Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #74
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, June 29 1996        Volume 01 : Number 074

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 21:53:56 -0500
From: Kelly Martin <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: Ackanomic: Proposal 

"Malenkai" == Malenkai  <[email-masked]> writes:

Malenkai> I apologize for posting a proposal to the public forum. We
Malenkai> all have stray mice sometimes. I ask the Promoter to
Malenkai> consider it as if it was submitted to him.

i should hope he does; after all, he did receive a copy.

k.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 19:10:34 -0800
From: [email-masked] (Phil Ackley)
Subject: Re: Acka: being in gaol

At 9:51 PM 6/28/96, Kelly Martin wrote:
>"Malenkai" == Malenkai  <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>Malenkai> BTW, while were being pedantic, your subject line did not
>Malenkai> start with "Acka:". I realise this is not a rule anymore,
>Malenkai> but I understand it is a great assistance to those with mail
>Malenkai> programs with filtering capability.
>
>i filter my own mail; acka-related mail is distinguished by having a
>sender of "[email-masked]".  subject line tags
>are strictly unnecessary, unless you're using inferior technology, in
>which case you should stop doing so.  and since the message was purely
>discussionary, i saw no reason to make it an official public message.
>
>k.

Subject lines begining with Acka: or Ackanomic: are part of existing game
custom, and were at one time required by a rule.  Things are changing, but
not all players are able to filter by sender, and some simply choose not
to.  I for one filter by SENDER or SUBJECT because not all ackanomic mail
comes from the list.  I have my mail come into a folder titled ackanomic
(which is sorted by subject) and from there it is filtered into various
other folders which are sorted by either subject or sender depending on the
type of information they contain.  Until such time as everyone begins
sorting solely by sender, pI request that you continue to begin your
subject lines for this game with Acka: or Ackanomic:

snowgod
thinking this is a really stupid thing to have to argue over

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #74
******************************