Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #98
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest         Tuesday, July 9 1996         Volume 01 : Number 098

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:09:09 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 985

Proposal 985 - Tue Jul 09 15:09:09 EDT 1996
Amend 660
pTang1001001sos  (Mark Nau)

A Proposal to amend R660:
- -----------------------------------------------------
Insert immediately after the phrase "the rule set,":

"votes and the voting process,"

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:09:38 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 987

Proposal 987 - Tue Jul 09 15:09:38 EDT 1996
No Juryrigging
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend Rule 589 "Invoking Judgement", to insert the following text
immediately after the paragraph which starts with the phrase "CFJ's with
no clear statement":

Any CFJ whose statement is substantially similar, or whose negative is
substantially similar, to the statement of a CFJ submitted by the same
player within the past week, in the judgement of the judge, shall be
judged Invalid. This applies even in the case that the previously submitted
CFJ was retracted by the player in question.

{{[If my other proposal to fix 589 fails, and Invalid is an undefined
judgement, this will be retracted. This is to fix a loophole that allows
"shotgunning" of CFJs until one gets a judge they like, and then retracting
the others. It also applies to the case where you get a judge you don't 
like, and retract in hopes of getting a better draw. I will probably use
this loophole, for now, if Bascule's mail continues to bounce. The 
alternative is to jack up the penalty for CFJ retraction, which was a bad
idea to start with (CFJ retraction is), but we've already shown what
scores may mean, so I went with this idea]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:20:50 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Re: Acka: official

- -} By the power vested in me by R115, I announce my possession
- -} of the following acka-entity:

- -} The Evil Ballot Stuffer has all of the following attributes:

I am ignoring this.  I do not believe that this is legal.   It will
take a CFJ to change my mind.

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:27:57 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Score update

Recent score changes:  (let me know what I missed /dev/joe ;)

- -10 Pascal for failing to respond to CFJ 200
- -5 ThinMan for appealing CFJ 200
- -1 this is not a name for having CFJ 207 overturned
- -5 Malenkai for appealing CFJ 207
- -10 Pascal for being declared a heritic
- -10 smowgod for being found a heritic

Current Scores:

25	/dev/joe             A   (Joseph DeVincentis) 
15	Malenkai             A   (Randy Hall) 
9	Mohammed             A   (Jason Orendorff) 
7	this is not a name   A   (Mike Epstein) 
7	pTang1001001sos      A   (Mark Nau) 
7	Kelly Martin         A   (Kelly Martin) 
5	mr cwm               A   (Eric Murray) 
5	De'ghew              A   (John Spickes) 
3	Robin Hood           A   (R Shaw) 
3	Niccolo Flychuck     A   (Uri Bruck) 
2	Techno               A   (Jerome Herrman) 
2	Bascule              A   (Matt Black) 
0	fon                  V   (Adrian Smith) 
0	chess piece face     V   (Paul Swan) 
0	ThinMan              A   (John Bollinger) 
0	The Great Old One    V   (Sean Crystal) 
0	Simon Marty Harriman V   (Andy Swan) 
0	Robert Sevin         V   (Mitchell Harding) 
0	Mellon               A   (Niklas Mellin) 
0	Calvin N Hobbes      V   (Thierry Joffrain) 
0	Brinjal              A   (Simon Clarke) 
- -2	snowgod              A   (Phil Ackley) 
- -20	Pascal               A   (Jason Reed) 
- -55	Wayne                A   (Wayne Sheppard) 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:27:28 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Score update

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:31:44 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 937 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 937
  Proposal 937 - Mon Jul 01 16:51:38 EDT 1996
  Silly Vacation Hat, Creation of
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

12 YES votes   6 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

snowgod gains 9 points.  -2 -> 7

12 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  15               
  Robin Hood                                  =   3               
  Brinjal                                     =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   5               
  Bascule                FUN                  =   2               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   7               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =   7               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  25               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   2               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   5               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   7               

6 NO votes:  2 points each
  Mellon                                        0 -> 2            
  Niccolo Flychuck                              3 -> 5            
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                   7 -> 9            
  Wayne                  Underworld           -55 -> -53          
  Mohammed               Nobs                   9 -> 11           

1 PRESENT votes:
  ThinMan                Nobs                  =   0

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 937 - Mon Jul 01 16:51:38 EDT 1996
Silly Vacation Hat, Creation of
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

There shall exist a type of nomic entity known as Silly Vacation Hats.
Silly Vacation Hats cannot be owned or controlled except as allowed by this
rule.  A Silly Vacation Hat can do nothing but be worn, admired, removed,
and disintegrate.

