Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #123
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Monday, July 22 1996         Volume 01 : Number 123

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 16:45:04 +0000
From: Bascule <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Official: End of Vacation

Dear all

I'm back, and am taking myself off vacation. Sorry about being away 
longer than I originally said.

I'm glad the game's still going; I thought /dev/joe had vapourised it 
for a while.

I note that the Supreme Court has not been up to much in the past ten 
days! If I've understood things properly, myself and mr cwm are now 
justices, with no acting justices in any thread. I guess we may be 
facing some pretty hefty fines shortly. I'll be getting in touch with 
mr cwm this evening - expect some verdicts soon

Bascule

PS Phoebe's been very verbal recently; I'm pleased that players have 
been opening her matchbox, not just carelessly losing it as before

PPS I should have stayed on vacation for a few more days to get
myself a hat

 

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:21:24 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Scorekeepor

I hearby resign as Scorekeepor.  I have done an awful job as your scorekeepor
and I am embarrassed by my work.  I feel that by resigning as scorekeepor
I can concentrate more on my job as Promoter and Tabulator.  I also may
have somne time to author some proposals as well.

i recommend that /dev/joe be appointed as the new scorekeepor.  He has done
most of my work for me the last couple of months.  I will try to maintain
the current scores until my successor can be found.

Here are the scores as posted by /dev/joe.  I will be distributing the proposal
results based on these scores.  So if any changes or corrections need to
be made, we can backtrack from these scores.

81	/dev/joe             A   (Joseph DeVincentis) 
29	Niccolo Flychuck     V   (Uri Bruck) 
25	this is not a name   A   (Mike Epstein) 
17	Techno               A   (Jerome Herrman) 
16	Bascule              A   (Matt Black) 
12	mr cwm               A   (Eric Murray) 
9	Mellon               V   (Niklas Mellin) 
8	pTang1001001sos      V   (Mark Nau) 
7	Kelly Martin         A   (Kelly Martin) 
4	ThinMan              V   (John Bollinger) 
1	Robin Hood           A   (R Shaw) 
1	Mohammed             A   (Jason Orendorff) 
0	fon                  V   (Adrian Smith) 
0	chess piece face     V   (Paul Swan) 
0	The Great Old One    V   (Sean Crystal) 
0	Simon Marty Harriman V   (Andy Swan) 
0	Habeous Corpus       A   (Ed Graham) 
- -3	Robert Sevin         A   (Mitchell Harding) 
- -5	Brinjal              A   (Simon Clarke) 
- -7	De'ghew              A   (John Spickes) 
- -19	Calvin N Hobbes      V   (Thierry Joffrain) 
- -20	Pascal               V   (Jason Reed) 
- -31	snowgod              A   (Phil Ackley) 
- -36	Malenkai             A   (Randy Hall) 
- -55	Wayne                A   (Wayne Sheppard) 

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:27:41 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 958 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 958
  Proposal 958 - Wed Jul 03 12:04:05 EDT 1996
  Fixing the Retroactivity Ban
  Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

Quorum met : 20 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

14 YES votes   2 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Mohammed gains 9 points.  1 -> 10

14 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   1               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -36               
  Mellon                                      =   9               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   4               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  29               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  -7               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -31               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  25               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   7               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  81               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   8               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -55               

2 NO votes:  2 points each
  Habeous Corpus                                0 -> 2            
  Techno                 Underworld            17 -> 19           

2 PRESENT votes:
  Bascule                FUN                   =  16
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            =  12

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             
  Mohammed                                    

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 958 - Wed Jul 03 12:04:05 EDT 1996
Fixing the Retroactivity Ban
Mohammed  (Jason Orendorff)

[ This has been in the works for a while now.  It strengthens the 
retroactivity ban.  Also, it changes R491 so that if one rule change 
falls on R106's bad side, that doesn't mean the whole proposal gets 
nuked. ]

1.  Rule 106 is hereby amended to read:
=====
No rule may generate any effect that applies retroactively to a time
before the generation of the effect.  A rule change may not have any
effects retroactive to before its adoption.  A statement verified by
judgement, however, applies retroactively to any past game situation
it may concern.
=====

2.  Rule 491 is hereby amended to read, in whole:
=====
A rule change is a description of a game effect.  A rule change is valid
if it describes the creation of a new mutable rule, the amendment of an
existing mutable rule, the repeal of an existing mutable rule, or a change
of the mutability of any rule.  Otherwise, the rule change is invalid. 

When a valid rule change is adopted, the effect described by the rule
change happens.  The adoption of an invalid rule change has no effect.

