Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #119
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, July 20 1996        Volume 01 : Number 119

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 00:18:09 -0600
From: Mitchell Harding <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Misc 

At the outset of this let me say that I am not necessarily in support of the
impeachment of ThinMan... I am merely arguing points that were raised in the
following post...

>As far as the failure to collect,  I have heard some sound legal
>reasoning in defense of Thin Man,  but I still think there is a more
>fundamental issue at stake here.  Acka is a sovereign entity,  as much so
>as the USA.  In order to enforce a monetary collection between two
>sovereign states,  some treaty or diplomatic engine must exist between
>the two states to enforce collections of any kind.

I don't know why this would be the case... Why would there have to be a
treaty or other diplomatic bridge between two entities in order for them to
exchange goods? I mean, there most likely would be, but why is it necessary?
This kind of seems like a silly argument to me...

>$US are worthless in Acka;  I can find no record of currency conversion
>anywhere in the Rules.  Granted,  there are a LOT of Rules,  if anyone is
>aware of any which contradict my reasoning, please feel free to correct
>me.

So what... Spit is worthless in the U.S... Does this make it illegal for me
to demand 10 liters of spit in return for services rendered, or to require
them to be delivered to me in a legal contract? Not at all... Sure the money
might be worthless, but that is irrelevant...

Robert Sevin,
Wearing a Silly Vacation Hat.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 02:42:20 +0000 
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Acka: Mail Problems

Greetings Fellow Ackanomians,

Something is wrong with the mail server at my ISP.  I am able to recieve
email just fine, but when I try to send I get all sorts of weird messages
back.  Something about a "buildusr not existing".

Anyhow, hopefully it will be cleared up in the next couple of days.  I am
still here reading my mail though i cannot send.  I will not place myself
on vacation, unless this turns out to be an extended problem, and then I
will reconsider that decision.

If anything comes up that requires an urgent response on my part, I will
still answer.  I have set up my own personal mailserver on my computer
(though it is only active when I am online) so I can send mail in an
emergency (how else do you think I got this message out?)

If it matters to anyone, until this situation is cleared up, my mail will
come from [email-masked]

Thanks and remember to cast your votes for the senatorial election,

snowgod

Ambassador - Former CSRR - Acting Senator
Wearing a prosthetic forehead - Heretic (twice)
Founder, Church of the Markovian Dream
Candidate for Inventor - Candidate for Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 10:29:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Spickes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Official: Silly Vacation Hat

	After hours at the forge, I have completed chess piece face's 
Silly Vacation Hat.  Behold!

	chess piece face's Silly Vacation Hat is a chess piece hat to
match his chess piece face.  The hat is roughly three feet tall and in the
shape of a large rook mounted atop a shiny metal helm.  The rook is
constructed in such a manner as to be easily defendable, complete with
arrow slits.  Mounted on the sides, front and back of the rook are four
miniature torches which burn continuously from the lifetime supply of
propane stored within the hat.  
	A model knight, clad in glimmering bulbous armor, stands proudly
atop the tower.  The knight holds the flag of Ackanomia and his little
arms are springloaded such that he waves the flag triumphantly whenever
the hat is wiggled just a bit. 
	The base of the hat is a shiny metal helm which fits chess piece 
face's head almost perfectly.  It is constructed of the finest double-thick 
steel which, although somewhat heavier than its thinner counterparts, 
affords extra protection for cpf's noggin.  The helm also has a heavy 
steel visor which swings into place from above with a loud *CLANK*.  With 
the visor closed, chess piece face's head is superbly protected from 
wind, rain and the occasional battle axe.  

	Wear it with honor, noble chess piece face!

	SuDo'jaj
	De'ghew	

- -- 
  John Spickes - Undergraduate - UMCP - http://www.wam.umd.edu/~jspickes
   PGP encrypted email preferred - finger [email-masked] for key

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 15:03:38 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1013

Proposal 1013 - Fri Jul 19 15:03:37 EDT 1996
Injunctions
Robin Hood  (R Shaw)

 Whenever any player feels that the state of ackanomic is in doubt, 
they may petition the supreme court for an injunction.

The petition must:
a/ be public,
b/ say why the state of the game is unclear,
c/ list the possible game states.

If  and only if a majority of all justices (acting or otherwise) decide
that the game state is unclear and also that this uncertainty
may have a significant adverse effect upon the game then they
may issue an injunction.

