Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #107
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Friday, July 12 1996         Volume 01 : Number 107

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jul 96 0:29:51 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: what happens now?

According to R390, each player has exactly one vote.  Since everyone has
already used their vote, then no player can vote on any proposals.  So
everyone will be on vacation when everyone abstains on the next proposal.
Then we will have no active players.  Note that non-player voting entities
such as the Voting Gnome are still allowed to vote, as they are not
restricted to just one vote.

With everyone on vacation, the quorum will be zero.  Therefore the quorum
will be met automatically.  And the Voting Gnome will get to cast the deciding
votes on all proposals (except for the Tammany and other stuff.  But no one
can bribe since we don't know how much money we have.)

Looking for a way out of this points me to Rule 104.  "All proposals made in
the proper way shall be voted on....."  Does 390 defer to this rule?  Or does
the Voting Gnome vote on the proposals?  

I was going to call for a Festival, but it doesn't preclude CFJ's.  The probl
is not with the proposals, but with CFJ's.  But I do feel that we need to
clear up this mess before we go any further. 

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jul 96 0:42:08 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Results delayed

I've checked the proposal queue and found no proposals that can fix our
current problems.  Therefore it will not do any serious harm for:

As Tablulator, it is my job to "report the acceptance or rejection of
each proposal".  I will do this as soon as it can be determined if
anyone can actually vote on the proposals.  I must await for all relevant
CFJ's to be resolved so I can determine if the proposals are accepted or
rejected.  We already have enough "game states".

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jul 96 0:42:08 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Results delayed

I've checked the proposal queue and found no proposals that can fix our
current problems.  Therefore it will not do any serious harm for:

As Tablulator, it is my job to "report the acceptance or rejection of
each proposal".  I will do this as soon as it can be determined if
anyone can actually vote on the proposals.  I must await for all relevant
CFJ's to be resolved so I can determine if the proposals are accepted or
rejected.  We already have enough "game states".

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Jul 96 0:29:51 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: what happens now?

According to R390, each player has exactly one vote.  Since everyone has
already used their vote, then no player can vote on any proposals.  So
everyone will be on vacation when everyone abstains on the next proposal.
Then we will have no active players.  Note that non-player voting entities
such as the Voting Gnome are still allowed to vote, as they are not
restricted to just one vote.

With everyone on vacation, the quorum will be zero.  Therefore the quorum
will be met automatically.  And the Voting Gnome will get to cast the deciding
votes on all proposals (except for the Tammany and other stuff.  But no one
can bribe since we don't know how much money we have.)

Looking for a way out of this points me to Rule 104.  "All proposals made in
the proper way shall be voted on....."  Does 390 defer to this rule?  Or does
the Voting Gnome vote on the proposals?  

I was going to call for a Festival, but it doesn't preclude CFJ's.  The probl
is not with the proposals, but with CFJ's.  But I do feel that we need to
clear up this mess before we go any further. 

Wayne

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #107
*******************************