Subject: Ackanomic Digest V1 #62
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Digest)
To: ackanomic-digest

Ackanomic Digest        Saturday, June 22 1996        Volume 01 : Number 062

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 96 3:19:56 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Results 880-889

________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 880
  Proposal 880 - Sat Jun 08 00:42:56 EDT 1996
  New Organization: Ackae
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

7 YES votes   9 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -40 -> -50

7 YES votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai                                     52 -> 55           
  Robin Hood                                   15 -> 18           
  ThinMan                Nobs                  51 -> 54           
  Niccolo Flychuck                              3 -> 6            
  Bascule                                       7 -> 10           
  Techno                 Underworld            15 -> 18           
  Pascal                                       22 -> 25           

9 NO votes:  
  Dr McSpong                                  =  35               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  19               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   6               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  17               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   1               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  19               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  20               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 881
  Proposal 881 - Sat Jun 08 00:42:56 EDT 1996
  Clans and the Senate
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

4 YES votes   11 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -50 -> -60

4 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                   18 -> 21           
  De'ghew                Underworld            19 -> 22           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            17 -> 20           
  Techno                 Underworld            18 -> 21           

11 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  55               
  Dr McSpong                                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  54               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   6               
  Bascule                                     =  10               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   6               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   1               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  19               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  20               
  Pascal                                      =  25               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 882
  Proposal 882 - Sat Jun 08 00:42:56 EDT 1996
  Machines
  Calvin N Hobbes  (Thierry Joffrain)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

7 YES votes   7 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Calvin N Hobbes loses 10 points.  -60 -> -70

7 YES votes:  3 points each
  Robin Hood                                   21 -> 24           
  Bascule                                      10 -> 13           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            20 -> 23           
  Techno                 Underworld            21 -> 24           
  Wayne                  Underworld            19 -> 22           
  Mohammed               Nobs                  20 -> 23           
  Pascal                                       25 -> 28           

7 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  55               
  Dr McSpong                                  =  35               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  54               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   6               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   6               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =   1               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               

1 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =  22

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 883
  Proposal 883 - Sat Jun 08 00:44:43 EDT 1996
  The Return of the Rule Ripper
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 21 eligible voters -- 18 players cast votes

12 YES votes   6 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

/dev/joe gains 10 points.  1 -> 11

12 YES votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  24               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  54               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   6               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  22               
  Bascule                                     =  13               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  23               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  11               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  24               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  22               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  23               

6 NO votes:  5 points each
  Malenkai                                     55 -> 60           
  Dr McSpong                                   35 -> 40           
  snowgod                (None Yet)             6 -> 11           
  Extra Vote Malenkai                         =   0               
  Tammany                                     =   0               
  Extra Vote snowgod                          =   0               

1 PRESENT votes:
  Pascal                                       =  28

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 884
  Proposal 884 - Sat Jun 08 00:45:24 EDT 1996
  Loophole Surgery (Amending R569)
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

15 YES votes   1 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  60 -> 70

15 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  70               
  Robin Hood                                  =  24               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  54               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   6               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  22               
  Bascule                                     =  13               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  11               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  23               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  11               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  24               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  22               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  23               

1 NO votes:  5 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   40 -> 45           

1 PRESENT votes:
  Pascal                                       =  28

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 885
  Proposal 885 - Sun Jun 09 02:40:40 EDT 1996
  Description of a pack of playing cards
  Niccolo Flychuck  (Uri Bruck)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

10 YES votes   6 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Niccolo Flychuck loses 10 points.  6 -> -4

10 YES votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai                                     70 -> 73           
  Robin Hood                                   24 -> 27           
  ThinMan                Nobs                  54 -> 57           
  Niccolo Flychuck                             -4 -> -1           
  De'ghew                Underworld            22 -> 25           
  Bascule                                      13 -> 16           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  11 -> 14           
  Techno                 Underworld            24 -> 27           
  Mohammed               Nobs                  23 -> 26           
  Pascal                                       28 -> 31           

6 NO votes:  
  Dr McSpong                                  =  45               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  11               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  23               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  22               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 886
  Proposal 886 - Sun Jun 09 02:41:33 EDT 1996
  Malenkai vs snowgod, Round IV
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