The sumpreme court must either issue an injunction or decline to
within 3 days of the public petition.

The injunction: 
1/  must say what action is responsible for creating this uncertainty,
 to be called the responsible action
2/  must say how the uncertainty can be resolved in accordance with
the rules,
3/  may prohibit any action if the legality of that action is unclear 
because of the responsible action.

Clause 3 may be applied any number of time.
The president may veto any injuction.
Actions required by immutable rules can not be prohibited
Performing prohibited actions is a criminal act.

Once the uncertainty as been resolved as specified in the injunction
all prohibitions made by it are removed.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 15:04:48 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1014

Proposal 1014 - Fri Jul 19 15:04:48 EDT 1996
Taking the Altar by the Horns
Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

A proposal to create a rule entitled "Taking the Altar by the Horns" which
contains the following text:
"A player who is a member of a Church can't be burned as a witch, or as a
heretic provided e follow the following procedure:
1. After a witch hunt has been declared e posts a public message saying: 
"I
am running to the Church" followed by the name of the Church of which e is
a member.
2. Afterwards e posts a second message saying :"I am holding the Altar by
the Horns"

Both messages must be posted before the witch hunt is over. If, for
whatever reason, the player is no longer a member of  the Church e
anounce e was running to, e gets burned anyway."

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 15:06:03 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1015

Proposal 1015 - Fri Jul 19 15:06:03 EDT 1996
01010100 01101000 01101001 01110011 01101001 01110011 01110100 01101000
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

01100101 01110100 01101001 01110100 01101100 01100101 01101111 01100110
01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 01110010 01110101 01101100 01100101

All messages to the public forum must be in the form of a binary ASCII
representaion of the English language.

There are two exceptions to this rule: Any player who owns a Captain Cosmic
Decoder Ring (if such a thing should exist) is exempt from the provisions
of this rule. Any player who is wearing a prosthetic forhead is also
exempt.

[for example, I've included the text of this proposal in binary ASCII:

01000001 01101100 01101100 01101101 01100101 01110011 01110011 01100001
01100111 01100101 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110100 01101000 01100101
01110000 01110101 01100010 01101100 01101001 01100011 01100110 01101111
01110010 01110101 01101101 01101101 01110101 01110011 01110100 01100010
01100101 01101001 01101110 01110100 01101000 01100101 01100110 01101111
01110010 01101101 01101111 01100110 01100001
01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 01000001 01010011
01000011 01001001 01001001 01110010 01100101 01110000 01110010 01100101
01110011 01100101 01101110 01110100 01100001 01101001 01101111 01101110
01101111 01100110 01110100 01101000 01100101 01000101 01101110 01100111
01101100 01101001 01110011 01101000
01101100 01100001 01101110 01100111 01110101 01100001 01100111 01100101
00101110

01010100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110010 01100101
01110100 01110111 01101111 01100101 01111000 01100011 01100101 01110000
01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110100
01101000 01101001 01110011 01110010 01110101 01101100 01100101 00111010
01000001 01101110 01111001 01110000 01101100 01100001 01111001 01100101
01110010 01110111 01101000 01101111 01101111 01110111 01101110 01110011
01100001 01000011 01100001 01110000 01110100 01100001 01101001 01101110
01000011 01101111 01110011 01101101 01101001 01100011 01000100 01100101
01100011 01101111 01100100 01100101 01110010 01010010 01101001 01101110
01100111 00101000 01101001 01100110 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101000
01100001 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 01110011 01101000
01101111 01110101 01101100 01100100 01100101 01111000 01101001 01110011
01110100 00101001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01111000 01100101 01101101
01110000 01110100 01100110 01110010 01101111 01101101 01110100 01101000
01100101 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110110 01101001 01110011 01101001
01101111 01101110 01110011 01101111 01100110  01110100 01101000 01101001
01110011 01110010 01110101 01101100 01100101 00101110  01000001 01101110
01111001 01110000 01101100 01100001 01111001 01100101 01110010 01110111
01101000 01101111 01101001 01110011 01110111 01100101 01100001 01110010
01101001 01101110 01100111 01100001 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110011
01110100 01101000 01100101 01110100 01101001 01100011 01100110 01101111
01110010 01101000 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01110011 01100001
01101100 01110011 01101111 01100101 01111000 01100101 01101101 01110000
01110100 00101110 ]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 15:06:20 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1016

Proposal 1016 - Fri Jul 19 15:06:20 EDT 1996
Everything You Know is Wrong
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

This rule defers precedence to R210 and any other rules that deal with
resolving conflicts, except for during the twelve hours immediatly
following the legal chewing of the ackanomic gumball [12 hours from the
time of the announced chewing in the time zone in which the gumball was
chewed], at which time it takes precedence over R210 and any other
applicable rules.

