Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #127
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Monday, July 22 1996         Volume 01 : Number 127

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:28:37 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1030

Proposal 1030 - Tue Jul 23 00:28:36 EDT 1996
Voodoo Economics
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{[the rewrite for those deflationary senarios. I had to wait to see
if "previously granted" passed.]}}

Amend R 480, "Creation of the AckaDollar", to read in full:

The AckaDollar (A$) will be the official currency of Ackanomia.

Each player who has not previously been granted A$ by application of
this rule shall be granted the lesser of A$900, or the average A$ balance
of all other existing players, from the Treasury.  AckaDollars cannot
be traded, exchanged, given, destroyed or in any way acted upon except
as specified in the Rules.

{{[previous text:

The AckaDollar (A$) will be the official currency of Ackanomia.

Each player who has not previously been granted A$ by application of
this rule shall be granted A$900 from the treasury.  AckaDollars cannot
be traded, exchanged, given, destroyed or in any way acted upon except
as specified in the Rules.
]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:28:46 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1031

Proposal 1031 - Tue Jul 23 00:28:46 EDT 1996
Notes Fix
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Rule 545, "Notes and Comments" shall be amended to read, in full:

{{ The symbol [[ in rules other than this one begins a temporary note,
which ends with the next following symbol ]].  All temporary notes shall
be removed from the rules herewith. }}

A left square bracket in a rule or other text begins a note, which ends
with the next following right square bracket, or the end of the rule or
body of text, whichever comes first.  [This means that notes do not nest.]
In the Ackanomic language, notes have no semantic meaning, whatever their
lexical content.

{{[The double-braced part will get rid of temporary notes that weren't
really temporary... there was a teeny problem with that, as Malenkai
pointed out with his paradox win, and so the first paragraph will clean
up the mess.]}}

{{[ (If someone wants a temporary note from here on out, notes can be
embedded in Malenkai braces). ]}}

{{[This was originally Mohammed's proposal. He had to retract it before
he quit because a problem in R 569. He would have wanted someone else to
submit it.]}}

{{ Malenkai's score shall be reduced by 9 points. [I can't think of a
non-retroactive way to give Mohammed the points, as they seem to be an
extra-nomic entity at this point. Oh well.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 00:35:42 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Supreme Court Verdicts

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> It is partly my fault that the verdicts were delayed.  I insist in paying my
> fair share of the penalties.
> 
> Wayne

My reading of the rules has you as owing no penalties, as the
verdicts were unanimously delivered after Bascule returned. He got
saddled with them. I have submitted a CFJ to clear up the penalty
situation. Its possible that there will be no penalties, and due to
the turmoil, they are understandable.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:49:12 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1032

Proposal 1032 - Tue Jul 23 00:49:11 EDT 1996
CFJ Casino
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{[This is based on a comment mr cwm made a while back, and I've
added in Brinjal's "pool" idea received when this was in RFC.]}}

1) The CFJ Casino is hereby created. It is a Protected entity. The Casino
shall be run by the officer responsible for administering CFJs. For the
purposes of this rule, that officer shall be known as the "House".

2) Upon initial distribution of the CFJ, the House shall decide if
"betting is on", or "betting is off", and shall make that designation
part of the official distribution. The House shall use common sense to
determine if betting should be on, by considering the frivilous nature
of the CFJ. For example, betting would probably be off for a CFJ with
a statement such as "I make Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice by squeezing
the Golden Frog, and have therefore won the game". Note that this should
be read as *frivilous*, not necessarily *no-brainer*.

3) Once such a designation has been made, it cannot be changed for the
entire life of the CFJ, including any appeals.

4) Once a CFJ has been distributed for which betting is on, the House will
accept bets on the outcome of the CFJ from the players, and bets will be
accepted until the time a verdict is officially delivered.

5) "Outcome", must be a single statement specifying whether the player
is betting taht the verdict will be TRUE or FALSE". All players are
eligible to wager, except those explicitly excluded. Wagers must be 50
units of currency. Wagers may not exceed the account balance of the
player making them. Upon wagering, the funds are escrowed with the House,
and may not be used by the player for any other game action. The funds
are considered "owned" by the Treasury while they are being held in
escrow, so any event that affects the House's or bettor's balance will not
affect them. This clause claims precedence over any mutable rule with
which it is in conflict.

