Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #124
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Monday, July 22 1996         Volume 01 : Number 124

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:55:56 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 970 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 970
  Proposal 970 - Fri Jul 05 22:18:48 EDT 1996
  Ackanomic/Internomic Interface
  Kelly Martin  (Kelly Martin)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

13 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Kelly Martin gains 9 points.  4 -> 13

13 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -25               
  Robin Hood                                  =   6               
  Brinjal                                     =  -5               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   8               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  20               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -25               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   9               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  13               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 102               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  10               

5 NO votes:  2 points each
  Mellon                                       15 -> 17           
  De'ghew                Underworld            -1 -> 1            
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            35 -> 37           
  Techno                 Underworld            31 -> 33           
  pTang1001001sos                              20 -> 22           

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 970 - Fri Jul 05 22:18:48 EDT 1996
Ackanomic/Internomic Interface
Kelly Martin  (Kelly Martin)

The following Rule shall be created:

   As soon as it is possible to do so, Ackanomic shall petition to
   become a member of InterNomic, with the Ambassador (or, in the
   absence of an Ambassador, the Speaker) as Ackanomic's Liaison to
   InterNomic. 

   Ackanomic's Liaison shall keep the Players of Ackanomic apprised in
   a timely fashion of events in InterNomic of interest to Ackanomic.

   Any Ackanomic Player may request the Liaison to make an InterNomic
   Proposal by sending the Proposal to the Liaison, but may only do so
   once per week.

   Whenever Ackanomic is permitted to vote upon any matter in
   Internomic, the Liaison shall initiate a vote in Ackanomic to
   determine how he should cast Ackanomic's vote in Internomic.  The
   Liaison shall establish reasonable procedures for such voting, and
   shall cast Ackanomic vote in accordance to the results of the
   vote.

   Whenever Ackanomic is required to serve as a judge in Internomic,
   the Liaison shall render that judgement, and shall do so in the
   best interests of Ackanomic.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:57:04 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 971 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 971
  Proposal 971 - Fri Jul 05 22:19:10 EDT 1996
  Speed
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

17 YES votes   1 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  -25 -> -16

17 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -16               
  Robin Hood                                  =   6               
  Mellon                                      =  17               
  Brinjal                                     =  -5               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   8               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   1               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  20               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -25               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  37               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   9               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  13               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 102               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  22               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  10               

1 NO votes:  2 points each
  Techno                 Underworld            33 -> 35           

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

snowgod has regained the voting gnome for what it's worth

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:57:49 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 972 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 972
  Proposal 972 - Fri Jul 05 22:19:28 EDT 1996
  Eggs in the Rules
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

5 YES votes   14 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 9 points.  -16 -> -25

5 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                  -25 -> -24          
  Mellon                                       17 -> 18           
  gnome                                       =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -25 -> -24          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            37 -> 38           

14 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   6               
  Brinjal                                     =  -5               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   8               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   1               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  20               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   9               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  13               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 102               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  35               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  22               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  10               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      
=======
And Pascal regains the gnome race

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:58:38 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 973 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 973
  Proposal 973 - Fri Jul 05 22:19:50 EDT 1996
  Presidential Decisions
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

14 YES votes   2 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  -24 -> -15

14 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -15               
  Robin Hood                                  =   6               
  Mellon                                      =  18               
  Brinjal                                     =  -5               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   8               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   1               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  20               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -24               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  38               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   9               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 102               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  22               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  10               

2 NO votes:  2 points each
  Niccolo Flychuck                             30 -> 32           
  Techno                 Underworld            35 -> 37           

1 PRESENT votes:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  =  13

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

The Buddy is now snowgod.......

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 973 - Fri Jul 05 22:19:50 EDT 1996
Presidential Decisions
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{[originally I was gonna make this a Holiday proposal, but I figured
we could start a list of things the President can do, in one place. Of
course, we won't be appending to it until after the next election :)]}}

All of the powers granted on this list are considered Presidential
decisions. The President, and only the President, may invoke them. Such
invocation must be in a public message, and must be accompanied by 
reasoning as to why it is being done.