If two or more mutable rules conflict with one another, or if two or more
immutable rules conflict with one another, then the rule with the highest
effective ordinal number takes precedence. If at least one of the rules in
conflict explicitly says of itself that it defers to another rule (or type
of rule) or takes precedence over another rule (or type of rule), then such
provisions shall be reversed and the rule that claims precedence shall
defer precedence. If two or more rules claim to take precedence over one
another, or to defer to one another, then the numerical method must again
govern except in cases where one of the rules containes the word silly,
than it shall have precedence.

Hereafter, 'number' refers to a rule's effective ordinal number. Lowest
number is defined as follows:
1. Each rule has a number of the form 'X' or 'X.Y' where X and Y may be any
positive integers.

2. Among a set of rules, the rule(s) with the lowest value of X are
considered to have the lowest number(s).

3. If a rule has the number X and one or more other rules have number(s) of
the form 'X.Y', for the same X and any Y, then the rule with the number 'X'
has the lowest number among these rules.

4. Among a set of rules with the same X, all of which have numbers of the
form 'X.Y', the rule with the lowest value of Y is considered to have the
lowest number.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 15:07:10 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1018

Proposal 1018 - Fri Jul 19 15:07:07 EDT 1996
Hotels
this is not a name  (Mike Epstein)

A class of entities called the Hotel (plural Hotels) is hereby created. 
Hotels are Protected. Each particular Hotel is Protected and may only be 
created by the passage of a Rule. If the Rule that creates a particular 
Hotel ceases to exist, that Hotel vanishes in a cloud of dust.

Any Player may stay in a Hotel upon announcing it to the public forum and 
paying the hotel's fee. If the fee for a particular Hotel is not defined 
elsewhere in the rules, it is 10 units of the official currency per 
24-hour period or fraction thereof. The fee for staying in a Hotel is 
paid to the owner of the Hotel, unless otherwise specified. If a Hotel 
has no other owner, its owner is considered to be the Treasury. If the 
owner of a Hotel is a Player, that Player may set the fee for that Hotel, 
but any increase in a Hotel's fee will not apply to any Player staying in 
that Hotel at the time of the fee increase. If the owner of a Hotel 
ceases to be a Player, ownership of that Hotel reverts to the Treasury. A 
Hotel is considered to be an asset [and therefore can be bought and sold 
on the Free Market].

A Hotel is considered to have no limit on the number of Players staying 
there concurrently unless otherwise specified by a Rule. A Player staying 
in a Hotel is considered a Guest of that Hotel.

A Player may stay in a Hotel for any length of time as long as e has 
enough currency to pay for the privilege.

If a Guest goes on Vacation, e will remain in the Hotel as long as e has 
enough currency to pay for the privilege, provided that no other rule 
requires the Player to leave the Hotel. 

A Guest will not leave the Hotel until either e posts to the public forum 
that e is leaving, e runs out of money to pay for the stay, the Hotel 
ceases to exist, or e is required to leave the Hotel by any applicable 
Rule. The owner of a Hotel does not have the ability to make a Guest 
leave that Hotel unless otherwise specified by another applicable Rule.

Players who are staying in Hotels and owners of Hotels may have other 
privileges, duties or special characteristics as specified by another 
applicable Rule.

No Player may simultaneously be in more than one of the following 
entities: any Hotel, the Ackanomic Afterlife, Gaol. A Player staying in a 
Hotel who is required by any rule to enter another of these entities 
automatically leaves the Hotel. This Rule defers to those Rules requiring 
any Player to enter an entity mentioned in this paragraph.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 15:08:01 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1017

Proposal 1017 - Fri Jul 19 15:07:07 EDT 1996
Time
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Repeal R 664, "Every other day, every other day, every other day of the
week is fine, yeah"

{{[ This is the "Sunday rule", which is what prompted me to write this
proposal. Aside from the problem of the rule being non culturally neutral,
it is a royal pain in the #^&%&^ for the CotC and Assistant Tabulator.