6 YES votes   9 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 10 points.  73 -> 63

6 YES votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai                                     63 -> 66           
  Robin Hood                                   27 -> 30           
  ThinMan                Nobs                  57 -> 60           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            23 -> 26           
  Techno                 Underworld            27 -> 30           
  Pascal                                       31 -> 34           

9 NO votes:  
  Dr McSpong                                  =  45               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  -1               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  25               
  Bascule                                     =  16               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  11               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  14               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  22               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  26               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 887
  Proposal 887 - Sun Jun 09 02:41:52 EDT 1996
  Respect the Dead (and close a loophole)
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

15 YES votes   2 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  66 -> 76

15 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  76               
  Robin Hood                                  =  30               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  60               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  -1               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  25               
  Bascule                                     =  16               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  11               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  26               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  14               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  30               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  22               
  Pascal                                      =  34               

2 NO votes:  5 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   45 -> 50           
  Mohammed               Nobs                  26 -> 31           

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 888
  Proposal 888 - Sun Jun 09 02:42:12 EDT 1996
  Givin' Wayne a Hand (Amending R414+)
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

13 YES votes   3 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  76 -> 86

13 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  86               
  Robin Hood                                  =  30               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  60               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =  -1               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  25               
  Bascule                                     =  16               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  26               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  14               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  30               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  22               
  Pascal                                      =  34               

3 NO votes:  5 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   50 -> 55           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            11 -> 16           
  Mohammed               Nobs                  31 -> 36           

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 889
  Proposal 889 - Sun Jun 09 02:42:42 EDT 1996
  Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Good Bye
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 19 eligible voters -- 16 players cast votes

10 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

/dev/joe loses 10 points.  14 -> 4

10 YES votes:  3 points each
  ThinMan                Nobs                  60 -> 63           
  Niccolo Flychuck                             -1 -> 2            
  De'ghew                Underworld            25 -> 28           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                   4 -> 7            
  Techno                 Underworld            30 -> 33           
  Tammany                                     =   0               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  Wayne                  Underworld            22 -> 25           
  Mohammed               Nobs                  36 -> 39           
  Pascal                                       34 -> 37           

8 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  86               
  Robin Hood                                  =  30               
  Dr McSpong                                  =  55               
  Bascule                                     =  16               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =  16               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  26               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================
And the proposals that passed:
________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 883 - Sat Jun 08 00:44:43 EDT 1996
The Return of the Rule Ripper
/dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

1. Repeal rule 579 'There can be Only One'.
  [[The name was cool, but the rule was superfluous:

 "There can only be a maximum of one of each of the following things, whether
  they exist or not:
  Speaker
  President
  Official currency
  Financial Market
  Financier

  Neither can there ever be two jobs with the same name."]]

2. Amend Rule 110 'Winning the Game' by deleting the last sentence, which
    reads:
   "The winner of the last game shall become the new Speaker for the next
    game, assuming all current duties allocated to the Speaker."

3. Amend Rule 452 'Rule Titles' by changing the last sentence from:
   "Once a Rule has a Title, the only way that the Rule may have its Title
    changed is if a Proposal is passed which changes the Title."
   to:
   "The title of a rule may only be changed when a rule change amends
    the rule, or when a rule changes the title."
 
  [[This ensures that Rule 703 works, which is slightly unclear now.]]

4. Amend Rule 648 'Confirmation Procedure' as follows:
    a. Delete the second paragraph:
       "Should a Senator be on Vacation during the Standard Confirmation
        Period, the Period will be extended 3 days beyond the time the
        Senator returns, if such an extension would lengthen the Period."

   [[If a senator is on vacation, too bad; we can't wait around for
     years for him to return.  Besides, we can now make acting senators
     to do the job.]]

    b. Delete the last paragraph:
       "If the term Standard Confirmation Period is undefined elsewhere in
        the rules, it will be defined here as 7 days."

   [[It is defined elsewhere.]]

5. Amend rule 414 'The Office of the Tabulator' to read:

"The Office of the Tabulator is a Functional Office.  The Duties of
 the Tabulator are:

  "(a) to receive and to count votes on each proposal.
  "(b) to maintain the voting records of each player on each proposal.
  "(c) to report the acceptance or rejection of each proposal.

 "If the rules require any other vote and don't otherwise specify who
  should conduct the vote, the Tabulator shall conduct the vote and have
  the same duties for that vote as are listed above for proposals."