I. Holiday

The President may declare any period of 1 or more days a Holiday. The
declaration must include the Holiday's duration and start date/time.

No time during a Holiday shall count towards the times officers have to
do their tasks. Nor shall it count towards any "periods" as defined 
elsewhere in the rules. This clause takes precedence over any mutable rule 
which would require the counting of such time. 

{{[this generally would not be used for traditional holidays, but for
things where the network to or the mail server will be down for a while,
or other some such]}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:59:33 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 975 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 975
  Proposal 975 - Fri Jul 05 22:20:38 EDT 1996
  Transmute
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

9 YES votes   6 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 9 points.  -14 -> -23

9 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                  -23 -> -22          
  Robin Hood                                    7 -> 8            
  Mellon                                       19 -> 20           
  Brinjal                                      -4 -> -3           
  Bascule                FUN                   20 -> 21           
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  13 -> 14           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 103 -> 104          
  pTang1001001sos                              23 -> 24           
  Wayne                  Underworld            10 -> 11           

6 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   9               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -32               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  38               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  10               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  37               

1 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =   1

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:59:07 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 974 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 974
  Proposal 974 - Fri Jul 05 22:20:13 EDT 1996
  Burn the Witches!
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

10 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 9 points.  -24 -> -33

10 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                  -15 -> -14          
  Robin Hood                                    6 -> 7            
  Mellon                                       18 -> 19           
  Brinjal                                      -5 -> -4           
  ThinMan                Nobs                   8 -> 9            
  gnome                                       =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -33 -> -32          
  Habeous Corpus                                9 -> 10           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 102 -> 103          
  pTang1001001sos                              22 -> 23           

8 NO votes:  
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  32               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   1               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  20               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  38               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  13               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  37               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  10               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 14:00:04 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 976 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 976
  Proposal 976 - Fri Jul 05 22:21:04 EDT 1996
  569 Fixup, plus get rid of those quote marks
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

11 YES votes   3 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  -22 -> -13

11 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   8               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -13               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   9               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  21               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -32               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  38               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  10               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 104               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  24               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  11               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  Mellon                                       20 -> 22           
  Brinjal                                      -3 -> -1           
  Techno                 Underworld            37 -> 39           

2 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =   1
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  =  14

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 976 - Fri Jul 05 22:21:04 EDT 1996
569 Fixup, plus get rid of those quote marks
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{[If Mohammed's rewrite of "Notes and Comments" passes, R 569 will
fall apart, and have to rely on "game custom" to survive. I like 
Mohammed's rewrite, so... Also, what is removed in b) below is part
of the rule, its just not on the web page. Might as well nuke it while
were here doing the important work.]}}

Amend R 569, "Overturning Judgements" to

	a) replace all occurences of the string "[in" with the string "In"

	b) remove all occurrences of the following string of text:

      "[[Comments: ...This would bring Ackanomic's legal system somewhat
inline with the Real World (tm) and also prevent the abuse of someone
continually apealing rulings." 

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 622, ""Limited Subject Line Lengths"" to change its title to

	"Customary Subject Line"

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 14:00:38 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 977 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 977
  Proposal 977 - Sun Jul 07 00:06:28 EDT 1996
  Saving Bandwidth
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

13 YES votes   2 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  -13 -> -4

13 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  -4               
  Robin Hood                                  =   8               
  Mellon                                      =  22               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   9               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   1               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  21               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -32               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  38               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  10               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 104               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  24               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  11               

2 NO votes:  2 points each
  Brinjal                                      -1 -> 1            
  Niccolo Flychuck                             32 -> 34           

1 PRESENT votes:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  =  14

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 977 - Sun Jul 07 00:06:28 EDT 1996
Saving Bandwidth
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 611, "Offices, Related Definitions", to make the following changes:

1) in section (ii), re-letter all subsections b) thru h) in turn  
   to become subsections c) thru i), in turn

2) in section (ii), directly after subsection a), add the following 
   subsection:

   b) If the number of Nominees is the same as the number of vacant 
      Seats for the Office in question, the appropriate Officer shall
      announce this fact, and the Seats shall be filled by the Nominees.
      This shall conclude the Election process; no actual Election shall
      be held in this case. Otherwise,

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 542, "Creation Political Parties", to replace the sentence:

    "The creation of a Political Party must be announced by a Charter
that is sent to the Speaker who will then distribute it publically."

with the sentence:

    "The creation of a Political Party must be announced by a Charter
that is sent to the public forum by any member of the new Party."