Times must be constantly be adjusted, and it draws out certain processes
unnecessarily.

The biggest problem will be for a CotC or AT, like myself, who works a
full job Monday to Friday, and does not use the company e-mail account for
nomic. The rule has the effect of buffering work that could be done Sunday,
to Monday, leaving alot of work for Monday nite.  This will not fly when
football season starts in America :).]}}

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 569, "Overturning Judgements", to replace the first paragraph,
to read in full:

      "After any Judgement is returned, a player may appeal the case to the
Supreme Court for consideration. The time period for appeal shall be 4
days from the posting of the Judgement. A player may not make more than
3 appeals of the same CFJ." 

{{[I've changed the appeal time from 7 to 4 days. This will ease CotC
work and clutter. Virtually all CFJs are appealed as soon as the verdict
is handed down anyway. 4 days is sufficient for it to be hanging out there.
I originally had 3 days, but that was too short for verdicts handed down
friday nite for people who don't play on the weekends, because writing
an appeal reasoning can be time consuming, unlike other 3 day things in 
the game. (ie, I effectively keep the Sunday rule for this one case,
because of the time consuming nature of CFJ appeals.

I've also removed the 5 point appeal penalty, The 20 point frivilous appeal
penalty is sufficient. If a real turkey of a verdict is handed down, why
should the first person to appeal it get hit with a 5 point penalty?

I've also tried to remove the endless filibustering with appeals.]}}

{{[current text
      "After any Judgement is returned, a player may pay a penalty of 5
points and appeal the case to the Supreme Court for consideration. The
time period for appeal shall be one week from the posting of the
Judgement."]}}

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 611, "Offices, Related Definitions" as follows:

a) replace all occurrances of the phrase "48 hours" with the phrase
"3 days".

b) replace all occurrances of the phrase "72 hours" with the phrase
"3 days".

{{[3 days is the time for everything else in the game, it should be
the same here. 2 days was too short for nomination announcements, given
weekends. Also, in the spirit of consistency, change hours to days]}}

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 612, "Offices, Commonalities" as follows:

replace all occurrances of the phrase "72 hours" with the phrase
"3 days".

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 615, "Speaker, Creation of" as follows:

a) replace all occurrances of the phrase "48 hours" with the phrase
"3 days".

b) replace all occurrances of the phrase "72 hours" with the phrase
"3 days".

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 648, "Confirmation Procedure" to replace the first paragraph to
read, in full:

      Whenever a rule calls for the confirmation by the Senate of a 
particular candidate or action (e.g. R507), each Senator will have 3
days (hereafter call the Period) to post a "Yes" or "No" vote to the
public forum.

{{[original: 

      Whenever a rule calls for the confirmation by the Senate of a 
particular candidate or action (e.g. R507), each Senator will have the
amount of time defined by the Standard Confirmation Period to post a
"Yes" or "No" vote to the public forum.]}}

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Repeal Rule 636 "Definitions". 

{{[ I never went anywhere with my original idea here of standardizing
times. The rule subtracts value, IMHO, and is no longer needed.]}}

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 779, "Succession Proceedings", as follows:

a) Add the following sentence as the first line of the rule:

"This rule has precedence over Rule 490."

b) Replace all occurences of the term "fortnight" with term "week".

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 15:08:35 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1019

Proposal 1019 - Fri Jul 19 15:08:35 EDT 1996
Casa Mona
this is not a name  (Mike Epstein)

The Casa Mona is a Hotel. It is a classy building.

The Casa Mona may also be referred to as the Pissant Hilton.

The Casa Mona is built like a bookcase, with solid sides and back and 
with a front of blue-green glass.

In the Casa Mona, there are fresh flowers on every bedside table, but the 
beds are not made. There are no pillows on the beds. In fact, there is 
simply a bare, brand-new Beautyrest mattress. Every time a guest leaves 
the room, the old mattress is thrown away and a new one is put in. There 
are no coat hangers in the closets.

The fee for staying in the Casa Mona is 4 units of the official currency 
per 24-hour period or fraction thereof, plus 10 units of the official 
currency per stay. (This is the fee for the mattress.) If a Player owns 
the Casa Mona, that Player may set the daily fee for staying in the Casa 
Mona, but not the mattress fee.