  [[This is the same as in P834 except I added the last part to clear up any
  confusion about elections, and added "to receive" in part (a).  This will
  further standardize elections.]]

6. Repeal R608, 'Offices, Starting List of'.

  [[ As proposal 834 stated, we won't need it any more with the other changes
  it made, but it first had to be transmuted to mutable.  This was the text:

"(i)   Offices:
      Each of the following Ackanomic entities, if it
      exists, is considered to be an Office:
      President, Senator, Justice, Financier, Promoter, Clerk
      of the Court, Publicist, Tabulator, Web-Harfer,
      Registrar, Pollster, Scorekeeper.
      Other entities may be Offices if so specified by the
      Rules.

"(ii)  Functional Offices:
      Each of the following Ackanomic entities, if it
      exists, is considered to be a Functional Office:
      Promoter, Clerk of the Court, Publicist, Tabulator,
      Web-Harfer, Registrar, Pollster, Scorekeeper.
      Other entities may be Functional Offices if so specified
      by the Rules."]]

7. Amend R611, 'Offices, Related Definitions', by changing section (ii) c)
   from:
        "If there is no Election Period specified for the
         Election, the default Period is 72 hours."
   to:
        "Elections last 72 hours from the time the appropriate officer
         announces he is starting to accept votes."

8. Amend R636, 'Definitions', by deleting the line:
        "Standard Election Period: 5 days"

[[ This differs from R611, so I'm deleting it to remove some confusion. ]]

9. Amend R607, 'File Clerk, Creation of', by changing
    "a filing fee of .30 units"  to  "a filing fee of 2 units"
   in part (iv) b)

10. Amend R612, 'Functional Offices, Commonalities' by changing
    section (ii) a)  from:
       '1 unit plus .25 units for every Office held.'
    to:
       '3 units plus 1 unit for every Office held.'

[[ This, along with repealing the Welcomer's rule, should remove all mention
   of fractional ackadollar amounts from the rules. ]]

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 884 - Sat Jun 08 00:45:24 EDT 1996
Loophole Surgery (Amending R569)
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

In R569, replace the phrase:

"the judges shall be fined 2 points each"

with the phrase:

"the judges shall be fined 2 Ackadollars each"

[[This fixes a loophole the size of Devonshire (smaller than Montana),
in that as the rule stands now, I could filibuster Bascule's attempted
win by refusing to agree on any verdict, and watch his score waste
away to Voting Gnome territory. He could do the same to me.

This fixes that problem, and still forces the Justices to reach a
verdict, or go broke. The alternative would have been to uphold the
original verdict, after say a week, but I found that unsatisfactory]]

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 887 - Sun Jun 09 02:41:52 EDT 1996
Respect the Dead (and close a loophole)
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Amend R570 to replace the following text:

           Players must choose a Name when they register. No player may
           choose a Name that is already in use. Players without a Name must
           choose a Name within one week. 

With:
           Players must choose a Name when they register. No player may
           choose a Name that is already in use (or otherwise would be
           in violation of R703). Players without a Name must choose a
	   Name within one week.

	[[ the parenthetical phrase in the above about R703 is for the
           benefit of new players as a convienence link. I figured I'd
           throw it in while I was here.]]

	   A new player may not choose the name of previous player, unless
           they are the player who held that name previously. e.g., no
           new player could take the name pTang1001001sos unless they
           were really the Mark Nau who held that name previously. It is
           a duty of the Registrar to make sure the player's chosen name
           complies with this Rule, and the Registrar has the final right
           to approve or deny the chosen name. This clause superceeds any
           mutable rule which would deny the Register these duties and
           rights.

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 888 - Sun Jun 09 02:42:12 EDT 1996
Givin' Wayne a Hand (Amending R414+)
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

[[ the following is rather long, it is a suite of changes to make the
Tabulator's life easier by breaking proposal voting from all other voting,
and giving the other stuff to an assistant. The short term goal is to
reduce Wayne's workload.]]