6) A player may not make more than one wager. A player may not retract
a wager. Players may not make wagers after the original verdict is
delivered (ie, while it is being appealed).

7) The House, the first judge-designate of the CFJ, and the initiator of
the CFJ are explicity excluded from betting on the particular CFJ.

8) It is illegal for the Judge or the House to announce or reveal a verdict
to any player other than the House before that verdict is officially
delivered by the House. It is also illegal for the Judge to disclose how
they "may" rule on the CFJ to any player other than the House.

9) Once a verdict is announced, the House announces the results and
payoffs of all the wagers. The Financier shall update all of the books
appropriately. If a verdict other than TRUE or FALSE is announced, all
funds wagered are forfeit, and go to the Treasury.

10) If the verdict is appealed, and it is overturned, the results of 9)
are "reversed", and new payoffs are published and accounted for as in 9).

11) Results and payoffs are as follows:
        a) If no one placed a wager, there is no payoff.

        b) If exactly 1 player placed a wager:
           If they were correct, they receive a payoff of 100% of
their wager from the Treasury, less a 10% "vigorish" retained by the House,
and a return of their original wager.

           If they were incorrect, their wager is forfeited to the
Treasury, less a 10% vigorish retained by the House.

        c) If more than one player placed a wager, the total pool of
money wagered is added up, and the House receives a 10% vig from that pool.
After that, the money is evenly divided among every player who correctly
predicted the outcome. If the amount is not evenly divisible, the House
will contribute enough units back to the pool to make it evenly divisible.
If no player correctly predicted the verdict in this case, all monies
except the vig are forfeit to the Treasury.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:49:26 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1033

Proposal 1033 - Tue Jul 23 00:49:26 EDT 1996
Bronze Torch
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

      Bronze Torches are awarded as a recognition of merit to those 
players who have shown us the light through the stickiest of rule
interpretation quagmires.
 
      Any number of Bronze Torches may exist at any one time. They may
only be owned by players, and have only those powers specified by the
Rules and shall only be created and destroyed as specified by the Rules.
A player may have at most one Bronze Torch. Bronze Torches may not be
bought, sold, or otherwise traded or transferred amongst players, except
as specified in this rule. This clause has precedence over any mutable
rule which would allow such transferrence.

      Bronze Torches are awarded by the President, the Proconsul, or a 
Justice. Each time one is to be awarded, it is created for the occasion
by the Frobozz Magic Medal Company, Ackanomic Division. They may only be
awarded to a player if that player is eligible to receive one. 

      Once a player has delivered a total of 15 verdicts on CFJs, CFCJs,
or as part of (or all of) the Supreme Court, they are eligible for a
Bronze Torch. Verdicts which have been overturned do not count towards
this total, nor do any verdicts other than True or False. A verdict
which is upheld by the Supreme Court counts both for the original Judge
and for the Justices of the Court (assuming it is True or False).

      Upon a player leaving the game, their Bronze Torch is haunted by
their undead.

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend Rule 563 "Justices Are Keeper Of The Sacred Laws", to read in full:

      Before the result of a CFJ is made public, a Justice or Bronze Torch
owner can add their own reasoning to the official publication of the result 
by sending it either to the person in charge of CFJs, or to the public
forum. This reasoning can be made public by no one other than the author
of the reasoning.

      Upon the Judge or Court reaching a verdict, the person in charge
of CFJs will also add any reasoning submitted under the auspices of this
rule to the official publication of the CFJ, along with the judge's
decision. 