A proposal is any collection of text designated as a proposal, submitted
in the proper manner.  When a proposal is accepted, any rule changes
in the proposal are adopted, one at a time, in the order in which they
appear.
=====

3.  Rule 516 is repealed.

4.  Rule 106 is transmuted from Mutable to Immutable.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:29:03 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 959 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 959
  Proposal 959 - Wed Jul 03 12:50:05 EDT 1996
  Magic Monday
  Wayne  (Wayne Sheppard)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

5 YES votes   13 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Wayne loses 9 points.  -55 -> -64

5 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                    1 -> 2            
  ThinMan                Nobs                   4 -> 5            
  gnome                                       =   0               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  81 -> 82           
  Wayne                  Underworld           -64 -> -63          

13 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -36               
  Mellon                                      =   9               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  29               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  -7               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  16               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -31               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  25               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   2               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   7               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  19               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   8               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:29:40 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 960 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 960
  Proposal 960 - Wed Jul 03 17:22:39 EDT 1996
  Official Monkey
  Kelly Martin  (Kelly Martin)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

8 YES votes   10 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Kelly Martin loses 9 points.  7 -> -2

8 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                    2 -> 3            
  Malenkai               FUN                  -36 -> -35          
  Mellon                                        9 -> 10           
  Bascule                FUN                   16 -> 17           
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -31 -> -30          
  Habeous Corpus                                2 -> 3            
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  -2 -> -1           
  pTang1001001sos                               8 -> 9            

10 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   5               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  29               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  -7               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  25               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  82               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  19               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -63               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:30:24 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 961 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 961
  Proposal 961 - Wed Jul 03 17:23:06 EDT 1996
  New and Returning Players
  pTang1001001sos  (Mark Nau)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

8 YES votes   11 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

pTang1001001sos loses 9 points.  9 -> 0

8 YES votes:  1 point each
  Mellon                                       10 -> 11           
  ThinMan                Nobs                   5 -> 6            
  Niccolo Flychuck                             29 -> 30           
  De'ghew                Underworld            -7 -> -6           
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  -1 -> 0            
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  82 -> 83           
  pTang1001001sos                               0 -> 1            

11 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   3               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -35               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  17               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -30               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  25               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   3               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  19               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -63               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:30:50 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 962 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 962
  Proposal 962 - Wed Jul 03 17:24:25 EDT 1996
  Undead and stuff
  pTang1001001sos  (Mark Nau)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

16 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

pTang1001001sos gains 9 points.  1 -> 10

16 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   3               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -35               
  Mellon                                      =  11               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   6               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  -6               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  17               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -30               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  25               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   3               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   0               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  83               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  10               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Techno                 Underworld            19 -> 21           
  Wayne                  Underworld           -63 -> -61          

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 962 - Wed Jul 03 17:24:25 EDT 1996
Undead and stuff
pTang1001001sos  (Mark Nau)

A Proposal to do each of the following, in turn:

A) create a Rule entitled "Twas Brillig":
=====
The following entities are mimsy:

Gumball
Magic Potato
Phoebe
Phoebe's matchbox
Great Trombone
Brass Monkey

No other entities are mimsy unless explicitly designated as such by
the Rules.

{{[mimsy entities will be taken from a Player when e leaves the game.
The next rule in this Proposal does that.]}}
=====

B) create a Rule entitled "Player Leaving/Returning Process":
=====
There shall exist the following protected acka-entities:
- - Bond Promissory

When a player announces eir intent to leave the game:
1) Every PF associated with em converts into a Bond Promissory in
   eir Real Life name.
2) All of eir mimsy possessions are taken away and considered unowned.
3) An Undead is created, and haunts all of the player's remaining
   possessions.
4) All of these possessions become unowned and go into the Treasury.
5) The player is removed from all Offices.
6) The player is no longer a player, and is relieved of any and all
   obligations within the game.
7) The Undead created in step 4 is given the name the player had when e
   announced eir intent to leave the game.

When a player returns to the game:
1) Eir score is 0, unless e left the game during the current cycle,
   in which case eir score is the minimum of (the score e had when
   e last left the game, 0).
2) Upon choosing eir Ackanomic name in accordance with the Rules:
      If there exists an Undead of that name, the Undead is destroyed,
      and therefore ceases haunting anything.  All the entities that the
      just-destroyed Undead was haunting just before it was destroyed are
      then given to the returning player.
=====

C) amend R703 to append the following section to the end:
=====
5. This Rule defers to other Rules on the matter of whether it is permissible
for a returning Player to choose, as eir Ackanomic name, the same name as an
Undead.
=====

D) repeal R859.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:32:00 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 963 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 963
  Proposal 963 - Wed Jul 03 17:24:46 EDT 1996
  Leaving the Game
  pTang1001001sos  (Mark Nau)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