Wholly replace the text of R414, which reads:

      The Office of the Tabulator is a Functional Office. The Duties of the 
Tabulator are: 

      (a) to count votes on each proposal.
      (b) to maintain the voting records of each player on each proposal.
      (c) to report the acceptance or rejection of each proposal. 

with:

      The Office of the Tabulator is a Functional Office. The Duties of the 
Tabulator are: 

      (a) to count votes on each proposal.
      (b) to maintain the voting records of each player on each proposal.
      (c) to report the acceptance or rejection of each proposal.
      (d) to handle the duties (except duty (b), below) of the Assistant
Tabluator when that office is vacant, or its holder is on vacation.

       A priveledge of the Tabulator is to:

      (a) appoint someone to the Functional Office of Assistant Tabulator
(created by this rule). This is the only way the office can be filled. This
clause takes precedence over any mutable rule which would define other
ways to fill the office.

      The Duties of the Assistant Tabulator are:

      (a) to handle solicitation, tabulation, and reporting of votes on
all Ackanomic matters, excluding Proposals and Resolutions. This includes,
but is not limited to:
               (a.1) Politeness Moons
               (a.2) Impeachment Papers
               (a.3) Witchhunts
               (a.4) All elections, including Senatorial, Presidential,
Speaker, Delagates, and other elected offices.
               (a.5) Calls for Constitutional Convention
               (a.6) Ratification of Constitutional Convention

        This clause (a) and its subsections (a.x), takes precedence over
any other mutable rule which deny the Assistant Tabulator these duties, or
would define an alternate procedure or officer (including Tabulator), to
perform them. [[This is really for the future and anything I miss. I've
made a good faith effort below to go through and change all the known
references to Assistant Tabulator.]]

       (b) To assume the duties, but not the priveledges, of the Tabulator
when the Tabulator is on vacation.   

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 400 "Politeness Moon" as follows:

Replace all occurences of the the phrase "The Tabulator" with "The 
Assistant Tabulator"

Replace all occurences of the the phrase "the Tabulator" with "the 
Assistant Tabulator"

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 611 "Offices, Related Definitions" as follows:

In section (ii) g) 1), replace the term "Speaker" with the term
"Assistant Tabulator".

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 613 "Office, Impeachment" as follows:

In section (i), replace the phrase "same Officer responsible for
distributing Proposals" with the phrase "Assistant Tabulator".

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 629 "Constitutional Convention, Procedure" as follows:

Replace section (b)(2), which reads:

 A proposal to hold a Constitutional Convention shall be made and
 distributed in the manner that the rules specify that proposals
 are to be made and distributed.

with:

 A proposal to hold a Constitutional Convention shall be made by
 sending such a proposal to the Assistant Tabulator, who will distribute
 it to the public forum.

In all sections (c) thru (k), inclusive of subsections, replace all 
occurrences of the phrases "the Tabulator" and "The Tabulator" with the
phrases "the Assistant Tabulator" and "The Assistant Tabulator"
respectively.

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend R 729 "Ackanomic Middle Ages" as follows:

Replace the occurrence of the phrase "the tabulator" with the phrase
"the Assistant Tabulator"

________________________________________________
================================================

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 96 3:31:32 EDT 
From: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Acka: Results 890-899

________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 890
  Proposal 890 - Sun Jun 09 17:58:57 EDT 1996
  There's more to voting than proposals
  snowgod  (Phil Ackley)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

5 YES votes   7 NO votes   3 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

snowgod loses 10 points.  16 -> 6

5 YES votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai                                     86 -> 89           
  Robin Hood                                   30 -> 33           
  snowgod                (None Yet)             6 -> 9            
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            26 -> 29           
  Techno                 Underworld            33 -> 36           

7 NO votes:  
  Dr McSpong                                  =  55               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  63               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  28               
  Bascule                                     =  16               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =   6               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  25               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  39               

3 PRESENT votes:
  Niccolo Flychuck                             =   2
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  =   7
  Pascal                                       =  37

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 891
  Proposal 891 - Sun Jun 09 17:59:20 EDT 1996
  The Press
  Bascule  (Matt Black)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

12 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Bascule gains 10 points.  16 -> 26

12 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  89               
  Robin Hood                                  =  33               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  63               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   2               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  28               
  Bascule                                     =  26               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   9               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  29               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  36               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  25               
  Pascal                                      =  37               

4 NO votes:  5 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   55 -> 60           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                   7 -> 12           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)             6 -> 11           
  Mohammed               Nobs                  39 -> 44           