{{[original text:

      Before the result of a CFJ is made public, all Justices can add their 
own reasoning to the official
      publication of the result by sending the text to the person in charge 
of CFJs. This reasoning can
      be made public by the Justices, but no one else, until the judge has 
decided on the verdict. At that
      time, and before public publication, the person in charge of CFJs will 
also add each Justice's
      message at the end of the official publication of the CFJ with the 
judge's decision.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:52:02 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1000 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1000
  Proposal 1000 - Wed Jul 10 15:40:59 EDT 1996
  Get Out of Gaol
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

9 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Niccolo Flychuck loses 9 points.  25 -> 16

9 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                   19 -> 20           
  Malenkai               FUN                   35 -> 36           
  Brinjal                                       6 -> 7            
  ThinMan                Nobs                  -1 -> 0            
  Niccolo Flychuck                             16 -> 17           
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                   26 -> 27           
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -31 -> -30          
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 100 -> 101          

6 NO votes:  
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   6               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  43               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  20               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  31               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  20               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 00:51:13 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Asthetics

With the passage of blanket protection (R 592), it is no longer
necessary to clutter prose with "X is a Protected entity". Just
a note. Is it true :) ?

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:52:23 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1001 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1001
  Proposal 1001 - Wed Jul 10 15:44:02 EDT 1996
  Creation of the office of Wizard
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

9 YES votes   5 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Niccolo Flychuck loses 9 points.  17 -> 8

9 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                   20 -> 21           
  Malenkai               FUN                   36 -> 37           
  Brinjal                                       7 -> 8            
  Niccolo Flychuck                              8 -> 9            
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld             6 -> 7            
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -30 -> -29          
  Habeous Corpus                               20 -> 21           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 101 -> 102          

5 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  43               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  31               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  20               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Bascule                FUN                   =  27

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:52:54 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1002 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1002
  Proposal 1002 - Wed Jul 10 15:44:21 EDT 1996
  Definition of a pack of playing cards
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

10 YES votes   4 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Niccolo Flychuck gains 9 points.  9 -> 18

10 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  21               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  37               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  18               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   7               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -29               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  43               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  21               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 102               

4 NO votes:  2 points each
  Brinjal                                       8 -> 10           
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  31 -> 33           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            12 -> 14           
  Wayne                  Underworld            20 -> 22           

1 PRESENT votes:
  Bascule                FUN                   =  27

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1002 - Wed Jul 10 15:44:21 EDT 1996
Definition of a pack of playing cards
Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

a proposal to create a rule entitled "Definition of a pack of playing cards"
which contains the following text:

1. This rule defines an Ackanomic entity called a pack playing cards(aka
PoPc), and the ways such entities may be legally used. This rule does not
create such an entity Other rules may dictate the creation and destcution of
packs of playing cards

2. Description
There are 124 cards in a pack divided in the following manner
There are 8 suits, following are the names of the suits and the symbols that
mark them:
!   - wands
@ - shtrudels
# - cross-stripes
$ - dollars
% - libra
^  - pointy hats 
& - serpents
* - stars

There are 15 cards in each suit. Nine of them are number cards, each card
depicts a number from 2-10. In each suit there is exactly one card of each
number.
There are also 6 face-cards in each suit. Each suit has exactly one of each
of the following face cards:
Ace, Page, Knave, Monarch,  Nomic,Suber.
Unless otherwise specified, the face-cards have the following numerical values
Ace- 1
Page - 11
Knave - 12
Monarch - 13
Nomic - 14
Suber -15

The cards have colors, each suit is associated with a color according to the
following list:
!   - wands             @ - shtrudels   - Blue
# - cross-stripes  $ - dollars        - Green
% - libra               ^  - pointy hats - Black
& - serpents        * - stars             - Red

In addition there four Wild cards, Wild cards have no suit, color or value.
The four Wild cards are identical. With the exception of the Wild cards,
each card is unique within the pack.
Suits may be reffered to either by their names or symbols. Number cards may
refered to by their numerical balue, Face cards may be refered to either by
their full name or by their inital letter.

3. Creation and Destruction
A pack of playing cards may be created by any rule that includes the phrase
:"This rule creates a pack of playing cards." or words to that effect.
Rules may be created that describe other ways of creating packs of playing
cards.
Similarly, other rules may describe methods for the destruction if playing
cards.
Whenever a pack of playing cards is created, or destroyed, it is created or
destroyed as a full pack as described in section 2 of this rule. Individual
playing cards may not be created or destroyed, unless they are part of a
full pack. The Creation and Destruction of packs of cards are Protected.
This section takes precedence over any rule that reffers to playing cards,
or packs of playing cards.