12 YES votes   5 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

pTang1001001sos gains 9 points.  10 -> 19

12 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -35               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   6               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  17               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -30               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  25               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   0               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  83               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  19               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -61               

5 NO votes:  2 points each
  Robin Hood                                    3 -> 5            
  Mellon                                       11 -> 13           
  De'ghew                Underworld            -6 -> -4           
  Habeous Corpus                                3 -> 5            
  Techno                 Underworld            21 -> 23           

1 PRESENT votes:
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            =  12

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 963 - Wed Jul 03 17:24:46 EDT 1996
Leaving the Game
pTang1001001sos  (Mark Nau)

A Proposal to do each of the following, in turn:

A) Transmute R111 to mutable.

B) Amend R111 so that its text reads, in whole:
"A player always has the option to leave the game."
and so that its title is "Leaving the Game"

C) Amend R362 so that it reads, in whole:
"
If any player who is not currently on a voluntarily activated vacation
does not vote or communicate publicly with all of the Ackanomic players
for a time period of one week, and this fact is pointed out to the
Speaker by any player, then the Speaker must send a message to the
player who has been absent. In this message the Speaker must ask the
player if e wishes to continue playing the game, and points out why the
message is being sent. If the player does not reply within two days,
then e is considered to have left the game.
"

D) Transmute R111 to immutable.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:33:04 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 964 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 964
  Proposal 964 - Wed Jul 03 18:45:17 EDT 1996
  Night of the Living Dead
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

16 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 9 points.  83 -> 92

16 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -35               
  Robin Hood                                  =   5               
  Mellon                                      =  13               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   6               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  -4               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  17               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -30               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  25               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   5               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   0               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  92               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  19               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Techno                 Underworld            23 -> 25           
  Wayne                  Underworld           -61 -> -59          

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 964 - Wed Jul 03 18:45:17 EDT 1996
Night of the Living Dead
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

1. Create a new rule, entitled "Undead, Creation of", with this text:

There exists the class of protected acka-entities known as the Undead.
a) Each Undead has a name and can act to "haunt" some number of entities.
b) The Undead only act as specified in the Rules.
c) Entities that are haunted by Undead cannot be manipulated in any way
   except by an action of the Undead.  This clause takes precedence over
   any mutable Rule that would otherwise allow haunted entities to be
   manipulated.
   [The Undead _haunt_ rather than possess entities.]

- -----

2. Amend Rule 665, "Treasury and Hard Money":

Change the paragraph entitled "Bankrupt Treasury" to:

Whenever some number of Players are to receive A$ from the Treasury, and
there are insufficient available A$ to meet those obligations, the following
process is executed:

a) If there are no A$ being haunted by Undead, skip to step (d) of this
   process.
b) Each Undead stops haunting 10% (round up) of the A$ it is haunting.
c) If there are still insufficient available A$ to meet the obligations,
   the process returns to step (a).
d) If there are sufficient available A$ to meet to the obligations, the
   obligations are met, and the process ends.
e) the remaining available A$ in the treasury shall be given to the players
   in proportion to the number of A$ owed each player.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:33:47 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 965 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 965
  Proposal 965 - Wed Jul 03 18:45:28 EDT 1996
  Previously Granted
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

13 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 9 points.  92 -> 101

13 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -35               
  Robin Hood                                  =   5               
  Mellon                                      =  13               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   6               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  -4               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  17               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  25               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   0               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 101               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  19               

5 NO votes:  2 points each
  gnome                                       =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -30 -> -28          
  Habeous Corpus                                5 -> 7            
  Techno                 Underworld            25 -> 27           
  Wayne                  Underworld           -59 -> -57          

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 965 - Wed Jul 03 18:45:28 EDT 1996
Previously Granted
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

1. Amend Rule 839, "Building, Creation of".
Change the first sentence after the list of building sizes to:

"Each player who has not previously been granted land by application
of this rule shall be granted 1 kaa of urban land and a building of
small size as eir legal residence."

=====

2. Amend Rule 480, "Creation of the AckaDollar", to read, in full:

The AckaDollar (A$) will be the official currency of Ackanomia. 

Each player who has not previously been granted A$ by application of
this rule shall be granted A$900 from the treasury.  AckaDollars cannot
be traded, exchanged, given, destroyed or in any way acted upon except
as specified in the Rules.

=====

3. Amend Rule 481, "Creation of PF Bonds", to read, in full:

There shall exist an acka-entity known as the Political Favor(PF), also
known as the Bond or PFBond.

Each PF is "associated" with exactly one player.

