Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #91
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, July 6 1996        Volume 01 : Number 091

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 01:11:06 +0300
From: Uri Bruck <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: RFC - The Law of Party Gravity 

1. 
a.There are four levels of Swingers, named Primo, Secondo, Tertio, and 
Populi.
b. Primo is the highest, Secondo is one level below Primo, Tertio is two 
levels below Primo and Populi is three level below Primo.
c. The levels Primo, Secondo and Tertio can be occupied by no more than one 
Swinger.
The Populi level can be occupied by any number of Swinger.

2. a. Whenever Weight is recalculated, and there are no ties,
Swingers are reassigned to  levels. The 
Swinger with the highest Weight is assigned to Primo, the Swinger with 
the next lowest weight is assigned to Secondo, th Swinger with the third 
lowest weight is assigned to Tertio, the rest of the Swingers are 
assigned to Populi
   b. If there is a tie between two or more Swingers, neither one of the 
Swingers involved in the tie is reassigned, and the Tie-Fighter, section 
of this rule is invoked.
   c. Whenever a Swinger is reassigned to a higer level than the level e 
currently occupies, e is said to have moved up, by  1,2, or 3 levels, 
depending upon the difference between eir source and destination levels. 
Similarly, whenever a Swinger is reassigned to a lower level, e is said to
move down 
1,2 or 3 levels, 

3. SwingVotes
  a. a Round of play - when each Swinger has moved once, or forfeited eir 
move.
  b.At the end of every other Round - Swinger are awarded SwingVotes:
    (i) Primo receives 3 
    (ii) Secondo receives 2
    (iii) Tertio receives 1
 
  c. Whenever a Swinger moves up one or more levels, e recieves one 
SwingVote for every level e moves. Whenever a Swinger moves down a level, 
and e has at least 1 SwingVotes, e loses a SwingVote for every level e 
moves down

 d. SwingVotes may be sold, traded, or given away. Parties may regulate 
the way in which the SwingVotes owned by their Swinger are sold,traded or 
given away. 
e. The NAP Swinger may only sell, trade, or give away SwingVotes to 
non-aligned players.

[[ I'm giving here lots of option. If no non-aligned player ever 
purchases a playing piece, then the NAP Swinger is perfectly justified in 
selling the SwingVotes, since e has to finance the game somehow. This may 
not necessarily happen this way. Perhaps players will pitch in, and 
purchase playing pieces, and the NAP Swinger could afford to give them 
away. This depends entirely on the players. This is an example of 
creating the framework for a mini-economy, inter-Party, and non-Party 
relations, all with a new mechanism]]

f. A player who owns a SwingVote may cast it for or against a proposal, 
in addition to any other vote they may cast according to other rules. a 
SwingVote can only be used once. Once it has been cast and counted, it no 
longer exists.

4. Tie-Fighter
 a. section 2 of rule defines the circumstances for invoking a Tie-Fighter
 b. The condition of Tie-Fighter persists as long there exists a tie 
between the Weights of two or more Swingers
 c. During a Tie-Fighter, the following things occur:
   (i) Swingers do not lose or gain any SwingVotes
   (ii) For proposals who voting period ends during a Tie-Fighter, 
SwingVotes are not counted. SwingVotes that have been cast, and not 
counted in accordance with this section are still deemed to have been used.
   (iii) The numebr of points received by players during a Tie-Fighter is 
multiplied by the relative Weight of their respective Swinger. There is 
no effect on points lost as penalties. For party members, the respective Swinger
is the Swinger of their Party, for non-aligned players the respective 
Swinger is the NAP Swinger.

5. a. For any single proposal, a given player may cast at most one SwingVote
   b. For any single proposal, a given party may cast at most two SwingVotes.
  c. The total number of SwingVotes used by non-aligned players is limited
only by section 5.a of this rule, and is not limited by section 5.b of this rule

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 18:16:08 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CotC

Everything should be done now for the CotC stuff from Mohammed.
You can send all the stuff to me again.

Let me know if something is missing, or if something didn't go
out that should have.

The one thing I'm wondering about is that Pascal has just until tonite
to accept of decline judgement on CFJ 200. Does anyone (Mohammed) know
if he accepted/declined and the message got lost in the shuffle?

Clerk of the Courts

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 20:51:55 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: CFCJ 105 Verdict

The following, CFCJ 105, has been judged FALSE, without comment.

Clerk of the Courts

Call for Criminal Judgement 105
  Subject:  Cruel and Unusual Penalites
Initiator:  Malenkai
    Judge:  Techno (selected Jul 3, 1996, 00:11h New York Time)

Statement:

Player pTang1001001sos has violated R 101.

Malenkai's Reasoning:

pTang1001001sos has invoked R 362, forcing Speaker/Acting Speaker
Malenkai to initiate a process of removing certain players from the
game. That action, in Malenkai's "judgement" is a "penalty worse than
losing, in the Malenkai's judgement to incur it"

Malenkai has put forth rationale as to why that is such, but that matters
not for this argument. All that matters is Malenkai's "judgement" that the
quoted phrase above is true, and the fact, by pTang1001001sos invoking
this rule, is imposing this penalty.

