *                   --Jeannette Rankin
http://www.nyiq.net/~epstein/

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:58:40 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1046 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1046
  Proposal 1046 - Thu Jul 25 02:03:27 EDT 1996
  Baaa
  this is not a name  (Mike Epstein)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

9 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

this is not a name gains 9 points.  66 -> 75

9 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 157               
  Brinjal                                     =  14               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  44               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  18               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  75               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  14               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  46               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  25               

4 NO votes:  2 points each
  Robin Hood                                   19 -> 21           
  ThinMan                                      22 -> 24           
  /dev/joe                                    160 -> 162          
  Wayne                  Underworld           -28 -> -26          

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1046 - Thu Jul 25 02:03:27 EDT 1996
Baaa
this is not a name  (Mike Epstein)

Create a new rule reading as follows:

The acka-entity called the Little Lamb exists. The Little Lamb resides on 
the common lands of Ackanomia.

Any player may claim possession of the Little Lamb, which will remain in 
effect until another player claims possession of the Little Lamb, or for 
one week, whichever is longer.

Just as cows eat grass, the Little Lamb also eats grass. Therefore, any 
player who possesses the Little Lamb will be charged 10 units of the 
official currency each time e takes possession of the Little Lamb. The 
fee will be paid to the Orkatass Lawn Care Company and Motor Inn for 
reseeding the common lands.

But while a player possesses the Little Lamb, e has three times the 
normal probability of receiving the Magic Potato, and e may purchase a 
Wool Sweater from the Treasury for 10 units of the official currency.

Any number of Wool Sweaters may exist at one time. They are created by 
the Orkatass Lamb Products Company when purchased. A player may put on a 
Wool Sweater if e possesses one. However, players wearing Prosthetic 
Foreheads may not put on a Wool Sweater, because Wool Sweaters will not 
fit over Prosthetic Foreheads.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 1:59:48 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1047 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1047
  Proposal 1047 - Thu Jul 25 02:04:02 EDT 1996
  [The name of this proposal is a single space character]
  this is not a name  (Mike Epstein)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

6 YES votes   7 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

this is not a name loses 9 points.  75 -> 66

6 YES votes:  1 point each
  Bascule                FUN                   44 -> 45           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            18 -> 19           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            66 -> 67           
  Techno                 Underworld            46 -> 47           
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            25 -> 26           

7 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 157               
  Robin Hood                                  =  21               
  Brinjal                                     =  14               
  ThinMan                                     =  24               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  14               
  /dev/joe                                    = 162               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -26               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 2:00:07 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1048 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1048
  Proposal 1048 - Thu Jul 25 02:04:22 EDT 1996
  Unilateral Nuclear Disarmament
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

8 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  157 -> 166

8 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 166               
  Robin Hood                                  =  21               
  ThinMan                                     =  24               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  45               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  19               
  /dev/joe                                    = 162               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  47               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -26               

4 NO votes:  2 points each
  Brinjal                                      14 -> 16           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            67 -> 69           
  Habeous Corpus                               14 -> 16           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            26 -> 28           

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1048 - Thu Jul 25 02:04:22 EDT 1996
Unilateral Nuclear Disarmament
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{[game custom indicates the following rule changes are legal, I suppose]}}

Transmute R 108 to Mutable.
- -----------------------------------------------

Amend "Rule 108" Mutable/Immutable Inconsistencies, to read in full:

      Clauses or sections in Mutable rules that are inconsistent in some
way with some Immutable rule (except by proposing to transmute it) are
wholly void and without effect. The rest of the Mutable rule remains in
effect, as if the inconsistent clause(s) have been stricken from it. 

      They do not implicitly transmute immutable rules into mutable rules
and at the same time amend them. Rule changes that transmute immutable
rules into mutable rules will be effective only if they explicitly state
their transmuting effect.
- ----------------------------------------------------
Transmute R 108 to Immutable.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 2:00:30 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1049 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1049
  Proposal 1049 - Thu Jul 25 14:10:14 EDT 1996
  Killing Two Birds With One Stone
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

6 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 9 points.  19 -> 10

6 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                   21 -> 22           
  Brinjal                                      16 -> 17           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            10 -> 11           
  Techno                 Underworld            47 -> 48           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            28 -> 29           
  Wayne                  Underworld           -26 -> -25          

6 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 166               
  ThinMan                                     =  24               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  45               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  69               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  16               
  /dev/joe                                    = 162               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 2:00:51 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1050 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1050
  Proposal 1050 - Thu Jul 25 14:10:29 EDT 1996
  Equal Rights for Foreheads
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

6 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 9 points.  11 -> 2

6 YES votes:  1 point each
  Bascule                FUN                   45 -> 46           
  snowgod                (None Yet)             2 -> 3            
  /dev/joe                                    162 -> 163          
  Techno                 Underworld            48 -> 49           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            29 -> 30           
  Wayne                  Underworld           -25 -> -24          

6 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  22               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 166               
  Brinjal                                     =  17               
  ThinMan                                     =  24               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  69               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  16               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 2:01:12 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1051 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1051
  Proposal 1051 - Thu Jul 25 14:11:14 EDT 1996
  Mentors (Take II)
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 12 eligible voters -- 11 players cast votes

13 YES votes   0 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

snowgod gains 9 points.  3 -> 12

13 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  22               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = 166               
  Brinjal                                     =  17               
  ThinMan                                     =  24               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  46               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  12               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  69               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  16               
  /dev/joe                                    = 163               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  49               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  30               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -24               

0 NO votes:  2 points each

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  De'ghew                Underworld           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1051 - Thu Jul 25 14:11:14 EDT 1996
Mentors (Take II)
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Upon the admittance of a new player into the game, the Registrar
shall randomly select a player from a pool of volunteers to act as a
"mentor" for the new player.

It is the duty of the Registrar to maintain a list of players who
are in the volunteer pool. If there are not enough players in the
volunteer pool to assign a mentor for each new player, the Registrar
may randomly select a player from the general population.

Non-volunteering selectees must publicly accept mentorship within 1 dayor
be assumed to have declined, in which case the registrar must select a new
mentor.

It is the privlidge of a mentor to recieve A$25 from the treasury at the
completion of his mentorship.

The duties of the mentor are as follows:

1) Answer any questions concerning game procedure to the new player.

2) Provide a new player with history and arguements for and against
either side of a proposal in the voting queue upon the new players
request.

3) Provide a new player with information on any matter that requires
his immediate attention [for example, a newly active player who is
required to return judgement]

4) Answer any other questions the new player has concerning the game
of Ackanomic.

The mentor shall be responsible for performing these duties for a
period of two weeks from the day he assigned to the player, or until
the new player declines further services [whichever comes first]

A mentor must always provide information without political or
religious bias.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #150
*******************************