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 14:03:33 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 978 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 978
  Proposal 978 - Sun Jul 07 00:07:00 EDT 1996
  Mentors for New Players
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

9 YES votes   6 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 9 points.  -32 -> -41

9 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   -4 -> -3           
  Mellon                                       22 -> 23           
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld             1 -> 2            
  Bascule                FUN                   21 -> 22           
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -41 -> -40          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            38 -> 39           
  Habeous Corpus                               10 -> 11           
  pTang1001001sos                              24 -> 25           

6 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   8               
  Brinjal                                     =   1               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   9               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  34               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  14               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  11               

1 PRESENT votes:
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  = 104

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 14:04:42 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 980 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 980
  Proposal 980 - Sun Jul 07 00:18:56 EDT 1996
  Gnome Man's Land
  this is not a name  (Mike Epstein)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

8 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

this is not a name loses 9 points.  39 -> 30

8 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   -3 -> -2           
  Robin Hood                                    9 -> 10           
  Mellon                                       23 -> 24           
  ThinMan                Nobs                   9 -> 10           
  Niccolo Flychuck                             35 -> 36           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            30 -> 31           
  Habeous Corpus                               11 -> 12           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  96 -> 97           

8 NO votes:  
  Brinjal                                     =   2               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   3               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  23               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -40               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  15               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  26               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  12               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 14:05:11 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 981 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 981
  Proposal 981 - Sun Jul 07 16:42:45 EDT 1996
  Argh, this was the whole proposals 961-965 and I forgot it
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

10 YES votes   3 NO votes   3 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 9 points.  97 -> 106

10 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  10               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  -2               
  Brinjal                                     =   2               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  10               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  31               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  12               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  15               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 106               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  26               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  Mellon                                       24 -> 26           
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Wayne                  Underworld            12 -> 14           

3 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =   3
  Bascule                FUN                   =  23
  snowgod                (None Yet)            = -40

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 981 - Sun Jul 07 16:42:45 EDT 1996
Argh, this was the whole proposals 961-965 and I forgot it
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Amend Rule 666, "End of Cycle", by adding the following text to the end of
section e:
  "Each Undead stops haunting 20% (rounded down) of the A$ it is haunting."

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 14:05:53 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 982 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 982
  Proposal 982 - Sun Jul 07 16:52:55 EDT 1996
  Clarifying Invalid CFJs
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

15 YES votes   1 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  -2 -> 7

15 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  10               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =   7               
  Mellon                                      =  26               
  Brinjal                                     =   2               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  10               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  36               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   3               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  23               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -40               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  31               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  12               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 106               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  26               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  14               

1 NO votes:  2 points each
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  15 -> 17           

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 982 - Sun Jul 07 16:52:55 EDT 1996
Clarifying Invalid CFJs
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 589 "Invoking Judgement", to replace the third paragraph,
which currently reads:

      "CFJ's with no clear statement, or consisting of empty statements
or inherently contradictory statements or multiple statements shall not
be considered for judgement."

with: 

      "CFJ's with no clear statement, or consisting of empty statements
or inherently contradictory statements or multiple statements, in the
judgement of the Judge, shall be judged "Invalid". A statement with multiple
sentences is not necessarily disqualified; it is up to the judgement of
the Judge as to whether such submission is Invalid, as per above."