Whenever a player has remained "on vacation" for a period exceeding 14 days
(and is not already wearing a Silly Vacation Hat), the registrar shall
randomly select an active player (hereafter known as a Mad Hatter) to
design a Silly Vacation Hat for the vacationing player.  The Mad Hatter
will then have three days to publically announce a design for the Silly
Vacation Hat.  If a player fails to submit a design for the Silly Vacation
Hat within the designated period,  that player shall have 3 points deducted
from his score, and the registrar shall select a new Mad Hatter.

When a player who has been "on vacation" for more than fourteen days
returns he is required to:

a) Post a message to the public forum admiring his silly vacation hat.
b) Thank his Mad Hatter for designing him a hat.
c) Wear the hat for a period of 14 days.
d) include in the closing of every message he posts to the public forum the
text string "Wearing a Silly Vacation Hat."

After 14 days have elapsed since the vacationers return, the vacationer
shall remove his hat.  Upon a hat's removal, it will immediatly
disintegrate and be removed from the game.

This rule shall not apply to vacationers who are wearing a Prosthetic
Forehead, as it is well know that a Silly Vacation Hat will not fit over a
Prosthetic Forehead.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:32:54 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 938 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 938
  Proposal 938 - Mon Jul 01 16:52:15 EDT 1996
  Rewarding the good
  Robin Hood  (R Shaw)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

10 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Robin Hood loses 9 points.  3 -> -6

10 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   15 -> 16           
  Robin Hood                                   -6 -> -5           
  Mellon                                        2 -> 3            
  Brinjal                                       0 -> 1            
  Niccolo Flychuck                              5 -> 6            
  De'ghew                Underworld             5 -> 6            
  snowgod                (None Yet)             7 -> 8            
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  25 -> 26           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)             5 -> 6            
  Mohammed               Nobs                  11 -> 12           

8 NO votes:  
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =   2               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =   7               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   9               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   2               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   7               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -53               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:34:21 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 939 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 939
  Proposal 939 - Mon Jul 01 16:53:07 EDT 1996
  Party Hall party
  pTang1001001sos  (Mark Nau)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

15 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

pTang1001001sos gains 9 points.  7 -> 16

15 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  -5               
  Brinjal                                     =   1               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   6               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   6               
  Bascule                FUN                  =   2               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   8               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =   7               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   9               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  26               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  pTang1001001sos                             =  16               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  12               

5 NO votes:  2 points each
  Malenkai               FUN                   16 -> 18           
  Mellon                                        3 -> 5            
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Techno                 Underworld             2 -> 4            
  Wayne                  Underworld           -53 -> -51          

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 939 - Mon Jul 01 16:53:07 EDT 1996
Party Hall party
pTang1001001sos  (Mark Nau)

The 7th day of every month shall be known as the Day of the
Party Hall party.

If Party Hall is in session:
Sometime during this day, each Swinger shall send one message
each to the other Swingers.  These messages shall be generally
friendly, and must include at least one complimentary statement
about the recipient, a member of eir Party, or eir Party as a
whole.  In the case of messages sent to the NAP Swinger,
statements that praise the independence of non-party-affiliated
Players also qualify.