I now quote from R 111 (Immutable), in part:

> No penalty worse than losing, in the judgement of the player to incur
> it, may be imposed.

pTang1001001sos is imposing such a penalty on Malenkai, simply by invoking
R 362. Thus pTang1001001sos is violating R 111 (quoted above), and thus
is violating R 101. A verdict of TRUE is necessary.

Penalty:

As pTang1001001sos wishes to remove 5 players, including 2 former
Speakers, and the founder of the game, an a player honored, by rule,
the removal of one player seems to pale in comparison.

I, however, call for a penalty of EXPULSION of pTang1001001sos anyway.

[Note that the judge may adjust the penalty. Note that he may also rejoin,
and probably be in better shape, due to some loopholes. That is not the
point.]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 22:18:33 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: BAck from vacation

I am now removing myself from vacation status.

Wayne

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 22:18:48 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 970

Proposal 970 - Fri Jul 05 22:18:48 EDT 1996
Ackanomic/Internomic Interface
Kelly Martin  (Kelly Martin)

The following Rule shall be created:

   As soon as it is possible to do so, Ackanomic shall petition to
   become a member of InterNomic, with the Ambassador (or, in the
   absence of an Ambassador, the Speaker) as Ackanomic's Liaison to
   InterNomic. 

   Ackanomic's Liaison shall keep the Players of Ackanomic apprised in
   a timely fashion of events in InterNomic of interest to Ackanomic.

   Any Ackanomic Player may request the Liaison to make an InterNomic
   Proposal by sending the Proposal to the Liaison, but may only do so
   once per week.

   Whenever Ackanomic is permitted to vote upon any matter in
   Internomic, the Liaison shall initiate a vote in Ackanomic to
   determine how he should cast Ackanomic's vote in Internomic.  The
   Liaison shall establish reasonable procedures for such voting, and
   shall cast Ackanomic vote in accordance to the results of the
   vote.

   Whenever Ackanomic is required to serve as a judge in Internomic,
   the Liaison shall render that judgement, and shall do so in the
   best interests of Ackanomic.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 22:19:10 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 971

Proposal 971 - Fri Jul 05 22:19:10 EDT 1996
Speed
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

If the time for an officer to perform a certain task is unspecified, or
that specification indicates an unlimited amount of time, or the amount
of time by which the task is to be done is unclear, then the amount of
time shall be considered to be 3 days, not counting any time the officer
is on vacation. This takes precedence over any other mutable rule which
specifies times as above, or is unclear in its time specifications.

Officers, in good faith, shall do all tasks presented to them as 
quickly as possible to keep the game moving along.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 22:19:28 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 972

Proposal 972 - Fri Jul 05 22:19:28 EDT 1996
Eggs in the Rules
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{ {{ any player possessing {{ a Chartreuse Goose Egg may may change 
its color to fuschia [thereby creating] }} a Fuschia Goose Egg [.]
gains 43 points.}} }}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 22:19:51 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 973

Proposal 973 - Fri Jul 05 22:19:50 EDT 1996
Presidential Decisions
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{[originally I was gonna make this a Holiday proposal, but I figured
we could start a list of things the President can do, in one place. Of
course, we won't be appending to it until after the next election :)]}}

All of the powers granted on this list are considered Presidential
decisions. The President, and only the President, may invoke them. Such
invocation must be in a public message, and must be accompanied by 
reasoning as to why it is being done.

I. Holiday

The President may declare any period of 1 or more days a Holiday. The
declaration must include the Holiday's duration and start date/time.

No time during a Holiday shall count towards the times officers have to
do their tasks. Nor shall it count towards any "periods" as defined 
elsewhere in the rules. This clause takes precedence over any mutable rule 
which would require the counting of such time. 

{{[this generally would not be used for traditional holidays, but for
things where the network to or the mail server will be down for a while,
or other some such]}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 22:20:13 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 974

Proposal 974 - Fri Jul 05 22:20:13 EDT 1996
Burn the Witches!
snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

On Friday, the 13th, of any month (if such a date should occur) all players
will be required to post the following to the public forum: "The earth is
not flat, indeed, it is round!  I am throwing off the shackles of religious
expression!  Hallelujah!"

Failure to comply is a violation of R101.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 22:20:38 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 975

Proposal 975 - Fri Jul 05 22:20:38 EDT 1996
Transmute
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Transmute R 510 to Mutable.
Transmute R 793 to Mutable.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 22:21:04 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Ackanomic: Proposal 976

Proposal 976 - Fri Jul 05 22:21:04 EDT 1996
569 Fixup, plus get rid of those quote marks
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

{{[If Mohammed's rewrite of "Notes and Comments" passes, R 569 will
fall apart, and have to rely on "game custom" to survive. I like 
Mohammed's rewrite, so... Also, what is removed in b) below is part
of the rule, its just not on the web page. Might as well nuke it while
were here doing the important work.]}}

Amend R 569, "Overturning Judgements" to

	a) replace all occurences of the string "[in" with the string "In"

	b) remove all occurrences of the following string of text:

      "[[Comments: ...This would bring Ackanomic's legal system somewhat
inline with the Real World (tm) and also prevent the abuse of someone
continually apealing rulings." 

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 622, ""Limited Subject Line Lengths"" to change its title to

	"Customary Subject Line"

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #91
******************************