Each player who has not previously been granted PFs by application of this
rule shall be granted 100 newly created PFs associated to eirself.  At
this time, the Financier shall assign a label that may be used to refer to
the PFs associated with that player. [e.g.: PFCalvin]

PFs are protected entities, and may not be broken into fractional PFs.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:37:26 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Prop 959 Fails

Note that my score should be reset to 0 then incremented by 1 as
a result of the scoreing on this proposal.

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:44:34 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 966 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 966
  Proposal 966 - Thu Jul 04 01:53:17 EDT 1996
  Malenkai's Blue Cross
  this is not a name  (Mike Epstein)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

14 YES votes   3 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

this is not a name gains 9 points.  25 -> 34

14 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   5               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -35               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   6               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  -4               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  17               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -28               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  34               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   7               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 101               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  19               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                   0 -> 2            
  Techno                 Underworld            27 -> 29           
  Wayne                  Underworld             7 -> 9            

1 PRESENT votes:
  Mellon                                       =  13

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

==============================
This proposal is the first that lists my current score.  I've taken into
account the last 5 proposals and adjusted my score accordingly.

The new gnome buddy is Malenkai.  Since there is no way that he has time to
submit votes for the gnome, I have voted for the gnome the way that Malenkai
would have voted himself.

Wayne
==============

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 966 - Thu Jul 04 01:53:17 EDT 1996
Malenkai's Blue Cross
this is not a name  (Mike Epstein)

{{The Blue Cross formerly belonging to Malenkai is hereby given back to 
him.}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:45:34 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 967 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 967
  Proposal 967 - Thu Jul 04 01:53:41 EDT 1996
  Asthetics
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

14 YES votes   3 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  -35 -> -26

14 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   5               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -26               
  Mellon                                      =  13               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =  17               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           = -28               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  34               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   7               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 101               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  19               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =   9               

3 NO votes:  2 points each
  ThinMan                Nobs                   6 -> 8            
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                   2 -> 4            
  Techno                 Underworld            29 -> 31           

1 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =  -4

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      
===============================================
Please note that snowgod is the new gnome budddy.

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 967 - Thu Jul 04 01:53:41 EDT 1996
Asthetics
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 703 to replace section 1, which currently reads:

      1. Nothing in Ackanomic shall have the name or title as any other
 thing in Ackanomic. Rules, Players, Offices, Organizations, Political
 Parties, and Entities defined in the rules are specifically covered by
 this rule, but other things may be covered as well. Proposals are
 specifically not covered.

with: 

      1. Nothing in Ackanomic shall have the name or title as any other
 thing in Ackanomic, with the exception that a Rule title may be the
 same as the name of an Entity that rule defines. Rules, Players, Offices,
 Organizations, Political Parties, and Entities defined in the rules are
 specifically covered by this rule, but other things may be covered as
 well. Proposals are specifically not covered.

{{[I much prefer the one or 2 word title of the rule being the same as
the entity it defines, rather than the "Creation of" being appended to
everything. Its slicker looking. Hopefully the voters will agree]}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:48:05 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 968 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 968
  Proposal 968 - Thu Jul 04 01:54:22 EDT 1996
  Clearing up R 431
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

10 YES votes   6 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 9 points.  -26 -> -35

10 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                    5 -> 6            
  Malenkai               FUN                  -35 -> -34          
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld            -4 -> -3           
  Bascule                FUN                   17 -> 18           
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -28 -> -27          
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            34 -> 35           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 101 -> 102          
  pTang1001001sos                              19 -> 20           
  Wayne                  Underworld             9 -> 10           

6 NO votes:  
  Mellon                                      =  13               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   8               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  Habeous Corpus                              =   7               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  31               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  =   4

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

===============
Note again that Malenkai is the gnome buddy for now

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 13:50:18 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 969 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 969
  Proposal 969 - Thu Jul 04 01:54:49 EDT 1996
  The Proposal Queue is not a Public Forum
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

13 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  -34 -> -25

13 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =   6               
  Malenkai               FUN                  = -25               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   8               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  30               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  35               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   4               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 = 102               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  31               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  12               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  20               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  10               

5 NO votes:  2 points each
  Mellon                                       13 -> 15           
  De'ghew                Underworld            -3 -> -1           
  Bascule                FUN                   18 -> 20           
  snowgod                (None Yet)           -27 -> -25          
  Habeous Corpus                                7 -> 9            

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Pascal                                      

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 969 - Thu Jul 04 01:54:49 EDT 1996
The Proposal Queue is not a Public Forum
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R 423 - Retracting Proposals, to replace the phrase

"1 point penalty" with the phrase "2 point penalty"

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #123
*******************************