Otherwise:
The Gaoler shall compose a depressing and awfully-written
8-line poem, and will post it publicly.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:35:31 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 940 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 940
  Proposal 940 - Mon Jul 01 16:54:02 EDT 1996
  Posion Word, Creation of
  pTang1001001sos  (Mark Nau)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

10 YES votes   8 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

pTang1001001sos loses 9 points.  16 -> 7

10 YES votes:  1 point each
  Robin Hood                                   -5 -> -4           
  Mellon                                        5 -> 6            
  Brinjal                                       1 -> 2            
  De'ghew                Underworld             6 -> 7            
  Bascule                FUN                    2 -> 3            
  snowgod                (None Yet)             8 -> 9            
  this is not a name     (None Yet)             7 -> 8            
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)             6 -> 7            
  pTang1001001sos                               7 -> 8            

8 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =  18               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   6               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  26               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   4               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -51               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  12               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                  =   9

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:36:29 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 941 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 941
  Proposal 941 - Mon Jul 01 16:54:48 EDT 1996
  Spelling Moon
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

2 YES votes   14 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 9 points.  18 -> 9

2 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                    9 -> 10           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)             8 -> 9            

14 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  -4               
  Mellon                                      =   6               
  Brinjal                                     =   2               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   0               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   6               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                  =   3               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   9               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   9               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  26               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   4               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   7               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   8               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -51               

2 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =   7
  Mohammed               Nobs                  =  12

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:36:49 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 942 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 942
  Proposal 942 - Mon Jul 01 16:55:24 EDT 1996
  Security
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

10 YES votes   8 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 9 points.  10 -> 1

10 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                    1 -> 2            
  ThinMan                Nobs                   0 -> 1            
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Bascule                FUN                    3 -> 4            
  snowgod                (None Yet)             9 -> 10           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)             9 -> 10           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  26 -> 27           
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)             7 -> 8            
  Wayne                  Underworld           -51 -> -50          

8 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  -4               
  Mellon                                      =   6               
  Brinjal                                     =   2               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   6               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   9               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   4               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   8               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  12               

1 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =   7

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:37:13 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 943 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 943
  Proposal 943 - Mon Jul 01 16:55:38 EDT 1996
  Show Some Respect
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

7 YES votes   11 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 9 points.  2 -> -7

7 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                   -7 -> -6           
  Mellon                                        6 -> 7            
  Brinjal                                       2 -> 3            
  Niccolo Flychuck                              6 -> 7            
  Bascule                FUN                    4 -> 5            
  snowgod                (None Yet)            10 -> 11           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            10 -> 11           

11 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  -4               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   1               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =   9               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  27               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   4               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   8               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   8               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -50               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  12               

1 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =   7

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 15:38:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Spickes <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: CFJ 219 (snowgod)

> Call for Judgement 219
>   Subject:  Voidness of R 423
> Initiator:  Mellon
>     Judge:  snowgod (selected Jul 8, 1996, 18:50h New York Time)
> 
> Statement:
> 
> The proposals 936, 949, 951, 955, and 957 shall be voted on by the players
> as all other proposals, since rule 423 is "wholly void and without effect".
> 
> Mellons reasoning:
> 
> R104 states that "All proposals made in the proper way shall be voted on..."
> I cannot find that the proposals mentioned above was not made in a proper 
> way.
> 
> R104 is immutable.
> 
> R423 states that votes cast on retracted proposals shall be ignored. This is 
> a contradiction to R104, and R423 is mutable.

	I disagree!  The excerpt from R423 you use for reasoning does not 
conflict with R104, inasmuch as it does not prohibit retracted proposals 
from being voted upon.  You may have a case that these retracted 
proposals must still be voted on, but R104 doesn't seem to forbid 
ignoring the votes.  Even if we are legally required to vote on retracted 
proposals, we can all just not vote and accept the default of 
abstention.  I believe we are considered to have voted even if we 
abstain.  Then we can just ignore the abstentions and throw out the 
proposal.  

> R108 says that if there are inconsistensies between mutable and immutable 
> rules the mutable rule is wholly void and without effect.