Any Player who is staying in the Casa Mona will not be eligible to 
receive the Magic Potato, should such an entity exist, for the duration 
of the stay. This rule takes precedence over Rule 306, should such a rule 
exist.

Any Player who is staying in the Casa Mona at the time that a Proposal 
written by that Player is accepted will receive an additional 5 points 
for each Proposal meeting these requirements.

Any Player who is staying in the Casa Mona will have the opportunity to 
meet the Fat Lady at the end of the stay.

No Player may wear a Prosthetic Forehead while staying in the Casa Mona. 
The ceilings are too low.

If a Player who has been staying in the Casa Mona for at least one month 
wins a cycle, e will gain ownership of the Casa Mona, and henceforth any 
fees paid by players to stay in the Casa Mona will be paid to that Player.

The President of Ackanomia may stay in the Casa Mona without charge 
(except for the mattress) but is not eligible to receive points based on 
the stay and will not gain ownership of the Casa Mona if e wins a cycle.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 15:09:45 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1020

Proposal 1020 - Fri Jul 19 15:09:44 EDT 1996
Spelling Bee
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{[this is an attempt to allow the web-harfer to fix misspellings when
rules and CFJs are adopted, and not need to go through the proposal
process, thus simplifying the whole thing, and putting it in the
background]}}

Create a new rule entitled "Spelling Bee", reading:

This rule takes precedence over any mutable rule which would prohibit
the type of Rule and CFJ changes described here.

1) This Rule creates a Protected entity known as the Spelling Bee. Its
purpose is to fly through the Rules and CFJ Archive and sting out
misspelled or mistyped words. It may not fly through, or sting, any
other entities.

2) Its flight may only be initiated by an officer privileded to do so.

3) Its flight may be initiated at any time, including immediately after
the Adoption of a Rule change, or the filing of a CFJ verdict.

4) An officer initiates its flight by posting a public message with
the term "Spelling" in its subject line. Its flight consists of, in that
post, a listing of all Rule and CFJ changes being made, clearly labeled
by rule or CFJ number, old word, and replacement word. These changes are
called "stingings" and must be made in accordance with the rules 
below. Words in titles and headers of Rules and CFJs may be stung.
No one may not initiate a flight which is illegal, or contains illegal
stingings.

5a) Permissible Stingings:
	a) Replacing a misspelled word with its correctly spelled
equivelent.
	b) Changing the capitilization of the first letter of a word.
	c) Replacing correctly spelled words with the word that was
intended. Ie, replacing "an" with "and" in the following example from 
R 214: "A Judgement may be accompanied by reasons an arguments".
	d) Replacing proper nouns with their proper spelling when the
proper spelling is generally known and accepted.

5b) Impermissible stingings. This list takes precedence over 5a) where
there is conflict:
	a) Replacing a creative or made up word, such as "Torkola".
	b) Replacing British, American, or archaic spellings with their 
American, British, or non-archaic equivelent.
	c) Replacing a foreign word with its Anglicized equivelent.
	d) Replacing Spivak pronouns with other pronouns, or replacing
non-gender neutral language with gender neutral language, or replacing any
pronoun or phrase with a Spivak pronoun.
	e) Replacing words in quotes or words followed by [sic].
	f) Replacing slang or colloquial words, or spellings thereof.
	g) Changing the word, such as replacing "superceeds" with "takes
precedence over", or "computer" with "machine", even if the word being
replaced is misspelled.
	g) Fixing grammar errors, except what is allowed by 5a) section c).
	i) Replacing abbreviations and acronyms.
	j) Making any change that violates the "spirit" of what was 
intended in the writing being edited.

6) Once the flight has been announced, it has been considered to be made,
and the changes may be physically made by the officer. If a player objects
to a stinging or stinging(s), they must Call for Judgement on the matter
that the change violated this, or other rules. If the CFJ finds for the
player's position, the change(s) must be undone. (Note that the officer will
be liable for CFCJ as well, for initiating an illegal flight of the 
Spelling Bee). If the CFJ does not find for the player, their only recourse
is a Proposal to change the language back.

7) Changes made by the Spelling Bee are not noted below the Rules, as is
customary for other changes. This clause takes precedence over any 
mutable rule which would require such notation.