4. Usage
Playing cards and packs of playing cards may be used in games or activities,
if any exist, as defined by the rules creating those games and activities. 
Playing cards only have an influence within the scope of the games or
activities in which they are being used, and they may only be used within
those games and activities in the way described by the rules creating those
games and activities.
Playing cards have no influence outside the scope of the games or activities
in which they are being used.
However the results of the games or activities, whether intermediary or
final, may have an effect on Acaknomic, they may cause currency and assets
to change hands,  they may have an effect on players' score, but only in the
manner described by the rules creating the specific game or activity.

5. Ownership

Each pack of playing card must be owned by a registered player. Any pack may
be sold, bought, traded, or given away, unless the rules specifically state
otherwise.
When packs of playing cards change ownership, in any manner whatsoever, they
do so as full packs. Individual playing cards may not change ownership, in
any way other than as part of a full pack.

A player must own a pack of playing cards in order to organize a game or
activity which uses a pack of playing cards.  Other players who participate
in the game or activity may control cards for the duration of the game or
activity, but once the game or activity are over, all playing cards return
to the owner of the pack of playing cards used in the game or activity.

Any single pack of playing cards may only be used for one game or activity
at a time. A player may own more than one pack of playing cards..

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:53:59 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1003 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1003
  Proposal 1003 - Wed Jul 10 15:44:42 EDT 1996
  Creation of Otzma Cards
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

6 YES votes   8 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Niccolo Flychuck loses 9 points.  18 -> 9

6 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                   21 -> 22           
  Malenkai               FUN                   37 -> 38           
  Niccolo Flychuck                              9 -> 10           
  gnome                                       =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -29 -> -28          
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 102 -> 103          

8 NO votes:  
  Brinjal                                     =  10               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   7               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  43               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  21               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  33               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  14               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  22               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Bascule                FUN                   =  27

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:54:18 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1004 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1004
  Proposal 1004 - Wed Jul 10 15:45:00 EDT 1996
  Catching Up
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

12 YES votes   2 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 9 points.  103 -> 112

12 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  22               
  Brinjal                                     =  10               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  10               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  27               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -28               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  21               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  33               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 112               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  22               

2 NO votes:  2 points each
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            43 -> 45           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            14 -> 16           

2 PRESENT votes:
  Malenkai               FUN                   =  38
  De'ghew                Underworld            =   7

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1004 - Wed Jul 10 15:45:00 EDT 1996
Catching Up
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

1. Amend Rule 571 as follows:
   Change "it's" to "its".
   Change "anounces" to "announces".
   Changes "sents" to "sends".

{{[Proposal 944 undid some of the spelling corrections in this rule.]}}

2. Amend Rule 379 to read, in full:
   "When a proposal is accepted which contains less than five lines of
    text in the body of the proposal, the player who submitted it is
    awarded five points."

3. Amend Rule 706 as follows:
   Change "voted in favor of" to "voted YES on"

{{[ These two changes were omitted in P950 because there were proposals
    in the queue to repeal the rules. ]}}

4. Amend Rule 937 as follows:
   Change "since the vacationers return" to "since the vacationer's return".
   Change "immediatly" to "immediately".
   Change "it is well know" to "it is well known".

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:54:38 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1005 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1005
  Proposal 1005 - Wed Jul 10 15:45:10 EDT 1996
  Electing the Gaoler
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

15 YES votes   1 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 9 points.  112 -> 121

15 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  22               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  38               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  10               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  27               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -28               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  45               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  21               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  33               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 121               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  16               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  22               

1 NO votes:  2 points each
  De'ghew                Underworld             7 -> 9            

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1005 - Wed Jul 10 15:45:10 EDT 1996
Electing the Gaoler
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

1. Amend R612, 'Functional Offices, Commonalities' as follows:
   Change the first sentence from 
       "This rule takes precedence over all mutable rules."
   to:
       "This rule takes precedence over rule 609."