	De'ghew

- -- 
  John Spickes - Undergraduate - UMCP - http://www.wam.umd.edu/~jspickes
   PGP encrypted email preferred - finger [email-masked] for key

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:37:54 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 944 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 944
  Proposal 944 - Mon Jul 01 16:56:03 EDT 1996
  Respect the Dead II
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

14 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 9 points.  -6 -> 3

14 YES votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =   3               
  Robin Hood                                  =  -4               
  Mellon                                      =   7               
  Brinjal                                     =   3               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   1               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   7               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   7               
  Bascule                FUN                  =   5               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  11               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  11               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   8               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   8               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  12               

5 NO votes:  2 points each
  gnome                                       =   0               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                   9 -> 11           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  27 -> 29           
  Techno                 Underworld             4 -> 6            
  Wayne                  Underworld           -50 -> -48          

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 944 - Mon Jul 01 16:56:03 EDT 1996
Respect the Dead II
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

[[I didn't think of some things on this the first time around]]

Amend R 570 to replace the phrase which reads:
 
"A new player may not choose the name of previous player"

With the phrase:

"A new player may not choose the name of previous player, or the
previous name of a current player"

- -------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 571 to wholly relpace its current text with the following:

           A player may change it's Official Ackanomic Name if all of the
following conditions are met: 

           a) The player anounces the new Name publicly with a short 
		explanation to all the players.

           b) The player sents the old name, the new name and the real name 
              of the player to the Registrar.

	   c) The new name complies with all other rules as if the name
	      were being chosen by a new player, including, but not limited
              to, R 570.

[[old text of R 571:

           A player may change it's Official Ackanomic Name if  

           a) The player anounces the new Name publicly with a short 
explanation to all the players.

           b) The player sents the old name, the new name and the real name 
              of the player to the Registrar.
]]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:38:35 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 945 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 945
  Proposal 945 - Mon Jul 01 16:56:18 EDT 1996
  Protecting The Rules
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 17 players cast votes

4 YES votes   15 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 9 points.  0 -> -9

4 YES votes:  1 point each
  Malenkai               FUN                    3 -> 4            
  Mellon                                        7 -> 8            
  Bascule                FUN                    5 -> 6            
  Techno                 Underworld             6 -> 7            

15 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  -4               
  Brinjal                                     =   3               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   1               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   7               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  11               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  11               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  11               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  29               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   8               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   8               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -48               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  12               

0 PRESENT votes:

2 ABSTENTIONS:
  Niccolo Flychuck                            
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:39:05 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 946 Fails

Here are the voting results for : 946
  Proposal 946 - Mon Jul 01 16:56:31 EDT 1996
  Word Limit.
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

3 YES votes   17 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 9 points.  -9 -> -18

3 YES votes:  1 point each
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld             7 -> 8            
  Wayne                  Underworld           -48 -> -47          

17 NO votes:  
  Malenkai               FUN                  =   4               
  Robin Hood                                  =  -4               
  Mellon                                      =   8               
  Brinjal                                     =   3               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   1               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   7               
  Bascule                FUN                  =   6               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  11               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  11               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  11               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  29               
  Techno                 Underworld           =   7               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   8               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   8               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  12               

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 14:40:18 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Score update

> Recent score changes:  (let me know what I missed /dev/joe ;)
> 
> -10 Pascal for failing to respond to CFJ 200
> -5 ThinMan for appealing CFJ 200
> -1 this is not a name for having CFJ 207 overturned
> -5 Malenkai for appealing CFJ 207
> -10 Pascal for being declared a heritic
> -10 smowgod for being found a heritic

Malenkai also appealed CFJ 211, and Snowgod appealed CFJ 217.
Also, Wayne, you just lost 3 points for not posting what Phoebe said.
  (I hadn't announced this yet).

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:40:06 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 948 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 948
  Proposal 948 - Mon Jul 01 16:57:50 EDT 1996
  Making Some Rules Mutable Temporarily
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

14 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 9 points.  29 -> 38

14 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  -3               
  Mellon                                      =   8               
  Brinjal                                     =   4               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   1               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   7               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   9               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  11               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  38               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   8               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   8               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -46               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  13               

5 NO votes:  2 points each
  Malenkai               FUN                   -4 -> -2           
  Bascule                FUN                    7 -> 9            
  snowgod                (None Yet)            12 -> 14           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            12 -> 14           
  Techno                 Underworld             7 -> 9            

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 948 - Mon Jul 01 16:57:50 EDT 1996
Making Some Rules Mutable Temporarily
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Transmute Rule 104 to Mutable.
Transmute Rule 105 to Mutable.
[[ See next proposal. In order to be a valid rule change, this must be
a separate proposal from the amendment.  See rule 491.]]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 96 15:41:03 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Prop 950 Passes