8) Where there is doubt, corrent spellings are adjudicated by the Official
Dictionary.

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 411, "Office of the Web-Harfer", to read, in full:

      The Office of the Web-Harfer is a Functional Office. The Duties
are: 
	a) To keep the information on the Ackanomic WWW page up-to-date.
	b) To select and maintain a link to the Official Dictionary of the
English language (hereafter referred to in the rules as the "Official
Dictionary").

	The Privileges are, in addition to receiving the customary salary:

	a) To initiate flights of the Spelling Bee.
 
	It is the responsibility of other players to make public any
information that should be reflected in the WWW page." 

{{[original text:
      "The Office of the Web-Harfer is a Functional Office. It is the
Duty of the Web-Harfer to keep the information on the Ackanomic WWW page
up-to-date. It is the responsibility of other players to make public any
information that should be reflected in the WWW page."]}}
 
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 798 "Palindromes are Inherently Amusing", to replace section
(2) under "conditions" with:

      "(2) each word in the Rule exists either in the Ackanomic Rule Set
previous to the creation of the Rule, or in the Official Dictionary, 
provided that such dictionary exists and is not under the control of any
Player."

{{[original:
      (2) each word in the Rule exists either in the Ackanomic Rule Set
previous to the creation of the Rule, or in an electronically accessible
dictionary of the English language selected by the Web-Harfer, should that
office exist, provided that such dictionary is not under the control of
any Player]}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 15:10:19 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 1021

Proposal 1021 - Fri Jul 19 15:10:18 EDT 1996
Coke was It
ThinMan  (John Bollinger)

Rule 706, "Coke Is It," is hereby repealed.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 12:39:27 -0800
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Acka: Mail Problem Fixed 

My ISPs mailserver is up and running again.  Please disregard my earilier
message.

snowgod

Ambassador - Former CSRR - Acting Senator
Wearing a prosthetic forehead - Heretic (twice)
Founder, Church of the Markovian Dream
Candidate for Inventor - Candidate for Senator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 18:20:20 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Proposal 1020

I actually only submitted this as an RFC, not as a proposal. I will check
my subject line from my send folder later to verify this. I finally got some
comments; I guess making it look like a proposal is the trick :)

I will remove the word 'not' and "submit" it. Obvious typo, no egg
intended.

Are you ok with clause 7), or are you requesting a change. You certainly
may use R 115 to have the flight page, if you have gigs of disk space,
the way I spell :-)

Malenkai

Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:
> 
> > Proposal 1020 - Fri Jul 19 15:09:44 EDT 1996
> > Spelling Bee
> > Malenkai  (Randy Hall)
> 
> > No one may not initiate a flight which is illegal, or contains illegal
> > stingings.
> 
> What, so everybody is required to initiate an illegal flight of the bee?
> In that case, I should first initiate the illegal flight to strike the
> word "not" from the sentence above. :-)
> 
> > 7) Changes made by the Spelling Bee are not noted below the Rules, as is
> > customary for other changes. This clause takes precedence over any
> > mutable rule which would require such notation.
> 
> Fine, so as not to have 12 amendments under one rule to correct all the
> misspellings in it. :-)  I believe this would warrant a "Flight of the
> Spelling Bee" web page.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 18:26:36 -0500 (CDT)
From: Joe Bott <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: I'm leaving and...

Hello everyone! I've been an obsever now for probably 2 months, and I've
decided that I'm not going to be able to keep up with the game enough for
it to be any fun. Also, I've never once recieved any messages asking if
I's like to remain in the game, so unless the ruleset I'm checking is
REALLY old, the registrar is in trouble with Rule 520. :)

Have fun!
Joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 18:37:08 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: Registrarness

Joe Bott wrote:
> Hello everyone! I've been an obsever now for probably 2 months, and I've
> decided that I'm not going to be able to keep up with the game enough for
> it to be any fun. Also, I've never once recieved any messages asking if
> I's like to remain in the game, so unless the ruleset I'm checking is
> REALLY old, the registrar is in trouble with Rule 520. :)

No, that rule (actually rule 521) was repealed back in May, probably just
after you became an observer.

In any case, a new observer has joined us, Tiernan Ray ([email-masked])
so we still have five observers.

I'm removing Joe Bott ([email-masked]) from all the mailing lists.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #119
*******************************