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 214, "Three Possible Judgements", to:

      a) change it title to "Possible Judgements"

      b) amend its text to read, in full:

      "There are only the following possible Judgements: (1) True; (2) False;
(3) Undecided; or (4) Invalid. A Judgement may be accompanied by reasons and
arguments, but any such reasons and arguments form no part of the official
Judgement itself."

{{[previous text:
      There are only three possible Judgements: (1) True; (2) False; or (3) 
Undecided. A Judgement may
      be accompanied by reasons an arguments, but any such reasons and 
arguments form no part of
      the official Judgement itself.
]}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 14:08:39 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 983 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 983
  Proposal 983 - Mon Jul 08 08:22:34 EDT 1996
  Auto-Gnome
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

12 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 9 points.  106 -> 115

12 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  10               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =   7               
  Mellon                                      =  26               
  Brinjal                                     =   2               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  10               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  36               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  23               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  31               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  17               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 115               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  26               

5 NO votes:  2 points each
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld             3 -> 5            
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -40 -> -38          
  Habeous Corpus                               12 -> 14           
  Wayne                  Underworld            14 -> 16           

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 983 - Mon Jul 08 08:22:34 EDT 1996
Auto-Gnome
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

{{ [ In the spirit of Proposal 956... ] }}

Amend Rule 355 as follows:

1. If the sentence

  "The Gnome Buddy may dictate how the Voting Gnome shall vote on each
   Proposal submitted while e is the Gnome Buddy."

or the sentence

  "The Gnome Buddy may cast a vote for himself as well as the Voting Gnome
   for every Proposal dated within the period that the Player has control
   of the Gnome."

appears in the rule, change it to:

  "At the end of a proposal's voting period, the Gnome shall vote the same
   way as the player who is the Gnome Buddy at that time, if there is such
   a player, and that player voted on that proposal; otherwise the Gnome
   shall abstain."

2. If the sentence

  "In the event that there is no Gnome Buddy, or if the Gnome Buddy fails
   to specify how the Voting Gnome shall vote, the Voting Gnome will not
   vote."

appears in the rule, delete it.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 14:12:41 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 984 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 984
  Proposal 984 - Tue Jul 09 15:08:51 EDT 1996
  Ephemeral
  pTang1001001sos  (Mark Nau)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

8 YES votes   7 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

pTang1001001sos loses 9 points.  26 -> 17

8 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                   10 -> 11           
  Malenkai               FUN                    7 -> 8            
  Mellon                                       26 -> 27           
  ThinMan                Nobs                  10 -> 11           
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            31 -> 32           
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  17 -> 18           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 115 -> 116          

7 NO votes:  
  Brinjal                                     =   2               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  36               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  23               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -38               
  Habeous Corpus                              =  14               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  16               

1 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =   5

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 14:14:38 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 986 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 986
  Proposal 986 - Tue Jul 09 15:09:22 EDT 1996
  Blanket Protection (Codifying CFJ 113)
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 17 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

11 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  10 -> 19

11 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  13               
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  19               
  Brinjal                                     =   2               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  11               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  36               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   5               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  23               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -38               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 116               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  16               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            32 -> 34           
  Habeous Corpus                               16 -> 18           
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  20 -> 22           

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Techno                 Underworld           
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  Mellon                                      
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  pTang1001001sos                             
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 986 - Tue Jul 09 15:09:22 EDT 1996
Blanket Protection (Codifying CFJ 113)
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 592, "Protection", to read, in full:

      "A Protected entity may not be created, destroyed, or manipulated
except as specified by the Rules. It has no effect on the game other than
those effects specified by the Rules.

       A Protected action may not be performed except as specified by the
rules. An action's performance has no effect on the game other than those
effects specified by the Rules.

       All entities and actions in Ackanomic are Protected by default,
unless the rule(s) which specify or define their behaviour *explicitly*
state otherwise. This clause defers precedence to all such mutable rules
which *explicitly* state such." 

{{[ original text:
      A protected entity may not be created, destroyed, or manipulated
except as specified by the Rules. It has no effect on the game other than
those effects specified by the Rules.]}}

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #124
*******************************