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 892
  Proposal 892 - Sun Jun 09 17:59:35 EDT 1996
  Journalistic Integrity
  Bascule  (Matt Black)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

13 YES votes   4 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Bascule gains 10 points.  26 -> 36

13 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  89               
  Robin Hood                                  =  33               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  63               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   2               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  28               
  Bascule                                     =  36               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   9               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  29               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  36               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  11               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  25               

4 NO votes:  5 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   60 -> 65           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  12 -> 17           
  Mohammed               Nobs                  44 -> 49           
  Pascal                                       37 -> 42           

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 894
  Proposal 894 - Mon Jun 10 00:25:03 EDT 1996
  Map, Creation Of
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

15 YES votes   1 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  89 -> 99

15 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                    =  99               
  Robin Hood                                  =  33               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  63               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   2               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  28               
  Bascule                                     =  36               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   9               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  29               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  17               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  36               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  Underworld Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  11               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  25               
  Pascal                                      =  42               

1 NO votes:  5 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   65 -> 70           

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        
  Mohammed               Nobs                 

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 895
  Proposal 895 - Mon Jun 10 00:25:17 EDT 1996
  Map-Harfer, Creation of
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

13 YES votes   1 NO votes   1 PRESENT votes
Proposal PASSES

Malenkai gains 10 points.  99 -> 109

13 YES votes:  
  Malenkai                                    = 109               
  Robin Hood                                  =  33               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  63               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   2               
  Bascule                                     =  36               
  snowgod                (None Yet)           =   9               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  29               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  17               
  Techno                 Underworld           =  36               
  (None Yet) Unity vote                        =   0               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  11               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  25               
  Pascal                                      =  42               

1 NO votes:  5 points each
  Dr McSpong                                   70 -> 75           

1 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =  28

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        
  Mohammed               Nobs                 

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 896
  Proposal 896 - Mon Jun 10 00:25:58 EDT 1996
  Universal Nomic
  Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 14 players cast votes

6 YES votes   8 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

Malenkai loses 10 points.  109 -> 99

6 YES votes:  3 points each
  Malenkai                                     99 -> 102          
  Robin Hood                                   33 -> 36           
  Bascule                                      36 -> 39           
  snowgod                (None Yet)             9 -> 12           
  this is not a name     (None Yet)            29 -> 32           
  Techno                 Underworld            36 -> 39           

8 NO votes:  
  Dr McSpong                                  =  75               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  63               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   2               
  De'ghew                Underworld           =  28               
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 =  17               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  11               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  25               
  Pascal                                      =  42               

0 PRESENT votes:

4 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        
  Mohammed               Nobs                 

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 898
  Proposal 898 - Mon Jun 10 00:26:42 EDT 1996
  Ack! Pfffft!
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 12 players cast votes

2 YES votes   8 NO votes   2 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

/dev/joe loses 10 points.  17 -> 7

2 YES votes:  3 points each
  Bascule                                      39 -> 42           
  Techno                 Underworld            39 -> 42           

8 NO votes:  
  Robin Hood                                  =  36               
  Dr McSpong                                  =  75               
  ThinMan                Nobs                 =  63               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   2               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  32               
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)           =  11               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  25               
  Mohammed               Nobs                 =  49               

2 PRESENT votes:
  De'ghew                Underworld            =  28
  Pascal                                       =  42

6 ABSTENTIONS:
  Malenkai                                    
  Brinjal                                     
  snowgod                (None Yet)           
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  /dev/joe               Nobs                 
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Here are the voting results for : 899
  Proposal 899 - Mon Jun 10 00:26:57 EDT 1996
  Banning Forged Mail
  /dev/joe  (Joseph DeVincentis)

Quorum met : 18 eligible voters -- 15 players cast votes

8 YES votes   7 NO votes   0 PRESENT votes
Proposal FAILS

/dev/joe loses 10 points.  7 -> -3

8 YES votes:  3 points each
  ThinMan                Nobs                  63 -> 66           
  De'ghew                Underworld            28 -> 31           
  snowgod                (None Yet)            12 -> 15           
  /dev/joe               Nobs                  -3 -> 0            
  Techno                 Underworld            42 -> 45           
  mr cwm                 (None Yet)            11 -> 14           
  Mohammed               Nobs                  49 -> 52           
  Pascal                                       42 -> 45           