Here are the voting results for : 950
  Proposal 950 - Mon Jul 01 17:02:11 EDT 1996
  Terminology Check
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

14 YES votes   5 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 9 points.  38 -> 47

14 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  -3               
  Mellon                                      =   8               
  Brinjal                                     =   4               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =   1               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   7               
  gnome                                       =   0               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =   9               
  Nobs Unity vote                             =   0               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  14               
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 =  11               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  47               
  pTang1001001sos                             =   8               
  Wayne                  Underworld           = -46               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  13               

5 NO votes:  2 points each
  Malenkai               FUN                   -2 -> 0            
  Bascule                FUN                    9 -> 11           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            14 -> 16           
  Techno                 Underworld             9 -> 11           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)             8 -> 10           

0 PRESENT votes:

1 ABSTENTIONS:
  Pascal                                      

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Calvin N Hobbes        FUN                  
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:

====================================================
Wayne, your friendly Tabulator
====================================================
Proposal 950 - Mon Jul 01 17:02:11 EDT 1996
Terminology Check
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

[[ Currently the rules refer to YES, NO, FOR, IN FAVOR, and AGAINST votes.
   The result of a proposal vote is referred to as accepted, adopted,
   passed, rejected, and failed.  This proposal would reduce this to 
   just YES and NO votes and "accepted" and "rejected" proposals.  It also
   eliminates the now-unnecessary concept of unanimous votes, and the 
   outdated term "Voters."

   Rules 104, 105, 379, 491, 516, and 706 are handled by other proposals.]]

1. Amend Rule 207, "Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Period Ends":
   Change "passes" to "is accepted".
   Change "voted against it" to "voted NO on it"
   Change "fails" to "is rejected".
   Change "voted for it" to "voted YES on it"

2. Repeal Rule 447, "Definition of Unanimous".
   [[This is no longer needed.]]

3. Amend Rule 452, "Rule Titles".
   Change "passes" to "is accepted".

4. Amend Rule 463, "Voting Options".
   Change:

    "Players may vote either for or against a proposal, they may vote
     Present, or they may abstain, during the prescribed voting period."

   to:

    "Players may vote YES, NO, or PRESENT on a proposal, or choose not
     to vote on a proposal, which is called abstaining."

   and delete " and Unanimity" from the last sentence.

5. Amend Rule 549, "The Blue Cross":
   Change "adopted" to "accepted", twice.

6. Amend Rule 554, "Tammany, Creation of":
   Change the beginning of part (ix) from:
      "Tammany shall vote FOR a Proposition"
   to:
      "Tammany shall vote YES on a Proposal"

   Change the beginning of part (x) from:
      "Tammany shall vote AGAINST a Proposition"
   to:
      "Tammany shall vote NO on a Proposal"

7. Amend Rule 581, "Required Number of Votes", to read, in full:
   "The required number of YES votes for a proposal to be accepted is
    two-thirds of the total number of YES and NO votes legally cast
    within the prescribed voting period."

   [[It now says:
   "The number of votes required to pass a proposal is two-thirds of the total
    of the YES and NO votes legally cast within the prescribed voting period."
   ]]

8. Amend Rule 589 by replacing "Voters" with "Players".
   [[The "Speaker and Voters" rule is long gone.  Get rid of its legacy.]]

9. Amend Rule 728, "That's just silly":
   Change "adopted" to "accepted".
   Change "proposer who proposed the change" to
   "player who submitted the proposal".

10. Amend Rule 761, "Parades":
   Change "adopted" to "accepted".
   Change "adoption" to "acceptance".

11. Amend Rule 797, "Festival of Torkola":
   In part 5a, change "passage of a Resolution or Proposal" to
     "acceptance of a Proposal".
   In part 5c, change "failure of 3 consecutive proposals/resolutions"
     to "rejection of 3 consecutive proposals",
     and change "failures" to "rejections" two more times in this section
     and change "fail" to "are rejected".

12. Amend Rule 824, "Consecutive Passages":
   Change "pass" to "are accepted" 
   and change "passed" to "were accepted".

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #98
******************************