   [[ Eliminating a blanket precedence clause; this will allow elected
      functional offices (like Gaoler already claims to be). ]]

2. Amend rule 712, 'Gaoler, Creation of'.
   Change section (ii) from:
     "There shall be one seat for this office. This seat is filled by
      election."
   to:
     "There shall be one seat for this office. This seat is filled by
      election.  This rule takes precedence over rule 612."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:55:01 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1006 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 1006
  Proposal 1006 - Wed Jul 10 15:45:21 EDT 1996
  Unofficial voting period
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

12 YES votes   1 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 9 points.  121 -> 130

12 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  22               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  38               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  10               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -28               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  21               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  33               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 130               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  16               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  22               

1 NO votes:  2 points each
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            45 -> 47           

2 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =   9
  Bascule                FUN                   =  27

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 1006 - Wed Jul 10 15:45:21 EDT 1996
Unofficial voting period
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

   {{[ "Official Voting Period" is undefined. ]}}

1. Amend Rule 629, 'Constitutional Convention; Procedure' by changing
   "Official Voting Period' and 'official voting period', each time those
   phrases occur, to 'Prescribed Voting Period'.

2. Amend R695 "Office of Common Sense, Redundancy, and Redundancy"
   to read, in full:

  "(a) There shall be a functional office called Common Sense, Redundancy,
       and Redundancy.  This office may be referred to as CSRR.
   (b) The purpose of the Office of Common Sense, Redundancy, and Redundancy
       is to make changes to the rules when it finds that the rules, as
       written, do not make sense, are redundant, do not conform _in fact_
       to their interpretation in game custom, or are redundant.
       The Office may perform other functions if they conform to the rules.
       [The Office should make minor changes.  But if it can get major
       changes past the, shall we say, review process, it can.]
   (c) A privilege of the CSRR is publishing Common Sense Reports.
       A common sense report (CSR) is a suggested change to the rules.
       A CSR is not a proposal.  The changes suggested in a CSR may
       only consist of amending and repealing mutable rules.
   (d) The CSRR shall distribute CSR's publicly, and assign each one a
       unique number.  After a CSR is distributed, any player may
       officially object to it by publishing his objection publicly.
       If no player objects to the CSR within the Prescribed Voting
       Period after it has been distributed, then at the end of that
       time, the changes it suggests will be made.  The CSRR shall
       publish a notice that the changes have been made."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:55:23 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1007 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1007
  Proposal 1007 - Thu Jul 11 11:41:22 EDT 1996
  Creation of Various PartyChessPieces
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

8 YES votes   5 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Niccolo Flychuck loses 9 points.  10 -> 1

8 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   38 -> 39           
  Robin Hood                                   22 -> 23           
  Niccolo Flychuck                              1 -> 2            
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld             9 -> 10           
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -28 -> -27          
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 130 -> 131          
  Wayne                  Underworld            22 -> 23           

5 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  47               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  21               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  33               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  16               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Bascule                FUN                   =  27

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:56:15 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1008 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1008
  Proposal 1008 - Thu Jul 11 11:41:33 EDT 1996
  Lazy III
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

7 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 9 points.  39 -> 30

7 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   30 -> 31           
  Robin Hood                                   23 -> 24           
  Niccolo Flychuck                              2 -> 3            
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                   27 -> 28           
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -27 -> -26          
  Wayne                  Underworld            23 -> 24           

8 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  10               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  47               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  21               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  33               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 131               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  16               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 0:56:41 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 1009 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 1009
  Proposal 1009 - Thu Jul 11 11:42:58 EDT 1996
  #proposal
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 16 eligible voters -- 13 players cast votes

6 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 9 points.  -26 -> -35

6 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   31 -> 32           
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                   28 -> 29           
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -35 -> -34          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            47 -> 48           
  Habeous Corpus                               21 -> 22           

8 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  24               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  10               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  33               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 131               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  16               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  24               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  Mellon                                      
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #127
*******************************