7 NO votes:  
  Malenkai                                    = 102               
  Robin Hood                                  =  36               
  Dr McSpong                                  =  75               
  Niccolo Flychuck                            =   2               
  Bascule                                     =  42               
  this is not a name     (None Yet)           =  32               
  Wayne                  Underworld           =  25               

0 PRESENT votes:

3 ABSTENTIONS:
  Brinjal                                     
  Calvin N Hobbes                             
  Merlin the Happy Pig                        

Players on Vacation who did not vote:
  fon                                         
  The Great Old One                           
  chess piece face       Foozball             
  Simon Marty Harriman   Foozball             
  Foozball Unity vote                         
  Robert Sevin           Foozball             

New players who are not active:
  Kelly Martin           Nobs                 
________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 891 - Sun Jun 09 17:59:20 EDT 1996
The Press
Bascule  (Matt Black)

Any player may start a newspaper, by publically declaring
that they are doing so. Newspapers must be given names,
which must be announced at the same time that the newspaper
is created. A small fee of A$20 must be paid to the treasury
to cover start-up costs.

The player that creates a newspaper is said to own that
newspaper. No player may own more than three newspapers at
any one time. Newspapers may be traded among players. An
owner of a newspaper may close it down by publically
announcing that he is doing so. In this case, that newspaper
is said to have "gone bust" and no longer exists.

News articles may be posted by the owner of a newspaper,
quoting the of name of the newspaper in the article. Such
an article is said to have been published in that newspaper.

No player may publish articles in a paper she does not own 
without the express permission of the owner. 

News articles may be published without reference to a specific
newspaper. Such articles are said to be the work of the 
Underground Press, or Samizdat organisations. 

Journalistic pseudonyms are permitted.

Newspapers are protected entities.

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 892 - Sun Jun 09 17:59:35 EDT 1996
Journalistic Integrity
Bascule  (Matt Black)

This rule defers to any other rule that defines a complaints
procedure about news articles, especially if that rule refers
to a Press Ombudsman.

If a newspaper publishes an article containing any statement
that another player considers to be untrue, that player may
ask for a correction to be published in the same newspaper.
The player must voice her objection publically within a week
of the article being published.

If a correction is not published by the newspaper within a
week of the complaint being made, or if the complainant is 
not satisfied with the correction, then she may make a 
Call for Criminal Judgement against the owner of the
offending newspaper.

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 894 - Mon Jun 10 00:25:03 EDT 1996
Map, Creation Of
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

Let there be the Map of Ackanomia. It is a resource of Ackanomia, and
may be owned by no single player.

The Map is a concrete representation of the abstract structure,
location, and relationships of the (lands, buildings, residences,
boundries with other Nomics, and other geographic entities in
Ackanomia, and its interfaces with the Inter-Nomic realm). The
non-existance of any of the entities mentioned in this
paragraph in parentheses shall not be sufficient to cause
the non-existance of the Map.

The Null Map is permissible as the Map. If the Null Map is
being used, the officer in charge of the Map must make this
fact public.

The officer in charge of the Map may choose any medium he or she
desires to render it. The recommended mediums shall be HTML with
clickable images/cgi, or VRML. The officer shall consider public
opinion, availability, and cost of technology when making such
a decision.

If the medium chosen allows what is now commonly referred to as 
"links", or a similar mechanism, then the Map shall be designed
so as to permit links to individual player's "abodes", or other
content, so long as the medium that content is rendered in is
compatable with the Map's medium.

If there is no officer in charge of the Map (except as follows), the
the Web-Harfer shall have that responsibility. If there is no
Web-Harfer, or the Web-Harfer declares that he or she does not want the
responsibility, then no one shall have the responsibility. This clause 
has precedence over any other mutable rule which would require the
Speaker or anyone else to do the job.

________________________________________________
================================================

Proposal 895 - Mon Jun 10 00:25:17 EDT 1996
Map-Harfer, Creation of
Malenkai  (Randy Hall)

      The Office of the Map-Harfer is a Functional Office. It is the
Duty of the Map-Harfer to create and maintain the Map of Ackanomia,
as governed by other rules. If there are no such rules, this rule shall
lie dormant until there are.

________________________________________________
================================================

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Digest V1 #62
******************************